PDA

View Full Version : II - Match Day 3 - Can You Hear the Reds From Orlando? - TFCII @ OrlandoB 7:30pm

OgtheDim
04-04-2017, 03:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaSqj_42idI

Game in Orlando's new stadium. Neat thing is they open the supporter's section for these games. $15 to stand there if you wanted to with a few dozen other people.

Orlando has lost their 2 games so far.

Shway
04-04-2017, 05:27 PM
Toronto FC II ( 1-0-1) vs. Orlando City B (0-0-2)
Preview: Here (http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2017/04/03/match-preview-toronto-fc-ii-orlando-city-b)

Toronto FC loanees:

DF:Brandon Aubrey, Jason Hernandez, Oyvind Alseth
MF: Sergio Carmargo, Tsubasa Endoh

Toronto FC II Roster:

GK:Angelo Cavalluzzo
DF: Lars Eckenrode (inj), Jordan McCrary, Mitch Taintor, Brandon Onkony, Jelani Peters
MF: Liam Fraser, Brian James, Aidan Daniels, Anthony Osorio, Luca Uccello
FW: Ben Spencer, Shaan Hundal, Ricardo John, Aikim Andrews, Malik Johnson, Ryan Tefler

Toronto FC Academy call-up:

GK: Borgan Engbers

Greatest Ripoff
04-04-2017, 05:30 PM
Hoping to see more of Hundal and Johnson. Both were a pleasure to watch last season. Also liked what I saw of Camargo on Saturday.

Shway
04-04-2017, 05:38 PM
Hoping to see more of Hundal and Johnson. Both were a pleasure to watch last season. Also liked what I saw of Camargo on Saturday.

I too liked what I saw from Carmargo.....However I wonder if Shaan and Malik will be with TFCIII at the Dallas Cup. (U20 tournament)

Greatest Ripoff
04-04-2017, 05:44 PM
I too liked what I saw from Carmargo.....However I wonder if Shaan and Malik will be with TFCIII at the Dallas Cup. (U20 tournament)

Looks like Bent was reading my post as both Hundal and Johnson are starting. Camargo on the bench.

OgtheDim
04-04-2017, 06:14 PM
Hmm....

https://twitter.com/TorontoFCII/status/849388656137818112

Hernandez recalled to the top team?

notthesun
04-04-2017, 06:17 PM

The GA Cup is U-17 (born in 2000 or later), it won't include anyone in the current TFC II set up. TFC III proper is gonna be going to that. Akinola is eligible and I'm curious if he shows up there.

notthesun
04-04-2017, 06:27 PM
Hernandez recalled to the top team?

Likely. TFC II have another game Friday so I can see why they'd want to rotate guys into the starting lineup today.

I'm not sure how this is a 3-5-2 though. If Alselth, Taintor and Onkony are the CBs, and McCrary is RWB, who's LWB? Hundal and John are the pair of strikers I'd assume, but then we have Telfer in there, and Johnson. Maybe Johnson is playing LWB (he did play as a wide midfielder at times last year)... meaning Telfer is CAM? Odd. Obviously a lot of squad rotation going on as I said.

Also I'm frankly confused on Alseth's deployment so far, he's a self-described wing back and we've only played him as the right-sided CB so far. If he was signed to backup Beitashour as the first team RWB, why has Endoh been getting starts at RWB instead? Lack of available CBs, so Alseth has to step in there? Or does management still see Endoh as the #2, and Alseth as insurance behind him? I hope it's not the latter, honestly. If we're in a bind again I'd rather see what Alseth can do in the first team than play Endoh out of position again.

Red CB Toronto
04-04-2017, 06:42 PM
The broadcast just started, good to see Mitch back in the lineup.

notthesun
04-04-2017, 06:49 PM
Ok, looks like it's actually Telfer playing LWB, Johnson at CAM.

Red CB Toronto
04-04-2017, 06:55 PM
Ok, looks like it's actually Telfer playing LWB, Johnson at CAM.

Yep, Johnson and James up front as the attacking mids.

Shway
04-04-2017, 07:03 PM
Johnson creative whenever he's on the ball.

Shway
04-04-2017, 07:05 PM
What happens when your goalie is small and not strong in the box. Again, Quilly must of said something offensive, because there is no way they could think Angelo is better.

1-0 OCB

Shway
04-04-2017, 07:14 PM
The GA Cup is U-17 (born in 2000 or later), it won't include anyone in the current TFC II set up. TFC III proper is gonna be going to that. Akinola is eligible and I'm curious if he shows up there.

You're correct....but they're at the Dallas Cup, in the Super Group (http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2017/04/03/toronto-fc-iii-dallas-cup-preview)...which is a U20 tournament. The U17 team is at GA Cup.

Shway
04-04-2017, 07:16 PM
30 mins in...TFCII has been dominating the play. They have majority of possession.

Shway
04-04-2017, 07:16 PM
30' 1-1 - Great finish by Malik Johnson

Red CB Toronto
04-04-2017, 07:18 PM
A nice goal by Johnson.

notthesun
04-04-2017, 07:18 PM
You're correct....but they're at the Dallas Cup, in the Super Group (http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2017/04/03/toronto-fc-iii-dallas-cup-preview)...which is a U20 tournament. The U17 team is at GA Cup.

Ahh, didn't realize there were two age group tournaments going on at the same time.

TFC II have looked good since conceding, that was a deserved goal. Nice quick shot from Johnson, he's been good so far.

Red CB Toronto
04-04-2017, 07:19 PM
OCB has been turning the ball over far too much in their own end. That goal was coming.

Red CB Toronto
04-04-2017, 07:20 PM
Ahh, didn't realize there were two age group tournaments going on at the same time.

TFC II have looked good since conceding, that was a deserved goal. Nice quick shot from Johnson, he's been good so far.

There are actually multiple age groups down to U12.

Red CB Toronto
04-04-2017, 07:27 PM
Not much you can say, that was a great cross for the OCB goal.

Shway
04-04-2017, 07:28 PM
Gotta say Brian James has been atrocious. Don't know if he's being played out of position....but there's definitely better options in Carmargo, and Andrews.

Shway
04-04-2017, 07:29 PM
Not much you can say, that was a great cross for the OCB goal.

The needless giveaway that started the break.

Greatest Ripoff
04-04-2017, 07:36 PM
Goal aside, Johnson has looked good.

SoccMan2
04-04-2017, 07:49 PM
This colour commentator guy you know the resident English accent guy that every pro soccer team in North America seems to have on their broadcasting team lol, is killing me, he has pronounced Cavalluzzo"s name like 4 different ways , is it really that hard to pronounce really? Oh and one of our TFC2 players came out of York College in Canada lol, in this day and age with that thing called the internet a quick google search and you would see that it's York University not York College.

notthesun
04-04-2017, 07:56 PM
That was rough for Alseth. Misjudged the long ball then got beat after he recovered. 3-1 Orlando.

SoccMan2
04-04-2017, 08:11 PM
What happened to Ayo Akinola is he still in the TFC system?

notthesun
04-04-2017, 08:13 PM
Uhhh McCrary definitely got away with a kick out on the Orlando player there, but somehow only the Orlando player is sent off.

Red CB Toronto
04-04-2017, 08:14 PM
OCB down to 10 men for the final 20 minutes and change after a Red Card.

notthesun
04-04-2017, 08:14 PM
What happened to Ayo Akinola is he still in the TFC system?

Still in the academy but serious concerns that he'll actually end up signing with TFC/TFCII.

Red CB Toronto
04-04-2017, 08:18 PM
Still in the academy but serious concerns that he'll actually end up signing with TFC/TFCII.

Seems that he is really taking his time in deciding what his future plans are. Wonder if that is playing a part in him not getting minutes for TFC2 as a member of the academy player pool. I am sure the Reds braintrust would like to give him a look at some point.

SoccMan2
04-04-2017, 08:19 PM
So which academy team is Ayo playing with lately and what's the concern with him?

notthesun
04-04-2017, 08:23 PM
Seems that he is really taking his time in deciding what his future plans are. Wonder if that is playing a part in him not getting minutes for TFC2 as a member of the academy player pool. I am sure the Reds braintrust would like to give him a look at some point.

I think he's just been busy elsewhere so far, he was at the U.S. residency program during preseason and he's probably with TFCIII or the U17 squad now for the youth tournaments in Dallas, then he's going to join up with the U.S. U17s for the CONCACAF U17 World Cup qualifying tournament later this month. So I don't think his contract situation has anything to do with him not being involved right now, but it is something to keep an eye on later in the season.

So which academy team is Ayo playing with lately and what's the concern with him?

We offered him a TFC II contract which he declined, then offered him an MLS contract which he seems to have declined at least for now. He's been getting interest from Europe since his stellar performances with the U.S. U17s have kept coming, so there's a good chance he leaves for Europe when he turns 18 instead of signing with TFC.

SoccMan2
04-04-2017, 09:08 PM
Well then if that's the case then I'm pretty sure that's what he will probably do, it's also too bad that it seems he has also chosen the US over Canada in terms of national teams, he was born in the US but grew up in the Toronto area since I think the age of 2 I think, so played all his soccer growing up here in the Toronto area.

molenshtain
04-04-2017, 09:11 PM
Same thing happened with Weston McKennie and Haji Wright. Not unprecedented but certainly not the best thing for he club if he leaves right now. At least it gets our name out there for player production.