PDA

View Full Version : Gigantic Corporate Tifos

ensco
04-01-2017, 08:50 AM
Tifos for TV. I have my views. What say the people?

denime
04-01-2017, 09:05 AM
What tifo ? Did I missed something?

ensco
04-01-2017, 11:52 AM
The team covered a few thousand people on the east side with a big fabric Tifo for maybe 5 minutes yesterday. Being under it, I have no idea what it said.

Shway
04-01-2017, 01:32 PM
Being under it, I have no idea what it said.

It said "Dawn of the Reds"

OgtheDim
04-01-2017, 02:51 PM
The team covered a few thousand people on the east side with a big fabric Tifo for maybe 5 minutes yesterday. Being under it, I have no idea what it said.

Its said "We apologise for not having as many people in our seats as the rest of the stadium - we will try to leave home earlier next week."

ag futbol
04-01-2017, 03:24 PM
Boo to that. Clearly they are just used as advertising pieces.

Tell you what: If we're winning 3-0 in the 89th minute feel free to cover the people trying to make a break for the go train.

james
04-02-2017, 01:06 AM
I'm still confused what you guys are talking about....Tifo in East stand? The team covered thousands of people in the East stand with a Tifo? What???

On another similar topic, I was in South stand...Anyone have a picture of the Tifo before kickoff???? from behind it I couldn't tell what it was.

Ultra & Proud
04-02-2017, 08:07 AM
Just a big "flag" thing they passed over the section. Said Dawn of the Reds and placed there so it would show on TV during the pre-match hoopla. I don't care if they do it or not. Honestly, if the team didn't do things like this people would be starting polls on here asking if MLSE really gives a shit about it's "golden goose" anymore anyway so it's pretty much another a no win topic.

Alixir
04-02-2017, 10:25 AM
lol really? People whining about a flag that covered some supporters during the walkouts and anthems?
My team in Japan has a flag that says "All you need is football" that covers the entire supporters section during walkouts and team anthems every game. Everyone loves it. We are there to support the team. when the walkouts and anthems are finished the flag goes away in time to watch the match. We even bring it on the road for away games. I never see people on our boards whining about a flag that is over head for a whopping few minutes.

ag futbol
04-02-2017, 10:55 AM
^ Different. We're talking about corporately made banners that are covering fans for minutes at a time during play.

Red4ever
04-02-2017, 10:29 PM
I didn't see it during play.

If it's during play, no.
If it's not during play, fully welcomed.

Ive made my feelings known about some of the banners the south does. At least the corporate ones are aim small miss small.

Derko
04-03-2017, 05:29 AM
Just my 2 cents, It is the exact same as gigantic supporters flags going over the fans during player walkouts and anthems, this is a bit of a hypocritical poll, the starter of the thread has his or hers opinion and is valued.
I have no problem with it as long as it is not during gameplay.

Captain
04-03-2017, 08:52 AM
What was the tifo that was passed across the west stand? I sit just above it so I couldn't tell what it was. It looked like it might have been the Canadian flag but I wasn't sure.

Alixir
04-03-2017, 10:46 AM
^ Different. We're talking about corporately made banners that are covering fans for minutes at a time during play.
Not different. Our flag was paid for and provided by the FO and the"dawn of the reds" banner was not used during the run of play. It was only used during the walkouts and anthems. If it was used during the run of play it was only for maybe the first 45 seconds of the match.

OgtheDim
04-03-2017, 11:18 AM
Not different. Our flag was paid for and provided by the FO and the"dawn of the reds" banner was not used during the run of play. It was only used during the walkouts and anthems. If it was used during the run of play it was only for maybe the first 45 seconds of the match.

So you can't see the difference between a corporate banner foisted on non supporter sections at random (and yes it has gone over during play before) and managed by TFC staff

&

a supporter created TIFO in front of supporters ?

Derko
04-03-2017, 11:45 AM
Of course I can see the difference, as I said if it is during play it is a problem, the supporters group gigantic banners if. unfurled during game play, that is not cool.
The supporters groups do a great job of not unfurling them during play. I just think that the big bad corporate argument gets a bit tiring.

Perhaps my wording should have been a little more eloquent. I hope those that work hard at creating those banners will accept this. and was not directed at them.

From my vantage point, upper 110, I mainly see what is hoisted on the west side or the south side. I did see a Canadian Flag unfurled, (prior game play starting) which I thought was appropriate.

So you can't see the difference between a corporate banner foisted on non supporter sections at random (and yes it has gone over during play before) and managed by TFC staff

&

Fort York Redcoat
04-03-2017, 11:46 AM

&

I'm more impressed that he interviewed an entire portion of a Japanese stadium and they ALL agreed they were fine with an overhead. :rolleyes:

Red4ever
04-03-2017, 11:48 AM
Of course I can see the difference, as I said if it is during play it is a problem, the supporters group gigantic banners if. unfurled during game play, that is not cool.
The supporters groups do a great job of not unfurling them during play. I just think that the big bad corporate argument gets a bit tiring.

Perhaps my wording should have been a little more eloquent. I hope those that work hard at creating those banners will accept this. and was not directed at them.

From my vantage point, upper 110, I mainly see what is hoisted on the west side or the south side. I did see a Canadian Flag unfurled, (prior game play starting) which I thought was appropriate.

+ 1.

OgtheDim
04-03-2017, 12:01 PM
I wasn't replying to you, Derko.

Red4ever
04-03-2017, 12:04 PM

It's a thread. People can reply to any post.

Jesus man, take a break.

GabrielHurl
04-03-2017, 01:05 PM
They did this during the last 5 minutes of the home opener last season
https://s22.postimg.org/fdyd6pvw1/20160507_213356.jpg

OgtheDim
04-03-2017, 01:38 PM
It's a thread. People can reply to any post.

Jesus man, take a break.

Unsaid stuff going on here.

I quoted somebody and replied to that. Derko replied indicating I was replying to him, including a reference to him not having written clearly. I had no problem with what he wrote. So..I told him who I was replying to.

All good...

German21
04-03-2017, 03:02 PM
they are run and paid for by MLSE and its their choice to what they want in the east and west stands. In the south we can generally do what we want. Sadly the people in the east and west don't really have a choice as to what happens over their heads. If those people don't move the overhead along fast enough i can see it running into play time, but that's probably not the intention of MLSE. Really its the people in the east and west stands own fault for not moving it along quicker.

just my two cents

Derko
04-03-2017, 08:59 PM

Sorry all is good

Fort York Redcoat
04-04-2017, 08:18 AM
They did this during the last 5 minutes of the home opener last season
https://s22.postimg.org/fdyd6pvw1/20160507_213356.jpg

I remember plenty of these moments throughout the years.

I've never seen it travel well during play. Usually after 2 sections it's thrown to the base and gets twisted.

but I guess it's in the trying...

MightyDM
04-04-2017, 09:27 AM
Tifos for TV. I have my views. What say the people?

I far prefer what we create ourselves as supporters, so I vote against. But - as long as it doesn't spread to other corporatizing of the fane experience, it's not the end of the world.

Alixir
04-18-2017, 10:41 AM
I'm more impressed that he interviewed an entire portion of a Japanese stadium and they ALL agreed they were fine with an overhead. :rolleyes:What exactly are you trying to do with this comment? What is the message you are trying to imply?
No i didn't interview the entire portion of the stadium. What a silly comment. However our supporters don't go on to the forums and complain about it and it has been pulled over our heads every game...(including away games)for the last 15 years.

Fort York Redcoat
04-18-2017, 01:09 PM
What exactly are you trying to do with this comment? What is the message you are trying to imply?
No i didn't interview the entire portion of the stadium. What a silly comment. However our supporters don't go on to the forums and complain about it and it has been pulled over our heads every game...(including away games)for the last 15 years.

No complaints on the forums. Cool.

Different places care about different things. I think we've nailed that.

You don't seem to care about blocking run of play. You don't think it's a big deal. I'm happy you're in a place that agrees with you for the most part.

Here we care. At least, a vocal portion of us.

That's what I'm trying to say. That is my message.

Again, happy you found a place more to your priorities and liking.