PDA

View Full Version : Other MLS Games - March 25

OgtheDim
03-24-2017, 06:31 AM
Yup, international break and 3 MLS games on Saturday

All are West @ East games. Would like to see 3 wins for West teams but I think its going to be the opposite.

Minnesota @ NER 2pm - A chance for one team or the other to redeem themselves. The Loons have a couple of chances for wins before we meet them in May. Here's hoping they win one of them. NER is a mess so might happen but I doubt it. 3-2 NER win

RSL @ NYRB 4pm - RSL waiting for its new manager doesn't have the horses to keep up with the NYRB press. 4-1 win for NYRB

Portland @ CBus 7pm - Game of the week, which isn't saying much. Portland has been scoring buckets at home against two pretty bad defensive teams. The piss stains are not a great defensive team either but better then the Loons & Houston. CBus will be motivated and see this as an opportunity to lay some ghosts to rest. A 3-1 win for the home side.

Tony88
03-24-2017, 08:03 AM
Great analysis & buy best cheap soccer jerseys (https://www.fcbjerseys.ru)

Yohan
03-24-2017, 09:14 AM
US vs Honduras 1030pm tonight

OgtheDim
03-24-2017, 05:50 PM
Panama @ Trinidad at 7pm - Cooper is starting RM in a 4-3-3/4-5-1

Trinidad a big mess and Panama could finish them off with a win tonight.

OgtheDim
03-24-2017, 11:26 PM
Notes for us

Bradley scores a goal - with his left foot.

Jozy stringing passes like he is working with Seba.

Houston loses their top goal scorer.

And, Honduras experiencing a meltdown a lot like a certain CANMNT game.

OgtheDim
03-25-2017, 08:07 AM
I'm also coming to the conclusion that a lot of of US people don't rate Altidore because

a) Sunderland

b) he's black

Guy basically has the a broader skill set then Dempsey, plays much in the same veign with the same attitude but with more pace.

But a lot of USMNT watchers faugn over Dempsey and talks about his determination & grit while Altidore, who plays a much harder game getting stuck into opponents more but plays teammates in more, still has to prove himself.

ensco
03-25-2017, 08:27 AM
^I also think Altidore (and Bradley) are a bit lost up here. American media doesn't care, and most Americans just don't register Canada.

Altidore's performance in the playoffs last year might have been the greatest 6 games of any player in MLS history (and would have been for sure, if that header had gone in). But who knows that except us?

Same for Josh Donaldson and Demar Derozan btw. They don't get the level of respect they deserve either.

ensco
03-25-2017, 08:31 AM
The Bradley wonder strike.

Looks like Freddy Hall in net, and Marco Reda and Adam Braz trying to mark him....

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/61dloc/michael_bradley_goal_against_honduras_20/

Detroit_TFC
03-25-2017, 09:43 AM
Altidore had an outstanding performance vs Honduras, not in terms of goals but in supporting the attack. The way he was combining with Pulisic was thrilling. Wasn't a surprise to anyone used to seeing that on the TFC squad, but may have opened some eyes for others.

Honduras performed far worse than people expected so I'm not ready to make any grand claims, but it was clear to me at least that Arena has significantly adjusted the mentality around the US squad.

UpTheReds
03-25-2017, 12:11 PM
Anyone have any streams for the games today? Debating buying MLS Live for a month to try it out.

OgtheDim
03-25-2017, 01:04 PM
https://soccerstreams.net/streams/4734/new-england-868_vs_minnesota-united-861

Detroit_TFC
03-25-2017, 01:45 PM
Decent outside the box goal from Collen Warner to equalize for Minnesota.

notthesun
03-25-2017, 02:05 PM
This Minnesota squad is, relatively, the worst MLS team of all-time by a god damn mile. If they don't make significant signings in the summer they're gonna post the record to prove it, too.

Brandino88
03-25-2017, 02:09 PM
Minnesotas defence is horrible and they're playing with 2 def. mids

Red CB Toronto
03-25-2017, 02:52 PM
Altidore had an outstanding performance vs Honduras, not in terms of goals but in supporting the attack. The way he was combining with Pulisic was thrilling. Wasn't a surprise to anyone used to seeing that on the TFC squad, but may have opened some eyes for others.

Honduras performed far worse than people expected so I'm not ready to make any grand claims, but it was clear to me at least that Arena has significantly adjusted the mentality around the US squad.

Truth be told, JK simply lost the room. He in ways was so stubborn and set in his ways. Bruce has refreshed this team. Great to see Jozy and The General contributing in ways they always should be. I know he is a Sounder, but it was great seeing Duece in all his glory.

OgtheDim
03-25-2017, 03:29 PM
The record goals against in one season is 67 of Chivas in 2013.

The Loons are on target to beat that before the end of June.

ag futbol
03-25-2017, 04:54 PM
Anyone have any streams for the games today? Debating buying MLS Live for a month to try it out.
What's up with the Facebook feed? Does it only work in the US?

OgtheDim
03-25-2017, 05:19 PM
What's up with the Facebook feed? Does it only work in the US?

Yes, its geoblocked.

0-0 score a good result for us. Anything to halt momentum for the energy drinks.

OgtheDim
03-25-2017, 07:54 PM
This game in Columbus is not bad in a mid table not very good technique but lots of offence sort of way.

SoccMan2
03-26-2017, 02:29 PM
Pathetic attendances in all three games yesterday, listed attendances in the 11000 area both in New England and Columbus and in the 16000's in New Jersey, however looking at the highlights for all three games I doubt there were more than 50000 in attendance in all three games, just pathetic. Being someone who followed the old NASL of the 70's and 80's and who saw that league fold when I see these cities with these pathetic attendance numbers I'm never 100 percent positive that this league does not all come crumbling down one day.

molenshtain
03-26-2017, 11:41 PM
Pathetic attendances in all three games yesterday, listed attendances in the 11000 area both in New England and Columbus and in the 16000's in New Jersey, however looking at the highlights for all three games I doubt there were more than 50000 in attendance in all three games, just pathetic. Being someone who followed the old NASL of the 70's and 80's and who saw that league fold when I see these cities with these pathetic attendance numbers I'm never 100 percent positive that this league does not all come crumbling down one day.

You know the league is one of the 5-6 best attended leagues in the world right? MLS has problems, attendance isn't one of them

ensco
03-27-2017, 08:25 AM
I think the problem is playing games in northern cities in March.

MLS badly needs to go back to an April start date.

It looks like it's going to be awful here Friday night, and if we didn't have a championship team, BMO would be more than half empty too.

OgtheDim
03-27-2017, 10:15 AM
It was 20 Celsius in Columbus.

Areathrasher
03-27-2017, 10:33 AM
Just a quick note on the geoblocked FB live MLS and Liga MX games. The opera browser has a built in VPN, if you're into that sort of thing...

Initial B
03-27-2017, 12:03 PM

It looks like it's going to be awful here Friday night, and if we didn't have a championship team, BMO would be more than half empty too.

Once MLS has 28+ teams, there will be enough teams that they can have all the extreme northern teams play away at the southern teams until April. I would say it would mainly affect Toronto, Minnesota, Chicago, Columbus, New England, Philadelphia and both New Yorks (but not Montreal because they have the dome). I would keep the interior mid-latitude cities (RSL, Colorado, SKC) 2 weeks away at the start of the season to allow their cities to warm up a little. That should solve the problem for a decade or so until global warming takes over.

Shway
03-27-2017, 02:28 PM

HA...you can dream all you want. The reality is MLS is going to 28 teams. A February start is all but looking more likely.

Fort York Redcoat
03-28-2017, 01:56 PM
Decent outside the box goal from Collen Warner to equalize for Minnesota.

Warner came up with a lucky deflection but happy for him.