PDA

View Full Version : Dickov or Sundin - Who will make up their F&**ing Mind First?

Chevy
07-30-2008, 09:07 AM
?????

TicTacTabarnack
07-30-2008, 09:09 AM
LMAO :rofl: ... It's funny cause it's true!

Northern Soul
07-30-2008, 09:16 AM
I voted Mats. Dickov will likely NEVER make up his mind.

Don Julio
07-30-2008, 09:31 AM
Mats, I thought, promised Friday. I can't see Dickov deciding before then.

werewolf
07-30-2008, 09:32 AM
you should have added a third option for when Vernon Wells will start earning his contract...

bdrs
07-30-2008, 09:44 AM
I have to think about it. I mean I'm not even sure if I want to vote. I hope to be able to decide by the first week of August if I want to vote and then I should be able to make a choice.

Roogsy
07-30-2008, 09:49 AM
Somebody please tell me that the contract to Dickov would be prorated. If the guy takes any longer, each game that passes by we are closer to the end of the season and I think we are well past the half-point, there is no sense in giving him an actual "half-season" salary. That way, it might light a fire under his butt to finally decide.

Shakes McQueen
07-30-2008, 09:49 AM
Mats, I thought, promised Friday. I can't see Dickov deciding before then.

Mats' agent gave a "soft deadline" of August 1st for deciding his future, which of course, means there is no deadline at all.

Dickov is rumoured to be deciding in the next 24 hours or so, according to some conjecture I've read on European football websites. But of course, they are wrong more than they are right on most things.

I picked Dickov, only because I know he is back in Toronto talking to Mo about playing here, and the other offers Dickov had on the table seem to be fading fast.

- Scott

Shakes McQueen
07-30-2008, 09:55 AM
you should have added a third option for when Vernon Wells will start earning his contract...

Replace Vernon Wells with Alex Rios, and you've got my support. Vern has been injured far too much this year to accurately judge his value to the club.

Rios on the other hand has, what? Eight homers this year? Batting somewhere in the .280s?

Vern has nine homers, the same batting avg., and almost the same number of RBIs, with 40% less at-bats.

- Scott

TFC_Junky
07-30-2008, 09:55 AM
Ha Ha Ha, great thread! funny as hell.

As for the actual signings... I hope is Dickov, my support for the leafs is over.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-30-2008, 09:56 AM
im not even psyched on Dickov to begin with, this is hardly endearing.
I really hope Mo has another Ace up his sleeve.

tfcleeds
07-30-2008, 10:01 AM
This is what worries me about Dickov. The guy is hemming and hawing about it way too much - if he really doesn't want to be here, maybe he shouldn't bother coming here.

On other note, why not sign Sundin. He couldn't be any worse than Cunny...

Jay1974
07-30-2008, 10:08 AM
1 Dick is going to sign and I'm hoping it's Dickov. TFC has a shot at the playoffs with him. Mats or no Mats the Leafs are hoping for Tavares.

Smenge
07-30-2008, 10:23 AM
It is wait and see, considering MLSE has offered Dikov a pair of soccer cleats and Mats $10 million.

DOMIN8R
07-30-2008, 11:07 AM
I think that the Dickov devision has been made. I suspect we are waiting for the "pieces to fall into place" with Chicago before the Dickov deal can be finalized (cap space + formal written offer + MLS approval = announcement)

Flipityflu
07-30-2008, 11:38 AM
^yep, i think dichov is waiting for us, not the other way around

S_D
07-30-2008, 11:54 AM
If Dickov is truly waiting for us then TFC may have to get Garber moving on Chicago, or just call up Chicago and say the deal is off.

We need a striker now and if Dickov can come over now then great and the deal with Chicago can be put off until later or not get done at all. We have the roster space as Dunny is done for the season, and we can free up an extra spot later if the Chicago deal happens.

While getting Barrett would be nice and all, wouldn't it be great to announce in the media that Chicago has refused to sign the deal and bring home it's prodigal son so we called the deal off?

Let Barrett stay there for the rest of the season and be bitter, make Chicago wait until next season to deal with Seattle for the allocation spot, and let McB sit on his ass at home until next year. And put the blame squarely on Chicago's shoulders.

And in the meantime, send a few draft picks to NE for Noonan's rights :D

We get a forward in Dickov, a forward in Noonan and we get to screw Chicago for a season.

Heaven

Dirk Diggler
07-30-2008, 12:11 PM

Its kinda harsh to criticize a guy when he's injured. Prior to that, he was by far the best hitter on the team. I'd say that's earning your contract.

TFC07
07-30-2008, 12:55 PM
Probably Sundin. :(

poppamidnight
07-30-2008, 02:15 PM
Mats' agent gave a "soft deadline" of August 1st for deciding his future, which of course, means there is no deadline at all.

Dickov is rumoured to be deciding in the next 24 hours or so, according to some conjecture I've read on European football websites. But of course, they are wrong more than they are right on most things.

I picked Dickov, only because I know he is back in Toronto talking to Mo about playing here, and the other offers Dickov had on the table seem to be fading fast.

- Scott

Mats is Friday i believe....

... and he's going to my hometown Vancouver Canucks!!!! (I dont belive he'd be that cold-hearted to torment you hopeless leaf fans by signing with your bitter rivals)

Sad thing about Dickov, is that we really could use him for the weekend game,
I believe it's being held up due to Cunny,

Seriously, i think theres something wrong with Mo... THeres no way dumping someone like Cunny could possibly take this long...

mauser09
07-30-2008, 02:39 PM
I have to think about it. I mean I'm not even sure if I want to vote. I hope to be able to decide by the first week of August if I want to vote and then I should be able to make a choice.

Haha good one

TFC_Junky
07-30-2008, 02:40 PM
Now that the Barrett deal is done, maybe TFC can get the deal with dickov done!?

Leafs 92/93
07-30-2008, 02:52 PM
MATS, friday!

jloome
07-30-2008, 04:10 PM
Dickov, because the deal is already done. Read between the lines, people. His agent has told both Leicester and Blackpool he's coming to TFC and both papers have confirmed it on the record.

The latest effort by Mandaric today to keep the option open will be a result of his agent calling and saying his client is actually still weighing options, but that's only to keep from alienating them while they nervously wait for MLS (or immigration) to get their shit together.

rocker
07-30-2008, 04:38 PM
immigration shouldn't be a problem.. or at least it never was on any of the other foreigners we've had.
my guess is weeks ago Mojo offered him the max, 165 for half this season, and 330 next season, and advised him of the problems that had to be cleared before he could be signed... and that's why Dichov hasn't signed in England. He can't be stalling for more $$ with TFC, that's for sure. And he's had long enough to negotiate with multiple English teams if he wanted to squeeze extra $$$ out of them.