PDA

View Full Version : Other MLS Games - March 18-19th

OgtheDim
03-17-2017, 06:21 AM
They seem to be taking St. Patrick's Day Off

Saturday

Montreal @ NYCFC 2pm - Not much space for the Impact to counter from. I'm thinking this will be a goal fest 4-2 for the Pigeons

Chicago @ Atlanta 4pm - Intriguing. A real test of who these teams are. Atlanta finally meets a team with a firm defensive discipline. We play both these teams in April. 2-1 for Chicago.

CBus @ DCU 7pm - Just not all that interesting. DCU likely stronger at home. 2-0 for DCU

Philly @ Orlando 7:30 - Still not sure what Orlando is after that emotional home opener but we know Philly is bruising. Going to be loud and obnoxious. 2-2 draw.

NER @ Dallas 8pm - NER way more rested but Dallas was home this week and is just way better. 4-1 Dallas

San Jose @ SKC 8:30pm - We play SKC in a couple of weeks so keeping an eye on this game would be a good idea. SKC hasn't scored yet and San Jose has only played Canadian teams at home. SKC sets up well against the flat 4-4-2 and should break out. 3-1 for SKC

Minnesota @ Colorado 9pm - This will be really ugly. The loons will keep it under 5 for the first time but really have not got much going on at all. 3-0 for the Rapids

LAG @ RSL 9:30pm - RSL in trouble. LAG looking not like a powerhouse. All the hallmarks of a draw. 2-2

Houston @ Portland 10:30pm - Game of the week. Big test for Houston. Can they keep it going in Portland. I think they can't but it will be close. 3-2 for Portland.

Sunday

NYRB @ Seattle 7pm - Gosh this will be hyped. Seattle sets up well against NYRB's press which hasn't been all that impressive so far but has gotten points. 3-1 for the Sounders.

OgtheDim
03-18-2017, 06:49 PM
Atlanta.....holy crap can they beat up on teams.

UpTheReds
03-18-2017, 07:07 PM
80-1 for Atlanta to win MLS Cup. Might just be worth a fiver!

UpTheReds
03-18-2017, 07:08 PM
Does anyone have any streams for any of the other games tonight?

Tunnelred
03-18-2017, 07:22 PM
Starting to get slightly worried about Atlanta, I know Chicago went down to 10, but they still pummeled them. I'm watching the Orlando game right now. They are looking pretty good going forward. Just lacking the final product right now. Which I expected as I put Larin in my fantasy team this week...

Looking forward to the late game. Reckon Houston will actually win that 2-1.

Tunnelred
03-18-2017, 07:28 PM
Larin is now excused :smile:

UpTheReds
03-18-2017, 07:42 PM
Starting to get slightly worried about Atlanta, I know Chicago went down to 10, but they still pummeled them. I'm watching the Orlando game right now. They are looking pretty good going forward. Just lacking the final product right now. Which I expected as I put Larin in my fantasy team this week...

Looking forward to the late game. Reckon Houston will actually win that 2-1.

Do you happen to have a stream for the late game lined up?

OgtheDim
03-18-2017, 07:49 PM
There used to be a reddit thread that gave out soccer streams based on games but reddit cracked down on stream providers ("Nazis and homophobes and misogynist abusers - no problem - sporsts stream - BAN EM")

Its been changed to a website https://soccerstreams.net/

I go there and to http://cricfree.sc/sports-live-streaming-1

Auzzy
03-18-2017, 08:38 PM
Looks like the game highlights on the MLS website are now only 2 minutes, total BS. They used to be 6 minutes; then 4 minutes for a few seasons; now 2. So annoying, you can't even see the buildup to the goals, or any other interesting moments.

I guess teams can still have longer highlights on their own website. TFC has a 4-min. clip posted for this game, but not all teams do that. (For the Atlanta game, I could only find a low-quality longer clip with Spanish commentary, that somebody posted on YouTube.)

Detroit_TFC
03-18-2017, 08:48 PM
Big win for Orlando City. Two wins in their new house. I bet DCU can't wait for their new house bump, they are not good (going to be a while, though).

Hugh Jazz
03-18-2017, 09:28 PM
Larin is going to achieve legendary status when he's done with that city.

OgtheDim
03-18-2017, 10:37 PM
Today Minnesota was better then Vancouver.

But Houston is VERY good. That game in late April will be WAY tougher then we are used to with the guys in Orange.

Tunnelred
03-19-2017, 06:25 AM
Do you happen to have a stream for the late game lined up?

nah, I use MLS Live. Sorry I didn't reply last night, ended up coming off my PC. Hope you found a stream!

CBTFC
03-19-2017, 06:59 AM
Call me crazy but Atlanta is looking the team to beat in the East. They don't resemble anything like an expansion team, and they don't even have Guzan yet.

UpTheReds
03-19-2017, 09:02 AM
Valeri and Adi are a lethal strike force for Portland at the moment! Wow.

Fort York Redcoat
03-19-2017, 01:54 PM
Montreal got shelled but lucky for them the Farm team shit the bed. Dom evens it up. Still a presence.

Larin with a brace. Not going to Scotland midweek. Guess he'll sacrifice chemistry and catch up with Canada for Gold Cup. Maybe Montreal for Curacao.

What an angle on that Urruti goal for Dallas.

KC didn't show much. SJ's keeper Saad lost that game for them on brain farts.

OgtheDim
03-19-2017, 06:32 PM
Seattle fans being told by the in stadium projection boards to get their "scarves up" :facepalm:

So plastic, so full of themselves and so unaware of how much they don't do without being led around.

Tunnelred
03-19-2017, 06:52 PM
Seeing that star on Seattles jersey just makes me sad/mad. Hope this finishes a tie. Keep Seattle winless, and taking two points away from NYRB.

Blindside16
03-19-2017, 11:34 PM
Atlanta can't possibly keep this form up...... can they? They are a very scary team at the moment, hopefully when we get them we will have a clear idea how to break them down. What is staggering though is when you work out the math they are on pace to score 113 goals. Unreal

Auzzy
03-20-2017, 04:20 PM
Chad Barrett, for old times sake:

http://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter/2017-03-18-real-salt-lake-vs-la-galaxy/details/video/98219

Detroit_TFC
03-20-2017, 05:51 PM
Atlanta can't possibly keep this form up...... can they? They are a very scary team at the moment, hopefully when we get them we will have a clear idea how to break them down. What is staggering though is when you work out the math they are on pace to score 113 goals. Unreal

I had a feeling Atlanta might get a bright start but summer is going to hit them like a ton of bricks. They'll probably have enough points in the bank to cover an extended rough patch. I still like them to barely make the playoffs.

OgtheDim
03-20-2017, 06:12 PM
Lets see where Atlanta are after May. By then they'll have played Seattle away, us away, Montreal, Portland away, Houston & NYCFC twice.

notthesun
03-20-2017, 07:01 PM
Atlanta has lost to the only good team they've played. That being said, they haven't squeaked by in the other games, they've crushed their opponents, so I don't think they're frauds or anything, but I'm pretty sure they're not the 3rd best team in the league as the standings currently indicate.

Prof
03-21-2017, 11:52 AM
Chad Barrett, for old times sake:

http://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter/2017-03-18-real-salt-lake-vs-la-galaxy/details/video/98219

Memories.