PDA

View Full Version : TFC playoffs chances

samconnie
07-30-2008, 07:18 AM
MLS team chances of making playoff stats

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/USA/MLS.html

Oldtimer
07-30-2008, 07:32 AM
Just better than 50% with the squad we currently have.
We need some changes soon!

Rochdale
07-30-2008, 07:35 AM
Dont win this Sunday, it's over. Can't see them picking up points in their remaining away games.

rocker
07-30-2008, 08:12 AM
those odds seem a bit flaky.
by the chart, it means that in 1 week tfc lost 25% of its chance to make the playoffs. which means with a win, tfc could go back to 76% chance. right?

rpb-tfc-4life
07-30-2008, 08:15 AM
they need to win on sunday by a significant amount to build confidence for th upcoming road games..

TheRenter
07-30-2008, 08:33 AM
sunday will not be an easy task, our chances are not very good to make the playoffs this year.

i expect much better from this team next year however.

boban
07-30-2008, 08:42 AM
Yes but on the stats sheet they are listed in 9th despite being over 50% chance. But we all know only 8 teams make the playoffs.

Technorgasm
07-30-2008, 09:05 AM
sunday will not be an easy task, our chances are not very good to make the playoffs this year.

i expect much better from this team next year however.

Its a sorry day on the board if we are already talking about NEXT year.

COME ON BOYS! find that spark!

so. . . Dichio missing seems to have made a HUGE impact.

BARRETTA better shoot us to our target.. . . purple monkey dishwasher

Beach_Red
07-30-2008, 10:36 AM
Certainly no one looks unbeatable this year and there's still plenty of time. The first place team in the west just barely scraped out a win at home against a very depleted TFC. As long as we're playing a high school kid at striker we're nowhere near at full strength. I can't imagine that will continue for the rest of the season.

August - two home gamaes; Dallas and New England and three road games; Colorado, Red Bulls (shite) and Chivas.

TFC can win three of those games.

September - three home games and one on the road. Win three of those, maybe draw one.

October is the tough month, three on the road and one at home, but six points from those games is realistic.

This season is far from over.

McBrace
07-30-2008, 10:43 AM
Those numbers mean shit to me. I know it doesn't look good, BUT anything can happen. I think it's more like Vegas odds than anything else.

Smenge
07-30-2008, 10:50 AM
The competition keeps improving, and TFC is now close to second worst in the league. Why should their chances be better than teams that are passing them with each week?