PDA

View Full Version : MLS Transfers Thread (non TFC) 2017

Oldtimer
01-23-2017, 09:46 AM
Post any news here.

C.Ronaldo
01-23-2017, 10:16 AM
in reply to

The original tweet had the wrong joao pedro.

I was just thinking what is taking MLS so long to tap the portuguese market
Most of those players were bred to expect an international move. Add big american SUV to the mix and shouldnt be too hard to convince some of the non national team players to leave europe

KidA
01-26-2017, 11:53 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Update from Wales: there are five invitees currently in camp. Attila Filkor, Isaiah Hudson, Ross Jenkins, Daniel Lovitz, &amp; David Templeton.</p>&mdash; Vancouver Whitecaps (@WhitecapsFC) <a href="https://twitter.com/WhitecapsFC/status/824647360903049217">January 26, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Looks like Lovitz is training with the Whitecaps

notthesun
01-27-2017, 05:56 PM
http://www.rsl.com/post/2017/01/27/real-salt-lake-signs-mffw-luis-silva

Luis Silva returns to RSL. Kind of surprised to realize he's already 28 years old... rookies coming out of the NCAA can really mess with your perception.

Only made 2 appearances for Tigres, both in the CCL.

jloome
01-31-2017, 01:14 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Update from Wales: there are five invitees currently in camp. Attila Filkor, Isaiah Hudson, Ross Jenkins, Daniel Lovitz, &amp; David Templeton.</p>&mdash; Vancouver Whitecaps (@WhitecapsFC) <a href="https://twitter.com/WhitecapsFC/status/824647360903049217">January 26, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Looks like Lovitz is training with the Whitecaps

Set up a goal against Oxford yesterday. Not sure why we got rid of him, to be honest; always looked a good winger to me.

OgtheDim
01-31-2017, 01:46 PM
We don't play with wingers. Havn't really since Vanney came. Not sure I'm happy with that because then a lot depends on our FB's. But we are not really going to play a flat 4-4-2

jloome
01-31-2017, 03:44 PM
We don't play with wingers. Havn't really since Vanney came. Not sure I'm happy with that because then a lot depends on our FB's. But we are not really going to play a flat 4-4-2

He's playing fullback for the whitecaps. Has looked pretty good but it looks like Robbo is experimenting with more offensive set.

PopePouri
01-31-2017, 03:50 PM
Set up a goal against Oxford yesterday. Not sure why we got rid of him, to be honest; always looked a good winger to me.

Raheem Edwards is a winger and a much better footballer which is not asking a lot.

jloome
01-31-2017, 05:31 PM
Raheem Edwards is a winger and a much better footballer which is not asking a lot.

Probably true. Also irrelevant, as Lovitz has two feet and good enough is good enough. Did we get better by cutting him? Because last time I checked, we hadn't actually signed a winger, or Edwards, to the first team.

molenshtain
01-31-2017, 05:41 PM
Let's remember that it really doesn't matter when we sign academy or TFC 2 guys. they're already playing with us and have been doing so for a long time. pretty sure we didn't sign Balbouli until 2-3 days before the season opener last year even though it had been a foregone conclusion that he was getting the call-up all winter. I'm sure they're doing the same with regards to Edwards. same goes for Akinola also, though we don't know what the deal is with him and the European interest.

PopePouri
01-31-2017, 06:04 PM
Probably true. Also irrelevant, as Lovitz has two feet and good enough is good enough. Did we get better by cutting him? Because last time I checked, we hadn't actually signed a winger, or Edwards, to the first team.

It's irrelevant when he signs because it's preseason. And yes we did get better by cutting him because there's a reason why Vancouver is playing him at LB and not as a winger. We can also invest in more homegrown talent instead of 25 year old American depth signing.

jloome
01-31-2017, 06:26 PM
It's irrelevant when he signs because it's preseason. And yes we did get better by cutting him because there's a reason why Vancouver is playing him at LB and not as a winger. We can also invest in more homegrown talent instead of 25 year old American depth signing.

Okay, I can see that. 25 is pretty old given that he's not first-team material.

burlington Red
02-16-2017, 09:24 AM
Not mls related but top PL ref Mark Clattenburg is leaving to go ref in Saudi. Good move that for their league, he'll help the other refs in their game with his experience. He's not perfect, the recent Arsenal game for eg but he's certainly a lot better than some of the crap we've had in recent seasons
www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10770130/mark-clattenburg-to-quit-premier-league-to-referee-in-saudi-arabia

Areathrasher
02-16-2017, 09:33 AM
I imagine he'll end up working for PRO in a few years. Webb was working in Saudi too before taking the VAR gig with PRO

OgtheDim
02-16-2017, 09:39 AM
Rumour had it Clattenberg's agent put out feelers to both China and MLS. Not sure about the CSL but MLS is not really interested in getting in star refs to do actual games.

Webb is here because he REALLY wants to do VAR and MLS is one of the bigger testing grounds. Clattenberg is all about being in the middle.

Areathrasher
02-16-2017, 09:49 AM
He's taking an advisory job on their reffing committee and wont be reffing games according to a journo at his unveiling.

burlington Red
02-16-2017, 10:17 AM
He's taking an advisory job on their reffing committee and wont be reffing games according to a journo at his unveiling.

cushy wee number for him.

sidvan
02-20-2017, 08:59 PM
Ives Galarcep (https://twitter.com/SoccerByIves)
I'm told Minnesota United has completed its move for Swiss right back Jerome Thiesson from FC Luzern. https://twitter.com/GoalUSA/status/833851581263179776 … (https://t.co/Dh7G7D7Kqs)

DinamoTFC
02-21-2017, 12:08 AM
Ives Galarcep (https://twitter.com/SoccerByIves)
I'm told Minnesota United has completed its move for Swiss right back Jerome Thiesson from FC Luzern. https://twitter.com/GoalUSA/status/833851581263179776 … (https://t.co/Dh7G7D7Kqs)

As a result tfc earn 50k in GAM from Minnesota for holding his discovery rights.

Bobo
02-24-2017, 01:15 PM
Keisuke Honda will join the Sounders imminently, according to reports in Italy. Couldn't quite hack it in Serie A, but he's a useful creative player who should improve in a much less tactical league.

TFC1154ever
02-24-2017, 04:07 PM
Wow, I don't know where that puts us. The 3 favourites this season have to be us, Seattle and Dallas

ensco
02-25-2017, 10:38 PM
Excellent. A player I dislike, Brek Shea, just got traded to the Whitecaps.

I always like it when a guy like that gets moved to a rival.

notthesun
02-25-2017, 10:58 PM
I'm like 80% sure Robinson is getting canned this year.

molenshtain
02-26-2017, 04:37 AM
I literally have no idea what Vancouver is even trying to do.

OgtheDim
02-26-2017, 08:56 AM
Revamping their attack completely. Makes not much sense to me because all they really needed up there was a decent striker. The bigger issue is in game tactics.

notthesun
02-26-2017, 12:56 PM
Montero is a good and sorely needed addition.

I don't see what sense the Shea deal makes, besides (I think?) saving the Caps some money. If Montero is hurt they're still screwed, and while I don't think much of Barnes at all, I'd rather have him as a backup than having to rely on Hurtado. All they've done now is add another inconsistent wide attacking mid, as if they needed another one. They need a reliable DP playmaker. And they still have a huge hole at RB in my opinion, Sheanon Williams and a draft pick aren't the answer I don't think.

Their roster has been badly mismanaged for a few years now, I really don't know what's going on there. They've been completely unable to replace Camilo, letting Beitashour walk was obviously a colossal mistake, I feel like they should have kept Koffie as well, he was a good fit there. Can't imagine what they'd look like if we hadn't been forced to gift wrap Laba to them.

Auzzy
02-26-2017, 07:01 PM
I almost forgot about Laba. He must have been happy to be out of wacko Toronto at first, but probably thinks differently about it now.

That being said, this is MLS. Probably Vancouver will go on a tear & surprise everyone.

Detroit_TFC
02-27-2017, 02:15 PM
I'm like 80% sure Robinson is getting canned this year.

Have to agree. Seems like too many chefs in the kitchen there, and he will be the scapegoat.

Areathrasher
02-28-2017, 10:22 AM
Danny Lovitiz to the Impact

GerMc
02-28-2017, 11:24 AM
Nice to see Danny land somewhere, though too bad it had to be the Impact :-)

Ben - D.O.W.
02-28-2017, 12:01 PM
Nice to see Danny land somewhere, though too bad it had to be the Impact :-)

They listed him as a defender - if they want to put him back there I'm okay with that.

Yohan
02-28-2017, 07:06 PM
Watch Lovitz torch TFC somehow... I still remember Dan Gargan scoring on us when he played for Chicago. Dan Freaking Gargan

sidvan
03-01-2017, 06:20 PM
Timbers wave Jack McInerney

http://www.timbers.com/post/2017/03/01/portland-timbers-waive-forward-jack-mcinerney

ensco
03-02-2017, 08:42 PM
Terry to the Galaxy? Who knows, maybe it's true. Although I don't see how Terry helps sell tickets.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2988226/john-terry-chelsea-transfer-mls-la-galaxy-latest/?CMP=Spklr-_-Editorial-_-TheSunFootball-_-Football-_-TwImageandlink-_-Statement-_-TWITTER

DOMIN8R
03-08-2017, 07:32 PM
Zlatan Ibrahimovic offered LA Galaxy move to become highest-paid player in MLS history (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/03/08/zlatan-ibrahimovic-offered-la-galaxy-move-become-highest-paid/)

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has been offered the chance of a mega million pound move to LA Galaxy and end his spell at Manchester United after one season.

Bobo
03-08-2017, 11:38 PM
Timbers wave Jack McInerney

http://www.timbers.com/post/2017/03/01/portland-timbers-waive-forward-jack-mcinerney

Not a flashy player but I rate McInerney as a useful MLS forward. For a 24-year-old, it feels like the guy has been around forever.

molenshtain
03-09-2017, 07:44 PM
Galaxy will spend big on their third DP this summer. They know they need a big name coming in to take some of the shine off LAFC coming in next year. I'm betting both Chicarito and Ibra are in LA by the summer of 2018, not sure who goes where though.

fergiejr
03-10-2017, 08:21 AM
Watch Lovitz torch TFC somehow... I still remember Dan Gargan scoring on us when he played for Chicago. Dan Freaking Gargan

Our ex players have often been our downfall - ala Stefan Frei.

ensco
03-16-2017, 01:00 AM
Dallas is paying out a share of their transfer fee received on the Castillo deal (and all future sales) to SSHs... but wait until you read what the amount is!...

http://www.totalmls.net/blog/2017/3/8/fc-dallas-to-pay-back-season-ticket-members

jloome
03-16-2017, 06:44 PM
Dallas is paying out a share of their transfer fee received on the Castillo deal (and all future sales) to SSHs... but wait until you read what the amount is!...

http://www.totalmls.net/blog/2017/3/8/fc-dallas-to-pay-back-season-ticket-members

I'd call it a token amount but I think tokens actually cost more than that these days...

charlieocc
03-20-2017, 11:17 PM
So uh... Schweinsteiger huh?
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/soccer/ct-bastian-schweinsteiger-chicago-fire-20170321-story.html

molenshtain
03-21-2017, 12:46 AM
So uh... Schweinsteiger huh?
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/soccer/ct-bastian-schweinsteiger-chicago-fire-20170321-story.html

Only way I could see this making any on-field sense is if they're planning on lining up similar to how the impact do. bunkering with three dm's and hoping to spray balls out to the wings. I think that could work honestly.

If not, this move is a colossal mistake.

OgtheDim
03-21-2017, 07:06 AM
Well that's one less team to worry about in the East.

burlington Red
03-21-2017, 07:40 AM
Class player but very early into his career at Utd it was very clear he was done. Not an old player but a bit like Rooney in that sense, their bodies just don't have it anymore, injuries, wear and tear etc.One of the best mids of his generation no doubt, but finished now and I was hoping the league was moving away from these types of deals. His passing is still crisp, maybe have him as the deepest lying mid with a box to box and an attacking mid in a 3. I don't know if Chicago even have those types of players. His injury problems would be a big concern for me.

Detroit_TFC
03-21-2017, 08:59 AM
He is 32, which is not exactly elderly, but with his injury history I doubt he plays more than 5 games in a row. Seems like they are purchasing Schweini's considerable reputation and a minor PR bump, and that makes it an old style DP signing. Slight improvement on past deals in that it's a one year deal so at least they aren't tied to a humongous contract. He might provide some leadership but that's dependent on his commitment. I dunno, the odds are not good for this working to Chicago's advantage.

Blindside16
03-22-2017, 12:02 AM
Had this been 5 years ago the Schweinsteiger transfer would have terrified me. Now not so much. I'm sure he would still be a threat on free kicks but other than that no worries there.

ensco
03-22-2017, 06:51 AM
I think Schweinsteiger can probably still play in this league. He isn't 36. Mourinho has reflexively tormented a stud player upon arrival at every stop, just to show who is boss, it's part of his gameplan.

The rush to judgment about how dumb this is, here and elsewhere, surprises me.

If I had to bet, I'd bet that Schweinie has a great year, and goes back to a big club in the January window.

OgtheDim
03-22-2017, 06:54 AM
A good read by Will Parchman on what the discussion of the Schweinsteiger trade says about people discussing North American soccer and what tactically this does to Chicago.

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/the91stminute/2017/03/what-on-earth-are-the-chicago-fire-going-to-do-with-bastian-schweinsteiger/

ensco
03-22-2017, 07:10 AM
^That feels to me like an overheated way of saying: Pirlo isn't great, so it doesn't work anymore. Which is why I pointed out that Schweinsteiger isn't 36.

Also the elaborate agonies re formations always drives me nuts. Play your best XI. He's in the middle there, somewhere.

Fort York Redcoat
03-22-2017, 07:23 AM
World Class player on decline still worthy of DP status. Popularity vs present quality of player is now the norm when one of his level comes to MLS.

There will be minds lost over it. None here I would hope.

It's good for the league. Glad we got a player on the rise and less famous.

ensco
03-22-2017, 07:34 AM
I am only engaged because I don't like what Mourinho did to Schweinsteiger (or Casillas, or Ramos, or de Bruyne, or a dozen others).

I feel that these players unfairly wind up with a taint for no legit reason, and only because the media let Mourinho get away with it, because they like the headlines. Sort of a Trump effect, in sports.

I also think it's easy in matters like this to bet against the crowd! Not making the first team at Manchester United is not evidence that you've lost it.

OgtheDim
03-22-2017, 07:49 AM

Also the elaborate agonies re formations always drives me nuts. Play your best XI. He's in the middle there, somewhere.

Doesn't work like that in a cap based league; to spend that much cap space & TAM on 3 DM's makes no sense.

ag futbol
03-22-2017, 08:36 AM
^ so, you'd agree with the authors assertions? I kind of feel like he piggonholes a bunch of guys on the fire's roster and Schweinsteiger in the interest of suiting his argument.

I think he's also jumped the gun on "it's not 2009, MLS is good now!" shit. There are still many older players who can contribute here. Heck, if a crocked, half-chubby, party boy Ronaldinho can rediscover this magic in his 30s playing for Mineiro in Brazil, having someone who is far more professional come in to MLS and make an impact isn't at all a stretch.

Areathrasher
03-22-2017, 08:48 AM
He was on the decline under LVG. A big part of Mourhino's treatment of him is due to his attitude in LVGs last season. While injured he was following his missus around the tennis tour instead of working on his recovery. Which supposedly pissed off a lot of the dressing room.

A section of United fans call him Fat Basti....

Buyer beware

And he aint gonna be going back to any bigger clubs in January either.

"MUFC will be my last club in Europe," he wrote in a statement posted via his official Twitter account. "I respect other clubs, but Manchester United was the only one which could make me leave Bayern Munich"

SoccMan2
03-22-2017, 10:54 AM
So they sign Alseth, however, it looks like he had given up on a soccer career by securing a job at a bank back home in Norway. Therefore, if TFC had not drafted him he would have been done with trying to become a pro soccer player, I find this strange. Why did he not try making it in Norway they have a decent soccer league over there. I mean we have had Canadian kids who have left Canada and have played in Norway even in Norway's lower leagues, meanwhile this guy who played his youth soccer for one of Norway's top teams in their academy was now back in Norway and was giving up on a soccer career and not trying his luck with the many Norwegian pro teams. However, TFC calls and he is now back in soccer, I find this strange, or is it that he was not good enough to make any Norwegian pro teams? ( just realized I put this in the wrong thread)

Auzzy
03-22-2017, 02:27 PM
So they sign Alseth, however, it looks like he had given up on a soccer career by securing a job at a bank back home in Norway. Therefore, if TFC had not drafted him he would have been done with trying to become a pro soccer player, I find this strange. Why did he not try making it in Norway they have a decent soccer league over there. I mean we have had Canadian kids who have left Canada and have played in Norway even in Norway's lower leagues, meanwhile this guy who played his youth soccer for one of Norway's top teams in their academy was now back in Norway and was giving up on a soccer career and not trying his luck with the many Norwegian pro teams. However, TFC calls and he is now back in soccer, I find this strange, or is it that he was not good enough to make any Norwegian pro teams? ( just realized I put this in the wrong thread)

I don't know much about the Norwegian system, but I bet it's similar to many other European & other footy-mad countries. Most players have to decide fairly early if they will try to go the pro route, continuing through the youth development system, and most probably not going to university or other professional training. If the pro footy route fails (as it does for the majority trying to find their way through), then they probably are behind a few years in terms of a normal professional career route. Maybe they're starting university late; or they first have to upgrade their school diploma to even have a chance at university; or they're starting an apprenticeship or other training & career later than most.

Alseth tried a different route, via a US college. From the blurbs it seems he did pretty well in collegiate soccer except in his senior year; he got his finance degree; but dropped down the draft order partly due to a bad last year. At that low draft position, MLS pro contracts are very rare. So after waiting a half year after his college graduation, he did the smart thing and got a banking job back home. After spending more than 4 years in the US, and the frequent low opinions of Europeans towards NCAA & MLS, I think his visibility and chances for pro footy in Norway would be pretty low, compared with other players who hung around. Who knows, maybe he planned to try out at least with Norwegian semi-pro teams once he had his banking job. But if he wasn't offered a contract there that he liked right after coming out of the prestigious Rosenborg BK system, why should somebody necessarily offer him a good contract now?

ensco
03-23-2017, 08:28 AM
^I like the Alseth story. I can't spell his name, but I have decided he is our own Norwegian Jamie Vardy.

You know the joke about the difference between the economist and the businessman? The businessman and the economist are walking to lunch, and on the way, the businessman looks down and exclaims "hey, that's a 20 dollar bill on the sidewalk!" The economist says "It can't be. Somebody would have come along and picked it up already"

DOMIN8R
03-27-2017, 02:55 PM
The Sun only hits on a few of the many transfer rumors it tosses around, but this one bears a second look for fans of Everton, MLS, and Canada.

Everton is already eyeing replacements for Romelu Lukaku, according to the report, and is hunting for a bargain in Canadian national teamer Cyle Larin.

Larin, 21, was the first overall pick in the 2015 MLS SuperDraft by Orlando City SC after an electric career at UConn.

He’s since scored 35 goals in 63 matches for the Lions, picking up three in his first two matches of the 2017 season. The 6-foot-1 Ontario native has five goals for Canada in 19 caps.

The Sun says Larin would cost close to $4 million, a fraction of what the Toffees will get if they sell Lukaku.

http://soccer.nbcsports.com/2017/03/27/report-everton-linked-with-4-million-swoop-for-canadas-larin/

OgtheDim
03-27-2017, 03:04 PM
Any fan of Everton who is looking at the Sun for transfer rumours does not live in Liverpool.

ag futbol
03-27-2017, 10:33 PM
Something tells me at the pace he's going Larin won't be much of a bargain (as much as most MLS strikers who transferred have done SFA in Europe).

$4 million sounds too cheap considering the interest he's generating.

molenshtain
03-28-2017, 09:07 PM
stretching to put it in this thread but I figure it's noteworthy enough - Drogba has turned down Corinthians to go play in the USL for Phoenix Rising (that's still a shit name). He joins Shaun Wright-Philips there as the marquee signings for the upstart club.

Being that the greater Phoenix area is the worst metropolitan space in the western world, I'd give a shit ton of money to sit on the pitch they gave to Drogba.

​"You've spent your entire professional career in world class cities, Didier; Marseille, London, Istanbul, Canadian Vegas. How would you feel about switching it up and playing in a place where you constantly have pool of sweat in your underwear that resembles the Marianas Trench, and wherever you go to eat there's a strapped up border militia yelling at the waiters about the Mexican food not being as good as it is at Chipotle. Does that sound like something that might interest you?"

OgtheDim
03-28-2017, 10:10 PM
Soooooo Glad TFCII is out of there - Delgado would probably have gotten a 3 game ban after kicking Drogba in the nuts

Red CB Toronto
03-28-2017, 10:21 PM
stretching to put it in this thread but I figure it's noteworthy enough - Drogba has turned down Corinthians to go play in the USL for Phoenix Rising (that's still a shit name). He joins Shaun Wright-Philips there as the marquee signings for the upstart club.

Being that the greater Phoenix area is the worst metropolitan space in the western world, I'd give a shit ton of money to sit on the pitch they gave to Drogba.

​"You've spent your entire professional career in world class cities, Didier; Marseille, London, Istanbul, Canadian Vegas. How would you feel about switching it up and playing in a place where you constantly have pool of sweat in your underwear that resembles the Marianas Trench, and wherever you go to eat there's a strapped up border militia yelling at the waiters about the Mexican food not being as good as it is at Chipotle. Does that sound like something that might interest you?"

On a three year contract none the less.

Ben - D.O.W.
03-29-2017, 10:56 AM
I'm not sure if it's a transfer per se - but Bradley Wright-Phillips just signed a multi year extension making him a DP for the Red Bulls.

Detroit_TFC
03-30-2017, 03:14 PM
Tchani and $300K GarberBux to Vancouver for Kekuta Manneh. Dafuq...

Canary10
03-30-2017, 03:19 PM

I guess Vancouver finally gave up on him? All those "top" forwards they drafted and they really have no one left. Turning into a bit of a shit show in Vancouver.

molenshtain
03-30-2017, 03:22 PM

Manneh also in last year of contract. if Crew resign him, Caps get their first rounder next year.

I suppose the crew won this trade, but I'm not sure either team is even marginally better with this trade.

Areathrasher
03-30-2017, 03:24 PM
I get this trade from the Caps POV but that's a heavy price the Crew paid when they already have decent wingers...

notthesun
03-30-2017, 03:28 PM
That's a pretty big move. I've been critical of the Whitecaps lately. My first impression is the trade seems pretty fair to me on paper. Manneh for 300k in allocation, plus a 1st round draft pick if Columbus re-signs him, or a cut of a transfer fee if he's sold. I think that's a reasonable return for a talented but very inconsistent player. It probably looks a little better from Columbus' point of view since they weren't using Tchani, but still pretty fair overall I think.

I think the trade makes sense for Vancouver given their glut of wingers and lack of central mids, but I'm not sure how much better it will actually make them. Their biggest problem continues to be a lack of consistent offensive threats. I have my doubts Manneh will ever become the player people thought he might be, so I don't think this trade will blow up in Vancouver's face, but they'll need more than this to make the playoffs in the West.

OgtheDim
03-30-2017, 03:30 PM
Biggest takeaway for me is Atiba is going to end his career in Turkey or Montreal.

Detroit_TFC
03-30-2017, 03:38 PM
I get this trade from the Caps POV but that's a heavy price the Crew paid when they already have decent wingers...

Yeah, questionable from Crew side of things was my first impression.

reggie
03-30-2017, 04:06 PM
Biggest takeaway for me is Atiba is going to end his career in Turkey or Montreal.
jus wondering..why do you say montreal?

molenshtain
03-30-2017, 04:09 PM
jus wondering..why do you say montreal?

There's rumours he's been looking to come back to Canada. Vancouver and us are both out now due to both our midfields being full. MTL is the only team who could and would go out and get him.

reggie
03-30-2017, 04:37 PM
i love atiba..but i wouldnt give a 34 yr old dp status or more then a mil a year,the rumour i heard was that van was interested in arfield on the next window.

OgtheDim
03-30-2017, 04:42 PM
There is the option of Atiba to replace Cheyrou next season as veteran old dude with midfield bite but I don't know if Atiba will go for that.

Onyx
03-30-2017, 05:22 PM

manneh is not a winger ... that why vancouver wants to get rid of him, he can't play defence. Their shape 4-2-3-1, so no spot for him. You want athletic two-way players as wingers. He's a true forward with pace.

At MLS level, Manneh is a good fit as first player off your bench when your down because of his pace. But thats it.

Areathrasher
03-30-2017, 06:13 PM
manneh is not a winger ... that why vancouver wants to get rid of him, he can't play defence. Their shape 4-2-3-1, so no spot for him. You want athletic two-way players as wingers. He's a true forward with pace.

At MLS level, Manneh is a good fit as first player off your bench when your down because of his pace. But thats it.

The Crew also play a 4-2-3-1.

OgtheDim
03-30-2017, 07:06 PM
We play Crew in two weeks.

ag futbol
03-30-2017, 07:41 PM
I think whatever the whitecaps are trying to do right now system wise is broken. It's great they feature Davies but someone else needs to be in there as a significant offensive contributor from midfield.

they need to clean house up top. The players themselves are partially salvageable. Not the worst roster in the league but not the best.

Auzzy
03-30-2017, 09:15 PM
I remember not so long ago most of us thought TFC will be shite forever, and Vancouver was gold...

mistercorporate
03-30-2017, 11:07 PM
I remember not so long ago most of us thought TFC will be shite forever, and Vancouver was gold...

That's the beautiful thing about MLS, it's always improving, you stagnate...you die. TFC has evolved, but we can't rest on our laurels. Case in point: VWFC.

Areathrasher
03-31-2017, 01:00 PM
https://twitter.com/jeffrueter/status/847866763853385730

Canary10
03-31-2017, 01:07 PM
https://twitter.com/jeffrueter/status/847866763853385730

Decent players, but is this really what accounts for a "blockbuster" in MLS?

Areathrasher
03-31-2017, 01:10 PM
If I was a local beat writer breaking a trade i'd probably call it a blockbuster too :lol:

OgtheDim
03-31-2017, 01:14 PM
To be fair to the Loons, Cronin is a big upgrade on Saied and the sort of guy to say to his teammates "we are not going to do that shit again on my watch". The Loons will be scored on less per game. He's the sort of guy they should have got back in December.

Canary10
03-31-2017, 01:19 PM
To be fair to the Loons, Cronin is a big upgrade on Saied and the sort of guy to say to his teammates "we are not going to do that shit again on my watch". The Loons will be scored on less per game. He's the sort of guy they should have got back in December.

Lol. Less than 5 a game you think?

Yohan
03-31-2017, 01:42 PM
Well, Minnesota has this guy named Demidov who's worse than Nick Garcia or Marco Reda at CB. Taking that guy off might improve their loss to 3-1 to 5-1 per game

Fort York Redcoat
06-19-2017, 01:44 PM
Atiba Hutchinson to Whitecaps rumour is full throttle.

Sigh.

I mean, their situation is most bizarre from our POV. They have Tchani where they would put Hutch. If we didn't have Bradley of course I'd want him to come home but damn. Vancouver and Canada players...

OgtheDim
07-23-2017, 01:16 PM
https://twitter.com/TaylorTwellman/status/889179356345634817

Doubt it would be a straight swap for Larin.

molenshtain
07-23-2017, 01:33 PM
Larin is way to lazy to play Vermes game, so I doubt that's it.

some combination of GAM and TAM probably. I'm surprised SKC are taking offers. would have thought they would have wanted to keep their core together for one last shot at the cup.

Areathrasher
07-23-2017, 02:11 PM
Larin is way to lazy to play Vermes game, so I doubt that's it.

some combination of GAM and TAM probably. I'm surprised SKC are taking offers. would have thought they would have wanted to keep their core together for one last shot at the cup.
Dwyer's contract is up the end of the year and he's turned down a few offers from SKC...

molenshtain
07-23-2017, 02:18 PM
Dwyer's contract is up the end of the year and he's turned down a few offers from SKC...

ah, sort of makes sense then.

molenshtain
07-25-2017, 01:02 PM
Dwyer deal done. 1.6 million in total allocation going the other way.

Canary10
07-25-2017, 01:11 PM
Dwyer deal done. 1.6 million in total allocation going the other way.Wow that's a lot of allocation.

OgtheDim
07-25-2017, 07:21 PM
There is a lot of "future" Garber bucks involved. Larin to be traded soon?

OgtheDim
07-25-2017, 07:49 PM
And in other news

https://twitter.com/GoalUSA/status/890005277965258752

Initial B
07-26-2017, 06:47 AM
Wow, the amount of cash being thrown around this window makes me think that there's money to be had in this league. I just hope it doesn't suddenly come crashing down like NASL did.

OgtheDim
07-26-2017, 07:29 AM
What's interesting in all that is a little tidbit suggesting LAG only has the money to spend because of the cash infusion of the Chargers renting Stub Hub. One thing that can be said about MLSE, no problem finding money to buy a player. Now...balancing that with a TFC revenue stream? That's another matter.

Detroit_TFC
07-26-2017, 11:24 AM
Seems that Vermes built in some novel mutli-year components to the transfer deal that breaks some new ground in terms of terms, so to say.

As we know, new ground is broken only when the MLS world HQ allows it to be. Especially regarding player valuations and any kind of internal market.

Yohan
08-03-2017, 12:07 PM
https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/08/03/montreal-impact-acquire-canadian-international-midfielder-samuel-piette

Piette to IMFC official

Defoe
08-04-2017, 05:31 AM
The sounders add two huge pieces to there run.

Derlis Gonzalez, 21.
Victor Rodriguez, 28.

Two TAM level players.

Derlis is compared to Almiron. A young, very skilled 23 year old. Rodriguez moving over in his prime from La Liga.

They now feature

Dempsey, Morris, Valdez, Derlis, Loderio, Rodriguez, Alonso

MLS is really doing a good job of getting high quality players throughout the roster. Long gone are the days of Brazilian Jackson's getting opportunities. You legitimately have to good to get a shot in this league.

OgtheDim
08-04-2017, 06:30 AM
Dempsey's last season methinks.

TheGoodson
08-04-2017, 07:25 AM
Dempsey's last season methinks.

I doubt it, I think he is going to hang on for one more year so he can go to the world cup and be the super sub of the bench for the US

ensco
08-04-2017, 08:38 AM
I think Dempsey leaves Seattle for Dallas at end of 2017, there was a lot of chatter about that in 2016. He should finish out there.

notthesun
08-04-2017, 08:58 AM
Derlis Gonzalez transfer isn't official yet, no?

Areathrasher
08-04-2017, 10:21 AM
No way is Derlis Gonzalez a TAM level player. His transfer fee will be too much.

They would buy down Alonso and Derlis would be a DP.

C.Ronaldo
08-04-2017, 10:35 AM
The sounders add two huge pieces to there run.

Derlis Gonzalez, 21.
Victor Rodriguez, 28.

Two TAM level players.

Derlis is compared to Almiron. A young, very skilled 23 year old. Rodriguez moving over in his prime from La Liga.

They now feature

Dempsey, Morris, Valdez, Derlis, Loderio, Rodriguez, Alonso

MLS is really doing a good job of getting high quality players throughout the roster. Long gone are the days of Brazilian Jackson's getting opportunities. You legitimately have to good to get a shot in this league.

vancouver will need to step up its game, and quickly

notthesun
08-09-2017, 10:42 AM
https://twitter.com/samstejskal/status/895297479335456768

Detroit_TFC
08-10-2017, 06:43 PM
Chicago has picked up a GK, picking up Richard Sanchez, homegrown player out of FCD but was at Tigres (on loan to Ascenso MX 2nd div team Tampico Madero).

Areathrasher
08-14-2017, 08:45 AM
Looks like Laba is back off to Argentina - we still have a sell on clause yea?

https://twitter.com/CLMerlo/status/897084686597599232

OgtheDim
08-14-2017, 09:52 AM
He got his knee injured - looked a bit more then minor at the time.

Areathrasher
08-14-2017, 09:55 AM
He got his knee injured - looked a bit more then minor at the time.

Per reports in Argentina
https://twitter.com/GlassCityFC/status/897094332871606272

Yohan
08-14-2017, 10:48 AM
Per reports in Argentina
https://twitter.com/GlassCityFC/status/897094332871606272

http://www.tycsports.com/futbol/racing-quiere-llevarse-matias-laba

https://www.ole.com.ar/racing/laba-pone-broche_0_1850814902.html

trane
09-11-2017, 04:54 PM
Alberto Gilardino is flying in to speak to the Impact.

He is 35, and I have not seen him play in a while. But he has the IQ and finishing of a top striker, physically he is not what he used to be.

Oldtimer
10-11-2017, 07:18 PM
Kaka not coming back.

https://www.thescore.com/news/1395770/amp

OgtheDim
10-12-2017, 05:09 AM
Up until now, Orlando has been called a big spender because they spent money on Kaka. Let's see what they do in the off season. I expect Larin to go, Dwyer to become a DP & an attempt to copy Atlanta in the DP they bring in.

BenRhodes23
10-29-2017, 10:36 AM
Javier Mascherano to MLS? Not sure which team would sign him but MLS thinks he's coming. I imagine he'll go to LA Galaxy or even NYCFC or Orlando now that they have free DP spots

Yohan
10-29-2017, 01:15 PM
Javier Mascherano to MLS? Not sure which team would sign him but MLS thinks he's coming. I imagine he'll go to LA Galaxy or even NYCFC or Orlando now that they have free DP spots
LAG don't have a DP spot available, unless they punt one of their current 3. LAFC though...

I'd imagine Mascherano would play as a DM vs CB. Well, until his legs gives up anyways

ensco
10-29-2017, 02:12 PM
The bigger difference maker on the “potential DP coming to MLS” market is Peralta.

BenRhodes23
10-29-2017, 03:54 PM
LAG don't have a DP spot available, unless they punt one of their current 3. LAFC though...

I'd imagine Mascherano would play as a DM vs CB. Well, until his legs gives up anyways

Galaxy because they're a top market, NYCFC/Orlando because they've got DP spots. NYCFC might get Yaya Toure but Orlando would be interesting. LAFC seems like a good spot for him

reggie
12-10-2017, 12:17 PM
moves a plenty already.kei to Van and zimmerman to the new LA

BenRhodes23
12-10-2017, 12:38 PM
Kamara to the Whitecaps: http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/12/10/vancouver-whitecaps-acquire-kei-kamara-new-england-revolution

Carter
12-10-2017, 12:52 PM
Kamara to the Whitecaps: http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/12/10/vancouver-whitecaps-acquire-kei-kamara-new-england-revolution
See post directly above yours.
https://www.mlssoccer.com/transactions/2018/trade-tracker

notthesun
12-10-2017, 01:15 PM
Arturo Alvarez from CHI to HOU and D.C. acquires negotiation rights for Darren Mattocks from POR.

edit: D.C. has signed Mattocks.

wynne
12-11-2017, 06:16 PM
Atlanta keeps adding, getting Darlington Nagbe from Portland for loads of cash.

Portland will reportedly receive $750,000 in general allocation money, $300,000 in targeted allocation money, and an additional $500,000-$600,000 in incentive-based compensation.

#ATLUTD will also receive defender Gbenga Arokoyo.

BenRhodes23
12-11-2017, 06:45 PM
Atlanta keeps adding, getting Darlington Nagbe from Portland for loads of cash.

Portland will reportedly receive $750,000 in general allocation money, $300,000 in targeted allocation money, and an additional $500,000-$600,000 in incentive-based compensation.

#ATLUTD will also receive defender Gbenga Arokoyo.

Can't say I expected this one. Great pick up for ATL UTD

Gringo Starr
12-11-2017, 08:06 PM
Atlanta winning the off season

We will win when it matters though...

portu
12-11-2017, 10:04 PM
Swedish right back Tinnerholm moving to NYCFC supposedly.. Would have been perfect upgrade at fullback for us

Hamilton_Red
12-12-2017, 01:23 AM
Atlanta winning the off season

We will win when it matters though...

Their off-season...ours starts tomorrow!

ensco
12-12-2017, 07:20 PM
Whoa! Klejstan to LAFC....

https://www.metro.us/sports/source-sacha-kljestan-likely-to-be-traded-to-los-angeles-football-club

sn0re
12-12-2017, 07:26 PM
Whoa! Klejstan to LAFC....

https://www.metro.us/sports/source-sacha-kljestan-likely-to-be-traded-to-los-angeles-football-club

Damn, this off-season is gunna get juicy. You also gotta feel for Ciman, who went to Montreal so he can get treatment for his daughter.

Mr. Bigby
12-12-2017, 07:44 PM
Damn, this off-season is gunna get juicy. You also gotta feel for Ciman, who went to Montreal so he can get treatment for his daughter.

It appears that Ciman is NOT happy with the move, and Montreal is being roasted on Twitter for making the trade without any warning to Ciman at all! I feel sorry for Edwards - it looks like the Impact have little regard for the interests of their players, nor do they live up to their promises. Ciman was lured to Montreal based on a world class french speaking centre for the treatment of autism. I'm sure that L.A. has resources, but not in french.

oldtraffordPEI
12-12-2017, 10:28 PM
It appears that Ciman is NOT happy with the move, and Montreal is being roasted on Twitter for making the trade without any warning to Ciman at all! I feel sorry for Edwards - it looks like the Impact have little regard for the interests of their players, nor do they live up to their promises. Ciman was lured to Montreal based on a world class french speaking centre for the treatment of autism. I'm sure that L.A. has resources, but not in french.

I feel bad for the guy. Classless move by Montreal. I fucking hate them even more now.

Ajax TFC
12-13-2017, 12:13 PM
https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/12/13/garde-braz-explain-montreal-impacts-decision-trade-laurent-ciman

Montreal manager's justification for trading Ciman. Basically the same situation we've seen here many times in the past with constant manager turnover. Team makes promises to players to draw them here, then new manager comes in and says it's not his responsibility to fulfill promises the previous regime made to a player.

BenRhodes23
12-13-2017, 01:23 PM
Nagbe to ATL deal is complete. $1.65 million in allocation money and an international roster slot to Portland.

I also heard Chinese clubs wanted Adi. I wonder if Portland is going to rebuild around whoever their new manager will be?

Auzzy
12-13-2017, 02:59 PM
https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/12/13/garde-braz-explain-montreal-impacts-decision-trade-laurent-ciman

Montreal manager's justification for trading Ciman. Basically the same situation we've seen here many times in the past with constant manager turnover. Team makes promises to players to draw them here, then new manager comes in and says it's not his responsibility to fulfill promises the previous regime made to a player.

Wow that'a a pretty awful translation, I wonder if it's from Google Translate. Doesn't the league have a representative or journalist in Quebec who could do a better job?

OgtheDim
12-15-2017, 07:00 AM
I'm guessing Montreal is going to be going with 3 at the back.

&

Savarese at Portland is an upgrade from Porter. Portland took games off before - not with this manager.

BenRhodes23
12-18-2017, 04:57 PM
San Jose on the verge of signing the top scorer in the Swedish league Magnus Eriksson

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/12/18/report-san-jose-verge-signing-swedish-striker-magnus-eriksson

Blindside16
12-19-2017, 12:58 AM
Bingham switches sides in the Cali clasico. I honestly think that is a downgrade for LA since they shipped Rowe to Vancouver.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/12/18/la-galaxy-acquire-rights-david-bingham-san-jose-earthquakes

nonc
12-20-2017, 11:14 AM
I didn't expect Larin to go to a club as big as Besiktas but that is good for Canadian soccer. Thought Leeds really wanted him.

notthesun
12-20-2017, 05:53 PM
https://twitter.com/4totera/status/943613524030427137

TFC07
12-23-2017, 10:32 AM
https://twitter.com/4totera/status/943613524030427137

He's going to Vancouver

Source: https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/12/22/vancouver-whitecaps-add-doneil-henry-allocation-order

nonc
12-23-2017, 11:39 AM
West Ham have gone to shit anyway, might be better for his career to be back in MLS.

BenRhodes23
12-23-2017, 03:45 PM
Impact LB Oyongo to Montpellier

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/former-impact-left-back-oyongo-signs-montpellier-ligue-1/

Greatest Ripoff
12-24-2017, 06:26 AM
West Ham have gone to shit anyway, might be better for his career to be back in MLS.

West Ham are shit but the one match he played with them, he looked well below the level. He was putting in really good performances at the championship level so I am hoping he can stay healthy.