PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Will Johnson

Fort York Redcoat
12-24-2016, 02:22 PM
Captain Canada needs a Thank You thread.

Thanks Will for coming home and winning the Vcup. I wish you could've stayed longer but wish you luck (except against us of course) with maximum minutes with teammate and countryman Larin.

Jpexxx
12-24-2016, 03:02 PM
I loved what Will brought to the table.
It's unfortunate he was unwilling to stick around. There will be lots of minutes to be had with 3 Competitions this season.

OgtheDim
12-24-2016, 04:04 PM
http://wpmedia.theprovince.com/2016/06/david-ousted-will-johnson1.jpeg?quality=60&strip=all&w=840&h=630&crop=1

MightyDM
12-24-2016, 04:28 PM
http://wpmedia.theprovince.com/2016/06/david-ousted-will-johnson1.jpeg?quality=60&strip=all&w=840&h=630&crop=1
What. A. Photo.

jloome
12-24-2016, 04:32 PM
What. A. Photo.
What.
A.
Moment.

Initial B
12-24-2016, 04:41 PM
Nobody can deny that he gave his all whenever called upon. That goal at the death to clinch us the championship will always remain in my memory as THE highlight of his time spent here. Thanks Will!

Hamilton_Red
12-24-2016, 06:02 PM
What.
A.
Moment.

What. A. Photo.

Really dissapointed that we have let him go. A midfield with him and Osorio playing togther has been brilliant for Canada. Johnson has made 3 MlS Cup Finals - he is a winner. The team needs character that he brings. We need to look after our top Canadian and players. No US team would have let their top US National team players go like that. I am disappointed how many TFC fans are ambivalent about him. They seem think that Cooper is a better option. He is good..but not the character that Johnson is. He doesn't score goals. Is it final that he is gone.

mistercorporate
12-24-2016, 08:01 PM
http://cdn.movieweb.com/img.news/NEE7iUe0kc2mGM_1_1.jpg

RealG-TFC
12-24-2016, 08:49 PM
As much as it sucks to have him go, getting regular minutes and playing alongside Larin might quite beneficial to the national team.

Carter
12-24-2016, 09:58 PM
Will, going to miss you man. Thanks for everything! Forever Red!

Auzzy
12-25-2016, 01:02 AM
Thanks Will! He gave his all. Amazing recovery from the brutal injury he suffered while winning the Cdn championship for us.

Gringo Starr
12-26-2016, 01:18 AM
Thank you Will for one of the greatest goals in franchise history. Hope to see you back at BMO with the CMNT.

anyone else tempted to adopt Orlando as a second team? Road trip to Montreal to cheer for Will and Larin but mostly to cheer against the Impact...

ensco
12-26-2016, 08:46 AM
I am glad for him that he will get to play beside Kaka, and I think Orlando will be far more dangerous because Kaka had no help in MF. Johnson is the perfect signing there.

I wish we could keep him.

mistercorporate
12-26-2016, 10:39 AM
I am glad for him that he will get to play beside Kaka, and I think Orlando will be far more dangerous because Kaka had no help in MF. Johnson is the perfect signing there.

I wish we could keep him.

Yes, Johnson and Laryn on the same team still serves the CMNT quite well.

JayMolly
12-26-2016, 11:04 AM
Well so much for going away for the holidays?
We did not hear anything about Johnson signing with another team, until today.
It was as if we received coal in our stockings. Couldn't believe this happened.
A great guy from Toronto, from Canada and from our team.
If it is true, all the best Will . . .

anto7
12-26-2016, 12:17 PM
Well so much for going away for the holidays?
We did not hear anything about Johnson signing with another team, until today.
It was as if we received coal in our stockings. Couldn't believe this happened.
A great guy from Toronto, from Canada and from our team.
If it is true, all the best Will . . .

I think you should replace "we" with "I" lol.
It has been common knowledge for a few days now and was officially announced at least 3 days ago I believe.
I am sad to see him go however I think he perhaps believes more in his ability than the team and no point trying to keep him if he is going to be unhappy with his playing time. I don't think it's a coincidence that he could not get regular playing time with Portland and that they too let him go.

PAOK17
12-26-2016, 04:23 PM
As much as I am sorry to see Johnson go, I think him leaving to an American team is actually a good thing for our national team. In addition to the whole Larin connection it means that an American team wanted a Canadian player, who will count as an international. Meanwhile we can easily replace him with another Canadian. So him leaving opens the door to another Canadian stepping up for us. So in theory a move like this could mean more Canadians in the league, not less.

PopePouri
12-26-2016, 04:27 PM
As much as I am sorry to see Johnson go, I think him leaving to an American team is actually a good thing for our national team. In addition to the whole Larin connection it means that an American team wanted a Canadian player, who will count as an international. Meanwhile we can easily replace him with another Canadian. So him leaving opens the door to another Canadian stepping up for us. So in theory a move like this could mean more Canadians in the league, not less.

I'm sure he's a domestic given how long he's been in the states.

PAOK17
12-26-2016, 04:59 PM
I'm sure he's a domestic given how long he's been in the states.Ah well then there's that...

Alonso
12-26-2016, 07:08 PM
I think you should replace "we" with "I" lol.

JayMolly post as a couple.

Weird, I know, but their you have it.

ag futbol
12-26-2016, 08:19 PM
I'm sure he's a domestic given how long he's been in the states.
He has a full blown US passport.

Fort York Redcoat
12-27-2016, 07:51 AM
Thank you Will for one of the greatest goals in franchise history. Hope to see you back at BMO with the CMNT.

anyone else tempted to adopt Orlando as a second team? Road trip to Montreal to cheer for Will and Larin but mostly to cheer against the Impact...

Naw. I won't be going that far but I'll follow their highlights.