PDA

View Full Version : Toronto FC - DVD Inquiry

tfcfans
12-17-2016, 08:49 PM
Hoping for someone more technologically advanced than I am to help me (and maybe others) out --- I just noticed that Leg 2 of the Montreal Game is being rebroadcast at 3:00AM "tonight" on TSN 2 --- I was really hoping that someone would be able to transfer a recording to a DVD of this game so I could have a more permanent copy of it.....I would happily pay for the time and effort to get this done and mailed out --- I would bet there are many who would be interested in this kind of thing.... I have all the playoff games myself on my PVR and can rewatch that way (and I know there are streams and such - extra data usage!), but eventually the recordings will likely get erased inadvertently by someone in my house and I am still old enough that a "hard copy" is nice to have as a keepsake.... ok I'm old, I get it...:facepalm:...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :scarf:

Thanks!!

lintberg
01-03-2017, 12:05 PM
I too would be interested in finding a way to get a hard copy of this game.

Hoping for someone more technologically advanced than I am to help me (and maybe others) out --- I just noticed that Leg 2 of the Montreal Game is being rebroadcast at 3:00AM "tonight" on TSN 2 --- I was really hoping that someone would be able to transfer a recording to a DVD of this game so I could have a more permanent copy of it.....I would happily pay for the time and effort to get this done and mailed out --- I would bet there are many who would be interested in this kind of thing.... I have all the playoff games myself on my PVR and can rewatch that way (and I know there are streams and such - extra data usage!), but eventually the recordings will likely get erased inadvertently by someone in my house and I am still old enough that a "hard copy" is nice to have as a keepsake.... ok I'm old, I get it...:facepalm:...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :scarf:

Thanks!!

Yohan
01-03-2017, 12:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9gtqWvhuUA
use a youtube video downloader as a wmv or mp4 file and burn it to a cd or dvd

Yohan
01-03-2017, 12:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwSZjK22_GI

Super
01-03-2017, 01:21 PM
That 2nd leg against Montreal is easily the greatest game ever recorded in history. I should know. I've watched it about 20 times by now.

Mateo1985
01-03-2017, 01:43 PM
It's so amazing that that game is still on youtube. Best TFC game every by far.

Joe Kool
01-03-2017, 02:26 PM
Definitely don't rely on PVRs for long term storage. Mine just died a few weeks ago. Wasn't a good plan by me but I decided to take the gamble and lost with some stuff I had taped.

tfcfans
01-03-2017, 11:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9gtqWvhuUA
use a youtube video downloader as a wmv or mp4 file and burn it to a cd or dvd

Thanks Yohan ---

I appreciate the advice but I don't really know how to do what you are describing to me, I'm sure I could piece it together eventually after some frustration on my part or just stream it from youtube accordingly -- I was just hoping that someone more technologically advanced than I am might have made themselves a dvd already from this group and could maybe help me out -- I would happily pay someone for their time and effort accordingly --- my hunch is that others would probably be happy to do the same --- Frankly I wish the team would release a properly done dvd series on this playoff run but my hunch is that as a result of the ultimate ending, it will never happen......no worries.....

Maybe bumping this up will help in my quest....I mean I found a first game seat cushion this year after a 10 year (almost) search so anything is possible......:D

Redcoe15
01-04-2017, 12:53 AM
Which is the best Youtube video downloader to use?

JT Red127
01-04-2017, 09:12 AM
There is a torrent of the 2nd leg on the iDope torrent site, which is a great site btw.

C.Ronaldo
01-04-2017, 09:42 AM
anyone have it on VHS ?

tfcfans
01-04-2017, 10:08 PM
anyone have it on VHS ?

VHS? you mean Beta or Laserdisc right? (smirk).... I feel like I am being trolled here.... ha ha ha ha......

C.Ronaldo
01-05-2017, 09:45 AM
VHS? you mean Beta or Laserdisc right? (smirk).... I feel like I am being trolled here.... ha ha ha ha......

lol physical media brings the trolling out in me

lintberg
01-05-2017, 11:21 AM
Is anyone out there technically savvy enough and willing to burn a few DVD's of the match to sell to other RPB's that have interest (at a resonable cost of course...LOL)?

Alonso
01-09-2017, 05:16 PM

Is anyone out there technically savvy enough and willing to burn a few DVD's of the match to sell to other RPB's that have interest (at a resonable cost of course...LOL)?

I'm downloading it now and will burn it on dvd for you guys.

PM me your address' and I'll mail them out to you.

Alonso
01-09-2017, 05:24 PM
Which is the best Youtube video downloader to use?

YouTube Video Converter and Download - ClipConverter.cc (http://www.clipconverter.cc/)

This is the one that I use.

Redcoe15
01-09-2017, 06:34 PM
YouTube Video Converter and Download - ClipConverter.cc (http://www.clipconverter.cc/)

This is the one that I use.

:thumbsup:Thanks.

tfcfans
01-09-2017, 08:58 PM

YAY!

I always had faith in the basic decency and generosity of my fellow fan....:)

lintberg
01-10-2017, 09:35 AM

Thanks Alonso.....PM sent.....you rock!

Laiping
01-10-2017, 12:08 PM
Wow that's really nice Alonso. Would I be able to get one too? Please and thank you.

OfficeGuy
01-11-2017, 03:53 PM

YES-Could I get one too?

Alonso
01-15-2017, 09:13 PM
Wow that's really nice Alonso. Would I be able to get one too? Please and thank you.

YES-Could I get one too?

Yeah I can get one to you guys to. I should be sending them out next week some time.

tfcfans
01-15-2017, 09:29 PM
Thanks again Alonso!
(PM sent already)

Alonso
01-25-2017, 08:32 PM
TFC DVD of the Montreal 2016 playoff series

Hey everyone.

I've taken this task more seriously than I probably should have.

I've taken the opportunity to pull video, graphics, and audio and compile a really nice DVD.

I am in the process of getting a quote to print a TFC logo onto a DVD that I can then burn the DVD that I authored onto.

The DVD will have the first and second leg, as well as post game features and player interviews.

I also have embedded custom music to the menu screens and will have graphic sleeves printed for the jewel case for the DVD.

I ask that you all send me your email address' so that I can forward you all the digital copies of the graphics that I will include in this project.

It will all cost around $20 each. I am getting a quote from a local printer who will let me know in the next day or two what the actual printing cost will be and I'll also look into the shipping costs.

Please let me know if this is not what you were looking for and would rather opt out. And conversely if you know anyone who would like such a DVD and could get them on board to lower our costs please speak up!

The more people we have in this venture, the lower we can bring costs down.

Regards,
Alonso.

Blindside16
01-26-2017, 01:44 AM
I am absolutely interested. Sending you a PM right now

Ossington Mental Youth
01-26-2017, 03:07 AM
I'd love one please

lintberg
01-26-2017, 09:22 AM
I would love one to please, I have tried to send you a PM but your mailbox is full.
For sure count me in!

Cas87
01-26-2017, 09:50 AM
I would love one to please, I have tried to send you a PM but your mailbox is full.
For sure count me in!

Same here Alonso ...
PMs are full but I would love a DVD

GerMc
01-26-2017, 10:11 AM
I would also be happy to chip in for one...

Mr. Bigby
01-26-2017, 04:23 PM
You need to clear some space on your mailbox, Alonso, but I'm in for whatever it costs.

Redcoe15
01-26-2017, 08:04 PM
I already responded before ala PM. But just to repeat, I would like TWO (2) DVD copies. One for myself, and one to give as a gift to a co-worker who's just as crazy for TFC as I am.

tfcfans
01-26-2017, 10:01 PM
Pm'd you already - obviously interested as I think I started this whole mess.... ha ha ha.....

OfficeGuy
01-27-2017, 11:41 AM
count me in

Alonso
02-04-2017, 12:54 AM
Hi everyone,

So I have an actual DVD made up and all the cover art designed and printed.

I just have to copy and compile all the DVD's, mailing packaging, and package it all for sending out.

I compiled a list of all the interested parties, if I missed anyone please speak up and let me know:

Ossington Mental Youth

OfficeGuy

renda-10

lintberg

Laiping

Blindside16

khso11

tfcfans

Cuppy

Mr. Bigby

Redcoe15 X 2 DVD's

Cas87

GerMc

UpTheReds

UltraFootyFanatic

Redcoe15
02-04-2017, 09:15 AM
How soon until we get our grubby little hands on them? :smile:

UpTheReds
02-05-2017, 01:36 PM
Hi everyone,

I just have to copy and compile all the DVD's, mailing packaging, and package it all for sending out.

I compiled a list of all the interested parties, if I missed anyone please speak up and let me know:

Ossington Mental Youth

OfficeGuy

renda-10

lintberg

Laiping

Blindside16

khso11

tfcfans

Cuppy

Mr. Bigby

Redcoe15 X 2 DVD's

Cas87

GerMc

Please include me!

Alonso
02-05-2017, 04:54 PM
How soon until we get our grubby little hands on them? :smile:

I'm not exactly sure. Long story short... There are more technical issues then I anticipated.

Because I have both legs and about an hour of extra interviews and post game media content on it I had to go with 8.5 GB dual layer DVD's which apparently are notoriously harder to get to burn right. I'm learning as I go and putting in a lot of google research time. This is the first DVD I've composed.

I have burned 4 DVD's so far and only 1 works on my computer and DVD player, and 2 only work on my computer with the fourth not working at all.

Each burn takes me 30 to 45 minutes.

I have about 20 DVD's to make up.

Then I have to cut up the artwork and place it and package and label the DVD for mailing.

Doing it a few hours a day and picking away at it, it's going to be a couple of weeks. They'll slowly start to mail out by the end of this week.

Learning the DVD authoring software (DVD Styler) and the myriad of burning software and it's nuances (Building, ISO, Video-TS, Images, write speeds, Verbatim vs other DVD brands, etc) I went with IMGBurn; has been time consuming as well.

I have to say it looks really good though. The DVD menu looks a little amateurish but the rest looks pretty professional.

I'll email everyone some sneak peeks.

lintberg
02-06-2017, 09:17 AM
Thanks Alonso, I'm very excited about this. Thanks so much for spending the time to put this together for us!

Ossington Mental Youth
02-06-2017, 09:20 AM
Cosign thanks tons for this

Laiping
02-06-2017, 09:24 AM
Thank you again Alonso!

UltraFootyKWC
02-06-2017, 10:50 AM
Hi everyone,

Ossington Mental Youth

OfficeGuy

renda-10

lintberg

Laiping

Blindside16

khso11

tfcfans

Cuppy

Mr. Bigby

Redcoe15 X 2 DVD's

Cas87

GerMc

UpTheReds

Any chance you could add me to the list as well Alonso? Your hard work is much appreciated mate.

Alonso
02-06-2017, 05:44 PM
Any chance you could add me to the list as well Alonso? Your hard work is much appreciated mate.

Yeah no problem Jay.

I've added you.

Alonso
02-06-2017, 06:59 PM
Thanks Alonso, I'm very excited about this. Thanks so much for spending the time to put this together for us!

Cosign thanks tons for this

Thank you again Alonso!

No problem at all guys, I'm kinda of glad tfcfans put me up to this, thanks to tfcfans!

It's turning into a labour of love and I'm liking the results!

It's something we can all enjoy together.

tfcfans
02-07-2017, 07:37 AM
Thanks Alonso!! --- I'm just happy you don't resent me for asking you to go down this (sometimes frustrating and time consuming) road.... ;)

tfcfans
02-21-2017, 03:15 PM
Any updates on the process Alonso? No rush, just curious....

flambe
02-22-2017, 11:28 AM
I have the ability to burn three dvd's at once if that helps.
Feel free to send over the project files and I can burn some too.

Alonso
02-26-2017, 05:41 PM
Any updates on the process Alonso? No rush, just curious....

I have the ability to burn three dvd's at once if that helps.
Feel free to send over the project files and I can burn some too.

Hey guys, sorry for not checking in lately, just been busy.

I have all the DVD's burned, all the art work printed and compiled, just have to package and mail it all out! So for sure, this week, you'll have them in your "grubby little hands" (Redcoe)g:D.

When I mail them out I'll email you all.

Sorry for the wait but it didn't go as smoothly as I expected.

And thanks Flambe for the offer. :drinking:

tfcfans
02-26-2017, 06:07 PM
You Rock Alonso!

Redcoe15
02-26-2017, 07:05 PM
I have all the DVD's burned, all the art work printed and compiled, just have to package and mail it all out! So for sure, this week, you'll have them in your "grubby little hands" (Redcoe)g:D.

YESSSSS!!! :thumbsup:g:D

Thanks Alanzo.

Ossington Mental Youth
02-27-2017, 12:45 AM
Amazing thanks man, lemme know how ya want the cash

Blindside16
02-27-2017, 04:24 AM
Thank you again Alonso. All the time and effort you put into this project is greatly appreciated. :party:

OfficeGuy
02-27-2017, 11:12 AM
Thank you sir !!!

Derko
02-27-2017, 02:53 PM
TFC DVD of the Montreal 2016 playoff series

Hey everyone.

I've taken this task more seriously than I probably should have.

I've taken the opportunity to pull video, graphics, and audio and compile a really nice DVD.

I am in the process of getting a quote to print a TFC logo onto a DVD that I can then burn the DVD that I authored onto.

The DVD will have the first and second leg, as well as post game features and player interviews.

I also have embedded custom music to the menu screens and will have graphic sleeves printed for the jewel case for the DVD.

I ask that you all send me your email address' so that I can forward you all the digital copies of the graphics that I will include in this project.

It will all cost around $20 each. I am getting a quote from a local printer who will let me know in the next day or two what the actual printing cost will be and I'll also look into the shipping costs.

Please let me know if this is not what you were looking for and would rather opt out. And conversely if you know anyone who would like such a DVD and could get them on board to lower our costs please speak up!

The more people we have in this venture, the lower we can bring costs down.

Regards,
Alonso.

Hey Alonso Derko here would like on also.

Cheers

Derko
02-28-2017, 01:21 PM
Hey Alonso Derko here would like on also.

Cheers

Hey Alonso,
Your inbox is full.

Alonso
02-28-2017, 09:15 PM
Hey Alonso,
Your inbox is full.

Yeah sorry about that Derko, I just cleared some space please send me your info as I'm mailing out tomorrow.

lintberg
03-01-2017, 10:12 AM
Thanks Alonso, Let me know when and where to send the cash.
Will you be at Shoeless Joes on Saturday? If so we can exchange DVD for cash then if it's easier.

Cuppy
03-01-2017, 09:24 PM
Thanks Alonso, Let me know when and where to send the cash.
Will you be at Shoeless Joes on Saturday? If so we can exchange DVD for cash then if it's easier. same Here

Ossington Mental Youth
03-06-2017, 02:58 PM
Got mine in the mail. Thanks tons! Can't wait to give it a watch!

UpTheReds
03-06-2017, 04:31 PM
Can't wait to get mine! As mentioned by others, let me know where to send the money!

tfcfans
03-06-2017, 04:38 PM
YAY ALONSO!!! ----

I just got mine and opened it and started watching though all the various chapters and menus.....AWESOME!!

I have sent you an EMT already (as per your email request to the group) --- it is my absolute pleasure to do so --- I have a feeling others will want a copy of this once they see how great it is.....if I was at all a small push in getting you to undertake this task then I am grateful for having nudged you in this direction.....and to think all of this started from some people making fun of me as a technological dinosaur and wanting some type of "permanent memento" :rolleyes:......

Thanks again Alonso; the number of truly awesome people I have met and dealt with throughout my 10+ years with this group never ceases to amaze me!!

COYR!! :scarf:

Redcoe15
03-06-2017, 05:05 PM
Thanks Alonzo. Just got mine in the mail today. I just have to take a look at them and will send you the EMT, ASAP.

Cuppy
03-06-2017, 10:00 PM
EMT has been sent. Absolutely incredible work and with the extras it's icing on the cake. Cheers to all you have done and COYR

UpTheReds
03-07-2017, 12:01 AM
Sorry guys, guess I'm missing the EMT email. Can someone please post it again so I can pay Alonso? Thanks!

Alonso
03-07-2017, 12:06 AM
Sorry guys, guess I'm missing the EMT email. Can someone please post it again so I can pay Alonso? Thanks!

I haven't mailed out yours or Derko's yet as I didn't get the mailing address' from you guys before I mailed out the first shipment, I'll mail them out this week and send you the email when I do.

I have two left over if anyone else out there wants one. First come first serve on the last two....

Blindside16
03-07-2017, 01:14 AM
After reading the positive feedback I can't wait until mine arrives. Fingers crossed that tomorrow is Christmas in March for me.

Cuppy
03-07-2017, 07:06 AM
I haven't mailed out yours or Derko's yet as I didn't get the mailing address' from you guys before I mailed out the first shipment, I'll mail them out this week and send you the email when I do.

I have two left over if anyone else out there wants one. First come first serve on the last two....
I will be interested in another copy if you still have one available. let me aware and i will submit the address

Carter
03-07-2017, 08:15 AM

Alonso,

If you have any left over, I'll take one.

J

tfcfans
03-07-2017, 08:33 AM
Alonso -

I'll take an extra if you have one.

Sincerely,
Jason

lintberg
03-07-2017, 09:16 AM
Thanks so much Alonso, I received my copy.
Well done....amazing job!

EMT sent.

TheGoodson
03-07-2017, 11:13 AM
If there are any extra, I would definitely like one..

Send me a PM

Alonso
03-07-2017, 06:26 PM
No more left, sorry to anybody missing out.

UpTheReds
03-27-2017, 10:50 PM
Wow! Thank you Alonso! These are amazing and you really went all out. Where do I send payment?