PDA

View Full Version : Pre match drinks on saturday

leedsandTFC
12-07-2016, 11:45 AM
Hey all!

heading down to the game on saturday, anyone know the best places to grab a few pre match drinks where there will be a decent atmosphere?

affordable is definitely a plus (student+ spent a wedge on the tickets :) )

thanks!

Soccer Mum
12-07-2016, 11:54 AM
Hey all!

heading down to the game on saturday, anyone know the best places to grab a few pre match drinks where there will be a decent atmosphere?

affordable is definitely a plus (student+ spent a wedge on the tickets :) )

thanks!

Williams Landing in Liberty Village

SarniaTFC
12-07-2016, 12:39 PM
Shoeless Joe's on King Street. Home of the Red Patch Boys

Don Julio
12-07-2016, 12:42 PM
This is the final.. Pre-match drinks start on Friday!

C.Ronaldo
12-07-2016, 12:42 PM
Tim Hortons

raff
12-07-2016, 12:48 PM
I arrived at 445 for the conference final. Could not find a seat anywhere. So arrive early

Rene Kingsriver
12-07-2016, 12:56 PM
On this note, I think it may be a good idea to communicate where the Seattle guys bar will be so we can all avoid it and leave them to enjoy themselves the way we did at McLeans in Montreal

sully
12-07-2016, 12:59 PM
No bars taking table bookings. It's going to be jammed early. Worse case no pre match drinks for some people 😐

Red CB Toronto
12-07-2016, 01:04 PM
On this note, I think it may be a good idea to communicate where the Seattle guys bar will be so we can all avoid it and leave them to enjoy themselves the way we did at McLeans in Montreal

I will post that info regarding the Sounders supporters pregame spot when I have it just so everyone knows.

CBTFC
12-07-2016, 01:05 PM
Come hang out @ The Football Factory @ Bathurst/Richmond. They open early on Saturday for the 7:30am Watford vs Everton match, showing Premier League/La Liga/Bundesliga/Seria A all day long, and $5 pint specials.

fergiejr
12-07-2016, 01:19 PM
This guide was posted on the MLS site.

Football Factory, Real Sports, Scallywags, Wheat Sheaf etc.
Anywhere in Liberty Village would be a good spot to pre-drink. There's a Big Rock taproom that is opening soon - just not sure they'll be open this weekend. It's located right beside the Lamport parking lot on your way to BMO.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/12/07/2016-mls-cup-toronto-city-guide-soccer-culture-and-fun

Red4ever
12-07-2016, 01:31 PM
No bars taking table bookings. It's going to be jammed early. Worse case no pre match drinks for some people 

Tall boys and park.

High School Dance style.

:)

Cas87
12-07-2016, 01:53 PM
^^ either that or the Bud Big Rig at the North Patio will be hoppin' !!!!!!!

Red4ever
12-07-2016, 02:02 PM
^^^ You elites, with your fancy folding money ^^^

(Joking aside, this might be the best place to pregame in the city outside of Joes)

Capt.Cro
12-07-2016, 02:13 PM
Doth I sense a rebirth of tailgating? I'm all for it. We need a captain on this however, what's the law?

raff
12-07-2016, 04:40 PM
yes well as a matter of fact there is a beer store in liberty village with a monster selection of single cans and a dollar store nearby that sells cups and drinks etc. In desperation my buddy and I poured cans of beer into gatoraide bottles to go "under cover". Total high school flash back - could really do without the drinking in a public place ticket at the age of 50-odd.

Canary10
12-07-2016, 04:48 PM
I remember going to see Radiohead back in the mid 1990s at Centennial Hall in London Ontario (a smallish little concert hall in downtown, seats maybe around 1,500 people). This was just before they were big and were selling out arenas, like literally months before. On the way in, some kid puked all over the floor. Security grabbed him and carried him out of the venue. You've never been able to see Radiohead in a small venue like that since. How much must that guy be regretting that still to this day?

All this is to say, have your drinks, but make sure you're still in a state to remember and enjoy the biggest game in TFC history!!

flatpicker
12-07-2016, 04:57 PM
I remember going to see Radiohead back in the mid 1990s at Centennial Hall in London Ontario (a smallish little concert hall in downtown, seats maybe around 1,500 people). This was just before they were big and were selling out arenas, like literally months before. On the way in, some kid puked all over the floor. Security grabbed him and carried him out of the venue. You've never been able to see Radiohead in a small venue like that since. How much must that guy be regretting that still to this day?

All this is to say, have your drinks, but make sure you're still in a state to remember and enjoy the biggest game in TFC history!!

Yeah, if anyone pukes on me while singing at the game, I'll be severely disappointed in you!

Auzzy
12-07-2016, 05:31 PM
Well I guess LCBO first, then Tim Hortons, finish your coffee, then refill the cup, put on the lid & you're good to go, right?!

kodiakTFC
12-07-2016, 05:48 PM
Times like these I miss Maro.

Don Julio
12-07-2016, 05:48 PM
Tall boys and park.

High School Dance style.

:)

High school dance style? more like a mickey of cherry brandy behind the dumpster!

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
12-07-2016, 05:54 PM
I will post that info regarding the Sounders supporters pregame spot when I have it just so everyone knows.

I suggest they ( sounder supporters )avoid the liberty village area...It gona be rammed .... And a lot intoxicated reds!! 6 to 7 hours of pre drink be happening.

Just sayin.

gmacpheetfc
12-07-2016, 07:08 PM
There will be an east to west pub crawl starting at;
- Ceili Cottage
- Thirsty Duck
- The Roy
- Hi Lo
- The Rogue
- McVieghs
- Irish Embassy
- Union Station/GoTrain
- LVMC

FluSH
12-07-2016, 07:09 PM
I suggest they ( sounder supporters )avoid the liberty village area...It gona be rammed .... And a lot intoxicated reds!! 6 to 7 hours of pre drink be happening.

Just sayin.

It's unfortunate but I agree as well. We do not advocate any sort of violence, however I'm afraid of non-affiliated supporters that might be too tipsy for their own good! We need to send out a statement to make it loud and clear that we shall not behave like the MTL scum, but instead respect the fellow visiting supporters with our upmost sportsmanship.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
12-07-2016, 07:16 PM
It's unfortunate but I agree as well. We do not advocate any sort of violence, however I'm afraid of non-affiliated supporters that might be too tipsy for their own good! We need to send out a statement to make it loud and clear that we shall not behave like the MTL scum, but instead respect the fellow visiting supporters with our upmost sportsmanship.

Agreed this was my point totally.

Red CB Toronto
12-07-2016, 07:57 PM

They may have a bar that's already been locked down, who knows. I know they are having a night before party and ticket pickup in DT Toronto Friday night. I have had great times at the Screaming Eagles tailgates in DC. In my view even having been on our tailgate team, they are simply the best in the league, at least of the ones I have experienced. We were even all invited to the Red Bulls supporter bar pre and post game for the season opener. These are people who are traveling over 4,000KM to get here for the most part on somewhat short notice, mad props to them. Its a celebration, where ever you end up. So unless you are some fratboy bros who wants to be dicks and stir up shit, all should be good. Just use common sense.

Rene Kingsriver
12-07-2016, 08:41 PM

I was treated very well in Seattle when we went for Defoe's debut, I'd hate for Sounders fans to leave Toronto with bad memories of anything other than the result :)

Suds
12-07-2016, 09:10 PM
- Ceili Cottage
- Thirsty Duck
- The Roy
- Hi Lo
- The Rogue
- McVieghs
- Irish Embassy
- Union Station/GoTrain
- LVMC

If I started at Ceili Cottage I'd miss the game :drinking:

FluSH
12-07-2016, 09:12 PM
I was treated very well in Seattle when we went for Defoe's debut, I'd hate for Sounders fans to leave Toronto with bad memories of anything other than the result :)

Agreed

CanadaLFC
12-07-2016, 09:29 PM
- Ceili Cottage
- Thirsty Duck
- The Roy
- Hi Lo
- The Rogue
- McVieghs
- Irish Embassy
- Union Station/GoTrain
- LVMC

Is this something Seattle fans are doing or some TFC fans?

Red CB Toronto
12-08-2016, 07:32 AM
Well at least one of the Sounders groups ECS is having their pregame party 2-5 pm in downtown Toronto 2-5 pm at a bar before GO training in to be at the Stadium for 6 pm. A good way for them to keep everyone together in one place without issue.

Soccer Mum
12-08-2016, 10:24 AM
I remember, back in the day, we used to host away fans and vice-versa. Maybe play a pick-up game with them, have bantz and drinks. Cool shit like that doesn't happen anymore. We've become big-headed.

Fort York Redcoat
12-08-2016, 10:30 AM
I remember, back in the day, we used to host away fans and vice-versa. Maybe play a pick-up game with them, have bantz and drinks. Cool shit like that doesn't happen anymore. We've become big-headed.

So organize one

Yagbod
12-08-2016, 01:02 PM
- Ceili Cottage
- Thirsty Duck
- The Roy
- Hi Lo
- The Rogue
- McVieghs
- Irish Embassy
- Union Station/GoTrain
- LVMC

LVMC (Liberty Village Market Cafe) is closed for a private party.

gdg_9
12-08-2016, 01:30 PM
Liberty Village will be rammed.

If you get there early enough to get in, Brazenhead, Locus 144, Williams Landing, Local, The Craft, & the recently opened 3 Brewers will all be hopping... but they will all fill up EARLY!

Shoeless Joe's (home of RPB) is a couple blocks further, but a good spot.

Not sure if Muzik will be open, but that might be another option.

Other than that, you're getting a bit further away... Queen St has tons of options (Rhino, Parkdale Drink, Beaconsfield, Dog & Bear, etc. etc.), but not sure how TFC-Centric they will be.

Further west, there's Wheat Sheaf & Football Factory that should have a bunch of TFC fans as well.

If all else fails, there's also the Bud Patio at the North end of BMO.

cmonyoureds
12-08-2016, 01:44 PM

If you get there early enough to get in, Brazenhead, Locus 144, Williams Landing, Local, The Craft, & the recently opened 3 Brewers will all be hopping... but they will all fill up EARLY!

Other than that, you're getting a bit further away... Queen St has tons of options (Rhino, Parkdale Drink, Beaconsfield, Dog & Bear, etc. etc.), but not sure how TFC-Centric they will be.

Further west, there's Wheat Sheaf & Football Factory that should have a bunch of TFC fans as well.

As a point of reference, as of 4pm for the 7pm conference finals Shoeless Joe's was full, standing room only, and lined up for beverages. It only got busier.
Having said that, the staff there handled things fantastically, as they usually do.

JonO
12-08-2016, 01:52 PM
As a point of reference, as of 4pm for the 7pm conference finals Shoeless Joe's was full, standing room only, and lined up for beverages. It only got busier.
Having said that, the staff there handled things fantastically, as they usually do.
Do they still sell tall boys in the corner to help speed things up, or do you have to buy at the bar?

gdg_9
12-08-2016, 02:04 PM

I arrived at Locus just before 4:30, and was able to get a seat. By about 4:45 it was packed and standing room only.
Places will likely fill up even earlier on Sat, since it isn't a work day for most.

cmonyoureds
12-08-2016, 02:18 PM
Do they still sell tall boys in the corner to help speed things up, or do you have to buy at the bar?

Not that I could see last game. Given the anticipated crowd this Saturday, a few of those stands would be fantastic!

Fort York Redcoat
12-08-2016, 02:53 PM

They don't but they may or should. Patio will be open.

Pinkie
12-08-2016, 03:18 PM
They don't but they may or should. Patio will be open.

sweet. hanging out on the patio pre-game is excellent preparation for the game. gotta get used to the cold!

Areathrasher
12-08-2016, 03:23 PM
The Toronto 'Til I Die Pre-Game Street Party presented by Budweiser will be taking place between 3-6pm in Liberty Village. East Liberty street will be closed down between Hanna and Snooker. There will be live music from DJ Skratch Bastid. There will also be plenty of giveaways. So make sure you come down early to join in on the party!
Purchase Bud in LCBO
Go to Bud sponsored street party
Profit?

FluSH
12-09-2016, 11:48 PM
We did a few things this evening including a pit stop to welcome some folks... you may recognize one sounder supporter:

https://twitter.com/flush_rpb/status/807443642180894725

Brooker
12-10-2016, 07:52 AM
We did a few things this evening including a pit stop to welcome some folks... you may recognize one sounder supporter:

https://twitter.com/flush_rpb/status/807443642180894725

Oh dear.