PDA

View Full Version : All we are saying

FluSH
12-04-2016, 02:07 PM
I'm going to start off by saying this is controversial. In the early years we vowed as Support Groups never to bring back this chant again.

However, after reading a couple of posts on the "Toast" thread; after talking to a few other supporters who have been here since Day 1; and after hearing from folks the effect of that chant had on them. I want to put this out there...

Just like we only do "The Bounce" once we are in the clear... To bring back this stadium wide chant around the 89th minute

"All we are saying..... is give us the cup"

Yes, I'm ready to take the heat, but I believe at the right time and moment this could be magical, and I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't throw this out there... to see what folks think.

charlieocc
12-04-2016, 02:19 PM
I'm all for as many tributes to our past as possible. This game is ten years in the making, not just one.

jabbronies
12-04-2016, 02:31 PM
Just like we only do "The Bounce" once we are in the clear... To bring back this stadium wide chant around the 89th minute

"All we are saying..... is give us the cup"

Yes, I'm ready to take the heat, but I believe at the right time and moment this could be magical, and I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't throw this out there... to see what folks think.

love that song

Huyton
12-04-2016, 02:36 PM
This game could exorcise a lot of old demons.

charlieocc
12-04-2016, 02:40 PM
This game could exorcise a lot of old demons.
I absolutely LOVE seeing this article with an ad at the bottom for Conference Champions tshirts http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2012/05/22/tfcs-koevermans-stands-worst-team-world-claim

Huyton
12-04-2016, 02:49 PM
I absolutely LOVE seeing this article with an ad at the bottom for Conference Champions tshirts http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2012/05/22/tfcs-koevermans-stands-worst-team-world-claim

My son and I were in RFK Stadium in DC for that game. We were interviewed by some Dutch journalist at half time, who found our small pocket of a couple of dozen (maybe) TFC supporters.

brad
12-04-2016, 03:53 PM
Yes!

FluSH
12-04-2016, 08:12 PM
Folks,

i just realized that the poll will not show if you are in mobile mode... You'll need to go to full site mode.

Red CB Toronto
12-04-2016, 08:15 PM
Yes all the way. 10 Years in the making !!

romburgundy
12-05-2016, 09:32 AM
100,000% YES!
Great Idea FLUSH!

ensco
12-05-2016, 12:39 PM
Only 14% against? Around here?

That's a resounding endorsement. I think 14% didn't like Dichio!

MartinUtd
12-05-2016, 01:28 PM
I don't want to hear it unless we're up 3-0 in the 90th.

FluSH
12-05-2016, 01:55 PM
I don't want to hear it unless we're up 3-0 in the 90th.

LOL Yeah don't worry we will be cautious that's is for sure...

Mark in Ottawa
12-05-2016, 02:36 PM
Why not?? It hearkens right back to the beginning when we were chanting ...
"All we are saying .... is get us a goal!!" :)

And the occasional chorus of "always look on the bright side of life".

Rocco
12-05-2016, 04:30 PM
Flush, I echo many who suggest to be cautious with this one. I think the margin has to be high, I would consider a 2 or 3 goal lead with extra added time. Timing is everything. BUT it would be so worth it!

FluSH
12-05-2016, 07:20 PM
Flush, I echo many who suggest to be cautious with this one. I think the margin has to be high, I would consider a 2 or 3 goal lead with extra added time. Timing is everything. BUT it would be so worth it!

You got it folks... in Flush you can trust - I will shoot down anyone going rogue with the chant prematurely

james
12-07-2016, 03:45 AM
Oh memories....I'm to scared to sing it tho unless we up by a minimum 2 or 3 goals in the 89th minute. I can't even vote , just has to happen in the moment.

Eastend
12-07-2016, 06:07 AM
100,000% YES!
Great Idea FLUSH!

YES......

DUDE???? Haven't seen your name in a long time.

PizzaEatingYeti
12-07-2016, 11:32 AM
YES!

And I see this is a "yes" by a landslide!

Cashcleaner
12-07-2016, 12:27 PM
I'm not really a fan of the idea. Not because I don't particular like the history of it, but because it's a chant taking place at a time during the game when everyone will be wanting to do one of our more regular songs.

And on that note, here's a question: Why the heck didn't we sing the Sloop TFC song during the Conference Final? And is the Stonecutters Song just not happening? I remember that being a thing people wanted to introduce.

http://www.wakingthered.com/2012/2/12/2614006/toronto-fc-supporters-chants-video-and-lyrics

It's not that I don't like All We Are Saying (though admittedly I'm not all that fond of it), but I think there are a number of better songs to sing during the match - especially toward the 90th minute.

TFC Tifoso
12-07-2016, 12:51 PM
I'm not RPB, or even part of an SG (anymore), so far be it form me to have any authority, but a suggestion....

I remember in the 1st couple of years we had something to the tune of "For he's a jolly good fellow" like, "Ooooh You're never gonna believe us, your're never gonna believe us, you're never gonna belieeveeeeee uuuuussss......we're gonna win the game. We're gonna win the game, we're gonna win the game, oh you're never gonna.....etc."

In the context of it all, that may be more apt.......TFC the on-field laughing stock of MLS for years, may now win the cup....except replace "we're gonna win the game" with "we're gonna win the Cup.".....

"All we are saying" was good/funny/sad in the day, but it lost a bit over time imo....

charlieocc
12-07-2016, 12:56 PM
I'm not RPB, or even part of an SG (anymore), so far be it form me to have any authority, but a suggestion....

I remember in the 1st couple of years we had something to the tune of "For he's a jolly good fellow" like, "Ooooh You're never gonna believe us, your're never gonna believe us, you're never gonna belieeveeeeee uuuuussss......we're gonna win the game. We're gonna win the game, we're gonna win the game, oh you're never gonna.....etc."

In the context of it all, that may be more apt.......TFC the on-field laughing stock of MLS for years, may now win the cup....except replace "we're gonna win the game" with "we're gonna win the Cup.".....

"All we are saying" was good/funny/sad in the day, but it lost a bit over time imo....

I remember singing this one a couple times in Montreal for leg one actually, I like it

ExiledRed
12-08-2016, 12:44 AM
You know what Flush, I love the sentiment but I dont like the idea of resurrecting this historic song which was born from futility. Im soccer superstitious and i think its unlucky.

Do you know what I think would be more ironic and just as viral as that song was if we are indeed 3-0 up?

"simply having a wonderful christmas time"

ironic cause its mcartney (upbeat) instead of Lennon (not)

just sayin. do whatever man :) love ya

Redpunkfiddle
12-08-2016, 01:12 AM
All we are saying makes me think pleading and failure.

FluSH
12-08-2016, 06:44 AM
You know what Flush, I love the sentiment but I dont like the idea of resurrecting this historic song which was born from futility. Im soccer superstitious and i think its unlucky.

Do you know what I think would be more ironic and just as viral as that song was if we are indeed 3-0 up?

"simply having a wonderful christmas time"

ironic cause its mcartney (upbeat) instead of Lennon (not)

just sayin. do whatever man :) love ya

Love you too brother and points well taken!!

FluSH
12-08-2016, 08:00 AM
All we are saying makes me think pleading and failure.

Tifoso! Unless someone has taken your name on these boards you have every right to have a say! Great suggestions btw!

TFC Tifoso
12-08-2016, 08:12 AM
Tifoso! Unless someone has taken your name on these boards you have every right to have a say! Great suggestions btw!

Hey what's up Flush!......nah man, I'm still me :D......thanks a lot dude, just didn't want to storm the party here....

Its been great to see some of the names around here in the past week or so......some of you guys know me some not, but the names are all familiar!.....Can't wait for Saturday!!!

Fort York Redcoat
12-08-2016, 09:18 AM
And now you better believe us
and now you better believe us

We went and bought the cup...

cmonyoureds
12-08-2016, 09:27 AM
And now you better believe us
and now you better believe us

We went and bought the cup...

You charlatan ABU you!

burlington Red
12-08-2016, 11:07 AM
all we are saying is "Fight and win" lol

Red4ever
12-08-2016, 12:58 PM
Beat the Sounders, Beat the fucking Sounders
Beat the Sounders, back to USA.

Also, I love this idea.

Areathrasher
12-09-2016, 11:44 AM
all we are saying is "Fight and win" lol

I wonder if he is in town this weekend

romburgundy
12-09-2016, 09:43 PM
YES......

DUDE???? Haven't seen your name in a long time.
I'm around I just dont post.

FluSH
12-09-2016, 09:58 PM
RPB Durham!!!