PDA

View Full Version : i was interviewed by CBC TV today re the SSH ticketing issue

BeachTory
12-02-2016, 08:36 PM
Gave a shout out to RPB bien sur. Hopefully the caption below my name doesnt include "local nut" but i gave a balanced comment on having my SSH ticket in 124 taken for MLS 'partners and Sponsors'

film, as they say, at 11. Local CBC Toronto. I am the tall guy with glasses. Unless i sucked, then it wasnt me.

BeachTory
12-02-2016, 11:49 PM
https://youtu.be/oTACIt9sJhg

My interview part at 1:51. I wasn't a lunatic

FluSH
12-03-2016, 12:50 AM
https://youtu.be/oTACIt9sJhg

My interview part at 1:51. I wasn't a lunatic

Nice piece! Thanks for sharing!!

lips
12-03-2016, 07:00 AM
Nice

gardooney
12-03-2016, 07:16 AM
Somebody is making a ton of coin from your seats.$$$

Jack
12-03-2016, 07:38 PM
That's utter bullshit that your seat is being resold like that.

Red CB Toronto
12-03-2016, 07:45 PM
Just got off the phone with a friend whose season tickets of 10 years are currently on stubhub for $500 US per. Something truly is off here. I can understand the league taking tickets, but why would season seat holders have there tickets made available for selection then in the relocation process. Either the league is using it or the rightful owner gets it, not some random.

Oldtimer
12-03-2016, 08:05 PM
So some VP for some league sponsor gets given free tickets so that they can see what they are sponsoring. Instead of going, he lists them on stubhub. Gross. The league should reconsider their policy.

Justin10000
12-03-2016, 08:35 PM
This is a very common practice in the UK, where the FA reserves a block of tickets for major events to clubs to give to their corporate sponsors. The "FA Family." What happens is the "FA family" sells those tickets at hugely inflated prices on the reseller market. The corporate sponsors could care less about the events, but they still get the tickets as gifts and they can do whatever they want with them.

Onyx
12-03-2016, 08:50 PM
Just got off the phone with a friend whose season tickets of 10 years are currently on stubhub for $500 US per. Something truly is off here. I can understand the league taking tickets, but why would season seat holders have there tickets made available for selection then in the relocation process. Either the league is using it or the rightful owner gets it, not some random.

Those are garber's seats :)

seriously this is total bullshit.

redcard
12-03-2016, 09:29 PM
Here's an idea why not cap SSH tickets at say 25K then if the team hosts a Cup Final you make the non SSH tickets available for Sponsors/family?

From what i read they are taking 5000K tickets on the West stand for the sponsors/families, why do they need to sit on the west side, give them tickets anywhere where they are available without pissing off the home team support!

This rule only made sense when it was neutral site final...does not make sense anymore!!

OgtheDim
12-03-2016, 10:02 PM
Like the Spurs fans who came the other year, the sponsors sit on the side where the cameras are because that's the only view they ever actually see of a game - otherwise they won't know who's on which team.

Onyx
12-04-2016, 06:37 PM
Here's an idea why not cap SSH tickets at say 25K then if the team hosts a Cup Final you make the non SSH tickets available for Sponsors/family?

From what i read they are taking 5000K tickets on the West stand for the sponsors/families, why do they need to sit on the west side, give them tickets anywhere where they are available without pissing off the home team support!

This rule only made sense when it was neutral site final...does not make sense anymore!!

Thats more than half of the weststand.
That is total bullshit.
I sit beside different people on the eastside every game. No way the lower east is filled with a ton season ticket holders, outside 110-111 which seems to be jammed even for V-cup/CCL qualifiiers. They could have put spread people out on the east.

brad
12-04-2016, 06:47 PM

Well, we have 18k right now, so a 25k cap would not change anything.

And the MLS doesn't care about displacing people. They care about giving the premium seats to their sponsors and celebs.

BeachTory
12-04-2016, 07:15 PM
The league used ticketmaster for tix distibution. So this is a change from the team system.

so why? And why not use a non transferable tix, which ticketmaster has the tech to employ?

is it because stubhub is owned by tickermaster? Is it because there is an expectation that friends of MLS who get these freebees ARE going to scalp? I dont know. I do know that the tix i was allowed to buy in a different section has not been delivered to me, even though i selected electronic ticket. This means i have nothing to upload to stubhub even if i wanted to scalp it.

So review. Friends of MLS had a hard ticket they could place for sale on stubhub BEFORE any tickets went on sale to the SSH.

this story is more than a same displacement issue.

Its odd too since i have donated my tix back to the team for events like military families and i would have voluntarily signed up for a relocation to facilitate families of players etc attending the game.

Onyx
12-04-2016, 07:22 PM
The league used ticketmaster for tix distibution. So this is a change from the team system.

so why? And why not use a non transferable tix, which ticketmaster has the tech to employ?

is it because stubhub is owned by tickermaster? Is it because there is an expectation that friends of MLS who get these freebees ARE going to scalp? I dont know. I do know that the tix i was allowed to buy in a different section has not been delivered to me, even though i selected electronic ticket. This means i have nothing to upload to stubhub even if i wanted to scalp it.

So review. Friends of MLS had a hard ticket they could place for sale on stubhub BEFORE any tickets went on sale to the SSH.

this story is more than a same displacement issue.

Its odd too since i have donated my tix back to the team for events like military families and i would have voluntarily signed up for a relocation to facilitate families of players etc attending the game.

stubhub is division of ebay.

I think your thinking of ticketsnow ... ticketmasters version of stubhub, ticketsnow is the service that alway gets called out for having premium priced concert tickets right after they go on sale. Although its scalpers that are doing it since they know all the tricks to getting tickets quickly online on ticketmaster. They are the red dots (vs blue dots) on the ticketmaster website.

brad
12-04-2016, 08:08 PM
Non-transferable tickets are a nightmare at the gate. You'd have people who got there before kick still queued up at half time.

It's probably not even possible to get the staff at the gates trained in time and get whatever tech they need to be able to verify ID's/credit cards against the tickets at all gates.