PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to our new striker!

ginkster88
07-29-2008, 11:42 AM
Breaking News from Toronto:

The Toronto FC are pleased to welcome their new striker, Allocation Money, to the side. Director of Soccer, Mo Johnston had this to say about the team's most recent addition: "Obviously the fans have been clamouring for help up front, and I do think that we've found it in the form of Money. I think that he will become a fearsome target within the area for crosses and set plays." Indeed, when stacked to his full height, Money stands at an imposing seven feet and three inches. Captain Jim Brennan is excited about the prospect of delivering the ball to him in front of the goal. "I mean, any time you've got a man over seven feet, he's not going to be hard to find. I just hope that we're up to giving him the quality passes he needs to put the ball in the net." Manager John Carver was happy to have finally received the help he has been calling for for weeks. "Finally. That's about all I can say. I guess Mo decided that all we needed to do was throw a little Money at the problem!" he said with a cheeky smile, to the chagrin of media members in attendance. Joking aside, it does look like this may be the boost the Reds need for their run at a first-ever MLS Playoff Spot.

*Author's Note: Laurent Robert was reached for comment, but did not care to add anything.

Chevy
07-29-2008, 11:48 AM
Can we also assume that he will be getting an Esquire watch deal?

Smenge
07-29-2008, 11:52 AM
Dam, we should do great now, since there are a whole lot of those fuckers playing for Man U and Chelsea, think what just one can do for TFC!!!!!

ExiledRed
07-29-2008, 11:52 AM
Gold!

Who's making the banner for this guy? nascar?

What about the chant?

"Money money money?" by Abba?

flatpicker
07-29-2008, 11:55 AM
wait a minute!!!

so Cash is our new striker???!!!!

what a turn of events!!!!

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k139/brushstroke-man/turf2-1.jpg

Corpand
07-29-2008, 11:56 AM
I just hope he jumps into the crowds when he scores.....

sweetlemon69
07-29-2008, 11:59 AM
*sigh*

trane
07-29-2008, 12:00 PM
It should be funny, but right now it is just depressing.

togetherness
07-29-2008, 12:05 PM
All Joking aside ..Is this true .. Do we have a 7 foot DP that is a little green but willing to deposit..

boban
07-29-2008, 12:07 PM
I just hope he doesn't have a habit of withdrawing.

mclaren
07-29-2008, 12:09 PM
It should be funny, but right now it is just depressing.

:) :)

sully
07-29-2008, 12:18 PM
Breaking News from Toronto:

The Toronto FC are pleased to welcome their new striker, Allocation Money, to the side. Director of Soccer, Mo Johnston had this to say about the team's most recent addition: "Obviously the fans have been clamouring for help up front, and I do think that we've found it in the form of Money. I think that he will become a fearsome target within the area for crosses and set plays." Indeed, when stacked to his full height, Money stands at an imposing seven feet and three inches. Captain Jim Brennan is excited about the prospect of delivering the ball to him in front of the goal. "I mean, any time you've got a man over seven feet, he's not going to be hard to find. I just hope that we're up to giving him the quality passes he needs to put the ball in the net." Manager John Carver was happy to have finally received the help he has been calling for for weeks. "Finally. That's about all I can say. I guess Mo decided that all we needed to do was throw a little Money at the problem!" he said with a cheeky smile, to the chagrin of media members in attendance. Joking aside, it does look like this may be the boost the Reds need for their run at a first-ever MLS Playoff Spot.

*Author's Note: Laurent Robert was reached for comment, but did not care to add anything.

Is there money to put that as an advert in a newspaper? ..maybe embarrass/shame the club into getting new quality striker/s...

LucaGol
07-29-2008, 12:28 PM
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/7302/captureqt8.jpg

reggie
07-29-2008, 01:06 PM
knowing mo,i think the new striker is ALLOCATION O' MONEY a 35 yr old english league reject...

Kickit09
07-29-2008, 01:21 PM
now we just need Mo Money and w're good to go

TFC4ever
07-29-2008, 01:23 PM
Mo Money

No problems

Kickit09
07-29-2008, 01:24 PM
you know what they say though.... mo money, mo problems

greatwhitenorf
07-29-2008, 01:56 PM
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/7302/captureqt8.jpg

Could we get this shirt done up a tasteful shade of old money green with the numbers and trim in flourescent Hogtown emerald?

romburgundy
07-29-2008, 03:02 PM
Is there money to put that as an advert in a newspaper? ..maybe embarrass/shame the club into getting new quality striker/s...

This would be amazing!

noochie
07-29-2008, 05:45 PM
Can you fit "International Allocation" on the back of one of those jerseys?

Derko
07-29-2008, 06:05 PM
knowing mo,i think the new striker is ALLOCATION O' MONEY a 35 yr old english league reject...

Now,now the Italian National Diving and Spitting Team supporters might get upset, lol