PDA

View Full Version : Supporters tribute/moment of silence to honour chapecoense before tomorrow's match?

CBTFC
11-29-2016, 10:24 AM
We're all waking up to some terrible news in our extended soccer/football family this morning, as word is out that the Brazilian club Chapeoense were on the chartereted plane that crashed in Colombia.

Despite short notice, I believe it would be fitting to honour/recognize the team with a banner and/or moment of silence before the match tomorrow.

CanadaLFC
11-29-2016, 10:30 AM
We're all waking up to some terrible news in our extended soccer/football family this morning, as word is out that the Brazilian club Chapeoense were on the chartereted plane that crashed in Colombia.

Despite short notice, I believe it would be fitting to honour/recognize the team with a banner and/or moment of silence before the match tomorrow.

This is a must

sn0re
11-29-2016, 10:36 AM
This is a must

Please do this. All of the SGs should do this tomorrow. Prayers go out to Chapecoense

gmacpheetfc
11-29-2016, 10:37 AM
I think the club will do something at mid field before kick off.

cmonyoureds
11-29-2016, 10:38 AM
An absolute must.
An impeccable minute of silence, at minimum.

Don Julio
11-29-2016, 10:41 AM
Impeccably observed moment of silence is appropriate. Tribute banner from the supporters could come off as attention-whoring, no matter how well-meaning.

German21
11-29-2016, 10:47 AM
I think the club will do something at mid field before kick off.

they tweeted about it this morning so i would imagine a moment of silence will be held before the game for sure.

paul-collins
11-29-2016, 10:54 AM
#Fuerzachape

charlieocc
11-29-2016, 10:54 AM
Might be tough depending on how the game is going but maybe even a minute of silence at the 75th minute for the 75 people killed?

Phil
11-29-2016, 10:58 AM
Might be tough depending on how the game is going but maybe even a minute of silence at the 75th minute for the 75 people killed?

sorry, no chance at that. This big of a game with the implications as they are falling silent during play won't happen. If anything it will be a moment of silence pre match.

denime
11-29-2016, 11:05 AM
I agree we should do it,however moment of silence should come from the club officials and MLS,we can be silent ,and I bet you no one will notice,actually people might think we are protesting again.

75th minute is just to much to expect in game like this,it wont happen no matter how hard we try or advertise.

SGs should ask TFC FO to do this,but then again it comes down to MLS if they are going to approve it or not.

Phil
11-29-2016, 11:35 AM
I don't think MLS can really interfere much with pre-game ceremony. I have requested info and suggested the moment of silence, I will update in here.

Oldtimer
11-29-2016, 11:46 AM
It's a lovely idea, and I don't mind doing this, but you guys realize that the 50,000 residents of that town will never know that we had a moment of silence. They live in rural Brazil, the chance that a TFC match will be broadcast there is nil. The chance that their media will report on it is nil. Maybe they will hear if a EPL club does it. Maybe. So we're doing it more for us and our feelings than for them. That's reality. So go ahead and do it, but unfortunately it's not going to comfort that town.

Maybe TFC can send their club a condolence card. That would be more meaningful. Or maybe a video of the moment of silence. That would make it actually helpful to the survivors.

CanadaLFC
11-29-2016, 11:47 AM
I agree we should do it,however moment of silence should come from the club officials and MLS,we can be silent ,and I bet you no one will notice,actually people might think we are protesting again.

75th minute is just to much to expect in game like this,it wont happen no matter how hard we try or advertise.

SGs should ask TFC FO to do this,but then again it comes down to MLS if they are going to approve it or not.

Yeah, exactly.

The best practice is for the stadium announcer to say why there should be a minute of silence and then proceed with it, where everyone will stay quiet for about a minute. After that, it's on to supporting the team.

jabbronies
11-29-2016, 11:52 AM
It's a lovely idea, and I don't mind doing this, but you guys realize that the 50,000 residents of that town will never know that we had a moment of silence. They live in rural Brazil, the chance that a TFC match will be broadcast there is nil. The chance that their media will report on it is nil. Maybe they will hear if a EPL club does it. Maybe. So we're doing it more for us and our feelings than for them. That's reality. So go ahead and do it, but unfortunately it's not going to comfort that town.

Maybe TFC can send their club a condolence card. That would be more meaningful.

The point isn’t to be seen on TV by the locals, the point is to come together with the football community and show respect for a very tragic incident that has affected the community.

Toronto has a large Brazilian community. So I’m sure they would appreciate the gesture. Showing respect for their fellow countrymen.

Phil
11-29-2016, 11:57 AM
There will be a moment of silence observed by the team pre anthem.

Detroit_TFC
11-29-2016, 02:31 PM
Very appropriate and welcomed. I imagine that will be done throughout most if not all the matches in world football this weekend too.

greatwhitenorf
11-29-2016, 04:48 PM
Maybe wearing a bit of green, the club colour, wouldn't hurt either. Or hang a big green 'C' at one end. Simple, articulate.

ensco
11-29-2016, 05:09 PM
It's a major catastrophe in the soccer world, and it would be nice if the clubs/league did more than just a moment of silence (maybe a black ribbon, or a Chape patch on jerseys, or something similar).

EDIT: just saw post above with same point

Have a look at Marca.

http://www.marca.com/en/

Even with a clasico in 4 days, the tragedy is totally dominating their coverage

German21
11-29-2016, 06:01 PM
https://www.facebook.com/AChapeF/videos/1503241939704887/

unfortunately i cant make out what they are chanting, but it would be good to chant this after the moment of silence.

@ChrisFizik make this a thing with the capos if its a good idea.

Redpunkfiddle
11-29-2016, 06:11 PM
https://www.facebook.com/AChapeF/videos/1503241939704887/

unfortunately i cant make out what they are chanting, but it would be good to chant this after the moment of silence.

@ChrisFizik make this a thing with the capos if its a good idea.

Sounds like the anthems will follow right after the expected applause. In any case, I don't think anybody would get what this is.

David_Oliveira
11-29-2016, 06:15 PM
It's
Ehhhh vamos vamos chape
Oh oh chape
Vamos vamos chape
Ehhhhh

German21
11-29-2016, 06:22 PM
Sounds like the anthems will follow right after the expected applause. In any case, I don't think anybody would get what this is.

thats what im hearing, so any suggestions then for when? i've sent out some messages to the other groups to get their ideas on it as well.

David_Oliveira
11-29-2016, 06:34 PM
It's
Ehhhh vamos vamos chape
Oh oh chape
Vamos vamos chape
Ehhhhh

So I reheard it over speakers,
It's
Ehhhhh
Vamos vamos chape
Vamos vamos chape