PDA

View Full Version : Match Day Playoffs Rd 3 Leg 2 - The Night Will Save Us - IMFC @ TFC Nov 30

Pages : [1] 2 3

OgtheDim
11-22-2016, 10:41 PM
She took me on a rollercoaster
I have never gone down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tyy4XMy1Cg

Have At It People

CBTFC
11-22-2016, 11:13 PM
I hope that dressing room considers itself very lucky and very fortunate.

IMO, regardless of whether it was the wrong painted lines, crappy turf or 60k, we just shouldn't have gone down 3-0 in the first place, as easy as we did.

I can't wait for some gritty outside late november weather conditions to come into play on the 30th.

notthesun
11-22-2016, 11:40 PM
Well we know exactly how Montreal is going to play this. Bunker in tight around the box and only go forward on counter attacks. Vanney should be analyzing every second of the tape from our 1-0 loss to them at home earlier this year.

Scoring first is just huge here. It's almost the only thing we need to do. Score first, and Montreal has no choice but to come out of their shell, which means they'll have to leave themselves more exposed. If they score first it could be a nightmare trying to get 2 past them.

The big question is whether Vanney sticks with the 3-5-2... I would guess that he does.

mowe
11-22-2016, 11:50 PM
Just win.

Blindside16
11-23-2016, 12:55 AM
Win. Everything else is just noise

Oldtimer
11-23-2016, 09:24 AM
Not a huge sample, but seven times in MLS history the lower seeded team took the lead in game one for the conference final. In all seven cases that team went on to play in the MLS Cup final.

TFC can still win, but the odds favour Montreal TBH. TFC have the grit and the goal-scoring ability to win, however in doing so TFC will be vulnerable to the counter so they will have to be smart. Two away goals make it a lot closer than it otherwise would be.

Jack
11-23-2016, 09:38 AM
We just need to win the game. Score two goals more than them and just win. We can do that at home. Just get it fucking done.

Canary10
11-23-2016, 09:43 AM
We just need to win the game. Score two goals more than them and just win. We can do that at home. Just get it fucking done.

Yeah, I think the scoreline favours us, amazingly given the start to that game. We just need to win at home by the most common scores in soccer. But we need to play a MUCH better game.

Initial B
11-23-2016, 09:44 AM
That field in Montreal assisted Montreal's speedsters because the turf never slowed the ball down like real grass (or even good turf). I don't think Montreal can pull off the same speed feats at BMO.

BelfastBoy
11-23-2016, 09:47 AM
Even 1-nil will work.

Jack
11-23-2016, 09:58 AM
Yeah, I think the scoreline favours us, amazingly given the start to that game. We just need to win at home by the most common scores in soccer. But we need to play a MUCH better game.
If we play the way we have been in 300 out of the 360 minutes of these playoffs, then we should win. Other than 60 minutes or so in Montreal, we've been very good for the whole run.

That field in Montreal assisted Montreal's speedsters because the turf never slowed the ball down like real grass (or even good turf). I don't think Montreal can pull off the same speed feats at BMO.
I was saying this same thing last night at Joe's. The bunker and counter game they play works better on that pile of crap rug than our build-up controlled game. I saw many times where the bouncing ball and the bobbles helped them pressure and turn it over (not an excuse for what happened to us as we were shit on all three goals). I saw several occasions where Osorio or Giovinco slipped when trying to do their typical feinting and faking on defenders and lost possession. That won't happen on our field. I'm glad we got out of there with away goals and no key injuries. I was hoping for a win, expecting maybe a slim loss or a draw and we got a slim loss with a huge pair of away goals. Not ideal, but I'll take it.

Scotty74
11-23-2016, 10:05 AM
The turf at Montreal didn't help last night but TFC need a MUCH better performance than what they showed last night. They were second to every ball and the 3 at the back couldn't handle Montreal's speed at all.
Can TFC do it? Of course they can but I'm still very wary of Montreal's counter attacking game, like they showed at BMO in August, we can have most of the possession but they can hit you on the break easily.
As someone already said, the key to this tie is who scores first.

cmonyoureds
11-23-2016, 10:05 AM
Momentum.
We have it.
You think Montreal feel good right now? Doubtful. Those 2 away goals are daggers hanging over their heads.
We need to win at home, at the fortress, at The. Best. Home. Field. In. MLS. I like our chances...............

Still Kicking
11-23-2016, 10:10 AM
I feel that TFC's greatest weapon is Giovinco bouncing back from his worst playoff performance of 2016 in Montreal.

First goal for TFC is critical, I agree. I will be cheering for a hungry and top form Giovinco to score that goal.

Capt.Cro
11-23-2016, 10:45 AM
No one is mentioning how we broke their defensive strategy. Guys, we broke their bunker... twice! Our control inside the 18 was paramount in those two goals. Sure Ricketts should have buried that first try but even with the bounce off of the post, we recovered, made a touch, a cross and headed it in. Their defense did their best Hagglund/Zavaleta impression on that goal!

In regards to Oldtimer's stat about the lower seeded team taking a lead in the first leg and going on each time to the final...with all due respect, we don't need to know that!!!! "Git' that garbage outta here!!" but I honestly believe that this will be a special game and will not conform to norms or stats...much like last night's didn't.

leafsman
11-23-2016, 10:54 AM
2016 is the year of the comebacks so that should make up for that lower seed stat.

Red4ever
11-23-2016, 11:02 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/910685387/102333124-8e93d38c357479afd9e1635a4cdc8763_4bf2dc8c-full_400x400.jpg

burlington Red
11-23-2016, 11:04 AM
I feel that TFC's greatest weapon is Giovinco bouncing back from his worst playoff performance of 2016 in Montreal.

First goal for TFC is critical, I agree. I will be cheering for a hungry and top form Giovinco to score that goal.

he wasn't great in first game v NYCFC but then bounced back big time in 2nd leg, hopefully he repeats that in this series. He doesn't often do successive poor games in a row, and I am sure Montreal will be fearful of this.

charlieocc
11-23-2016, 11:05 AM
Especially if it's nice and cold, or even better - snowing. That would slow the game down nicely, fuck their counter

Canary10
11-23-2016, 11:07 AM
It might be slop after the Grey Cup game. That could be to our advantage.

Capt.Cro
11-23-2016, 11:15 AM

Contrarily to everything said in the "BMO Pitch Thread", wooooo let's F**k up some grass boys!!!

Canary10
11-23-2016, 11:16 AM
Contrarily to everything said in the "BMO Pitch Thread", wooooo let's F**k up some grass boys!!!

Lol. I was thinking that too. Where's Pookie?

Oldtimer
11-23-2016, 11:21 AM

We're a technical team. Good grass favours TFC. Bad grass would even out both sides.

Jack
11-23-2016, 11:22 AM
Nope. Our buildup game, Osorio and Giovinco's touches and our close control around the box all benefit from a nice pitch. I'm hoping the Grey Cup is a tame affair that doesn't tear things up too much at all. Football tends to tear up the middle of the field, which is where we operate, not the wings, where they run their counter.

ManUtd4ever
11-23-2016, 11:22 AM
It was ridiculously easy for them to generate quality chances on the counter attack last night. We can't give them that much time and space in the second leg. If we buckle down defensively, the offense can take care of itself.

Canary10
11-23-2016, 11:24 AM
We're a technical team. Good grass favours TFC. Bad grass would even out both sides.

To some extent, but I don't totally agree with that. If it's truly slop it won't be to our advantage. But if it's running slow from rain, etc, it will hamper a speedy team to some degree. Certainly a slower pitch will make that first ball out that they play harder, and we got killed by that quite a few times.

SoccMan2
11-23-2016, 11:25 AM
Well the nice thing is the fact that a 1-0 or 2-1 win by TFC and we go through even at 3-2 overtime will be played and even a shootout might decide the series, so everything still to play for which would not have been the case if the game had ended 3-0 for Montreal last night.

ManUtd4ever
11-23-2016, 11:25 AM
Nope. Our buildup game, Osorio and Giovinco's touches and our close control around the box all benefit from a nice pitch. I'm hoping the Grey Cup is a tame affair that doesn't tear things up too much at all. Football tends to tear up the middle of the field, which is where we operate, not the wings, where they run their counter.

That's a valid point. At least the weather forecast looks good (for now), so hopefully the damage to the pitch will be minimal.

Canary10
11-23-2016, 11:29 AM
Bad pitches also tend to produce lower scoring games, which is what we need.

Bobo
11-23-2016, 11:32 AM
Prior to the game I had been thinking that TFC might do well to start Johnson ahead of Cooper to help fill the space and prevent counters. After seeing last night's turn of events, I'm convinced that it's now the right decision to make. Cooper would be a valuable option off the bench if they are getting desperate later on.

Capt.Cro
11-23-2016, 11:34 AM
We're great with crosses and aerial control. I can't say I recall them intentionally passing the ball any other way than hard, fast ground passes.

SenorDingDong
11-23-2016, 12:17 PM
To some extent, but I don't totally agree with that. If it's truly slop it won't be to our advantage. But if it's running slow from rain, etc, it will hamper a speedy team to some degree. Certainly a slower pitch will make that first ball out that they play harder, and we got killed by that quite a few times.

Montreal loves the slop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_YlS3SLoz8

Canary10
11-23-2016, 12:27 PM
^ Ha ha, love that. His mudder was a mudder? Great line.

UpTheReds
11-23-2016, 12:29 PM
If TFC play the way they are capable of playing they win the tie. If TFC score first they win.

mistercorporate
11-23-2016, 01:15 PM

This.

RedsYNWA
11-23-2016, 01:57 PM
The Books still have TFC as favourites to advance past Montreal @ 1.80/-125

Red4ever
11-23-2016, 02:48 PM
We win 3-1.

Two Early, one late. They claw one back, we're too drunk to care.

Weeeeeee

GabrielHurl
11-23-2016, 02:51 PM
The permutations

http://i68.tinypic.com/3089nj8.png

Ben - D.O.W.
11-23-2016, 03:07 PM
Not a huge sample, but seven times in MLS history the lower seeded team took the lead in game one for the conference final. In all seven cases that team went on to play in the MLS Cup final.

But how many of those lower seeded teams allowed 2 away goals?

ensco
11-23-2016, 04:11 PM
Scoring those two late goals, just like that .... that was a rare, special thing.

We were done.

The more I think on it, the more I can't believe it, and Montreal has 8 days to simmer in it.

You don't realize what just happened because you are drowning in despair, it's not the same emotional high as pasting NYC in the second leg .... but my god, that was the true Miracle in Montreal. It may well have been the championship moment.

Canary10
11-23-2016, 04:19 PM
Scoring those two late goals, just like that .... that was a rare, special thing.

We were done.

The more I think on it, the more I can't believe it, and Montreal has 8 days to simmer in it.

You don't realize what just happened because you are drowning in despair, it's not the same emotional high as pasting NYC in the second leg .... but my god, that was the true Miracle in Montreal. It may well have been the championship moment.

The second goal....we were 95% done without it. Can't believe it happened.

MightyDM
11-23-2016, 04:27 PM

We were done.

You are right. I have felt great all day, and we lost. But I am right to feel great.

cmonyoureds
11-23-2016, 04:28 PM

We were done.

This ^^^^^
Posted before, but, Montreal is probably gutted at giving those 2 goals away. TFC on the other hand should be elated and feel like they have all the momentum.

I know which team I'd rather be on.

Red CB Toronto
11-23-2016, 04:38 PM
Just pulling out of Montreal now after a chill day. Standing in the supporter section I can't describe. I was almost numb, in shock, still can't really believe it after the disasterous start. What a night, next Wednesday can't come soon enough.

PAOK17
11-23-2016, 06:44 PM
Though a draw or a win in the first leg would have been preferred, that second goal lets us go into the game to just win (barring another high scoring game).

I wonder what kind of approach Montreal will have. I assume similar to the NYRB second leg. Scoring will be critical. Perhaps in the first half as well. I just can't see them going all out on attack like we did to NYCFC. The beauty of those two goals is that we scored them while they were sitting back. So we can crack them.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
11-23-2016, 06:59 PM
Any vids posted..of the atmosphere on the train...stadium...pubs....i need footage...lol

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
11-23-2016, 07:03 PM
Still wish TFC would push for a 8pm start.

FluSH
11-23-2016, 07:19 PM
The first 10 minutes of the game will be the most intense... you know MTL will want to score early and take counter attack the rest of the game, and likewise we will be out in full force to get that first goal. Hope that we don't make any defensive mistakes and that playing at home on our TURF will be to our advantage...

charlieocc
11-23-2016, 08:02 PM
Any vids posted..of the atmosphere on the train...stadium...pubs....i need footage...lol

Laura Armstrong on Twitter had some solid videos of the away section from the press box? Not quite what you're looking for but still cool to see

UpTheReds
11-23-2016, 08:22 PM
If TFC score first I think we win the tie. Pull Montreal out, make them expand and then play through them for the 2nd. Like someone else said above I am predicting a 3-1.

UpTheReds
11-23-2016, 08:28 PM
Also, none of the 7 teams who moved on leading after the first leg had given up 2 road goals and only lead by 1 goal.

ensco
11-23-2016, 09:04 PM
Still wish TFC would push for a 8pm (http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/x-apple-data-detectors://1) start.

No way. Leafs are at 830pm.

OgtheDim
11-23-2016, 09:16 PM
No way. Leafs are at 830pm.

As shown of late, the Leafs in October November don't mean anything to a Toronto playoff run.

Red CB Toronto
11-23-2016, 09:19 PM
As shown of late, the Leafs in October November don't mean anything to a Toronto playoff run.

But still take eyeballs away from the television broadcast.

OgtheDim
11-23-2016, 09:23 PM
Remind me who was playing at the same time last night again?

Move of the game to 8 won't happen due to TV commitments in the USA. Nothing to do with Leafs on TV.

ensco
11-23-2016, 09:47 PM
Remind me who was playing at the same time last night again?

Move of the game to 8 won't happen due to TV commitments in the USA. Nothing to do with Leafs on TV.

Og, it's not true - show us what the US networks motivation is around the start time on Nov 30. (http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/x-apple-data-detectors://1) There is nothing...

http://www.espn.com/espntv/onair/index?start=11-30-16-4:00-PM

Fox are doing UFC Fight Flashback after the game
http://www.foxsports.com/tv-listings

General Woolfe
11-23-2016, 10:57 PM
We simply have to win next week and advance to the final. Anything else is simply unthinkable. To be put out by Montreal at this stage, and at home, would scar us for life. I fear it would be a result we would never recover from. It would be a footballing albatross which would haunt us forever.

Having said that, Greg Vanney MUST get his team selection and tactics absolutely spot on next Wednesday. Last night showed there are some weaknesses with a 3-5-2 against a 4-3-3 playing with speed on the counter attack. Does he stand by it, as it has otherwise served us well in recent weeks, or does he modify it by going 3-4-3 or 4-2-3-1? Does he even revert to a 4-4-2 an the diamond formation? Team selection is also important, keeping the speed of our opponents in mind. Midfield is particularly crucial. Does he stick with both Cooper and Osorio, or does he drop one or both in favour of giving a start to Johnson and/or Ricketts? Perhaps more controversially, is a recall for Bono on the cards given Irwin hasn't exactly been in sparkling form since he returned and looked particularly poor at Montreal's third goal last night. A goal that in reality should have buried us.

Overall I've been impressed with Vanney this season and you can tell from his interviews he is a intelligent man and clearly a student of the game. However, next Wednesday is the acid test for him. It's all fine and well being articulate on television but it's results that matter most. This is one game that Vanney needs to display the capacity to set up his side in a way that it's capable of mastering whatever Beillo throws at him. He also needs to motivate the players to be sharp and come out the blocks flying, just as we did in NYC. He also needs to drill the players to stay focused on their task for the full 90 minutes. This game has simply no room for a sluggish start or lapses inconcentration.

If we win this game Vanney will be a hero, and most likely get a new and rewarding contract. However, if we fail, it will be a result Greg Vanney will find very difficult, if not impossible, to recover from. Wednesday is the biggest game in our history, so let us hope our preparations are spot on and set us up for a historic victory.

molenshtain
11-23-2016, 11:01 PM
This was an extremely successful season regardless of what happens on Wednesday. Vanney is getting a new contract no matter what.

Oldtimer
11-23-2016, 11:54 PM
This was an extremely successful season regardless of what happens on Wednesday. Vanney is getting a new contract no matter what.

Agreed, he's already met my expectations. Losing to Montreal at this point would be sad, but TFC fans can certainly look at a good season and post season run and get some comfort. Only one team lifts the trophy and in a parity league plain chance plays a role.

mistercorporate
11-24-2016, 12:16 AM
I'm not sure we need to change our approach. I may be wrong, but it sure seemed like the turf was the main impediment to a free flowing and technical TFC game.

notthesun
11-24-2016, 01:10 AM
Jair Marrufo is reffing this one.

OgtheDim
11-24-2016, 07:04 AM
So one of the better refs.

This time, there will be yellows because they don't hold over for the final. But the liklihood of a red is small. Which is good for us because we can't beat a 10 man team. :scarf:

Auzzy
11-24-2016, 08:32 AM
I just checked the temp grandstand tickets. Very few left, in the back. I think they'll sell out within the next few hours.

Canary10
11-24-2016, 09:49 AM
I'm not sure we need to change our approach. I may be wrong, but it sure seemed like the turf was the main impediment to a free flowing and technical TFC game.\

Why? In my experience, the fake grass is better for technical teams. The ball runs truer, no divots, the speed is better for players with good control.

ag futbol
11-24-2016, 09:55 AM
\

Why? In my experience, the fake grass is better for technical teams. The ball runs truer, no divots, the speed is better for players with good control.
That's maybe true if comparing a regular (or poorly maintained) grass field to standard turf. But here we are talking about a pretty bad turf surface with noted inconsistencies vs. what would have been a good quality outdoor field.

Not that it completely excuses TFC's lack of link up play by any means...

Canary10
11-24-2016, 10:09 AM
That's maybe true if comparing a regular (or poorly maintained) grass field to standard turf. But here we are talking about a pretty bad turf surface with noted inconsistencies vs. what would have been a good quality outdoor field.

Not that it completely excuses TFC's lack of link up play by any means...

I don't know. I'm skeptical that it would make much difference, other than being really bad on your body. Certainly wouldn't fix our awful positioning and huge gaps in the mid!

Capt.Cro
11-24-2016, 10:18 AM
Most people seem to be on the side of "don't change the 3-5-2, it's working" but is it? We narrowly beat out Chicago with it. Sure, it was the first game playing in the formation but it was by no means flawless. For the next three games, maybe it just happened to work well tactically against the two teams we faced and their style of play. On a goals/minute stat, I'd imagine that we have a much higher scoring rate with 3 forwards on vs 2. As a counterpoint to that however, you could imagine that having fresh legs is also a factor as I don't think we've played with 3 forwards any earlier than from the 60th minute.

The Irishman
11-24-2016, 10:33 AM
Are Montreal strong enough to keep us out at home for 90 mins? I dont think so which is why IMO they need to come here and score. Even being 3-2 down, I honestly believe the pressure is all on MTL. How do they approach this one? Do they come and defend for a 0-0? Come try and attack and get a goal? I think they're going to have to sit back and see how we approach it. We don't need to score in the 1st minute and that will take a bit of pressure of our lads.

tfc2007
11-24-2016, 11:18 AM
We should start with the same lineup and formation that finished in MTL. Keep the pressure on MTL from the get go.

TheGoodson
11-24-2016, 11:18 AM
Most people seem to be on the side of "don't change the 3-5-2, it's working" but is it? We narrowly beat out Chicago with it. Sure, it was the first game playing in the formation but it was by no means flawless. For the next three games, maybe it just happened to work well tactically against the two teams we faced and their style of play. On a goals/minute stat, I'd imagine that we have a much higher scoring rate with 3 forwards on vs 2. As a counterpoint to that however, you could imagine that having fresh legs is also a factor as I don't think we've played with 3 forwards any earlier than from the 60th minute.

My other club team is Juventus and they brought back the 3-5-2 about 4 years ago with Antonio Conte (who is know the coach of Chelsea who plays a 3-4-3). This is what I wrote in the post match thread and why I feel they need to change the formation against a team like Montreal that set up to be compact and hit on the counter quickly...

"After thinking about this game, I realized where I seen this play out before... I am a Juve fan and they play a 3-5-2 and they struggle with teams that play very compact and only come at you on the counter. When you play against a team that plays 4-3-3 you can't play with 3 CB as the get too isolated especially with their speed. Also, the midfielder's need to play a two way game and both Cooper and Osorio didn't have it last night, which in turn left Bradely having to cover way too much ground. The wing backs were very rarely in the right position which caused the formation to become too unbalanced and opened up holes that Montreal exploited.

Kudos on Montreal having an excellent tactical plan and executing it. IMO TFC needs to play 4-2-3-1 against a team like Montreal with Johnson and Bradley holding mids. Seba Cooper Ricketts in the attacking midfield and Jozy upfront."

To expand on the midfielder's roles in a 3-5-2 you have Bradley sitting deep to initiate the plays and to provide support to the defense. Osorio and Cooper need to be box to box covering defensively and push forward when in attack. Think of Marchisio, Vidal or Pogba (Juve version not Man U version) incredible engines, but diligent enough not be caught to high up on the counter. Against teams that want to play possession based think anyone except Montreal or (Colorado maybe) this formation works as you can stretch the gaps to provide lanes between the mid and defense to get Seba or Jozy in positions to attack. Where as Montreal plays essentially with 2 defensive midfielders who sit in front of the defense and the third midfielder is a box to box, but extremely cautious going forward, their job is to clough the middle of the park. The wing backs need to be aware of the defensive responsibility and positionaly aware that if they see the mids deep in the attacking third to pull back to ensure we won't be caught on the break like we did. Where as against teams like Philly or NYFC we can play this way.

Also, if you notice Montreal's break is a diagonal ball to the other side of the pitch and then due to the midfielders not tracking back you leave the defenders exposed. which was what happened on the first 2 goals and on the 3rd goal the midfielders were so high up the pitch that it left Bradley in no mans land he couldn't foul him as it would have been a yellow and suspended for this leg.

Initial B
11-24-2016, 11:19 AM
That wasn't grass, that was synthetic carpet with a 1cm pile dyed green with substandard underpadding over concrete. :prrr:

GhostKiller
11-24-2016, 11:25 AM
What about the matchup of Oduro and Hagglund? That's a glaring mismatch. For some reason Hagglund can't stay on his feet and is too lanky to get the speed to stop Oduro. Also, that positional awareness....is no good.

Rudi
11-24-2016, 11:51 AM
Og, it's not true - show us what the US networks motivation is around the start time on Nov 30. (http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/x-apple-data-detectors://1) There is nothing...
ESPN had been interested in moving some playoff games to midweek as their numbers suggested that it could prove successful for them. The Grey Cup issue was a good reason to do it, and the U.S. ratings showed that it may have been a good idea despite featuring two Canadian teams.

If anything, the relatively good ratings south of the border could lead to more midweek playoff matches across the board next year.

cmonyoureds
11-24-2016, 12:27 PM
Anybody know if MTL has managed to fill out the away support section yet?

Carter
11-24-2016, 12:31 PM

That's comforting.....
http://www.empireofsoccer.com/bolivian-fa-president-lopez-blasts-pro-ref-jair-marrufo-49395/

Capt.Cro
11-24-2016, 12:50 PM
That's comforting.....
http://www.empireofsoccer.com/bolivian-fa-president-lopez-blasts-pro-ref-jair-marrufo-49395/

I’m taking the optimistic approach to this one in hoping that he’s… made up for his shortcomings(?) in the last 6 months and has… earned(?) to ref this match?

Never had a great opinion of MLS refs to begin with unfortunately.

CBTFC
11-24-2016, 01:06 PM
That wasn't grass, that was synthetic carpet with a 1cm pile dyed green with substandard underpadding over concrete. :prrr:

In other words, shite. I can't remember the last time I've seen a soccer ball bounce so much. It was pretty bad.

KidA
11-24-2016, 01:08 PM
Not sure if it really matters but I took a look at formations through the regular season. Majority of the time MTL plays a 4-2-3-1. When they've lost their opposition has played the same formation of 4-2-3-1 including our win against them in the Canadian Championship. I wrote out the formations for all their games along with scores for those interested. Their record playing 4-2-3-1 is 8-7-8. Take this all with a grain of salt.

cmonyoureds
11-24-2016, 01:30 PM

At least it ain't Toledo.
Thank everything that is good and holy that it ain't Toledo.

rockxlee
11-24-2016, 02:14 PM
looks like its raining the day of the game. Anyone know if its going to rain during the game? I got tickets in the temp stands, but I don't know if I want to be in the cold rain.

cmonyoureds
11-24-2016, 02:16 PM
looks like its raining the day of the game. Anyone know if its going to rain during the game? I got tickets in the temp stands, but I don't know if I want to be in the cold rain.

You want to be in the cold rain, if necessary.

charlieocc
11-24-2016, 02:18 PM
Oh Toronto,
We love you so,
We sing for you NO MATTER RAIN OR SNOW

Biggest game in club history. Rain never killed anybody.

trane
11-24-2016, 02:27 PM
The issue was not the formation, but how we were playing. we were caught flat footed, we have to come out concentrated and ready from second one.

You have to keep compact, and keep shape, the mids cannot leave too much space between them and the backline, and the full backs cannot sit too far up when we are without the ball. That is what we need to do, not change formation.

You stick to the formation that got you there, you just adjust accordingly. You still play 3 at the back, you just ask the wing backs to sit back and the three mids to space out properly and keep proper shape. It should look like a 5-3-2 when defending, transitioning to a 3-5-2 in attack. We just need to play the disciplined counter attacking football we did against NYFC and we will win and go through.

The only other thing that I would consider, is instead of playing the three mids, like CM-DM-CM, with the DM sitting back, I would play two like DM-CM-DM, allowing one of the DMs to push up while the other holds back. That trys to avoid what happened on the second goal, when Giovionco gave away the ball, and Bradley was at the same level, which allowed Oneyaga to get on top of the back three that quickly.

But swithcing to palying two CBs when you have been playing 3 in such an imporanat game is asking for trouble. I think people just do not like the idea of the 3 at the back and look for reasons to get out of it.

Carter
11-24-2016, 02:27 PM
I’m taking the optimistic approach to this one in hoping that he’s… made up for his shortcomings(?) in the last 6 months and has… earned(?) to ref this match?

Never had a great opinion of MLS refs to begin with unfortunately.

Pretty sure there is a rule that MLS refs are only able to hate on 1 team per year.... http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/the-full-90/article74237777.html

trane
11-24-2016, 02:28 PM
Oh Toronto,
We love you so,
We sing for you NO MATTER RAIN OR SNOW

Biggest game in club history. Rain never killed anybody.

I am pretty sure that rain has killed a person or two. You know storms, floods, lightning ect. . Just saying.

TheGoodson
11-24-2016, 02:34 PM
The issue was not the formation, but how we were playing. we were caught flat footed, we have to come out concentrated and ready from second one.

You have to keep compact, and keep shape, the mids cannot leave too much space between them and the backline, and the full backs cannot sit too far up when we are without the ball. That is what we need to do, not change formation.

You stick to the formation that got you there, you just adjust accordingly. You still play 3 at the back, you just ask the wing backs to sit back and the three mids to space out properly and keep proper shape. It should look like a 5-3-2 when defending, transitioning to a 3-5-2 in attack. We just need to play the disciplined counter attacking football we did against NYFC and we will win and go through.

The only other thing that I would consider, is instead of playing the three mids, like CM-DM-CM, with the DM sitting back, I would play two like DM-CM-DM, allowing one of the DMs to push up while the other holds back. That trys to avoid what happened on the second goal, when Giovionco gave away the ball, and Bradley was at the same level, which allowed Oneyaga to get on top of the back three that quickly.

But swithcing to palying two CBs when you have been playing 3 in such an imporanat game is asking for trouble. I think people just do not like the idea of the 3 at the back and look for reasons to get out of it.

The problem was the last game it wasn't actually as you stated how it should work. Against teams that will sit and bunker, I do not think that the majority of MLS players can figure out the spacing and have tactical acumen to stick with the plan. Against teams that want to keep possession and not just defend yes this system works perfectly. Again, I will use Juve as an example even they have issues playing against 3 forwards when a team bunkers and only wants to counter. I have watched that struggle for 3 years now.

cmonyoureds
11-24-2016, 02:34 PM
I am pretty sure that rain has killed a person or two. You know storms, floods, lightning ect. . Just saying.

In that case, Toronto Till I Die, possibly Wednesday.
:drinking:

Capt.Cro
11-24-2016, 02:40 PM
Pretty sure there is a rule that MLS refs are only able to hate on 1 team per year.... http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/the-full-90/article74237777.html

Oh good we’re safe, thankfully the MLS has a rule for everything. Or maybe he just hates blue, in which case it still works for us.

TFC Tifoso
11-24-2016, 02:55 PM

The problem was the last game it wasn't actually as you stated how it should work. Against teams that will sit and bunker, I do not think that the majority of MLS players can figure out the spacing and have tactical acumen to stick with the plan. Against teams that want to keep possession and not just defend yes this system works perfectly. Again, I will use Juve as an example even they have issues playing against 3 forwards when a team bunkers and only wants to counter. I have watched that struggle for 3 years now.

I think the 3 of us all watch Serie A, so we know what Juve looks like in the 3-5-2 and the pros and cons of it.

TheGoodson is right in the sense that they struggle with countering teams that play 3 in the front, but the point Trane is making and that I think he is bang on with is that regardless of who you are playing, 1 of 2 thinks need to happen defensively in the 3-5-2, and that is....
1) Your wing backs have to be responsible enough defensively to know that the threat of the counter is always there and to consider it accordingly when attacking.
2) If the WB does get caught attacking, the RCM and LCM need to acknowledge that in the attack and provide cover should the WB get caught too far up.

Neither happened on Tuesday. I found that the WBs, Beitashour especially, got caught up field many times, and Cooper/Osorio could not cover for them (not surprising, as neither is great defensively).....it left a highway for Montreal to run at our CBs.

I like trane's idea of having a DM-CM-DM being Bradley-Osorio-Johnson, but my only concern in using it specifically in Leg 2 is that it would be too defensive considering we need to be on the front foot and score next week.

burlington Red
11-24-2016, 03:11 PM

Montreal will sit back and invite us to open them up in this game, if any team will be playing disciplined counter attacking football it will be them. They will let us have possession knowing their two best outlets are Piatti on one side and Oduro on the other. They'll let us keep the ball until a move breaks down then bang, try and hit us on the break. We will need to play smart and wait for the right time to play the pass that carves them open. I felt in last match, Bradley was a bit to quick to play the direct ball to Seba. Couple of times it found its mark but more often that not it didn't. NYCFC had to come at us in 2nd leg, Montreal don't, unless we score very early. I'm sure Vanney will be working on this in training. I like your DM-CM-DM call, as anytime Bradley lost possession in their half we were wide open for the counter. I feel Johnson will come in, he offers Bradley protection, plus he can mix it up physically, something that was severely lacking in our mid in 1st leg.
We mustn't panic and try and get the ball in quickly, need to stay calm as chances will be made that way. The crowd will be keen for us to shoot and play the early killer pass but hopefully we stay relaxed and take our time.Once we score the tide is turned in this game....

charlieocc
11-24-2016, 05:33 PM
Ok guys. Key question here. Do you start Will Johnson over Cooper on Wednesday?

molenshtain
11-24-2016, 05:33 PM
No. I'd start him over Osorio.

Hamilton_Red
11-24-2016, 06:58 PM
Johnson starts for me - Osorio on the bench. Stopping them scoring first is crucial...if Piatti pops up early and they go 4-2 on aggregate...it will be a big hill to climb. Altidore and Giovinco will score.

DinamoTFC
11-24-2016, 07:11 PM
I'm thinking same lineup that got us the 2 goals last game. We need to be tough in thr middle. The goal will come. Let Ricketts Altidore and Seba run havoc.

DinamoTFC
11-24-2016, 07:18 PM
Seba also needs to get his free kick boots on. Montréal is repeatedly giving us free kicks near the box last gsme and unfortunately Seba was on an off game. There will.be plenty more next game and he needs to convert one.

ensco
11-24-2016, 07:53 PM
I go with Cooper, and I'll bet Vanney isn't even thinking about this.

It's not just for stability/habit reasons.

Cooper can create more than Johnson can.

We are trailing. You don't make defensive subs at halftime.

ensco
11-24-2016, 08:08 PM
I see what happened in Game 1 as partly about the turf (our guys hate it) and partly a continuation of the late August game at BMO (over the two games, they really shut us down totally for 160 minutes)

We broke through by gambling a bit and overwhelming them in the box. We were incredibly lucky, scoring on the only two chances we got.

We need lots more of that action in the box. I don't agree that Morrow and Beitashour/Bloom need to be more careful. Montreal's defending is their achilles heel. Ciman especially can be had, I would especially want to try to get Seba running right at him with FBs and Altidore all as distractions/options.

Fortune favours the bold.

We also need Irwin to make a save. He could have had the first and third goals.

Ossington Mental Youth
11-24-2016, 10:36 PM

Got some on my Instagram account @riot_on_the_terraces

stevep
11-24-2016, 10:54 PM
I see what happened in Game 1 as partly about the turf (our guys hate it) and partly a continuation of the late August game at BMO (over the two games, they really shut us down totally for 160 minutes)

We broke through by gambling a bit and overwhelming them in the box. We were incredibly lucky, scoring on the only two chances we got.

We need lots more of that action in the box. I don't agree that Morrow and Beitashour/Bloom need to be more careful. Montreal's defending is their achilles heel. Ciman especially can be had, I would especially want to try to get Seba running right at him with FBs and Altidore all as distractions/options.

Fortune favours the bold.

We also need Irwin to make a save. He could have had the first and third goals.

i am terrified every time the opponent takes a shot on us with this goalie

reggie
11-24-2016, 11:02 PM
is Delgado injured?

The Irishman
11-24-2016, 11:08 PM
i am terrified every time the opponent takes a shot on us with this goalie

Oh will you stop. Yes, he should have had the third goal but overall he's a decent keeper in a league where there is very few. He commands his box pretty well, good game management and technically good with his feet and shotstopping.

red-o
11-24-2016, 11:16 PM
is Delgado injured?
Haven't heard so, but with Cheyrou, Johnson a given - Endoh and Delgado are fighting for a spot, nice to have this depth!

Captain
11-24-2016, 11:24 PM
Haven't heard so, but with Cheyrou, Johnson a given - Endoh and Delgado are fighting for a spot, nice to have this depth!
Yes Tuesday night one of the on air guys said that Endoh was on the bench because Delgado was injured.

Red CB Toronto
11-24-2016, 11:44 PM
Up to date TFC playoff statistics

Toronto FC Playoff Statistics - Individual

Name
GP
GS
MIN
G
A

Giovinco, Sebastian

Altidore, Jozy

Osario, Jonathan

Ricketts, Tosaint

Bradley, Michael

Moor, Drew

Zavaleta, Eriq

Hagglund, Nick

Cooper, Armando

Morrow, Justin

Beitashour, Steve

Irwin, Clint

Cheyrou, Benoit

Johnson, Will

Delgado, Marco

Bloom, Mark

UpTheReds
11-25-2016, 08:56 AM
Is anyone else resting their vocal cords this week? If I can still talk on Thursday I will have failed. Every day is one day closer at this point! Believe everyone, and pass that belief on to the boys on Wednesday when we make a living hell for the Impact!!!

Lennon
11-25-2016, 10:04 AM
I don't know about you guys but this is the MLS Cup final for me. When else are we going to get to play our biggest rival on a bigger stage? The only bigger game we could play them in is the CCL semi/final when Canada gets another team in there, and that's a long way from happening.

TFC1154ever
11-25-2016, 02:48 PM
Does anyone know if away goals rule continues if it goes to extra time or not? I know in Champions league it does.

A Stick
11-25-2016, 02:50 PM
Does anyone know if away goals rule continues if it goes to extra time or not? I know in Champions league it does. No that rule is out the window once extra time starts.

Suds
11-25-2016, 03:36 PM
arghh!! is it Wednesday yet?!?!

Joe Kool
11-25-2016, 04:16 PM
arghh!! is it Wednesday yet?!?!

Gotta enjoy the weekend first. Since I am getting closer to being an old fart I find time flies faster and faster. No need to rush it. :)

vortexdr
11-25-2016, 04:28 PM
No that rule is out the window once extra time starts.

Really? Wow....Only in MLS....mickey mouse rules

leafsman
11-25-2016, 04:32 PM
It shouldn't count in Europe either, why does one team get more time to get an away goal. Call it home field advantage to have extra time at home.

DinamoTFC
11-25-2016, 04:42 PM

It's actually a very stupid rule. Why should one team get extra advantage post 90 minutes. In this case montreal would have an advantage over us for absolutely no good reason.

Initial B
11-25-2016, 10:09 PM
I go with Cooper, and I'll bet Vanney isn't even thinking about this.

It's not just for stability/habit reasons.

Cooper can create more than Johnson can.

We are trailing. You don't make defensive subs at halftime.

I think I'd go with the same lineup except replace Cooper with Johnson. Cooper can sub on and work his CONCACAF hoodoo on Montreal. I'd bring Ricketts off the bench in the 65th minute to provide spark if TFC is trailing.

Hamilton_Red
11-25-2016, 11:36 PM
Really? Wow....Only in MLS....mickey mouse rules. No it's UEFa that is Mickey Mouse on this. MLS rule is sensible.

Red CB Toronto
11-26-2016, 12:45 AM
After a few days of recovery, even though I am excited for next Wednesday I still can't believe what happened prior to kickoff in Montreal. How someone could not know how to measure is beyond disbelieve, truly has left me shaking my head still four days later. By the way the second leg can't come soon enough, I truly believe December 10th is in the cards.

http://wpmedia.news.nationalpost.com/2016/11/soc_mls_tfc_impact_20161122.jpg?quality=65&strip=all

MightyDM
11-26-2016, 07:07 AM
Not sure if it really matters but I took a look at formations through the regular season. Majority of the time MTL plays a 4-2-3-1. When they've lost their opposition has played the same formation of 4-2-3-1 including our win against them in the Canadian Championship. I wrote out the formations for all their games along with scores for those interested. Their record playing 4-2-3-1 is 8-7-8. Take this all with a grain of salt.

We cant play a 4-2-3-1. We have to have a "2" up front. I favour a 4-4-2 variation with Johnson essentially coming in for Hagglund and Mark Bloom for Beitshour.

MightyDM
11-26-2016, 07:10 AM

In that case it would be Bradley - Johnson and Oso . That makes sense too, but I think Beitashour should be replaced by Bloom. He has been caught out of position a lot and the second goal was all him.

MightyDM
11-26-2016, 07:12 AM

the contrasting won loss record is hilarious.

MightyDM
11-26-2016, 07:16 AM
Ok guys. Key question here. Do you start Will Johnson over Cooper on Wednesday?

yes, or Hagglund

MightyDM
11-26-2016, 07:16 AM
No. I'd start him over Osorio.

Go back and look at Coopers role in the third goal.

Rene Kingsriver
11-26-2016, 07:54 AM

No MLS has it right, why should the away team have the inherent advantage of 30 extra minutes to score a goal

molenshtain
11-26-2016, 08:01 AM
Go back and look at Coopers role in the third goal.

look at Oso's role in the second.

He's also not gonna do more than Cooper to help break them down.

MightyDM
11-26-2016, 08:39 AM
look at Oso's role in the second.

He's also not gonna do more than Cooper to help break them down.

Just watched it. Nothing to do with him. It was two mistakes by Beitashour and one by Hagglund. And he's the third leading goal scorer in the playoffs. His possession close control and incisive passing are exactly what the club needs to break down a bunkering team. He has also been exceptional in the playoffs, except for the game on concrete - unlike, for example, Beitashour.

molenshtain
11-26-2016, 09:22 AM
Just watched it. Nothing to do with him. It was two mistakes by Beitashour and one by Hagglund. And he's the third leading goal scorer in the playoffs. His possession close control and incisive passing are exactly what the club needs to break down a bunkering team. He has also been exceptional in the playoffs, except for the game on concrete - unlike, for example, Beitashour.

Sorry I got the goals mixed up in my head. I meant the first. His pressing and positioning are all over the place on that one. Either have to press Camara or be in a position to cut off the lane to Bernier, he did neither.

MightyDM
11-26-2016, 10:31 AM
Sorry I got the goals mixed up in my head. I meant the first. His pressing and positioning are all over the place on that one. Either have to press Camara or be in a position to cut off the lane to Bernier, he did neither.

Fair enough. I am going to watch the whole game again as I am quite worried about Wednesday. Vanney needs to change things in some way.

ensco
11-26-2016, 11:37 AM
Weather gods are smiling.

There has not been as much rain these past few days as was forecast, meaning that the cover/drainage won't be severely tested, practices probably haven't hurt the pitch, and the pitch is almost certainly not soggy for Grey Cup.

Wednesday forecast is getting better each day as game day approaches. Now showing high of 11 for Wednesday, with a chance of rain, so probably 7 degrees or something at gametime, which is warmer than NYCFC game was.

Hamilton_Red
11-26-2016, 12:23 PM
Thinking about this a bit more. Cooper has been a great loanee and has filled in well to cover for Johnson's injury. I'm not sure he has fully gelled with the other team members yet. That's why on our home pitch on grass - with groundskeepers that take pride on the best pitch in North America, against our hated Canadian rivals in a do or die match....I'd go with our Canadians. Start Johnson and Osorio - they know the stakes - they will give everything they have to get the win. Cooper off the bench as needed.

Red CB Toronto
11-27-2016, 01:01 AM
A Santa, a guy throwing up double guns and a shirtless guy walk into a bar...what happens next I am not sure ( :

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyPNtwrWIAAGmD5.jpg:large

ronzilla
11-27-2016, 09:08 AM
I'm expecting to see the team play with a sense of urgency right from kick off, although we need a flawless performance from the back line. Conceding the first goal would be catastrophic. Lets not even go there.

Hope to see Johnson start.

3-1 for the good guys.

Oldtimer
11-27-2016, 09:20 AM
Thinking about this a bit more. Cooper has been a great loanee and has filled in well to cover for Johnson's injury. I'm not sure he has fully gelled with the other team members yet. That's why on our home pitch on grass - with groundskeepers that take pride on the best pitch in North America, against our hated Canadian rivals in a do or die match....I'd go with our Canadians. Start Johnson and Osorio - they know the stakes - they will give everything they have to get the win. Cooper off the bench as needed.

Fully agree with you here. A 3-4-2-1 formation like the end of last game would also help. We need a goal, but also need to be intelligent about when to take our chances.

OgtheDim
11-27-2016, 11:30 AM
I know everybody on here knows this but if you know anybody who's coming in after 6:30 tell them this please:

WALK AROUND AND USE THE WAY LESS BUSY SOUTH END ENTRANCES

Would be great to have as many people in their seats at 7 as can get there.

I fully expect people to still be funnelling in around 715.

flatpicker
11-27-2016, 11:36 AM
I know everybody on here knows this but if you know anybody who's coming in after 6:30 tell them this please:

Access to BMO has been super slow recently, even in the South.
It would be nice if they hired extra staff for this game.

denime
11-27-2016, 11:49 AM

Excpect south to be busy this time . temporary seats will create extra crowd and confusion

flatpicker
11-27-2016, 12:39 PM
Excpect south to be busy this time . temporary seats will create extra crowd and confusion

Yup.

GET THERE EARLY!

OgtheDim
11-27-2016, 12:59 PM
Yes but everybody gets off the GO, streetcar, comes in from Liberty through the tunnel etc. and tries to get in through the North East. After 6:30, that is going to be a mess. The South can't be worse then that.

As flatpicker said...

GET THERE EARLY!

SING THERE OFTEN!

Edit: Kickoff time is 7:10 apparently.

flatpicker
11-27-2016, 06:25 PM
With Seattle winning their series, this game has gone from huge to fu**ing colossal!
My god, my nerves are a mess thinking about Wednesday.

UpTheReds
11-27-2016, 06:51 PM
In the tie after our worst performance, over capacity crowd at home, now the chance to HOST the cup final! It's all there for us lads! If I'm a TFC player I'm tearing down walls Wednesday to get a result! Go out and take it boys! Come on!!!

General Woolfe
11-27-2016, 06:52 PM
Watching the Grey Cup right now and I cant help but notice there's a lot of paint on the field. I hope were not reduced to cans of green spray paint to get rid of them in time for Wednesday.

Gringo Starr
11-27-2016, 06:57 PM
I'm more worried about the divots than the paint

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
11-27-2016, 07:08 PM
I'm more worried about the divots than the paint

Divots flying everywhere..and its only 1st quarter...but it would of been a disaster if it raining

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
11-27-2016, 07:11 PM
Ive never seen bmo so dead......wait till weds night!! Lol

Gringo Starr
11-27-2016, 07:17 PM
Flying indeed, If anything though all the extra paint will help when figuring out which piece of grass goes where

Funny TFC fans concerned for the pitch giving Grey Cup ratings a boost

Redcoe15
11-27-2016, 07:20 PM
VICTORY FROM THE LADS, WEDNESDAY NIGHT! WHAT ELSE IS THERE?

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!! :flare::drum::scarf::drum: :flare:

Eleven
11-27-2016, 07:45 PM
https://twitter.com/PCarrESPN/status/803005062838677509

Oldtimer
11-27-2016, 11:16 PM
With Seattle winning their series, this game has gone from huge to fu**ing colossal!
My god, my nerves are a mess thinking about Wednesday.

Going to be hard to sleep till then.

Lennon
11-28-2016, 10:29 AM
Bookies have TFC as huge favorites @ 1.60. $100 bet would win you $60. This translates to approximately 60% TFC win.

RealG-TFC
11-28-2016, 11:43 AM
Bookies have TFC as huge favorites @ 1.60. $100 bet would win you $60. This translates to approximately 60% TFC win.

I know very little when it comes to betting but wouldn’t 100 x 1.60 = 160?

GhostKiller
11-28-2016, 11:59 AM
I know very little when it comes to betting but wouldn’t 100 x 1.60 = 160?
Ya total winnings is 160. Less 100 for your bet, you would win 60.

OgtheDim
11-28-2016, 12:49 PM
After the last month, pardon me if I don't care two figs about the supposed odds on anything.

Just win.

Soccer Mum
11-28-2016, 12:54 PM
Currently, as it stands Montreal leads the best of 2 series, 1-0 presented by Pizza pizza.

We just need to win 1-0 and we are good. So excited!!!!!

Go TFC go!!!

Cuppy
11-28-2016, 02:32 PM
Was just at work when Blitzkrieg Bop came over the radio and I literally started to lose my shit with excitement for Wednesdays match. Staff from all areas of the production floor were enquiring if the boss was okay with majority whom know me stating that this is normal and he was probably having a typical TFC moment. So f:ckn stoked for Wednesday to arrive.
As well I would love to see chants of EH O Let's Go be chanted well before kick off.
TFC till I die and I'm still breathing

ryan
11-28-2016, 05:10 PM
current weather update shows rain during the day Wednesday, ending before kickoff. breezy 10 degrees going down to 8 by end of game.

at least it's not gonna be too cold.

UpTheReds
11-28-2016, 06:23 PM
Vanney said today they think the pitch is in better than shape than expected. Apparently no one even mentioned the prospect of hosting the final at the training ground today which is good. The boys seem to be in the right frame of mind.

flatpicker
11-28-2016, 07:20 PM
This picture sums up my feelings heading into game day.

http://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Pao.jpeg

OgtheDim
11-28-2016, 10:09 PM
So lots of publicity out there saying be in seats by 6:20 or so for something special.

jeff.b
11-28-2016, 10:14 PM
Thanks for posting this OgtheDim, coming in from out of town for the game I'd likely have missed this ... now I'll be sure to be there for 6:20

Is it ̶C̶h̶r̶i̶s̶t̶m̶a̶s̶ err Wednesday yet :flare:

flatpicker
11-28-2016, 10:38 PM
So lots of publicity out there saying be in seats by 6:20 or so for something special.

They said the same thing about the last home game.
Was there something special going on that time?

molenshtain
11-28-2016, 10:42 PM
They said the same thing about the last home game.
Was there something special going on that time?

There was a Tifo that was supposed to be rigged but didn't make it up because of the wind.

Inebriatti posted something advising people to buy white streamers for a pre game tifo. I assume the advisory notice and their post are connected.

charlieocc
11-28-2016, 11:03 PM
There was a Tifo that was supposed to be rigged but didn't make it up because of the wind.

Inebriatti posted something advising people to buy white streamers for a pre game tifo. I assume the advisory notice and their post are connected.

I've also seen USec and Kings (I think) tweeting people to bring a TON of streamers

OgtheDim
11-29-2016, 06:52 AM
All I'm going to say on this is the whole "I'm going to show up just at 7 thing" tomorrow night ain't going to cut it.

Get your ass in there people. One night...ur routine can change for one night.

Yes, its going to rain. But loud and proud before the game is needed. :scarf:

InDa_110
11-29-2016, 07:18 AM
All I'm going to say on this is the whole "I'm going to show up just at 7 thing" tomorrow night ain't going to cut it.

A very big : THIS!!!!!

Of all your 10,237 posts, this is the first one I completely agree with and support! (Better late than never!) Cheers!

denime
11-29-2016, 08:28 AM
i've also seen usec and kings (i think) tweeting people to bring a ton of streamers

all i'm going to say on this is the whole "i'm going to show up just at 7 thing" tomorrow night ain't going to cut it.

get your ass in there people-at least by 6:30pm(fixed) one night...ur routine can change for one night.

this 100% !!!!!!

EL DUQUE'----'
11-29-2016, 09:13 AM
One more sleep....I'll be there around 6:00...have a beer... Soak in the atmosphere and enjoy the fact that we have been waiting for a day like this for 10 years...

Don Julio
11-29-2016, 09:19 AM
One more sleep....I'll be there around 6:00...have a beer... Soak in the atmosphere and enjoy the fact that we have been waiting for a day like this for 10 years...

I'm so excited for this I'm going to do all my pre-drinking at the field. I'd go now if I could. Absolutely the biggest moment for me in my sports fandom career.

backbeat
11-29-2016, 09:54 AM
i've always acted as if the game started 30 minutes before the stated time - many have said 'oh we can't all do that' but if the actual time was 30 minutes earlier you would aim for it and those that get there 20 minutes after the game starts would be there 10 minutes before - seems pretty simple to me.

at any rate i'll be in my seat by 6:30 at the latest - i can't wait!

CBTFC
11-29-2016, 09:58 AM

The friend in our group who secured the tickets for us in the temp grandstand, is also the one friend who lives in Lorne Park/Clarkson, and probably the worst out of all of us when it comes to time management. He's rarely on time for any occasion we meet up for, and all of us insisted we all get emailed the PDF's to our tickets before this past weekend.

For me it works out perfect, take the GO train back downtown from work and arrive at Exhibition at 6pm. An hour to go for a little walk around the stadium, get inside, enjoy the pre game warmup and atmosphere.

The nervous reality of tomorrow night is slowly starting to sink in. Just going in with a cautiously optimistic attitude, and may the best team win...aka, us ;) :p

cmonyoureds
11-29-2016, 10:32 AM

Thanks for the heads up.
Having said that............... 6:20 seems a little late to be getting to my seat for a game of this magnitude........ :flare::drum::scarf:

flatpicker
11-29-2016, 11:15 AM
Well, I teach until 6pm.
I'll do my best to kick students out early.

Seanscape
11-29-2016, 11:55 AM
It's going to be a shit show getting through liberty tunnel.

denime
11-29-2016, 12:58 PM
It's going to be a shit show getting through liberty tunnel.

Get there hour before the game and no worries,after the game is different story all together,but if we win I'm sure no one will care about liberty tunnel.

Phil
11-29-2016, 01:03 PM
I took the day off and right now I am jumpy at work.

Captain
11-29-2016, 02:31 PM
Now that we're getting so close to game day, I'm really getting psyched. I was happy this morning to open the Metro and see a TFC related article but the content has sent me reeling all day. What are the odds that TFC can break history? Panic is beginning to set in. Damn we have to beat Montreal. It would hurt too much not to.

English Rachel
11-29-2016, 02:43 PM
I couldn't sleep last night.. I have tomorrow afternoon off too - is anyone meeting a bit earlier at Joe's?

lintberg
11-29-2016, 02:52 PM
I know, I'm feeling so nervous and excited about the match. 1 more sleep!!!

denime
11-29-2016, 03:04 PM
I'm working overtime today and I will work an extra hour tomorrow,I'm hoping staying busy will take my mind of the game.

I'm trying to be :fluffy:,but inside my head is all :willy_nilly:

Seanscape
11-29-2016, 03:19 PM
Yep going to hit up those $5 dafts till kickoff lol

Redcoe15
11-29-2016, 04:29 PM
Dang! Wish I was there tomorrow. But I'll be there on the 10th after the Reds beat the L'impact!

DinamoTFC
11-29-2016, 05:08 PM
this 100% !!!!!!

Repost!!!!!! Do it everyone!!!

molenshtain
11-29-2016, 05:09 PM
About to embark on another bus trip back to toronto, the third of these playoffs. God willing it's not the last, but I'll sure be glad when this is over.

Wouldn't miss this for the world though. Come on you boys in red!

Oldtimer
11-29-2016, 05:16 PM
I keep having two versions of the game go through my head. In the first version TFC scores two goals, Montreal is can't manage an effective offense, and TFC wins 2-0. BMO Field goes wild!

In my second nightmare version, Montreal scores first, in the 85th minute, we tie it up, then in injury time Giovinco gets a free kick... and misses. The clock runs out and we lose on aggregate. Montreal celebrates in front of us. We feel (as Howard Cosell ised to say) "the agony of defeat."

The two competing versions keep playing through my head over and over. I need Wednesday to come fast! Hopefully we can all feel good about whatever happens.

The fact is TFC has done very well and there is always an element of chance in the end.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
11-29-2016, 05:26 PM
I keep having two versions of the game go through my head. In the first version TFC scores two goals, Montreal is can't manage an effective offense, and TFC wins 2-0. BMO Field goes wild!

In my second nightmare version, Montreal scores first, in the 85th minute, we tie it up, then in injury time Giovinco gets a free kick... and misses. The clock runs out and we lose on aggregate. Montreal celebrates in front of us. We feel (as Howard Cosell ised to say) "the agony of defeat."

The two competing versions keep playing through my head over and over. I need Wednesday to come fast! Hopefully we can all feel good about whatever happens.

The fact is TFC has done very well and there is always an element of chance in the end.

I had the same vision last night on your version #2....

But Seba curved the ball....and the fucking crowed went absolutly nutters!!!!!

See you on the 10th!!! :flare:

Plus..theres no feeling good about whatever happens....its win.....or biggest let down you will have ever felt in your lives....cant have it both ways!!

2-1 TFC Seba free kick puts us into the promise land!!

molenshtain
11-29-2016, 07:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_NT4H8AKPw

Casey showing us some love before tomorrow night

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
11-29-2016, 07:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_NT4H8AKPw

Casey showing us some love before tomorrow night

I sat beside cassey this season ... Hes a big tfc supporter

molenshtain
11-29-2016, 07:19 PM
I sat beside cassey this season ... Hes a big tfc supporter

I was unaware of that. Good to hear though - we need as many high profile supporters in this city as we can get.

Brodzo
11-29-2016, 07:45 PM
Get in there early! No questions asked! My friends and I are looking to march?! Where do we meet up? Will they confiscate streamers at the gates?

OgtheDim
11-29-2016, 08:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsSy510CykU

Auzzy
11-29-2016, 08:16 PM
Oh so sad, I missed my chance to ask ChrisFizik for an autograph. Now he's too famous & ain't gonna have time for that.

https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/803765033041698816

Nice video!

EDIT: Fark, too slow, OtD beat me to it. :D

MightyDM
11-29-2016, 08:29 PM
I couldn't sleep last night.. I have tomorrow afternoon off too - is anyone meeting a bit earlier at Joe's?

oh yes. Oh yes. 430.

EL DUQUE'----'
11-29-2016, 08:30 PM
That's it, I'm going to sleep now...don't care if I wake up at 4:00am?.just means it's GAME DAY

MightyDM
11-29-2016, 08:31 PM
About to embark on another bus trip back to toronto, the third of these playoffs. God willing it's not the last, but I'll sure be glad when this is over.

Wouldn't miss this for the world though. Come on you boys in red!

awesome! You deserve an award. Even if we disagree about Oso. :rolleyes:Shoeless pre game?

molenshtain
11-29-2016, 09:35 PM
awesome! You deserve an award. Even if we disagree about Oso. :rolleyes:Shoeless pre game?

I don't go routinely but yea, Given the enormity of the occasion I figure I'll be there. Provided I arrive on time and my schedule tomorrow goes smoothly. I'll be the one by the bar in a year one scarf, hugging a pitcher far too closely. Feel free to introduce yourself.

denime
11-29-2016, 09:43 PM

this 100% !!!!!!

Repost!!!!!! Do it everyone!!!

Fixed

GuelphStorm2007
11-29-2016, 09:45 PM
Good Luck Tommorow It will not be easy

Blindside16
11-30-2016, 04:19 AM
This night at work is dragging on like crazy. It is now roughly 15 hours to kick off and I can't sit still, my stomach is in knots and I am anxious beyond belief. Game time cannot come fast enough. Like some others I have dreams swirling through my head, bot good and bad. The only thing I know for certain is that by 10pm tonight, my voice will be completely shot. I trust our team and I trust the adjustment in tactics we would have made for tonight. Most of all, I trust in Seba and I trust in us to bring the noise. Lets make tonight a night that we will talk about for ages. COME ON YOU REDS!!!!! :flare::flare::scarf:

Redcoe15
11-30-2016, 05:04 AM
Today is game day!

http://i68.tinypic.com/2z6sdbo.jpg

molenshtain
11-30-2016, 06:05 AM
There a march planned?

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
11-30-2016, 07:26 AM
I think I had 2hrs of sleep all night...stress levels are through the roof...I need a first goal....and Ill need Ems onsite if we go to pk's...

Im nervous as fuk right now...lol

OgtheDim
11-30-2016, 07:31 AM
Can't control a thing. Giving up on trying to.

I'm just going to surf this wave of TFC enjoyment all day.

Days like today don't come around very often for supporters of a team.

Not going to worry...just going to soak it all in and then scream and stomp and shout and clap this evening like there is no tomorrow. :scarf:

cmonyoureds
11-30-2016, 08:07 AM
GAME F*N DAY!!!! WE HAVE ONE JOB:

WALL OF NOISE.

Bring it people.

(positively amped up that they gotta come into OUR building. MAKE. THAT. ADVANTAGE. COUNT.)

Red CB Toronto
11-30-2016, 08:31 AM
I had the greatest sleep. Completely at peace, looking forward to this day. Thought I would be nervous but now completely chilled at an even keel. Knowing I really don't have any control what is going to happen tonight I realized that best thing to do is just go with the flow. Come On You Reds !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 10 Years in the making.

CBTFC
11-30-2016, 08:44 AM
Get in there early! No questions asked!

36,000 heading to BMO Field, another 20,000 heading to ACC for Raptors...throw in the fact that it will be raining and rush hour. It would be fantastic to see, but the stadium won't be full at 7pm.

Capt.Cro
11-30-2016, 08:47 AM
My wife last night, innocently, at around midnight as I'm finally starting to doze off "Hey, honey, aren't you excited about tomorrow? Such a big game!"

On pins and needles. I envy whoever is calm today.

If I wasn't at work since 6am then driving for 4 hours to the game...

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2015-05/5/11/campaign_images/webdr03/18-times-kitty-forman-was-the-sassiest-mom-on-the-2-4501-1430841490-17_dblbig.jpg

TheGoodson
11-30-2016, 08:58 AM
I have been bouncing off the walls since last night...

Is it 7 yet? I can't f@#king wait

Canary10
11-30-2016, 09:38 AM
I woke up at 4:00. Again somewhere around 5:45. Lay in bed nervous. By 6:15 I thought better to try to spend the nervous energy to go for an early morning run before work. First time in months doing that. Now I'm at work and still effing nervous. I don't have the same bad feeling I had before the last game though. I feel confident, but it'll be a nail biter I think.

UpTheReds
11-30-2016, 09:49 AM
This is has been a long time coming for a lot of us who have been there since 2007. I am going to thoroughly enjoy this. I will be gutted if they don't win it but thankful for a tremendous season. Come on lads, get stuck in!!!

stelinelli
11-30-2016, 09:53 AM
So excited I can be a part of this game. I only got into the team these last few years so I can only imagine how some of you who have been here since 2007 must be feeling.

Bit of a N00b question and I've only sat in section 111...I have tickets in section in 117 for todays game, is that usually first come first served general admission or will I be able to get to my seat as labeled on the ticket?

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
11-30-2016, 09:59 AM
10years of Highs 10 years of Lows!!

Has all come down to 1 game that we have all dreamed about..discussed over a few pints along the way...well maybe more then a few :) We have all had a dream on occassion that we would see our reds in a final AT BMO one day..well Lads....This could be the night our dreams come true!

Lets bring the energy tonight....and lets bring our voice..

Some of you may remember this game on the link!! The score line did not matter on this night...the TFC was born!!

https://youtu.be/Q4HaCi9tcgQ

gerrard8
11-30-2016, 09:59 AM
So excited I can be a part of this game. I only got into the team these last few years so I can only imagine how some of you who have been here since 2007 must be feeling.

Bit of a N00b question and I've only sat in section 111...I have tickets in section in 117 for todays game, is that usually first come first served general admission or will I be able to get to my seat as labeled on the ticket?

You should be able to get to your seat. I sit in 117 as well and I'm generally in the vicinity of my seat. :)

Lekoglo
11-30-2016, 10:05 AM
The first and last time i wrote a post was 3 years ago, but I think now is the perfect opportunity to write again.
I can't say that I'm a TFC fan with heart and soul, didn't even got the chance to see many games this season (thanks to the poor TV coverage here and the time difference) but I am completely hyped for this game.
Reflecting on what has happened in the few years since TFC first got my attention, the development of the leaque, the club and mostly the fans is just great to see. Seeing 60.000 people attending a soccer game in North America is absolutely fantastic.
When the game starts it will be 1AM local time, won't get to bed before 3 and have to work tomorrow but that's just so worth it. I wish all the lucky guys who get to experience this firsthand at BMO field a great evening with the right outcome. Make some noise and be aware that you'll be heard by TFC fans all around the world (at least by me, wearing the jersey while sitting in front of the tv screen in the middle of the night :)) who keep their fingers crossed and want to win this da** match!
Best of luck from Germany!:scarf:

julz10
11-30-2016, 10:17 AM
It't game day boys!!!!
Let's goooooooo

Bobo
11-30-2016, 10:27 AM
There a march planned?

Bump.

I think we as supporters might have been underestimating Montreat this week. A win is no easy feat against a team which has looked completely up for it these playoffs. I don't love our chances, but it will be a historic night nonetheless. Still, for anyone who was there or remembers June 18, 2009, this feels like a cakewalk. :D

ensco
11-30-2016, 10:30 AM
The first and last time i wrote a post was 3 years ago, but I think now is the perfect opportunity to write again.
I can't say that I'm a TFC fan with heart and soul, didn't even got the chance to see many games this season (thanks to the poor TV coverage here and the time difference) but I am completely hyped for this game.
Reflecting on what has happened in the few years since TFC first got my attention, the development of the leaque, the club and mostly the fans is just great to see. Seeing 60.000 people attending a soccer game in North America is absolutely fantastic.
When the game starts it will be 1AM (http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/x-apple-data-detectors://1) local time, won't get to bed before 3 and have to work tomorrow but that's just so worth it. I wish all the lucky guys who get to experience this firsthand at BMO field a great evening with the right outcome. Make some noise and be aware that you'll be heard by TFC fans all around the world (at least by me, wearing the jersey while sitting in front of the tv screen in the middle of the night :)) who keep their fingers crossed and want to win this da** match!
Best of luck from Germany!:scarf:

Is the game being carried live by one of the German sports networks?

ManUtd4ever
11-30-2016, 10:31 AM
I am already feeling nervous. So much on the line. A berth in the MLS Cup Final on our own pitch at stake against our most bitter rival.

I can't believe it's within grasp.

ou8jonesy
11-30-2016, 10:32 AM
It's finally here! GAME DAY!!!! I don't know why I'm at work today. Can't think of anything else but tonight. Last night went by fast thanks to taping our show with Bill Manning at the Kia Training Centre. If any of you need help getting through the day take 15 minutes and watch what he had to say.
https://youtu.be/qyhhjCUqPU0

Walms
11-30-2016, 10:37 AM
Im a nervous wreck..... sitting at my desk shaking, laughing, crying, and watching the seconds slowly tick by....

cmonyoureds
11-30-2016, 10:44 AM
Im a nervous wreck..... sitting at my desk shaking, laughing, crying, and watching the seconds slowly tick by....

Sounds normal to me! There's a bit of that going around.

Kewell19
11-30-2016, 10:46 AM
Lets make a history today on and off pitch.

GabrielHurl
11-30-2016, 10:48 AM

Eurosport are carrying it across Europe. It's live on Sky Sports as well

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
11-30-2016, 10:49 AM
Bump.

I think we as supporters might have been underestimating Montreat this week. A win is no easy feat against a team which has looked completely up for it these playoffs. I don't love our chances, but it will be a historic night nonetheless. Still, for anyone who was there or remembers June 18, 2009, this feels like a cakewalk. :D

I truly don't this we as supporters are underestimating Montreal at all....We know what is at stake...and we are the ones behind...we are the ones that have to scratch and claw out of the hole. In saying that....I can't speak for all of us but I feel with our team...our supporters...our home... It's not underestimating a good team. It having confidence in OUR TEAM!! Nobody can stop us when the supporters and team are running on all cylinders. The better team will win tonight and thats TFC!!

Lekoglo
11-30-2016, 10:50 AM

Yes, Eurosport has the rights for the MLS in Germany. Within the regular season they occasionally broadcasted seemingly random matches (only 2 over the whole weekend if I recall corcetly) partly on Eurosport 1 (free of charge) partly on Eurosport 2 (pay-TV). That's why it was nearly impossible to see a TFC game live.
Luckily they show all of the final games live on Eurosport 1, so only the time difference is a problem - and the dilettante layout and commentary. They seem to put no effort in a high quality broadcast, just buy the rights and make money with it...

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
11-30-2016, 10:53 AM
Yes, Eurosport has the rights for the MLS in Germany. Within the regular season they occasionally broadcasted seemingly random matches (only 2 over the whole weekend if I recall corcetly) partly on Eurosport 1 (free of charge) partly on Eurosport 2 (pay-TV). That's why it was nearly impossible to see a TFC game live.
Luckily they show all of the final games live on Eurosport 1, so only the time difference is a problem - and the dilettante layout and commentary. They seem to put no effort in a high quality broadcast, just buy the rights and make money with it...

google mobdro and download it to your phone

you will get every sports channel you can think of all tsn channels and sportsnet including world

Waggy
11-30-2016, 11:02 AM
Eurosport are carrying it across Europe. It's live on Sky Sports as well

Is it?! Fuck! I don't think Sky here has it. At least finding an HD stream shouldn't be tough. Been up since 2am. I feel sick

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
11-30-2016, 11:06 AM
Is it?! Fuck! I don't think Sky here has it. At least finding an HD stream shouldn't be tough. Been up since 2am. I feel sick

SKYSPORTS 3HD has it in UK

http://www.skysports.com/football/toronto-fc-vs-montreal/367932

charlieocc
11-30-2016, 11:08 AM
I'm technically sitting at my desk at work, but I'm barely reading what's on my computer screen. Counting down the hours to my 2:30 pm bus to Toronto...

Initial B
11-30-2016, 11:08 AM
My stomach is in knots this morning. And I have the local soccer club AGM from 7pm-830pm. D'Oh!

Sonny Cheeba
11-30-2016, 11:17 AM
SKYSPORTS 3HD has it in UK

http://www.skysports.com/football/toronto-fc-vs-montreal/367932

yeah sky has been solid for MLS. great streams, and more readily available than TSN

BelfastBoy
11-30-2016, 11:19 AM
If we can get through the first 20 minutes without conceding I believe our superior skill will get the result we need to move on.

Capt.Cro
11-30-2016, 11:21 AM
google mobdro and download it to your phone

you will get every sports channel you can think of all tsn channels and sportsnet including world

Sweet lord, this app is magnificent. I hope I’m not jumping to conclusions but after years of looking for a sports app that works, this seems to have nailed it.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
11-30-2016, 11:26 AM
Sweet lord, this app is magnificent. I hope I’m not jumping to conclusions but after years of looking for a sports app that works, this seems to have nailed it.

I had the same reaction when i was introduced...lol

go buy a chromecast now and stream it all to your TV..lol

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
11-30-2016, 11:28 AM
How many are we expecting on the away section?? The 500 allocation?

Capt.Cro
11-30-2016, 11:32 AM
I had the same reaction when i was introduced...lol

go buy a chromecast now and stream it all to your TV..lol

That’s fully my intention!!!

cmonyoureds
11-30-2016, 11:34 AM
I'm technically sitting at my desk at work, but I'm barely reading what's on my computer screen. Counting down the hours to my 2:30 pm bus to Toronto...

Boss already knows I'm useless today. They're having quite a bit of fun at my expense I must say.

Petor
11-30-2016, 12:01 PM
Standing room - general admission tickets now on sale for $69.

Cuchulain
11-30-2016, 12:03 PM
Definitely nervous about tonight but confident. I'll be wearing my first year RPB scarf and pin for luck. Gonna be as loud as I can! Visualizing myself celebrating after the game to influence a positive outcome! Thinking about those early years tailgates and the celebrating after the few home wins we did get. Today is the culmination of all of those things and more. Think positive and visualize your favourite player scoring. See you all down there!

Red CB Toronto
11-30-2016, 12:04 PM
7 hours until take off, it cant come soon enough !!

shwade
11-30-2016, 12:42 PM
We need to come out swinging. We've come out flat far too often in the first 20-30 mins.

buddies
11-30-2016, 12:53 PM
If I had a request for tonight it would be to hear a rousing rendition of "You'll Never Walk Alone". I'm not a Liverpool or Celtic supporter but if we can do that Viking Icelandic Clap thing nobody can have a problem with the fact that other teams sing it. If we want ATMOSPHERE I have to tell you, everybody knows the lyrics to that song. Nobody else in MLS sings it yet and it makes the hair on the back of your neck stick up when it's sung well. Never mind that ... we're one win away from hosting the MLS Cup. I think the team deserves to know how we feel about them and we need a song that will carry round the park to wind them up ... just saying!

Initial B
11-30-2016, 12:55 PM
Don't come out swinging! That plays right into their counterattack. Come out with possession, purpose and probing for the first quarter hour, take their measure, find their weak spots, then go for the jugular. COYR!

pdubs
11-30-2016, 12:59 PM
Can't wait for tn! Not even really nervous. We have a great team just need to play like we have at home most of the year. Home crowd will def give us the edge. yeaaaaaaa

Auzzy
11-30-2016, 01:00 PM
AAAAAAAAaRRRRRRRRRrGGGGGGGGGgHHHHHHHH!!!!1!1!

PizzaEatingYeti
11-30-2016, 01:10 PM
I'm crazy nervous...

My only real concern is that the boys will want to get this result too much, and because of this will make too many errors.
But is normal conditions we are a much better team, and value should prevail.

I feel a 2-0 TFC. but just after a 0-0 first half.
But in the last 15 minutes we'll be virtually worry free. :megaphone:
Goals around the 60th and 75th minutes!

:scarf:

Auzzy
11-30-2016, 01:41 PM
I don't want to work
I want to bang on the drum all day

https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/804017319341150209

Captain
11-30-2016, 02:01 PM
Can't take it anymore. I stayed off this site all morning trying so hard to get work done. That's it though. I just can't focus anymore. I'm so nervous and tense. My neck has seized right up and I'm getting a headache. OMG we can't lose to Montreal! Montreal has been playing so well though. We need Giovinco to come alive right from the start. Somehow we have to score a couple of quick goals. We've got to shut Piatti's movement down. I need to head down to BMO right now. I don't mind sitting outside the gate.

This post is as scattered as my brain right now.

Donald Duck
11-30-2016, 02:23 PM
10 years and finally we made it to east final. regardless to the result tonight we will walk out proudly after the game. All we need to do now is sit back and wait until the game time.

Don Julio
11-30-2016, 02:31 PM
All we need to do now is sit back and wait until the game time.

Easier said than done.

ensco
11-30-2016, 02:53 PM
I don't want to work
I want to bang on the drum all day

https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/804017319341150209

Look at those concrete blocks anchoring it -that thing is so big it looks like a docked ocean liner

cmonyoureds
11-30-2016, 02:56 PM
Outta here!!!! (work)
Next stop, Shoeless Joe's.

See you kids at the park!

Sonny Cheeba
11-30-2016, 03:00 PM
this will sound as me being hella critical. but can we just "thunderclap" organically? It doesn't need to be timed anymore, people will jump on board with it at any time tonight. It's shitty when people are standing with their hands in the air, not moving and something significant is happening on the pitch.

someone will take this the wrong way no doubt. But I'm not alone in thinking that having it occur at a set minute can get in the way of reacting to what's really going on.

ryan
11-30-2016, 03:19 PM
this will sound as me being hella critical. but can we just "thunderclap" organically? It doesn't need to be timed anymore, people will jump on board with it at any time tonight. It's shitty when people are standing with their hands in the air, not moving and something significant is happening on the pitch.

someone will take this the wrong way no doubt. But I'm not alone in thinking that having it occur at a set minute can get in the way of reacting to what's really going on.

disagree

it will not work the same manner if you just expect people to jump in. by orchestrating it you get everyone's attention and thus more people around the stadium get involved. they'd miss out otherwise if we just did our thing as it would just be part of the noise we do, rather than something that gets your attention immediately.