PDA

View Full Version : Champions League Jersey?

JollyBenjabi
11-16-2016, 11:52 AM
I was wondering about this - since the new rule changes for the CCL and the entry from Canada, I was wondering if Toronto FC will have a special CCL jersey like European teams do for UEFA?

Think it would be cool, and obviously TFC would be making extra money on it anyways!

Joe Kool
11-16-2016, 12:09 PM
Not likely. Would be cool though.

Oldtimer
11-16-2016, 12:10 PM
I was wondering about this - since the new rule changes for the CCL and the entry from Canada, I was wondering if Toronto FC will have a special CCL jersey like European teams do for UEFA?

Think it would be cool, and obviously TFC would be making extra money on it anyways!

They haven't in the past.

Cas87
11-16-2016, 12:26 PM
There won't be a special jersey but they will add the Champions League patch over top of one of the MLS logohttp://league-mp7static.mlsdigital.net/styles/image_landscape/s3/images/taylor_0.jpg?null&itok=_Ae2hDt9&c=08ce797bb0b111f4ccfb5e64e152df15

Capt.Cro
11-16-2016, 12:48 PM
Anyone remember the pink kits? Wore them for one game vs RedBull to auction off for breast cancer research. Super rare nowadays, I got super lucky finding one on kijiji a few months ago. Question is, how well would they sell? MLS teams only change one kit per year. If anything, I'd say that they'd wear those new kits (and this season we get a new home kit!! Maybe gold trim if we go all the way?) in every champions league match that they can to boost sales, but it wouldn't be exclusive to the champions league games, much like what they did with the Heritage Series games this season and our often hated (self-excluded) Away kits.

The MLS simply doesn't have a large enough fan base to justify releasing more than one new kit per season to possibly offset the costs of designing more than one kit. Mind you, I'm not sure if it's the MLS who decides that, of if it's Adidas. Also not sure if they pay us, or we pay them for sponsorship.

Would probably be a different story if kit sponsorship wasn't a league wide agreement but rather on an individual basis like the NASL or European leagues.

Also contrary to my statement above, gold trim may not work for us considering that it would probably look way too close to Atlanta's new kits.

eustacchio
11-16-2016, 01:30 PM
I wish I had picked up one of the pink kits. I never get names on the backs of jerseys, but I would absolutely get one for Pablo Vitti.

Red CB Toronto
11-16-2016, 02:27 PM
Anyone remember the pink kits? Wore them for one game vs RedBull to auction off for breast cancer research. Super rare nowadays, I got super lucky finding one on kijiji a few months ago. Question is, how well would they sell? MLS teams only change one kit per year. If anything, I'd say that they'd wear those new kits (and this season we get a new home kit!! Maybe gold trim if we go all the way?) in every champions league match that they can to boost sales, but it wouldn't be exclusive to the champions league games, much like what they did with the Heritage Series games this season and our often hated (self-excluded) Away kits.

The MLS simply doesn't have a large enough fan base to justify releasing more than one new kit per season to possibly offset the costs of designing more than one kit. Mind you, I'm not sure if it's the MLS who decides that, of if it's Adidas. Also not sure if they pay us, or we pay them for sponsorship.

Would probably be a different story if kit sponsorship wasn't a league wide agreement but rather on an individual basis like the NASL or European leagues.

Also contrary to my statement above, gold trim may not work for us considering that it would probably look way too close to Atlanta's new kits.

I picked up one of those authentic pink jersey's a few years back at one of Real Sports year end blow out sales for $15. It was a great find.

General Woolfe
11-16-2016, 06:57 PM
They'll probably just add a patch... hope they stay on this time though