PDA

View Full Version : Security in Montreal

Red4ever
11-08-2016, 08:55 AM
Has our front office reached out to ensure security and policing will be better than it was in 2015?

Don't get me wrong, the undercover cop in our section was quaint, but taking the long way around through the wooded park was a terrible idea.

Red CB Toronto
11-08-2016, 09:14 AM
Has our front office reached out to ensure security and policing will be better than it was in 2015?

Don't get me wrong, the undercover cop in our section was quaint, but taking the long way around through the wooded park was a terrible idea.

This match is at Olympic Stadium, the subway actually is attached to it, don't even have to go outside.

Fort York Redcoat
11-08-2016, 09:15 AM
There will be communication from Impact personnel as to their planned route and action for hosting us. We'll share it as soon as we get it.

Phil
11-08-2016, 09:34 AM
Youi guys have no idea how many conference calls there will be in the next two weeks dealing with all this.

Sort answer yes there will be a plan, ingress and egress.

Red CB Toronto
11-08-2016, 09:42 AM
Youi guys have no idea how many conference calls there will be in the next two weeks dealing with all this.

Sort answer yes there will be a plan, ingress and egress.

I find it funny that considering how many times the Reds have played at Olympic Stadium and in Montreal in general they are not already well versed in this thing, have a playbook of sorts. Stadium security is not rocket science, just involves a lot of common sense hopefully. TFC had what 3-4K make that one trip a few seasons back, that should have taught them something, just saying.

Fort York Redcoat
11-08-2016, 09:56 AM
I find it funny that considering how many times the Reds have played at Olympic Stadium and in Montreal in general they are not already well versed in this thing, have a playbook of sorts. Stadium security is not rocket science, just involves a lot of common sense hopefully. TFC had what 3-4K make that one trip a few seasons back, that should have taught them something, just saying.

And their plan changed with every visit. Hopefully this time we get their newest plan sooner than later.

Phil
11-08-2016, 10:02 AM

They actually do have a playbook. I would imagine we will be heavily borrowing from the one we used on the last big O visit. I dislike Montreal tremendously but their front office has always been open to feedback and made a number of adjustments to accomodate us in the past. Last year things got way out of hand on a number of levels and Montreal are now way more aggressive with all visiting support as is the league. That is the waters we are now forced to navigate as a result. So sight tight :D

Oh and I made a catch all for information regarding Montreal for members here:

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?39683-The-OMG-we-are-going-to-Montreal-2016-Playoffs-thread!!!!&p=1818681#post1818681

Tickets, security and anything else will be updated there.

Red CB Toronto
11-08-2016, 10:15 AM
And their plan changed with every visit. Hopefully this time we get their newest plan sooner than later.

Yeah, like when as you know there were like 10, maybe 20 of us at the top of 112 at Saputo for a VCup game midweek and we just showed up, got whacked 6-0, left on the whistle straight back to the pub.Times have changed to say the least.

Red4ever
11-08-2016, 10:26 AM
Cheers all.

Of course it's at the Big O and thus way easier. Slipped my mind. Makes it much easier.

Rumar
11-11-2016, 09:44 AM
Anyone know what their bag policy is? I'll be returning back to Toronto on he same day and I'm hoping to bring a small drawstring bag just to hold my phone charger and traveling entertainment.

Phil
11-11-2016, 09:57 AM
We have a series of meetings and conference calls coming up. Once we have security info we will be posting it for all.