PDA

View Full Version : Shit Defence=shit Road Record

trane
07-28-2008, 10:06 PM
As long as we cannot defend, we will not do any better on the road.

( I have been on Sutton for making some silly mistakes, but tonight he made us look better then we were)

LucaGol
07-28-2008, 10:11 PM
Defence, Offence....how about heart....its all bad.

Keegan
07-28-2008, 10:12 PM
Sutton deserves a trophy man....

Defense is total shit. Julius James has no ball control and Velez ball watches way too much

twistedchinaman
07-28-2008, 10:13 PM
Defence, offence, heart, soul, drive, desire -- all devoid.

sidney
James was lost in a supermarket at right back tonight. And our midfielders didn't track back on RSL's first goal (the header).

noochie
everything is broken

boban
07-28-2008, 10:15 PM
The sky is falling!!
The sky is falling!!

kdzb
07-28-2008, 10:16 PM
And tomorrow Carver will say that we trough the kitchen sink at them but we couldn't score.
We didn't through anything at them tonight...They through the entire kitchen at us and they got the win.
Good for them.
I can't believe I'm congratulating RSL...That was embarrassing.

Roogsy
07-28-2008, 10:16 PM
The problem is that we do nothing exceptionally well.

We are mediocre at defence.

We are less than mediocre at offence.

Our midfield is our only solid position...and even then, they can't do nothing without the back line or the front line doing something, so here we are.

At least the Galaxy have a potent offence despite their shitty defence. It keeps them in games.

TFC needs to decide what they are going to do, because mediocrity is only going to give us more of what we have seen the last couple of months.

Smenge
07-28-2008, 10:18 PM
This team is as bad as at any time last season, and this, despite having better players......what a mess.

sidney
07-28-2008, 10:18 PM
And tomorrow Carver will say that we trough the kitchen sink at them but we couldn't score.

Carver's smart enough to not say that.

Mango Kid
07-28-2008, 10:19 PM
Totally agree, Roogsy. My dilemma is this: I don't believe our D is good enough to keep a clean sheet heading into games. I also don't believe our offence is good enough to dent the other teams clean sheet.

Bloor West FC
07-28-2008, 10:19 PM
As long as we cannot defend, we will not do any better on the road.

( I have been on Sutton for making some silly mistakes, but tonight he made us look better then we were)

On the road, man if we keep playing like this were lucky if we can win at home!!!!! Watching the last few games and tonight topping it off, I am actually happy I am not going to Saturday's game. My mind need's alot of positives right now. TFC is just to f'in stressful!!!!! We need a new team dammit, a team that can play more than 10 games a year without giving up!!!

Roogsy
07-28-2008, 10:20 PM
I don't think Dickov can fix this.

We need an Angel, Blanco or Schelotto. We need a sparkplug.

trane
^ I do not think the sky is falling, but we have lost way to many points on the road in particular due to shit poor defence, I am very tiered of seeing such mistakes. After the Guevarra goal the thing to do , any European team even Man U, Milan or Chelsea, would have, sat back and defend like their live depended on it, perserving the point, and hoping to get a good counter attacking chance when Salt Lake pressed, as a home team would. INSTEAD WE FUCK UP AGAIN.

ThunderTundra
The only difference between this year and last year at this point is
1.) the strong start
2.) We can't win again, but this time we are at least loosing while scoring at least one goal

noochie
they look like robots out there, predictable and boring...

TorontoUnitedScout
why why WHY......what's new....add a quality defender to that wish list

MEU
07-28-2008, 10:21 PM
There might be a psychological rift in the locker room with this many players playing without heart... are there roster changes to be made??? I think our mid and goal is the strongest while we have very little support from D and Strikers. I actaully missed Wynne's darting runs. I think Marshall missed that clearance that resulted in the goal post.... just not something that should happen at the professional level.

Is it just me or was there always 3-4 RSL players on every TFC player?

Roogsy
07-28-2008, 10:21 PM
they look like robots out there, predictable and boring...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO predictable!

noochie
07-28-2008, 10:23 PM
Did you guys see towards the end of the game... whenever a TFC player touched the ball 2-3 RSL players closed them down instantly without giving any sign of a gap to exploit?

This is what defending is... and this is what TFC is failing miserably at.

noochie
07-28-2008, 10:25 PM
There might be a psychological rift in the locker room with this many players playing without heart... are there roster changes to be made??? I think our mid and goal is the strongest while we have very little support from D and Strikers. I actaully missed Wynne's darting runs. I think Marshall missed that clearance that resulted in the goal post.... just not something that should happen at the professional level.

No that was Velez... who had an absolutely forgettable game... he was horrid, constantly ball watching like this is a sand lot game. Man marking in the box has been dicey all year (why are they so bad at it?)

reggie
07-28-2008, 10:26 PM
but we are in better shape and we are eating better then last season....

bhoybobby
07-28-2008, 10:26 PM
I don't think Dickov can fix this.

We need an Angel, Blanco or Schelotto. We need a sparkplug.

We have no depth, the supposed good players, Ricketts, Robert, flatter to deceive. Lack of dpeth, was always gonna bite our ass.

noochie
07-28-2008, 10:28 PM
but we are in better shape and we are eating better then last season....

Dorothy has come in to oil the tinmen? ;)

Azerban
07-28-2008, 10:28 PM
fire everyone start fresh next year

maybe we can even get another expansion draft

trane
07-28-2008, 10:29 PM

Our midfield is our only solid position...and even then, they can't do nothing without the back line or the front line doing something, so here we are.

At least the Galaxy have a potent offence despite their shitty defence. It keeps them in games.

TFC needs to decide what they are going to do, because mediocrity is only going to give us more of what we have seen the last couple of months.

I agree. Midfield is the only solid position. Defence is mediocare on the whole, solid enought at home, put prone to mistakes, and way too prone to mistakes on the road. Our striker situation is horrible, with Dichio we had something, which could have ussed and upgrade, but at least we had an offensive threat, without him, while I like Ibrahim's potential, we could as well play without a striker.

I agree that offensively we need a spark plug, but playing solid defense seems so essential to me. I do not like the direction the team is going.

Roogsy
07-28-2008, 10:31 PM
It is unbelievable how this team has come undone without Dichio. Who would have thought? I mean...I was a fan, but even I didn't think his absence would see TFC fall apart like this.

Really makes people shut up and appreciate the man doesn't it?

reggie
07-28-2008, 10:31 PM
i hope carver leaves at the end of the season,this team is just brutal to watch.
there is no entertainment value at all,

trane
07-28-2008, 10:33 PM
Did you guys see towards the end of the game... whenever a TFC player touched the ball 2-3 RSL players closed them down instantly without giving any sign of a gap to exploit?

This is what defending is... and this is what TFC is failing miserably at.

My thoughts exactly, and when you defend like that and take possession you create chances, and often they come in situations were the other team is vulnerable.

reggie
07-28-2008, 10:33 PM
It is unbelievable how this team has come undone without Dichio. Who would have thought? I mean...I was a fan, but even I didn't think his absence would see TFC fall apart like this.

does DD play defence?

noochie
07-28-2008, 10:35 PM
does DD play defence?

he can hold the ball :p

trane
07-28-2008, 10:35 PM

Agreed. I have said it before, and unfortunaly I will likely have to say it again, we are just not the same without it.

And DD does defend, he comes back quite often, and marks prety damn well. HARDWORK IS WHAT WE NEED, FROM END TO END.

TFC07
07-28-2008, 10:36 PM
Dichio is the heart & soul of TFC....without him, this team looks dead!

Reading some of the posts here, thank god I didn't watch this game.

Mango Kid
07-28-2008, 10:37 PM
Dichio is the heart & soul of TFC....without him, this team looks dead!

Reading some of the posts here, thank god I didn't watch this game.

`Looks`?

reggie
07-28-2008, 10:37 PM
who is carver going to put under his bus tonight.
i blame cunny .....

noochie
07-28-2008, 10:38 PM
who is carver going to put under his bus tonight.
i blame cunny .....

Maybe himself... he can save himself from the press this way.

RPB_Brantford_08
07-28-2008, 10:40 PM
James was lost in a supermarket at right back tonight. And our midfielders didn't track back on RSL's first goal (the header).

remember hes right out of collage and didn;t expect to be in as many games as he has....2009 work on the defence, Keep Marshall, Wynne,
lose everone else and start anew. the framework of a good defence is there, just a couple of joy riders need to move on.

reggie
07-28-2008, 10:41 PM
when was the last time we won???

Daveisonfire
07-28-2008, 10:41 PM
does DD play defence?

I certainly miss DD

Dunivant and Dichio

REDPATCHGRL74
07-28-2008, 10:45 PM
I agree. Midfield is the only solid position. Defence is mediocare on the whole, solid enought at home, put prone to mistakes, and way too prone to mistakes on the road. Our striker situation is horrible, with Dichio we had something, which could have ussed and upgrade, but at least we had an offensive threat, without him, while I like Ibrahim's potential, we could as well play without a striker.

I agree that offensively we need a spark plug, but playing solid defense seems so essential to me. I do not like the direction the team is going.

People always talk about using a 4-4-2 formation, but we can't. Tonight shows us why. Atleast when we use the 2 holding midfielders our back 4 has that protection infront of them. With just Robbo there we saw first hand how bad our back 4 is. Defending is a team responsibility, which is up to eveyone to do there job. I believe that it is Carver's job to make sure everyone knows there job out on the pitch. Lately I don't see that. Carver can say what ever he wants about the lack of quality up front, but the poor defending I for one will put this on him. He can't score goals for us but he can definitely make sure that we are well organized to defend.

RedRum
07-28-2008, 10:49 PM
Yeah our back line is basically shit at present. But really:

Brennan - plays and is never afraid to play.

Velez - he sucked at the begining of the season, but you have to admire a guy who (unlike Lombardo) sucked up everyone calling for his head and played well for a good spell. Yeah he might be having some problems lately but I can live with that. At least he's not afraid of his own shadow after a gaffe. He knows he can do better and is not afraid to show us that.

Marshall - got to go. For a veteran he gets caught out of position way too often.

James - I'm not bailing on this kid. He's young and needs time so lets give it to him. I'm confident there is light at the end of the road.

Sutton - what can you say? He gets fucked over by the guys in front of him at present.

What REALLY pisses me off is that we had no DP striker lined up for July 15th with it counting only 200k against the cap. Why the fuck can't MLSE shell out 6 mil for someone for half a season? Thats like what? 1 and a bit Pavel Kubina or 1 1/2 Blakes. What would qualifying for the CCL be worth in ticket sales and TV revenue - that and more!

MLSE you are seriously fucked in your corporate head. You anticipated not turning a profit for 4-5 years yet did so after one. Fuck blaming the turf for guys not wanting to come here, with those kind of innaugural numbers you should be telling the city to GFYS if they can't ante up for real grass and build your own stadium.

Disgusting, fuck I am livid.

reggie
07-28-2008, 10:54 PM
other teams seem to get guys to play on turf,
mo has no connections, other then 35 yr old brit rejects.

tlear
07-28-2008, 11:01 PM
Smith was absolutely worthless, we should have played 4-2-3-1

ginkster88
07-28-2008, 11:06 PM
To put on a performance like this after what we gave them for Montreal... inexcusable. They just don't seem to care.

tlear
07-28-2008, 11:10 PM
Well to give a valid excuse, playing at altitude is brutal. But we should have done better at the start of the first while everyone was not gassed

trane
07-28-2008, 11:13 PM
People always talk about using a 4-4-2 formation, but we can't. Tonight shows us why. Atleast when we use the 2 holding midfielders our back 4 has that protection infront of them. With just Robbo there we saw first hand how bad our back 4 is. Defending is a team responsibility, which is up to eveyone to do there job. I believe that it is Carver's job to make sure everyone knows there job out on the pitch. Lately I don't see that. Carver can say what ever he wants about the lack of quality up front, but the poor defending I for one will put this on him. He can't score goals for us but he can definitely make sure that we are well organized to defend.

I agree with you. I like Carver, but everything you have said about defending I have said before. I have to agree, that it is on him to have these team defend better.

I agree with formatio, and I think that the 4-2-3-1 is the way to go in general. But now I am once again thinking of a formation I do not particulalry like but, we need to consider, 5-3-2.

TFC4ever
07-28-2008, 11:16 PM
I can't really blame James because it'll take him time to get used to the system, and to be fair some of our players have been given LOTS of time despite mediocre performances.

I've been a bit disappointed with Marshall's performances, and it didn't really help that he was laughing and joking after the loss as if it didn't mean much

werewolf
07-28-2008, 11:21 PM
with the exception of the 4 games at the beginning of last July (1 win, 3 draws), we have given up at least 2 goals in all but 2 other road games in history (Colorado last year, Montreal this year).

MrHawk
07-28-2008, 11:27 PM
At least our offense is picking up.

11GF on the road compared to 8GF home.

Jeff s
07-28-2008, 11:39 PM
Its not just the defence, its also the mid.

For some reason, away from home the mid does a horrible job of closing down plays and for some reason seem to forget how to make the simplest of passes. Never feeding the attack.

trane
07-28-2008, 11:57 PM
with the exception of the 4 games at the beginning of last July (1 win, 3 draws), we have given up at least 2 goals in all but 2 other road games in history (Colorado last year, Montreal this year).

That says it all. You simply cannot win on the road like that. Particullalry when we have been, at best, hot and cold offensively.

Brooker
07-29-2008, 12:09 AM
i love our boys. why can't we win on the road? i don't get it.

i know our team is shit most times, but arent we supposed to win once in a while on the road? sorry my bad, DRAW on the road?! seriously, give us something to be happy about? i guess it's too much to ask.

thankfully im heading to Halifax tommarow. I need a break from this frustration. I gave my tickets to my brother for the Dallas game. and knowing my luck, it will be an unbelievable game with us winning 4-0. oh it'll happen. the extra kick in the balls for me.

toronto till i fucking die. but it might be them that kill me. :D

coisty1966
07-29-2008, 06:26 AM

and even at that, our midfield continues to get pushed around....Robinson is the only one willing to get stuck in and tackle.....everyone is static and there is no forward movement other then a long ball, side to side,lotsa that......also wondering why nobody shoots the ball unless they are right on top of the keeper...its like they are looking for the perfect pass....SHOOT! Beckerman let 2 fly from outside the box last night, they didnt go in but had the potential for trouble....deflection, rebound, you never know...ah well, just frustrating to watch sometimes....

trane
07-29-2008, 06:41 AM
^ I have also been frustrated by that if you have space shoot, you do not need to be in the box to do so. Carver should tell them from 15 yards in if you have time shoot, if you do not you sit down.

CoachGT
07-29-2008, 06:49 AM

Did anybody else notice, at the end of the first half, the cameras showing a "passionate" discussion between Jimmy B and Robbo? They didn't stay on it long enough to get a gist of what the issue was. My first thought was whether there is a "captain's rift" - different direction being given from different parts of the field.

I think that the talent on this team exists, but the lack of striking is self evident, and last night the holes at fullback were exceptionally clear - Sutton deserved a medal for his play, taking at least two balls from the feet of RSL attackers. Too frequently we heard the announcers say something along the lines of easy dispossession (Robbo was guilty of this several times). It is tough to beat more than one individual, especially at this level, yet frequently players were trying to beat two or three, rather than beat one, move the ball. Takes less energy. That seems a little basic for these guys, especially in the heat and at altitude. Frustrating........

Razor
07-29-2008, 07:12 AM
garbage team, garbage players.

we are shit on defence and we are shit on offence.

Sutton deserves to be MVP this year, without him we're a complete disaster.

MO better make some roster changes...PRONTO!!

BuSaPuNk
07-29-2008, 07:17 AM
Yeah sure we can't score (the leafs probably could score easier) and we can't defend either. But it looks to me it all comes down to fundamentals. Did you see how many passes in midfield and up to Ibby and Cunny that were way over there heads or completely offline, and just passes that were not forced by defending that were just handed to RSL. Also is it just me or everytime that a RSL player confined the player with the ball they just gave it up way to easy. Just seemed like they knew that they were going to lose so giving the ball away was not a big deal.

I believe that they really need someone to walk into that room and tear them a new asshole because seriously right now we have just about the same chance to win if we put on a under 16 team.

MG42
07-29-2008, 07:18 AM
In the sun, in the rain, we will always call your name
Through the thick, and the thin, we are loyal to the end

For the boys. . . On the Field, For the Boys ON THE FIELD
Oh we sing and chant the Legend TFC

In the day, through the night, oh forever we will fight
By the Sord, By the stone, we will never stand alone

4dV3s8xMg9Q

BuSaPuNk
07-29-2008, 07:28 AM
That was so good trifey. Wow i was so upset this morning after that game but that just got my blood going again. Thanks. TORONTO TILL I DIE!

CoachGT
07-29-2008, 07:31 AM
I'll be a supporter forever, but that doesn't stop my feelings of frustration when a game slips away like last night.

LucaGol
07-29-2008, 07:34 AM
I want a Javi Morales.....

....at 240K a year....we can afford that by just dumping Cunny...

...go and get us one Mo....there must be thousands of them in Argentina.

Laurent Robert makes 330K. Javi Morales does three times the job this clown does.

UltraFootyKWC
07-29-2008, 07:53 AM
They could have salvaged 2 points on the road in the past 2 away games if they would just play for a full 90 mins. They concede to Shitcago in what, the 92nd minute, virtually the last kick of the ball, and then last night in the 87th minute. It's just heartbreaking that they can't tighten up that defense knowing that they are minutes away from a rare, and very valuable road point.

Stop ball watching boys and mark a fuckin' man!!!!!

Davenport
07-29-2008, 08:02 AM
If they'd had put as much energy into the game as they did chewing their gum they might have got something from it.....what the f**k was that all about, to help with the altitude ?!

James was a total embarrasment.

Sutton was at fault on their first goal......he's a giant, come out, dominate your box, punch the damn ball.

As for the rest....lifeless and not good enough.

All this screaming for Carver's neck is ridiculous....Johnston picked the squad FFS. Blame him.

invictusTFC
07-29-2008, 08:13 AM
I turned my television off after the first half. I couldn't stand to watch a game being played on a football field (fucking disgusting), and I couldn't stand to watch yet another heartless performance. Its time Carver makes some changes at the back 4. I can't understand why James was playing wide right while Velez a natural RB was playing in the middle. I thought the whole reason why Velez was signed in the first place was to cover for Wynne while he's away on Int'l duty. James is much more comfortable and effective in the middle, I don't understand how Carver doesn't see that.
With every game that passes Amado Guevara looks more and more like a bust IMO. There is no doubt that he has boat loads of skill, and that when he is on his game he is as influential as any player in the MLS. However, he is a floater out there, he is consistently inconsistent and without him pulling the strings TFC's offense is useless and ineffective. Mo needs to start looking for his replacement now...
Ricketts and Robert have gotten into a habit of trying to do way too much. They take themselves out of games because of this. Carver needs to get them to simplify their game. I'm tired of watching them loose the ball so needlessly.
For those of you who thought Jarrod Smith was anything special, last night proved you wrong. This guy is not a starter. There was a reason he was playing for Hawke's Bay United last season, and a reason he was signed to a developmental contract this season. He is a role player at best who should be jumping off the bench as a substitute. He doesn't have the quality nor the skill to start in this league.
I'm not even going to say anything about Ibrahim. Unfortunately the striker shortage is forcing Carver to start him. He's too young and inexperienced to be thrown out there like this. Lets hope he has a strong mental character because it would be a shame if he looses his confidence as a result.

Roogsy
07-29-2008, 08:32 AM
Still love our boys...still love our team.

Just disappointed is all.

TicTacTabarnack
07-29-2008, 08:36 AM
The sky is falling!!
The sky is falling!!

:rofl:

tlear
07-29-2008, 09:03 AM
I turned my television off after the first half. I couldn't stand to watch a game being played on a football field (fucking disgusting), and I couldn't stand to watch yet another heartless performance. Its time Carver makes some changes at the back 4. I can't understand why James was playing wide right while Velez a natural RB was playing in the middle. I thought the whole reason why Velez was signed in the first place was to cover for Wynne while he's away on Int'l duty. James is much more comfortable and effective in the middle, I don't understand how Carver doesn't see that.
With every game that passes Amado Guevara looks more and more like a bust IMO. There is no doubt that he has boat loads of skill, and that when he is on his game he is as influential as any player in the MLS. However, he is a floater out there, he is consistently inconsistent and without him pulling the strings TFC's offense is useless and ineffective. Mo needs to start looking for his replacement now...
Ricketts and Robert have gotten into a habit of trying to do way too much. They take themselves out of games because of this. Carver needs to get them to simplify their game. I'm tired of watching them loose the ball so needlessly.
For those of you who thought Jarrod Smith was anything special, last night proved you wrong. This guy is not a starter. There was a reason he was playing for Hawke's Bay United last season, and a reason he was signed to a developmental contract this season. He is a role player at best who should be jumping off the bench as a substitute. He doesn't have the quality nor the skill to start in this league.
I'm not even going to say anything about Ibrahim. Unfortunately the striker shortage is forcing Carver to start him. He's too young and inexperienced to be thrown out there like this. Lets hope he has a strong mental character because it would be a shame if he looses his confidence as a result.

I getting someone better then Guevara at the $$ he makes is impossible I think. I agree about Smith he is not too bad as a winger, but he is not a starting striker. I think Carver wanted to keep Velez/Marshall partnership going thats why James started as RB in hindsight it was not a good idea.

I do not think performance was heartless at all. They played hard especially in the second half. Playing at altitude must be a nightmare, it really messes with everything, cardio you ability to concentrate.. Main problems as I see it were: Smith taking up a spot that should have been used for a second DM (Rosenlund in 4-2-3-1) and James being terrible as RB, Velez also made couple blunders.

TicTacTabarnack
07-29-2008, 09:11 AM
The sky is falling!!
The sky is falling!!

http://www.salagram.net/end1.jpg

Oldtimer
07-29-2008, 09:19 AM
TORONTO TILL I DIE!!!

It's just that I don't know if I'll survive this season!! :p

invictusTFC
07-29-2008, 09:41 AM
I getting someone better then Guevara at the $$ he makes is impossible I think. I agree about Smith he is not too bad as a winger, but he is not a starting striker. I think Carver wanted to keep Velez/Marshall partnership going thats why James started as RB in hindsight it was not a good idea.

I do not think performance was heartless at all. They played hard especially in the second half. Playing at altitude must be a nightmare, it really messes with everything, cardio you ability to concentrate.. Main problems as I see it were: Smith taking up a spot that should have been used for a second DM (Rosenlund in 4-2-3-1) and James being terrible as RB, Velez also made couple blunders.

I'm not saying that we replace Guevara now, but I do think Mo should start the search for a capable ACM perhaps for next season. Don't get me wrong, I like Guevara and what he brings to the table in terms of creativity and skill, but I can stand how he floats in and out of games. TFC needs him playing 90 mins.
As far as the Velez/Marshall combo goes, TFC is winless in 8 games now. This defense has conceded late winners in two consecutive games. When things aren't broken, you don't try to fix, but our defense is broken and it has been evident over the past stretch of games. Unfortunately Tebily is hurt or has left the team depending on what news you choose to hear, but the back 4 needs a shake up, even if its temporary.

Derko
07-29-2008, 09:43 AM
This team is as bad as at any time last season, and this, despite having better players......what a mess.

Do you really think so, TFC have defended poorly in the last 15 minutes for the last 6 games, I think everyone is feeling the lack of offence and naturally as a defender you start second guessing yourself, I as a Level 2 Coach can actually see that happening, it happens in every sport at every level when a team goes through a slump. Obviously you cannot decipher that, and you resort to comparisons of a first year expansion side starting from scratch that really have no bearing on what point TFC are at in the short time they have been together as a team, remember that some of the greatest and I mean greatest Football Teams in the world have all been beaten by lower level sides, what do those teams do, I will tell you what they don't do is change the whole team, the coach shakes up a few players and they move on. work hard to solve the negatives and merit the positives, that my friends is what professionals do!!
That is my opinion.
:cheers:

reggie
07-29-2008, 09:44 AM
i rather have boyens then any of those clowns playing in the middle...
at least he has got some heart....

Rawkus_420
07-29-2008, 10:47 AM
Brennan and marshall were ok, but velez is shit and always gets caught out of position(marshall does too sometimes, but at least he wins the odd ball, his passing is shit but he stops ppl). james is shit too Ive noticed , hestitates, makes terrible passes and like to kcik it out of bounds....Brennan was solid as usual...we need wynne back...and a healthy tebily, tebily hasnt screwd up once in the small amount of playing time he has, you can see he is just a better quality defender than the rest...teams atatck velez and james because they both suck, I dont think either of them should be starting!!!! Neither should ibby, hes too young, he should be the first off the bench, you could see robert getting frutrated when he would stop his runs. ( he was probably thinking " god im playing with a kid half my age...wtf" ). Ibbys got good talent , but he needs time, barret should be starting and I guess ibby until either dickov signs or dichio is healthy. Our midfield wasnt that great, but thats not our weak point at all. end rant.

TFCREDNWHITE
07-29-2008, 10:53 AM
I've seen Barrett's Low-Lights reel, and let me tell you, the guy is shit!! Trust me this guy should NOT be starting!! There is NO way that Barrett will save anything!! Barrett should and will be riding the bench!! Once Dichio gets healthy it should be Dichio and Dickov up top!!

Kooper
07-29-2008, 10:56 AM
Our lack of offense is hurting our defense. We spend too much time in our end and without a decent and matured attacking threat it is easy for the other team to flood our end and keep us on the back foot all game.

Without Danny Dichio our defense is starting to look bad.

Roogsy
07-29-2008, 10:59 AM
QFT

Our defence is under pressure too much, of course they are going to give up goals!

The best way to keep a team honest is to be have a genuine scoring threat. We don't have that so other teams have us on our heels all game long.

invictusTFC
07-29-2008, 11:22 AM
QFT

Our defence is under pressure too much, of course they are going to give up goals!

The best way to keep a team honest is to be have a genuine scoring threat. We don't have that so other teams have us on our heels all game long.

Other teams have us on our heels not because we don't have a legitimate scoring threat (although this doesn't help us), they have us on our heels because the team doesn't control possession. Players give away the ball way too easily. Our passing is as horrendous as our finishing. Our Midfield has quality but they don't play consistently.

ua-kozak_TFC
07-29-2008, 11:41 AM
You know what that is called guys? OUR team has NO BALLS or HEART to play soccer... They show us time and time again... All these games that we lost points because no body on our team has heart... KC, SJ, Vancouver, Montreal, Chicago and Now RSL... All these teams took away from us results plain and simply because they had more heart...They probably had less skillfull squad, but they had more heart... and a heart is something that you don;t buy with money or train on the pitch a HEART is something you have to be BORN with...

we'll become a successful soccer team only when we get some heart into this team... no show offs like edu and rickets.. or players past their prime like robert and guevara ... This team has to be more canadian.... do you guys realize that in our starting line up we only have 2 canadian players??? I think that is a big shame for a canadian team... i think there is a tone load of canadian talent out there you just have to bring it in...
Example Seriux.. a great defender.. Mo traded him for O'brien... How dumb is that? Honestly we need some canadian coaches in this team....

gtaguy
07-29-2008, 11:57 AM
Other teams have us on our heels not because we don't have a legitimate scoring threat (although this doesn't help us), they have us on our heels because the team doesn't control possession. Players give away the ball way too easily. Our passing is as horrendous as our finishing. Our Midfield has quality but they don't play consistently.

You are Quite right..

TFC is not working as one machine. They're having to chase the ball too much to get control of it and by then they have to get rid of it becuase of the pressure ..

too much pass pass and lose the ball bullshit happening..
too much kick and don't look at where i sent it to happening
too much leaving the goaltender (sutton rules!! would have been 10-0 last night if not for him). alone
too much of the defenders coming up too far losing thier position.
Not enough forsight to guess plays
No pressure on their Defence or their Midfield. you gotta grab them by the throat.
Maintain composure for 90minutes

Next time im bringing my cane to bmo to whip your asses if you continue doing this shite... :taz:

I love you guys but for fucks sake give me a win away from BMO....

trane
07-29-2008, 12:07 PM
It is depressing to watch them outside of BMO, I can stop, but it is depressing, it reminds me of last year every time.

CoachGT
07-29-2008, 12:46 PM

Seems I've heard this in this thread already! Good points! :D

tlear
07-29-2008, 12:47 PM
You know what that is called guys? OUR team has NO BALLS or HEART to play soccer... They show us time and time again... All these games that we lost points because no body on our team has heart... KC, SJ, Vancouver, Montreal, Chicago and Now RSL... All these teams took away from us results plain and simply because they had more heart...They probably had less skillfull squad, but they had more heart... and a heart is something that you don;t buy with money or train on the pitch a HEART is something you have to be BORN with...

we'll become a successful soccer team only when we get some heart into this team... no show offs like edu and rickets.. or players past their prime like robert and guevara ... This team has to be more canadian.... do you guys realize that in our starting line up we only have 2 canadian players??? I think that is a big shame for a canadian team... i think there is a tone load of canadian talent out there you just have to bring it in...
Example Seriux.. a great defender.. Mo traded him for O'brien... How dumb is that? Honestly we need some canadian coaches in this team....

Hey maybe we can hire that Canadian coach that managed to lose every single game in the youth World Cup with home advantage (must be a record I am sure)! But wait CMNT already hired him, damn!

jloome
07-29-2008, 03:01 PM
:o

Are you kidding me? Our midfield is fucking terrible right now. Our wings are good, but Robbo and Guevara looked like they watned to strangle each other all night and at one point Guevara was quite obvioiusly refusing to talk to anyone aside from Velez. Methinks there are serious team spirit problems in hogtown.

trane
07-29-2008, 03:06 PM
The midfield has tallent, but in the 4-2-3-1, when it comes to play in the last 20 yards, the lone striker is the focus, you pass to him , and the play moves in relation to him. When you do not have that the midfield loses focus. That is what you are seeing. Also in that system and with our player our three attacking mids primary responsibility is to do that attack. But I will have to agree the club as a whole seems disjointed, in attack and in defense. We look terrible. I think we have more tallent then we are showing particullary in the midfield.

Alarius
07-29-2008, 03:27 PM
QFT

You throw stones on a wall long enough, it will begin to crack..

RPB_Brantford_08
07-29-2008, 03:45 PM
garbage team, garbage players.

we are shit on defence and we are shit on offence.

Sutton deserves to be MVP this year, without him we're a complete disaster.

MO better make some roster changes...PRONTO!!

easier said then done...remember this club is in it's second year,
the growing pains are continuing,but we are 100x better the last
season we have better ball control,passing is improved, the keepers
have been brilliant...2009 will be our playoff year.

colman1860
07-29-2008, 04:06 PM
^ I have also been frustrated by that if you have space shoot, you do not need to be in the box to do so. Carver should tell them from 15 yards in if you have time shoot, if you do not you sit down.
what a beautiful contradiction.

colman1860
07-29-2008, 04:12 PM
This team has to be more canadian.... do you guys realize that in our starting line up we only have 2 canadian players??? I think that is a big shame for a canadian team... i think there is a tone load of canadian talent out there you just have to bring it in...
I hate this stupid sentiment that keeps coming up on this board. Why oh why do you think that making this team more Canadian will make us better. Which player convinced you? Was it Adam Braz? Marco Reda? Chris Pozniak? Maybe it was Tyler Rosenlund, or Tyler Hemming. Andrea Lombardo? Joey Melo? Oh, surely it was Kevin Harmse! Maybe Gabe Gala, or Nana-Attakora Gyan?

We have had enough Canadian players on this team. The point is, there is only a handfull of canadians good enough for MLS, and they dont want to come here yet (either theyre too good for MLS or they dont like the turf). Or, theyre shit like Serioux. I dont know who told you hes a "great defender", but I want whatever they were smoking.

bhoybobby
07-29-2008, 05:27 PM
does DD play defence?

You bet, that's how he got his concussion, blocking a shot with his noggin.

colman1860
07-29-2008, 06:15 PM
You bet, that's how he got his concussion, blocking a shot with his noggin.
I thought Carver was saying that Danny didnt remember what happened and they couldnt find anything on tape?