PDA

View Full Version : Match Day Playoffs Rd 3 Leg 1 - Turn Your Love WAY UP - TFC @ IMFC Tue Nov 22

Pages : [1] 2 3

OgtheDim
11-06-2016, 08:40 PM
OK

We are a step closer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmHLRPAqEDM

Have At It People

OgtheDim
11-06-2016, 08:43 PM
My thinking:

There is going to be a LOT of attempts at incitement over the next few weeks. Twitter is going to be a farce. Larson is going to be a freaking pain.

I don't care.

I got one thing I am going to approach all this. Love of the team I follow, love of the game, love of being in this position that lots of other teams did not get to this season. Love for my fellow supporters.

I am going to Turn My Love WAY Up Inside.

Let the Haters Hate.

Don't Care

Otherwise, this experience is just going to be too freaking stroke creating. :)

Going to surf this feeling for the next 24 days.

InDa_110
11-06-2016, 08:53 PM
Hotel already booked.

Not a member this year but have been on and off since 2008. Happy to put $25 in the group pot to get tickets with y'all.

Derko
11-06-2016, 08:54 PM
Who is the contact for tickets? In Montreal

Redcoe15
11-06-2016, 09:22 PM
Toronto v Montreal to represent the east in the MLS Cup.

DOES IT NOT GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS, MY PEEPS?!!!!!

charlieocc
11-06-2016, 09:27 PM
To those going to Montreal: stay safe guys. I'm sure those Impact fans would love to get us sanctioned for the home leg.

J-Man
11-06-2016, 09:27 PM
Hotel already booked i can't wait

Gringo Starr
11-06-2016, 09:33 PM
Megabus is cheap at the moment, via still has escape fares for now.

pdubs
11-06-2016, 09:49 PM
Great match-up. We are riding high.

flatpicker
11-06-2016, 09:59 PM
Damn!
I'd go if this was on a weekend.

flambe
11-06-2016, 10:04 PM
Were these tickets part of the initial playoff pack we purchased? If not how much are they gonna ding us for?

Initial B
11-06-2016, 10:09 PM
We'll be coming from Ottawa. I've got to call for tickets first thing in the morning in the away support sections. On the diagram it says they're in 149, 151, 257, 259, 261, and 263. It looks like the tickets will be $37. Pretty cheap for what the game represents.

ManUtd4ever
11-06-2016, 10:29 PM
It's going to be an insane atmosphere at the Big O for this one. The boys need to be ready.

Brodzo
11-06-2016, 11:54 PM
Its a shame that the Eastern COnference finals are being played during the week, and the Western get the luxury of a weekend fixture! Would definitely love to represent the 416 in MTL. But yes...be safe! Bring the noise!

tfcfans
11-07-2016, 12:55 AM
FYI --- the first leg in Seattle just got moved to the Tuesday night as well (after the the Tor vs Mtl game) --- Seahawks play at home on the Sunday ---see its not just Toronto that has other sports affect their schedule....frankly I'm shocked the Colorado home game on the 27th wants to go up against the Broncos vs Chiefs at the same time, when Denver is Broncos country much more than Rapids country and fans may be less inclined to go/watch when their Broncos are playing at the same time....

Red CB Toronto
11-07-2016, 08:41 AM
All booked for Mega Bus, arriving at lunch time on the 22nd, leaving in the afternoon the next day. $62.68 was the total. Not bad at all.

Joe Kool
11-07-2016, 09:33 AM
The way I see this game...it is TFC vs Piatti. He is literally their only wild card against us I think. If we can keep him quiet Montreal will fall. If he is given room to operate he can have those individual moments of glory where he can hurt us like he did before and he did to NYRB recently. I don't think they have much else and TFC have been able to handle the rest of the Impact well this year so that trend will hopefully continue.

Phil
11-07-2016, 09:37 AM
Just a heads up, most of the ticketing contacts and reps traveled yesterday, so it will be a couple days before we get all set up as a group for this match. Updates will be posted.

flatpicker
11-07-2016, 09:44 AM
The way I see this game...it is TFC vs Piatti. He is literally their only wild card against us I think. If we can keep him quiet Montreal will fall. If he is given room to operate he can have those individual moments of glory where he can hurt us like he did before and he did to NYRB recently. I don't think they have much else and TFC have been able to handle the rest of the Impact well this year so that trend will hopefully continue.

If Drogba feels like playing, he can be a problem too.

Oldtimer
11-07-2016, 09:46 AM

Agreed. Keep Piatti quiet. Get at least 1 away goal in Montreal. Then TFC can go all the way.

ManUtd4ever
11-07-2016, 10:56 AM

Drogba off the bench is another wildcard.

ag futbol
11-07-2016, 12:21 PM
I think that's a fair assessment although they have a few other scrappy contributors.

I would put Piatti as my MVP this year TBH. Heck of a player, just playing for the wrong team :)

Jack
11-07-2016, 01:24 PM
This is gonna be a battle.

Canary10
11-07-2016, 01:44 PM
Sounds like they are open to selling tickets in the temporary stand. This game is gonna be nuts. (oops, put this in the wrong place. I meant for our game obviously).

notthesun
11-07-2016, 02:11 PM
I'm a little surprised Montreal is electing to have the game at the Big O instead of Saputo. Obviously I get going for extra revenue, but they crushed us at Saputo last year, figured they might have wanted to host there again and play up the fact that we're going back to the place where it ended for us. Also, not that I would really expect any management team to consider this seriously, but there's some evidence that referees are more influenced in favor of the home team when fans are physically closer to the pitch.

Joe Kool
11-07-2016, 03:03 PM
I'm a little surprised Montreal is electing to have the game at the Big O instead of Saputo. Obviously I get going for extra revenue, but they crushed us at Saputo last year, figured they might have wanted to host there again and play up the fact that we're going back to the place where it ended for us. Also, not that I would really expect any management team to consider this seriously, but there's some evidence that referees are more influenced in favor of the home team when fans are physically closer to the pitch.

Other consideration is moving from grass pitch that Impact know well for the last several months to crappy turf field that they haven't seen since probably opening day. Wouldn't that level the playing field a bit too with both teams getting used to the pitch? Also, will prima-Drogba play on turf for them?

anto7
11-07-2016, 07:01 PM

I agree with you. I would think it would be advantageous to them playing at Saputo with the fans so much closer to the pitch. So I think it is a good thing for us moving it to the Big O. Hopefully that is the case.

ManUtd4ever
11-07-2016, 07:38 PM

The energy of 60,000 fans might alleviate some of their concerns. Besides, they have won plenty of big games at the Big O over the years.

Like Jack said, this is going to be a tough battle.

backbeat
11-07-2016, 08:02 PM
so what's the story with Bradley and Jozy and the USMNT Nov 15? are we really losing them to this game in the middle of our play-off run? Can you imagine if they get injuries??

WTF?!?!

OgtheDim
11-07-2016, 08:06 PM
Uh, its an official FIFA calender break and they are playing their two biggest rivals for a place in the World Cup. Price of having internationals.

backbeat
11-07-2016, 08:30 PM
Uh, its an official FIFA calender break and they are playing their two biggest rivals for a place in the World Cup. Price of having internationals.

it was somewhat rhetorical and i do understand but geez........really Bradley and Jozy off on international duty in the middle of the play-offs??

mr k
11-07-2016, 09:09 PM
Football is a world sport and the World Cup is the most envied sporting event in the world to the point that qualifying matches actually matter to the general populace and to the players. League action taking precedence is basically a North American mindset where the sport being played is a niche in the global context that their versions of World Cup rarely matter and the league money focused priorities regularly supercede the good of the sport for the long run.

So, breaks are taken in football leagues around the world but not playoffs since that is largely a MLS/North American thing. But qualifying matches happen during the final stages league title runs to playing Champions League right after. If you call yourself an elite world player, this type of schedule is standard level of expectations.

Plus, MLS via SUM are in bed with the US men's team and the Mexican team (when playing in the US), so from a MLS perspective, Jozy & Bradley are still doing god's work for the MLS when playing Friday and next Tuesday.

4evared
11-07-2016, 09:10 PM
Just a heads up, most of the ticketing contacts and reps traveled yesterday, so it will be a couple days before we get all set up as a group for this match. Updates will be posted.

I have been off the boards and a little removed the last little while. I have let my membership lapse.
Am I able to get tickets with the Red Patch Boys for the Montreal game or will I have to go it alone?

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
11-07-2016, 09:19 PM
It is what it is ..that the dates are midweek games.....but the leg 2 start time is a nightmare at 7pm?

We all know getting to BMO field at that time slot leaves alot of empty seats for the start of the game....this needs to be bumped to 8pm. 1st leg in Montreal is 8pm

Oldtimer
11-07-2016, 09:23 PM
I have been off the boards and a little removed the last little while. I have let my membership lapse.
Am I able to get tickets with the Red Patch Boys for the Montreal game or will I have to go it alone?

Getting tickets with us or going with our group is a benefit for the paid membership. You can call the Impact and see if they will place you with unaligned Toronto fans.

Red CB Toronto
11-07-2016, 09:25 PM
The Impact have announced that over 20,000 tickets have been sold on the first day of sales for the first leg of the Reds Eastern Final matchup. Looks like its well on its way to maybe breaking the Canadian record for attendance at a soccer game, 61,004 for second leg of the 2015 Champions League Final. The previous Canadian record was 60,860 for the Impact when they played David Beckham's LA Galaxy in 2012.

http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/post/2016/11/07/more-20000-tickets-sold-eastern-conference-championship-olympic-stadium

CheMac
11-07-2016, 09:34 PM
Hey guys, wondering how to buy tickets in tfc support-section at olympic stadium Nov.22 ... we tried to sign up for Red Patch boys twice on wednesdays this seasons but the rep who does that wasn't there; spoke with Coach(?) - i can't get out of work pre-match weekends so i've not signed up! Brother and i sit in 120. We're happy to pay the dues and join the RPB if it means we can support and sit with you fellows when we're travelling away!

GBV
11-07-2016, 10:14 PM
It is what it is ..that the dates are midweek games.....but the leg 2 start time is a nightmare at 7pm?

We all know getting to BMO field at that time slot leaves alot of empty seats for the start of the game....this needs to be bumped to 8pm. 1st leg in Montreal is 8pm

Yeah 7 is brutal. Guessing it won't end up starting right at 7 p.m., but still. Would love to see an 8 p.m. k/o.

mcolvy
11-07-2016, 10:19 PM

Last time we played them Piatti tore Beitashour apart on the right. Even in a 3-5-2, I'm worried for Zava. Perhaps Hagglund could move to the Right side and just physically beast him? Even move Morrow over?

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
11-08-2016, 01:11 AM
The Impact have announced that over 20,000 tickets have been sold on the first day of sales for the first leg of the Reds Eastern Final matchup. Looks like its well on its way to maybe breaking the Canadian record for attendance at a soccer game, 61,004 for second leg of the 2015 Champions League Final. The previous Canadian record was 60,860 for the Impact when they played David Beckham's LA Galaxy in 2012.

http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/post/2016/11/07/more-20000-tickets-sold-eastern-conference-championship-olympic-stadium

Toronto FC more or less sold out of 10,000 available tickets this morning. Season seat holders (approx. 20,000) have until Wed. to purchase.
1:01 PM - 7 Nov 2016 · Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Blindside16
11-08-2016, 06:47 AM
As of 6:35am this morning ticketmaster is completely sold out for the home leg (Pending how many come available from SSH, which I can't see being that many) and stubhub has about 1000 tickets left. I think they may be opening the temporary seating for this one. :scarf:

ManUtd4ever
11-08-2016, 09:10 AM
I've heard rumblings in the media that the extra seating for the Grey Cup game will be made available for the second leg to accommodate the demand.

Detroit_TFC
11-08-2016, 10:16 AM
Just curious, anyone heard/seen what the capacity of that temp stand is?

Kewell19
11-08-2016, 11:10 AM
Guys I need help with tickets. Where can I get them. It will be my first away game and first post in this forum.

Oldtimer
11-08-2016, 11:37 AM
Guys I need help with tickets. Where can I get them. It will be my first away game and first post in this forum.

We are not a ticket agent, only members of our group get tickets from us. That's a benefit of paid membership and our individual efforts of supporting the team.

Your way is from the Impact office or from a scalper website.

Online:

https://impactmontreal.ticketpro.ca/?server=ww1&aff=imfc&lang=en

(https://impactmontreal.ticketpro.ca/?server=ww1&aff=imfc&lang=en)phone 1-866-908-9090 (yes, they speak English)

Scalper website:

As low as USD$45

http://www.stubhub.com/montreal-impact-tickets-montreal-impact-montreal-olympic-stadium-montreal-11-22-2016/event/9716869/?mbox=1&rS=6&abbyo=true&sliderpos=true&qtyq=false& dUpg=false&sort=price+asc (http://www.stubhub.com/montreal-impact-tickets-montreal-impact-montreal-olympic-stadium-montreal-11-22-2016/event/9716869/?mbox=1&rS=6&abbyo=true&sliderpos=true&qtyq=false&dUpg=false&sort=price+asc)
(http://www.stubhub.com/montreal-impact-tickets-montreal-impact-montreal-olympic-stadium-montreal-11-22-2016/event/9716869/?mbox=1&rS=6&abbyo=true&sliderpos=true&qtyq=false&dUpg=false&sort=price+asc)

cdasilva19
11-08-2016, 12:50 PM
If we can't get tickets without being a RPB through you guys, do you have any idea what section you'll be sitting in so we can purchase tickets through the Impact and sit near you gentlemen

Ponderosa
11-08-2016, 12:57 PM
Well if they do open the Grey Cup (temp) stands...I hope they are more secure than the score post when people start to bounce:party:

denime
11-08-2016, 01:01 PM
If we can't get tickets without being a RPB through you guys, do you have any idea what section you'll be sitting in so we can purchase tickets through the Impact and sit near you gentlemen

Check this thread,this one is not for tickets info.

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?39663-Montreal-away&p=1818768#post1818768

Still Kicking
11-08-2016, 01:40 PM
Hello, I just rode up in my bandwagon and found my way onto this forum.
This is my first post (I was sleeping in a cave the past ten years) and now I want to sit with the cool guys in a supporters group. Please throw tickets in my direction.
I can drink beer and know that the Trawna team wears red.

I have a question, does supporting a team refer to underwear? Y'know briefs not boxers?

Fort York Redcoat
11-08-2016, 01:43 PM
Hello, I just rode up in my bandwagon and found my way onto this forum.
This is my first post (I was sleeping in a cave the past ten years) and now I want to sit with the cool guys in a supporters group. Please throw tickets in my direction.
I can drink beer and know that the Trawna team wears red.

I have a question, does supporting a team refer to underwear? Y'know briefs not boxers?

Alright, alright. That said, there are plenty of different ways to support and I don't care when you start if you want to contribute and stick around.

Once you get past 500 posts you'll know what I mean. ;):p

MartinUtd
11-08-2016, 01:48 PM
Some of the cynicism is off putting.

Fuck new fans, amirite?

denime
11-08-2016, 02:23 PM
Some of the cynicism is off putting.

Fuck new fans, amirite?

Never, more the merrier,however,we need to help our members first. after that we can see what can be done to help RUs.

MartinUtd
11-08-2016, 02:27 PM
Oh yeah for sure, I'm not suggesting you guys have an obligation to help non-members, not at all. I've just noticed a few members on here get their back up now that the bandwagon is rolling, which is a bit lame to say the least.

OgtheDim
11-08-2016, 04:05 PM
Montreal says they have sold 30K already - I'm assuming the TFC allotment is part of that.

Red CB Toronto
11-08-2016, 04:17 PM
Montreal says they have sold 30K already - I'm assuming the TFC allotment is part of that.

Well they did open up a side of the upper deck today so they are well on their way two weeks out to breaking the Canadian attendance record for a football match, 61,004. Lots are tickets are now available. Just get into the stadium and enjoy the experience. It will be amazing.

Kaz
11-09-2016, 10:29 AM
Just curious, anyone heard/seen what the capacity of that temp stand is?

Approx 6,045 (+-3 seats)

Still Kicking
11-09-2016, 10:44 AM
Alright, alright. That said, there are plenty of different ways to support and I don't care when you start if you want to contribute and stick around.

Once you get past 500 posts you'll know what I mean. ;):p

Ouch, point well taken. Just trying to be amusing.... November 22nd just seems so far away and I am not the best at behaving myself...
I promise I will be good to new supporters. I will save my venom for other corners of the social media universe and poke fun at Americans (the more than 100 million) who chose not to vote yesterday....

Avon
11-09-2016, 12:47 PM
I am not an official member of RPB. I have been supporting this team since year 1 game 1 and I have been to Montreal to watch games at least a dozen times (twice this year, so far). I will be at the game on the 22nd it is just a question about how I get tickets. In the recent past I would email Jeremie from the Impact about tickets in the fan section (and go through giving him my info) but he has not replied to my email this time. So, I will ask you guys here, as you have been helpful in the past, do you know who I should be contacting or what section I should purchase? (Otherwise, I can just do what I have sometimes needed to do and just purchase tickets anywhere in the stadium then go to our section.) Thanks.

Oldtimer
11-09-2016, 12:55 PM
I am not an official member of RPB. I have been supporting this team since year 1 game 1 and I have been to Montreal to watch games at least a dozen times (twice this year, so far). I will be at the game on the 22nd it is just a question about how I get tickets. In the recent past I would email Jeremie from the Impact about tickets in the fan section (and go through giving him my info) but he has not replied to my email this time. So, I will ask you guys here, as you have been helpful in the past, do you know who I should be contacting or what section I should purchase? (Otherwise, I can just do what I have sometimes needed to do and just purchase tickets anywhere in the stadium then go to our section.) Thanks.

The Impact are working things out. Jeremie will probably get back to you. Don't panic.

Stress
11-09-2016, 12:56 PM
So we have Bradley and Altidore away for Int'l week but Montreal has lost 3 players (Ciman, Oyongo, Venegas) whom all have to travel further. On top of that, MLS allowed extra time for additional rest so it's not a major concern unless someone succumbs to injury.

Anyone know why Cooper wasn't called up to Panama? Has he not been with the team recently?

Red CB Toronto
11-09-2016, 01:02 PM
So we have Bradley and Altidore away for Int'l week but Montreal has lost 3 players (Ciman, Oyongo, Venegas) whom all have to travel further. On top of that, MLS allowed extra time for additional rest so it's not a major concern unless someone succumbs to injury.

Anyone know why Cooper wasn't called up to Panama? Has he not been with the team recently?

He has been called up.

Stress
11-09-2016, 01:12 PM
He has been called up.

Oh yeah? Where did you see that? TFC only highlighted the Bradley and Altidore call ups and the MLS site only lists Quakes players called up for Panama.

Red CB Toronto
11-09-2016, 01:20 PM
Oh yeah? Where did you see that? TFC only highlighted the Bradley and Altidore call ups and the MLS site only lists Quakes players called up for Panama.

On twitter, saw pics of him at the airport plus he is listed on the 25 man roster they called in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panama_national_football_team#Current_squad

ensco
11-09-2016, 03:00 PM
TFC are (gulp) now "favoured" to win the MLS Cup - or at least considered the most likely, based on MLS' models.

Not that predictive models are having a very good day today!

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/11/09/toronto-fc-slight-favorite-win-mls-cup-espn-soccer-power-index

Red CB Toronto
11-09-2016, 04:24 PM
Juan Guzman has been assigned to the first leg of the Eastern Conference Final. Not the the member of the 1992-93 Blue Jays World Series teams by the way.

EL DUQUE'----'
11-09-2016, 07:49 PM
Anyone know if Canada has any games this weekend as well. Oso, Ricketts and Johnson may also get a call up.

Sonny Cheeba
11-09-2016, 08:25 PM
Anyone know if Canada has any games this weekend as well. Oso, Ricketts and Johnson may also get a call up.

They play S. Korea on Friday

EL DUQUE'----'
11-09-2016, 08:28 PM
Thanks for the heads up Sonny...we support our new number 10 for Canada... Osorio... He's the link we may be missing....

Red CB Toronto
11-09-2016, 09:20 PM
They play S. Korea on Friday

No TFC players were called in because of The Reds were still in the playoffs.

Red CB Toronto
11-10-2016, 01:41 AM
Can you imagine Olympic Stadium like this on November 22 , its well on the way to becoming reality. Its going to be simply amazing, a truly memorable night.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwr53R2WgAAUAqz.jpg:large

Ivy
11-10-2016, 03:23 AM
I thought this game would sell out as soon as it was known that TFC would play IMFC; however now I suspect it won't be. 45-50k is my prediction. I hope I'm wrong and it sells out.

Oldtimer
11-10-2016, 07:05 AM
I thought this game would sell out as soon as it was known that TFC would play IMFC; however now I suspect it won't be. 45-50k is my prediction. I hope I'm wrong and it sells out.

Montrealers tend to be last-minute people, quite different from Torontonians in that regard. I expect a sellout.

Abou Sky
11-10-2016, 08:30 AM
Oh yeah for sure, I'm not suggesting you guys have an obligation to help non-members, not at all. I've just noticed a few members on here get their back up now that the bandwagon is rolling, which is a bit lame to say the least.

Personally, I love the bandwagoners.

That is what is supposed to happen when a team does well.

Who I have a bit of a laugh at, are all of the people who gave up their seasons a couple of years ago and have been buying for every game off of the ticket trader and now complain that they can't get tickets.

Surprise!

ensco
11-10-2016, 08:34 AM
Personally, I love the bandwagoners.

That is what is supposed to happen when a team does well.

Who I have a bit of a laugh at, are all of the people who gave up their seasons a couple of years ago and have been buying for every game off of the ticket trader and now complain that they can't get tickets.

Surprise!

I am one of those, and am happy to do that. No surprise for me, I thought about all this quite carefully when I didn't renew. I will probably pay $500 or something to see the MLS final, and will be thrilled to do it.

Fort York Redcoat
11-10-2016, 09:06 AM

Hi.

If you're up that early fire up yer youtubes and it'll hopefully be on Canada soccer's channel https://www.youtube.com/user/CanadaSoccerTV

Fort York Redcoat
11-10-2016, 09:07 AM
No TFC players were called in because of The Reds were still in the playoffs.

And they are at the start of a cycle and trying some new kids.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
11-10-2016, 02:38 PM
Still a little concerned with the Start time for leg 2....has anything been said about a possible change to 8pm instead of the current 7pm.....it just doesnt work or make sence on a mid week game in Toronto.

Hope its being discussed..

EL DUQUE'----'
11-10-2016, 02:47 PM
Thx for the link FYR, time to see what the future holds.

Joe Kool
11-10-2016, 02:49 PM
Still a little concerned with the Start time for leg 2....has anything been said about a possible change to 8pm instead of the current 7pm.....it just doesnt work or make sence on a mid week game in Toronto.

I know some people that would have made the game if was at 8PM but are not coming to it since it is at 7PM because they can't make it that early midweek. I doubt they change the time though even though it would seem to accommodate more people. It will be sold out no matter what time it is and that is all that MLSE care about. Probably have TV coverage dictating the time too.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
11-10-2016, 03:10 PM
I know some people that would have made the game if was at 8PM but are not coming to it since it is at 7PM because they can't make it that early midweek. I doubt they change the time though even though it would seem to accommodate more people. It will be sold out no matter what time it is and that is all that MLSE care about. Probably have TV coverage dictating the time too.

Yea sell out no matter..but empty seats at the start of mid week games that start at 7pm..is a defo downer...they should already know this anyways from history...I was reading somewhere with montreal supporters saying they are happh with there 8pm start for the same reasons.

Joe Kool
11-10-2016, 03:15 PM
Yea sell out no matter..but empty seats at the start of mid week games that start at 7pm..is a defo downer...they should already know this anyways from history...I was reading somewhere with montreal supporters saying they are happh with there 8pm start for the same reasons.

I hear you and I agree with you. Would be awesome to see a full stadium from the start because we rarely see it.

mdc 77
11-10-2016, 04:40 PM
Hear that the temp south stand will be on sale soon, sounds like it'll be priced @ $55/ticket.

Red CB Toronto
11-10-2016, 04:43 PM
Hear that the temp south stand will be on sale soon, sounds like it'll be priced @ $55/ticket.

That is great to hear, will give many more peps the opportunity to get in on the experience of the Reds in the post-season.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
11-10-2016, 04:51 PM
That is great to hear, will give many more peps the opportunity to get in on the experience of the Reds in the post-season.

I gota take a half day off and get to the the city early.....this will be the greatest night we will have seen....the road to the final!

Abou Sky
11-10-2016, 05:02 PM

CBC radio hosts take off early for the game, who has a boss who is that much of an asshole that they won't let them off early for this?

Avon
11-10-2016, 05:24 PM
Got my tickets for the 22nd, for anyone who has not yet and need a spot to stand, Jeremie (jeremie.lavoie@impactmontreal.com) is still the guy to go to. He said they are going quick (he would say that, but...). See ya there, I'm excited! (crazy that it is still a dozen days away)

Abou Sky
11-10-2016, 09:37 PM
I am one of those, and am happy to do that. No surprise for me, I thought about all this quite carefully when I didn't renew. I will probably pay $500 or something to see the MLS final, and will be thrilled to do it.

Your situation is a bit different, you haven't been going to most of the games for $10 each and scoffing at paying $200/season per seat.

ensco
11-10-2016, 09:47 PM
This is a common story in sports. The most vivid current example is the Golden State Warriors fan base. The "core" is in Oakland and were paying, call it, $50/game for decent seats.

Now the team is awesome, Silicon Valley has taken over, the seats are $100-150 each, and the team is moving to SF.

The hardcore that carried the team for 40 years are SOL.

spe18
11-10-2016, 09:58 PM

With the game on Fox Sports, it's likely the start time will be pushed back by 15-20 minutes, so this might help.

Hamilton_Red
11-10-2016, 11:15 PM
Old Friend Grant Needham is reporting that Montreal has sold 40,000 tickets already for the game, lot's of time left to get to 50 or 60k. For a mid week game - that's going to be epic.

ag futbol
11-11-2016, 06:00 AM
That's great news. It's too bad MLS playoff scheduling isn't doing anybody any favours.

The international breaks and general drawn out format are a challenge.

Joe Kool
11-11-2016, 08:13 AM
CBC radio hosts take off early for the game, who has a boss who is that much of an asshole that they won't let them off early for this?

Haha....TD Bank....maybe if it was BMO they would be allowed.

Abou Sky
11-11-2016, 09:25 AM
Haha....TD Bank....maybe if it was BMO they would be allowed.

Seriously?

I literally put a $40k USD deal on hold for two days to go down to NYC. It's not massive, but it's big enough seeing as I'm more or less a one man operation.

Petor
11-11-2016, 06:10 PM
It's always fun to read what the other side is thinking.

"Toronto has the highest payroll in MLS at US$21.798 million, according to the players’ union, while the Impact ranks ninth at $6.741 million — or less than Giovinco is earning. Drogba tops the Impact list with a salary of $2.191 million and he won’t even be in the starting 11 against Toronto."

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/soccer/mls/montreal-impact/stopping-tfcs-atomic-ant-is-key-to-impacts-title-hopes

Stimpy
11-12-2016, 01:34 PM
if anyone has a single for the 22nd pls let me know

magmadragon
11-12-2016, 02:25 PM
if anyone has a single for the 22nd pls let me know

Sent you a PM Stimpy.

Red CB Toronto
11-14-2016, 02:43 PM
The two mayor spreading the rivalry's spirit internationally. John commented on twitter about this presentation.

John ToryVerified account ‏@JohnTory (https://twitter.com/JohnTory) 5h5 hours ago (https://twitter.com/JohnTory/status/798176311336464388)
Presenting @torontofc (https://twitter.com/torontofc) jersey to mayor of Be'er Sheva, Ruvik Danilovitch. I think he prefers the red & white! #TFCLive (https://twitter.com/hashtag/TFCLive?src=hash) #TFC (https://twitter.com/hashtag/TFC?src=hash) #TorontoInIsrael (https://twitter.com/hashtag/TorontoInIsrael?src=hash)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxOxA8VWIAAq0Nm.jpg:large

woolly
11-14-2016, 03:29 PM
Oh God, please don't tell me we're playing in the white kit for this game...

Capt.Cro
11-14-2016, 04:06 PM
I've been looking for this information in all sorts of articles but no one seems to be mentioning anything... Like in the second leg of the conference semis with Cooper, Bradley and Altidore (was it Altidore?) at risk of missing the next game due to yellow card accumulation, are there any players on Montreal's roster who could face the same fate? I feel that Montreal have been notorious for getting yellows against us and that this could potentially work to our advantage in the second leg on the 30th... brief; does anyone know if any of their players have accumulated 2 yellows thus far in the playoffs?

Thanks

paul-collins
11-14-2016, 04:27 PM
Venegas, Bush, Ciman, Camara all sitting on a yellow.

Marcus
11-14-2016, 05:05 PM
Bradley and Jozy got yellows against Philly and Cooper in leg 1 against NYCFC

DinamoTFC
11-14-2016, 11:02 PM
Venegas, Bush, Ciman, Camara all sitting on a yellow.

Good news! Almost the entire defensive line has a yellow and they are sure to pick one up playing rough against Seba and Altidore.

Capt.Cro
11-15-2016, 10:10 AM
http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/11/14/commentary-after-years-disappointment-tfc-have-everything-place

Here's a positive article from the MLS about us finally.

Still couldn't keep from taking a cheap shot. "Trigger warning: Mista, Eric Hassli, Gilberto"

oh Gilberto...

Red CB Toronto
11-15-2016, 01:53 PM
Well over at ESPNFC, Brian McBride has spoken, predicts a Toronto Seattle MLS Cup at BMO Field on December 10.

http://www.espnfc.com/major-league-soccer/19/video/2996860/mls-cup-predictor-who-goes-to-mls-cup

Oldtimer
11-16-2016, 01:02 PM
I'm very concerned about Bradley.

After every USMNT match, we've seen "bad Bradley" instead of the good version that we had this playoff run. Mistakes in passing, seeming distracted, cheap giveaways. Every single time after playing for Klinsmann. Add to it the fact that the US team collapsed the last game, he's gotta be discouraged. Can he bounce back in time because he has to hit the ground running? The last few national absences it's taken a few games, but we don't have that luxury.

It could be that Bradley playing those US games will lose us the cup.

C.Ronaldo
11-16-2016, 01:27 PM

After every USMNT match, we've seen "bad Bradley" instead of the good version that we had this playoff run. Mistakes in passing, seeming distracted, cheap giveaways. Every single time after playing for Klinsmann. Add to it the fact that the US team collapsed the last game, he's gotta be discouraged. Can he bounce back in time because he has to hit the ground running? The last few national absences it's taken a few games, but we don't have that luxury.

maybe a klinsman firing will cheer him up

Gravy stain
11-16-2016, 01:41 PM
Any chance of another Rallybus going to Montreal?
http://rallybus.net/mls-conference-finals-game-1/
:flare::drinking:

molenshtain
11-16-2016, 02:03 PM
anyone have the full lyrics to the Song we have about the impact to the tune of 'alouette'? I've had bits of that song stuck in my head all morning.

charlieocc
11-16-2016, 02:06 PM
anyone have the full lyrics to the Song we have about the impact to the tune of 'alouette'? I've had bits of that song stuck in my head all morning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB5gpfWJNTE There's a lot of verses, I'm sure we can get them all here together.

Outremont, Celine Dion, Pierre Laporte, Saputo Cheese, Church today, FLQ, etc

Detroit_TFC
11-16-2016, 02:49 PM

this has crossed my mind too, I'm concerned.

Red CB Toronto
11-16-2016, 02:57 PM
this has crossed my mind too, I'm concerned.

Michael and Jermain Jones are simply not on the same page in the midfield and JK seems for some reason to not see it. Even Michael has acknowledged this.

Tytan
11-16-2016, 03:31 PM
Any chance of another Rallybus going to Montreal?
http://rallybus.net/mls-conference-finals-game-1/
:flare::drinking:

As of now, there are 16 seats available on the Rally bus. So go book yours. There was an error with their software earlier today and it was showing the trip as cancelled, but it has been fixed and the bus has been confirmed with 16 seats still open.

jmorgs88
11-16-2016, 03:39 PM
Four of us heading over to Montreal for the first leg. So excited.

Any pre-game restaurant or bar plans in the works?

SarniaTFC
11-16-2016, 04:39 PM
Four of us heading over to Montreal for the first leg. So excited.

Any pre-game restaurant or bar plans in the works?

McLeans, starting at 2pn. Get there early or it'll be packed! Going to be a sea of red

GhostKiller
11-16-2016, 05:17 PM

Ya this is my concern too. His head is almost in a different game when he comes back.
The way I see it is that Montreal is the scrappy underdog who benefits from this international break. We were laser focused and red hot going into the break but we might of turned that off during the break. We have the skill to beat them, but it's going to be up to Vanney to bring their head back to where they were before the break.

GhostKiller
11-16-2016, 05:18 PM
Also, do the yellow card accumulations ever reset in playoffs or are Bradley Cooper and Jozy doomed to have this over their head until the MLS Cup final (god willing)

charlieocc
11-16-2016, 05:28 PM
Also, do the yellow card accumulations ever reset in playoffs or are Bradley Cooper and Jozy doomed to have this over their head until the MLS Cup final (god willing)
They reset after game 1 of the ECF, so basically it means you can't be suspended for accumulation for MLS Cup

Red4ever
11-16-2016, 06:00 PM

Hehehe Bradley Cooper. :)

General Woolfe
11-16-2016, 06:51 PM

I made a post elsewhere about resting Bradley & Altidore for the first leg and playing for a draw. Not surprisingly it didnt go down too well. I understand why, and it would be an extremely risky strategy. Although, I was thinking more about fatigue and their yellow cards

We have to hope that the US debacle last night doesnt affect their confidence. Probably a good thing the game is next midweek and not this weekend (which I originally thought)

Detroit_TFC
11-16-2016, 07:02 PM
Nothing would make me more happy than Jozy scoring the game winning goal off a MB assist and both of them saying "fuck you Klinsmann."

Oldtimer
11-16-2016, 07:23 PM
Nothing would make me more happy than Jozy scoring the game winning goal off a MB assist and both of them saying "fuck you Klinsmann."

Nothing like that has happened the previous international breaks, so I'm worried.

Gotta love Klinsmann. I have no idea why the US soccer establishment likes him. First he brings TFC the Winter regime, where TFC became literally the worst team in the (top flight professional) world. Now he's doing his best to wreck the USMNT chances for the next WC.

ensco
11-16-2016, 10:55 PM
Seba was at Raps game, sitting court side next to Tanenbaum and George Cope.

Man is he tiny!

Areathrasher
11-17-2016, 09:16 AM
Cope is a giant of a man though, yea? Isn't he well over 6ft - like 6'5, 6'7 range?

shwade
11-17-2016, 11:27 AM
Seba was at Raps game, sitting court side next to Tanenbaum and George Cope.

Man is he tiny!

Weird, saw him next to Larry T and Brendan Shanahan... poor guy had no one to talk to.

MightyDM
11-17-2016, 11:31 AM
Cope is a giant of a man though, yea? Isn't he well over 6ft - like 6'5, 6'7 range?

Probably 6'5". Big for sure.

hulkrogan
11-17-2016, 03:17 PM
Bradley has a full week to forget about the USMNT. Fatigue won't be a factor by Tuesday, and there is a week of training with guys not named Jermaine Jones and refocusing. I'm not worried in the least. Especially with the away leg up first. He will focus on shutting down. If the long passes and free kicks look rusty, we'll live.

notthesun
11-17-2016, 09:08 PM
TSN did a promo for the match during the Leafs game. Interviewed Drew Moor and they put up shots of a bunch of other players in attendance. Saw Seba, Bradley, Johnson, Chapman and Bono at least. They may have put something up on the jumbotron as well as everyone was clapping.

ensco
11-18-2016, 06:11 AM
TSN did a promo for the match during the Leafs game. Interviewed Drew Moor and they put up shots of a bunch of other players in attendance. Saw Seba, Bradley, Johnson, Chapman and Bono at least. They may have put something up on the jumbotron as well as everyone was clapping.

They scored while he was being interviewed. Great reaction here

https://mobile.twitter.com/JeffVeillette/status/799430921686548481

DeRo2015
11-18-2016, 08:36 AM
Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN 13m13 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/799602007208128512) Juan Guzman will referee the first leg of the Eastern Conference final at Olympic Stadium. #TFCLive (https://twitter.com/hashtag/TFCLive?src=hash) #MLSPlayoffs (https://twitter.com/hashtag/MLSPlayoffs?src=hash)

flatpicker
11-18-2016, 08:41 AM
Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN 13m13 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/799602007208128512) Juan Guzman will referee the first leg of the Eastern Conference final at Olympic Stadium. #TFCLive (https://twitter.com/hashtag/TFCLive?src=hash) #MLSPlayoffs (https://twitter.com/hashtag/MLSPlayoffs?src=hash)

One of my favourite Blue Jays.
Hopefully he will bring us luck.
:drinking:

Joe Kool
11-18-2016, 08:43 AM
I am not one to want the weekend to fly by but Tuesday can't come soon enough...

Bobo
11-18-2016, 01:10 PM
One of my favourite Blue Jays.
Hopefully he will bring us luck.
:drinking:

The jheri curl ALWAYS brings luck.

Disappointed I'm not making the trip. The ticket fiasco certainly didn't help matters.

I'm wondering if Vanney might consider swapping Cooper for Johnson in either of the two games, as the added defensive discipline might be useful to prevent Piatti from seeing too much space down the left. Then again, if it ain't broke...

Cas87
11-18-2016, 01:24 PM
The jheri curl ALWAYS brings luck.

Disappointed I'm not making the trip. The ticket fiasco certainly didn't help matters.

I'm wondering if Vanney might consider swapping Cooper for Johnson in either of the two games, as the added defensive discipline might be useful to prevent Piatti from seeing too much space down the left. Then again, if it ain't broke...

It may come into play more so in the second leg (or if MTL goes absolutely insane in the first 15 minutes and Vanney needs to stop the bleeding).

Agreed that it would help slowdown Piatti but, if it ain't broke ...
Leave the formation the way it is for the first half, then if it is still 0-0 or we have the away goal already in out back pocket then I would consider the switch around 60-65 minutes

Rumar
11-19-2016, 08:33 AM
I asked in another thread, but it died:

Does anyone know what the bag policy at Stade Olympique? If possible, I'll be bringing some work to do on the way to and from Montreal.

OgtheDim
11-19-2016, 09:41 AM
Need an away goal. A 2-2 draw would be good. I'd take a 2-1 loss if need be. But, can't be shut out.

Last season, the team was not able to react to a change from a sitting back 4-1-4-1 to a pressing 4-2-3-1. Vanney didn't adjust tactics and we got killed in those 2 games.

I'm confident this team will be ready for whatever Biello throws at them, and I fully expect him to switch it up somehow. They've been doing good with the sitting back and press. But, with so much time to think about things, I think he's going to try to spring something.

This game is going to be won in the midfield. If Montreal gives that up and sits back soaking up, the ball movement we have shown in the last month will get through.

Oldtimer
11-19-2016, 11:17 AM

Does anyone know what the bag policy at Stade Olympique? If possible, I'll be bringing some work to do on the way to and from Montreal.

If they don't allow something they have a place where you can check it in and pick it up later.

http://parcolympique.qc.ca/en/the-park/olympic-stadium/security-guidelines/

OTDude82
11-19-2016, 11:23 AM
Came across this interesting clip from the NYC away game. Its hilarious - at 1:34 - the sound of utter, utter frustration and extreme despair. We'll invoke this again on Tuesday !!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfVzkjlCWDU

Oldtimer
11-19-2016, 12:00 PM
Need an away goal. A 2-2 draw would be good. I'd take a 2-1 loss if need be. But, can't be shut out.

I'd say it's important for TFC to get the first goal. Montréal is too good at bunkering.

Rumar
11-19-2016, 04:24 PM
Hearing that snowfall could possibly postpone the match:

https://twitter.com/24thminute/status/800081360715128832

OgtheDim
11-19-2016, 04:33 PM
I know its a complete mess for fans if that happens but that would be sooooo Impact to put the game indoors to grab cash but not be able to play it with that big crowd due to snow on the roof.

Auzzy
11-19-2016, 09:51 PM
I know its a complete mess for fans if that happens but that would be sooooo Impact to put the game indoors to grab cash but not be able to play it with that big crowd due to snow on the roof.

Holy f that would be deadly if they postpone the game. I'm going Mon. - Wed. with my daughter. Train leaving too early on Wed. to catch a game if it were postponed a day. BTW if they get 15 - 25 cm of snow as some are predicting, I don't think they could play at Saputo either. Just too much snow to clear, and I don't think they even have sub-soil heating or drainage at Saputo.

mistercorporate
11-20-2016, 12:41 AM
Holy f that would be deadly if they postpone the game. I'm going Mon. - Wed. with my daughter. Train leaving too early on Wed. to catch a game if it were postponed a day. BTW if they get 15 - 25 cm of snow as some are predicting, I don't think they could play at Saputo either. Just too much snow to clear, and I don't think they even have sub-soil heating or drainage at Saputo.

We'll have to insist on having it @ BMO then :D

molenshtain
11-20-2016, 04:17 AM
I'm in Montreal right now. It hasn't started snowing yet nor does it really feel like it's going to start imminently. I think it's highly unlikely we get 15-25 cm before tuesday.

Justin10000
11-20-2016, 04:35 AM
Im seeing predictions for a cloudy day, no snow on Tuesday. Unless Accuweather, Weather Network and CBC are wrong, there wont be snow.

Oldtimer
11-20-2016, 07:50 AM
Im seeing predictions for a cloudy day, no snow on Tuesday. Unless Accuweather, Weather Network and CBC are wrong, there wont be snow.

5-15 cm on Monday. Can they melt it on time?

J-Man
11-20-2016, 08:14 AM
It says 2-4cm on Monday on the weather network

Auzzy
11-20-2016, 10:40 AM
5-15 cm on Monday. Can they melt it on time?

Where are you seeing 5-15 cm predicted? I mean, I'm a world champion worrier, but I don't see it yet. I think partly because it's staying above freezing in Montreal during the day today. They are getting lots of precipitation today, but it will be mostly rain. (Would have been a big problem if a few degrees lower.)

Starting tonight & all of Monday, Weather Network is saying 2-4 cm for Montreal.

Environment Canada prediction is a bit confusing, not sure how they split "tonight" from Monday, but I think they also say 2-4 cm...?

Accuweather is saying 5-10 cm total snow from start to finish.

What's the snow limit for the Big O roof? Wikipedia is confusing, it seems to say 3cm, holy shit now I'm worried again. Other places seem to suggest a higher snow limit. Is the snow melting system for the roof still in place? At least the snow will finish by about 11pm Monday, it will barely be below 0 degrees, and Tuesday will be mostly sunny, giving the snow some time to melt.

When will the decide this? Also, aren't we supposed to receive a bunch of rules via email? My train is booked for Monday morning...

Oldtimer
11-20-2016, 01:43 PM
Looking like closer to 5 cm total now, sunny and plus 2 on Tuesday. With the roof melting system should be nothing to worry about.

Oldtimer
11-20-2016, 01:55 PM

Here's the actual policy: http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/post/2016/11/18/olympic-stadium-will-awaken-6pm-tuesday

MightyDM
11-20-2016, 04:39 PM
I'm in Montreal right now. It hasn't started snowing yet nor does it really feel like it's going to start imminently. I think it's highly unlikely we get 15-25 cm before tuesday.

good thing you aren't in Ottawa....

Red CB Toronto
11-20-2016, 04:46 PM

Can you imagine a 10 am kickoff the next morning ala the Champions League match vs. Dallas. That would be a disaster on so many levels.

PAOK17
11-20-2016, 04:50 PM
Only in Montreal, where they blame all poor infrastructure on "harsh" winters, do they build an unwinterized outdoor stadium right next to an indoor backup that can't be used if it snows more than a few centimetres.

Hamilton_Red
11-20-2016, 09:42 PM
Just back from Montreal. After a generation of decay & municipal corruption the entire city is a construction zone. Would not recommend driving there if you can avoid it. Rush hour in tuesdAy will be mental.

Red CB Toronto
11-20-2016, 11:03 PM
Just back from Montreal. After a generation of decay & municipal corruption the entire city is a construction zone. Would not recommend driving there if you can avoid it. Rush hour in tuesdAy will be mental.

Glad I am going to be there around noon, after great afternoon at the pub, subway out to the Big O. It can't come soon enough.

Initial B
11-21-2016, 12:03 AM
I may have an extra ticket for the game. Does anybody want a seat in section 414 Row C, Seat 8 ($30)? PM me if you're interested. I'm coming from Ottawa and could give you the ticket there, or I could email/fax you a hardcopy of the ticket I printed out.

Brooker
11-21-2016, 12:20 AM
I knew the Big O was an absolute dump but I didn't realize the roof was that weak.

I thought you only had to worry about falling concrete in that shithole but apparently, even snowflakes can ruin your evening.

Red CB Toronto
11-21-2016, 01:39 PM
Despite snow, Impact gets green light for Big O playoff gamehttp://montrealgazette.com/sports/soccer/mls/montreal-impact/despite-snow-impact-gets-green-light-for-big-o-playoff-game

Auzzy
11-21-2016, 01:44 PM
Despite snow, Impact gets green light for Big O playoff gamehttp://montrealgazette.com/sports/soccer/mls/montreal-impact/despite-snow-impact-gets-green-light-for-big-o-playoff-game

Thank god, considering we're on the train & arriving in Montreal soon!!!

hulkrogan
11-21-2016, 01:53 PM
This snow/cancellation/reschedule business reminds me of this:

Don Garber on winter schedule: "it's not an if, it's a when" (https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiIpPj3wLrQAhWJhlQKHQRTDXkQFggbMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.reddit.com%2Fr%2FMLS%2Fcomme nts%2F1sch4a%2Fdon_garber_on_winter_schedule_its_n ot_an_if_its_a%2F&usg=AFQjCNHnMdFOyELm0XiqKSLwuPDhO6GhiQ&sig2=YuTXZuvNpf8yxTZasbduaw&bvm=bv.139250283,d.cGw)

Canary10
11-21-2016, 01:56 PM

Don Garber on winter schedule: "it's not an if, it's a when" (https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiIpPj3wLrQAhWJhlQKHQRTDXkQFggbMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.reddit.com%2Fr%2FMLS%2Fcomme nts%2F1sch4a%2Fdon_garber_on_winter_schedule_its_n ot_an_if_its_a%2F&usg=AFQjCNHnMdFOyELm0XiqKSLwuPDhO6GhiQ&sig2=YuTXZuvNpf8yxTZasbduaw&bvm=bv.139250283,d.cGw)

This would be a nightmare. I like soccer in cooler weather - it is actually a very tough game to play in high heat because of all the running - but our winters would ruin the game.

Oldtimer
11-21-2016, 02:01 PM

With Blatter gone the issue is dead. Don't worry about it ever happening.

Canary10
11-21-2016, 02:15 PM
Now that we know the game is happening, my nerves are starting.

So what would everyone realistically be happy with for this game? Something like a 1-1? A goal or two is so important.

charlieocc
11-21-2016, 02:21 PM
Now that we know the game is happening, my nerves are starting.

So what would everyone realistically be happy with for this game? Something like a 1-1? A goal or two is so important.

A draw would be fine, as long as we score. Away goal is so key.

Red CB Toronto
11-21-2016, 02:31 PM
The Reds are about to take the pitch ie concrete carpet at the Big O. You can see our sections in the top right corner of the photo below.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxzudKrXAAE021R.jpg:large

Red CB Toronto
11-21-2016, 02:41 PM
Greg will be on Prime Time Sports with Bobcat tonight. 5:40 PM

Today's PTS guests include...@NHLFlames (https://twitter.com/NHLFlames) GM Brad Treliving at 5:10, @torontofc (https://twitter.com/torontofc) Coach Greg Vanney at 5:40, @BlueJays (https://twitter.com/BlueJays) GM Ross Atkins at 6:35

Red CB Toronto
11-21-2016, 03:20 PM
Just look at how its coming up, someone could blow their knee, etc on it.

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN) 4m4 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/800792475275264000)
Horrendous playing surface inside the Big O. I wouldn't play putt-putt on this. #MLSPlayoffs (https://twitter.com/hashtag/MLSPlayoffs?src=hash)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cxz8eJ1UsAAvm4n.jpg:large

hulkrogan
11-21-2016, 03:26 PM
I took a tour of that stadium when I was in Montreal for the first time. It's just not fathomable that it can exist in a first world country. I'd always heard the stories, but that thing is a debacle of monumental proportions.

Canary10
11-21-2016, 03:49 PM
No game should ever be played on any fake turf in my opinion/experience. It grips way too much. That's how knee and other ligament injuries happen.

Oldtimer
11-21-2016, 04:09 PM
The Reds are about to take the pitch ie concrete carpet at the Big O. You can see our sections in the top right corner of the photo below.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxzudKrXAAE021R.jpg:large

That's so horrible, all those blue coloured seats, :prrr:

I took a tour of that stadium when I was in Montreal for the first time. It's just not fathomable that it can exist in a first world country. I'd always heard the stories, but that thing is a debacle of monumental proportions.

That's what you get when the Mafia run your construction industry, as happened in Montreal in the 1970's.

Expressway overpasses built during the same era are falling apart now, requiring rebuilding.

Canary10
11-21-2016, 04:11 PM

That's what you get when the Mafia run your construction industry, as happened in Montreal in the 1970's.

Expressway overpasses built during the same era are falling apart now, requiring rebuilding.

In the 1970s? Didn't they have a public inquiry into that like last week?

Red CB Toronto
11-21-2016, 04:20 PM
The stories about the trucks of concrete going through the gate, getting counted and going out the gate, all in a circle over and over and the dollar signs went up.

Oldtimer
11-21-2016, 04:23 PM
In the 1970s? Didn't they have a public inquiry into that like last week?

There's still an open question how much organized crime still runs Montreal construction.

:topic:

I can hardly wait for this game, sleeping may be harder tonight!

Auzzy
11-21-2016, 04:23 PM
I don't understand why there turf there is so bad, wasn't it replaced for the women's world cup?

gdg_9
11-21-2016, 04:27 PM
I don't understand why there turf there is so bad, wasn't it replaced for the women's world cup?

It was, but this isn't that turf.
Apparently that turf is now being used elsewhere (I heard someone on twitter say it's at Impact's practice facility).
This is the shitty turf.

Auzzy
11-21-2016, 04:29 PM
It was, but this isn't that turf.
Apparently that turf is now being used elsewhere (I heard someone on twitter say it's at Impact's practice facility).
This is the shitty turf.

OMG that's effin unbelievable. What happened to the WWC turf? Does this shit even meet MLS requirements?

gdg_9
11-21-2016, 04:33 PM
OMG that's effin unbelievable. What happened to the WWC turf? Does this shit even meet MLS requirements?

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/774222849628340224/qUODxPYn_bigger.jpg (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN)Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN) 59m59 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/800797776946860033)Montréal, Québec (https://twitter.com/search?q=place%3A36775d842cbec509)
Kurtis Larson Retweeted Shane Clausing
I'm told it's at Montreal's training ground.

Kurtis Larson added,
Shane Clausing @ShaneC06
@KurtLarSUN @ricardofartura what ever happened to the turf from the World Cup? Or is that the turf?

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/774222849628340224/qUODxPYn_bigger.jpgKurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN) 59m59 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/800797584143056901)
Kurtis Larson Retweeted Gavin Day
Different.

Kurtis Larson added,
Gavin Day @gavinlday
@KurtLarSUN Is it the same surface from the women’s World Cups? That stuff wasn’t bad at all...

GhostKiller
11-21-2016, 05:34 PM
I. can't. wait. any. longer!
I hate this international break.

Red CB Toronto
11-21-2016, 06:14 PM
Just took a time machine to 1976. Looks like it, smells like it, feels it. And I can't wait, Big O here we come.

SarniaTFC
11-21-2016, 07:04 PM
Beers are going down smoothly in Montreal!! Patiently awaiting tomorrow!! COME ON YOU REDS!!

Red CB Toronto
11-21-2016, 07:04 PM
John Tory dumping the Impact out at the curb. ( :

https://www.thestar.com/content/dam/thestar/news/city_hall/2016/11/21/john-tory-sees-savings-in-contracting-out-more-garbage-collection/fullsizerender.jpg.size.custom.crop.877x650.jpg

mistercorporate
11-21-2016, 07:20 PM
There's still an open question how much organized crime still runs Montreal construction.

:topic:

I can hardly wait for this game, sleeping may be harder tonight!

Considering how active the Italian and Jewish mafias are in Toronto, Hamilton and Woodbridge, one would think the Montreal variants are still sitting pretty...

Red CB Toronto
11-21-2016, 08:48 PM
This turf is really starting to worry me.

Taylor Twellman ‏@TaylorTwellman (https://twitter.com/TaylorTwellman) 3h3 hours ago (https://twitter.com/TaylorTwellman/status/800828143078608897)
Safe to say Giovinco is not pleased with the Olympic Stadium turf & he made sure everyone heard it. "danger for all players' careers" #MLS (https://twitter.com/hashtag/MLS?src=hash)

ensco
11-21-2016, 09:16 PM
Klinsmann firing: good or bad for Bradley tomorrow?

Good: Klinsmann really messed with Bradley's game/head, he has to be pleased to see him gone

Bad: it's been a massively chaotic week for Bradley, he's probably had to spend a ton of time today texting teammates etc. It's a huge distraction

InDa_110
11-21-2016, 09:18 PM
Considering how active the Italian and Jewish mafias are in Toronto, Hamilton and Woodbridge, one would think the Montreal variants are still sitting pretty...

The Calabrians in Toronto are much different than the Scilians of Montreal.

Now let's change the subject.

Red CB Toronto
11-21-2016, 09:34 PM
A big positive today was that the news broke after TFC's media availability saving Michael and Jozy from getting bombarded with questions about thus taking the focus away from the Reds.

Klinsmann firing: good or bad for Bradley tomorrow?

Good: Klinsmann really messed with Bradley's game/head, he has to be pleased to see him gone

Bad: it's been a massively chaotic week for Bradley, he's probably had to spend a ton of time today texting teammates etc. It's a huge distraction

Hamilton_Red
11-21-2016, 11:48 PM
from https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1148847/Preview/USA-Major-League-Soccer-2016-Montreal-Impact-Toronto-FC

Team Newshttps://d2zywfiolv4f83.cloudfront.net/img/teams/11135.png Montreal Impact (https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/11135)

Andres Romero is an injury concern for the Montreal Impact ahead of the Eastern Conference final first leg against Toronto FC.
Didier Drogba could feature once again for the Impact after a training ground injury to Matteo Mancosu during the week, although Mancosu managed to play through injury against the Red Bulls.

https://d2zywfiolv4f83.cloudfront.net/img/teams/4186.png Toronto FC (https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/4186)

Steven Beitashour is Toronto FC's only injury concern ahead of the Eastern Conference final against the Montreal Impact.
Greg Vanney has an otherwise clean bill of health for the away game.

Blindside16
11-22-2016, 12:35 AM
That pitch is a complete joke. The league should have more of a say on the matter. I hope the boys make it out in one piece. That being said I'd love a 2-1 win or a tie. An away goal is a must though.

Red CB Toronto
11-22-2016, 01:14 AM
It's game day baby, can you feel it. Wide awake, no sleep in sight!! Guess I will crash out cold once I get on my 6:30 bus in a few hours. Kickoff can't come soon enough !!! See you all in Montreal !!

BendItLikeGio
11-22-2016, 01:47 AM
It's game day baby, can you feel it. Wide awake, no sleep in sight!! Guess I will crash out cold once I get on my 6:30 bus in a few hours. Kickoff can't come soon enough !!! See you all in Montreal !!

cant wait either!!! this wait is killing me, even tho i gotta be out of the house in 3 hrs to take a Go downtown then track my way to the terminal... CANT WAITTTTT

Auzzy
11-22-2016, 03:16 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/774222849628340224/qUODxPYn_bigger.jpg (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN)Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN) 59m59 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/800797776946860033)Montréal, Québec (https://twitter.com/search?q=place%3A36775d842cbec509)
Kurtis Larson Retweeted Shane Clausing
I'm told it's at Montreal's training ground.

Kurtis Larson added,
Shane Clausing @ShaneC06
@KurtLarSUN @ricardofartura what ever happened to the turf from the World Cup? Or is that the turf?

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/774222849628340224/qUODxPYn_bigger.jpgKurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN) 59m59 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/800797584143056901)
Kurtis Larson Retweeted Gavin Day
Different.

Kurtis Larson added,
Gavin Day @gavinlday
@KurtLarSUN Is it the same surface from the women’s World Cups? That stuff wasn’t bad at all...

Yes also confirmed by the Impact: http://www.theprovince.com/sports/montreal+impact+familiarity+edge+with+olympic+stad ium+artificial/12415604/story.html

Who approves bullshit like that? Impact move the better WWC turf (funded by the CSA) to their training facility, but continue to book games at the Big O. Players, 60k fans, and more viewing the game on TV (and forming an opinion on MLS) get a crap worn out surface from 2013, tossed onto concrete with inadequate padding.

Redcoe15
11-22-2016, 05:02 AM
Today is the day!

http://i68.tinypic.com/2z6sdbo.jpg

Redcoe15
11-22-2016, 05:25 AM
For inspiration, the Miracle in Montreal!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCeYSPsKe5A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82sSEQv810w

Blindside16
11-22-2016, 06:13 AM
The L'impact support will be lacking a bit tonight. Apparently SCUM02 is sanctioned by the club for tonight's match due to pyro use on the game against us at the cheese factory. From what I hear no drums or flags.

Rumar
11-22-2016, 06:40 AM
The L'impact support will be lacking a bit tonight. Apparently SCUM02 is sanctioned by the club for tonight's match due to pyro use on the game against us at the cheese factory. From what I hear no drums or flags.

Silenced on a derby playoff match? I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

OgtheDim
11-22-2016, 06:59 AM
:scarf: GAME DAY!!!!

Gosh that took a long time.

Joe Kool
11-22-2016, 09:06 AM
So much talk about Piatti for this game and I have respect for the player and what he can do but I think TFC can neutralize him. David Villa was also a player that hurt TFC over and over again whenever we played NYCFC and where was he in the playoffs?....neutralized by the Reds. Piatti plays a different role to Villa but hopefully TFC will have an effective plan to deal with him as well. I trust that Vanney has come up with something. Can't wait for the game. Going to be hard to concentrate at work today. Go Reds!!!

cmonyoureds
11-22-2016, 09:50 AM

Now that is just insane.
Possibly the biggest game of your franchise's history and you try to handcuff the supporters groups? That's just asking for trouble.
I bet they sneak in stuff. And smaller stuff like smoke and flares is easier to hide than banners and drums.
Just. Stupid.

molenshtain
11-22-2016, 09:54 AM
Amazed that today - of all days - is the day Saputo decides to grow a backbone. Better for us I guess.

Still Kicking
11-22-2016, 10:03 AM
I fear that the 5-0 thrashing of NYCFC weeks ago might have created a monster of expectations tonight in Montreal.

I think that the game should be looked upon as one of those World Cup games where it is the last of the group stage and playing in the next round is already a lock. The TFC next round is the second game in Toronto.
Victory or a draw would be nice bonuses, but TFC can bounce back from a loss. It might even be a bigger motivation for next week in Toronto if TFC have to come back from a deficit (within reason).
1. An away goal or two should be top priority.
2. A game free of yellow cards for those TFC already carrying one.
3. A game free of significant injury from the playing surface

Full backing to those who are travelling... I do not want to dampen your spirits and I salute your dedication.

But I do look at the second leg as the night where our TFC dreams come true....

Red CB Toronto
11-22-2016, 10:09 AM
Tonight as of now is an outright total sellout, packing the Big O to the rafters!! Going to be epic !!

Detroit_TFC
11-22-2016, 10:12 AM
I feel same way: away goal or two plus no injuries = win regardless of actual scoreline (within reason, of course).

OgtheDim
11-22-2016, 11:59 AM
Anybody who thinks this is going to be easy is kidding themselves. Montreal is a VERY good team right now. We stack up well against them, but we also did so on that late August night. BUT, that's playoffs at this stage.

All I really want is to be in with a good shot for the return game. Get us there tonight please.

Canary10
11-22-2016, 01:06 PM
Anybody who thinks this is going to be easy is kidding themselves. Montreal is a VERY good team right now. We stack up well against them, but we also did so on that late August night. BUT, that's playoffs at this stage.

All I really want is to be in with a good shot for the return game. Get us there tonight please.

I agree and am feeling very nervous about this game. Montreal was kinda underestimated a lot of this year. But they're a solid team, and if I can see any team in MLS tapping into the TFC jinx it's them. I think Bradley will be the key for us. If he plays his solid game, slows things down, disrupts, all the things we know he can do, we will win this. But I'm nervous.

Heepster
11-22-2016, 01:08 PM
Did their flight to Montreal leave from Downsview Airport? Does that happen very often?
http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2016/11/21/tfc-hq-toronto-fc-montreal-impact-november-21-2016 (at about 23 seconds into video)

Jack
11-22-2016, 01:12 PM
I agree and am feeling very nervous about this game. Montreal was kinda underestimated a lot of this year. But they're a solid team, and if I can see any team in MLS tapping into the TFC jinx it's them. I think Bradley will be the key for us. If he plays his solid game, slows things down, disrupts, all the things we know he can do, we will win this. But I'm nervous.

As we should be. At this point of the playoffs the odds, favourites and experts' picks mean very little. All four remaining teams are more than capable of taking the Cup.

AdamAM
11-22-2016, 01:13 PM
Is everyone going down to Shoeless Joes for this match? And another rookie question because I've never made it out there before, but which location do you regularly go to? Google turned up more than one :/

Oldtimer
11-22-2016, 01:15 PM

1. Piatti is on a roll. Our D has great difficulty with him.
2. Drogba has accepted his super-sub role and could cause major problems near the end of the match.
3. Montreal is very difficult to break down defensively.
4. Anyone who thinks the one-sided crowd won't benefit Montreal, even if its just to intimidate the ref, is naive.
5. The crappy turf 100% benefit's Montreal. First they know it much better. Secondly their type of game benefits from the increased speed of play.

So this game is going to be very difficult. of course we have our own secret weapon in Seba.

Jack
11-22-2016, 01:17 PM
Is everyone going down to Shoeless Joes for this match? And another rookie question because I've never made it out there before, but which location do you regularly go to? Google turned up more than one :/

1189 King Street West.

Oldtimer
11-22-2016, 01:17 PM

Your answer (and RPB meet at the Showless Joe's listed here): http://redpatchboys.ca/game-day/where-to-watch/

BelfastBoy
11-22-2016, 01:22 PM
Lets get stuck in!:scarf:

CBTFC
11-22-2016, 01:52 PM
Man, that was a long 2+ weeks to wait for this game, but here we are!

As I was feeling for every previous match, I'm cautiously optimistic for tonight. Steal a goal or two on the road and keep Montreal as limited as possible.

See how much the shitty turf plays into the flow of the game, and who it benefits if at all.

C'mon you reds!

Hamilton_Red
11-22-2016, 01:55 PM
This must be the biggest crowd for a domestic soccer match in Canada's history?

It's going to be epic with over 60k - we will need to quieten them down in a hurry.

Captain
11-22-2016, 01:56 PM
So excited for tonight. I went out at lunch and got myself a Montreal smoke meat sandwich for lunch. Just trying feel like I'm with all the supporters in Montreal. Sing it loud and proud for all of us who couldn't make it.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!

cmonyoureds
11-22-2016, 03:00 PM
Man, that was a long 2+ weeks to wait for this game, but here we are!

As I was feeling for every previous match, I'm cautiously optimistic for tonight. Steal a goal or two on the road and keep Montreal as limited as possible.

See how much the shitty turf plays into the flow of the game, and who it benefits if at all.

C'mon you reds!

So excited for tonight. I went out at lunch and got myself a Montreal smoke meat sandwich for lunch. Just trying feel like I'm with all the supporters in Montreal. Sing it loud and proud for all of us who couldn't make it.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!

You folks trying to get my attention? :rolleyes:

marquis
11-22-2016, 03:08 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cx4YeekXUAQmnE5.jpg

aajking
11-22-2016, 03:21 PM
Anyone know of a stream that'll include pregame?

CBTFC
11-22-2016, 03:27 PM

Yeah, that's a crapshoot...any live stream I've ever found for a game, didn't specify whether it would include the pre game or not. Sometimes the stream wouldn't "tune in" until right when the game kicked off, or sometimes several minutes after, whereas other times it would already be showing whatever was broadcasting on that station leading up for maybe 5-10 minutes prior.

aajking
11-22-2016, 03:37 PM
Yeah, that's a crapshoot...any live stream I've ever found for a game, didn't specify whether it would include the pre game or not. Sometimes the stream wouldn't "tune in" until right when the game kicked off, or sometimes several minutes after, whereas other times it would already be showing whatever was broadcasting on that station leading up for maybe 5-10 minutes prior.

We need more TFC fans on reddit feeds like Safestreams. If anyone has a Reddit account I can get you an invite so there's more requests for TFC streams.

Capt.Cro
11-22-2016, 03:56 PM

TSN.ca streams the full broadcast for free if you're a cable/satellite subscriber

AdamAM
11-22-2016, 03:57 PM
cheers Jack & Oldtimer

Scotty74
11-22-2016, 04:22 PM
I'm feeling quietly optimistic about the game tonight. I think we can defo get an away goal which is vital.

A repeat of the NYCFC away game would be even better :-)

Go and get them!

Waggy
11-22-2016, 04:45 PM
Wound up taking the day off, thank you ESPN Aus for deigning to actually show this one! (even if not showing next week :/)

Cracked on with the ciders at 10:30. Let's get it. One or 2 away goals and I may soil myself.

Canary10
11-22-2016, 04:47 PM
I'm feeling quietly optimistic about the game tonight. I think we can defo get an away goal which is vital.

A repeat of the NYCFC away game would be even better :-)

Go and get them!

Wish I felt the same, but thumbs up to that!!!

GBV
11-22-2016, 04:50 PM
TSN.ca has game listed as being on TSN1.

Not on TSN 4 until approximately 9:30 p.m., after Leafs game.

Ajax TFC
11-22-2016, 04:57 PM
Anyone know of any places in orangeville that would be showing the game? Or guelph? I'd normally just watch the game online at home, but I don't want to risk my Internet going on the fritz and missing half the game

mistercorporate
11-22-2016, 05:05 PM

Shoeless Joe's is the best, large and welcoming crowd.

GBV
11-22-2016, 05:08 PM
Anyone know of any places in orangeville that would be showing the game? Or guelph? I'd normally just watch the game online at home, but I don't want to risk my Internet going on the fritz and missing half the game

The upper area of Fionn MacCool's in Guelph is showing it ..... some who take the bus from there to the home games are to be on hand.

Waggy
11-22-2016, 05:29 PM
Random also but if anyones in NZ shout out. The bar that I normally hit for north american sports is still closed cause of quake damage but should be open again next week if people are in Wellington and want to gather for the 2nd leg!

michaeltfc91
11-22-2016, 05:37 PM
We're still at mcleans... When's the march

SenorDingDong
11-22-2016, 05:40 PM
I personally am a bit nervous for this game. I think the long break will have messed with the Rhythm of the team. I expect the first 30 minutes to be scrappy...

Derko
11-22-2016, 06:29 PM

The Mad Hatter or BVR in Orangeville will put the game on.

vortexdr
11-22-2016, 06:52 PM
Isnt this game on TV? I'm on rogers....all i can find is a french channel RDS starting at 8 the rest of the sports ones have nhl...am i missing something..

ronzilla
11-22-2016, 07:12 PM
It's on TSN1 and TSN3. My options are a pub or a shitty stream.

vortexdr
11-22-2016, 07:17 PM

I found it thanks! They hide it in the 400's.... I only ever really check my first 100....

Well i can for sure say this game wont get good viewer numbers.

stegosaurus
11-22-2016, 07:19 PM

I'll be at the game, but http://streamm.eu should have it in 720p. Fast connection required though.

glaze
11-22-2016, 07:35 PM
Anyone have a crowd update for Joes?
Is it full or can people still get in?

Cuchulain
11-22-2016, 07:44 PM
What's this? A pregame show? My lord!

OgtheDim
11-22-2016, 07:57 PM
I'm not used to this pregame actual discussion thing.

OgtheDim
11-22-2016, 08:09 PM
OH dear

https://twitter.com/sharigibson_/status/801227191644254208

PAOK17
11-22-2016, 08:11 PM
OH dear

https://twitter.com/sharigibson_/status/801227191644254208 What a circus Montreal

Batman
11-22-2016, 08:12 PM
LOLOLOL... way to go Montreal.

SenorDingDong
11-22-2016, 08:17 PM
How can you mess that up? Embarrassing stuff.

Seba is going to be so mad.

PAOK17
So their backup stadium that can't handle snow, is even crappier than we thought?

ronzilla
Montreal morons really live up to their name, Now there could be a 30 minute delay

Redcoe15
11-22-2016, 08:18 PM
Way to embarrass the league, L'impact! :cuss:

Yohan
11-22-2016, 08:18 PM
@wowza, please add this lulz to the Beat the Impact song somehow

SenorDingDong
11-22-2016, 08:19 PM
No wonder Drogba was the way he was. This is a gongshow.

Batman
11-22-2016, 08:21 PM
This reminds be of an old commercial on US foootball,,, guy busy painting the endzone in Kansas City
did a beautiful and detailed pain job
and at the end it showed up as
"Go Chefs"

OgtheDim
11-22-2016, 08:23 PM
TFC grounds crew throwing shade

https://twitter.com/TFC_GroundsDept/status/801232346615873536

tfcfans
11-22-2016, 08:24 PM
Well this makes our league look professional in the eyes of many newcomers to MLS tonight.....literally waiting for paint to dry.....:facepalm: