PDA

View Full Version : Carpool thread to NYC for game - Nov 6 2016

spe18
10-29-2016, 03:05 PM
Ok, so let's post comments here on carpool rides offered and needed for the second leg of the eastern conference finals next Sunday, November 6, time TBD.

Please indicate if you can offer a ride, or if you need a ride. If you are offering a ride, please indicate how much room you have in your vehicle, and how much you expect each person to pay towards gas, mileage, etc.

Also, indicate when and where you'll be leaving from the TO area, and when you expect to come back.

Frings22
10-29-2016, 04:06 PM
Hey guys, I'm looking for 1 seat to and or from NYC. I live in Mississauga (I can meet in Toronto if it helps) and I'm super flexible on departure and arrival times (I was thinking of leaving Friday November 4th and coming back Monday November 7th but again I'm flexible with dates and times). I'll gladly pay my fair share of gas money :) Side note, if we don't end up finding any drivers, let's try and coordinate megabus departures and arrivals so us TFC fans travel together :)

SmokedPanda
10-30-2016, 04:05 PM
I am looking for two seats to nyc, I can leave anytime Friday afternoon... I also know my way around Manhattan very well so I will contribute towards gas and help drive to nyc and around manhattan and find you free street parking.

FluSH
11-01-2016, 06:08 AM
Bump!

spe18
11-01-2016, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the bump! I am also looking for ride down to NYC. My preference would be to leave Friday evening (after work) and then come back on Monday, as there can be quite a bit to see in the big apple!

Frings22
11-01-2016, 08:47 PM
Just booked my accommodation and bus ticket back from NYC so I'm only looking for 1 way from Toronto to NYC on either Friday or Saturday.

SmokedPanda
11-02-2016, 12:11 AM
fyi in Manhattan street parking is free overnight on Saturday evening and free all day Sunday until 8am Monday. Just make sure you read the street signs and that you are parked in the correct zone, be aware of permit only parking signs as well.

Eleven
11-02-2016, 02:52 AM
Offer

We're leaving from Oakville on Fri 04nov anytime after 18:30 but hopefully before 19:30 to minimise traffic jams. We can meet at Oakville GO train station.

It's a 7-8 hour drive so we were thinking of overnighting outside NYC (cheaper hotel & parking rates?).

Planning to head in to the city in the morning. Haven't thought about the timing, but I'm sure we can all work it out.

Returning on Monday, 07nov. Again, we haven't thought about exactly what time yet, but will definitely be seeking to minimise traffic jam impact all the way back. I know we won't leave at stupid o'clock because we'll need some time to not still be drunk from the night before...

There are three seats in the back but it'll probably be more comfy if there are just two people unless you're Olive Oyl sized.

There's ample leg room for <190cm tall people.

A full tank gets about 550-600km, IIRC. And it'll be approx 1500km round trip. So sharing gas costs and would appreciate contribution towards parking.

Car is 1.5 years old, serviced <2 months ago, and tires checked a couple days ago.

I'm looking forward to a fun & exciting trip!

Red4ever
11-02-2016, 08:06 AM
I know we won't leave at stupid o'clock because we'll need some time to not still be drunk from the night before...

hahaha I quite enjoyed, stupid O clock.

Also, people should follow this lead. No need to push it when you could take a couple more hours to sleep it off. Be safe!

Frings22
11-02-2016, 02:59 PM
Offer

We're leaving from Oakville on Fri 04nov anytime after 18:30 but hopefully before 19:30 to minimise traffic jams. We can meet at Oakville GO train station.

It's a 7-8 hour drive so we were thinking of overnighting outside NYC (cheaper hotel & parking rates?).

Planning to head in to the city in the morning. Haven't thought about the timing, but I'm sure we can all work it out.

Returning on Monday, 07nov. Again, we haven't thought about exactly what time yet, but will definitely be seeking to minimise traffic jam impact all the way back. I know we won't leave at stupid o'clock because we'll need some time to not still be drunk from the night before...

There are three seats in the back but it'll probably be more comfy if there are just two people unless you're Olive Oyl sized.

There's ample leg room for <190cm tall people.

A full tank gets about 550-600km, IIRC. And it'll be approx 1500km round trip. So sharing gas costs and would appreciate contribution towards parking.

Car is 1.5 years old, serviced <2 months ago, and tires checked a couple days ago.

I'm looking forward to a fun & exciting trip!
PM'd you Eleven :)

Eleven
11-02-2016, 08:47 PM
hahaha I quite enjoyed, stupid O clock.

Also, people should follow this lead. No need to push it when you could take a couple more hours to sleep it off. Be safe!
👍👍😁

UPDATE:
So, Frings22 with one spot to NYC. One spot left, or two if at least one of you is of narrower proportions, for comfort purposes. Size wise, a Morgan, a Chapman & an Oso OR 2xJozy would be fine 😬 unless you're good with marathon snuggling...

All spots on return still open.

FluSH
11-02-2016, 09:17 PM
👍👍😁

UPDATE:
So, Frings22 with one spot to NYC. One spot left, or two if at least one of you is of narrower proportions, for comfort purposes. Size wise, a Morgan, a Chapman & an Oso OR 2xJozy would be fine 😬 unless you're good with marathon snuggling...

All spots on return still open.

2xJozy Hilarious!!!

Folks this is an offer of a lifetime! This might very well be the best TFC Roadtrip in 10yrs!

Eleven
11-03-2016, 02:35 PM
2xJozy Hilarious!!!

Folks this is an offer of a lifetime! This might very well be the best TFC Roadtrip in 10yrs!

🙌

UPDATE:
A Lurch-sized (tallpaul74) for the roundtrip, but still awaiting his confirmation.

I'll give up my front seat to him for the drive down if we get another fellow (non-Hulk sized) traveller for the roundtrip. Would be ideal if you were Mystique in camouflage as Pinky or The Brain.

Mateo1985
11-03-2016, 02:45 PM
Is anyone driving down over night leaving on Saturday? I finish work around 3pm on Saturday so if anyone going last minute please let me know.

If so are there still any more tickets available for the game?

Thank you

Marcus
11-03-2016, 04:18 PM
Leaving first thing Saturday morning and planning to leave NY around 11am on Monday.
Driving a mini van so not great on gas but lots of space.

FluSH
11-03-2016, 04:41 PM
Awesome folks! Let's get as many supporters down there and witness History in the making!!

Mateo1985
11-03-2016, 05:09 PM
Based on what I hear and see there will be at least 300 TFC supporters for this game. For those hesitating to go this is definitely a great road trip to take

Eleven
11-03-2016, 06:37 PM
UPDATE:
Haven't heard back from tallpaul74. So if we don't hear back from him or anyone else by 20:00, we're going to firm up our Fri night in a hotel using rewards points but no roll-away bed option.So you'd have to either get your own room or we drop you off in a nearby cheaper hotel. If you're in time, we stay elsewhere for about $40 each.

Xcalibur815
11-03-2016, 08:31 PM
anyone leaving late Saturday/early Sunday?

cheers,

Alejandro

FluSH
11-03-2016, 08:35 PM
Leaving first thing Saturday morning and planning to leave NY around 11am on Monday.
Driving a mini van so not great on gas but lots of space.

Folks, you got Marcus and Eleven offering up a ride! What more can you ask for!? Get connected with either of these gents and get going!

Eleven
11-03-2016, 09:29 PM
Folks, you got Marcus and Eleven offering up a ride! What more can you ask for!? Get connected with either of these gents and get going!

Ahem... or not. #NotYourTypicalDemographic 😝

UPDATE:
So looks like it'll just be Frings22 along for the ride there. For last minuters, if you can make it to Oakville around 18:00-18:30 tomorrow, let me know by 17:00.

For those whose return plans go awry, I'll check for messages before we leave on Monday.

spe18
11-03-2016, 09:55 PM
I received a message from Sunderland_WAG who wanted me to post this ride offer:

I have a Honda CRV with two seats going to NYC on Sunday AM returning after the game

Please PM Sunderland_WAG if you are interested in this offer!

Also, it looks like I myself will not be able to make it to NYC this weekend :(

Mateo1985
11-03-2016, 10:41 PM
I received a message from Sunderland_WAG who wanted me to post this ride offer:

I have a Honda CRV with two seats going to NYC on Sunday AM returning after the game

Please PM Sunderland_WAG if you are interested in this offer!

Also, it looks like I myself will not be able to make it to NYC this weekend :(

I PM'd Sunderland for the trip to NYC. I'll make it back on my own but I will see how this works out with him. If you're not going is your ticket to the game available to be sold?

spe18
11-04-2016, 06:28 AM
I PM'd Sunderland for the trip to NYC. I'll make it back on my own but I will see how this works out with him. If you're not going is your ticket to the game available to be sold?

Actually, I never did get a ticket.

Xcalibur815
11-05-2016, 11:19 AM
anyone leaving after the game?
looking for a ride

cheers!

gmacpheetfc
11-05-2016, 12:32 PM
Looking for a ride back from nyc either monday or after the game.

Eleven
11-06-2016, 12:03 AM
UPDATE:

As a reply to some DMs with same question. We're leaving Monday morning, sometime after not-still-drunk o'clock. At latest, we looking to be home 20:00-21:00 on Monday evening. Preferably 18:00-19:00.

Will most probably go to pre-game pub. If you're desperate, PM your # so we're not playing PM tag.