PDA

View Full Version : 6:23 Eastern Time and No word

akpatel47
07-28-2008, 05:25 PM
I imagine the MLS offices close at 5:00 in NYC, that time has passed and still no word on the deal being official. I guess Chaf Barrett won't be playing tonight.

justin
07-28-2008, 06:20 PM
who's chaf?

but yes, this is concerning.

Pachuco
07-28-2008, 06:23 PM
it's now 7:20pm EST

justin
07-28-2008, 06:39 PM
we need paul insight. paul, i'm using my telepathic powers to tell you to stop what you're doing(unless its somehow finalizing barrett paperwork) and make your way to the message board to fill us in on his playing status for tonight. end transmission.

flatpicker
07-28-2008, 06:40 PM
wow!

7:38pm... still nothing!!!!????!!!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!

MG42
07-28-2008, 06:50 PM
lol watch Barrett and Dickov play tonight...sorry I guess that's not funny right now :(

colman1860
07-28-2008, 07:08 PM
they cant parachute him in this late, can they (contract wise, i know hes already there)? so smith and ibee?

somehow i can see it happening though. im sure if theyre just managing to finish it now, a press release is the last thing on their mind. we may see him, but overall i doubt it.

noochie
07-28-2008, 07:20 PM
Yeah, I am pretty sure no press release is required as long as the contract is done with the league.

mlsintoronto
07-28-2008, 07:25 PM
not happening. I'll give you one guess which of the two cities involved is causing the delay resultin in Chad not playing tonight for Toronto... oh well. we have long memories.

edit...and who telepathically interrupted me 43 minutes ago?

Smuttynose
07-28-2008, 07:26 PM
brutal!

Smuttynose
07-28-2008, 07:27 PM
we need paul insight. paul, i'm using my telepathic powers to tell you to stop what you're doing(unless its somehow finalizing barrett paperwork) and make your way to the message board to fill us in on his playing status for tonight. end transmission.

man... justin you're good!

werewolf
07-28-2008, 07:28 PM
thats stupid, but considering how long we have been sitting on McBride's rights, its not surprising it would bite us back eventually.

Roogsy
07-28-2008, 07:30 PM
My hatred of Chicago is building!!!

mlsintoronto
07-28-2008, 07:31 PM
My hatred of Chicago is building!!!

mine too

Nuvinho
07-28-2008, 07:33 PM
mine too

damn them!!!

James17930
07-28-2008, 07:37 PM
It's 8:35, and . . .

Oh wait. Nevermind.

DigzTFC!
07-28-2008, 07:38 PM
mlsintoronto....is that still paul beirne? Does this mean Chicago is stalling this? I bet this was over the reported international spot added to the trade...and tomorrow they will agree.

S_D
07-28-2008, 07:39 PM
not surprising at all. Considering Chicago is short a forward until BMB gets back they gonna make us wait as long as possible too.

If Chicago become dicks about it, since the deal isn't finalised... tell Chicago the deal has changed and we want 2010's first round draft and any more goodies you can think of.

Actually a video of Kloppas mowing their entire stadium's grass with a weed trimmer should do it :D

arsenal
07-28-2008, 07:43 PM
not happening. I'll give you one guess which of the two cities involved is causing the delay resultin in Chad not playing tonight for Toronto... oh well. we have long memories.

Hopefully this makes it way into the locker room ..... a little extra motivation tonight to beat RSL.

Smenge
07-28-2008, 07:43 PM
They may be waiting on medical reports regarding Dichio's broken brain. Mo may have a lot to discuss tomorrow: Dichio season ending injury, Tebily going home to mama, Dichov wanting more money, it goes on and on......no wonder players want to play in fucking norway.

colman1860
07-28-2008, 07:48 PM
The logic is easy if youre fucking chicago: why help an eastern conference opponent out when theyre playing two teams from the west next?

Carts
07-28-2008, 07:49 PM

F***** Fire...!!!!!:mad:

Be sure you give the league a big piece of your minds about this (yourself, Mo, JC, everyone!)...

Stunts like this show how bush league people (THE FIRE!) can be in pro sports...

Hopefully the MLS looks into it - if someone in the NFL delayed and it was proven you could only imagine how big of a fine they'd slap them with!

Carts...

DigzTFC!
07-28-2008, 07:52 PM
Now, the league should get involved....this is absolutely ridiculous. If the terms are agreed upon, submitted to the league, the player is training with TFC.....then stop the overtly childish business tactics. Seriously if MLS wants McBride as an ambassador then stop messing around. This is like two kids fighting over a bucket in the sandbox. This league needs to get it act together

NF-FC
07-28-2008, 08:03 PM
justin, use your powers to contact Jarrod Smith. Tell him to hit the net. While your at it, also contact any poor shmuck of a GM in Norway and have them buy Cunny from us

LucaGol
07-28-2008, 08:04 PM
Things are gonna get hostile when Chicago visits BMO.

justin
07-28-2008, 09:20 PM
justin, use your powers to contact Jarrod Smith. Tell him to hit the net. While your at it, also contact any poor shmuck of a GM in Norway and have them buy Cunny from us

didn't see this thread again til now. i'm on it.

noochie
07-28-2008, 10:33 PM
Klopas is a cunt.

RPB_Brantford_08
07-28-2008, 10:46 PM
F***** Fire...!!!!!:mad:

Be sure you give the league a big piece of your minds about this (yourself, Mo, JC, everyone!)...

Stunts like this show how bush league people (THE FIRE!) can be in pro sports...

Hopefully the MLS looks into it - if someone in the NFL delayed and it was proven you could only imagine how big of a fine they'd slap them with!

Carts...

Its not the Fires job to help TFC....could you see Man utd going out of its way to help chelsea, Liverpool, arsenal? neither can i, welcome to pro football 101, look after your self interests.

Carts
07-29-2008, 08:19 AM
Its not the Fires job to help TFC....could you see Man utd going out of its way to help chelsea, Liverpool, arsenal? neither can i, welcome to pro football 101, look after your self interests.

Actually, each team in the NFL, NHL, and NBA (the pro-sports I have worked very closely with) must complete all paperwork, internal player moves and deals in "good faith" and "due dilligence"...

Teams found trying to delay internal moves, delay external player trades, and/or kill deals for their own benefit (on the field/ice/court or in the bank [money related w/internal moves]) face sanctions and fines (big ones in the NFL)...

The 'look after your self interests' is actually second to the integrity of the league in pro-sports in North America... I'm interested to see if the MLS follows that mold (as they want to be a major sport in North America) or the Euro mold you speak of...

This is due to the strong Union influence in pro-sports in North America... The Players Associations of all leagues look out for the players first, league second... People often hate the unions for player strikes or lockouts - but often they keep the teams "honest" when dealing with moves etc (this being a prime example, if Chicago held up the paperwork on purpose)...

Carts...

RPB_Brantford_08
07-29-2008, 08:25 AM
If chicago keeps delaying then TFC should say deal off and let McBride either play of us or sit, or TFC got ask for an added player/pick just to see the Fires reaction. The Fire might be waiting to see if they are in playoff contention before a deal is finally pulled off, if not they might just wait it out.

mlsintoronto
07-29-2008, 10:02 AM
mls is small and we have a long memory. this will come around... karma is a bitch.

koryo
07-29-2008, 10:04 AM
mls is small and we have a long memory. this will come around... karma is a bitch.

Does the MLS share it's proverbs with the Klingons or something?

I kid, I kid. :)

Kevvv
07-29-2008, 10:10 AM
"What goes around is all around" - Ricky

Carts
07-29-2008, 11:03 AM

Ohhhh, the last home game of the season could have an even bigger edge to it...NICE! :D

Carts...

Bobo
07-29-2008, 01:19 PM
I'm a little unfamiliar with this situation but if a deal has not been finalised, then what is Chicago doing wrong?

colman1860
07-29-2008, 03:49 PM
I'm a little unfamiliar with this situation but if a deal has not been finalised, then what is Chicago doing wrong?

Well it sounds like the deal could have easily been done but Chicago stalled over useless shit aka "our scanner is broken so we cant send it to MLS" or "I cant find a pen to sign this thing" for hours, thus causing us to be chadless last night.

Smenge
07-29-2008, 03:56 PM
Knowing MO, Chad never comes to toronto....he is packaged in another trade that MO has been working on......stay tuned.

S_D
07-29-2008, 05:01 PM

Paul,

Has McB signed his contract with MLS yet?

Gobi
07-29-2008, 06:10 PM
Mo stole Chicago's stapler and now we're all paying for it!