PDA

View Full Version : Match Day Playoffs Round 1 - Home At Last - Philly @ TFC Wednesday Oct 26

Pages : [1] 2

OgtheDim
10-23-2016, 06:43 PM
Have at it people.

I'm coming home
I'm coming home
Tell the world I'm coming home
Let the rain wash away all the pain of yesterday
I know my kingdom awaits and they've forgiven my mistakes
I'm coming home, I'm coming home
Tell the world that I'm coming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-ImCpNqbJw

anto7
10-23-2016, 07:01 PM
I don't give a crap about our recent struggles, after 10 years of waiting we finally get to see a play off game at BMO and I am so stoked for this. We need to make it an atmosphere like no other and do everything we can to will the boys to a victory and the showdown on Sunday with NYFC. I have travelled thousands of miles from Belleville for the last 10 seasons but it will be so worth it just for this game on Wednesday.

DIEHARDTFC
10-23-2016, 07:07 PM
I'm so excited, nervous and thrilled..can't wait til weds. I'm a huge raptor fan and for the first time in years, the raps opener is not even on my radar.

AdamAM
10-23-2016, 07:27 PM
This is going to be one of the most joyous moments of my life.

Whitbyreds
10-23-2016, 07:31 PM
When we beat Philly will the first leg be in Toronto against NYCFC? I'm sure it will be but I need to book my flight from Regina and want to be sure.

molenshtain
10-23-2016, 07:32 PM
Bussing back for this game and hopefully for sunday. Can't wait. Stadium is going to be electric. Whatever the outcome, let's savor the experience.

That said, We better beat this currently god awful philly team. No reason we shouldn't beat them easily.

molenshtain
10-23-2016, 07:33 PM
When we beat Philly will the first leg be in Toronto against NYCFC? I'm sure it will be but I need to book my flight from Regina and want to be sure.

you're correct. If we win we play again on Sunday in Toronto.

Kayaker
10-23-2016, 07:34 PM
This is a good playoff setup...... first the Union, then NYFC. Both of which, I think we can beat. Red Bulls are a strong team but I feel that we *can* beat them, if we take it to them in the first game.

Hey, this is what we wanted... playoff soccer with all the uncertainty involved. Let's get to it.

Whitbyreds
10-23-2016, 07:37 PM
Thank you! I will book right after the final whistle. I think I may have the longest commute for a season ticket holder. Worst year to get relocated.

Gringo Starr
10-23-2016, 07:50 PM
Glad we avoid D.C. and the Red Bulls, not looking forward that midget size pitch in the return leg in NYC though, we better build a good advantage at home in the first leg.

OgtheDim
10-23-2016, 07:51 PM
For those wondering why we are on Wednesday, the same night as the Raptors home opener, US TV makes this call. ESPN apparently wanted the Union game no matter who they played. And RDS can't show games Wednesday due to the Habs opener and the World Series. Frankly, the Raptors playing Detroit in my mind is small potatoes compared to a Toronto team in the playoffs but the media in this town won't see it that way.

bigredone
10-23-2016, 08:37 PM
reds,reds,reds,reds,reds,reds all reds and nothing else make me a happy boy reds,reds,reds,reds,reds,reds,reds,reds,reds
:megaphone:cccccccccmmmmmmmmmmooooooooooonnnnnnnnn nn yyyyyyyyyyyoooooooooouuuuuu rrrrrrreeeeeeeeeedddddsssssssss
:scarf: :scarf:

OTDude82
10-23-2016, 08:49 PM
This game will be EPIC!! Cant wait. Todays announced crowd was 25000, meaning 5,000 empty seats. I heard that they sold close to 30,000 today. Hard to pick out the 5,000 empty seats today. Lots of tickets left for Wednesday Looks like 25,000 sold tops. It will be hard to sell out in 2.5 days. Hopefully Toronto will get their crap together and support this team.

Oldtimer
10-23-2016, 09:26 PM
After 10 years, 9 of them garbage, we finally get a home playoff game. It's so much sweeter for us than supporters of many teams considering what we've been through. Most analysts think TFC will win.

mowe
10-23-2016, 09:53 PM
Win or lose, I can not wait to cheer on my team in the first playoff game at BMO Field. It is going to be electric.

reggie
10-23-2016, 09:58 PM
looks like a ton of tickets avail in the upper east end.at 75 each that is overpriced stupid mlse s/b no more then 50 each.we may only get 20k for our 1st playoff game that is disappointing if true.

Oldtimer
10-23-2016, 10:03 PM
I expect a huge walk up crowd.

mistercorporate
10-23-2016, 10:10 PM
Somebody pinch me...it's happening, and I'm going! All the supporters section sold out in just a few hours, I hope MLSE goes all out to sell these tickets (I'm confident it will sell out)...I'm stoked just to be a part of club history!

Joe Kool
10-23-2016, 10:14 PM
They should have never assumed overpriced tickets would sell but it is MLSE and most sports teams in Toronto think that they can charge what they want because it is Toronto. The core of fans will be there that are always there but it will be no Raptor playoff game with Jurassic park like atmosphere outside the stadium. MLSE should have taken baby steps and made sure they could sell out the stadium first.

OgtheDim
10-24-2016, 05:19 AM
Hourly forecast for Wednesday night at 7/8

7 degrees feeling like 3 East wind Rain moving in slowly during the second half

We few, we happy few

ensco
10-24-2016, 06:23 AM
Hourly forecast for Wednesday night at 7 (http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/x-apple-data-detectors://1)/8

7 degrees feeling like 3 East wind Rain moving in slowly during the second half

We few, we happy few

This forecast is going to cause me to watch on TV.

I will be there Sunday.

MightyDM
10-24-2016, 07:35 AM

Yes.

MightyDM
10-24-2016, 07:44 AM

I will be there Sunday.

Ensco, you are a loyal supporter and great contributor to these boards. You owe it to yourself and to the rest of us to be there. Ten years! Consider the US postal service motto "neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night"..... We need you there!

ensco
10-24-2016, 07:46 AM
Ensco, you are a loyal supporter and great contributor to these boards. You owe it to yourself and to the rest of us to be there. Ten years! Consider the US postal service motto "neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night"..... We need you there!

Thank you for the compliment. I will think about what you say.

InDa_110
10-24-2016, 07:51 AM

I will be there Sunday.

You're either joking, or seriously fucked in the head

ensco
10-24-2016, 08:05 AM
You're either joking, or seriously fucked in the head

I'm just saying what a lot of people are thinking, but are afraid to post (gee, I wonder why).

It's bad luck, although I could argue that the league are asking for it, playing night games at this time of year.

Chevy
10-24-2016, 08:14 AM

I will be there Sunday.

Really? That's like waiting a decade for a date with Sienna Miller but bailing because she's having a bad hair day. Get yourself down to the pitch man!

lintberg
10-24-2016, 08:26 AM
It amazes me that anyone that bothers posting on a supporters group board would actually not even bother attending the teams first ever play off game at home because it's gonna be a wee bit on the chilly side.....seriously!
Are you in fact even a supporter???

I for one will be there with a nice warm coat on singing for the boys in red and totally enjoying what's likely to be the best atmosphere for a TFC game ever!! :drum:

dupont
10-24-2016, 08:33 AM
I will wear ten coats if I have to! Nothing is stopping me from being at this match!

lintberg
10-24-2016, 08:34 AM
Exactly!!!!

I will wear ten coats if I have to! Nothing is stopping me from being at this match!

Canary10
10-24-2016, 08:43 AM
If you can't show up on a cold Wednesday night at BMO Field....

Hamilton_Red
10-24-2016, 08:52 AM
MLS Cup Final could be December 10th at BMO. It could be positively tropical Wenesday compared to the final.

While this should be a winnable game based on the season, on our current form I'm kind of sickly nervous that our last 5-6 games have been awfull. Last years playoffs felt a lot like he Walking Dead season opener. I'll have to rely on blind hope.

Canary10
10-24-2016, 08:54 AM
Still a lot of tickets available, but we only knew last night the day and time of this game, and whether we'd be playing in this round. I'd love to know where the idea that Toronto residents will pay ridiculous prices for their sports tickets comes from. In a city where you pay a million dollars for your house, people are really stretched for their discretionary spending. MLSE should get off this idea now. Only with the Leafs can you charge whatever you want.

Red4ever
10-24-2016, 09:09 AM

Old "Ten Coats Dupont". Always with the coats...

Primavera
10-24-2016, 09:10 AM
Still a lot of tickets available, but we only knew last night the day and time of this game, and whether we'd be playing in this round. I'd love to know where the idea that Toronto residents will pay ridiculous prices for their sports tickets comes from. In a city where you pay a million dollars for your house, people are really stretched for their discretionary spending. MLSE should get off this idea now. Only with the Leafs can you charge whatever you want.

I'm trying to sell my tickets for the "early bird member price" both on these boards and on Craigslist. Not one person has expressed interest.

$65 is a lot of money.

TFC Tifoso
10-24-2016, 09:13 AM
anyone know when the tix for Wednesday will show up in the Account Manager??

YYZ_Fan
10-24-2016, 09:16 AM
I'm trying to sell my tickets for the "early bird member price" both on these boards and on Craigslist. Not one person has expressed interest.

$65 is a lot of money.

5 year season ticket holder who renewed for 2017 without buying playoff tickets.
Charging 3x the price for a Home Game that 40% of MLS teams get every year is steep.

Saying that, the cold weather could drive pricing in the secondary market <$50. That is my personal price point.

ensco
10-24-2016, 09:22 AM
Hey I totally get it.

I am making a point about more than the true hardcores, not about what anyone here should do.

My problem is, I am old enough to have frozen my ass at the 1982 Grey Cup. It can very unpleasant down there, TFC haven't really had a game like that yet.

(I think this weather question is a big part of this year's Grey Cup debacle too.)

ou8jonesy
10-24-2016, 09:30 AM
I may be wrong but the past two seasons of construction has left many people with poor memories. The weather at the beginning of each season is usually just as bad if not worse than it is expected to be on Wednesday night. Bonus now is we have a roof that will provide some protection unless of course you are in the south stands. I can't wait for this game.

Oldtimer
10-24-2016, 09:50 AM

We also have the most expensive roster in the league. Giovinco may love Toronto, but he doesn't play for free. You have to cover his wage bill somehow, and TFC has lost money since getting him. Same deal with Altidore and Bradley.

The prices (at least for SSHs) are in line with the product.

ronzilla
10-24-2016, 09:51 AM
I was hoping for a bye in the knockout rounds, but this could now work in our favor, as the team will not become rusty and will be fit for next game.

Still cant believe this, a home playoff game coming sooon !!

Canary10
10-24-2016, 10:11 AM
We also have the most expensive roster in the league. Giovinco may love Toronto, but he doesn't play for free. You have to cover his wage bill somehow, and TFC has lost money since getting him. Same deal with Altidore and Bradley.

The prices (at least for SSHs) are in line with the product.

I'm not hearing that at all. In fact, people in my section yesterday were complaining about the prices. The market is what determines price. I can spend a million dollars on my house renovation. But that won't determine if I get $2 million selling it, the market will.

Primavera
10-24-2016, 10:23 AM
anyone know when the tix for Wednesday will show up in the Account Manager??

This from my MLSE ticketing rep: “They should be available for print around noon today.”

backbeat
10-24-2016, 10:27 AM
I'm going to the game Wednesday evening....but....

I'd be shocked if we get anywhere close to a sellout crowd.

as far as i can see and hear the team just doesn't have that buzz around town happening

also with the game date and time being announced so last minute i think we'll be in the 20 to 25k range

i'd love to see a packed house and i hope i'm wrong

mdc 77
10-24-2016, 10:41 AM
I'm going to the game Wednesday evening....but....

I'd be shocked if we get anywhere close to a sellout crowd.

as far as i can see and hear the team just doesn't have that buzz around town happening

also with the game date and time being announced so last minute i think we'll be in the 20 to 25k range

i'd love to see a packed house and i hope i'm wrong

I'd be surprised at this point if we see anything over 20,000, they definitely priced too it high. From looking on ticketmaster, and just gauging what people have been saying I was thinking we'll see 18,000-20,000. Bit disappointing for sure.

TFC Tifoso
10-24-2016, 10:44 AM
This from my MLSE ticketing rep: “They should be available for print around noon today.”

cool, thx......

Laiping
10-24-2016, 10:47 AM
TFC playoff tickets now available to be printed! :))

Primavera
10-24-2016, 10:49 AM
I'd be surprised at this point if we see anything over 20,000, they definitely priced too it high. From looking on ticketmaster, and just gauging what people have been saying I was thinking we'll see 18,000-20,000. Bit disappointing for sure.

Definitely some strange availability showing on TM right now. Loads and loads of tickets available for Wednesday in the East uppers. For Sunday it looks like it's nearly sold out.

Canary10
10-24-2016, 10:51 AM
Definitely some strange availability showing on TM right now. Loads and loads of tickets available for Wednesday in the East uppers. For Sunday it looks like it's nearly sold out.

That could be the weekday night game thing....

GBV
10-24-2016, 10:52 AM

Prices definitely outrageous. Will never understand why the higher-ups wouldn't prefer to have lower prices and a packed house (with more people buying beer/merch etc.) than overcharging like this. But what do I know.

Areathrasher
10-24-2016, 10:56 AM
Playoff media day - live video, manning speaking

http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2016/10/24/live-toronto-fc-playoff-media-day

Primavera
10-24-2016, 10:57 AM
That could be the weekday night game thing....

Possibly. But I would guess it tough for the average Joe to be spending $90 (!) on a ticket for a game without knowing the start time.

Hopefully we get to find out on Sunday!

Huyton
10-24-2016, 10:58 AM
TFC playoff tickets now available to be printed! :))

Just printed mine off.

10 years I've been waiting for this. Well...Okay...9 years, since I did enjoy being on the old carpet after the final game in 2007.

T-boy
10-24-2016, 11:05 AM
You would hope that they can sell out BMO for this. But interestingly, I haven't been able to sell my spare tickets ever since TFC were guaranteed a playoff berth. I think this coincides more with the turn in weather more than TFC in the playoffs - but it just goes to show that TFC fans are fair weather supporters - to do with the weather and not the team.

Canary10
10-24-2016, 11:08 AM
All of this goes back to the prices being too high. I hate this MLSE strategy of pushing the price boundary the first chance they get. The Grey Cup game shows you can't charge Leaf prices for every sporting event in the city. Incidentally, the Blue Jays had pretty reasonable ticket prices for their playoffs.

backbeat
10-24-2016, 11:46 AM
personally i think TFC has lost the buzz/excitement over the many years.

over the past 2 seasons I agree MLSE has been trying to make amends and get it back

i think they should have kept the payoffs prices really low and promoted the hell out of it to get the crowds

take a loss for a season or two to get the attention back and the word of mouth and excitement happening again

it took the raptors and jays many, many seasons to get the excitement they now have - it'll take TFC a number of years as well

SoccMan2
10-24-2016, 12:00 PM
I'm going on Wednesday been a season ticket holder since the first season 2007, however, we are all going to be surprised with the attendance I'm thinking no more than 16000 if we're lucky, there is no buzz at all mainstream media hardly talking about it, just no buzz it feels like it's not even happening. If you compare the buzz for the Jays playoff run or even the Raptors playoff there is no comparison it's not even 1% of the Raptors buzz, therefore we will be lucky to see anything over 16000 there on Tuesday night unfortunately, I hope I'm wrong but highly doubt it from the look and feel of things.

spe18
10-24-2016, 12:05 PM
All of this goes back to the prices being too high. I hate this MLSE strategy of pushing the price boundary the first chance they get. The Grey Cup game shows you can't charge Leaf prices for every sporting event in the city. Incidentally, the Blue Jays had pretty reasonable ticket prices for their playoffs.

Except in the Jays' case, I think it's the league that sets the prices for the playoffs.

My guess is around 15-20K for the game on Wednesday. Historically, it seems the knockout games in MLS are generally poorly attended.

greatwhitenorf
10-24-2016, 01:20 PM
Could be a thin crowd, indeed, on Wednesday.

Raptors home opener that night. Plus Game 2 of the World Series of Lovable Losers. A one-button channel hoppers delight. For the marginal audience, it's the night a lot of people will participate in making their fantasy league picks for Skate Canada which starts Thursday at the Hershey Centre. Its Gala Exhibition event skedded to collide with TFC's potential second playoff home game.

Is this how it feels to be an Argos fan?

greatwhitenorf
10-24-2016, 01:23 PM
personally i think TFC has lost the buzz/excitement over the many years.

over the past 2 seasons I agree MLSE has been trying to make amends and get it back

i think they should have kept the payoffs prices really low and promoted the hell out of it to get the crowds

take a loss for a season or two to get the attention back and the word of mouth and excitement happening again

it took the raptors and jays many, many seasons to get the excitement they now have - it'll take TFC a number of years as well

Very well said. Maybe get your resume dusted off. I know several season ticket holders who didn't buy their playoff seats. Why? Because if they feel like going, they'll get cheap seats from anxious scalpers and sit where it suits them.

mdc 77
10-24-2016, 01:51 PM

Did they? 500 level seats were $115 face value.

Milanista
10-24-2016, 02:24 PM
just got my tix for weds and sunday

man i am pumped and GIO looks like he is ready to roll

Canary10
10-24-2016, 02:25 PM

I know people that paid $45 to get in. I assumed that was the price.

Red4ever
10-24-2016, 02:26 PM

Indeed they were.

IMO, if tickets are going for half what people paid on stubhub, they are overpriced.

Red4ever
10-24-2016, 02:28 PM
I know people that paid $45 to get in. I assumed that was the price.

single ticket face of 115 for ticketmaster
I think 95 for season ticket / flex pack holders.

Primavera
10-24-2016, 02:36 PM
Indeed they were.

IMO, if tickets are going for half what people paid on stubhub, they are overpriced.

They were going for 50% on Stubhub once the Jays were down 3-0.

Red4ever
10-24-2016, 02:59 PM
They were going for 50% on Stubhub once the Jays were down 3-0.

Yes. They were.

Canary10
10-24-2016, 03:29 PM
Ha, I just assumed that was the face value. Just another warning not to be pushing the pricing envelope. Kurt tweeted this afternoon he's not expecting a sell out. So he's probably heard something from the front office. Really too bad...

reggie
10-24-2016, 03:33 PM
Manning mentioned today that they were at the 18-19k range,probs will get 21-22k for weds

Canary10
10-24-2016, 03:41 PM
If we can't sell out our first ever home playoff game I'm not too sure we can be all smug with the Argos fans.

michaeltfc91
10-24-2016, 03:53 PM
Manning mentioned today that they were at the 18-19k range,probs will get 21-22k for weds

It can't be that bad, there are maybe 4000-5000 available on ticket master right now.... where are the other 7,000 tickets?

We will probably sell 26,000... 23,000 will show up. Even that is a joke though

spe18
10-24-2016, 03:57 PM
Hope someone has realized the referee assignment for this match!!!!!!

Toronto FC vs. Philadelphia Union
BMO Field (7:30pm ET, ESPN2, UniMás | TSN in Canada)
REF: BALDOMERO TOLEDO
AR1: CJ Morgante
AR2: Ian Anderson
4TH: Silviu Petrescu

mistercorporate
10-24-2016, 04:03 PM
By making the playoffs, TFC is contributing more games than the regular schedule, extra games equals extra money, so why in the name of god are they milking ticket prices, they should be keeping it low to build the brand. It's all profit at this point, don't overmilk the cash cow!

Oldtimer
10-24-2016, 04:24 PM

:eek6:
Noooo!!! He often has made himself the talking point rather than the game.

:willy_nilly:

YYZ_Fan
10-24-2016, 04:37 PM
Cheapest Playoff tickets for the other 3 knockout games this week:
LA Galaxy: $25 USD
DC United: $20 USD
Seattle Sounders: $30 USD

GBV
10-24-2016, 04:58 PM
Betting line is up:
Toronto -143
Philly +428
Draw +305

Over under: 2.5/3 over -110.

spe18
10-24-2016, 05:00 PM
Would you be able to explain what these numbers mean?

jimiv
10-24-2016, 05:12 PM

REF: BALDOMERO TOLEDO]
in all honesty, he hasn't been as bad lately, I'd rather see him than Ismail Elfath again.

GBV
10-24-2016, 05:17 PM
Would you be able to explain what these numbers mean?

If you are looking to win $10 on Toronto FC (in regulation) ... you gotta wager $14.30. (Then you get $10 win plus your $14.30 wager returned to you.)
Or if looking to say win $100 ... you need to bet $143. (Then you get the $100 winnings plus your $143 back.)

So, it's a $1.43 risk to win $1.

Put $10 on Philly and you get $42.80 if they win (in regulation).
Or, say, $100 for $428 ..... and so on and so on.

currystain37
10-24-2016, 05:34 PM
Cheapest Playoff tickets for the other 3 knockout games this week:
LA Galaxy: $25 USD
DC United: $20 USD
Seattle Sounders: $30 USD

Wow! Not surprised that MLSE is trying to milk as much as possible from the fans. I would have definitely bought tickets if they were charging the $45 like last year, but $75 is way too high. I wonder if they will lower ticket prices if they are still around the 20000 mark before the game.

OgtheDim
10-24-2016, 07:14 PM
In North America, midweek games are a tough sell for any team except NFL, some MLB, some NHL and some NBA.

Don't care.

We few, we happy few.

Oldtimer
10-24-2016, 08:11 PM
Seattle's $30 is $40 CDN.
MLSE is already unofficially lowering prices by their Monday email allowing friends of SSH to buy at SSH price. $45 is quite reasonable given that TFC is the highest spending club in the league, not that I expect any south end tickets to be available.

MightyDM
10-24-2016, 08:12 PM
Hey I totally get it.

I am making a point about more than the true hardcores, not about what anyone here should do.

My problem is, I am old enough to have frozen my ass at the 1982 Grey Cup. It can very unpleasant down there, TFC haven't really had a game like that yet.

(I think this weather question is a big part of this year's Grey Cup debacle too.)

yes but we know you are going to decide to come in the end!

MightyDM
10-24-2016, 08:14 PM
I'm not hearing that at all. In fact, people in my section yesterday were complaining about the prices. The market is what determines price. I can spend a million dollars on my house renovation. But that won't determine if I get $2 million selling it, the market will.

Sorry but I think people complaining about the playoff prices are way off base. It's the Playoffs ! At BMO! Come on.

ensco
10-24-2016, 08:43 PM
yes but we know you are going to decide to come in the end!

Mighty knows that honey catches more flies than poison ever will!

flatpicker
10-24-2016, 08:44 PM
Betting line is up:
Toronto -143
Philly +428
Draw +305

Over under: 2.5/3 over -110.

Clearly I have no betting experience...
I have no idea what those numbers mean.
Is it the weather forecast? :p

EDIT - I see you explained it for someone else!
:D

Brooker
10-24-2016, 09:22 PM
I've heard of checking the weather report for game day as far as how to dress, but to actually go?! Yikes. Well atleast you'll save money.

I'm very nervous about this game. Excited, but fearing the worst. Always am. Let's have fun with it whatever happens.

And I've heard casuals in shock about the prices. I'd be shocked if we were close to a sellout all things considered.

ensco
10-24-2016, 09:32 PM
I would be more worried if Mo Edu hadn't had the freak injury.

They are a different team with a healthy Mo.

mistercorporate
10-24-2016, 10:54 PM
$72 tickets are available now, get 'em while you can ;)

Win or lose, I'm going to attend this game with pride, I can tell my grandkids (don't have kids yet lol) and nephew (who's now a TFC fan, he was born on the same year as TFC and still has his TFC baby clothes!) one day that I was there for when TFC was playing on a roofless 20,000 seat stadium, I was there the first day they had a 30,000 covered stadium and I was there at their first playoff game.

Yohan
10-24-2016, 11:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C5pLSN39YU

Hamilton_Red
10-24-2016, 11:23 PM
How does everyone rank this compared to our CONCACAF Quarter Final at Skydome & winning the tie? That was the greatest TFC moment for me. Getting to the Division Final will begin to eclipse that - we've got a fair road to haul yet.

OgtheDim
10-25-2016, 06:19 AM
Creavalle unlikely as well. Ex-TFC curse not at play in this game.

Super
10-25-2016, 09:07 AM
How does everyone rank this compared to our CONCACAF Quarter Final at Skydome & winning the tie? That was the greatest TFC moment for me. Getting to the Division Final will begin to eclipse that - we've got a fair road to haul yet.

This play-off game is easily the most important game in our history. As much as we appreciate CCL and Voyagers Cup, those tournaments mean very little compared to the league. If we want to be a bigger and more important club in our city we HAVE to go deep in the play-offs. We can win 5 more Voyagers Cups, a couple of CCL trophies, and the city would still see us as the losers of yester-year, unless we kick some ass in the league. This is our first home game in the play-offs, so I rate it as the most important game ever.

C.Ronaldo
10-25-2016, 09:18 AM
question

can Giovinco even play in 2 degree weather?

can Jozy run in that same cold without injuring himself?

Oldtimer
10-25-2016, 09:23 AM
question

Winter Serie A games in northern Italy have similar conditions to Toronto in late fall/early winter. Seba's seen it before.

ManUtd4ever
10-25-2016, 09:28 AM

I would still rank that CCL match as the most significant in our history, and we were underdogs throughout that run which gave it a different feel.

However, this playoff game will define our season, and we have never won in the post season. It's an absolute must win.

Cas87
10-25-2016, 09:39 AM
question

The 2 instances when Jozy hurt his hamstring (and Irwin too for that matter) where in very high humidity environments.

C.Ronaldo
10-25-2016, 09:56 AM
The 2 instances when Jozy hurt his hamstring (and Irwin too for that matter) where in very high humidity environments.

turn on the dehumidifier then !!!!

mowe
10-25-2016, 11:16 AM
Win or lose, I'm going to attend this game with pride, I can tell my grandkids (don't have kids yet lol) and nephew (who's now a TFC fan, he was born on the same year as TFC and still has his TFC baby clothes!) one day that I was there for when TFC was playing on a roofless 20,000 seat stadium, I was there the first day they had a 30,000 covered stadium and I was there at their first playoff game.
Wow, this is exactly how I feel too. Only difference is my nephew was born last year (and went to his first TFC game at 4 months old!).

This game is going to be special, I wouldn't miss it for anything. Though I do wish MLSE priced it reasonably so we could have more people in the building...

hulkrogan
10-25-2016, 11:22 AM
The pricing seems short sighted. I know they spent a buttload on the stadium and players in the last few years, but a packed stadium offers an even greater home field advantage, and winning this game and advancing just leads to more ticket sales for future years. Filling the building and winning the game should be the #1 objective.

Smokecell
10-25-2016, 11:52 AM
A full building means very little if those inside are in suits on their blackberry - see Air Canada Centre on Leafs game night.

As supporters the best home field advantage we offer is the atmosphere we create. Instead of focusing on unsold tickets, focus on bringing your voice tomorrow. Full or not let's shake the ground boys and girls :flare:

MightyDM
10-25-2016, 12:20 PM
$72 tickets are available now, get 'em while you can ;)

That's how I feel. I have been telling friends that they should buy tix because it's so awesome. Let's do MLSEs job for them!

CBTFC
10-25-2016, 12:35 PM
That's how I feel. I have been telling friends that they should buy tix because it's so awesome. Let's do MLSEs job for them!

I'm a loyal, dedicated TFC fan...but I'm not going to buy overpriced $75 tickets because "it's so awesome".

In the past 24 hours tickets have gone from $45 USD to $25 USD on stubhub, and who knows how much lower they'll drop.

I have passion for the club, but not blindly. I will not get suckered by management.

ryan
10-25-2016, 12:54 PM
There really isn't a big difference to what the Argos did in terms of ticketing for their opener, and tomorrow.

So many available, so many on the market for face or less, so many just given away. Just absolutely mental how bad they blew this.

Canary10
10-25-2016, 12:56 PM
The analyst on the MLS website has Philadelphia as the lowest ranked playoff team. Have to win this!

spe18
10-25-2016, 01:02 PM
I think though with this been a midweek game, and just a few days to sell it, not sure if lower ticket prices would've made that huge of a difference - it was always a hard sell to begin with. Keep in mind, historically knockout round matches doesn't seem to fare too well attendance wise.

ryan
10-25-2016, 01:18 PM
The analyst on the MLS website has Philadelphia as the lowest ranked playoff team. Have to win this!

0-2 Home
0-2 Home
2-3 Away
1-1 Away to us
1-2 Away
1-1 Home
0-3 Away to a shit Chicago team we just beat

They have been fucking dreadful since the start of September. Zero excuses.

backbeat
10-25-2016, 01:23 PM
I think though with this been a midweek game, and just a few days to sell it, not sure if lower ticket prices would've made that huge of a difference - it was always a hard sell to begin with. Keep in mind, historically knockout round matches doesn't seem to fare too well attendance wise.

i remember going to a midweek game in 2007. It was frigid, wind swirling & sleet/rain whipping - but the stadium was packed and loud. that was then, this is now - there was a buzz totally encompassing all things TFC back then, it was very hard to get a ticket. i was asked all the time by friends and co-workers for them. now i rarely can get anyone to go - there's very little buzz about TFC but hopefully with what's being put in place the past year or so, winning this game and going deeper in the playoffs will start to recreate that buzz. It took the Raptors and Jays a long long long time to get their buzz on. we had it, but blew it big time - i'd love to see it return....

Canary10
10-25-2016, 01:46 PM
0-2 Home
0-2 Home
2-3 Away
1-1 Away to us
1-2 Away
1-1 Home
0-3 Away to a shit Chicago team we just beat

They have been fucking dreadful since the start of September. Zero excuses.

Yup. Just effing play our game, don't get caught on the counter, and we've got this.

Oldtimer
10-25-2016, 02:01 PM
It took the Raptors and Jays a long long long time to get their buzz on. we had it, but blew it big time - i'd love to see it return....

I had two work colleagues talk to me about the upcoming game and I was asked by one of them if I'm going.

It's not like 2007-2009 when people like my barber was begging me for tickets, but there is some interest there.

Ivy
10-25-2016, 02:14 PM
i remember going to a midweek game in 2007. It was frigid, wind swirling & sleet/rain whipping - but the stadium was packed and loud. that was then, this is now - there was a buzz totally encompassing all things TFC back then, it was very hard to get a ticket. i was asked all the time by friends and co-workers for them. now i rarely can get anyone to go - there's very little buzz about TFC but hopefully with what's being put in place the past year or so, winning this game and going deeper in the playoffs will start to recreate that buzz. It took the Raptors and Jays a long long long time to get their buzz on. we had it, but blew it big time - i'd love to see it return....
the stadium was also 18,000 capacity... it's hard to sell 30,000 tickets to a midweek no buzz team in 4 weeks.

currystain37
10-25-2016, 02:50 PM

The prices are keeping 3 of us away when we would have definitely bought tickets if they were reasonably priced. Hopefully MLSE realize that just because this is Toronto people will not pay outrageous prices for every single sport.

MightyDM
10-25-2016, 03:01 PM
The prices are keeping 3 of us away when we would have definitely bought tickets if they were reasonably priced. Hopefully MLSE realize that just because this is Toronto people will not pay outrageous prices for every single sport.

Then buy tickets on stubhub , but for godssakes, come to the game

ManUtd4ever
10-25-2016, 03:16 PM
I hate being the overwhelming favorite.

Joe Kool
10-25-2016, 03:19 PM
Toronto FC v Philadelphia Union
BMO Field (7:30pm ET)

Holy Toledo!!!!! Suddenly I have a bit of a sick feeling in my stomach. How will Baldomero make himself centre stage in this one? A red card waiting to happen...everyone knows we can't beat a 10 man team....

MightyDM
10-25-2016, 03:46 PM
I'm a loyal, dedicated TFC fan...but I'm not going to buy overpriced $75 tickets because "it's so awesome".

In the past 24 hours tickets have gone from $45 USD to $25 USD on stubhub, and who knows how much lower they'll
drop.

I have passion for the club, but not blindly. I will not get suckered by management.

We will have to agree to disagree. To me "Supporter" includes "Support". And someone needs to pay for Giovinco

Brooker
10-25-2016, 03:53 PM
I hate being the overwhelming favorite.

:hide:

OgtheDim
10-25-2016, 04:08 PM
I would rather be the overwhelming favourite or the overwhelming underdog AND STILL BE A PLAYOFF GAME AT OUR PLACE

I look forward to the season when a playoff game at home is just another playoff game. Until then

BRING ALL OF IT ON

We few....we happy few.

currystain37
10-25-2016, 04:14 PM
Then buy tickets on stubhub , but for godssakes, come to the game

I probably am going to do that, though I'm waiting to see if the prices will drop even more.

OgtheDim
10-25-2016, 04:16 PM
FWIW, I spoke to a few Jays fans today about playoff tickets and they thought $65-$75 was cheap for playoff tickets.

MightyDM
10-25-2016, 04:50 PM
I probably am going to do that, though I'm waiting to see if the prices will drop even more.

Thats just being cheap.

if you've been a day one ticket holder with two seats, you've spent $5,000 at minimum on seats and at
Least the same on beer. That's ten grand on TFC. Playoff tickets aren't material to that.

and the players need us there to make it electric. We should all ask a friend. This could be incredible, like when we played LA at Skydome, only better.

Bobo
10-25-2016, 05:38 PM
Molinaro was saying he expects TFC to play the 3-5-2 tomorrow. I'd agree, since the Union pressed TFC's diamond into all sorts of issues with the ball last time they played. I'm a little concerned with Cooper in that setup though, he didn't exercise the necessary caution as a CM in that formation Sunday. He left the defense exposed on several occasions. Vanney will have to decide if Cooper's invention is worth the discipline that Johnson brings (if he's healthy to start). Either that or bench Oso.

currystain37
10-25-2016, 05:55 PM
Thats just being cheap.

if you've been a day one ticket holder with two seats, you've spent $5,000 at minimum on seats and at
Least the same on beer. That's ten grand on TFC. Playoff tickets aren't material to that.

and the players need us there to make it electric. We should all ask a friend. This could be incredible, like when we played LA at Skydome, only better.

My tuition costs $7000 per semester. I want to save as much money as possible.

flatpicker
10-25-2016, 06:04 PM

That's just being cheap.
You should give the school an extra $1000 per semester just for being such a pivotal influence in your life.

DIEHARDTFC
10-25-2016, 06:51 PM
Any kind of supporters March going in for tmr evening ?

Cuchulain
10-25-2016, 07:03 PM
Details about the march on TFC's website.

Cuchulain
10-25-2016, 07:46 PM
Y'know in 2006 I would be driving the 29 Dufferin bus and I'd be waiting for my time in the Springhurst loop and I'd watch the west stands being built and say to myself 'my seats will be right about there'. About a dozen founding RPB's went down to the construction site and we stood where 112 would be to see what the view would be like. And we got chased out by the construction crew. Fuck me, we couldn't wait to love this team! And when the games started we stomped on those stands till the bolts fell out, no joke! I have one glued on to my original RPB hat. We showed this league how it's done. Now every team's ''south end" is as good or better that us.

In a league where an expansion team can win the championship we have waited 10 years for tomorrow, a home playoff date. Make no mistake: TFC, with the way they have been playing, may be the favourite on paper but by no means is a win a sure thing. They need us more than ever. More than they ever have in the last 10 years. We need to bring it like never before. If any fan base in this league can show up in the cold it's us! Fuck this talk about the pricing. If you are on these boards you should be begging, borrowing or stealing to get you ass down there and be the 12 man!

YYZ_Fan
10-25-2016, 07:54 PM
Over 1,200 tickets available on StubHub starting at $45 CAD including fees. That is reasonable now (and should be lower tomorrow). I'm in.
Weather & bitterness at MLSE should be the only excuses now.

Prof
10-25-2016, 08:14 PM
Where or where is the media hype for this game. Embarrassing. And please don't start with well they haven't won anything yet. I am old enough to have lived through the early years of the Jays and Raptors, 50 years of Leaf ineptitude and ARGO cheer leading by the radio, tv and newspaper sports reporters but they are completely ignoring TFC. What a shame.

MightyDM
10-25-2016, 08:14 PM

Fair enough. Students get an exception, you need to be frugal.

MightyDM
10-25-2016, 08:15 PM
Where or where is the media hype for this game. Embarrassing. And please don't start with well they haven't won anything yet. I am old enough to have lived through the early years of the Jays and Raptors, 50 years of Leaf ineptitude and ARGO cheer leading by the radio, tv and newspaper sports reporters but they are completely ignoring TFC. What a shame.

Yup. 85 Jays would be a good example.

MightyDM
10-25-2016, 08:16 PM
My comment was unfair to a student, which I have acknowledged.

spe18
10-25-2016, 08:17 PM

There was a brief mention on CP24 during the lunch hour. Does that count? :rolleyes:

MightyDM
10-25-2016, 08:17 PM
Y'know in 2006 I would be driving the 29 Dufferin bus and I'd be waiting for my time in the Springhurst loop and I'd watch the west stands being built and say to myself 'my seats will be right about there'. About a dozen founding RPB's went down to the construction site and we stood where 112 would be to see what the view would be like. And we got chased out by the construction crew. Fuck me, we couldn't wait to love this team! And when the games started we stomped on those stands till the bolts fell out, no joke! I have one glued on to my original RPB hat. We showed this league how it's done. Now every team's ''south end" is as good or better that us.

In a league where an expansion team can win the championship we have waited 10 years for tomorrow, a home playoff date. Make no mistake: TFC, with the way they have been playing, may be the favourite on paper but by no means is a win a sure thing. They need us more than ever. More than they ever have in the last 10 years. We need to bring it like never before. If any fan base in this league can show up in the cold it's us! Fuck this talk about the pricing. If you are on these boards you should be begging, borrowing or stealing to get you ass down there and be the 12 man!

Love this post.

OgtheDim
10-25-2016, 08:31 PM
Hmm....today is St. Crispin's Day

We few...we happy few.

WATCH THIS to get what I'm talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zt1avW5Xg8

OTDude82
10-25-2016, 10:09 PM
Totally psyched for tomorrows game. Yes I know there is little buzz around this city. Its a hockey town and will be for the foreseeable future. I was talking to a Co worker of mine this morning who is in his 20's and into sports, and who also knows I'm into TFC. He obviously isn't based on our conversation.

I mentioned that tomorrow was an important TFC game - like a wild card game, and that a victory would mean we would get into the next round of playoffs He actually said - with a straight face "Is that like a best of five?" I kid you not - now I tried to keep a straight face as I replied and said no its a home and away series. Most Canadians don't really know soccer and their exposure is their kids kicking the ball in a Tim bits league.

But that too will change one day. For this reason we will not sell out this game in 2 hrs as it should have been in the GTA - a region of 5 million people. Yes I know the price is 75 bucks, but I can pay $165 for a Leafs ticket and watch them play some other hapless team , and while I'm entertained its not really that exciting for me personally. I'll take TFC 9 times out of 10. Go TFC

mikeyrocks
10-25-2016, 10:20 PM
Is there a March from shoeless or is everyone going to brazen head?

Hamilton_Red
10-25-2016, 10:37 PM

We few...we happy few.

- Brilliant love it. Come on you Reds get stuck right in!

:scarf:

Blindside16
10-26-2016, 05:03 AM
I am so hyped for tonight I can hardly believe that kickoff is a little over 13.5 hours from now. I had tears in my eyes last year when we clinched and I expect the same tonight if we can get the win. This is a huge milestone for the club and I can't wait to be a part of it. I fully expect to lose my voice tonight. COME ON YOU REDS!!!:flare::flare::drum::scarf::drum::flare::fl are:

KurtLarSUN
10-26-2016, 05:50 AM

In the past 24 hours tickets have gone from $45 USD to $25 USD on stubhub, and who knows how much lower they'll drop.

I'm not going to spend much time on this at all, and I'm not going to tell anyone how they SHOULD spend their money, but I am going to weigh in once.

Saying "I will not get suckered by MLSE" is really unfortunate seeing as the club showed good faith in 1) Returning season seat prices to Year 1 levels a few seasons back and 2) Going out and committing close to $100 million via three contracts.

Again, it's up to fans to decide if $60-$100 is too much for a night of entertainment. But let's not act like this is highway robbery.

Toronto FC's ownership has invested heavily in soccer. They won't see returns on those investment for a long time.

To be clear, nobody is being "suckered". If the aforementioned price points are too high for you, they're too high. But don't act like the product (and the club's first home playoff game) isn't valuable. It is. And the match should be special.

Furthermore, it takes a lot of nerve to come on here and essentially call tens of thousands of fans "suckers" because they've determined a once-in-a-decade event to be worth $60-$100.

OgtheDim
10-26-2016, 05:58 AM
PLAYOFF GAME DAY HAS ARRIVED!!! :scarf:

DeRo2015
10-26-2016, 06:56 AM
HOLY CRAP...IT'S GAME DAY!! This is going to be a loooooong day at work....

Laiping
10-26-2016, 07:11 AM
I'm looking forward to this game tonight. Dressing for it! I can't wait! Go TFC Go! :))

GBV
10-26-2016, 07:24 AM

No doubt, have had sports channels on all morning. Nary a word.

Primavera
10-26-2016, 07:27 AM
It was mentioned every sports' segment this morning on Metro Morning. (part of the story was how cheap tickets are going for on StubHub.)

mdc 77
10-26-2016, 07:33 AM

I flipped on 590, which I never do, this morning...first thing they were talking about was the match tonight. Also heard Metro Morning talk about it, though Scott Regier who does sports on CBC Radio 1 often talks about TFC.

CBTFC
10-26-2016, 07:51 AM
I'm not going to spend much time on this at all, and I'm not going to tell anyone how they SHOULD spend their money, but I am going to weigh in once.

Saying "I will not get suckered by MLSE" is really unfortunate seeing as the club showed good faith in 1) Returning season seat prices to Year 1 levels a few seasons back and 2) Going out and committing close to $100 million via three contracts.

Again, it's up to fans to decide if $60-$100 is too much for a night of entertainment. But let's not act like this is highway robbery.

Toronto FC's ownership has invested heavily in soccer. They won't see returns on those investment for a long time.

To be clear, nobody is being "suckered". If the aforementioned price points are too high for you, they're too high. But don't act like the product (and the club's first home playoff game) isn't valuable. It is. And the match should be special.

Furthermore, it takes a lot of nerve to come on here and essentially call tens of thousands of fans "suckers" because they've determined a once-in-a-decade event to be worth $60-$100.

You're entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to mine. I can appreciate that.

In the end, all that matters is what happens on the pitch. Whether I'm at the stadium for the match this evening, or watching on a TV somewhere, doesn't change the level of appreciation I have for TFC.

KurtLarSUN
10-26-2016, 08:01 AM
You're entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to mine. I can appreciate that.

In the end, all that matters is what happens on the pitch. Whether I'm at the stadium for the match this evening, or watching on a TV somewhere, doesn't change the level of appreciation I have for TFC.

Well, kind of.

It's actually my opinion that you aren't entitled to, in a round-about-way, call other fans "suckers".

Sure, you can have the opinion that ticket prices are too high, but you can't justify that statement by implying that MLSE (at least when it comes to Toronto FC and Canadian soccer) is gauging fans. One needs to look no further than the franchise's bottom line to know that's poor logic.

CBTFC
10-26-2016, 08:02 AM
I flipped on 590, which I never do, this morning...first thing they were talking about was the match tonight. Also heard Metro Morning talk about it, though Scott Regier who does sports on CBC Radio 1 often talks about TFC.

I don't listen to Metro Morning as much as I used to, but I certainly appreciated Scott Regier's insights regarding TFC, and his ability to explain without talking down. Matt Galloway helped with the conversational tone.

CBTFC
10-26-2016, 08:05 AM
Well, kind of.

It's actually my opinion that you aren't entitled to, in a round-about-way, call other fans "suckers".

Sure, you can have the opinion that ticket prices are too high, but you can't justify that statement by implying that MLSE (at least when it comes to Toronto FC and Canadian soccer) is gauging fans. One needs to look no further than the franchise's bottom line to know that's poor logic.

We'll let the ticket market, and attendance at tonight's game, determine if MLSE is gouging fans, not your opinion.

Phil
10-26-2016, 08:13 AM

Well said, you just saved me from typing pretty much the same thing dude. See you all down there tonight, I booked the day off tomorrow because I know I will have no voice.

Still Kicking
10-26-2016, 08:50 AM
But if it be a sin to covet honour,
I am the most offending soul alive.

Tears. I thank those who have contributed here and reminded me of the tears I shed last October when Giovinco scored that wonder goal.

I have been critical of TFC in recent months. Playoff time is when the team that can rise above the other moves on and TFC has only risen above Chicago (twice) since the CNE was on. So I fear that TFC are too capable of stumbling tonight. But should they play to their potential....I would not miss it. Ten years of regular season games - I have probably attended 95% of them and now a playoff game...

And gentlemen in Ontario now a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,

Oldtimer
10-26-2016, 09:22 AM
So excited for this game!

The key to winning is TFC scoring first. I think if the team can do that, the game is theirs. If not it's a lot more dicey.

ou8jonesy
10-26-2016, 09:28 AM
I can't even concentrate at work right now. All I'm thinking is how do I get out early so I can start prepping my wardrobe for tonight!

morgank1986
10-26-2016, 09:43 AM
I've spent the morning watching old TFC clips on Youtube. I can't wait to get down to BMO.

Voodooman
10-26-2016, 09:44 AM
I've spent the morning watching old TFC clips on Youtube. I can't wait to get down to BMO.

Glad to know I am not the only one. Someone poster their top 20 goals in past years and been watching those to get the hype going.

My office has all of my TFC stuff all over it today aha

denime
10-26-2016, 10:05 AM
This is going to be a very long work day,need to concentrate on work,visiting RPB site definitely doesn't help.

Canary10
10-26-2016, 10:08 AM
When will the big question be answered? Is Ensco going?

MightyDM
10-26-2016, 10:13 AM

We few...we happy few.

absolutely brilliant.

MightyDM
10-26-2016, 10:14 AM

Good for you Kurt. well said. Deserves to be repeated.

MightyDM
10-26-2016, 10:17 AM
We'll let the ticket market, and attendance at tonight's game, determine if MLSE is gouging fans, not your opinion.

Show up tonight. buy tickets on stubhub, I don't care. but show up.
Supporters Support. Lets be untied for once and stop the endless complaining.

We have the best team we have ever had, by far, and the best player in the history of the league, and a home date to appreciate them.

Its gameday and its awesome.

MightyDM
10-26-2016, 10:19 AM
When will the big question be answered? Is Ensco going?

Yes he is! I am sure of it.

German21
10-26-2016, 10:21 AM

There was no thought, no question, no checking. The minute those playoff tickets landed in the account manager was the minute i spent money. I haven't been around since day 1 but i feel for all those that have. If you aren't going to spend money for MLSE then spend it for those that have been here since day 1. They have waited 10 years for this and deserve that stadium to be full up, those stands to be loud. They deserve their dream.

SoccMan2
10-26-2016, 10:44 AM
I've had my TV on CP24 and the big sports story is the Raptors home opener tonight, in the hour that I've had it on CP24 they have covered the Raptor's coach live press conference, and have a reporter live at the ACC that they have gone too a few times already, nothing on TFC's first home playoff game, and of course tomorrow's news even if TFC win will be the lousy attendance that I'm sure they will cover over and over again in the mainstream media not the win if TFC win lol.

T-boy
10-26-2016, 10:49 AM
I've had my TV on CP24 and the big sports story is the Raptors home opener tonight, in the hour that I've had it on CP24 they have covered the Raptor's coach live press conference, and have a reporter live at the ACC that they have gone too a few times already, nothing on TFC's first home playoff game, and of course tomorrow's news even if TFC win will be the lousy attendance that I'm sure they will cover over and over again in the mainstream media not the win if TFC win lol.

The Raptors were front cover of the Metro today too - its pathetic that TFC have no coverage. Any OTHER sports team in the playoffs in this city and coverage would be everywhere.

Voodooman
10-26-2016, 11:05 AM
I heard Q107 at least mention it, but I decided to adventure on the "mainstream" radio stations and all of them spoke of Raptors but no TFC.

Oh well, lets be the 12th man regardless and go loud!!

Canary10
10-26-2016, 11:11 AM
I'm done with talking about the media coverage and ticket prices. I just printed off my tickets, and ready to go. This work day can't end fast enough!!

CBTFC
10-26-2016, 11:13 AM
I know we won't see this in the lineup, but I'd really like to see Seba at the top of the midfield diamond with Jozy and Tosaint up top.

Might as well throw out our strongest attacking lineup.

ensco
10-26-2016, 11:15 AM
Yes he is! I am sure of it.

I can't, but it's for other reasons than the weather!

Thanks for asking guys. I am there in spirit, and will be there with my kids Sunday.

Fort York Redcoat
10-26-2016, 11:30 AM
Is there a March from shoeless or is everyone going to brazen head?

RPB will be at Shoeless.

noimpactinmtl
10-26-2016, 11:32 AM
I heard Q107 at least mention it, but I decided to adventure on the "mainstream" radio stations and all of them spoke of Raptors but no TFC.

Dean Blundell mentioned the knockout game just before he exposed his cluelessness about baseball (wins and losses are a terrible way to measure a pitchers worth for over ten years now).

Canary10
10-26-2016, 11:33 AM
I can't, but it's for other reasons than the weather!

Thanks for asking guys. I am there in spirit, and will be there with my kids Sunday.

Too bad. See you Sunday!

Initial B
10-26-2016, 11:52 AM

You have to understand that TFC fans have PTSD. The last nine years were years of futility, of being the MLS synonym for screwups, of giving your all for the club only to have either the players crap the bed when it mattered or the FO torpedo its fortunes with their ineptitude. That takes a long time to work out of your system so I can see how a lot of hardcore fans might still be wary of pricing due to the way they were treated over the first 7 years of the club's existence.

At this point, supporters and the casual fans don't know that a win in the post-season is possible for TFC because it has never been done. Once they win even one post-season game, then you will see people not just hope, but start to believe in the club again.

Oldtimer
10-26-2016, 12:17 PM
Notes from the opposition camp:

“There are 20 teams in the league and I think we are somewhere between six to 10 with the ability to beat anyone in the top five,” Curtin said. “And I would put Toronto in that top five, for what it’s worth. It’s a challenge but one we’re going to be up for.”

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/10/25/despite-recent-cold-patch-union-insist-they-can-beat-anyone-playoffs

Captain
10-26-2016, 12:33 PM
I'm so excited for tonight and having real trouble focusing at work. I brought a few extra layers of clothing to work with me. Who cares about a little cold, it's a home playoff game. And yes I have arthritis and my joints will be screaming about the cold later but that's not going to matter.

I was just looking at the BigSoccer forum and checking out what the Phili fans have to say. What a huge contrast to this forum. 90% of the supporters' comments about tonight are negative and they're predicting a loss. Majority of the post are about pulling apart the team during the off season - who they should keep and who they should get rid of. What a contrast to what's going on in this forum! Ok...so yes it made me smile!

Toronto Til I Die

RealG-TFC
10-26-2016, 12:38 PM
Can't believe I have to work tonight and can't watch the game. I just hope they win so I can watch them on Sunday. Still wearing my scarf today though.

Cas87
10-26-2016, 12:43 PM

TSN 1050 have been bouncing between the two games.

Morning Show focused mainly on Raps, but mentioned TFC as well and did hype it a bit.

Late morning show had a lot of TFC talk (but that has something to do with the fact that Gareth Wheeler is on it too).

Canary10
10-26-2016, 12:51 PM
I'm so excited for tonight and having real trouble focusing at work. I brought a few extra layers of clothing to work with me. Who cares about a little cold, it's a home playoff game. And yes I have arthritis and my joints will be screaming about the cold later but that's not going to matter.

I was just looking at the BigSoccer forum and checking out what the Phili fans have to say. What a huge contrast to this forum. 90% of the supporters' comments about tonight are negative and they're predicting a loss. Majority of the post are about pulling apart the team during the off season - who they should keep and who they should get rid of. What a contrast to what's going on in this forum! Ok...so yes it made me smile!

Toronto Til I Die

Obviously just being realistic. Go Reds!!!!

MightyDM
10-26-2016, 01:02 PM
Can't believe I have to work tonight and can't watch the game. I just hope they win so I can watch them on Sunday. Still wearing my scarf today though.

There is a really nasty virus going around....

DinamoTFC
10-26-2016, 01:03 PM
Everyone sitting in the south if you can go out and buy as many streamers from the dollar stores as you can. A nice little display is going to be put up and streamers will help with the visual appeal.

Voodooman
10-26-2016, 01:09 PM
RPB will be at Shoeless.

What time will you be leaving?

Will try to get there on time, just have to wait on my brother who is getting to Union around 6.

KidA
10-26-2016, 01:16 PM
To all RPB/TFC supporters:

Due to being on the west coast a midweek game makes it slightly difficult to travel back to witness this event. I can't wait to see you all on the screen making every one of us supporters around the world proud. TFC Till I Die!

GhostKiller
10-26-2016, 02:02 PM
I'm pretty sure Vaney goes with a 4-4-2 diamond for today. I know he loves the 3-5-2 but it left us exposed against Chicago and we let a soft side score 2.

-------Gio----------Jozy--------
------------Cooper-------------
---Oso----------------Johnson---
------------Bradley--------------
--Morrow--Moor---Zav----Biet--
-------------Irwin--------------

Maybe we see Delgado instead of Johnson.

Cuchulain
10-26-2016, 02:15 PM
-------------Irwin-------------

​JUST WIN BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MightyDM
10-26-2016, 02:18 PM
I'm pretty sure Vaney goes with a 4-4-2 diamond for today. I know he loves the 3-5-2 but it left us exposed against Chicago and we let a soft side score 2.

the diamond leaves us open at the back and on the flanks. I'm thinking they will stay 3-5-2 and hope the mistakes are ironed out. Far fewer opportunities than normal, I thought.

Oso will be at the top of the formation, no the side.

MightyDM
10-26-2016, 02:19 PM
To all RPB/TFC supporters:

Due to being on the west coast a midweek game makes it slightly difficult to travel back to witness this event. I can't wait to see you all on the screen making every one of us supporters around the world proud. TFC Till I Die!

You are awesome KidA, we couldn't expect you to come from BC here for a midweek game. If we win, see you sunday?

hulkrogan
10-26-2016, 02:38 PM
the diamond leaves us open at the back and on the flanks. I'm thinking they will stay 3-5-2 and hope the mistakes are ironed out. Far fewer opportunities than normal, I thought.

Oso will be at the top of the formation, no the side.

Agreed. First goal was poor marking followed up by poor goalkeeping, and the 2nd had nothing to do with formation. We got ripped apart less than usual, and looked pretty good shape-wise.

Cas87
10-26-2016, 03:08 PM

My 2 cents:

Probably pretty spot on, just flip Oso and Cooper. Johnson would be more so a rover, and double back when Bradley moves up the pitch.

Either that or play the midfield flat with Oso and Copper on the outside with Johnson/Cheyrou and Bradley in the middle.

Leedsoronto
10-26-2016, 03:15 PM
TFC made panic City 24 news Horray !!!!

Nice segment actually :@)

OgtheDim
10-26-2016, 03:44 PM
We few... We happy few.

I know that all can and might go wrong tonight.

But for now I do not care.

The stadium will not be full. I do not care.

It will not be wonderful perfect soccer. I do not care.

We may lose or we may win. But the feeling I have now of joy and longing for the start, with the fear and the anticipation...

This... This is why I support TFC.

Players, games, coaches, seasons... all will come and go.

This feeling of unbridled enjoyment... this will come again. We are TFC.

Canary10
10-26-2016, 03:45 PM
^ Thumbs up to that!

reggie
10-26-2016, 03:50 PM
We few... We happy few.

I know that all can and might go wrong tonight.

But for now I do not care.

The stadium will not be full. I do not care.

It will not be wonderful perfect soccer. I do not care.

We may lose or we may win. But the feeling I have now of joy and longing for the start, with the fear and the anticipation...

This... This is why I support TFC.

Players, games, coaches, seasons... all will come and go.

This feeling of unbridled enjoyment... this will come again. We are TFC.
Well said..:scarf:

ensco
10-26-2016, 04:16 PM
my brother who is getting to Union around 6.

I think Gio will be getting to the Union around 7.45

MisterMacphisto
10-26-2016, 04:46 PM
Anyone know if they will let you in with just a PDF ticket on your smart phone?

Lennon
10-26-2016, 04:53 PM
Anyone know if they will let you in with just a PDF ticket on your smart phone?

Yes.

Hamilton_Red
10-26-2016, 05:36 PM
Really pumped... putting all the anxiety behind...now is the time to get out there and play your best game. Wish I could be there. Will be at the final on the 10th December. My plan B is that it's a road trip to Denver for the Reds.f

sn0re
10-26-2016, 05:43 PM
They're going with the 3-5-2

jloome
10-26-2016, 06:17 PM
I think Gio will be getting to the Union around 7.45

Zing!

He's here all night folks, tip your servers, cigarette trays will be around shortly....

Hugh Jazz
10-26-2016, 06:25 PM
Philly putting out a strong line-up, should be a good game.

BakaGaijin
10-26-2016, 06:28 PM
Any live streams?

charlieocc
10-26-2016, 06:35 PM
Any live streams?

ESPN http://www.streamhd.eu/football/toronto-fc-vs-philadelphia-union-live-stream-823.php

General Woolfe
10-26-2016, 06:45 PM
Lets go TFC!!! just do it!!

:scarf:

BakaGaijin
10-26-2016, 06:48 PM
ESPN http://www.streamhd.eu/football/toronto-fc-vs-philadelphia-union-live-stream-823.php

Thanks!

General Woolfe
10-26-2016, 06:53 PM
Union starting strongly here... lets hope its temporary

Primavera
10-26-2016, 07:03 PM
Is there a way to get this with credit card info?

Thanks!

General Woolfe
10-26-2016, 07:03 PM
Yeessss Sebaaaaa!!! :scarf:

Great work from Jozy there....

Hamilton_Red
10-26-2016, 07:05 PM
Jozy Sebatastic! Great goal!

Inklink
10-26-2016, 07:08 PM
Toledo is an incompetent moron. I have no idea why he's still employed.

tfcfans
10-26-2016, 07:34 PM
One half down, one to go.....

Hugh Jazz
10-26-2016, 07:35 PM
Hagglund is having a really strong game, didn't think he'd develop this much.

AFCB+TFC
10-26-2016, 07:45 PM
Good half, keep it up!

ronzilla
10-26-2016, 07:49 PM
Need another goal, can't sit on a 1 goal lead.

StokeciTFC
10-26-2016, 07:52 PM
Beyond the game, I doubt I'd pay a cent to sit in one of those temporary seats beyond the south. Other than the first couple of rows, at least. But that's a side note. C'MON THE REDS!!!

tfcfans
10-26-2016, 07:53 PM
Yay OSO!!

ag futbol
10-26-2016, 07:54 PM
Suddenly he's all finish, haha.

Richard
10-26-2016, 07:55 PM
Suddenly he's all finish, haha.

I take 100% credit for slagging him last game. g:D

General Woolfe
10-26-2016, 08:21 PM
That goal was coming...

I don't know why we've stood off them ever snce we scored the second goal? I really hope we dont blow this, 'cos Philli are on the ascendancy here and growing in confidence...

A third goal for us would settle the nerves. Attack is the best form of defence...

General Woolfe
10-26-2016, 08:28 PM
...man were living dangerously... :facepalm:

General Woolfe
10-26-2016, 08:30 PM
Joooozzzzeeeeeee!!!!!

(Actually he's lucky Toledo didnt give him a second yellow for his celebrations... you never know with that ref)

tfcfans
10-26-2016, 08:30 PM
Yay! We win!

ag futbol
10-26-2016, 08:31 PM
Altidore 10+ on the night

Inklink
10-26-2016, 08:38 PM
This is sweet fellas, so very sweet after so many years :'( :')

Yohan
10-26-2016, 08:41 PM
Thank God Philly had that pylon Ken Tribett, who makes Marco Velez look like an all star.

Inklink
10-26-2016, 08:42 PM
Haha Seba :D

CBTFC
10-26-2016, 08:45 PM
No complaints at all, it's a really good feeling. Gonna soak in this for a good 24 hours before any analysis.

TFC!

Hamilton_Red
10-26-2016, 08:47 PM
Great result. Jozy was immense. A little nervous leading up to the Philly goal and right after it. We sat back way to deep and seemed to stop playing. The key was goals and we got three! On to NYC.

Nerepis
10-26-2016, 08:49 PM
I kind of like this feeling.

ag futbol
10-26-2016, 08:50 PM
I kind of like this feeling.
What is this exactly? It's completely foreign

AFCB+TFC
10-26-2016, 08:52 PM
Great win TFC!!!!!!

Sea banging the drum at the end omg that was beautiful :)

ManUtd4ever
10-26-2016, 09:00 PM
We earned the right to play at home and it was a huge factor tonight. The team fed off the energy in the stadium. Well deserved victory, and a phenomenal atmosphere.

Brodzo
10-26-2016, 09:02 PM
Looking to see everyone at the game on Oct 30 vs NYCFC! I can't wait! Was present at the last game of the season vs Chicago! Great energy! We need more of that! What time is the game? Where can I get tickets?

flatpicker
10-26-2016, 09:21 PM
What a great time tonight!
Incredible atmosphere.
Except for a few nervous minutes, TFC looked very good.
Well done to everyone for showing such great support for the boys.

OgtheDim
10-26-2016, 09:23 PM
Raspberry Beret comes to mind.

Globetrotter
10-26-2016, 09:27 PM
Seba banging the drum with the players and fans doing the slow clap... coolest moment in the history of the team? (excluding the seat cushion incident)

Redcoe15
10-26-2016, 09:32 PM
What a wonderful match that was. The love the players gave the fans, from Jozy's goal to Seba banging on one of the drums as the fans did the slow clap, had me grinning from ear to ear in joy. I love being a TFC supporter.

Let's do this again to NYCFC!

Areathrasher
10-26-2016, 09:35 PM
Fan-fucking-tastic

Shakes McQueen
10-26-2016, 09:48 PM
Best part was how amped the players were because of the crowd. Altidore made a beeline for the fans as soon as he scored that last goal, haha.

And Seba playing the drum!

SoccMan2
10-26-2016, 10:12 PM
The Rogers Center game versus LA was great with like 40000 there but this tonight felt more real, there was 21000 there tonight but it felt like 21000 real and hardcore TFC loyal fans who where on the edge of their seats for every pass every possession. I've never seen the fans so into it and the majority stayed until the final minute no mass exodus at the 75th. minute these were the real passionate TFC fans it seemed that had suffered together for 10 long years finally having our moment, a beautiful thing I'm so glad I was there to experience that.

Ivy
10-26-2016, 10:36 PM
Was the price of admission worth that?? The crowd was AMPED.

boozilla
10-26-2016, 10:40 PM
For me, $20 USD on StubHub at 6:30pm, hell yes!

notthesun
10-26-2016, 10:46 PM
Electric in the stadium tonight. Best moment of the match (besides the goals) was when I think Bradley, Morrow and Cooper played like 6 or 7 one-touch passes in a triangle around a Philly player and then the "HEYYY" chants after every successful pass after.

The guys showed up tonight. Seba was magic and Jozy was an animal, those two drove us to victory.

DinamoTFC
10-26-2016, 10:46 PM
I'm still buzzing. What a fuckin match and atmosphere.
This and skydome game are my two favorite memories.
We can take nycfc. We have huge momentum.

red-o
10-26-2016, 11:00 PM
Great game by the whole team - Thanks to the supporters groups, seems things are coordinated much better now - and what a crowd, was great to see everyone yelling and singing and clapping. Can't wait til the next round!

SoccMan2
10-26-2016, 11:02 PM
Look's like the mainstream media is having a hard time not covering this win, this TFC win has been on every channel I've checked out tonight even having a few sportscast start off with the TFC victory and some even showing how great the atmosphere and fans were at the game, if this team can make a deep run there is going to be a buzz I can see it.

Oldtimer
10-26-2016, 11:08 PM
Look's like the mainstream media is having a hard time not covering this win, this TFC win has been on every channel I've checked out tonight even having a few sportscast start off with the TFC victory and some even showing how great the atmosphere and fans were at the game, if this team can make a deep run there is going to be a buzz I can see it.

680 News had a huge segment on the Raptors away opener with some fan saying that with the Jays out the Raps are now "Toronto's team." That was followed by a much shorter summary of the TFC game.

barticusz
10-26-2016, 11:10 PM
Absolutely fantasting result. And a slow clap for the southend. I was on the edge of my seat out here in Edmonton, and loved watching this win just as much as watching the amazing atmosphere!

Super
10-26-2016, 11:16 PM
This is now my favourite TFC game in history - replacing that Wednesday drive to witness the Miracle in Montreal.

What a night. Thank you TFC!

hulkrogan
10-26-2016, 11:20 PM
This makes all the pain worth it. What a show.

molenshtain
10-26-2016, 11:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDjqKg3pcOg

I feel like this song is applicable.

What an amazing night. Loved every second of it. Can't wait for sunday.

lobo
10-26-2016, 11:45 PM
Absolutely Beautiful.

Didn't think I could make it, but so very happy I did. Arrived last minute, saw the south end display ... well done, well done! The whole place was pure energy. Loved it. Not even the wet snow on the 401 driving home to London could take the smile off my face. Yes. Yes. Yes. I want more of this.