PDA

View Full Version : Toronto FC live streaming advice overseas

Justin10000
10-10-2016, 06:55 AM
I'm going to be away from Oct 20th until Nov 8th, so I won't be able to attend the last match and the first two playoffs games, sadly. I intend to watch the matches on my Ipad while overseas. What are the best options to watch matches live? Is MLS Live the best bet? I will have a VPN, and I'd prefer a paid option to get the best quality, but I'm concerned games might be blacked out.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Kayaker
10-10-2016, 07:18 AM
I'm going to be away from Oct 20th until Nov 8th, so I won't be able to attend the last match and the first two playoffs games, sadly. I intend to watch the matches on my Ipad while overseas. What are the best options to watch matches live? Is MLS Live the best bet? I will have a VPN, and I'd prefer a paid option to get the best quality, but I'm concerned games might be blacked out.

Any advice?

Thanks!

If you are VPNing back to Canada, then they will most likely be blacked out. Playoff games may be a hit or miss thing if you VPN via the U.S.

Your best best would be to VPN back to Canada and log into the TSN app with your cable/bell account. Of course, that only works if you haven't cut the cord. You could ask friends or family for their login.

stegosaurus
10-10-2016, 12:59 PM

Any advice?

Thanks!

As long as your VPN has enough locations in North America (sometimes Mexico works too), you can almost always bypass the blackouts on MLS Live. Quality is great, and there's an app for your iPad. I suspect they've dropped prices by a lot as the season is almost over.

Oldtimer
10-10-2016, 08:20 PM
What VPN do you recommend?

Carter
10-11-2016, 08:01 AM
If you are willing to pay for the service, I find that https://www.hidemyass.com/ is one of the best.

They rotate server ips, so if one gets nabbed, they cycle it out.

Justin10000
10-11-2016, 11:25 AM
Thanks guys!

stegosaurus
10-12-2016, 10:06 AM
If you are willing to pay for the service, I find that https://www.hidemyass.com/ is one of the best.

They rotate server ips, so if one gets nabbed, they cycle it out.

This is a good option. I use PrivateInternetAccess, and have had no issues over the years.

Carter
10-12-2016, 08:19 PM
This is a good option. I use PrivateInternetAccess, and have had no issues over the years.

Also a great choice, less expensive option as well. :)

i have HMA built into my router I flashed. :)

Auzzy
10-12-2016, 09:02 PM
I've had good luck with TunnelBear & MLS Live, including watching from Europe. You only need to have TunnelBear connected until the game starts streaming. Now what kinds of blocks might be in place in the US or Canada, especially for playoff games, I don't know.

Lately I've found that http://cricfree.net/ has pretty good streams as well, if they won't let you use MLS Live which you've paid for.

Alonso
10-14-2016, 04:14 PM
I use the Hola google chrome extension VPN. It's free, and works great. You can use IP's from pretty much any where in the world. Mexico seems to unlock most games blacked out in the USA and the USA IP's usually unlock blacked out games in Canada.

stegosaurus
10-14-2016, 06:34 PM
I've had good luck with TunnelBear & MLS Live, including watching from Europe. You only need to have TunnelBear connected until the game starts streaming. Now what kinds of blocks might be in place in the US or Canada, especially for playoff games, I don't know.

Lately I've found that http://cricfree.net/ has pretty good streams as well, if they won't let you use MLS Live which you've paid for.

Also, reddit.com/r/soccerstreams and reddit.com/r/mls in the match thread.

Auzzy
10-14-2016, 08:33 PM
Also, reddit.com/r/soccerstreams and reddit.com/r/mls in the match thread.

OK thanks for the tip!