PDA

View Full Version : Jozy and The General called into USMNT

Red CB Toronto
10-02-2016, 02:40 PM
Jozy and Michael were called in today for the US's pair of friendlies next Friday at Cuba and vs. New Zealand in Washington the following Tuesday. Hopefully they come back in good shape and ready for big match the following weekend at the Impact.

http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2016/10/02/16/45/161002-mnt-klinsmann-calls-23-players-for-historic-friendly-against-cuba

Jack
10-02-2016, 02:52 PM
For them to play these friendlies at such a crucial time in MLS season is ridiculous. If either gets injured it will be even worse.

OgtheDim
10-02-2016, 03:02 PM
The talk is the team is picked for the first friendly only and will have people leave or come in for the second one. i.e the roster isn't set.

Richard
10-02-2016, 03:17 PM
As this is a friendly it is well within TFC's right to withdraw both players under FIFA rules. I want to see us exercise our rights for once and stop getting fucked over by these nonsense games.

DinamoTFC
10-02-2016, 04:22 PM
As this is a friendly it is well within TFC's right to withdraw both players under FIFA rules. I want to see us exercise our rights for once and stop getting fucked over by these nonsense games.

Tfc can only withdraw if it's a non-fifa window. If it's a fifa window tfc can't do anything. I haven't looked up if it is or isn't.

Carter
10-02-2016, 06:36 PM
Tfc can only withdraw if it's a non-fifa window. If it's a fifa window tfc can't do anything. I haven't looked up if it is or isn't.

Then how is Larin able to withdraw from the Canadian team?

spe18
10-02-2016, 07:06 PM
Then how is Larin able to withdraw from the Canadian team?

I think in Larin's case, the CSA ok'd him not to play in the upcoming friendlies.

Also, a huge difference between us and the USMNT is they are getting ready for the next round of World Cup qualifiers, hence are likely using these friendlies as preparation for the November qualifiers.

ensco
10-02-2016, 07:25 PM
I think in Larin's case, the CSA ok'd him not to play in the upcoming friendlies.

Also, a huge difference between us and the USMNT is they are getting ready for the next round of World Cup qualifiers, hence are likely using these friendlies as preparation for the November qualifiers.

Plus Larin was going to have to fly to Morocco, not a couple of hours with no time change.

trane
10-02-2016, 08:22 PM
For them to play these friendlies at such a crucial time in MLS season is ridiculous. If either gets injured it will be even worse.

I am all about country over club, but this is silly, two stars like them are not needed for these two games, not when the clubs season is on the line, and two of our three key players are involved, with the other one coming off of injury.

Red CB Toronto
10-02-2016, 10:17 PM

Its is official FIFA dates, as World Cup qualifiers are being played in some parts of the world. In the past if the Reds were actually playing on the same weekend the USMNT left Michael and Jozy with TFC.

Red CB Toronto
10-02-2016, 10:24 PM
The talk is the team is picked for the first friendly only and will have people leave or come in for the second one. i.e the roster isn't set.

The inital 23 man roster could definitely see some changes after the first game, with some players coming from MLS teams who have games this upcoming weekend.

OgtheDim
10-03-2016, 06:19 AM
Hmm.....Hurricane bearing down on Cuba. Game might get called off.