PDA

View Full Version : Inebriate 1st half protest

backbeat
09-25-2016, 09:43 PM
what was the about?

they sat down with no flags the whole first half - about 5 minutes into the 2nd half they were full voice minus the flags

i only ask as they showed their value to the atmosphere at BMO

i've talked with neighbours and co-workers et al & sundry about the amazing atmosphere going to a TFC game - i finally get my next door neighbour to go to a game and the first half is DEAD - it really shows the value of the south end - i believe the supporters should determine who has seats in that section based on their commitment - i also think the price of those seats should be subsidized, and i would be happy to pay extra in my ssh price to accommodate this - it's definitely an added value to the game.

glaze
09-25-2016, 09:55 PM
They did that last game as well. Also curious as to the reasons.

Smokecell
09-25-2016, 09:59 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding from listening to TFC Pitchside last week it was over sanctions they received from the club re: famous 2 stick

Primavera
09-25-2016, 10:20 PM
Those seats are already the cheapest in BMO by a long-shot so are in effect subsidized already by those of us not in the south end.

Mateo1985
09-25-2016, 10:22 PM
How about other SGs supporting inebriatti's protest?

Mateo1985
09-25-2016, 10:23 PM
Only seems logical to me since everyone is there for the good that happens so joining the protest seems logical

Joe Kool
09-25-2016, 10:40 PM
The two stick was wrong and they should recognize that if they are mature enough. Protesting because they got a slap on the wrist for that is akin to a child sulking because they got in trouble. You know what you do when kids do that...you ignore them because they just want the attention.

Red4ever
09-25-2016, 10:44 PM
Team wants them to take reaponsibility for those in 114 as a group going forward and sign A letter promising to self police: members or not. They refuse to sign anything doing so.

Hence the protest.

Smokecell
09-25-2016, 10:46 PM
The two stick was wrong and they should recognize that if they are mature enough. Protesting because they got a slap on the wrist for that is akin to a child sulking because they got in trouble. You know what you do when kids do that...you ignore them because they just want the attention.

I don't believe they endorse it by any means, according to what was said on Pitchside the person who displayed the 2 stick was not affiliated with the inebriati but happened to be in their section. It's a shame really because the progression the south end as a whole has made this season is truly remarkable and my hat goes off to all SGs involved.

Mateo1985
09-25-2016, 11:18 PM
It's not just Inebriatti in 114. I always see members of all other SGs in there having fun. Sucks that when there is something like this happening no one wants to be associated with 114 anymore.

Auzzy
09-25-2016, 11:27 PM
I was 219, so much closer to the South than normal, but didn't notice the Inebriatti's protest until you mentioned it now. Reason: those goddamn drummers at the top of Section 118. They drown out most of the south end chanting. I mean, sometimes they get involved (or start) some chants with a drum back & forth, and it sounds great. But when they just go full metal at some drum rhythm, total unrelated to anything happening on the field or in the stands, it's pretty deadly.

Blindside16
09-26-2016, 04:37 AM
When the first had the protest in the Red Bull game, I assumed it was an act of solidarity with the San Jose Ultras who had pretty well everything stripped from them the day before. I'm not going to wade into the politics of everything, and I in no way endorse the 2 stick, I just hope that some kind of peace can be made prior to playoffs as we need full support going forward. Especially come playoff time.

OgtheDim
09-26-2016, 05:14 AM
I have yet to see any good can come from a discussion of another SG on this board.

denime
09-26-2016, 05:50 AM
I have yet to see any good can come from a discussion of another SG on this board.

Agree, 2 games ban on flags,capo stand,etc is behind them,no need to protest anymore, next game they will be in full voice as before. Let's move on .

Oldtimer
09-26-2016, 06:23 AM
If you have questions about another SG, ask them on their own social media.

Red4ever
09-26-2016, 06:30 AM
Enablers.

Ivy
09-26-2016, 07:31 AM
Agree, 2 games ban on flags,capo stand,etc is behind them,no need to protest anymore, next game they will be in full voice as before. Let's move on .
Unless something changes, Its going to keep happening.

Pint
09-26-2016, 07:58 AM
It's not just Inebriatti in 114. I always see members of all other SGs in there having fun. Sucks that when there is something like this happening no one wants to be associated with 114 anymore.

Completely false Marat... if you want more info on the other sg's stance on it you can text me.

Kings fully supports Inebriatti in the protest.

Mateo1985
09-26-2016, 08:15 AM
Completely false Marat... if you want more info on the other sg's stance on it you can text me.

Kings fully supports Inebriatti in the protest.

I saw you guys having your flags down in 116. It was awesome to see. I didn't see it from most of the SGs though.

Phil
09-26-2016, 08:20 AM

bingo