PDA

View Full Version : MLS This Weekend - Sept 23 to 25th

OgtheDim
09-23-2016, 06:22 AM
Friday

Chicago @ NYCFC 8pm

Hey, look, we could clinch a playoff birth with a tie or a Chicago win. Not likely to happen given how bad the Fire are on the road. Lampard did his leg in again. We want a Chicago win here.

Saturday

Orlando @ DCU 7pm

The two teams we play next week. Both teams desperately need a win. A leg sapping 96 minutes with lots of missed opportunities leading to a scoreless tie would just be about perfect.

Montreal @ NYRB 7pm

Game of the weekend in the East. Both teams trying to figure stuff out but NYRB's issues with giving up leads is WAAAAY less dreadful then the Impact's inability to play defence of late. As much as I'd love to see Montreal fall closer to the red line, this is not the game for that to happen. A tie is what we want. Another last minute tie.

Colorado @ Vancouver 7pm

If the Whitecaps have any hope, they have to win out. 4 games left - down by 6. The Rapids still in with a chance at the Supporter's Shield. We want a Vancouver win here just to give everybody in the West more to have to think about.

Portland @ Houston 9pm

Portland has not won away this season. They are trying to grab home advantage for the first round. Houston is playing for their jobs. Nothing here for us but pressure from below on the other Shield runners isn't a bad thing. Portland win please.

FCD @ RSL 9:30pm

Game of the week in the West. That offence for Dallas vs Rimando. RSL has a lot of injuries right now though. We want an RSL win here but I get the feeling this is going to be a Dallas statement to the league win.

SKC @ San Jose 10:30pm

Yeah, I got nothing for this game. My two least favourite coaches in the league. Game means nothing for us. I suppose an SKC win increases the likelihood of Kinnear being fired which would be good for the game as a whole.

Sunday

Seattle @ LAG 4pm

LAG continues its late surge. Seattle has righted the ship, somewhat. This game will be hyped to the point of :icon_bs: We want a Seattle win here so that no matter what happens we remain ahead of LAG on points.

NER @ CBus 7pm

The return of Kei Kamara. NER is surging. CBus has righted the ship a little bit. A Columbus win would stop the NER momentum which would be nice to have stop before the playoffs start. However, an NER win would put serious pressure on the next two teams we play and Montreal. We want a hype producing toughly fought come from behind NER win here. The more desperate Orlando and DCU are next week, the better.

ag futbol
09-24-2016, 07:24 PM
Whitecaps are roundly awful with the exception of Davies and one or two others. They need to clean house at season end.

OgtheDim
09-25-2016, 04:58 PM
And the Donovon hype bubble has burst...big time.

molenshtain
09-25-2016, 05:02 PM
Whitecaps are roundly awful with the exception of Davies and one or two others. They need to clean house at season end.

Davies is mind-boggling good for his age. It's sort of unbelievable. I can't wait to watch him grow as a player.

OgtheDim
09-25-2016, 08:10 PM
And the Crew rise from the dead. A game in hand on NER and DCU with a game against DCU midweek....too bad their last 2 games are in New York and New Jersey. Mind you, if they can pull off a bit of a miracle comeback, it might help us.

Ivy
09-25-2016, 08:29 PM
5. Montreal 38 pts (31 games)
6. D.C. United 37 (30)
----------
7. New England 36 (31)
8. Orlando 34 (30)
9. Columbus 32 (29)

IMFC is in deep doodoo. I love it.

Blindside16
09-26-2016, 05:50 AM
5. Montreal 38 pts (31 games)
6. D.C. United 37 (30)
----------
7. New England 36 (31)
8. Orlando 34 (30)
9. Columbus 32 (29)

IMFC is in deep doodoo. I love it.

It is a wonderful thing to see. They have a 2 huge games (Orlando & New England) in their last 4. I would love to be the team to put the nail in the coffin for their season.

Fort York Redcoat
09-26-2016, 12:29 PM

Was sad to see Edgar have a big part in that first goal against.

BC place looking spotty with attendance with the team combusting.

Fort York Redcoat
09-26-2016, 01:00 PM
And the Donovon hype bubble has burst...big time.

That game would've most likely ended 3-1 but for the head official.

Fort York Redcoat
09-26-2016, 01:05 PM
And the Crew rise from the dead. A game in hand on NER and DCU with a game against DCU midweek....too bad their last 2 games are in New York and New Jersey. Mind you, if they can pull off a bit of a miracle comeback, it might help us.

And I believe Columbus won the Kamara Cup with that one. g:D

Yohan
09-26-2016, 04:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp8rqhQzCz4
That Gashi freekick is ridiculously good

Auzzy
09-26-2016, 05:30 PM
That Gashi freekick is ridiculously good

I actually thought Baptista's freekick for Orlando was better than the one by Gashi. The wall wasn't positioned correctly on the Gashi goal.

However assist of the week definitely goes to the referee Armando Villarreal, who was officiating the LA - Seattle game, and assisted on the Ozzie Alonso goal. :D

ag futbol
09-27-2016, 08:28 AM
Davies is mind-boggling good for his age. It's sort of unbelievable. I can't wait to watch him grow as a player.
He's already a brute at 15. Full grown men are bouncing off him like ping pong balls.

I'll be interested to see if he ends up as a striker or midfielder. I think he looks best as an AM. Great vision and all.