PDA

View Full Version : 1st time at BMO, help on pre/post game gathering place!

TFCwestcan
09-20-2016, 10:13 PM
After time spent travelling to various cities to see Toronto FC (Seattle (3x), Portland, Chicago, Edmonton & Vancouver) I am finally making it out to the Big Smoke to see the reds in action at BMO. I have heard of the various names of pubs and football friendly establishments, I wonder If I might get some recommendations of some liberty Village Joints that RPB/supporters frequent. Thanks, this should be a pretty awesome day.:drinking:

I almost forgot is there any kind of march to the game?

Cheers.

Red CB Toronto
09-20-2016, 10:18 PM
After time spent travelling to various cities to see Toronto FC (Seattle (3x), Portland, Chicago, Edmonton & Vancouver) I am finally making it out to the Big Smoke to see the reds in action at BMO. I have heard of the various names of pubs and football friendly establishments, I wonder If I might get some recommendations of some liberty Village Joints that RPB/supporters frequent. Thanks, this should be a pretty awesome day.:drinking:

Cheers.

Shoeless Joe's on the south side of King Street, east of Dufferin is home pre and post game to the Red Patch Boys. You are more than welcome to join us there.

TFCwestcan
09-20-2016, 10:20 PM
Yes, the pub name is familiar. Thanks Red CB Toronto.

sn0re
09-20-2016, 10:45 PM
Shoeless Joe's on the south side of King Street, east of Dufferin is home pre and post game to the Red Patch Boys. You are more than welcome to join us there.

Is there any marching to BMO from shoeless Joe's? Only one ive been to was home opener.

mistercorporate
09-21-2016, 09:50 AM
Shoeless Joe's is highly recommended!

Pint
09-21-2016, 11:35 AM
Shoeless joes: RPB
Liberty village market cafe: inebriatti
Joker: usector
Locus144: kings

Mateo1985
09-21-2016, 12:02 PM
What kind of atmosphere do you like? What kind of atmosphere do people coming with you like? based on that people can recommend you a place

C.Ronaldo
09-21-2016, 12:41 PM
island foods: Me. they have small portions but best flavour. every-ting be irie when eating those rotis.

one step ahead of you ..... :facepalm: for canadian guy using Jamaican patois

Joe Kool
09-21-2016, 02:11 PM
island foods: Me. they have small portions but best flavour. every-ting be irie when eating those rotis.

one step ahead of you ..... :facepalm: for canadian guy using Jamaican patois

Yes guy. Island foods has the best curry & roti anywhere. Unfortunately I don't get it much living out in Ajax. Anytime I am in the Shoeless Joe's area I eat there pregame. I also try to hit the one on Don Mills too when in that area. Too bad they aren't in the CNE food building anymore. If the OP is looking for hanging with supporters Shoeless would be better though....or even better go for a roti then go to Shoeless for drinks...win win.

noimpactinmtl
09-22-2016, 09:33 PM
Maizal just across from Lampard Stadium on Jefferson St is another place for pre game food. Their tortillas are made from scratch and it's flavoursome.

I would argue its the the best Mexican place in Toronto.

TFCwestcan
09-22-2016, 10:49 PM
Thanks for all your suggestions, the food options sound great. One last question is the food at Shoeless good?

Cheers!

MightyDM
09-23-2016, 08:05 AM
Joes food is typical pub food and is fine. It's the place to go pre game, you'll get right into the atmosphere and likely recognize one or two road warriors too.

Oldtimer
09-23-2016, 08:23 AM
Thanks for all your suggestions, the food options sound great. One last question is the food at Shoeless good?

Cheers!

It's pub food, but it's above average pub food, plus a number of healthy choices as well.

Scotty74
09-23-2016, 01:55 PM
I usually head to the Brazen Head "Irish" bar before games, it's the closest bar to BMO Field, it's located in Liberty Village, less than a 10 min walk. Normally busy with TFC fans pre-game, decent food and drink options

Cashcleaner
09-23-2016, 02:26 PM

Cheers!

As s fat guy, I like to think I know good places to eat, and honestly - Shoeless Joes is pretty good. I guess you can say it's fairly typical pub fare, but you get good portions and there are a few standouts on the menu. I'm a fan of the Buffalo Chicken Wrap and their wings are ok. But I'd say my favourite is either the Steak Sandwich or "The Closer" which is a beer-battered chicken breast (like fish) on a bun with cheese and bacon.

Joe Kool
09-23-2016, 02:43 PM
Maizal just across from Lampard Stadium on Jefferson St is another place for pre game food. Their tortillas are made from scratch and it's flavoursome.

I would argue its the the best Mexican place in Toronto.

I love Mexican food. What do you recommend on the menu?

kodiakTFC
09-23-2016, 04:22 PM
I love Mexican food. What do you recommend on the menu?

All of it. Place is amazing. I get the meat lovers trio. Salsa/chips is good too.

WestStandGeoff
09-23-2016, 10:25 PM
I usually head to the Brazen Head "Irish" bar before games, it's the closest bar to BMO Field, it's located in Liberty Village, less than a 10 min walk. Normally busy with TFC fans pre-game, decent food and drink options

Sorry to be the guy to nitpick, but I can think of at least 3 bars between Brazen Head and the GO tunnel. Not to mention, The Joker on Dufferin is also arguably closer.

Wagner
09-23-2016, 10:30 PM
Sorry to be the guy to nitpick, but I can think of at least 3 bars between Brazen Head and the GO tunnel. Not to mention, The Joker on Dufferin is also arguably closer.

fact.

and according to Google maps.
Joe's is 850m from the Go Tunnel.
Brazen is 550m

300m hardly seems a consideration.

WestStandGeoff
09-23-2016, 10:47 PM
fact.

and according to Google maps.
Joe's is 850m from the Go Tunnel.
Brazen is 550m

300m hardly seems a consideration.

Totally agree, was just rebutting the comment that Brazen Head is the closest bar to BMO... odd reason to pick a bar around there too as there are at least a dozen places to get a drink within a 15 minute walk of the stadium. Joe's is easily my choice, and I'll likely be there for a couple before the match tomorrow.

TFCwestcan
09-23-2016, 11:12 PM
I love the meandering flow of the thread. Well lots of choice. Big thanks to all your opinions. I am really looking forward to the game and day. Cheers.

mistercorporate
09-24-2016, 09:32 AM
It's pub food, but it's above average pub food, plus a number of healthy choices as well.

I'll second that, their Caesar's salad is pretty good, i usually order that with chicken wings.