PDA

View Full Version : Around MLS This Weekend - Sept 16-18

OgtheDim
09-16-2016, 06:33 AM
Playoff battles all weekend long means teams are largely going to go for wins.

Friday

Chicago goes to DCU tonight at 8. Chicago has to win and start getting points out of games in hand. DCU scrambling but a win vaults them into 6th temporarily. In theory we could play either team if we dropped to 3rd.

Saturday

Vancouver @ Seattle at 4. Both teams need a win to put pressure on people above them. Seattle has games in hand but needs to grab points at home

Philly @ Portland 6 pm. Any points at out of conference away game is a bonus. Philly has more away points then NYRB but Portland wants this one bad. We play Philly next weekend. We want a massive beat down by Portland in this one.

FCD @ NYCFC 7 pm Game of the night. Dallas coming off a high with the US Cup win. Both teams want a win. Should be an offensive showdown. Dallas first time in that field will cause them issues. And I suspect Viera has been looking at this game to make a statement for the playoffs. We want a tie.

Columbus @ Orlando 730 pm CBus' season is done. Orlando wants to start a run towards the playoff here. I can only see one result happening. We want a CBus win to stall Orlando's momentum as they play us soon.

NER @ Montreal 730 pm Montreal wants to right the ship while NER, after a dispiriting loss in the US Cup final, trying to squeak into the playoffs somehow. Impact should win as NER is horrid on the road. We want a draw here but an NER win would work as well as that would put pressure on Orlando and Montreal.

San Jose @ Colorado 9pm Two teams I have problems liking. SJE has one win on the road but 6 ties - need a win bad to keep up hopes for the playoffs. The Rapids want the Shield and home field advantage. We want an SJE win here.

Houston @ RSL 9:30 pm RSL has hopes for a playoff run. Houston is all about next season. This being MLS, who knows what could happen here. Result won't matter to us.

Sunday

LAG @ SKC 2 pm - LAG is poised for a run into the playoffs and has visions of the shield. SKC is clawing towards getting home field in the 1st round. If LAG is going to go deep into the playoffs again, they need to win away games like this. For us, the results don't matter but a dispiriting LAG loss would be useful to stop the hype/momentum train.

CBTFC
09-17-2016, 02:24 PM
Rainy, stormy conditions up here on georgian bay have allowed me to comfortably stay inside and watch sports all day... ironically watching the Argos right now ;)

Whitecaps vs Seattle in less than an hour, big 3 points up for grabs so I expect a playoff type atmosphere to the match.

OgtheDim
09-17-2016, 05:01 PM
Morris reminds me of Koevs

OgtheDim
09-17-2016, 05:39 PM
Konopka sighting

Beardless

Detroit_TFC
09-17-2016, 05:50 PM
Philly has looked dangerous so far in this game. The game on 9/24 at BMOF will be intense, looking forward to it.

OgtheDim
09-17-2016, 05:57 PM
Adi i such a good hold up player. I prefer Altidore but if Hamilton could become half of what Adi is that would be good.

OgtheDim
09-17-2016, 06:40 PM
Saunders is the reason NYCFC won't go very far.

Dallas is pretty darn good.

OgtheDim
09-17-2016, 07:03 PM
Philly's decent RB sent off with 2 yellows. Mattocks makes a meal of it but they were both deserved. Philly defence will be not as good versus us next week.

Between that and NER scoring in the first 20 seconds before the Impact touched the ball and so far so good for us.

Auzzy
09-17-2016, 07:46 PM
Columbus up 3-0 at halftime, away to Orlando, that's not quite what Dr. OtD ordered though!

Detroit_TFC
09-17-2016, 07:54 PM
NYCFC equalizes at 77', 2-2 vs FC Dallas, would be a huge result regarding SS. Seems like there are more goals left in this game, though.

Auzzy
09-17-2016, 07:57 PM
NYCFC equalizes at 77', 2-2 vs FC Dallas, would be a huge result regarding SS. Seems like there are more goals left in this game, though.

Oh, fingers crossed that score holds!

ag futbol
09-17-2016, 07:59 PM
Montreal's organization is shameful. No defensive shape at all.

mistercorporate
09-17-2016, 08:00 PM
Oh, fingers crossed that score holds!

fingers crossed NYCFC makes some Texas bbq tonight!

Detroit_TFC
09-17-2016, 08:08 PM
Hell yeah, FT NYCFC 2-2 FC Dallas

Wonderful result for TFC

One on one goal chances for both sides at the end, neither scored.

backbeat
09-17-2016, 08:31 PM
Hell yeah, FT NYCFC 2-2 FC Dallas

Wonderful result for TFC

One on one goal chances for both sides at the end, neither scored.

this is the result i was hoping for....best result for east and shield hopes IMO

notthesun
09-17-2016, 10:09 PM
Results going our way this weekend. Philly loses, NYCFC and Dallas draw, and Colorado just drew. 3 points tomorrow would be huge.

OgtheDim
09-18-2016, 06:35 AM
Columbus up 3-0 at halftime, away to Orlando, that's not quite what Dr. OtD ordered though!

Exactly what we want. Orlando questioning their defence leaving home then they go to DCU next week before we see them in a midweek.

Auzzy
09-18-2016, 11:58 AM
Exactly what we want. Orlando questioning their defence leaving home then they go to DCU next week before we see them in a midweek.

You're right of course, I got confused between the different games! (How about Larin's goal though. Wow, out of nowhere.)

OgtheDim
09-18-2016, 02:57 PM
And the pudgy one scores.