PDA

View Full Version : Montreal Away - October 16th

J-Man
08-05-2016, 10:38 AM
Hey does anyone have the info of the Montreal FO. I want to get the tickets early because I know there was a hassle last time.

Petor
08-05-2016, 10:53 AM
Hey does anyone have the info of the Montreal FO. I want to get the tickets early because I know there was a hassle last time.

Email this person: jeremie.lavoie@impactmontreal.com
he will get you started in the process of acquiring tickets for the match in Montreal in October.
I'll be there. :scarf:

jayeden
08-12-2016, 12:12 PM
i will be there with a biddy as well - does jeremie block a block for us? i have hard horror stories of MTL no?

CanadaLFC
08-12-2016, 04:35 PM
Email Jeremie as mentioned previously. He's already providing people with the excel sheet you need to fill out.

molenshtain
09-14-2016, 01:08 PM
There a crowd making the trip for this one? Our last away game of the season before whatever happens in the playoffs. Montreal is always a great trip, especially in numbers.

Also, do we still have to go through that same ticket rep guy to get tickets? I've lost his contact info so if anyone has it I'd appreciate it if you posted it or PM'd it to me.

Gonna be a good one.

Oldtimer
09-14-2016, 01:27 PM
There a crowd making the trip for this one? Our last away game of the season before whatever happens in the playoffs. Montreal is always a great trip, especially in numbers.

Also, do we still have to go through that same ticket rep guy to get tickets? I've lost his contact info so if anyone has it I'd appreciate it if you posted it or PM'd it to me.

Gonna be a good one.

I merged your thread with the previous one. Look at the previous answers for the contact.

molenshtain
09-14-2016, 02:47 PM
I merged your thread with the previous one. Look at the previous answers for the contact.

Ah. I knew we'd already had a thread. Thanks.

Ivy
09-14-2016, 03:52 PM
Deja vu, this thread.

J-Man
09-14-2016, 07:52 PM
He called me today i had to give my visa over the phone to get the 4 tickets i need. He said he has had alot of poeple asking for tickets.

khso11
09-15-2016, 01:31 PM
Just spoke with Jeremie, he predicts there will be 200-400 away supporters for this match depending on the importance of the game.

Pint
09-15-2016, 01:41 PM
He called me today i had to give my visa over the phone to get the 4 tickets i need. He said he has had alot of poeple asking for tickets.

Were you able to buy tickets not or did he need the number to fill out a form he then processes 2 weeks before the game?

Ivy
09-15-2016, 09:12 PM
Fuck Montreal.

CanadaLFC
09-26-2016, 01:32 PM
Were you able to buy tickets not or did he need the number to fill out a form he then processes 2 weeks before the game?

He took our names in an excel about a month ago, but he is now collecting money.

So odds are that if you want tickets now, you probably pay now too.

Pint
09-26-2016, 01:42 PM
He took our names in an excel about a month ago, but he is now collecting money.

but you didn't have to fill out a form listing each individual that would be taking a ticket from the amount you are buying?

CanadaLFC
09-26-2016, 01:43 PM
but you didn't have to fill out a form listing each individual that would be taking a ticket from the amount you are buying?

Yes, I had to do that to. they need names and emails of everyone in your party who is travelling to the game.

Initial B
09-27-2016, 06:55 AM
I got my Tickets in the Family section for me and my son. Can't wait for October!

Don Julio
09-27-2016, 11:37 AM

I emailed him yesterday.. After filling out the form he called for my credit card # an hour or two later.

jayeden
09-30-2016, 08:56 AM
is there plans for a common place for pre-drink / post game ?

Pint
09-30-2016, 09:02 AM

Pregame is usually MacLeans/Peel pub they are next door to eachother.

Post game who knows because its a sunday but probably just ask those around you at pregame if they have any plans.

CanadaLFC
09-30-2016, 09:21 AM

In my experience, people head back to MacLeans after the match, as a rally point for whatever else.

jayeden
09-30-2016, 09:38 AM
cool thanks - game time is changed to 3pm i was just told.....

DIEHARDTFC
09-30-2016, 10:19 PM
So stoked for this - anyone taking the via into MTL? CanadaLFC, myself and a friend will be taking the train from Union into MTL Saturday afternoon.

Red CB Toronto
09-30-2016, 11:02 PM
cool thanks - game time is changed to 3pm i was just told.....

It was changed a while back to uniform kickoff times for the day.

J-Man
10-01-2016, 04:28 AM
My wife and I are taking the Saturday morning train at 9:20am

firm
10-03-2016, 03:12 PM
filled out form today all good and jeremie just called me paid 4 of us are going driving down early sat

spe18
10-03-2016, 07:33 PM
Is there some sort of a Saturday night get together planned for this trip?

CanadaLFC
10-04-2016, 08:26 AM
Is there some sort of a Saturday night get together planned for this trip?

There can be

greatwhitenorf
10-06-2016, 09:57 PM
Fuck Montreal.

Right. You're banned.

Mateo1985
10-06-2016, 10:01 PM
Sucks to be missing this trip. It should be a riot. In a good way.

Red CB Toronto
10-06-2016, 10:32 PM
Touched base with Stu, the GM at McLeans, all is good, they are expecting us. As usual McLeans will be a great time.

J-Man
10-07-2016, 07:59 AM
Mcleans always treats us great can't wait for this trip.

CanadaLFC
10-11-2016, 01:19 PM
So is anyone else on the Via on Saturday 11:30 am?

Mateo1985
10-11-2016, 01:54 PM
So is anyone else on the Via on Saturday 11:30 am?

How much is a round trip on that train?

CanadaLFC
10-11-2016, 01:57 PM

It was about $100 for us, but it probably went up by about $20 for now.

Mateo1985
10-11-2016, 02:20 PM
It was about $100 for us, but it probably went up by about $20 for now.

Given that Megabus would be at least 70 bucks this is not a bad deal for being way more confortable

CanadaLFC
10-11-2016, 02:24 PM
Given that Megabus would be at least 70 bucks this is not a bad deal for being way more confortable

Way more comfortable, shorter journey, and you get to buy booze. There is really no comparison.

Mateo1985
10-11-2016, 02:28 PM
Way more comfortable, shorter journey, and you get to buy booze. There is really no comparison.

If that's the route you take next year I'll join lol

molenshtain
10-11-2016, 03:28 PM
How early will McLeans be open on sunday? and how early will we have to be at Saputo?

J-Man
10-11-2016, 04:09 PM
Has anyone received there confirmation for the tickets yet

Red CB Toronto
10-11-2016, 04:35 PM
How early will McLeans be open on sunday? and how early will we have to be at Saputo?

McLeans opens at 11 am, expecting most of the traffic from opening to 1ish. Anyone with supporter tickets I believe you have to be there an hour before to retrieve them. I got mine online so I will leave the pub around 1:30.

Stress
10-12-2016, 08:34 AM
Has anyone received there confirmation for the tickets yet

Nope still waiting on an email from Jeremie. Was coming here to ask the same question.

J-Man
10-12-2016, 08:35 AM
He said we get the email a week before the game I'm going to email him tommorrow if u don't get the email.

CanadaLFC
10-12-2016, 08:56 AM
He said we get the email a week before the game I'm going to email him tommorrow if u don't get the email.

I spoke to Jeremie. He said he will hopefully have it send out by tomorrow afternoon. He said the final document is not ready yet. I can't imagine many changes from last years.

Mateo1985
10-12-2016, 09:35 AM
The game is sold out. It will be awesome. Enjoy the game. It is going to be epic trip for those who are traveling to Montreal

Red CB Toronto
10-12-2016, 09:46 AM
I spoke to Jeremie. He said he will hopefully have it send out by tomorrow afternoon. He said the final document is not ready yet. I can't imagine many changes from last years.

This is just dam silly, how stupid is the FO that they can't organize this better.

J-Man
10-12-2016, 09:51 AM
Does anyone know how many approx are heading down. Did anyone hear from montreal regarding the numbers.

Phil
10-12-2016, 09:52 AM
This is just dam silly, how stupid is the FO that they can't organize this better.

Does it shock anyone that maybe they just don't want Toronto supporters there? After last year the message seems loud and clear from them.

CanadaLFC
10-12-2016, 09:54 AM
Does it shock anyone that maybe they just don't want Toronto supporters there? After last year the message seems loud and clear from them.

Yeah, I agree. I think the added cost of having those school buses there last year, with extra security, as well shenanigans TFC fans have got up to in the past, they would rather not have us. However, I will say they were way more prompt in handing out the excel forms and contacting about tickets, at least in my experience.

Red CB Toronto
10-12-2016, 10:15 AM

Yeah, I agree. I think the added cost of having those school buses there last year, with extra security, as well shenanigans TFC fans have got up to in the past, they would rather not have us. However, I will say they were way more prompt in handing out the excel forms and contacting about tickets, at least in my experience.
I agree, will there be buses this year?

CanadaLFC
10-12-2016, 10:16 AM
No Idea

OgtheDim
10-12-2016, 01:15 PM

Then they are idiots.

ESPN is covering an all Canada game SPECIFICALLY because of the atmosphere of this rivalry. Its going to be freaking monster and the Impact getting all cheesey about it just cuts down future income for them.

Embrace the heat cause it will make you money ya damn fools.

jayeden
10-12-2016, 05:23 PM
I agree, will there be buses this year?

Jeremie told me yes there will be buses waiting for us after the game - i am unfamiliar with the EXACT sequence of events of the time it all went south - but the buses are a good thing correct? (we got a first timer on our hands)

molenshtain
10-12-2016, 05:28 PM
Jeremie told me yes there will be buses waiting for us after the game - i am unfamiliar with the EXACT sequence of events of the time it all went south - but the buses are a good thing correct? (we got a first timer on our hands)

Yes. Not being harassed and attacked by impact supporters and police on the way out of the stadium will be a welcome change.

Ivy
10-12-2016, 06:40 PM
Just a word to those traveling - heard through the grapevine that there will be UM02 boys out looking for blood. Watch your back and your scarves.

anto7
10-12-2016, 09:26 PM
Just a word to those traveling - heard through the grapevine that there will be UM02 boys out looking for blood. Watch your back and your scarves.

I really hope this is not true. I dislike Montreal as much as anyone but this is taking this rivalry way too far. I hope nobody thinks this is in any way cool....because it certainly is not. I had enough of this crap going to games in England in the 80's, watching games in North America has always been such a blast without ever having to worry about mindless violence.
We really need to make sure we have no part in any of this and make sure we behave appropriately.
Yes I know we cannot control the behaviour of rival fans but we can make sure that we do not stoop to their level if they do look to cause any issues.

firm
10-13-2016, 08:09 AM
I d like to see where the bus is going to drop us off , 4 of us are driving up on sat -- def be at Mcleans pre-game on sun before game

Soccer Mum
10-13-2016, 10:37 AM
I really hope this is not true. I dislike Montreal as much as anyone but this is taking this rivalry way too far. I hope nobody thinks this is in any way cool....because it certainly is not. I had enough of this crap going to games in England in the 80's, watching games in North America has always been such a blast without ever having to worry about mindless violence.
We really need to make sure we have no part in any of this and make sure we behave appropriately.
Yes I know we cannot control the behaviour of rival fans but we can make sure that we do not stoop to their level if they do look to cause any issues.

So then what do you suggest if they come at one of us? Run away? Take a beating?

Stress
10-13-2016, 11:13 AM
So then what do you suggest if they come at one of us? Run away? Take a beating?

I think he's talking about not being baited into actual violence. If they are hurling insults, pay it no mind.

anto7
10-13-2016, 12:20 PM

And that's exactly the type of reply that gives me reason for concern

anto7
10-13-2016, 12:21 PM
I think he's talking about not being baited into actual violence. If they are hurling insults, pay it no mind.

Thanks for the sensible response

strictlye
10-13-2016, 12:41 PM

Wow, its cheaper to drive and have your car in montreal with you.

I can't wait for this game! I'm driving up on Saturday morning, then going to get y haircut there. I found a great barber the last time I was there. lol

CanadaLFC
10-13-2016, 01:09 PM
Wow, its cheaper to drive and have your car in montreal with you.

I can't wait for this game! I'm driving up on Saturday morning, then going to get y haircut there. I found a great barber the last time I was there. lol

Yeah definitely cheaper.

I find if you have a few friends with you on the train, the experience is amazing.

ChrisFizik
10-13-2016, 03:02 PM
Any ticket holders will see an email soon from IMFC with a travelling supporters plan. Take note of standard rules, transit to and from stadium, and meetup plans. Your best bet is to join with supporters in the city at McLean's beforehand (http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?39540-Toronto-FC-Supporters-Pre-game-Party-In-Montreal-!!! thanks CB) and head over together with all on the subway! You'll note buses are being made available post-match which is the recommended route out of dodge.

DIEHARDTFC
10-13-2016, 08:47 PM
Good on them for organizing the busses for us again. Being there last year in oct after a 5 pm start, leaving the shit pit well after the sun had set and being released into the woods was not pleasant. It was much smoother this past spring when they transported us well away from saputo on the busses.

firm
10-14-2016, 07:44 AM
so basically go to Mclean's pre drink , get metro at station peel arnd 1pm upto viau station see jeremie , show my ID and he will let me in

SarniaTFC
10-14-2016, 09:35 AM
Safe travels to everybody making the trip down to M*ntreal this weekend. Best of luck and make sure we are loud and proud so everyone not fortunate enough to make the trip can hear and sing along on tv. Get it up them! All the best and COYR

strictlye
10-16-2016, 09:59 AM
Ugh, looks like it's going to be a very cold, wet and soggy game today. Good thing my hotel is walking distance from the field

Petor
10-16-2016, 11:51 AM
Ugh, looks like it's going to be a very cold, wet and soggy game today. Good thing my hotel is walking distance from the field

I've been in Montreal since Friday and today is going to be the warmest day(17c).
Don't worry about the rain, the supporters section(112) has a roof over it.

ChrisFizik
10-18-2016, 10:37 AM
Hey all

hope safe journeys back home from the weekend. Just wanted to say thanks to all that made the trip and got involved with the action on the day - pre-match, trek to Saputo and everything - not an 'ideal' result, stressful at times, but we chanted and clapped our way thru it!

http://i.imgur.com/lFV3rMGh.jpg

DinamoTFC
10-18-2016, 11:11 AM
Just curious if there were any altercations like last year?
Did random mtl fans try to jump our fans again post match ? Was there a bus to take our supporters back downtown mtl?

Blizzard
10-18-2016, 12:36 PM
Just curious if there were any altercations like last year?
Did random mtl fans try to jump our fans again post match ? Was there a bus to take our supporters back downtown mtl?

I'm not aware of an difficulties.

There were four yellow school buses that took us to Windsor Station. No problems there at all.