PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION MO and CARVER!!! I want you to sign Crespo!!!

ua-kozak_TFC
07-28-2008, 12:35 PM
Hernan Crespo. is your DP player!!!

PROS:
-Currently a free agent
-has lots of Experience and was successful in everyclub he played for...
-has a big name and in his era was one of the best stricker in the world
-He would sell huge ammount of jerseys and bring a lot of revenew through -advertisement and tv deals
-There is no doubt the guy can score he has a hard shot, very good air game and the nose of a stricker.
-He would bring the credibility of the league up.
-He would expand the league's horizonts in south america and italy where he has a huger folloring specially in argentina.
-Plus there doesn;t seem to be any interest or rumours about him in Europe so the competition should not be a problem...in driving his signing up

CONS:
-is there any?

So why not shell the big buks for him as our DP player??? You;ll get it back in advertisement in less than a year...

ps: there has been rumours of Kanu the reality is that his stats ratio is no where near those of crespo... kanu is a one hit wonder (with arsenal and even there his success wasn;t that great) while crespo showed that he can succede anywhere. i would rather pay 5-7 million for Crespo than wasting 1 mill on Kanu.

BC101
07-28-2008, 12:36 PM
giggles...

RealG-TFC
07-28-2008, 12:37 PM
Just thought I should help the cause, although everyone here proabably knows how good Crespo is anyways.

UP5BjqEnSxU

13CP
07-28-2008, 12:40 PM
^ Damn. I like the music.

Strikers
07-28-2008, 12:41 PM
That'a a great choice for DP, my only question is would he want to move here?

It would be brilliant if he did, and a fantastic move by Mo if he makes it happen.

colman1860
07-28-2008, 12:41 PM
Im going to go ahead and assume that theres a reason hes not playing anywhere. Not a bad idea overall, but hes getting old, and surely if he was as great as you say, hed have himself a team.

colman1860
07-28-2008, 12:42 PM
^ Damn. I like the music.

mmmmmmm... Hysteria. Muse = best band in history.

invictusTFC
07-28-2008, 12:43 PM

PROS:
-Currently a free agent
-He would sell huge ammount of jerseys and bring a lot of revenew through -advertisement and tv deals
-There is no doubt the guy can score he has a hard shot, very good air game and the nose of a stricker.
-He would expand the league's horizonts in south america and italy where he has a huger folloring specially in argentina.
-Plus there doesn;t seem to be any interest or rumours about him in Europe so the competition should not be a problem...in driving his signing up

CONS:
-is there any?

So why not shell the big buks for him as our DP player??? You;ll get it back in advertisement in less than a year...

ps: there has been rumours of Kanu the reality is that his stats ratio is no where near those of crespo... kanu is a one hit wonder (with arsenal and even there his success wasn;t that great) while crespo showed that he can succede anywhere. i would rather pay 5-7 million for Crespo than wasting 1 mill on Kanu.

I think someone got dropped on his head real, real bad!!!

P.S. there is no Kanu rumour, just another silly "what if" thread just like this one.

Troll
07-28-2008, 12:43 PM
He couldn't settle into London because of lifestyle differences, and you think he'll settle here?

why?

dantdot
07-28-2008, 12:44 PM
Not gonna happen and wouldn't play on turf.

Huginho
07-28-2008, 12:45 PM
cause there is a large latin contengint in this city as opposed to London.

BC101
07-28-2008, 12:45 PM
He couldn't settle into London because of lifestyle differences, and you think he'll settle here?

why?
exactly why i laughed at the beginning of this LOL but then people started talkin about music and such LOL thank you for being knowledgeable enough to keep it real. WTF LOL he'll soon go back to Argentina than play here.

flatpicker
07-28-2008, 12:46 PM
notice how many of those goals are a result of great passes though...
would our midfield be able to offer that same kind of service?

tlear
07-28-2008, 12:46 PM
Great choice, never gona happen :(

McBrace
07-28-2008, 12:51 PM
What ever your smokin, you should share! It's nice to dream!

13CP
07-28-2008, 12:52 PM

Exactly. But wouldn't mind to have him here.

James17930
07-28-2008, 12:54 PM
The dude sure loves to score though. Man -- he goes crazy.

fetajr
07-28-2008, 12:57 PM

I agree 100%. We have quality midfielders, just no one to give the ball to up front!!

Vamos Crespo!!

ExiledRed
07-28-2008, 12:57 PM
How much time does Mo need to waste pursuing guys like this?

It would obviously be a stretch, take ages to negotiate, and end without a signing.

In the meantime, there are players actively looking into MLS and we should be courting them, not approaching random stars with crappy offers.

BC101
07-28-2008, 12:58 PM
No absolutely not... No offense to our lads but AC Milan, Chelsea(Jose's Chelsea) and Argentina are 1000 years ahead of us playing wise. See some of the players feedin him Robben and such? LOL God... IF we can't even entice Huckerby to come here what makes people thing Crespo would wanna LOL you could drive a dump truck full of money to his house and he'd still say no.. Why? he'd get paid more to play some place else more enticing.

BC101
07-28-2008, 01:01 PM
How much time does Mo need to waste pursuing guys like this?

It would obviously be a stretch, take ages to negotiate, and end without a signing.

In the meantime, there are players actively looking into MLS and we should be courting them, not approaching random stars with crappy offers.

There it is...

Limani_Ole
07-28-2008, 01:03 PM
that would be the best get ever..

BC101
07-28-2008, 01:04 PM
Or until the "TFC TO GET DAVID VILLA" THread goes up.

Stugatzo
07-28-2008, 01:07 PM
CONS:
-is there any?

Uhhhh...yah....he's a goal suck...and he played for fucking Chelsea.:mad:
But you're right...he would score plenty.

invictusTFC
07-28-2008, 01:07 PM
I agree 100%. We have quality midfielders, just no one to give the ball to up front!!

Vamos Crespo!!

Wow... all the dreamers have come out of the woodwork today!

ExiledRed
07-28-2008, 01:12 PM
If there's indication that a player like this is even curiously looking into coming to MLS, then I'm all for active discussion on trying to get that player.

But all we have is that he is a free agent. Clutching at straws.

sidney
07-28-2008, 01:19 PM
Chad Barrett is much better than Crespo. :)

ensco
07-28-2008, 01:20 PM
I doubt very much that any veteran South American star would come here (unless they had family or some similar reason).

No large South American communities, and crappy winters - it's an almost impossible sell to their families

denime
07-28-2008, 01:24 PM

It would be brilliant if he did, and a fantastic move by Mo if he makes it happen.

He would ,Because we have turf :)

joel
07-28-2008, 01:25 PM
CONS: He will not come to the MLS, and won't play for us.

Jimmy The Saint
07-28-2008, 01:26 PM
Just wait for Van Nistelrooy....

Huginho
07-28-2008, 01:28 PM
I doubt very much that any veteran South American star would come here (unless they had family or some similar reason).

No large South American communities, and crappy winters - it's an almost impossible sell to their families

your wrong there. a very very large south american community

Heathen
07-28-2008, 01:32 PM

somehow I don't think he'd be sticking around in the offseason so the weather's a non-factor

TFC Tifoso
07-28-2008, 01:40 PM

Probably not exactly the same, but in terms of quality in MLS, I still believe our midfield is (one of) the best, despite TFC's recent form (which is mostly due to our strikers, or certain lumps of shit who call themsleves strikers). Crespo would undoubtedly change that.

On the other hand, getting him here is another 30 page thread....

loconet
07-28-2008, 01:42 PM
Fuck we need grass :(

ecantona7
07-28-2008, 01:50 PM
hahahaha, crespo

TheRenter
07-28-2008, 02:16 PM
i, and the rest of this city for that matter, would be over the f'n moon if this happened...make it happen Mo!

Technorgasm
07-28-2008, 02:27 PM
I only know of ONE goal Crespo has ever scored. . .l one, and one only.. . too bad it wsnt enough to lift his team to Glory.

Cant we go after players that actually WANT to play in N. America? there seems to be a stigma about the league, and the over all footy environment. . .

noochie
07-28-2008, 02:45 PM
I vote for a wish list forum where this stuff can be discussed. We tend to pick off players all the time despite having no reported connection to TFC (and in some cases multiple threads on the same player). If they pan out, then move them in here.

Not knocking anyone here but this is less credible than MLS Rumors.

invictusTFC
07-28-2008, 02:47 PM

Players, including South Americans will play just about anywhere for the right money (how many Brazillians play in Russia, Romainia, Ukraine?). However, in this particular case we are talking about a very experienced international who still has what it takes to compete at the highest level. He will not be willing to come here because a move like that will be perceived as a virtual retirement.

ua-kozak_TFC
07-28-2008, 06:36 PM
The dude sure loves to score though. Man -- he goes crazy.
According to him ( and i am not making this up) "Scoring a goal is as close to having an orgasm as it gets"

kelzag
07-28-2008, 07:10 PM
Elvis Crespo? :p Woot!

b2XQeq_0KOI

arbogast
07-29-2008, 09:49 AM

Exactly. He had trouble settling in London and didn't like the English lifestyle. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/4091783.stm

If he can't adapt to London, I doubt he's willing to make a jump to NA.

Kooper
07-29-2008, 10:59 AM
Attention Mo and Carver, I want Christiano Ronaldo to play for us.

Pros
He is amazing
He is unsettled at United
-has a big name and in his era was one of the best midfielder in the world
-He would sell huge amount of jerseys and bring a lot of revenue through -advertisement and tv deals
-There is no doubt the guy can score he has a hard shot, very good air game and the nose of an attacker
-He would expand the league's horizons in South America and Portugal where he has a huger following

Cons
He like Crespo is not coming to the MLS anytime soon.

ua-kozak_TFC
07-29-2008, 11:22 AM
Attention Mo and Carver, I want Christiano Ronaldo to play for us.

Pros
He is amazing
He is unsettled at United
-has a big name and in his era was one of the best midfielder in the world
-He would sell huge amount of jerseys and bring a lot of revenue through -advertisement and tv deals
-There is no doubt the guy can score he has a hard shot, very good air game and the nose of an attacker
-He would expand the league's horizons in South America and Portugal where he has a huger following

Cons
He like Crespo is not coming to the MLS anytime soon.
Yes i know what you guys are saying and I agree with you partly ... but the exact SAME thing happened when beckham was rumoured to come here.... EXACTLY the same thing)that he will never come here blah blah blahbecause he wants to play for the national team... he came yet he still is playing for england)... I bet if you the right deal on the table he would come for a season or 2. and then finish his career in argentina...

rpb-tfc-4life
07-29-2008, 11:38 AM
that would be a beast signing...

trane
07-29-2008, 12:02 PM
I want them to sign Toni, Cannavaro, Nesta, Lescot, Yakubu, Anelka, Gattuso and Pirlo. But they do not listen. FUCK THEM.

Bobo
07-29-2008, 01:01 PM
He's not a free agent. He's happy at Inter and plays great for them. He doesn't even want to move to another class team. Forget it.

Smenge
07-29-2008, 01:24 PM
Andy Welsh

LucaGol
07-29-2008, 01:48 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5PihDgj22eU&feature=related

Didn't know where else to put it....funny video of John Carver...fast forward to 2:18

Edit: Not even releated to this thread at all...check out RoRo

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jxwRs7iXk88&feature=related (ff to 1:26)

torfchamilton
07-29-2008, 02:14 PM
Andy Welsh

Where is he now? I read that he was released by Blackpool.

jloome
07-29-2008, 02:20 PM
Kleber Boas Pereira. Out of contract as of June 30 from Santos of Brazil, is 33 years old and probably looking for a last big payday. Regular scorer for a decade in the Mexican Apertura and he scored 40 goals last year for Santos.

He'd destroy MLS.

Roogsy
07-29-2008, 02:23 PM
Kleber Boas Pereira. Out of contract as of June 30 from Santos of Brazil, is 33 years old and probably looking for a last big payday. Regular scorer for a decade in the Mexican Apertura and he scored 40 goals last year for Santos.

He'd destroy MLS.

Hey...that's a good find!

Paul...send this link to Mo please.

Troll
07-29-2008, 02:28 PM
You guys should merge this thread with the DeVos thread and create a Mega thread of Stupidity....

jloome
07-29-2008, 02:57 PM
Hey...that's a good find!

Paul...send this link to Mo please.

I've already shipped it to both, one by PM here the other by email. Doubt they take this kind of thing seriously from fans, though.

I_AM_CANADIAN
07-30-2008, 01:03 AM

PROS:
-Currently a free agent

CONS:
-is there any?

Crespo??? In MLS??? Maybe five years from now, not now. The man is tearing up Serie A, and besides, I'm fairly certain that he's still under contract at Chelsea, on loan at Inter. If he was released, there would be major clamoring for his signature among the top European teams.

But hey, while we're on the topic of unattainable transfer targets... get Van Nistelrooy over to BMO!!!!!

jloome
07-30-2008, 01:29 AM
Turs out Kleber boas signed an extension in April. Don't knwo for how long. Dammit.

Fort York Redcoat
07-30-2008, 06:50 AM
I thought it was Crespo who's flat was busted in on while his wife was home and that was the catalyst for his departure? Crime isn't the problem here, cold (and grass) is.

king10
07-30-2008, 08:15 AM
Crespo??? In MLS??? Maybe five years from now, not now. The man is tearing up Serie A, and besides, I'm fairly certain that he's still under contract at Chelsea, on loan at Inter. If he was released, there would be major clamoring for his signature among the top European teams.

But hey, while we're on the topic of unattainable transfer targets... get Van Nistelrooy over to BMO!!!!!

crespo was on loan to inter last season from chelsea and didnt feature much for inter as they preferred julio cruz, ibra, and mario balotelli or even david suazo.. after the season chelsea didn't extend his contract and he is currently without a club... i can't believe no club has picked him up.. his goal scoring record is one of the best i have ever seen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hern%C3%A1n_Crespo

Ossington Mental Youth
07-30-2008, 08:18 AM
God thatd be incredible if we signed him

ecantona7
07-30-2008, 10:29 AM

The only thing crespo has been doing in serie A the past season is tearing up the bench. Ibrahimovic and Cruz both start ahead of him and Sauzo is the main option coming off the bench for them if I'm not mistaken.

Bobo
07-30-2008, 11:04 AM
crespo was on loan to inter last season from chelsea and didnt feature much for inter as they preferred julio cruz, ibra, and mario balotelli or even david suazo.. after the season chelsea didn't extend his contract and he is currently without a club... i can't believe no club has picked him up.. his goal scoring record is one of the best i have ever seen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hern%C3%A1n_Crespo

Inter (unofficially) owns Crespo and he doesn't want to play anywhere else......until January at least.

invictusTFC
07-30-2008, 02:20 PM
Wow... 3 entire pages dedicated to this extremely unlikely scenario. Maybe I should start a thread that lacks any real legitimate chance of happening...

Hmmm... let me see! How about this one:

Maybe TFC should try to lure Berbatov to BMO! MLSE can compete toe to toe with Man U! lol

king10
07-30-2008, 03:27 PM
Wow... 3 entire pages dedicated to this extremely unlikely scenario. Maybe I should start a thread that lacks any real legitimate chance of happening...

Hmmm... let me see! How about this one:

Maybe TFC should try to lure Berbatov to BMO! MLSE can compete toe to toe with Man U! lol

:)maybe possible wasnt mlse going to buy tottenham.. berbatov is as good as ours:D

RealG-TFC
07-30-2008, 03:30 PM
lol let's get Diego Forlan!

invictusTFC
07-30-2008, 03:33 PM
lol let's get Diego Forlan!

I don't know about Diego, but we can probably get his father Pablo for next to nothing!

RealG-TFC
07-30-2008, 03:45 PM
I don't know about Diego, but we can probably get his father Pablo for next to nothing!

Or his grandad! He did play for Independiente!