PDA

View Full Version : Match Day 27 - Putting the Impact on the Zipper Ride - Montreal @ TFC Sat Aug 27 730

Pages : [1] 2

OgtheDim
08-22-2016, 01:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3Bt5pso-YQ

Go to this point (1:19) to see the terror.

https://youtu.be/X3Bt5pso-YQ?t=79

The Derby - the Big Match - The One Circled On All Our Calenders - The Most Heated Rivalry In MLS

Can't wait

Tic Tac...

Have At It People

hulkrogan
08-22-2016, 01:59 PM
This game will push my travel distance to watch TFC over the years to 17,274km

In that time I've seen 0 goals for TFC and 0 wins in MLS competition.

That said, the tide turned watching them win the Canadian Championship in Montreal with a 0-0 result.

I'm beyond pumped for my first ever home game. Against a top rival, during the Ex, the team is firing on all cylinders. The stars are aligning, this is it.

I've watched the team and the stadium itself evolve over the years, and now I finally get to take part.

Selfishly, I'm hoping for some massive squad rotation Wednesday.

:flare::flare::scarf::scarf:

Pint
08-22-2016, 01:59 PM
Sold out, Cheapest ticket on stubhub is $60USD... Game is going to be packed and it is going to be loud.

BE IN YOUR SPOT BEFORE KICKOFF... REMEMBER IT TAKES TIME TO GET INTO EX GROUNDS AND INTO STADIUM.

mistercorporate
08-22-2016, 02:00 PM

That said, the tide turned watching them win the Canadian Championship in Montreal with a 0-0 result.

I'm beyond pumped for my first ever home game. Against a top rival, during the Ex, the team is firing on all cylinders. The stars are aligning, this is it.

I've watched the team and the stadium itself evolve over the years, and now I finally get to take part.

You're flying all the way from Calgary to watch TFC play?

Yohan
08-22-2016, 02:20 PM
You want to be in your seats a bit before kick off for some special stuff from supporters groups.

Sucks I won't be able to make it to this game

hulkrogan
08-22-2016, 02:22 PM
You're flying all the way from Calgary to watch TFC play?

Yes, and very excited for it! The weather is looking great as well. After Houston I started to have nightmares of postponement :)

mistercorporate
08-22-2016, 02:25 PM
Yes, and very excited for it! The weather is looking great as well. After Houston I started to have nightmares of postponement :)

Awesome, hats off to you. A true fan! Should be a fun game, take some time to enjoy the Ex as well if you arrive early.

Blindside16
08-24-2016, 05:24 AM

That is amazing. You couldn't pick a bigger game to go to. Nothing is better than watching the sad faces of the L'impact fans as they leave the stadium.

Pint
08-24-2016, 10:00 AM
Here is a quick tip... be in your seat 15 min before the game starts, not just in the stadium but in your spot. Lets get this game going properly

Detroit_TFC
08-24-2016, 10:12 AM
Well, Ticketmaster shows a grand total of one seat available (in 210) and that includes the general admission seats. Usually the hold back inventory gets released for walk ups but clearly there is going to be a full house.

I wonder if the FO is expecting some returned group tickets and that's why they haven't announced a sold out game yet.

mistercorporate
08-24-2016, 10:20 AM
Here is a quick tip... be in your seat 15 min before the game starts, not just in the stadium but in your spot. Lets get this game going properly

Amen, get in your seats early FFS. Let's set an example for the tourist fans for how a proper footy atmosphere should be.

molenshtain
08-24-2016, 01:15 PM
I'm moving to Montreal within the next week. This will be my last game as a season seat holder for the foreseeable future after going to pretty much every game for these last 10 years. I'm hoping the boys can come through and provide me some lasting memories.

COYR

gmacpheetfc
08-24-2016, 01:40 PM
any idea how many away tickets have been sold?

Greatest Ripoff
08-24-2016, 01:41 PM
Flying in from England on Friday. Haven't been to a TFC match in over 2 years, so I am really looking forward to this.

Oldtimer
08-24-2016, 03:41 PM
I'm moving to Montreal within the next week. This will be my last game as a season seat holder for the foreseeable future after going to pretty much every game for these last 10 years. I'm hoping the boys can come through and provide me some lasting memories.

COYR

Noooo! Don't defect to the LIMPACT. :lol:

OgtheDim
08-24-2016, 03:58 PM
Flying in from England on Friday. Haven't been to a TFC match in over 2 years, so I am really looking forward to this.

The additions to the Stadium are quite stunning but watching Giovinco and that defensive back 4 play is going to blow your mind. No matter the result, the difference in this team between now and that summer of Defoe is immense.

Blindside16
08-25-2016, 06:05 AM
After last nights game, I am so pumped for Saturday. With 3 points and a little helper we can be atop the league at the end of the night. Let's drown out the entire CNE. :flare::flare::drum::drum::scarf::drum::drum::flar e::flare:

Blindside16
08-25-2016, 06:29 AM
Just out of curiosity I looked at ticketmaster for Saturdays game and there is a total of 3 seats left lol.

OgtheDim
08-25-2016, 06:35 AM
I refuse to entertain any thought of "where we will be" after this game. That is all so much noise.

This is Montreal.

This is the team that shat on us twice last season within a week to end that hopeful season in anger and recriminations.

For one day I will not care about

where we are in the standings

how we have been playing

the opportunities for trophies

There is only one thought on the day

Beat the Impact Back to Montreal

VICTORY ON THE DAY

THAT IS THE FOCUS

THAT IS THE GOAL

THAT IS WHAT WE WANT

BEAT THE IMPACT SATURDAY

Initial B
08-25-2016, 07:27 AM
I have a really bad feeling about this game. You just know that one of the announcers is going to pipe in with "Montreal has never won at BMO Field", which will bring down the curse upon us. I see a 2-1 loss coming. :(

Fort York Redcoat
08-25-2016, 08:01 AM
I have a really bad feeling about this game. You just know that one of the announcers is going to pipe in with "Montreal has never won at BMO Field", which will bring down the curse upon us. I see a 2-1 loss coming. :(

Annnnnnnd you just invoked the @Initial B (http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/member.php?u=41802) REVERSE CURSE so....

WE GOOD:thumbsup:

Carry on everybody with positivity! B did the negative bit for us all, Bless him.g:D

Montreal missed plenty of chances to take that game against DC so I hope there's no underestimating them.

Voodooman
08-25-2016, 08:08 AM
I am beyond hyped for this match!

Could this be the biggest game at BMO? But i'll be down early, will join in the march and get set for the banner!

mistercorporate
08-25-2016, 08:11 AM
Annnnnnnd you just invoked the @Initial B (http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/member.php?u=41802) REVERSE CURSE so....

WE GOOD:thumbsup:

Carry on everybody with positivity! B did the negative bit for us all, Bless him.g:D

Montreal missed plenty of chances to take that game against DC so I hope there's no underestimating them.

LMAO

Derko
08-25-2016, 08:37 AM

So you, yourself has brought that curse into the picture. you silly, silly boy :facepalm:

PAOK17
08-25-2016, 09:22 AM

COYR

I just moved back from there after living there for the past few years. Hopefully you'll still get to catch a few home games in toronto like I did.

Personally it felt cool living in Montreal as a tfc fan. Also the montreal away games are easy to access (obviously) - especially the voyagers cup games since they're mid week.

Kamp Berg
08-25-2016, 09:43 AM
I can't imagine Vanney will be fielding anything other than our best players in the 4-4-2 diamond this weekend! It's going to be amped up for sure! I wouldn't be suprised if this was the loudest game so far this year.

Jack
08-25-2016, 09:57 AM
I'll be cheering from afar. Sucks to miss this one, but vacation is vacation.

ManUtd4ever
08-25-2016, 10:11 AM

Same here. I'll be watching this one up north, but I'm really looking forward to it.

Oldtimer
08-25-2016, 10:13 AM
This will be my wife's first time coming with me in over 5 years. Let's hope for a big W and a good atmosphere!

burlington Red
08-25-2016, 10:28 AM
Looking forward to this game big time, can't wait. The only negative is that the ex aren't selling the deep fried butter this year......
A delicious, nutritious, low sodium pregame snack perfect for nibbling with a nice ice cold beer.

Canary10
08-25-2016, 11:32 AM
This will be my wife's first time coming with me in over 5 years. Let's hope for a big W and a good atmosphere!

I really wouldn't worry about the atmosphere!

So guys, should we get there early for this game?

SarniaTFC
08-25-2016, 11:49 AM
I really wouldn't worry about the atmosphere!

So guys, should we get there early for this game?
Early is defiantly the key. There is a March to the match leaving Joe's at 5:15 so hopefully there is a big turn out for that and by the time we get to the stadium and straight to our seats the place will be packed.

Initial B
08-25-2016, 12:03 PM
So you, yourself has brought that curse into the picture. you silly, silly boy :facepalm:
Nah, sports curses haven't figured out how to use the internet, so we're good so long as the don't say anything live on air. ;)

Ruffian
08-25-2016, 12:56 PM
Any news if Chapman is injured? He left early in that last game.

mistercorporate
08-25-2016, 01:16 PM
So will Cheyrou be taking Bradley's place or is he injured?

Joe Kool
08-25-2016, 01:17 PM
So will Cheyrou be taking Bradley's place or is he injured?

I didn't hear Bradley was injured. Where did you read that?

mistercorporate
08-25-2016, 01:25 PM
I didn't hear Bradley was injured. Where did you read that?

I was referring to Cheyrou. They said during the broadcast that Bradley was suspended for the next game due to yellow card accumulation. However Kurt Larson states Bradley will be available since he didn't get a warning before his yellow card. If for any reason Bradley can't make it, I want to know if Cheyrou is healthy enough to take Bradley's place (haven't seen Cheyrou play lately so assumed he was injured).

OgtheDim
08-25-2016, 01:50 PM
Bradley didn't get a yellow.

The TV guys said IF he got a yellow he'd be out for Saturday. He didn't.

ronzilla
08-25-2016, 01:54 PM
Delgado was the only one to get yellow.

Joe Kool
08-25-2016, 02:02 PM
I was referring to Cheyrou. They said during the broadcast that Bradley was suspended for the next game due to yellow card accumulation. However Kurt Larson states Bradley will be available since he didn't get a warning before his yellow card. If for any reason Bradley can't make it, I want to know if Cheyrou is healthy enough to take Bradley's place (haven't seen Cheyrou play lately so assumed he was injured).

Ok yeah I didn't read your post right. Been one of those days. Bradley didn't get a yellow in the Orlando game so he is good. He very easily could have though. I was crossing my fingers on that one. Cheyrou is still injured anyway I think.

GlenM
08-25-2016, 02:08 PM
Well, Ticketmaster shows a grand total of one seat available (in 210) and that includes the general admission seats. Usually the hold back inventory gets released for walk ups but clearly there is going to be a full house.

I wonder if the FO is expecting some returned group tickets and that's why they haven't announced a sold out game yet.

R U coming man?

GlenM

mistercorporate
08-25-2016, 02:36 PM
Thanks guys, good to know we'll have our best lineup available on Saturday, with Cooper on the bench! This game is going to taste like a playoff game! Time to fork the poutine!! I'll eat an Ontario butter tart as a sacrifice to the soccer gods!

currystain37
08-25-2016, 04:13 PM
I am really excited for this game. It will be my first game in the southend and I can't wait to sing for the boys! :scarf:

Thomas
08-25-2016, 06:33 PM
I can't wait for this match. I'm sure it will be an incredible atmosphere. Come on you Reds!

Detroit_TFC
08-25-2016, 06:53 PM
R U coming man?

GlenM

Yes, coming in for this game.

mowe
08-25-2016, 09:23 PM
Unfortunately I am going to miss this game. Does anyone know if there will be a recording available online? I don't have MLS Live or a PVR.

jason
08-25-2016, 11:28 PM
OK guys, need some help with this one. Here's the situation: I took Saturday off work specifically to watch this match. I hate Montreal but that is another story. It turns out that my wife has some stupid birthday dinner for her mother at 6pm(CDT). The old lady turns 90 or something. I want to get out of the dinner to watch the game. Any suggestions?

greatwhitenorf
08-26-2016, 12:33 AM
Very proud to be part of this crowd. Going with a group of friends. We have access to a boat harbored at Alexandra Yacht Club. Tasty canapes, smart cocktails or Sangria, a few spliffs of black hash and a lovely afternoon stroll over to and about the CNE grounds before arriving early for all the fun.

The Zipper is an annual MUST RIDE! Best fairground ride ever invented.

hulkrogan
08-26-2016, 01:37 AM
I arrived in your fine city tonight and drank all the beer at Roger's centre. I got rid of my usual Toronto sports team bad luck on the Jay's tonight, and nothing but greener pastures for the rest of the weekend. I can't believe how incredibly pumped I am for Saturday. The weather looks amazing, and the drive past the stadium from the airport got me beyond excited.

I know this is likely not very useful information, but you will all deal with my public outburst of excitement :scarf::flare::drinking::drinking:g:D

jimiv
08-26-2016, 05:20 AM
OK guys, need some help with this one. Here's the situation: I took Saturday off work specifically to watch this match. I hate Montreal but that is another story. It turns out that my wife has some stupid birthday dinner for her mother at 6pm(CDT). The old lady turns 90 or something. I want to get out of the dinner to watch the game. Any suggestions?

I wouldn't condone skipping a b-day party for a mother in law BUT if you were sick with a cold or flu it would be dangerous to take the chance of spreading it to a 90 year old and her elderly friends...

OgtheDim
08-26-2016, 06:12 AM

This is the wife who sat through that Houston rain delay with you?

Dude....you owe her one. Any wife that would sit through that with you is a keeper, no matter how much your mother-in-law interferes with your fandom.

Go.

Wear a TFC shirt, have MLS Live on your phone available.

or

Stay off the interwebs, tell the family to not let you know, and watch the game on MLS Live after (make sure you have scores off)

mistercorporate
08-26-2016, 07:20 AM

Lock yourself in a room in your mother in laws house with a laptop. Connect to her wifi and stream the game on mls live using an ip masker.

GlenM
08-26-2016, 07:20 AM
Yes, coming in for this game.

Awesome

GlenM

mistercorporate
08-26-2016, 07:21 AM
Alternatively, avoid looking online for the score and stream it when you get home and pretend you're watching it live!

Joe Kool
08-26-2016, 08:05 AM
Man they really have a big campaign to ask people to be in their seats early on Saturday. I have seen a few videos now with Will Johnson and Jozy Altidore asking people to show up early. Bill Manning was on the broadcast on Wednesday basically there to tell people to show up early. The broadcast guys mentioned it several times during the game. They have had something on the TFC website about it for at least a few days now with the same message. Most of it about the anthem being sung by supporters. Maybe they should have given away some t-shirts again or something. Free stuff brings people out early.

Joe Kool
08-26-2016, 08:06 AM
Alternatively, avoid looking online for the score and stream it when you get home and pretend you're watching it live!

When I need to I use my PVR for that and I have trained everyone I know that they dare not tell me the score until they have found out if I watched it or not yet. Away games mostly. Home games I am usually at the stadium.

Pint
08-26-2016, 08:07 AM
It's not really about the anthem, although it is a pretty cool thing.

shwade
08-26-2016, 10:19 AM
Very proud to be part of this crowd. Going with a group of friends. We have access to a boat harbored at Alexandra Yacht Club. Tasty canapes, smart cocktails or Sangria, a few spliffs of black hash and a lovely afternoon stroll over to and about the CNE grounds before arriving early for all the fun.

The Zipper is an annual MUST RIDE! Best fairground ride ever invented.

Haha sick plan!

DinamoTFC
08-26-2016, 11:08 AM
Man they really have a big campaign to ask people to be in their seats early on Saturday. I have seen a few videos now with Will Johnson and Jozy Altidore asking people to show up early. Bill Manning was on the broadcast on Wednesday basically there to tell people to show up early. The broadcast guys mentioned it several times during the game. They have had something on the TFC website about it for at least a few days now with the same message. Most of it about the anthem being sung by supporters. Maybe they should have given away some t-shirts again or something. Free stuff brings people out early.

With the cne in the background and the mass amount of visitors to the ex I think tfc want the biggest and best show for its fans and thr public.

Imagine being at the cne and hearing thr national anthem sung by 30 000, the massive banner, fireworks, visual appeal and chanting - they're gonna be jealous and want to know what's up.

DinamoTFC
08-26-2016, 11:11 AM
Also I'm sure there's gonna be a few extra reporters at the game knowing tfc are in first.

OgtheDim
08-26-2016, 11:18 AM
https://twitter.com/lauraarmy/status/769205407424196608

Initial B
08-26-2016, 11:40 AM
Someone should convince Laura to post here. I'm sure she and Kurt would be entertaining with differences of opinion. :)

hulkrogan
08-26-2016, 11:40 AM
Man Morgan has had a rough go after some good early showings this year. Chapman's injury is well timed at least in order to get a look at cooper.

mistercorporate
08-26-2016, 11:53 AM
Probably gonna be an epic TIFO with the new rigging and special programming at the beginning, everyone arrive early!

jimiv
08-26-2016, 01:11 PM
Does anybody know if the gates are opening earlier tomorrow, all the push to get there would suck if people are still stuck in line to get into BMO.

Redcoe15
08-26-2016, 02:36 PM
Can't wait for tomorrow. Our team is in first in their division with a real shot at the Shield, and they're playing the sputtering L'impact at home in front of a stoked crowd with the CNE going on in the background and the match shown nationally on TSN. It's gonna be so epic! I've stocked up on booze for this. :drinking:g:D
:scarf:

GlenM
08-26-2016, 02:48 PM
Can't wait for tomorrow. Our team is in first in their division with a real shot at the Shield, and they're playing the sputtering L'impact at home in front of a stoked crowd with the CNE going on in the background and the match shown nationally on TSN. It's gonna be so epic! I've stocked up on booze for this. :drinking:g:D
:scarf:

I've stocked up on booze for this. :drinking:g:D

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!

GlenM

Auzzy
08-26-2016, 03:23 PM
Someone should convince Laura to post here. I'm sure she and Kurt would be entertaining with differences of opinion. :)

Just don't get them talking about Arsenal though... :D

OgtheDim
08-26-2016, 04:05 PM
As Vanney says here

http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2016/08/25/toronto-fc-just-getting-started?autoplay=true

"We keep ****ing going"

DinamoTFC
08-26-2016, 04:29 PM
As Vanney says here

http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2016/08/25/toronto-fc-just-getting-started?autoplay=true

"We keep ****ing going"

I loved all the ****ing f-bombs in that video. Vanney just got me even more pumped for Saturday.

BuSaPuNk
08-26-2016, 05:01 PM
I loved all the ****ing f-bombs in that video. Vanney just got me even more pumped for Saturday.

Yep that was great.
I seriously don't know how to feel yet. This run is just crazy.

flatpicker
08-26-2016, 05:05 PM

I dunno. I'm really put off by all that language.
I'm not renewing my tickets next year.

OgtheDim
08-26-2016, 05:45 PM
FWIW

http://toronto-mp7static.mlsdigital.net/elfinderimages/2016-StartingXI-082716.png

I would surprised if Hagglund starts.

Ivy
08-26-2016, 05:52 PM
I'm expecting the 3-5-2

Zavaleta - moor - Hagglund
Beita - johnson - Bradley - Oso - Morrow
Seba - Jozy

mistercorporate
08-26-2016, 06:07 PM
Is Drogba playing this game? He's got a lot of yellow cards.

Joe Kool
08-26-2016, 11:30 PM
Montreal coach says he hopes refs have respect for Montreal this game because they have players that need to be protected. Does he mean every time Drogba throws a fit that the ref should make calls their way? If I recall the last couple of games Ciman was trying to take out Giovinvo every chance he got with dirty plays. I hope the ref watches that crap and doesn't fall for Drogba's drama.

Red CB Toronto
08-27-2016, 12:27 AM
It all comes down to if Stevie B can go?

FWIW

http://toronto-mp7static.mlsdigital.net/elfinderimages/2016-StartingXI-082716.png

I would surprised if Hagglund starts.

the beat
08-27-2016, 02:28 AM
Yep that was great.
I seriously don't know how to feel yet. This run is just crazy.

Up the Green Brigade! I remember your username from TC. Hail hail.

OgtheDim
08-27-2016, 06:42 AM
Game Day :scarf:

SarniaTFC
08-27-2016, 07:16 AM
IT IS FINALLY HERE!! So pumped to get there and amongst all this hyped up atmosphere!! Leaving Sarnia in the next half an hour to arrive in Toronto around noon!! COYR!!

MightyDM
08-27-2016, 07:47 AM
FWIW

I would surprised if Hagglund starts. he did a great job against Drogba in the cup game. Body on body. I am guessing Zavaleta, but Hagglund could do the job.

MightyDM
08-27-2016, 07:48 AM
IT IS FINALLY HERE!! So pumped to get there and amongst all this hyped up atmosphere!! Leaving Sarnia in the next half an hour to arrive in Toronto around noon!! COYR!!

Fantastic!

anto7
08-27-2016, 08:52 AM
So pumped for this game. I did a 9 mile run this morning so I'm nice and warmed up now. Leaving Belleville in about 1 hour.
With all the hype around us right now it would be awesome if we could put on a show today and get a resounding victory.

mistercorporate
08-27-2016, 09:06 AM
http://www.wakingthered.com/2016/8/26/12666630/toronto-fc-to-honour-toronto-metros-croatia-on-the-40th-anniversary-of-soccer-bowl-championship-tfc

Red CB Toronto
08-27-2016, 09:36 AM
Game Day :scarf:

Just another day at the office, needs to be treated like any other. Keep focus, do your job and good things will happen.

BuSaPuNk
08-27-2016, 10:21 AM
Up the Green Brigade! I remember your username from TC. Hail hail.

Hail Hail

Nice to see fellow Bhoys around

C.Ronaldo
08-27-2016, 10:24 AM
Not enough ppl know Eusebio played in Toronto.

Not enough ppl even know how damn good Eusebio was.

Oldtimer
08-27-2016, 10:47 AM
Key to this game will be TFC getting the first goal. If that happens, it's a likely Toronto win.

If Montreal scores first there could be an upset, a tie or even a loss.

flatpicker
08-27-2016, 11:58 AM
Key to this game will be TFC getting the first goal. If that happens, it's a likely Toronto win.

If Montreal scores first there could be an upset, a tie or even a loss.

Key to this game... score more goals than Montreal.

DinamoTFC
08-27-2016, 12:00 PM
Not enough ppl know Eusebio played in Toronto.

Not enough ppl even know how damn good Eusebio was.

This is true. But a lot of pork chops even the young ones knew who he was and who metros-croatia were. Great piece of t.o history. Hopefully tfc can replicate this year.

greatwhitenorf
08-27-2016, 12:31 PM
When will 'Budgie' Byrne get his due acknowledgement?

Bobo
08-27-2016, 02:28 PM
As Vanney says here

"We keep ****ing going"

Tifo?

I hate the CNE circus but haven't been more stoked for a game this season.

OgtheDim
08-27-2016, 02:34 PM
I have overindulged in craft beer and 99¢spaghetti.

Somebody wake me up for anthem.

Steve
08-27-2016, 02:46 PM
So... are we not allowed to mention the fact that if we win this game, we go top of the combined standings (even if very temporarily?)

OgtheDim
08-27-2016, 02:53 PM
There's about 6 teams waking up to the opportunity to grasp the shield. It's a great goal to have.

But first things first.

Steve
08-27-2016, 03:24 PM
There's about 6 teams waking up to the opportunity to grasp the shield. It's a great goal to have.

But first things first.

What do you mean? Colorado and RSL both played last night, putting both at 43 points, but meaning they can't take the lead in the SS race this week. The only other team within striking range of SS is TFC.

So basically, after this week, there are only 2 possible SS leaders. TFC and FCD. Of course, for us to be in first, FCD can't win (and if they tie, we're tied for the top, with I think us breaking the tiebreaker on GD? Not sure) and TFC have to win.

notthesun
08-27-2016, 04:02 PM
4 tickets left for this match direct through Ticketmaster, 36 on Stubhub with the cheapest just over $100. It's gonna be jam packed. Can't wait.

mowe
08-27-2016, 04:55 PM
Feels like this game is getting too hyped up. Really hope we don't shit the bed.

notthesun
08-27-2016, 05:15 PM
https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/769645493068496896

notthesun
08-27-2016, 05:41 PM
https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/769664081594753026

https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/769664768877613057

https://twitter.com/impactmontreal/status/769663862966775808

No Donadel for Montreal, hamstring. Cooper could come off the bench for us. Chapman out.

Defoe
08-27-2016, 05:41 PM
This game is hype i'm tuning in from India. I'm on a business/tourist trip here and it's Sunday 4 am.

Defoe
08-27-2016, 05:43 PM
https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/769664081594753026

https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/769664768877613057

https://twitter.com/impactmontreal/status/769663862966775808

No Donadel for Montreal, hamstring. Cooper could come off the bench for us. Chapman out.

Wow, Montreal really lacks someone in the middle that can connect with Piatti and Drogba up top. Bekker is terrible, but to be fair I haven't seen his recent from in Montreal

mistercorporate
08-27-2016, 05:46 PM
Bekker's their midfield connector?? Christmas came early!! Have a blessed Hannukah everybody! Happy Diwali and Kwanza! Eid al futr! Yeehawwww..

Richard
08-27-2016, 05:55 PM
Bekker's their midfield connector?? Christmas came early!! Have a blessed Hannukah everybody! Happy Diwali and Kwanza! Eid al futr! Yeehawwww..

Cant wait to see him get eaten alive by Bradley and Johnson.

mistercorporate
08-27-2016, 05:57 PM
I predict TFC wins 3-1 with Bekker doing a bicycle kick own-goal.

ronzilla
08-27-2016, 05:58 PM
I wouldn't write them off so easily. Piatti could be a menace, and oduro has pace. Drogba is drogba.

Lets see what they bring.

Defoe
08-27-2016, 06:42 PM
I hope Armando makes an appearance tonight

Sopo
08-27-2016, 06:47 PM
Tifo from the TSN feed

http://i68.tinypic.com/140yt7a.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/swwlxf.jpg

denime
08-27-2016, 06:49 PM
+1, right nowmits 1:42 am ,I'm drunk and trying to find game stream.

mistercorporate
08-27-2016, 06:53 PM
Bekker...elite level striker right there, we're so lucky to see him play in our league. He'll be off to Barcelona in no time.

Ultra & Proud
08-27-2016, 06:55 PM
I'm trying to find a stream in Vegas but it's not happening. I got until 5:30 and Boris comes on so let's get some action going so I can go to the gig happy.

Pookie
08-27-2016, 06:57 PM
Supporters Shield discussion makes me sigh.

With the playoffs, the Shield is only slightly more important than the Trillium Cup.

I imagine that the TV excitement for an actual Table Champion would be significantly more energetic than what it is now.

- nice save on Drogba

Ultra & Proud
08-27-2016, 07:04 PM
Supporters Shield discussion makes me sigh.

With the playoffs, the Shield is only slightly more important than the Trillium Cup

That Shield is the second best trophy we have a shot at winning after the Champions League.

Richard
08-27-2016, 07:17 PM
Amazing buildup from the back.

Heart of Stone
08-27-2016, 07:17 PM
Drogba could make millions upon millions in the Chinese league.

Heart of Stone
08-27-2016, 07:26 PM
Altidore could have done more with that chance.

ag futbol
08-27-2016, 07:29 PM
I think that's kind of over kill on the red card. Yellow card sure, but otherwise it's hand bags type stuff.

Richard
08-27-2016, 07:30 PM
Probably the worst game to put on national television.

notthesun
08-27-2016, 07:31 PM
Who's the clown on colour commentary? Mallace didn't "just get in the way", he body checked him on purpose.

mistercorporate
08-27-2016, 07:32 PM
Great, this is gonna be another park the bus defence game...

ronzilla
08-27-2016, 07:33 PM
The officiating in this league is just fuckin horrendous. That was no red and lucky it didn't go against us.

Ultra & Proud
08-27-2016, 07:33 PM
Who's the clown on colour commentary? Mallace didn't "just get in the way", he body checked him on purpose.
I am just following on here because it's the best I got but I will bet it's Rauter.

Heart of Stone
08-27-2016, 07:34 PM
"It's an embarrassment. It's a disgrace." - Mauro Biello on red card

James17930

Meh, more like he just chose not to get out of the way. Wasn't much in it, really. We're getting most of the friendly calls from the ref tonight.

Heart of Stone
I am just following on here because it's the best I got but I will bet it's Rauter.

Think it's Greg Sutton.

ordrummerboi
08-27-2016, 07:35 PM
I think that's kind of over kill on the red card. Yellow card sure, but otherwise it's hand bags type stuff.
This is suppose to be a derby match and he gives a red for a touchy foul. Referee should know there will be dirty fouls. Thats not red

Ajax TFC
08-27-2016, 07:36 PM
Must have been the assistant that called it as red card worthy? Ref was looking in completely the opposite direction at the time

nonc
08-27-2016, 07:36 PM
The officiating in this league is just fuckin horrendous. That was no red and lucky it didn't go against us.

Jorge had the death eyes for Mallace after he showed him up in the opening minutes with his bitching :o

ronzilla
08-27-2016, 07:39 PM
Jorge had the death eyes for Mallace after he showed him up in the opening minutes with his bitching :o

Haha thats right. I seen that earlier.

Heart of Stone
08-27-2016, 07:40 PM
But because he knew he screwed up giving the red, Jorge then pulls out a yellow and gives it to Delgado... I remember when a ref did that in high school.

James17930
08-27-2016, 07:41 PM

Ah, good point. Wonder how much that played into it. Little payback, perhaps?

ag futbol
08-27-2016, 07:49 PM
Must have been the assistant that called it as red card worthy? Ref was looking in completely the opposite direction at the time
And hence the problem. That assistant is nothing but a guy earning minima money in over his head.

James17930
08-27-2016, 07:55 PM
Bradley's passing has been bad all night.

Heart of Stone
08-27-2016, 07:58 PM
Mancosu in for Drogba.

Redcoe15
08-27-2016, 07:58 PM
Bye Bye Dee Dee. g:D

Heart of Stone
08-27-2016, 08:02 PM
Bradley's passing has been bad all night.

Agreed.

ag futbol
08-27-2016, 08:08 PM
Endoh? Good grief, I do not want to see more predictable crosses from that guy.

Why not try out cooper?

Heart of Stone
08-27-2016, 08:09 PM
401 Derby is a street fight. Bodies flying everywhere.

James17930
08-27-2016, 08:09 PM
Fuck.

bones
08-27-2016, 08:15 PM
That looks like a groin issue on Gio

ag futbol
08-27-2016, 08:17 PM
*sigh*

Yet again we shit the bed playing up a man.

notthesun
oh for fucks sake guys

James17930
Why can't we play against 10 men?

ag futbol
08-27-2016, 08:19 PM
Is cooper not fit? Can't say I understand these subs.

kwhisperer
08-27-2016, 08:19 PM

Maybe we should decline the other team's red cards.

notthesun
08-27-2016, 08:20 PM
I know that was a tough chance but Osorio's finishing is basically non-existant

mistercorporate
08-27-2016, 08:20 PM

We don't score from crosses.

Heart of Stone
08-27-2016, 08:21 PM
Nice goal... 1-0 Montreal, 74 min.

After Bush was given a yellow for time-wasting we fell asleep. But good ball from Oduro followed by a great individual effort.

James17930
08-27-2016, 08:22 PM
Maybe we should decline the other team's red cards.

CFL Rules!

We don't score from crosses.

From set pieces we have, but yeah, can't seem to get anything from open play.

sn0re
08-27-2016, 08:27 PM
Cooper would have been a better sub than Rikketts..

Heart of Stone
08-27-2016, 08:27 PM
So I guess you couldn't call our play "clinical" tonight.

James17930
08-27-2016, 08:28 PM
So I guess you couldn't call our play "clinical" tonight.

Clinically inefficient, maybe.

ag futbol
08-27-2016, 08:34 PM
How does this idiot come up with 5 minutes only given all those delays?

ag futbol
08-27-2016, 08:39 PM
For fuck sakes. It happened again.

What was with that Ricketts sub? He did precious nothing out there.

General Woolfe
08-27-2016, 08:39 PM
This team really breaks your heart. Just when for the first time in nine years I had dared start to believe that this year we might do something meaningful, they put in a performance like that. I have a horrible sickening feeling in my gut I just watched what has been a wonderful promising season go down the toilet tonight. IT is even more heart wrenching it came against Montreal.

I hope I'm overreacting, that Seba is not badly injured, and tonight was just 'one of those nights', but it will be a restless weekend until I know Giovinco's status, and it will be a while before I allow myself to start to believe again...

ronzilla
08-27-2016, 08:40 PM
Fuck you vanneyy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

James17930
08-27-2016, 08:40 PM
Gotta say, Camara was a beast. Completely neutralized Altidore all game.

Heart of Stone
08-27-2016, 08:41 PM
Huge road win for Montreal. Playing more than half the game with 10. Their back four was strong.

Even when Seba was on the pitch we seemed to flounder. Streak over.

Hopefully the authorities keep the away support in the stands for 30 min. followed by an escort to bus.

notthesun
08-27-2016, 08:45 PM
This isn't a disaster as to our chances this season at all... but what a fucking stinker. We lost all creativity when Giovinco went off, didn't create one clear cut chance worth mentioning. The goal we allowed was fucking idiotic, why are we defending two guys 1-on-1 on a goal kick when they're the only two Montreal players forward and we have a man advantage? Fucking crowd them and snuff it out. This should've been a disappointing 0-0 game, instead they fucking beat us in Toronto for the first time ever.

I don't know why the fuck Endoh saw the pitch today, he just doesn't have the quality to be a difference maker. All it did was make us play even more balls out wide and desperate crosses. Just a dumb substitution from Vanney. Pidgeonholed us into playing cross after cross, when we're not even a team that scores off crosses. He should have put Cooper into the middle so that there was someone else to combine with. Altidore barely touched the ball after Giovinco went off, that's a waste of his talent, which is combining with other central players.

Such a frustrating game. It's not much of a big deal long-term I don't think, but boy am I pissed right now. We completely fucked this up.

CBTFC
08-27-2016, 08:46 PM
Amazingly so far this season, we play worse when we're up a man.

Figure that one out.

General Woolfe
08-27-2016, 08:49 PM
I know that was a tough chance but Osorio's finishing is basically non-existant

Osorio's biggest problem is that he is not as good as he thinks he is. He constantly runs into problems because he cannot dribble. If he was more aware of his limitations he would play the simple pass and allow the team to retain possession. As for his shooting, you are correct, it is poor, but he wasn't the only one tonight who's shooting was woeful. IT was summed up by Bradley's effort eight minutes from time when he almost hit the corner flag

ag futbol
08-27-2016, 08:50 PM

Figure that one out.
We're missing attacking quality in the midfield. We have work horses and defensive stalwarts. Guys who can actually unlock a defence? Not so much.

sn0re
08-27-2016, 08:54 PM
Do you guys think the situation would be different if Irwin was in net?

ensco
08-27-2016, 08:55 PM
We have a lopsided roster construction and are over dependent on the DPs, and one or two others

Hamilton_Red
08-27-2016, 08:56 PM
Terrible refereeing killed us tonight. Giving them an unfair advantage by sending a man off for at most a yellow card offence. I'm surprised anyone even starts 11 men against us. We have no clue how to use the advantage. That's 8 points dropped this season when presented by a man or two advantage. Oh - and Michael Bradley - he's is not a DP level player or a captain. Brutal performance by him.

notthesun
08-27-2016, 08:59 PM
Endoh also didn't track Piatti on the goal, just stood ball-watching the goal kick... probably Vanney's worst substitution of the season.

CBTFC
08-27-2016, 09:02 PM
Do you guys think the situation would be different if Irwin was in net?

That aspect had no influence in today's match.

Jack
08-27-2016, 09:06 PM
We were due after a six game run. That said, it sucks big time. Losing to Montreal like this in an uninspired performance is gutting. Fuck.

Heart of Stone
08-27-2016, 09:07 PM
...and Michael Bradley - he's is not a DP level player or a captain. Brutal performance by him.

Might be a little harsh. But after watching tonight's game, I tend to agree, he just wasn't that impressive. Seems slow and lumbering. Poor through balls.

Our only hope is that Seba's groin issue is nothing major. Without him we're quite middling.

ronzilla
08-27-2016, 09:09 PM
Endoh also didn't track Piatti on the goal, just stood ball-watching the goal kick... probably Vanney's worst substitution of the season.

Endoh shouldn't have even seen the pitch at all. The first sub should have been Ricketts. Vanney is clueless.

Heart of Stone
08-27-2016, 09:09 PM
... Losing to Montreal like this in an uninspired performance is gutting.

Agreed. I hope they confront brutal traffic driving home on 401 East! Come on Ajax bottleneck!!

ag futbol
08-27-2016, 09:10 PM
We were due after a six game run. That said, it sucks big time. Losing to Montreal like this in an uninspired performance is gutting. Fuck.
I feel like we'll finish the season with a good enough record for a home playoff date. But in a hotly competitive match? I'm wondering what we'll bring to the table.

I think Bradley should be motivated after this one. He didn't look all that great out there for someone who should be leading the charge.

Pookie
08-27-2016, 09:14 PM
That Shield is the second best trophy we have a shot at winning after the Champions League.

And this participation ribbon matters because....?

OgtheDim
08-27-2016, 09:14 PM
I haven't felt this bad after a home game since Vancouver.

flatpicker
08-27-2016, 09:30 PM

Figure that one out.

The moment that red card was issued to Montreal my heart sank.
I couldn't help but feel Toronto would blow it.
I never want to see TFC go up a man ever again!

69Chevy396
08-27-2016, 09:49 PM
Win some. Lose some. Ultimately, the only significant issue remains the injury to Seba. If he is out for 4-6 weeks, TFC will struggle to make the plaoffs.

Canuck82
08-27-2016, 09:55 PM
To take one from the pointyball game - is there any way we can decline the penalty (or card in this case). This one was more painful than San Jose!

Oldtimer
08-27-2016, 10:02 PM
Before the 60th minute I was almost certain this was a trap game.

Auzzy
08-27-2016, 10:05 PM
Terrible refereeing killed us tonight. Giving them an unfair advantage by sending a man off for at most a yellow card offence. I'm surprised anyone even starts 11 men against us. We have no clue how to use the advantage. That's 8 points dropped this season when presented by a man or two advantage. Oh - and Michael Bradley - he's is not a DP level player or a captain. Brutal performance by him.

Delgado should have punched someone quick as soon as he saw the ref pull the red on Mallace. A counteracting red was our only hope. :-/

MightyDM
08-27-2016, 10:14 PM
Feels like this game is getting too hyped up. Really hope we don't shit the bed.

this was at 5:55......

MightyDM
08-27-2016, 10:17 PM
Great, this is gonna be another park the bus defence game...

MightyDM
08-27-2016, 10:20 PM
Gotta say, Camara was a beast. Completely neutralized Altidore all game.

also should have seen Red for that elbow early on. It's not in the condensed match but it'll be in the full one. Looked deliberate and nasty from where I sit.

stevep
08-27-2016, 10:49 PM
one thing we learned is when we are up a man is always put cheryou in
he was good with one man up

DinamoTFC
08-27-2016, 11:03 PM
Disappointing. This game had everything going for it. Motivated team, fans in full force, curious public eyes and lots of media attention and at home to a crowd thst really brought it today. And we shit the bed to our bitter rivals with a man advantage. Done in such beautiful Tfc fashion.

However I don't think this one's on Vanney. He's done well with the kids and injuries and first coach to bring us a winning record and 1st place. Maybe u can nit pick a bit but
I think today was on the players.

I think Bradley might need to be benched for Cheyrou or played on the outside of the diamond. Cheyrou playing in Bradley's position is much more effective.

We're still in first for now which is great and we still have a lot of home games left. I wanna stay optimistic because we're still having a good season.

Also shout out to the supporters. You made us all proud. The march, the tifo, the south end rocking, everything was great. Proud of our effort.

Red CB Toronto
08-27-2016, 11:25 PM
Disappointing. This game had everything going for it. Motivated team, fans in full force, curious public eyes and lots of media attention and at home to a crowd thst really brought it today. And we shit the bed to our bitter rivals with a man advantage. Done in such beautiful Tfc fashion.

However I don't think this one's on Vanney. He's done well with the kids and injuries and first coach to bring us a winning record and 1st place. Maybe u can nit pick a bit but

I think Bradley might need to be benched for Cheyrou or played on the outside of the diamond. Cheyrou playing in Bradley's position is much more effective.

We're still in first for now which is great and we still have a lot of home games left. I wanna stay optimistic because we're still having a good season.

Also shout out to the supporters. You made us all proud. The march, the tifo, the south end rocking, everything was great. Proud of our effort.

This team really does not know for some reason how to play a man up, it seems to really throw them off their game. They would play the ball wide and then just swing it in, almost lob light with really no strategy. They just do not adapt well to this scenario which they have been in a few times this year.

Prof
08-27-2016, 11:30 PM

I don't think Bradley should be benched but I do agree Cheyrou should be at the bottom of the diamond. Bradley on top with Johnson and Delgado on the sides. It's time for Osario to come off the bench. The problem with Bradley at the bottom is that every possession goes through him and this slows the game down. It is especially evident when we play against 10 men. Every time Montreal countered and we got the ball back, instead of moving it quickly into their end we gave it to Bradley which gave Montreal time to get all 9 guys behind the ball. This lack of being able to break down park the bus teams worries me for the playoffs. Vanney needs to practice 11 v 10 scrimmages to get his team better prepared more for this.

molenshtain
08-27-2016, 11:31 PM
All I can say is that tonight was deeply disappointing. Nothing new really to dissect. We're not good with a man up because we don't have an AM when Chapman is out and our fullbacks can't cross. Those two things are integral to a succesfull diamond midfield and attack, especially when needing to break down a team parking the bus.

The ref was awful. The string of missed calls in the middle of the second half was the most impressive set of consecutive missed calls I think I've ever seen live. It allowed the Impact to not even once get booked when they attempted and succeeded in kicking Giovinco out of the game. Only call he got right was sending Mallace off and that's only because the assistant made the call for him. A truly despicable performance. I can't wait until MLS decides to spend more on Refs. It'll be bigger for the league than LA signing Beckham.

Osorio's movement off the ball is truly fucking terrible. You absolutely cannot play him at the tip of the diamond. He was uniquely terrible tonight.

Crowd was great. Tifo was amazing. Props to all those who worked so hard to put it together.

On to the next one. we pull of 5 wins from the next 7, which is totally possible given our schedule, and we're still in with a shot at the SS.

molenshtain
08-27-2016, 11:32 PM

COYR

I mean, fuck me, man. I fucking hate my life.

Whitbyreds
08-27-2016, 11:59 PM
I flew in from Regina for this one!! Only get to make it to three of four home games per season. Haven't given up my seasons yet as I will eventually return home. This one really hurt though as I've been so excited for the past month.

ag futbol
08-27-2016, 11:59 PM
I'd like to hear why cooper wasn't inserted into the game. Maybe that was too much pressure for a debut or he's not match fit but on the surface putting on a guy with some creativity and technical skill makes a lot more sense than a couple of guys who rely on their pace but have no room to run into.

Whitbyreds
08-28-2016, 12:02 AM
As I have been away for majority of the season I wasn't aware that the tribal nation was replaced with another drum crew. Who are these guys? I'm at the top of 117 and couldn't hear anything but drums all game.

Auzzy
08-28-2016, 12:03 AM

However I don't think this one's on Vanney. He's done well with the kids and injuries and first coach to bring us a winning record and 1st place. Maybe u can nit pick a bit but I think today was on the players.

<snip>

It's the players. And the coach. When you have repeated, persistent issues (e.g., against bunkering and/or man-down teams), it's both (at least). We've seen this before.

BTW we were bad after the red card. And we were bad after Giovinco went off. But we weren't great before either. There were some chances, but it already looked like a night were Gio might get shut down.

Yes the ref was very bad. I hope I can find some of the iffy decisions in the highlights, or on MLS Live (but searching through the game for those spots is a pain). If somebody can post the times for some of the shockers, that would be much appreciated.

I also felt he gave some head-scratching decisions in our favour, but hard to say during the game w/o replay. And the key decisions (e.g., PKs and some other major fouls) went against us, AFAIK.

PS And with TFC, I ALWAYS get worried when there's lots of hype.

Alonso
08-28-2016, 12:09 AM

Dammit man! why would you do something like this?!?

boozilla
08-28-2016, 01:14 AM
As I have been away for majority of the season I wasn't aware that the tribal nation was replaced with another drum crew. Who are these guys? I'm at the top of 117 and couldn't hear anything but drums all game.
It's was relentless noise, without soul and completely unrelated and distracting from the game.
TRN were having fun, these 'honkeys' are just getting paid.

hulkrogan
08-28-2016, 01:24 AM

I think I should do everyone a favour and stop going to games.

Hamilton_Red
08-28-2016, 01:25 AM
Sympathy Molenshtain. They never seem to be able to deliver when the fans get up for it. They always find a way to disappoint. But you'll still take them with you to Montréal and you are stuck with this team for all their faults. The good thing about this season is they actually seem able to bounce back from these depressing losses.

Delgado should have punched someone quick as soon as he saw the ref pull the red on Mallace. A counteracting red was our only hope. :-/

I mean, fuck me, man. I fucking hate my life.

Hamilton_Red
08-28-2016, 01:27 AM
Banned.

Alonso
08-28-2016, 05:22 AM

No offense, but yes please and thank you.g:D

CBTFC
08-28-2016, 06:51 AM
So the key to beating TFC this season is getting a red card or two and scoring a quick goal against the run of play, lol.

OgtheDim
08-28-2016, 07:01 AM
I left that game depressed mostly because some idiot a few rows behind me (with a SSH scarf on) complained about the slow clap and then proceeded to be happy that Giovinco was injured thinking he was faking.

Some people should just not be allowed beer. :taz:

I suspect the general feeling after last night was the same Montreal felt after we beat them handily in their house back in May. The press are all using the "house of horrors" thing this morning...fair enough.
We have a known issue at AM - Cooper may not be match fit yet but he should be inserted soon I think. Regardless, that is our hole in the lineup right now (Chapman didn't make much of a difference when 1 up against Houston so I don't think he's the answer yet).

BTW, the Endoh sub made sense from my seat, probably more then on TV> Endoh at least knows how to cut the ball back and still into the box - he was the right sub for Beithashour who cut back to Delgado or passed into a sea of blue. I like Beitashour but he and Morrow are not great at crossing in and other teams know this...which is why we need an AM.

And, Moor pretty much stopped Drogba - kudos to him.

Still Kicking
08-28-2016, 07:25 AM
I too wanted to see Cooper last night. I also think that with a man advantage Bradley needs to be moved way up field. (Dreaming that Cooper will draw him up?). Watching Bradley, Johnson and then Cheyrou trying to run the show from holding midfielder positions lead to a lot of switching the ball back and forth for little reason. It also meant that penetration was too often down the wing (which leads to our lack of incisive crossing problem). Or is our too predictable attack problem? Or is it our too many midfielders won't shoot, won't score problem? OgtheDim says he left the game depressed. Put me in that category too...

ensco
08-28-2016, 08:34 AM
I am ready for Irwin to return. Piatti didn't exactly pick the corner there on Bono.

OgtheDim
08-28-2016, 08:47 AM
I am ready for Irwin to return. Piatti didn't exactly pick the corner there on Bono.

Yeah, looked at it again and although Piatti took it down well, Irwin would have been out a bit earlier and had that angle.

Endoh on that play was soooooo Rookie.

Auzzy
08-28-2016, 08:52 AM
Here's the one penalty shout (actually two in one). In the stadium, w/o replay and from far away, I thought PK for sure. Now I'm not sure. First one is a risky tackle, but looks like all ball first. 2nd one is shoulder vs. shoulder.

https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/769702722631266304

ManUtd4ever
08-28-2016, 09:22 AM
Disappointed with our offensive sequences once Seba left the game. We just kept lobbing in long balls as opposed to incisive passes through the middle.

Areathrasher
08-28-2016, 09:36 AM
Cheyrou is so much better than Bradley for playmaking. It's ridiculous. So disappointing.

Super
08-28-2016, 10:56 AM
I'll never understand why we use Bradley essentially as a CB. We had no defensive issues when Bradley was gone, so why is he playing as though we need him in defense? We need him to be more of a playmaker, center to attack.

Richard
08-28-2016, 11:06 AM
I'll never understand why we use Bradley essentially as a CB. We had no defensive issues when Bradley was gone, so why is he playing as though we need him in defense? We need him to be more of a playmaker, center to attack.

His playmaking isn't that good.

I don't know, he is a jack of all trades in a team that doesn't need one and in a league where your better off getting a specialist.

Onyx
08-28-2016, 11:17 AM
His playmaking isn't that good.

I don't know, he is a jack of all trades in a team that doesn't need one and in a league where your better off getting a specialist.

THIS!

Hamilton_Red
08-28-2016, 11:17 AM
Chapman has been better than Bradley. In one sequence Johnson had the ball and was moving through the centre of midfield and Bradley stood like a pilon getting in the way. After Johnson passed the ball - Bradley was giving him shit for being out of position. The number of times he passed the ball sharply out for a goal kick was tiresome.

MightyDM
08-28-2016, 11:26 AM
Here's the one penalty shout (actually two in one). In the stadium, w/o replay and from far away, I thought PK for sure. Now I'm not sure. First one is a risky tackle, but looks like all ball first. 2nd one is shoulder vs. shoulder.

https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/769702722631266304

The second looks like shoulder to chest to me. And that's a foul.

reggie
08-28-2016, 11:34 AM
why would Vanney risk Seba in the second half when he had a tweak in the first half.all the travel all the games the birth of his child,he should of sat him.

OgtheDim
08-28-2016, 11:37 AM
why would Vanney risk Seba in the second half when he had a tweak in the first half.all the travel all the games the birth of his child,he should of sat him.

Seba is not going to sit. He did the same thing both times he's done his abductor - knows he has an issue but doesn't stop.

Vanney said 5 minutes into the second half Giovinco told Vanney he felt good. 15 minutes later, he goes down telling them he can't continue. What's a coach to do?

OgtheDim
08-28-2016, 11:38 AM
This was good

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cq9IxldUkAEg8YF.jpg

MightyDM
08-28-2016, 11:48 AM
We didn't deserve to win, regardless of whether that was a PK or not. Early on, Oso was contributing well and Gio was moving, but later we seemed to stop any off the ball running. Jozy was doing a lot of watching. We had wide runs, but rarely any central ones with intent. It was like they were all waiting for someone else to do it.

re referee: he was decisive and fair, but got some things wrong. Camera looked a red early on, the red he gave was a yellow, not sure Delgado actually touched Oduro for his yellow, and could have been a penalty for us when Jozy was barged over. But I don't think he deserves huge criticism for most of those

MightyDM
08-28-2016, 11:57 AM
Seba is not going to sit. He did the same thing both times he's done his abductor - knows he has an issue but doesn't stop.

Vanney said 5 minutes into the second half Giovinco told Vanney he felt good. 15 minutes later, he goes down telling them he can't continue. What's a coach to do?

sit him. That why he is the coach. What would Alex Ferguson have done? Not bring him to Orlando.

DinamoTFC
08-28-2016, 12:16 PM
This was good

:scarf::flare::drum::scarf:

Hamilton_Red
08-28-2016, 12:17 PM
That's what gets me about this team - if that doesn't get them up for a game - if it doesn't motivate them to deliver a result? What does?
It was the same last season - big win to make the play-offs all they need is couple more wins against Houston and Montreal and we get a home game.....they just shat it.

This was good

ensco
08-28-2016, 12:20 PM
Fire that white uniform, especially for a derby.

#TFCwhitejerseyout

MisterMacphisto
08-28-2016, 12:20 PM

Was sitting in 121. The drums were such a major buzz kill to the atmosphere. It's all I could here the whole day and it was so annoying.

Auzzy
08-28-2016, 12:23 PM
The second looks like shoulder to chest to me. And that's a foul.

I dunno. Front of the shoulder, at most. I think most refs wouldn't call that. Especially when he's already handed out a red to the other team.

I think there were a few other penalty appeals, that may have been more clear cut, but I haven't seen the replays.

The tifo was awesome. Sadly, last night it could have been "Your funhouse. Our nightmare."

Auzzy
08-28-2016, 12:25 PM
I think lots of hype always goes against this team, at least with its current makeup and mentality. That's why "big games" often go sideways. I always get worried when there's lots of hype.

paul-collins
08-28-2016, 12:26 PM
Fire that white uniform, especially for a derby.

#TFCwhitejerseyout
Although I thought the red shorts looked ok with the jersey, I agree. Derby at home you wear your main kit. COYHeritageKits?

anto7
08-28-2016, 12:40 PM
This was good

Yes it was very good. However not sure about the timing. I was directly behind the welcome to the circus TIFO and can't say I was overly impressed to miss the start of the game because it was still up. I would also prefer to see the players come out of the tunnel and line up for the anthems but I can see how you would want them to see the display first. Don't mean to take anything away from it since I know a lot of people put in tremendous effort to make it all work and kudos to them all but maybe next time just make sure it's down before the game kicks off please.

Pint
08-28-2016, 01:17 PM
Yes it was very good. However not sure about the timing. I was directly behind the welcome to the circus TIFO and can't say I was overly impressed to miss the start of the game because it was still up. I would also prefer to see the players come out of the tunnel and line up for the anthems but I can see how you would want them to see the display first. Don't mean to take anything away from it since I know a lot of people put in tremendous effort to make it all work and kudos to them all but maybe next time just make sure it's down before the game kicks off please.

1st one and timing of everything was tough to work out. It was the goal to have the fabric down by kickoff but can't just drop as a large metal pole runs along the top to keep the image integrity. Just wanted to give you a little back ground, lots of timing discussion for the entire thing.

OgtheDim
08-28-2016, 01:23 PM
BTW, that photo came from the Kings twitter feed.

Tifo got noticed, people laughed with it, nobody laughed at it. Pretty good for a first time.

With that and the smoke, quite the atmosphere to start the game....Bono said so himself on twitter today. The team appreciates the efforts. Looking forward to the next one.

DinamoTFC
08-28-2016, 02:26 PM

We missed 30 seconds of the game due to the tifo. I'm fine with missing up to 3 minutes to show that beautiful tifo. Also because the stadium isn't immediately full so u want as many ppl to see it as possible including the team.
When you're in the south end that's what happens. Your job is to support the team in beautiful ways and unconventional ways. Portland seattle do it for many games. This was one game. And it was beautiful.

PAOK17
08-28-2016, 03:49 PM
So this is happening....

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/montreal/montreal-impact-toronto-fc-sexist-poster-1.3738985

ronzilla
08-28-2016, 04:03 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cq8xgcPVYAA8Zof.jpg

Blizzard
08-28-2016, 04:03 PM
So this is happening....

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/montreal/montreal-impact-toronto-fc-sexist-poster-1.3738985

Ya, well whose bright idea was this? Brain dead idiots! It just gives the club another reason to clamp down if they should so choose.

PAOK17
08-28-2016, 04:09 PM
Ya, well whose bright idea was this? Brain dead idiots!

Yeah I mean it's going to give us bad press so maybe not the right kind of media attention we wanted to generate

Blizzard
08-28-2016, 04:24 PM
Yeah I mean it's going to give us bad press so maybe not the right kind of media attention we wanted to generate

Perhaps I'm being overly sensitive but I don't need or want to be at all associated with that trash.

molenshtain
08-28-2016, 04:32 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cq8xgcPVYAA8Zof.jpg

Frankly could not give a shit about a banner at this point in our rivalry. Saputo sanctioned Impact supports and Montreal Police to violently attack our fans after our last two games away there last season. That's a much bigger issue, to me at least.

sn0re
08-28-2016, 05:12 PM
Aren't banners supposed to be pre-approved by the FO or BMO Field? It's surprising to see that.

GlenM
08-28-2016, 05:14 PM
VID of TIFO

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcGHrXHgFKA&sns=fb

GlenM

portu
08-28-2016, 05:15 PM
TIFO was unreal last night from the stands!!!! Dissapointing loss but in the overall make up of things this club is in good stead! Keep moving forward!

paul-collins
08-28-2016, 05:42 PM
Frankly could not give a shit about a banner at this point in our rivalry. Saputo sanctioned Impact supports and Montreal Police to violently attack our fans after our last two games away there last season. That's a much bigger issue, to me at least.
This has zero to do with the rivalry. This will get bad press with the people who we need to pay attention, so that we can get the media on board.

Shit like this gives the dinosaurs an excuse to bash and then ignore.

Stupid.

OgtheDim
08-28-2016, 05:57 PM
Locking of this thread now I predict.

All I could say to that two stick I said last year to the FHRITP event.

Beyond stupid. Just totally beyond stupid.

Red CB Toronto
08-28-2016, 06:22 PM
Locking of this thread now I predict.

All I could say to that two stick I said last year to the FHRITP event.

Beyond stupid. Just totally beyond stupid.

Well I guess it shows the differing idea on what some deem appropriate, but yeah making a banner like that, how could you not expect to offend. This is the type of story the CBC will pick up on, not a muliple game unbeaten streak.

Stuff like this is what will get the FO to clamp down on what supporters can do plus the process of getting into the stadium with flags, banners etc. You just do not want to give them a reason.

I am not surprised this made it into the stadium, all you would not is cover it up with a similar size piece of material.

Oldtimer
08-28-2016, 06:23 PM
We haven't discussed locking this thread so far tbh, mind you no flame wars have broken out yet.

Red CB Toronto
08-28-2016, 06:26 PM
We haven't discussed locking this thread so far tbh, mind you no flame wars have broken out yet.

No reason too, a good discussion is being had on the stupid action of a southend supporter, one of our own.

burlington Red
08-28-2016, 06:36 PM
Not sure if it has already been mentioned but in new stand by bar post game there was a horrible assault where some young lad was out cold for 10 min with blood coming from face n back of head. I don't know what went on prior to it but ambulance n police came. It wasn't something I wanted my 7 yr old seeing

Red CB Toronto
08-28-2016, 06:51 PM
Not sure if it has already been mentioned but in new stand by bar post game there was a horrible assault where some young lad was out cold for 10 min with blood coming from face n back of head. I don't know what went on prior to it but ambulance n police came. It wasn't something I wanted my 7 yr old seeing

That is terrible, hope the FO deals with that too.

James17930
08-28-2016, 07:14 PM
From the article (from the woman who is filing the complaint with MLS):

"I think we're now really cognizant, in 2016, that sports is a fairly toxic domain for women."

This banner was completely wrong, of course, anyone with a brain can see that ... but it really bothers me how some people then go way too far the other way and over-generalize to the point of absurdity. There are definitely issues in different places around the world for women in sport, but in N. America (where I'm assuming the majority of this woman's experience comes from), there are millions and millions of women who participate in and watch sport every day, and I would think the level of 'toxicity' they experience is relatively pretty low, and when it does happen I'm would also think it is immediately condemned by anyone of any gender who's aware of it.

People have got to get off this notion (bred from the internet), that isolated incidents are always connected to some larger, societal issue (I mean, I suppose in a sense they are, but reactions to such things need to be tempered). If, for example, this banner was sanctioned by an entire supporter's group, and/or sanctioned by the FO, then it would be an example of systemic sexism and thereby indicative of a larger societal problem in that A LARGE NUMBER OF PEOPLE would have been responsible for its creation/dissemination.

But when it's one or two idiots doing something, and EVERYONE ELSE agrees it's wrong, then actually, societally, things are working out pretty well. No reasonable person believes this is okay, and who cares about unreasonable people anyway (as long they're not being violent)?

So I really hope the individuals responsible are penalized, but that it doesn't affect what good supporters are doing.

Eastend
08-28-2016, 07:20 PM
Well said James.

SoccMan2
08-28-2016, 07:23 PM
Yup the CBC is already all over this banner thing, it already has over 180 comments on their story, this will be front and centre news on all the mainstream media in Toronto and Canada, the soccer haters in the media just love these kind of stories when it comes to soccer, they look for negativities like this to write about and talk about , just watch how this becomes a big story in the next few days.

Ivy
08-28-2016, 07:26 PM
Toronto guy? Or MTL?

zeelaw
08-28-2016, 07:43 PM
Yup the CBC is already all over this banner thing, it already has over 180 comments on their story,
And thankfully most comments are bagging the CBC for even writing it

molenshtain
08-28-2016, 07:55 PM
double post

anto7
08-28-2016, 07:58 PM
1st one and timing of everything was tough to work out. It was the goal to have the fabric down by kickoff but can't just drop as a large metal pole runs along the top to keep the image integrity. Just wanted to give you a little back ground, lots of timing discussion for the entire thing.

Thanks for the reply and explanation. I'm sure there is a learning curve and things will get smoother with each experience.