PDA

View Full Version : Impact Pre Game

SarniaTFC
08-21-2016, 08:43 PM
I know Saturday is on everybody's minds. Massive game back at home against Montreal. Can't wait to get down to Toronto for it.
Im just wondering if there are any pre game plans, marches to the stadium or something like that.

Joe Kool
08-21-2016, 11:07 PM
I know Saturday is on everybody's minds. Massive game back at home against Montreal. Can't wait to get down to Toronto for it.
Im just wondering if there are any pre game plans, marches to the stadium or something like that.

CNE is on.

JayMolly
08-22-2016, 09:40 AM
CNE is on.

Yes. Very few, select seats available for this match.

Pint
08-22-2016, 09:52 AM
Marches are very difficult to do with the CNE on since you have to get through the CNE bottle neck as well. Some groups pre game in the CNE but i would make sure i was in my seat before kickoff for this one.

Oldtimer
08-22-2016, 10:03 AM
Bringing my wife for the first time in 5 years. Our "pregame" will be going to innovation displays at the Ex, maybe watching the figure skating show. g:D

It's really hard to do any serious pregame during the Ex.

GhostKiller
08-22-2016, 10:38 AM
This is always my favourite game of the year. And this year it's a late start!
I like to go to the ex before the game and hang out in the BBQ pit area and get drunk and eat bbq. Then walk around the grounds and play some carnival games while my body attempts to digest all the terrible things I've just done to it.

bigredone
08-22-2016, 11:49 AM
March to the craft beer fest. At that point, it's on!!!!

Cram as many of us Reds in the food truck and craft beer area. Chant and sing the afternoon away!

OgtheDim
08-22-2016, 12:18 PM
Last year, there was a beer garden to the North East of BMO serving Mill Street.

This year its serving Beau's.

hulkrogan
08-22-2016, 02:02 PM
How long will it take from the gates to the ground in to your seats? I want to make sure I'm in with plenty of time to check out the stadium and be parked in my seats with a few beers before kickoff.

Pint
08-22-2016, 02:03 PM
How long will it take from the gates to the ground in to your seats? I want to make sure I'm in with plenty of time to check out the stadium and be parked in my seats with a few beers before kickoff.

Honestly depends on if a train has just gotten in or not. If you are in the area early I would just spend your afternoon in the ex grounds (craft beer fest, food building etc)

Yohan
08-22-2016, 02:18 PM

avoid gate 1. try gate 3 or one of other gates at south end which is normally less busy to get into the stadium

hulkrogan
08-22-2016, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the tips! I'll be coming straight from the Jay's game, wondering if I need to convince my other friends to ditch baseball early so we can make it in time.

SarniaTFC
08-22-2016, 02:22 PM
Jamming as many of us into the craft beer tents as possible sounds like a good idea to me. Get some songs going and just get really pumped up to take 3 points from M*ntreal. Any idea on how many of them are making the trip down?? Can't wait to get right into them.

Pint
08-22-2016, 02:26 PM
Jamming as many of us into the craft beer tents as possible sounds like a good idea to me. Get some songs going and just get really pumped up to take 3 points from M*ntreal. Any idea on how many of them are making the trip down?? Can't wait to get right into them.

Last i was told was not many tickets had been sold but it was noted that they are usually a buy late crowd.

SarniaTFC
08-22-2016, 02:41 PM
Last i was told was not many tickets had been sold but it was noted that they are usually a buy late crowd.
It would be good to see a decent away crowd at the game just so we can get them wound up even more than we already will

OgtheDim
08-22-2016, 03:23 PM
FYI: the streetcars are running into the Ex. After the Ex, back to hoofing it out to the armoury area.:)

strictlye
08-22-2016, 03:24 PM
I plan on being piss drunk and enjoying the entire day eating crap at the ex, then wait for the Montreal bus to see if I can get Drogba's autograph (Yes, I am a Chelsea fan too). Then hope to see Giovinco man handle the Impact.

Yagbod
08-22-2016, 03:45 PM
The CNE isn't much of an issue if you want to march down Liberty. We'll be marching. Details to follow soon.

Derko
08-22-2016, 06:51 PM
March to the craft beer fest. At that point, it's on!!!!

Cram as many of us Reds in the food truck and craft beer area. Chant and sing the afternoon away!

Same as last year, will be there in force at the Craft Beer area

Derko
08-22-2016, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the tips! I'll be coming straight from the Jay's game, wondering if I need to convince my other friends to ditch baseball early so we can make it in time.

It's a nice idea to have an afternoon nap at the Jay's game so you can be refreshed for the evenings festivities at BMO

WestStandGeoff
08-22-2016, 10:10 PM

Wouldn't they have to commit by now? Seems like Ticketmaster has almost nothing left, and there's pretty good demand on the secondary market already, so unless the club is holding something back for away support, I think their "buy late" strategy might be a bad idea for them this year.

DinamoTFC
08-22-2016, 10:10 PM

If there's one game u don't want to miss it will be this one.
Montreal games are always special. It will be sold out or very close. It will be loud. The anthem will be sung in full force. And the new tifo rigging system will be put into use for the first time.

And that's just the start. If we win there will be a party outside. I remember last year fans stayed back and chanted so loud and strong that everyone at cne took notice. I think even a couple flares were lit outside bmo. Don't miss this game.

Pint
08-22-2016, 10:11 PM
Tickets are always held back for away supporters

DinamoTFC
08-22-2016, 10:13 PM
The CNE isn't much of an issue if you want to march down Liberty. We'll be marching. Details to follow soon.

Yes please post when you have more info. Hoping to bring some friends to the march if there is one.

Abou Sky
08-23-2016, 05:59 PM
Tickets are always held back for away supporters

Not indefinitely though, if nobody from the opposition's SG takes up tickets they are sold off.

Pint
08-23-2016, 08:05 PM
Not indefinitely though, if nobody from the opposition's SG takes up tickets they are sold off.

Depends... they will always leave a row or two and with it being mtl they may hold a larger buffer zone.