PDA

View Full Version : Perquis to Nottingham Forest

WestStandGeoff
08-13-2016, 09:12 AM
I've been out of it a little lately and just noticed last night that a couple weeks after we "agreed to part ways" with Perquis he signed with Nottingham Forest. Does anyone have a clue why the club would pull that move instead of getting something for him?

Also sounds familiar to how he left Betis before joining TFC last year, so it leaves me to wonder if Perquis has some mafia guy as an agent who shakes down a release for his client to get them out of old contracts?

Ultra & Proud
08-13-2016, 09:30 AM
I've been out of it a little lately and just noticed last night that a couple weeks after we "agreed to part ways" with Perquis he signed with Nottingham Forest. Does anyone have a clue why the club would pull that move instead of getting something for him?

Also sounds familiar to how he left Betis before joining TFC last year, so it leaves me to wonder if Perquis has some mafia guy as an agent who shakes down a release for his client to get them out of old contracts?

We needed cap space and the emergence of Zavaleta made him expendable.

shwade
08-13-2016, 09:52 AM
No mafia agent just an insurance salesman.

Derko
08-13-2016, 03:33 PM
No mafia agent just an insurance salesman.

Or maybe this guy:

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/90/93/f2/9093f2a350577536e3e0d31739c61ded.jpg

James17930
08-21-2016, 01:51 AM

If a player wants to go back to Europe, I really don't think it's in the league's interest to hold them hostage here; it would be bad PR and send a negative message to any other players who might decide to come over. TFC wouldn't realistically get much for him anyway.

Auzzy
08-21-2016, 07:14 PM
"Beggers can't be choosers." As mentioned we needed cap space, and a number of other/cheaper centrebacks were playing well (Zavaleta; Hagglund; Williams). And apparently Perquis wanted to go back to Europe, or at least was willing. When you look at some of the things that happened, e.g., not playing Perquis even when he was likely not injured, or just "needed a rest" they were probably dangling him in the shop window for a while. So any team that took him, knew that TFC wanted to dump him, and didn't need to offer a transfer fee. If Nottingham picked up most or all of Perquis' remaining salary for the year, that's all TFC wanted. Likely opened up the room for the Cooper loan (which had been in the works for a while).

ensco
08-21-2016, 07:19 PM
To be a transfer candidate, a player's contract has to be attractive. Perquis was overpaid.

Not many 32 year old defenders in the Championship make what Perquis made here ($400K+). I think TFC just bought out the back half of his deal, for say $100K, and Perquis signed for something like $200K in England.

Suspect the $100K or whatever was saved is the money being used for Cooper.

burlington Red
08-22-2016, 09:48 AM
I see Perquis has been sent off for them already in last Tuesdays game v Brentford.

anto7
08-22-2016, 10:55 AM
I see Perquis has been sent off for them already in last Tuesdays game v Brentford.

Shocking.....lol
I did wonder why he wasn't in the squad this weekend.
i think he is too much of a head case to handle the play in the championship. There are a lot of seasoned tough guys playing and they will soon figure out how easy it is to wind Perquis up. I see more card trouble for him in the future.