PDA

View Full Version : Season Seat Holder Events??

FRANKIE65
08-08-2016, 11:24 AM
Anyone been contacted about the annual bbq, or, any other event for that matter???? I sent an email in May, and, the response was

We have yet to confirm any dates or scheduled events, keep an eye out for an invite sometime this summer.

Running out of summer methinks.

fergiejr
08-08-2016, 11:55 AM
Nothing on my end. Was wondering the same thing.

sidvan
08-08-2016, 12:37 PM
I suppose the pre game food mingle they had a few weeks ago would be one. I know you had to respond to email and then win the lottery to get in.

FRANKIE65
08-08-2016, 12:44 PM
I suppose the pre game food mingle they had a few weeks ago would be one. I know you had to respond to email and then win the lottery to get in.

Shouldn't count though, as, the "ssh experience" is supposed to be a "guaranteed" thing. Only reason I'm harping on this is because MLSE has the most piss poor offerings/perks for TFC ssh. I prefer our supporter's group events anyways, but, if they are going to use these "events" to entice people to buy...then damn well offer them.

Mateo1985
08-08-2016, 12:56 PM
lol you meant hat Seattle game RSVP event. It was so funny. It was awesome to get an invite and then a rejection lol

Pookie
08-08-2016, 01:37 PM
Not sure if they do them or not anymore but the early days TFC "pub crawls" were very much appreciated. Players coming by your table to talk to your kids. Lots of great stories shared and memories created.

All it cost was a dinner and time investment at Jack Astors.

Joe Kool
08-08-2016, 02:01 PM
I don't think they are doing any of those season seat holder events this year. We would have heard about it by now. I guess they save those for when the team is doing worse and the renewal rate is threatened.

FRANKIE65
08-08-2016, 02:09 PM
I don't think they are doing any of those season seat holder events this year. We would have heard about it by now. I guess they save those for when the team is doing worse and the renewal rate is threatened.

In that case we should all charge them with false advertising. The sign ups clearly stated the ssh events that were offered. Each ssh was to choose one event. From what I'm hearing, so far, these events have not been offered.
Off hand I remember the bbq, a pre game "party", something involving Vanney, and, a few others. Perhaps someone else remembers better than myself?

Joe Kool
08-08-2016, 02:44 PM
In that case we should all charge them with false advertising. The sign ups clearly stated the ssh events that were offered. Each ssh was to choose one event. From what I'm hearing, so far, these events have not been offered.
Off hand I remember the bbq, a pre game "party", something involving Vanney, and, a few others. Perhaps someone else remembers better than myself?

I don't recall getting asked to sign up for something this year for some reason. I recall they had the sign up thing going last year for events. Guess I need to get some testing done of my memory. If we were supposed to get something this year then definitely we have a good case to do some bitching with them. Since I don't remember them saying they were doing that this year I guess I was not thinking much of it until now.

Pint
08-08-2016, 03:20 PM
I don't really remember anything when renewing either, if they did i would guess they are waiting til September for those events. Packed summer of games and I would guess many members of the non technical staff are going on vacation this next week and a half.

eustacchio
08-08-2016, 04:19 PM
The 2016 Season Ticket Holder Handbook: http://www.torontofc.ca/handbook

Says that you get "Access to a season seat holder appreciation event". It doesn't say what or when. Could be anything.

The one that caught my eye was "Priority access to purchase TFC playoff tickets & other BMO Field events"? Like what? I'm guessing they mean champions league games but I'm curious.

Stress
08-09-2016, 09:08 AM
The 2016 Season Ticket Holder Handbook: http://www.torontofc.ca/handbook

Says that you get "Access to a season seat holder appreciation event". It doesn't say what or when. Could be anything.

The one that caught my eye was "Priority access to purchase TFC playoff tickets & other BMO Field events"? Like what? I'm guessing they mean champions league games but I'm curious.

Most likely CMNT and CWNT games. There were a bunch of emails about the ladies v Brazil etc.

As for events, a month or so ago i received a call from a ticket rep I've never spoken to before (I don't speak to any of them really) on a Tuesday offering me to come down to real sports to watch one of the Wednesday night games. It was a really weird informal call. He said something along the lines of "me and (some other ticket rep) are getting a few people together to enjoy some food and watch the game at real sports tomorrow night. We'd like you to join if you're interested". I declined so I don't know how big or small this "event" was. I wonder if this is their approach this year? I don't really go to any of these events anyway but they didn't really give me much time or details to make a decision.

JayMolly
08-09-2016, 09:47 AM

^
Other BMO events:
- perhaps CFL Grey Cup?
- perhaps the Winter Classic?

Pint
08-09-2016, 09:54 AM
^
Other BMO events:
- perhaps CFL Grey Cup?
- perhaps the Winter Classic?

I think GC ticket are already on sale no? We are not getting priority for Winter Classic. 15,000 leafs SSH + sponsors wouldn't allow for TFC SSH to even be offered 1 ticket per

The other events are CMNT, CWNT, Friendlies if they happen and maybe rugby

Areathrasher
08-09-2016, 09:59 AM
Yea, pretty sure i was offered a presale code for the Canada Italy rugby game.

Voodooman
08-09-2016, 10:09 AM
However I got a presale code for rugby and codes if you buy 3 tix, get 1 free for CWNT just for having a TicketMaster account also...so probably not it.

stegosaurus
08-09-2016, 11:27 AM
I asked my rep about these earlier this year. She said that the lotteries ARE the SSH events, and that you will be invited (or, I suppose, "win") (at least) one event over the course of the season. The Euros/Sounders thing was one, and I imagine there will be others. Unfortunately, she didn't give any dates or idea what the events would be.

FRANKIE65
08-09-2016, 12:10 PM
I asked my rep about these earlier this year. She said that the lotteries ARE the SSH events, and that you will be invited (or, I suppose, "win") (at least) one event over the course of the season. The Euros/Sounders thing was one, and I imagine there will be others. Unfortunately, she didn't give any dates or idea what the events would be.

After the response I got today from a rep...I believe this is the actual case. Still find it strange since in previous years you could pick the event. Anyways, that pretty much brings the discussion to an end. Let's get back to enjoying the fact that we are one point...ONE POINT...out of first with a game in hand:drum::flare::scarf:

Joe Kool
08-09-2016, 12:29 PM

I bet there will be away game viewing parties for the playoffs and MLS Cup. Hopefully TFC are in all of them. Surprised at no BBQ. It went from inviting all season ticket holders to inviting some season ticket holders to having no BBQ at all. I never thought that would ever go away. Seems like an easy enough event to put on that can cater to alot of people.

I "won" the Euro party before the Sounders game so I guess no point me entering any remaining draws. :)

stegosaurus
08-09-2016, 06:23 PM
I bet there will be away game viewing parties for the playoffs and MLS Cup. Hopefully TFC are in all of them. Surprised at no BBQ. It went from inviting all season ticket holders to inviting some season ticket holders to having no BBQ at all. I never thought that would ever go away. Seems like an easy enough event to put on that can cater to alot of people.

I "won" the Euro party before the Sounders game so I guess no point me entering any remaining draws. :)

No matter how well the Reds are doing this year, I can't imagine the FO initially thinking: "Let's make all the SSH events playoff viewing parties!" and jinxing the whole thing. I'm sure they will have these as well, but having no BBQ or anything else seems like a pretty big cut from last year where there were multiple events.

Red CB Toronto
08-09-2016, 07:18 PM
I don't worry about events like this but I do appreciate that some like them. I really get the sense that the current FO epsecially since it was moved within the overall MLSE structure have changed their view on how they do things. Back when Paul was running things it was pretty much an open door policy on a lot of things, just a very accessible team.

glaze
08-09-2016, 08:03 PM
I could see a grey cup offer, that event will be a tough sell this year. Overpriced tix, way too much competition for the sports fan (winter classic, world cup of hockey, world juniors, blue jays playoffs).
Speaking of grey cup, those temp seats will probably go in in october, so we could have some huge crowds for the playoffs if they open them up for tfc.

sn0re
08-09-2016, 09:03 PM
I could see a grey cup offer, that event will be a tough sell this year. Overpriced tix, way too much competition for the sports fan (winter classic, world cup of hockey, world juniors, blue jays playoffs).
Speaking of grey cup, those temp seats will probably go in in october, so we could have some huge crowds for the playoffs if they open them up for tfc.

I hope they convert those temp seats into permanent seat

Red CB Toronto
08-09-2016, 10:29 PM

Grey Cup will have no issue selling out. The Grey Cup is a big ticket, it will be quite the week.

fergiejr
08-10-2016, 09:14 AM
Just checked, Grey Cup looks about 60% sold. Lots of seats taken. General public on-sale is on Monday, so no code for us.

When they announced that the Argos were coming, I assumed one of our "perks" would be discounted tickets to Argos games - akin to the flex packs that we used to get with Marlies tix in them. I think they decided to save themselves the backlash of offering Argos tickets due to the general feeling towards them coming to BMO. This is likely also why we aren't going to be offered a presale for Grey Cup. I could see a discount code, but that is only if the rest of the stadium doesn't sell out.

I have already been offered CANWNT presale stuff, and that happens every year. I get it from Canada Soccer as well as MLSE.

strictlye
08-10-2016, 12:05 PM
I been to a few events this year. I think there was a party for the first game of the season. There was also a big event during the world cup. My friends at work don't get invited to these events, we think its because they have been season ticket holders for a long time and I just got mine last year. I definitely get more perks than they do but I pay much more for my tickets.

Joe Kool
08-10-2016, 01:13 PM
No matter how well the Reds are doing this year, I can't imagine the FO initially thinking: "Let's make all the SSH events playoff viewing parties!" and jinxing the whole thing. I'm sure they will have these as well, but having no BBQ or anything else seems like a pretty big cut from last year where there were multiple events.

Yeah I am not saying that is what they were thinking at all. Away game viewing parties seems to be something they would do especially come playoff time.

I agree it has been a big cut each year. Open Practice, TFC Coaches clinic, BBQ, etc were all events that everyone was invited to if you were a SSH for a bunch of years. Then last season, if I recall, they said they were individual events and we could only pick one. Now this season they didn't even give us a list to pick from. Too bad they had to cut back like that. Reminds me or my work where they did that with the annual Christmas party. First it was spousal events at hotel receptions then they changed it to employee only dinner then it was employee only lunch and now it is pot luck at work organized by coworkers instead of management.

C.Ronaldo
08-10-2016, 02:16 PM
Yeah I am not saying that is what they were thinking at all. Away game viewing parties seems to be something they would do especially come playoff time.

I agree it has been a big cut each year. Open Practice, TFC Coaches clinic, BBQ, etc were all events that everyone was invited to if you were a SSH for a bunch of years. Then last season, if I recall, they said they were individual events and we could only pick one. Now this season they didn't even give us a list to pick from. Too bad they had to cut back like that. Reminds me or my work where they did that with the annual Christmas party. First it was spousal events at hotel receptions then they changed it to employee only dinner then it was employee only lunch and now it is pot luck at work organized by coworkers instead of management.

I bet the CEO got a .5M raise that year, ours did

to be fair, he was scraping by on 16M/year and almost had to eat "cold Camembert with broken crackers" as a snack on a flight one time

KevinOHH
08-31-2016, 08:45 AM
I just got an email yesterday about the SSH BBQ event Sept 11 that I had to RSVP to and/or enter the "lottery". At least they are putting one this year, I was getting worried.

leafsman
08-31-2016, 09:47 AM
I hate how they always host it on NFL opening Weekend.

SuperTCP
09-07-2016, 10:35 AM
anyone receive the BBQ Lottery Winners email? just wondering if they were sent out yet or not.

Bargs7
09-07-2016, 12:00 PM
I was wondering the same thing, haven't received anything yet.

Red4ever
09-07-2016, 12:10 PM
Still no. None of my crew has

stegosaurus
09-07-2016, 09:53 PM
Still no. None of my crew has

Yep, nothing yet and it's almost Thursday. Kind of late to be forcing people into weekend plans, especially if it involves a trip up to Vaughan. In the past, more events were offered, and they weren't all post-September. Hopefully they have something worthwhile for the people who have missed every "lottery" at the end of the season.

I'm not in love with all the events, but limiting the perks in the 10th season (instead of doing more) is kind of disappointing.

magmadragon
09-08-2016, 11:22 AM
Just got the email. Nothing like leaving it to the last minute.

stegosaurus
09-08-2016, 11:47 AM
Just got the email. Nothing like leaving it to the last minute.

I guess they did it by lottery after all, because I got denied. Would appreciate an event before it starts snowing! Kid was looking forward to the BBQ after last year's.

djcuse
09-08-2016, 12:16 PM
Did you get an email stating that you were denied? I haven't heard anything yet.

I guess they did it by lottery after all, because I got denied. Would appreciate an event before it starts snowing! Kid was looking forward to the BBQ after last year's.

Bargs7
09-08-2016, 02:31 PM
Yep, got selected too. Looking forward to it, it's my first one. It was a little last minute though, had to cancel plans.

strictlye
09-08-2016, 02:52 PM
I just got an email.........I've been denied entry....:violin:

stegosaurus
09-08-2016, 06:13 PM
Did you get an email stating that you were denied? I haven't heard anything yet.

Yep.

Cuppy
09-08-2016, 07:45 PM
Anyone attend these in the past. Wondering if I can bring merch for autographs

Red CB Toronto
09-08-2016, 07:52 PM
Anyone attend these in the past. Wondering if I can bring merch for autographs

You are more than welcome too, not sure who may see as the team will be returning from Chicago earlier in the morning. TFC2 also plays that night.

djcuse
09-08-2016, 10:21 PM
You are more than welcome too, not sure who may see as the team will be returning from Chicago earlier in the morning. TFC2 also plays that night.

Well we know one person who wouln't be in Chicago & could be available Sunday ;)

Blizzard
09-09-2016, 09:00 AM
Yep.

I was also denied.

Red4ever
09-09-2016, 10:04 AM
I got a spot.

How do they screen your plus +1s. Do you have to be there?

Theoretically, if I couldn't go, could I chuck people my spot?

Joe Kool
09-09-2016, 11:20 PM
I got a spot.

How do they screen your plus +1s. Do you have to be there?

Theoretically, if I couldn't go, could I chuck people my spot?

Every event I ever went to they just ask for your name. Never been asked anything else and never had to show ID. Just tell people to give your name at the door and it should be fine.

JayMolly
09-10-2016, 09:19 AM
Did not get a spot. . . .

"Due to high levels of interest and limited capacity, a random draw was conducted to select attendees and unfortunately your name was not drawn."
"Keep your eye out for other upcoming events this season."Wonder what other events are planned for those SSH not picked for this event?

Klinsmann
09-10-2016, 04:56 PM

"Due to high levels of interest and limited capacity, a random draw was conducted to select attendees and unfortunately your name was not drawn."
"Keep your eye out for other upcoming events this season."

Wonder what other events are planned for those SSH not picked for this event?

maybe a 90min party after the last game?

KevinOHH
09-15-2016, 09:54 AM
I received another email yesterday to RSVP to a player autograph session on Saturday Sept 25 at the training facility

Red CB Toronto
09-15-2016, 10:36 AM

"Keep your eye out for other upcoming events this season."

Wonder what other events are planned for those SSH not picked for this event?

High level of interest my ass, heard from a number of people there that it was quite empty. Whenever you do something like this you pretty much bet there will be no shows from people who RSVP. When they limit the invites via a lottery, you obviously are going to have a lot less people than you did in the past, but then again maybe that's what they want.

JayMolly
09-15-2016, 10:56 AM
I received another email yesterday to RSVP to a player autograph session on Saturday Sept 25 at the training facility

We received that 'E' too.
As indicated in the SSH Guide: - there will be access to a SSH appreciation event.
Hope that the SSH that got the BBQ invite or any other event this year are not eligible for this event?

magmadragon
09-19-2016, 09:43 AM
We received that 'E' too.
As indicated in the SSH Guide: - there will be access to a SSH appreciation event.
Hope that the SSH that got the BBQ invite or any other event this year are not eligible for this event?

I went the BBQ and also got an invite for the signing. Not going to the signing as it is easy to get autographs after a game.

sn0re
09-19-2016, 09:54 AM
I went the BBQ and also got an invite for the signing. Not going to the signing as it is easy to get autographs after a game.

Where do you go after the game? Ive always wanted to do it but didnt know where to get autographs

magmadragon
09-19-2016, 10:39 AM
Where do you go after the game? Ive always wanted to do it but didnt know where to get autographs

Northwest corner at the loading dock

deepred
09-21-2016, 11:50 AM
I received a confirmation email that I was selected to attend the team signing event. Does anyone know if I can bring a +1 with me to this?

Ivy
09-21-2016, 12:31 PM
I've also been selected. First time in forever that I've actually been selected for an event.
Now I just gotta find somebody that I know that's going as well.

Cas87
09-21-2016, 01:14 PM
I received a confirmation email that I was selected to attend the team signing event. Does anyone know if I can bring a +1 with me to this?
I got the selection email as well.

I didn't see anything written in either email (offer or selection). Best bet would be to call and ask.

lintberg
09-21-2016, 02:44 PM
I got selected too, finally:)

Red CB Toronto
09-21-2016, 02:52 PM
I got selected too, finally:)

I got selected too, not sure I am going to go, it's just way too easy to get autographs at BMO Field on game days. Down the northwest corner have seen Seba, Jozy and company a number of times this year.

Cuppy
09-21-2016, 07:04 PM
Denied to attend the autograph session. This was the one I hoped for as a team session was going to be dream day :facepalm:

Cuppy
09-21-2016, 07:20 PM
I got selected too, not sure I am going to go, it's just way too easy to get autographs at BMO Field on game days. Down the northwest corner have seen Seba, Jozy and company a number of times this year.
Will gladly take this off your hands :scarf:

Captain
09-22-2016, 01:16 PM

I checked with head office on this. Yes you can bring a +1.

LFC_TFC
09-25-2016, 09:31 PM
TFC FO need to get their shit together. They call it a team signing event, so it sounds good to people like me who don't want to wait hours before or after games for signatures. You get there and they have all the players broken up into 6 groups, you have to choose which one to START with, of course DP''s are split up. Then just before the event starts they cover up Altidores name and he is a no show wtf? Then we are brought passed the gate and they tell us that the rules have changed and you can only go to the ONE group of players you choose when you came. So instead of getting the whole team signature you are only allowed 4 players and if you want to get more you have to go back outside line up again and try to get more before the 1 hr time limit runs out. What a joke.
I understand players can't be there all day but why so poorly organized? For the players and fans sake put some thought into it. Maybe thats why Bradley was a real douche bag and wouldn't look people in the eye or even acknowledge them. Dissapointing. But the kids liked the free candy :)

Cuppy
09-25-2016, 09:41 PM
TFC FO need to get their shit together. They call it a team signing event, so it sounds good to people like me who don't want to wait hours before or after games for signatures. You get there and they have all the players broken up into 6 groups, you have to choose which one to START with, of course DP''s are split up. Then just before the event starts they cover up Altidores name and he is a no show wtf? Then we are brought passed the gate and they tell us that the rules have changed and you can only go to the ONE group of players you choose when you came. So instead of getting the whole team signature you are only allowed 4 players and if you want to get more you have to go back outside line up again and try to get more before the 1 hr time limit runs out. What a joke.
I understand players can't be there all day but why so poorly organized? For the players and fans sake put some thought into it. Maybe thats why Bradley was a real douche bag and wouldn't look people in the eye or even acknowledge them. Dissapointing. But the kids liked the free candy :)
I would be absolutely flipping the F out. I was so upset I wasn't selected as this would be the opportunity to get the team all in one room. Glad I wasn't invited as it would have enraged me

Primavera
09-25-2016, 10:53 PM

This sounds just like the Jays team signing event. It was a bit of a surprise to me (the Jays event) as I was expecting to get many more than the two I managed. Having gone through it once though, I wonder how else they could do it. The players would have to be there for hours in order to sign something for all of the attendees and their +1s.

Ivy
09-25-2016, 11:21 PM
It wasn't THAT bad... it was poorly organized, but aside from that, if you got there at 1, you were able to get everybody. I did.

As for Bradley: I don't know why you thought he was being a Dbag... I introduced myself, shook his hand and we had a brief chat about the state of the union. He was humble and honest - more than I expected, to be honest.

Fort York Redcoat
09-26-2016, 07:51 AM
It wasn't THAT bad... it was poorly organized, but aside from that, if you got there at 1, you were able to get everybody. I did.

As for Bradley: I don't know why you thought he was being a Dbag... I introduced myself, shook his hand and we had a brief chat about the state of the union. He was humble and honest - more than I expected, to be honest.

Glad to see some folks got a good experience from it. Sounds like a lot of planning went into it.

Cas87
09-26-2016, 08:35 AM

I asked if we were only allowed one wristband at first and everyone at the table said, if there is time then you can return and switch to the other colours.
Since I saw the line for Bradley's group. I figured to try the other colours first and then try to come back to Bradley's.

Worked well, got the other 5 groups done in about 40 minutes. But then since the line for Bradley was so long the worked cut off the line (which I understood, as some people were in line he entire time I was visiting the rest of the players).

**Also asked about Jozy. Apparently we showed up sick as a dog and was sent home by Vanney to rest and not infect the rest of the team.

Oldtimer
09-26-2016, 08:43 AM
Maybe thats why Bradley was a real douche bag and wouldn't look people in the eye or even acknowledge them.

In case you haven't noticed, as aggressive as he can be on the field, Bradley is an introvert by nature. He's very shy when being interviewed on TV too. Not everyone who has to face the public is a comfortable with crowds extroverted person.

Red4ever
09-26-2016, 08:59 AM
In case you haven't noticed, as aggressive as he can be on the field, Bradley is an introvert by nature. He's very shy when being interviewed on TV too. Not everyone who has to face the public is a comfortable with crowds extroverted person.

Agreed with this. It's easier for some people to feel comfortable in these situations than others. So obviously an introvert.

Pint
09-26-2016, 09:20 AM
Found Bradley to be nice, was signing autographs after the 2pm cut off as well. The only ones I was really able to chat with were Oso, Morgan and Irwin but I had unique items for them to sign so that started little conversations.

Captain
09-26-2016, 09:37 AM
I arrived just before 1:00. There was already a huge line. I picked the orange wrist ban for Bradley's table at first but saw that almost everyone had the orange ban so I went back and changed it to yellow and started at the back of the line again. I managed to get signatures and go back to the start and get new bans for all the tables/colours except the "Bradley" table before they started closing the lines. Just before they had the players leave I went over to the "Bradley" table and managed to sneek in and get Cheyrou, Delgado and Chapman. By that point they were already ushering Bradley away. I did see him stop and sign a couple things for kids as he was exiting.

So overall a good experience for me as I got signatures from all players except for Bradley and Cooper.

I think the idea for the organization was fine. You got to get signatures from four or five players and then started at the back of the line again. In theory this should have given everyone a good chance to see as many players as possible. Unfortunately with Altidore and Giovinco absent it created a huge demand for Bradley. There were people who stood in line to see Bradley for the entire hour and never made it to the front. They should have cut off the Bradley/orange bans long before they did to redirect the fans from standing in that line. I also think they invited too many people. It was a crazy lot of people for a one hour event.

Red CB Toronto
09-26-2016, 11:21 AM

I would be absolutely flipping the F out. I was so upset I wasn't selected as this would be the opportunity to get the team all in one room. Glad I wasn't invited as it would have enraged me

That is why when anyone has asked me about getting TFC autographs, I always say go the northwest corner of the stadium about 3 hours before kickoff and over the next hour or so you will see pretty much everyone walk in. Pretty much everyone stops, signs autographs, take photos etc. Pre-game is actually pretty quiet. I went down this past weekend needing just a photo signed by Armando Cooper. You still will have time after to head up for a drink or two at Joe's before the game starts. I find events like this to be very much cadle calls, just simply not my style.

Pint
09-26-2016, 12:30 PM
I'm not sure it was nearly as poorly set up as people are making it out to be, the main issue was only 1 DP showed up and everyone went after 1 colour wrist band becasue of that. If you went with any other colour from the start you could easily run through the other 4 stations in 10 min and get back in line to hit orange but if you went orange right away it made it much more difficult to get any other autographs.

The same number of people with 3 DP's at different tables (which were set up alphabetically) would have made things much easier. I started with a yellow wrist band but when i walked in Oso had nobody in front of him so i snuck in and got his autograph even though it was a different colour.