PDA

View Full Version : Match Day 24 - TFC @ Houston Sat Aug 13 [postponed Sun Aug 14, 9:15pm]

Pages : [1] 2

OgtheDim
08-07-2016, 09:07 AM
From The Album "Keep It Going"

The Right State of Mind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACMckXr1j4o

On the morning after one of the most glorious home games ever - seems appropriate.

Have at it people

Yohan
08-07-2016, 09:54 AM
This game should be another 3 pts. Houston have trouble scoring goals, despite playing relatively well defensively. Only concern is the heat, but if the boys play even 80% of how they've been playing at BMO Field, it should be another win.

Fort York Redcoat
08-08-2016, 08:49 AM
Those Houston highlights showed a team pretty hunkered down and defending the whole game. Not often I expect a win away but yep. Let's catch NYC and top East this Sat.

KurtLarSUN
08-08-2016, 10:54 AM
Why are we "self-defeating" ... Why do North American fans have "inferiority complex". I was on @FAN590 moments ago http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/jeff-blair-show/toronto-fcs-part-isnt-media/

Prof
08-08-2016, 03:12 PM
Why are we "self-defeating" ... Why do North American fans have "inferiority complex". I was on @FAN590 moments ago http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/jeff-blair-show/toronto-fcs-part-isnt-media/

It is obvious to me that there is a conspiracy against TFC and MLS and this is a shame. If only we could get 10% of the Jays coverage. Can you image what the attendance at Jays, Raptors or Argos games would be if they got absolutely no game day coverage as they ignore TFC but still get close to 28k to every match.

Yohan
08-08-2016, 03:50 PM
This is some slick vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_mXHNtctpc

Ultra & Proud
08-08-2016, 04:47 PM
This game should be another 3 pts. Houston have trouble scoring goals, despite playing relatively well defensively. Only concern is the heat, but if the boys play even 80% of how they've been playing at BMO Field, it should be another win.
If they train here Wednesday & Thursday then they should be ready for it as I think it will be hotter and more humid here.

reggie
08-08-2016, 04:54 PM
This is some slick vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_mXHNtctpc
best TFC vid ever

Ivy
08-08-2016, 06:35 PM
This game is a must win. Houston really struggle scoring goals, and now with Barnes gone, they're even weaker up top.
Good defensive side, but if TFC keeps up the pressure, goals will come.
3-1 TFC

Richard
08-08-2016, 06:38 PM
Classic trap game though, especially if it gets hot.

Super
08-08-2016, 06:40 PM
Giovinco turns it on and we win. That's the formula. Keep it going!

OgtheDim
08-08-2016, 07:09 PM
Game comes at a weird time. Of the next 3 away games, this is the one we should not mind losing points on; Western away game points are all bonus time.

Yes, Houston is not good. But, Houston has only lost once at home all season - they are 4-1-5. They find a way to get points at home. On our form, I think we can take this. And it will not be easy. Patience and concentration.

AFCB+TFC
08-08-2016, 08:56 PM
Wonder if Altidore will get the start finally, were a much better side when he's on the field.

Good to have Bradley back fully fit, his ability to work out of tight spaces and execute long passes are key for us.

When will Irwin, Johnson and Cheyrou be fully healthy?

DinamoTFC
08-08-2016, 10:40 PM
I hope we win so we can break a club record. We've never won 5 consecutive matches.

Ultra & Proud
08-09-2016, 06:58 AM
Wonder if Altidore will get the start finally?

If it's as hot as people think it will be then I wouldn't start him yet but I'd look at giving him 35-40 minutes depending on the situation.

Detroit_TFC
08-09-2016, 08:23 AM
Classic trap game though, especially if it gets hot.

Well, I thought the game vs NER was going to be a trap game, so I don't know any more. Based on Houston's record at home, it could be, but given the current form, good chance for a draw.

AFCB+TFC
08-09-2016, 09:14 AM
If it's as hot as people think it will be then I wouldn't start him yet but I'd look at giving him 35-40 minutes depending on the situation.

Ah good point I hadn't factored in the weather, better safe than sorry!

Oldtimer
08-09-2016, 09:15 AM
TFC doesn't do as well in the heat.

ManUtd4ever
08-09-2016, 09:18 AM
TFC doesn't do as well in the heat.

They've been getting a lot of practice lately though.

jason
08-09-2016, 10:16 AM
Living in Texas, this is a must see match. I will be in Houston supporting the boys and 3 points are expected. A Seba goal or two would be icing on the cake. It is going to be hot though. Little boys who lie grow up to be weathermen and the local weatherman is saying Saturday will be 99 degrees F 37 degrees C.

OgtheDim
08-09-2016, 11:00 AM
Sounds like a good idea to do the Red Stripe shirts.

Yohan
08-09-2016, 11:15 AM
http://www.proreferees.com/2016-mls-regular-season-assignments---week-23.php

The ref is Hilarious Grajeda. The guy who had a horrid game last week for LA-NYRB

Richard
08-09-2016, 11:33 AM
http://www.proreferees.com/2016-mls-regular-season-assignments---week-23.php

The ref is Hilarious Grajeda. The guy who had a horrid game last week for LA-NYRB

Oh that's great. This game almost feels like a write off. I know were all high on TFC right now, and rightfully so, but this one feels like a classic mid summer debacle. You got a terrible referee, blazing heat, garbage team who is probably going to hack our players and the referee is going to be the star of the show.

That being said TFC probably win 3-0. LOL g:D

Yohan
08-09-2016, 11:50 AM
TFC has only won once in Houston. Drew 5 times though

Kamp Berg
08-09-2016, 11:50 AM
I know I am being way too overly confident, but at this point it seems almost impossible for defences in MLS to stop Jozy and Seba short of straight fouling them. With the way the whole team is clicking lately it's unleashed a beast of a front line (Ricketts included) 💥

mistercorporate
08-09-2016, 12:10 PM
This game will be important, we need to have a stronger away record to be truly elite. Almost everyone has great home results it seems. I'm just happy we're likely to get a home playoff date!!

T-boy
08-09-2016, 12:17 PM
They've been getting a lot of practice lately though.

Mind you, the Houston "low" is 28 degrees this week. These evening games at BMO have had a nice cool temp by kick off. That won't happen in Houston. It's gonna be a sauna whatever time of day!

Joe Kool
08-09-2016, 12:42 PM
It is interesting reading other MLS teams' fan reactions as of late. Columbus, New England and now Houston fans going on about how they think their teams are basically throwing in the towel and some are contemplating renewing of tickets again already and some are trying to weather the storm hoping the team will make it right in the offseason but have already written off this season. Sound familiar? We had years of that. Nice to be the favourite coming into games for a change even though this is MLS and anything can happen on gameday like the San Jose game. Just feels good these days to be a TFC fan which we couldn't always say and we can empathize with these other fans now that they are going through it. Took us alot of years to not be the butt of all MLS jokes. Feels good to have some respect. I think the boys can pull this one out this weekend. Let's go REDS!

Areathrasher
08-09-2016, 12:43 PM
It is interesting reading other MLS teams' fan reactions as of late. Columbus, New England and now Houston fans going on about how they think their teams are basically throwing in the towel and some are contemplating renewing of tickets again already and some are trying to weather the storm hoping the team will make it right in the offseason but have already written off this season. Sound familiar? We had years of that. Nice to be the favourite coming into games for a change even though this is MLS and anything can happen on gameday like the San Jose game. Just feels good these days to be a TFC fan which we couldn't always say and we can empathize with these other fans now that they are going through it. Took us alot of years to not be the butt of all MLS jokes. Feels good to have some respect. I think the boys can pull this one out this weekend. Let's go REDS!

Yup, Berhalter and Heaps deathwatches going on :lol:

Oldtimer
08-09-2016, 12:51 PM
I know I am being way too overly confident, but at this point it seems almost impossible for defences in MLS to stop Jozy and Seba short of straight fouling them.

Don't worry, they'll foul them and the ref will give our players yellows instead for "diving."

Oldtimer
08-09-2016, 01:06 PM
Yup, Berhalter and Heaps deathwatches going on :lol:

You are not kidding, the "fire Berhalter" thread is over 23 pages and 500 posts long! I feel their pain, we've been there.

http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/fire-berhalter.2031671/

(http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/fire-berhalter.2031671/)

BelfastBoy
08-09-2016, 01:21 PM
It is obvious to me that there is a conspiracy against TFC and MLS and this is a shame. If only we could get 10% of the Jays coverage. Can you image what the attendance at Jays, Raptors or Argos games would be if they got absolutely no game day coverage as they ignore TFC but still get close to 28k to every match.

MLS receives decent coverage in the UK like on Sky Sports - because its MORE football. You see kids with LA Galaxy jerseys..

I get that feeling that people here are like ' well its not Premier League, La Liga etc. so its crap'. When in actuall fact MLS is mid-range in global terms.

P.S. Mad Caddies rule!

C.Ronaldo
08-09-2016, 01:46 PM
I know I am being way too overly confident, but at this point it seems almost impossible for defences in MLS to stop Jozy and Seba short of straight fouling them. With the way the whole team is clicking lately it's unleashed a beast of a front line (Ricketts included) 

Jozy is obviously the superior player but having rickets our there changes EVERYTHING, and his addition shouldn't be overlooked. His speed opens up time and space for SEBA, and he also tracks back. Knowing he only plays 40-60 minutes allows him run balls out.

Yohan
08-09-2016, 01:57 PM
If I was Vanney, I would op for a more conservative approach to this game, to save energy for full 90 and try to hit on counter. And use Altidore for hold up play to start, sub in Ricketts somewhere around 60-65 min mark to run at tired Houston defender as an impact sub.

Yohan
08-09-2016, 04:21 PM
MLS receives decent coverage in the UK like on Sky Sports - because its MORE football. You see kids with LA Galaxy jerseys..

I get that feeling that people here are like ' well its not Premier League, La Liga etc. so its crap'. When in actuall fact MLS is mid-range in global terms.

P.S. Mad Caddies rule!
Being on Skysports for games and media coverage in England... there is a small, but growing numbers of Brits that's taking an interest in MLS. They happen to catch a game (midnight isn't that late on a Sat) and say it's not that bad. Some check out MLS out of sheer curiousity and stick with it. (like those finding toronto podcast guys)

I enjoy Skysports and the Guardian coverage of MLS. It's interesting to read what Brits think of MLS for a different perspective.
Some guys follow MLS hard enough to do a show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMwhJAsuAaQ

There is no such thing as a bad PR...

TFC/Everton
08-09-2016, 04:39 PM
You are not kidding, the "fire Berhalter" thread is over 23 pages and 500 posts long! I feel their pain, we've been there.

http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/fire-berhalter.2031671/

(http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/fire-berhalter.2031671/)

And they are arguing like we do when times are bad. Can't believe that team was in the cup final last year.

AFCB+TFC
08-09-2016, 05:04 PM
The MLS show is garbage in my opinion. Baz is pretty reasonable but doesn't have anything more than mediocre knowledge whilst Ped is a moron. The way Ped talks about Jozy you can tell he has no understanding of the game. Even when Baz talks about Jozy he doesn't rate him much either. Just because he flopped in the Premier League doesn't mean he isn't a very good MLS player, which anyone who watches nearly all our games and has half a brain could tell you. Neither of them even mention his hold up play or how he pulls defenders off Giovinco. Or that he makes good runs and has good combination play with Seba.

Not to mention Ped is an attention whore who's annoying as fuck and always interrupts Baz.

Richard
08-09-2016, 05:59 PM
^^^ Yeah I have to agree. I watched the whole thing to give them a shot at redeeming themselves but they really don't know what they're talking about, especially the idiot on the left.

Richard
08-09-2016, 06:00 PM
You know the best part of this good run of games is that were going to get Johnson and Cheyrou back in the near future, that's two veteran tough as nails player who can give this team a
chance at a deep playoff run, there is no reason we cant win the whole thing when we have a player like Giovinco here.

backbeat
08-09-2016, 08:48 PM
You know the best part of this good run of games is that were going to get Johnson and Cheyrou back in the near future, that's two veteran tough as nails player who can give this team a
chance at a deep playoff run, there is no reason we cant win the whole thing when we have a player like Giovinco here.

and Irwin as well...liking our chances...and loving how we were able to keep pace while they (et al) were gone

AFCB+TFC
08-09-2016, 08:58 PM

Agreed, with the team we have it should be MLS cup or bust. Would take our squad on paper over any other in the league.

molenshtain
08-09-2016, 09:55 PM
Agreed, with the team we have it should be MLS cup or bust. Would take our squad on paper over any other in the league.

I'd be careful with setting expectations too high. I agree that that is our ceiling right now, but a deep playoff run and a first round bye is probably where we're at right now. when we make our #10 signing in the off-season, that's when we'll be cup or bust. That's the way the roster was constructed.

AFCB+TFC
08-09-2016, 11:47 PM
I'd be careful with setting expectations too high. I agree that that is our ceiling right now, but a deep playoff run and a first round bye is probably where we're at right now. when we make our #10 signing in the off-season, that's when we'll be cup or bust. That's the way the roster was constructed.

You make a good point about needing a #10 signing but this is MLS and every team is going to have an achilles heel or at the very least a subpar area due to the salary cap. I wouldn't be upset if we make at least the conference finals but I think this team is good enough to win the league once we get everyone healthy.

I agree next year with that #10 signing we will have an even better shot though (as long we can keep the current squad together)

OgtheDim
08-10-2016, 06:07 AM
We as TFC supporters don't have enough experience in the playoffs to be able to judge how tough it is. My understanding from listening to other team's supporters is the playoffs are a crap shoot and nobody should expect anything.

The realistic goal is top 2 and a home playoff game. Anything else would be a bonus this season. IF we ended up in 3rd or 4th with a home playoff that would be building on last season and probably OK. 5th or 6th and we havn't really advanced.

Oldtimer
08-10-2016, 06:55 AM

I'd take LA with their "cap, what's a cap, we're LA" squad first. Our squad has good depth and balance for an MLS team though and could go far.

Oldtimer
08-10-2016, 06:57 AM
We as TFC supporters don't have enough experience in the playoffs to be able to judge how tough it is. My understanding from listening to other team's supporters is the playoffs are a crap shoot and nobody should expect anything.

The realistic goal is top 2 and a home playoff game. Anything else would be a bonus this season. IF we ended up in 3rd or 4th with a home playoff that would be building on last season and probably OK. 5th or 6th and we havn't really advanced.

A good and timely warning before we get carried away.

C.Ronaldo
08-10-2016, 09:58 AM
Being on Skysports for games and media coverage in England... there is a small, but growing numbers of Brits that's taking an interest in MLS. They happen to catch a game (midnight isn't that late on a Sat) and say it's not that bad. Some check out MLS out of sheer curiousity and stick with it. (like those finding toronto podcast guys)

I enjoy Skysports and the Guardian coverage of MLS. It's interesting to read what Brits think of MLS for a different perspective.
Some guys follow MLS hard enough to do a show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMwhJAsuAaQ

There is no such thing as a bad PR...

I was not able to listen past 2 minutes.

I dont get to use this term often but what a bunch of wankers

gmacpheetfc
08-10-2016, 10:14 AM
I was not able to listen past 2 minutes.

I dont get to use this term often but what a bunch of wankers

They're jokes what are you talking about.

AFCB+TFC
08-10-2016, 12:13 PM
I'd take LA with their "cap, what's a cap, we're LA" squad first. Our squad has good depth and balance for an MLS team though and could go far.

You could definitely make the argument LA is a bit better but I think it's pretty comparable but we have a much better keeper and better DP's. Slight edge to TFC in my opinion.

Oldtimer
08-10-2016, 12:37 PM
You could definitely make the argument LA is a bit better but I think it's pretty comparable but we have a much better keeper and better DP's. Slight edge to TFC in my opinion.

It's close. Giovinco is Giovinco, nobody better in the league. Bradley and even Altidore are strong players. However, LA besides their 3 DPs (Gerrard, Keene, Dos Santos) mysteriously fits in Nigel de Jong and Gyasi Zardes, and their whole team is way over budget. TAM? Garber bucks? Who knows? That gives a strength to their squad that makes them hard to beat. Toronto has some really good young players though that helps close that gap at low cost. I'd give the slight edge to LA, but it can be debated.

Derko
08-10-2016, 01:49 PM
Why is almost the entire second page of this 'Houston vs. TFC game thread' dedicated to 2 knobs from the UK, and LA Galaxy's fucking budget.

I think TFC have a great chance at 3 points on Saturday

Areathrasher
08-10-2016, 02:07 PM
You're right.Don't want to sidetrack the convo so deleted my post about the Galaxy.

Anyways....

Dynamo fans are pretty down about their chances this weekend it seems.

GhostKiller
08-10-2016, 03:03 PM
--------Gio-------Altidore-------
----------Chapman------------
----Oso-------------Endoh-----
-----------Bradley-------------
--Morrow--Zavs---moor---Biet--
---------------Bono-------------

Bench: Ricketts, Hag, Delgado, Hamilton, Bloom, Q

Oldtimer
08-10-2016, 03:16 PM

Ricketts in for Altidore in the 60th minute, maybe?

OgtheDim
08-10-2016, 03:25 PM

Yes...speed in the heat kills.

Ultra & Proud
08-10-2016, 03:26 PM
LA might be tough to match up with seeing as they have 7 DPs but I am looking forward to seeing our depth come through in the CCL next year. If we keep things together all the young guys will have a good season under their belts and I'd like to see how we fair.

PopePouri
08-10-2016, 03:44 PM

Swat Endoh with Delgado most likely.

C.Ronaldo
08-10-2016, 03:53 PM
Agreed

Delgado has earned his sport over Endoh

GhostKiller
08-10-2016, 04:44 PM
Either one who starts I think we will see Endoh and delgado subbing for one another. Same with Jozy for Ricketts and Oso for Hag, bloom or Morgan

Ivy
08-10-2016, 07:33 PM
LA might be tough to match up with seeing as they have 7 DPs but I am looking forward to seeing our depth come through in the CCL next year. If we keep things together all the young guys will have a good season under their belts and I'd like to see how we fair.
You must be excited to lose 4 guys to the expansion drafts then :P

portu
08-10-2016, 08:03 PM
You must be excited to lose 4 guys to the expansion drafts then :P
isn't the max u can lose 2?

molenshtain
08-10-2016, 08:06 PM
Yes^

Ivy
08-10-2016, 08:59 PM
Per team, no? There's 2 teams entering next year.

molenshtain
08-10-2016, 09:04 PM
Per team, no? There's 2 teams entering next year.

It's just Atlanta coming next year. LAFC and maybe Minnesota the year after.

Richard
08-10-2016, 09:09 PM
Oh yes the expansion draft, where we take your players that you develop for our benefit because were totally all for socialism, if it makes money that is(parity), who cares about the competitive spirit of the game. :facepalm:

GTFO with that concept.

mistercorporate
08-10-2016, 09:14 PM

I'd rathe Ricketts for Endoh and keep Altidore on the pitch. Ricketts will be a great super sub till he gets to full match fitness.

molenshtain
08-10-2016, 09:19 PM
Whole point is the competitive spirit of the game. No real harm in letting a new club getting two squad players so they aren't signing USL and NASL players to fill out there squad for the first year or two, leaving them shit and at the bottom of the pack to start off. Sure fire way of killing any momentum you've built on your way in. It's also a good way to get unwanted squad players off your roster.

Ivy
08-10-2016, 09:22 PM
I'd love to be in the room when they explain to Seba that Atlanta took 2 players for free. Just because.

Ivy
08-10-2016, 09:23 PM
Whole point is the competitive spirit of the game. No real harm in letting a new club getting two squad players so they aren't signing USL and NASL players to fill out there squad for the first year or two, leaving them shit and at the bottom of the pack to start off. Sure fire way of killing any momentum you've built on your way in. It's also a good way to get unwanted squad players off your roster.
except these teams aren't stupid... They don't take trash (usually). And who do we have on our roster that we'd be OK with getting taken?

notthesun
08-10-2016, 09:44 PM
except these teams aren't stupid... They don't take trash (usually). And who do we have on our roster that we'd be OK with getting taken?

Lovitz. And I would be disappointed but I'd survive if we lost Williams, maybe Simonin.

molenshtain
08-10-2016, 09:54 PM

well they'd have to. They don't have any other options to fill out their squad with American players and meet roster requirements.

If the expansion draft was today, my protected list would probably look something like this

Protected:
Seba
Bradley
Johnson
Irwin
Morrow or Morgan
Beitashour
Osorio
Delgado
Endoh
Moor
Hagglund or Zavs

that leaves Ricketts, Bloom, Bono, Roberts, Hamilton, Balbouli, Altidore, Williams, Chapman, Mannella, Simonin, Cheyrou Lovitz and two of Hagglund, Zavs, Morrow and Morgan. Bono is a GA, so he's automatically protected. Same goes for Hamilton, Chapman, Mannella and Roberts because they're still on their homegrown contracts.

So that leaves us with Ricketts, Bloom, Williams, Simonin, Cheyrou, Lovitz, Altidore, Hagglund or Zavs, Morrow or Morgan. Ricketts, Morgan and Simonin would be internationals on Atlanta, so a good bet they wouldn't take them. Cheyrou will be 35, I doubt they'd take him. It's a gamble, but I assume Atlanta will think they can get better value on their dp's then what they would get for Altidore (they also just signed an expensive target man in Kenwyne Jones). Then there's just Lovitz, Bloom, Williams, Hagglund or Zavs, and Morrow. Those guys are expendable. nice guys to have on the squad, but not at all the end of the world if we have to give them up. We'd probably end up losing Bloom (he was at Atlanta before, and presumably wants to get back to his wife and newborn, who are stationed in North Florida) and one of our cb's.

Anyway, we should get back on topic. I think this is a classic trap game. Heat, tough defense, both mentally and physically tired squad. 1-0 Houston.

portu
08-10-2016, 10:07 PM
Actually if you look at the last expansion draft very few players are doing at all well

portu
08-10-2016, 10:14 PM
Oh yes the expansion draft, where we take your players that you develop for our benefit because were totally all for socialism, if it makes money that is(parity), who cares about the competitive spirit of the game. :facepalm:

GTFO with that concept.
I think in this case the league would be much better off in terms of preventing the dilution of talent if they let expansion teams not have to put transfer fees on their cap for a full year plus anytime prior. I think that would allow them to bring new players into the league on transfers that usually wouldn't happen because the fees would create insane cap hits. For example, players from NASL USL and Central America that might be classified as DP's or warrant high cap hits would be brought into the league and increase the amount of talent rather than dilute it, in this manner. Not to mention this would allow teams to keep the talent they've acquired/developed, though I do believe in the overall "socialist" policy of the league.

jason
08-11-2016, 07:12 AM
I do think the Houston fans are down on their team right now. I received a text offer from the Dynamo yesterday for special $30 tickets. I expect a half empty stadium. Look for our reds shirts second level.

Areathrasher
08-11-2016, 08:14 AM
FYI, there's been talk that there won't be an expansion draft and they will just give Minny and Atlanta extra allocation money and international spots.

ag futbol
08-11-2016, 08:27 AM
I'd rathe Ricketts for Endoh and keep Altidore on the pitch. Ricketts will be a great super sub till he gets to full match fitness.
Altidore injury history plus 35 degree heat makes me speculative of that plan. I'd say give him 45 minutes tops - it's one game.

Ruffian
08-11-2016, 08:54 AM
well they'd have to. They don't have any other options to fill out their squad with American players and meet roster requirements.

If the expansion draft was today, my protected list would probably look something like this

Protected:
Seba
Bradley
Johnson
Irwin
Morrow or Morgan
Beitashour
Osorio
Delgado
Endoh
Moor
Hagglund or Zavs

that leaves Ricketts, Bloom, Bono, Roberts, Hamilton, Balbouli, Altidore, Williams, Chapman, Mannella, Simonin, Cheyrou Lovitz and two of Hagglund, Zavs, Morrow and Morgan. Bono is a GA, so he's automatically protected. Same goes for Hamilton, Chapman, Mannella and Roberts because they're still on their homegrown contracts.

So that leaves us with Ricketts, Bloom, Williams, Simonin, Cheyrou, Lovitz, Altidore, Hagglund or Zavs, Morrow or Morgan. Ricketts, Morgan and Simonin would be internationals on Atlanta, so a good bet they wouldn't take them. Cheyrou will be 35, I doubt they'd take him. It's a gamble, but I assume Atlanta will think they can get better value on their dp's then what they would get for Altidore (they also just signed an expensive target man in Kenwyne Jones). Then there's just Lovitz, Bloom, Williams, Hagglund or Zavs, and Morrow. Those guys are expendable. nice guys to have on the squad, but not at all the end of the world if we have to give them up. We'd probably end up losing Bloom (he was at Atlanta before, and presumably wants to get back to his wife and newborn, who are stationed in North Florida) and one of our cb's.

Anyway, we should get back on topic. I think this is a classic trap game. Heat, tough defense, both mentally and physically tired squad. 1-0 Houston.

This should be Bez's list also. Seems like this list will make us not to lose a lot of our depth.

molenshtain
08-11-2016, 09:11 AM
FYI, there's been talk that there won't be an expansion draft and they will just give Minny and Atlanta extra allocation money and international spots.

Hadn't heard about that. Interesting if true. The biggest thing the expansion draft does is allow new teams to fill out their depth charts pretty handily with domestic players, something every successful team needs to do in this league. I don't know if the other option you mention would give us the same outcome.

Areathrasher
08-11-2016, 09:13 AM
Hadn't heard about that. Interesting if true. The biggest thing the expansion draft does is allow new teams to fill out their depth charts pretty handily with domestic players, something every successful team needs to do in this league. I don't know if the other option you mention would give us the same outcome.

Minny coming into the league gets announced next week. Should be some clarity around what's going to happen soon.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-11-2016, 09:45 AM

Heres hoping. The expansion draft is ridiculous considering there are players for this sport that could play in this league all over the world.

PopePouri
08-11-2016, 09:46 AM
This should be Bez's list also. Seems like this list will make us not to lose a lot of our depth.

They'd probably protect Morrow than Morgan. Morgan would be an international and most likely wouldn't get picked up. Also Zavs is ahead of Hagglund on the depth chart.

GhostKiller
08-11-2016, 09:49 AM
Altidore injury history plus 35 degree heat makes me speculative of that plan. I'd say give him 45 minutes tops - it's one game.
I agree. Vanny knows that if Altidore picks up another injury this year he is done. He's using him very sparingly and it's working. He's scored twice since coming on as a super sub and he has useful backups in Ricketts and Jham. No need to push him.

Ultra & Proud
08-11-2016, 10:44 AM
I agree. Vanny knows that if Altidore picks up another injury this year he is done. He's using him very sparingly and it's working. He's scored twice since coming on as a super sub and he has useful backups in Ricketts and Jham. No need to push him.
And they're calling for thunderstorms at match time so if the pitch is sloppy like it usually is when wet down there, I'd sit Jozy.

OgtheDim
08-11-2016, 11:08 AM
Hmm....Beitashour might be out for this one.

https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/763760558168506368

Leading to

https://twitter.com/DanRiccio590/status/763762290906701824

Joe Kool
08-11-2016, 11:32 AM

Leading to

I take it they don't trust a straight swap putting in Bloom for Beitashour? Doesn't say much about the depth if the team would rather change a formation versus putting in a backup right back.

Areathrasher
08-11-2016, 11:42 AM
You missed the game last Saturday?

OgtheDim
08-11-2016, 11:54 AM
Crap...its his hip. I always have a bad feeling about hip injuries.

https://twitter.com/DanRiccio590/status/763771749410435072

mistercorporate
08-11-2016, 11:59 AM

Yes, molenshtain made an excellent list.

mistercorporate
08-11-2016, 12:01 PM

Leading to

3 defenders, an excellent Italian style formation for teams with elite defenders. This is why our little Italian scored so many goals, tons of support and distractions for him to have his way!

KurtLarSUN
08-11-2016, 12:11 PM
I was up at training on Wednesday. I wouldn't be surprised if Toronto FC started Saturday's match in a 5-3-2, with Bloom/Morgan wide, though Morrow could still start.

PopePouri
08-11-2016, 12:21 PM
I take it they don't trust a straight swap putting in Bloom for Beitashour? Doesn't say much about the depth if the team would rather change a formation versus putting in a backup right back.

Why? Bloom started the last game just fine in a 3-5-2. Morrow now comes in and plays LB, move Bloom to RB, start Jozy.

KGH
08-11-2016, 12:50 PM
Horst has been suspended for the match.

notthesun
08-11-2016, 12:50 PM
No David Horst for Houston, he was just suspended for this match by the DisCo after an elbow to the head of Bernier last week.

Joe Kool
08-11-2016, 12:57 PM
Why? Bloom started the last game just fine in a 3-5-2. Morrow now comes in and plays LB, move Bloom to RB, start Jozy.

I agree.

Oldtimer
08-12-2016, 09:24 AM
A 0-0 tie looks like the most likely outcome.

Ben - D.O.W.
08-12-2016, 11:46 AM
A 0-0 tie looks like the most likely outcome.

I don't know about that - we haven't had a 0-0 draw in the league since May vs Columbus, I feel like this team just isn't made for them this year. We've only had one other all year (vs Montreal in the 2nd leg of the Canadian Championship).

I'm going 2-1 Toronto, with Altidore scoring the winner.

OgtheDim
08-13-2016, 07:29 AM
Game Day :scarf:

ensco
08-13-2016, 07:38 AM
Forecast is for heavy thunderstorms.

mistercorporate
08-13-2016, 08:12 AM
Forecast is for heavy thunderstorms.

Should cool things a bit, but makes attacking harder. In Seba we trust.

DinamoTFC
08-13-2016, 09:36 AM
Let's break this club record, get that 5th win in a row and hopefully some media will notice.

Prof
08-13-2016, 10:43 AM
Let's break this club record, get that 5th win in a row and hopefully some media will notice.

It could be 19 games in a row. The main stream media will never report positively on TFC. Think of all the awful Leaf, Blue Jay, Raptors, Argos teams of the past and how much the media was acting as cheerleaders, but with TFC now winning no coverage. When TFC is bad they attack. For some odd reason they are afraid of TFC.

ronzilla
08-13-2016, 10:47 AM
http://toronto-mp7static.mlsdigital.net/elfinderimages/Houston%20Projected%20XI.png

Pint
08-13-2016, 10:54 AM
It could be 19 games in a row. The main stream media will never report positively on TFC. Think of all the awful Leaf, Blue Jay, Raptors, Argos teams of the past and how much the media was acting as cheerleaders, but with TFC now winning no coverage. When TFC is bad they attack. For some odd reason they are afraid of TFC.

The media in Toronto does nothing but shit on the leafs for everything they do. At no point in my 28 years on this planet have they acted as cheerleaders for them.

Jays and raptors yes

mistercorporate
08-13-2016, 11:53 AM
Altidore over Ricketts, Ricketts over Delgado. We need an early goal, then they'll be hungry for some blood!

http://toronto-mp7static.mlsdigital.net/elfinderimages/Houston%20Projected%20XI.png

Pint
08-13-2016, 12:21 PM
Looks like bloom is out for tonight, could be interesting if beit can't go.

Ivy
08-13-2016, 12:23 PM
Looks like bloom is out for tonight, could be interesting if beit can't go.
Bloom is back in :P

Pint
08-13-2016, 12:44 PM
Bloom is back in :P

I think that's the reason he is out

Neverending saw Molinaro say he is with team.

08-13-2016, 12:59 PM
Go TFC
Go Columbus :puke:

Auzzy
08-13-2016, 01:22 PM
Mark Bloom is with TFC in Houston, heading back to wife & kids after the game. No idea how focussed he'll be though, if he is playing:

https://twitter.com/markbloom21/status/764486791231483905

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJDeNG6honX/

Derko
08-13-2016, 03:23 PM

Zoomer radio mentioned the TFC match in Houston on their sports broadcast this afternoon:scarf::drum:

Prof
08-13-2016, 05:44 PM
The media in Toronto does nothing but shit on the leafs for everything they do. At no point in my 28 years on this planet have they acted as cheerleaders for them.

Jays and raptors yes

Good times are coming for Leafs, sooner than you think: FeschukToronto's coming auditions will make the Leafs one of the teams to watch down the stretch.
https://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/2016/02/28/good-times-are-coming-for-leafs-sooner-than-you-think-feschuk.html

ronzilla
08-13-2016, 07:08 PM
https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/764612696822034432

https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/764613036279631873

Weather: Its currently pouring buckets.

Pint
08-13-2016, 07:11 PM
Good times are coming for Leafs, sooner than you think: FeschukToronto's coming auditions will make the Leafs one of the teams to watch down the stretch.
https://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/2016/02/28/good-times-are-coming-for-leafs-sooner-than-you-think-feschuk.html

Feschuk is an abomination of a journalist so that may be why I haven't seen those. Same reason I don't read Cathal Kelly.

mistercorporate
08-13-2016, 07:13 PM
I wonder why Ricketts is on the bench, wouldn't he be more useful than Delgado in the midfield? Shouldn't we go in with our best players for the initial goal or two?

notthesun
08-13-2016, 07:15 PM
I wonder why Ricketts is on the bench, wouldn't he be more useful than Delgado in the midfield? Shouldn't we go in with our best players for the initial goal or two?

Ricketts isn't a midfielder. No way I'd play him there ahead of Delgado, or pretty much any midfielder on our roster.

mistercorporate
08-13-2016, 07:24 PM
NYRB leading Montreal 3-1 after the half, a good result for us, one less team to look over our shoulder on the way to the Supporters Shield *fingers crossed*.

portu
08-13-2016, 07:26 PM
Ugh lightning/rain delay looming why does this always happen when we're in Texas???

ronzilla
08-13-2016, 07:30 PM
NYRB leading Montreal 3-1 after the half, a good result for us, one less team to look over our shoulder on the way to the Supporters Shield *fingers crossed*.

Im also keepig an eye on the NYC game and its delayed due to lightnng.

Houston looks bad too

https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/764616388413526016

tfcocd
08-13-2016, 07:39 PM
https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/764612696822034432

https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/764613036279631873

Weather: Its currently pouring buckets.

Is this another texas marathon like last year when they stopped the game for 3 hours and then seba scored a couple after the break to make it look close?

Think I passed out during that one, woke up and the game was still on.

Big difference, to name a few, is TFC was on a 3 game losing streak going in and had some serious keeper issues.

Onward and upward!

CBTFC
08-13-2016, 07:55 PM
Flooding advisory for the Houston area, and it's supposed to be raining like a mofo for the next few hours.

I'd be surprised if this match starts on time, if at all.

gracos2015
08-13-2016, 08:13 PM
Why are they showing CFL on TSN; it would be nice if they did an MLS recap show instead

KRO
08-13-2016, 08:31 PM
If you look at the weather radar this game is not being played tonight. Storms don't clear till about 4 am.

MartinUtd
08-13-2016, 08:55 PM
Yeah I was just checking the radars too. This isn't happening any time soon

https://weather.com/weather/radar/interactive/l/USTX0617:1:US?animation=true&layer=radarConus&zoom=8

PAOK17
08-13-2016, 09:12 PM
All they need is for the lighting to stop and the rain to let up, assuming the pitch is still playable.

PizzaEatingYeti
08-13-2016, 09:18 PM
They are going to play tom. morning at 10 AM local time instead.

mistercorporate
08-13-2016, 09:21 PM
They are going to play tom. morning at 10 AM local time instead.

https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/764646187328679938

https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/764645084511875072

Oldtimer
08-13-2016, 09:30 PM
Pitch is being inspected now.

ronzilla
08-13-2016, 09:32 PM
Is TSN going to peter-out on the game?

PAOK17
08-13-2016, 09:34 PM
Is TSN going to peter-out on the game?
Just realized they could do that since the Ti-Cats game is on at 11, right?

sn0re
08-13-2016, 09:37 PM
TFC might as well announce Armando Cooper signing with this delay..

CBTFC
08-13-2016, 09:42 PM
This is lame...I could understand waiting it out this long if it was earlier in the day, but it's already 9:30pm local time.

C'mon MLS, do the right thing and just cancel the match for tonight and re-schedule it for tomorrow

ronzilla
08-13-2016, 09:47 PM

I have no idea. Hope not.

Just found a few streams just in case

http://cricfree.tv/watch/live/toronto-fc-vs-houston-dynamo-live-streaming

http://firstsrowsports.eu/soccer/first-houston-dynamo-toronto-fc-row6ba653

http://wiz1.net/channel64

http://realstreamunited.tv/soccer/houston-dynamo-toronto-fc-rsu30f1c5?l=1676505330

Eastend
08-13-2016, 09:48 PM

Hamilton v BC actually started @ 10pm and is on 3 other channels. SHOULD be ok if it does start.

CBTFC
08-13-2016, 09:50 PM
It should/will be on TSN 4.

notthesun
08-13-2016, 10:00 PM
Another lightning strike. This may actually not happen tonight.

notthesun
08-13-2016, 10:07 PM
https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/764657863075573760

PAOK17
08-13-2016, 10:16 PM
Sounds like the firm decision will be in 20 minutes. the latest the game can kick off is 11 pm CT.

Based on Dynamo tweets:

https://twitter.com/HoustonDynamo

mistercorporate
08-13-2016, 10:16 PM
https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/764659055113547779

ronzilla
08-13-2016, 10:17 PM
https://twitter.com/HoustonDynamo/status/764659337432215552

PAOK17
08-13-2016, 10:25 PM
Another massive lightning strike apparently. Doesn't look good

CBTFC
08-13-2016, 10:30 PM
This isn't that complicated. If I can see the giant storm over the Houston area on my smartphone app from a couple thousand km's away, then surely they know what the area is like there at the stadium.

Just make the call already, really disrespectful to fans. Dynamo supporters are really giving the team shit on their FB page.

ronzilla
08-13-2016, 10:32 PM
The latest the game could start is 12:00 EST.

OgtheDim
08-13-2016, 10:36 PM
Realistically, this game either goes tomorrow night or later in the season. No way they can play a game during the mid day Texas heat.

PAOK17
08-13-2016, 10:51 PM
i would blame the league more than Houston, I suppose. They're the ones making the decision and taking really long to do so. Probably are cancelling it but figuring out when it will be replayed? Maybe that's the reason for the delayed announcement?

PizzaEatingYeti
08-13-2016, 11:08 PM
The most sense would make to play it tom. evening.

notthesun
08-13-2016, 11:09 PM
https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/764673447536398336

This is going up straight against Bolt & De Grasse in the 100m final

ronzilla
08-13-2016, 11:09 PM

Auzzy
08-13-2016, 11:13 PM
With Beitashour out, I wonder if Mark Bloom will still be available to play tomorrow night, as his wife just had a baby...

OgtheDim
08-13-2016, 11:18 PM

Surely TSN isn't covering that with 5 channels.

flamehawk
08-13-2016, 11:32 PM
With Beitashour out, I wonder if Mark Bloom will still be available to play tomorrow night, as his wife just had a baby...

We may well have to move Morrow to RB, and have Morgan on.

Hamilton_Red
08-14-2016, 12:55 AM

That will be inconvenient for 9.8 seconds or so.

CBTFC
08-14-2016, 06:15 AM

lol ;)

well played

Red CB Toronto
08-14-2016, 06:19 AM
Guess we will have to wait to see what the broadcast plans are for tonight. With Olympic commitments I am curious?

ManUtd4ever
08-14-2016, 08:18 AM
According to the MLS website, the game will be on TSN4 tonight.

jason
08-14-2016, 09:57 AM
Well that really sucked. It was inconvenient for a hell of a lot longer than 9.8 seconds for me. Packed the family and drove three and a half hours to Houston. Waited in the concourse from 7-11pm local time just to drive back home again.

Derko
08-14-2016, 10:01 AM
Well that really sucked. It was inconvenient for a hell of a lot longer than 9.8 seconds for me. Packed the family and drove three and a half hours to Houston. Waited in the concourse from 7-11pm local time just to drive back home again.

Ouch, that bloody well sucks. Feel it for all the travelling fans for both sides :facepalm:

OgtheDim
08-14-2016, 04:07 PM
White shirts tonight, according to the team snapchat

Auzzy
08-14-2016, 06:00 PM

Oh shit that's really awful, sorry to hear that.

Kaz
08-14-2016, 06:28 PM
Guess we will have to wait to see what the broadcast plans are for tonight. With Olympic commitments I am curious?

TSN website says it is on.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/ZDjD_dVhcVicDfqS2VNTC84DIejqPJe0OMLzKDa543csevGsl-M2YXFq_Qj2J5Hy-0lstnaV9FyMJJGw91x6xiS3cgW35YZkWSxhPuUerUZzNhTUwFf 0A9ZjfCUeYK5mADV9PCibNY8OJ4FFBYu6g9VJIAi5jUteZhjhv dvoe3LZ97VqdL-sK_t29aRvvWTrfHN1yQMWI5-cZRZXyvFx2V4FyFJPEvYdaooxsOvOl0CnqNrXwNE4L6jGuPcfR Z8IVLOaYCGW2Mr8vqsp6zz8nXhzNVpTXZq4CQjLr67MKawYThD oD2r6yZi4AHujn0hl-TTxjZTG1spnuQ6FWKrsRpe59eyz2ILiR9IreqNmfsyjY726i8m f3miaxHqsrVXiadayKN3xNxOsJgn6yrIEJyL0CAFhNWa_HmZpV 4JQblWVjfMbvuNdOIg_kCmflsZelNuquEyQDlH84kwoM_j5PGT 1PPuPFOST0y5oxyBUo0iOwhSZXtvoloo5t5UE8l2VUIHiQp6bt YUedG9mbuPRU-HqGIgXuqgFIA9zw0pgltzdktU71jcII5eSDPSUNcJ3U8isAfJY LgDV20JDdtLuAjd-v4N_iJJV=w626-h618-no

ronzilla
08-14-2016, 07:07 PM
wtf..my guide is showing olympics on TSN4.

https://i.imgsafe.org/10620bca51.png

Joe Kool
08-14-2016, 07:24 PM
wtf..my guide is showing olympics on TSN4.

https://i.imgsafe.org/10620bca51.png

My guide on Bell Fibe says Toronto FC at 9pm now in TSN4. Good to go.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-14-2016, 07:27 PM
Mine says the 1966 democratic party convention oh god

Abou Sky
08-14-2016, 07:52 PM

Sorry man, that's nasty.

Kaz
08-14-2016, 07:54 PM
Often the guide data is provided on specific times and isn't updated in real time so a change like this happening between Midnight on a Saturday at 9pm on a Sunday may not update on all broadcast systems. Which is why the TSN website is the best place to know for sure. As it is straight from the horse mouth so to speak.

PizzaEatingYeti
08-14-2016, 08:05 PM
Anyone has stream for tonight?
I watch on giostreams.eu in the last 3-4 months, but I can't find this one on there schedule. :(

Cambassador
08-14-2016, 08:07 PM
Any streamed links? My go to is showing nothing.

molenshtain
08-14-2016, 08:08 PM
Mine says the 1966 democratic party convention oh god

The riots or the actual convention? one of those could conceivably be billed as sports, I guess.

JavierMartini
08-14-2016, 08:10 PM
Any streamed links? My go to is showing nothing.

http://nowwatchtvlive.co/tsn4-live-stream-watch-tsn4-channel-online-free/

this one only works for a little bit.

Search for a tsn4 stream. Not a specific tfc stream

Leedsoronto
08-14-2016, 08:11 PM
I have an Argentine guy hitting a Tumisian guy on TSN4 ? Non of them look like Geo? But one is in red ....

GlenM
08-14-2016, 08:17 PM

Seems to be working now.

Thanks.

GlenM

Bobo
08-14-2016, 08:17 PM
Argh, not Vic "Seba was Sebasational" Rauter.

Onyx
08-14-2016, 08:18 PM
Nothing says TSN dumping MLS at end of the season than unlocking vic from his coffin for a trip to houston

ag futbol
08-14-2016, 08:23 PM
Good grief. I get all the tsn channels at home but when traveling my cable companies app gets me 1,2,3 and 5. Talk about bad luck.

PizzaEatingYeti
08-14-2016, 08:23 PM

Nice!
Thanks.

sully
08-14-2016, 08:24 PM
It's not blocked on mlslive

PizzaEatingYeti
08-14-2016, 08:25 PM
I fcking hate this TFC gear!

PizzaEatingYeti
08-14-2016, 08:26 PM
Huge crowd!!!!
2,000 maybe? Bwahahahaha!

Kaz
08-14-2016, 08:28 PM
ya it better disappear at the end of the season.. it is bah

molenshtain
08-14-2016, 08:31 PM
fuck

Yohan
08-14-2016, 08:32 PM
Huge crowd!!!!
that's what you get for mocking Houston's crowd

1-0 Houston

Detroit_TFC
08-14-2016, 08:32 PM
We need to break into the facility and burn those fucking blue shorts.

Auzzy
08-14-2016, 08:33 PM
Fack, everyone sleeping.

Yes nice that it's not blocked on MLS Live.

Bradley is out of it so far.

Kaz
And I'm going to turn it off.. it is a poor formation, being played poorly.. hopefully they can turn it around.. but when a goal comes like that I turn it off so I don't get angry.

ronzilla
Have to admit, that was a nice goal.

spe18
08-14-2016, 08:35 PM

And just like that, the men's 100m race has just ended!!!!

btw - Bolt wins it in 9.81 seconds, Canadian De Grasse with the bronze!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Detroit_TFC
08-14-2016, 08:36 PM
Doesn't look like Bloom will be able to go back in. This is not good.

QBall
08-14-2016, 08:37 PM
This link is working for me but no commentary:

http://firstrowca.eu/watch/457088/1/watch-houston-dynamo-vs-toronto-fc-.html

ag futbol
08-14-2016, 08:38 PM
That really sucks for bloom. I can see how that would be missed but the defender took out his standing leg with his trailing foot. Bad tackle.

QBall
08-14-2016, 08:39 PM
Huge crowd!!!!

Maybe because the game was moved one day later that people couldn't make it?

Detroit_TFC
08-14-2016, 08:39 PM
The guys need to calm the hell down.

Auzzy
08-14-2016, 08:40 PM
I would like to see a replay of that hit on Altidore.

Many effin sucks for Bloom, worked for ever to come back from injury, and this is how it ends.

PizzaEatingYeti
08-14-2016, 08:42 PM
that's what you get for mocking Houston's crowd

1-0 Houston

WOW, nice crowd!
2,001!
Clap-clap-clap-clap!

ag futbol
08-14-2016, 08:46 PM
Sunday night at what, 8 local time? Not exactly a convenient time and one day's notice to make it. Dare I say we shouldn't be judging.

noimpactinmtl
08-14-2016, 08:46 PM
And I'm going to turn it off.. it is a poor formation, being played poorly.. hopefully they can turn it around.. but when a goal comes like that I turn it off so I don't get angry.

Our only defender on the bench is Morgan. Hagglund is not someone you want as your FB.

PizzaEatingYeti
08-14-2016, 08:47 PM
The worst free kick I ever saw from Gio.
Zero power, zero direction.

molenshtain
08-14-2016, 08:48 PM
Well done Jozy

Detroit_TFC
08-14-2016, 08:48 PM
Yeesssss jozy

PizzaEatingYeti
08-14-2016, 08:49 PM
The big man is back!

Hamilton_Red
08-14-2016, 08:49 PM
We need a come from behind win... Alti - ya beauty! great technical finish.

Auzzy
08-14-2016, 08:52 PM
Beautiful goal by Altidore.

Man fuck it Bradley, that's at least 5 bad passes when there was no need. You're not some genius passer on Barcelona. Calm it down and make passes that are within your ability. And he's leaving WAY too much open space in the defensive midfield. I know he's not the only one screwing up, but I expect more from him.

Everybody has to calm down though. Now there's a chance for the reset after leveling the score.

smtavare
08-14-2016, 08:53 PM
Man, Bradley passes off today, just shit from him so far

Hamilton_Red
08-14-2016, 08:56 PM
Man, Bradley passes off today, just shit from him so far

He was asleep on the goal as well. The play started from the middle he was watching 3 yards too slow.

nonc
08-14-2016, 08:57 PM
I know ppl like to rail on Vic Rauter calling soccer but for me Rauter>>>Gerry Dobson any day.

Auzzy
08-14-2016, 08:59 PM
Did anybody see what happened to Morrow? Houston feed sucks with the lack of some key replays.

smtavare
08-14-2016, 08:59 PM
Why is it that every team seems dangerous in corners against tfc but we just suck shit at them - today was our first goal off a corner in about 1.5yrs - don't we train for these!

smtavare
08-14-2016, 09:01 PM
I miss Cheyrou today, Bradley just shit

Detroit_TFC
08-14-2016, 09:07 PM
Can't wait for Johnson to get back.

Auzzy
08-14-2016, 09:09 PM
Can't wait for Johnson to get back.

Yes good point, I forgot about him. That's one guy we really need tonight.

ronzilla
08-14-2016, 09:10 PM
Red card !!!

Detroit_TFC
08-14-2016, 09:10 PM
Dogso!!!

also, why can't we capitalize anything anymore?

Yohan
08-14-2016, 09:11 PM
that's some nice distribution by Bono to see Giovinco streaking down the pitch

Auzzy
08-14-2016, 09:12 PM
Good that fucker is gone, destroyed Bloom's leg earlier.

flamehawk
08-14-2016, 09:12 PM
Uh oh... red card to Houston... hoping Toronto learnt their lesson from San Jose.

But great kick by Bono

PopePouri
08-14-2016, 09:13 PM
Bono with some crazy distribution there.

MartinUtd
Nice turn of events there, but I'm a bit worried about all these near-injuries. Why was Altidore down briefly? I'm hoping this is just a Houston heat thing.

CBTFC
That was a pure proper rugby tackle by mansally.

He prevented giovinco from scoring that try.

ag futbol
08-14-2016, 09:15 PM
that's some nice distribution by Bono to see Giovinco streaking down the pitch
Yeah big credit to him - he was alert and on the money.

SoccMan2
08-14-2016, 09:15 PM
So TFC now up a man let's hope they can do something with it this time , they couldn't capitalize with two men up the last time lol.

Hugh Jazz
08-14-2016, 09:16 PM
Why was Altidore down briefly? I'm hoping this is just a Houston heat thing.

I'm guessing he went down so that they could get Morgan on.

stevep
08-14-2016, 09:16 PM
before everybody freaks out if tfc does not win
these are the half time odds
1.83 is around 55% probabalilty

Sort By:FavouriteName

Toronto FC (http://www.oddschecker.com/football/world/usa/mls/houston-dynamo-v-toronto-fc/winner/bet-history/toronto-fc/today)

Draw (http://www.oddschecker.com/football/world/usa/mls/houston-dynamo-v-toronto-fc/winner/bet-history/draw/today)

Houston Dynamo (http://www.oddschecker.com/football/world/usa/mls/houston-dynamo-v-toronto-fc/winner/bet-history/houston-dynamo/today)

ronzilla
08-14-2016, 09:17 PM
Down to 10 men. Seba's now licking his lips.

Auzzy
08-14-2016, 09:20 PM
I haven't said much in the grand "Vanney" thread, but I really would like to see if he can influence the game now at halftime. TFC has been crap most of the time. Giving a not-very-good Houston team way more opportunities than they deserve. Numerous TFC players have been bad or invisible. Bradley has been mentioned a few times above, and not in a good way. Giovinco has been off as well; e.g. we can't count on free kick goals tonight. The whole shape doesn't look right most of the time. And now Houston is down a man.

Vanney, can you motivate your team to change their ways for the 2nd half? Can you find a formation that works, after seeing that first half, and now playing against 10 men? Can you find a way to plug the huge holes in our defensive midfield?

burlington Red
Great distribution from Bono on the Mansally red card. Just prior he made a great quick long throw to osario also. Good to see.

Hugh Jazz
Such a big difference when Bradley is off his game - lots of poor passes that should be simple and he seems to be pressuring players way too quickly in the middle much like last year.

Abou Sky
08-14-2016, 09:22 PM
Down to 10 men. Seba's now licking his lips.

He doesn't just want to win, he wants to bury every team and make them fear playing TFC more than anything.

He has 4 hat tricks, league record is 5, $$$ says he at least ties it this year.

Auzzy
08-14-2016, 09:27 PM
Such a big difference when Bradley is off his game - lots of poor passes that should be simple and he seems to be pressuring players way too quickly in the middle much like last year.

Exactly! He often doesn't seem to be aware of where he is, or where is teammates are, when he pressures. E.g. pressuring Houston players aggressively far off to the side of the field, or even in Houston's half, when there are acres of space behind him, and no other TFC midfielders that can help if Houston gets past his aggressive tackle.

Watch Bradley when Houston advances, even when he's not close to the ball. I don't see him turning his head back and forth to see where everybody is positioned, and what dangerous Houston movements are developing. I don't see him calling people out or organizing his other midfielders. He mostly stares at the ball.

Auzzy
08-14-2016, 09:36 PM
Bradley looks better so far 2nd half. Maybe Vanney had a chat with him.

PizzaEatingYeti
08-14-2016, 09:38 PM
TFC, wake the fuck up, you're one man up!
WTF???

MartinUtd
08-14-2016, 09:48 PM
Altidore with a post, but what a ball by Chapman

Detroit_TFC
08-14-2016, 09:50 PM
Chapman in great form.

Eastend
08-14-2016, 09:52 PM
Johnson warming up?

molenshtain
08-14-2016, 09:52 PM
Altidore playing really well tonight.

Yohan
08-14-2016, 09:54 PM
Vanney decides to sub in Ricketts against bunkering Houston. don't like that sub

PizzaEatingYeti
08-14-2016, 09:54 PM
Why the fuck Chapman didnt shot?????

PizzaEatingYeti
08-14-2016, 09:55 PM
Vanney decides to sub in Ricketts against bunkering Houston. don't like that sub
+ 1

smtavare
08-14-2016, 09:57 PM
Chapman, Osario, Delgado, - shoot the fucking ball - When is Cooper coming? #needCAM

mowe
08-14-2016, 09:57 PM
This is so frustrating...

PizzaEatingYeti
08-14-2016, 09:58 PM
Bradley every once in a while is giving some horrendous passes.

smtavare
08-14-2016, 09:58 PM
Fuckin Bradley

smtavare
08-14-2016, 09:59 PM
I sense a tie or loss - this will be on Vanney - a little Bradley too

smtavare
08-14-2016, 10:02 PM
Houston has more solid chances than TFC - unacceptable

smtavare
08-14-2016, 10:04 PM
Where are all you Vanney band wagoners now! Calling KurtLarson? - last place Houston with man down

marquis
Vanney is an idiot. This is so frustrating to watch. He needs to go, regardless if we end up winning tonight.

PizzaEatingYeti
This is clueless how to play with 1 man up for TFC.
Again.

MartinUtd
08-14-2016, 10:06 PM
What the hell are we doing with all these crosses?

MartinUtd
08-14-2016, 10:07 PM
Hagglund... jesus christ, learn how to defend a set piece that's not a header

Onyx
08-14-2016, 10:08 PM
Where are all you Vanney band wagoners now! Calling KurtLarson? - last place Houston with man down

i can't believe Houston is last place club when clubs have to come down and play in 38C heat all summer

DSouzaZ
08-14-2016, 10:11 PM
It actually makes no sense that Vanney took off Jozy, when a team is sitting that deep, how exactly do you plan on using Ricketts speed to get in behind?

Auzzy
08-14-2016, 10:11 PM
Argh this is a fucking disgrace.

Hamilton_Red
08-14-2016, 10:13 PM
We are unable to come form behind. Unable to play against teams that are down a man. Repeatedly. Coaching issue. Gio should have been subbed...Bradley meh...