PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia Away - August 20

Blkndkr
07-25-2016, 07:00 PM
Giving some thought to driving down to Philly for the game next month. Anyone been down there for a match? Worth the trek? Any recos on hotels? Are philly fans going to all "philly fan" on us?

Fort York Redcoat
07-26-2016, 07:56 AM
Giving some thought to driving down to Philly for the game next month. Anyone been down there for a match? Worth the trek? Any recos on hotels? Are philly fans going to all "philly fan" on us?

There are a couple peeps thinking about it. I wish I could.

Sorry jcplante :(

gmacpheetfc
07-26-2016, 10:23 AM
I'm going.

Captain
07-26-2016, 12:20 PM

I drove down to the Philly game last year with a friend and my daughter. We had no problem walking around in our reds. Everyone was very friendly. The stadium is not bad but the area immediately around it was very dilapidated with buildings that were bordered up. It was a long drive to do in two days but we enjoyed the adventure and the Reds won so it was worth it.

renda-10
07-26-2016, 12:49 PM

I am going down for the game

SomeGuyDylan
07-27-2016, 02:19 PM
I will be at this one.

SomeGuyDylan
08-10-2016, 12:14 PM
For anyone still interested, there is an official threat in the membership section. Tickets are being ordered on the 16th.

MartinUtd
08-10-2016, 12:40 PM
there is an official threat in the membership section

So we're going to go Philly fan on them?

MartinUtd
08-10-2016, 12:41 PM
I'd like to do this but things are bit tight right now. I really with I could because I'd make a weekend out of seeing the Jarell Miller fight (boxing) in Rochester on Friday then hop down to Chester for the TFC match the next day.

SomeGuyDylan
08-10-2016, 01:45 PM
For anyone still interested, there is an official threat in the membership section. Tickets are being ordered on the 16th.

I suspect an overzealous spell check got me on that one...

DYNAMO
08-10-2016, 04:51 PM
I suspect an overzealous spell check got me on that one...
Hope to catch fellow tfc'ers in philly. my wife and i are visiting and have purchased tickets from a great rep in front office named ethan. very helpful. tickets only 20 dollars and no fees

SomeGuyDylan
08-11-2016, 06:07 AM
Hope to catch fellow tfc'ers in philly. my wife and i are visiting and have purchased tickets from a great rep in front office named ethan. very helpful. tickets only 20 dollars and no fees

Excellent. We'll see you there!

Blkndkr
08-12-2016, 06:33 PM

Do you have the contact info for the ticket rep?

DYNAMO
08-13-2016, 03:53 PM
Do you have the contact info for the ticket rep?
Yes; simply go to philly website for the number and ask for ethan...sends you the ticket within minutes if you pay by card...he said there are a few tfc fans that have ordered, so it doesnt sound like there will be a lot of us at the game....temperature is going to be very hot...hopefully see you at the game3

SomeGuyDylan
08-14-2016, 08:37 PM
If I hear anything about a pre game meet up (which seems likely) I will post it here. See you in Philly

Blkndkr
08-16-2016, 10:54 AM
Yes; simply go to philly website for the number and ask for ethan...sends you the ticket within minutes if you pay by card...he said there are a few tfc fans that have ordered, so it doesnt sound like there will be a lot of us at the game....temperature is going to be very hot...hopefully see you at the game3

Thanks! Spoke to Ethan this morning and tickets acquired with ease. Stoked!

DYNAMO
08-16-2016, 11:59 AM
Thanks! Spoke to Ethan this morning and tickets acquired with ease. Stoked!
that is great...will be seeing you at game. my wife and i are kinda worried about wearing tfc shirts. Think we should?.

Red CB Toronto
08-16-2016, 12:15 PM
that is great...will be seeing you at game. my wife and i are kinda worried about wearing tfc shirts. Think we should?.

You are fine, most people in and around the stadium will have some good honest fun with you, giving you some ribbing, but nothing serious. I was wearing my Bradley t-shirt and took a few fun shots, but at the end of the day most people are all there for the same thing, supporting the beautiful game.

Now Chester is a different story, what a war zone. One piece of advice, get in and get out. Do not under any circumstance wander too far from the stadium. It truly is scary and quite depressing. If you are taking the train from Philly, take the Septa to Chester Station and get on the buses the Union provide under the cover of security to the stadium. Go straight back to the pickup stop outside the stadium, do not miss the bus. It has the second highest murder rate in the US. It will all be ok, but man I have never seen a place like that, it was eye opening.

https://www.wsws.org/en/media/photos/legacy/2010jul/j07-ches-480.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/23/Chester_PA_502-510_Ave_of_the_States.JPG

MartinUtd
08-16-2016, 12:32 PM
What part of town do people generally get accommodation for Philly matches?

DYNAMO
08-16-2016, 02:06 PM
What part of town do people generally get accommodation for Philly matches?ticket season holders and the murde
wow; thank you for the warning about chester. we were actually planning to park in one of the parking lots at the stadium. are we okay with that? otherwise tfc could lose two devout fans to crime.

MartinUtd
08-16-2016, 02:09 PM
ticket season holders and the murde

Ummm, pardon?

SomeGuyDylan
08-16-2016, 02:38 PM
I'm staying downtown and might very well go with Uber to the stadium (there's a promo going on). If anyone wants to think about sharing the ride, feel free to PM me and we can try to work something out.

Here are a few other useful bits of info about getting there and back:

http://www.philadelphiaunion.com/stadium/directions-transportation