PDA

View Full Version : Match Day 21 - Minions Do Calypso - CBus @ TFC Sunday 7:30pm

OgtheDim
07-25-2016, 08:36 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ca4Lx5eVIAQHbxa.jpg

Like most teams, we play on Sunday due to the All Star game on Thursday in San Jose.

Have at It People

Fort York Redcoat
07-25-2016, 08:55 AM
Yes I'll take one from Seba and one for Ricketts, please. Jozy, feel free to get in on it, too.

I'd think Q will get a start once in the next 3 games...I'd hope.

Richard
07-25-2016, 09:02 AM
^^

I highly doubt it, they seem to be intent on keeping it consistent with Bono in gaol and I cant fault them for that, he bounced back after the gaff and it was the right decision to let him stay in goal.

bigredone
07-25-2016, 09:52 AM
I am glad he stayed in. His confidence was shaken and to have considered that gaffe against San Jose as career ending for a young player would have been a waste. Consistency has rarely shown itself with our team.

TFC1154ever
07-26-2016, 04:40 PM
Any update on our injured players? Altidore is back. Whats the status on Johnson, Bradley and Irwin? It would be 3 more weeks for it be the 6 weeks they originally predicted?

Ultra & Proud
07-26-2016, 04:45 PM
Any update on our injured players? Altidore is back. Whats the status on Johnson, Bradley and Irwin? It would be 3 more weeks for it be the 6 weeks they originally predicted?
Saw a few tweets today saying Bradley was doing weights & cardio now and is about 3 weeks away and WJ is also on schedule.

GhostKiller
07-26-2016, 05:18 PM
Is Ricketts ready to go 90?

Auzzy
07-26-2016, 07:53 PM
Like most teams, we play on Sunday due to the All Star game on Thursday in San Jose.

Have at It People

What, no thread for the ASG? :D

Hugh Jazz
07-26-2016, 11:22 PM
Columbus has Higuain back in the line-up, not sure if he'll be able to go the full 90 minutes though. They've been horrible on the road this season and have been very predicable. I'd like to see another blow out.

AFCB+TFC
07-27-2016, 03:07 PM
Thinking we'll win 2-0, looking forward to the game. Gotta carry that momentum on from last game and get the confidence back well before playoffs start. We should be aiming for a bye and no less.

Side note: How fucking lazy are Gareth Wheeler and Devang Desai? Last year wasn't their podcast virtually always once a week? This season it's like once every 3 weeks. If there wasn't so little media available (podcasts etc.) for TFC I wouldn't care because "Wheels" is often annoying af and a huge homer. Seriously they seemingly have a very lax job (especially Gareth since Devang at least handles the clubs computer needs) and they still come across like this.

jabbronies
07-27-2016, 03:29 PM
Yes I'll take one from Seba and one for Ricketts, please. Jozy, feel free to get in on it, too.

I'd think Q will get a start once in the next 3 games...I'd hope.

Could all CMNT sympathizers please stop with this "Q for starter" nonsense.

Pint
07-27-2016, 03:31 PM

What nonsense? He was better in USL and has been with the team for 5 years, its' time he got his chance. Bono has still cost us 3-4 points over what 6 games, while he has made some nice saves he has been far from convincing.

People wanted Hamilton released as well before he was given a shot and now... well i think we all know how that went.

Stress
07-27-2016, 03:48 PM
Thinking we'll win 2-0, looking forward to the game. Gotta carry that momentum on from last game and get the confidence back well before playoffs start. We should be aiming for a bye and no less.

Side note: How fucking lazy are Gareth Wheeler and Devang Desai? Last year wasn't their podcast virtually always once a week? This season it's like once every 3 weeks. If there wasn't so little media available (podcasts etc.) for TFC I wouldn't care because "Wheels" is often annoying af and a huge homer. Seriously they seemingly have a very lax job (especially Gareth since Devang at least handles the clubs computer needs) and they still come across like this.

haha man, we all want more TFC content but calling them lazy without knowing the situation is a bit harsh (FO could have scaled back their pay/work load, Wheels left to cover the Euros etc..). Also, they usually release them later in the week (Thursdays) so you might be jumping the gun. Likely waiting for the FO to announce Blanco so they can add it to their agenda ;)

Ultra & Proud
07-27-2016, 03:49 PM
What nonsense? He was better in USL and has been with the team for 5 years, its' time he got his chance.

The stats in the earlier thread debunked this. His numbers were not as good. I blame Bono for dropped points too but you don't unsettle the team during a home stand for no reason other than to give a guy a shot. Now if Bono implodes then that's different. Otherwise, a change is pointless and possibly damaging.

Yohan
07-27-2016, 03:55 PM
Listen to TFC podcast that Sportsnet does. It's better quality.
Also there are some fan made TFC podcasts out there if you know where to look.

Ivy
07-27-2016, 04:05 PM
I agree. PitchSide is much better, and a lot of FOish.

OgtheDim
07-27-2016, 04:05 PM
I like Dan Riccio's tweets and coverage but like much of the Sportsnet/Fan590 content, I find I can skip the first 1/3 with its bros stuff. The interviews are good.

Pookie
07-27-2016, 05:31 PM
Attention Capos:

Retro chant request

"We all laugh at the yellow football team"

Thank you :)

Yohan
07-27-2016, 05:32 PM
Attention Capos:

Retro chant request

"We all laugh at the Minions football team

fixed

Pookie
07-27-2016, 05:35 PM
^ either way

It's a classic. Probably the most played on my First "Songs and Chants" CD.

And number 1 is .....

The Whole Team, is....

Pint
07-27-2016, 05:44 PM
Love that song, but a heads up very few of the capos are on here so a suggestion early on game day is probably necessary.

OgtheDim
07-27-2016, 06:39 PM
I suspect the minions will be in black for this one. We should be in red as its not a heritage game.

AFCB+TFC
07-27-2016, 07:49 PM
haha man, we all want more TFC content but calling them lazy without knowing the situation is a bit harsh (FO could have scaled back their pay/work load, Wheels left to cover the Euros etc..). Also, they usually release them later in the week (Thursdays) so you might be jumping the gun. Likely waiting for the FO to announce Blanco so they can add it to their agenda ;)

Lol you make a good point man maybe I was a little harsh. It just doesn't seem to me that getting together to talk soccer for 1 hour and recording/uploading it would be much work at all in the run of a week though (on top of what they already do behind the scenes of course.)

jabbronies
07-27-2016, 10:25 PM
What nonsense? He was better in USL and has been with the team for 5 years, its' time he got his chance. Bono has still cost us 3-4 points over what 6 games, while he has made some nice saves he has been far from convincing.

People wanted Hamilton released as well before he was given a shot and now... well i think we all know how that went.

Hamilton wasn't ready when everyone wanted him to make the jump to the Sr squad.
What we are seeing with him is patience paying off. You don't get the calmness he now has on the ball by coming into a Sr. quad at what...18 years old.

John Molinaro has never been someone to put lipstick on a pig when it comes to TFC. So when I read in his artcile that Jon Conway and a former CMNT member/insider are saying Q isn't ready to make the jump - then I have to question his maturity at this point in his career. Let's not forget he's only 21 years old. What harm is there in keeping him down in USL for another year or two until he is fully ready to make the jump.

If Bono was completely shitting the bed, then yes, Let's try Q - but shitting the bed isn't what Bono has been doing. He's been ok so far. Do you really believe another 21-year old kid will be better than ok?

Fort York Redcoat
07-28-2016, 08:32 AM
Attention Capos:

Retro chant request

"We all laugh at the yellow football team"

I'm sure that'll get done at some point in 112.

Fort York Redcoat
07-28-2016, 08:36 AM

What's nonsense is the CMNT connection you just made. I know you can't bear to watch them so you wouldn't know but he's far from starting there as well.

If you want to pigeon hole Q supporters (for whatever reason) you can call them Toonies or USL to Academy Accies sympathizers. The people that want to see a kid come through the system. Although he's from Sigma before he sat on a bench for us a couple years.

Joe Kool
07-28-2016, 10:02 AM
I have seen some Crew media and players mentioning how Toronto played last time in Columbus when talking about how they are going to handle the upcoming game. I think they will be in for a surprise if they think that was a typical Toronto FC game/lineup last time. Hopefully we come out with another DC game type of shellacking. Would be B-U-tiful.

AFCB+TFC
07-28-2016, 09:05 PM

Ah I didn't know Sportsnet does one, I'll check it out thanks.

AFCB+TFC
07-28-2016, 09:08 PM
I agree. PitchSide is much better, and a lot of FOish.

I'll check this out as well, I think this might be the same one I listened to a day or two after the DC game, they had Kurt Larson on, is that the one? Thanks.

burlington Red
07-29-2016, 06:39 AM
Still some are worrying that this game for Bono could be a case of Sunday Bloody Sunday, where he comes charging out of his box and still haven't found what I'm looking for, running down a blind alley where the streets have no name. With or without you, I think he'll be fine, he has the desire. Football can work in mysterious ways but a few error free games in a row and that'll be the sweetest thing. A no goals conceded on Sunday night will make it a beautiful day especially with Monday being a holiday, a case of even better than the real thing. Need our fans to be loud, elevation is what our players needs from us. As we move up the table some of us may get vertigo. Sometimes you can't make it on your own, we need to be one.

Derko
07-29-2016, 06:46 AM
Still some are worrying that this game for Bono could be a case of Sunday Bloody Sunday, where he comes charging out of his box and still haven't found what I'm looking for, running down a blind alley where the streets have no name. With or without you, I think he'll be fine, he has the desire. Football can work in mysterious ways but a few error free games in a row and that'll be the sweetest thing. A no goals conceded on Sunday night will make it a beautiful day especially with Monday being a holiday, a case of even better than the real thing. Need our fans to be loud, elevation is what our players needs from us. As we move up the table some of us may get vertigo. Sometimes you can't make it on your own, we need to be one.

A U2 fan, by any chance?

FRANKIE65
07-29-2016, 07:18 AM

LOL...although I think the correct pronunciation is more like Sonny Bono, so, throw some "I Got You Babe" lines in there.

Canary10
07-29-2016, 08:59 AM
Hopefully he doesn't spend any time Saturday night at the Discoteque.

TFC Tifoso
07-29-2016, 09:43 AM
I just hope he doesn't play Bad​...otherwise I'll be numb​.

Fort York Redcoat
07-29-2016, 09:48 AM
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/mrjoshbumstead/images/d/d9/Q_bert_swearing_300.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140110151237

Hey can I play?

OgtheDim
07-29-2016, 09:50 AM
http://albums.tapuz.co.il/mfhp-webbuilder/2/b/5/d/907679291.gif

anto7
07-29-2016, 10:17 AM

That was magnificent my friend. Perhaps you should get on your boots ​and play in this match, although I suspect you would need to take a miracle drug in order for that to happen

Detroit_TFC
07-29-2016, 11:05 AM
I don't think I've ever felt this confident about a result going into a game vs Columbus. I know that is just asking to get burned, but there it is.

reggie
07-29-2016, 11:34 AM
off topic..go on to the naylor/lansberg poll on twitter and vote for TFC.jus to shut them up.

GhostKiller
07-29-2016, 11:40 AM
http://toronto-mp7static.mlsdigital.net/elfinderimages/2016-StartingXI-073116.png

PopePouri
07-29-2016, 12:09 PM

I keep forgetting to tweet a bad joke about "Bono having a bit of an edge" every time he whiffs on a cross.

FRANKIE65
07-29-2016, 12:31 PM
off topic..go on to the naylor/lansberg poll on twitter and vote for TFC.jus to shut them up.

DONE!!

mistercorporate
07-29-2016, 12:34 PM
http://toronto-mp7static.mlsdigital.net/elfinderimages/2016-StartingXI-073116.png

This will be interesting but I like what someone posted on the TFC site comments:

Bono
Morrow-Zavaleta-Moor-Beitashour
Ricketts-Cheyrou-Delgado
Giovinco
Altidore-Hamilton

OgtheDim
07-29-2016, 12:36 PM

Done cause I got nothing better to do for 15 seconds.

But twitter polls are notoriously inaccurate statistically and anybody who takes the results seriously needs to retake math.

Canary10
07-29-2016, 12:45 PM
This will be interesting but I like what someone posted on the TFC site comments:

Bono
Morrow-Zavaleta-Moor-Beitashour
Ricketts-Cheyrou-Delgado
Giovinco
Altidore-Hamilton

I'd like to see Hagglund up top.

reggie
07-29-2016, 12:47 PM
Done cause I got nothing better to do for 15 seconds.

But twitter polls are notoriously inaccurate statistically and anybody who takes the results seriously needs to retake math.
i agree...i just dont want those 2 vanilla monkeys to put there argo spin on it...i dont listen to sports radio.jus happen to see this poll on twitter.

FRANKIE65
07-29-2016, 02:06 PM
i agree...i just dont want those 2 vanilla monkeys to put there argo spin on it...i dont listen to sports radio.jus happen to see this poll on twitter.

Agreed! I put in the vote, and, left a tweet "Argos at 29%...didn't realise 60-80 year olds used twitter"

:)

FRANKIE65
07-29-2016, 02:11 PM
Anywho...back to match discussion. Expecting another positive result. Hopefully Ricketts and Altidore can inject some more of that energy/chaos into this match. Seba has a taste for it, again, plus only played 30 minutes in the all star game...should still have plenty of energy. Three games in seven nights, so, Vanney will definitely need to use the bench wisely this week.

OgtheDim
07-29-2016, 02:29 PM
Weather Network saying the rain will stop around 5. Light winds out of the North and around 22.

We'll see.

ronzilla
07-29-2016, 02:33 PM
Ricketts is worthy of a 90 minute start, and hopefully he has fine tuned his finishing.

Endoh should be dropped.

Ultra & Proud
07-29-2016, 03:20 PM
Ricketts is worthy of a 90 minute start, and hopefully he has fine tuned his finishing.

That's about as fine as his finishing can get.

Hugh Jazz
07-30-2016, 11:22 AM
That's a big problem, he's been a rock since Bradley's been out.

sn0re
07-30-2016, 11:37 AM
https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/759409599740993536?s=09

Accidently removed my reply (smh) but I hope Cheyrou doesn't follow the same path as Perquis's exit.

Richard
07-30-2016, 11:55 AM
Woke up ready to watch the game today only to realize its tomorrow, what the hell haha.

OgtheDim
07-30-2016, 12:15 PM
https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/759426166130348032

So the midfield will consist of a mixture of Chapman, Osorio, Delgado and Endoh

I'm thinking the 3-5-2 might come out again

Bradley back for Houston it seems.

notthesun
07-30-2016, 01:02 PM
Sucks that Cheyrou is likely out after how well he's been playing. This is why it's important to get Bradley and Johnson back, Cheyrou just can't handle all these minutes at his age.

Yohan
07-30-2016, 06:24 PM
http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/jozy-altidore-jordan-hamilton-tfc-toronto-fc-mls-major-league-soccer/

Does Vanney really have the balls to bench Altidore over Hamilton if Hamilton stays in form?

OgtheDim
07-30-2016, 07:15 PM
I read that and I just see Vanney saying Altidore is better but has to work his way into the squad fitness wise.

I suspect this means that Hamilton starts tomorrow, although I`d rather see Ricketts with his speed.

reggie
07-30-2016, 07:49 PM
gimme a break Vanney,the guy is a pro athlete he should be able to play 70 min in his sleep

portu
07-30-2016, 08:46 PM
http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/jozy-altidore-jordan-hamilton-tfc-toronto-fc-mls-major-league-soccer/

Does Vanney really have the balls to bench Altidore over Hamilton if Hamilton stays in form?
And if he does and Hamilton keeps Jozy benched for a significant portion of the season does that make Jozy expendable

portu
07-30-2016, 08:48 PM
Wouldn't mind seeing a 4-4-2 tomorrow if Benoit is injured. Put Tsubasa on one wing and Ricketts on the other Delgado and Oso in the middle together.

Richard
07-30-2016, 08:50 PM
And if he does and Hamilton keeps Jozy benched for a significant portion of the season does that make Jozy expendable

That would make him untradeable but that's not happening, his impact was immediate when he came on last game and his performance should get better from here.

OgtheDim
07-30-2016, 09:05 PM
gimme a break Vanney,the guy is a pro athlete he should be able to play 70 min in his sleep

Ricketts said in an interview this week that he was gassed after 20 minutes last Saturday. Match fitness takes time.

reggie
07-30-2016, 10:09 PM
omg..he has been with the club since may and he is gassed after 20 min,maybe these guys should do a few laps after training.

Areathrasher
07-30-2016, 10:15 PM
Doing laps and running around in front of 20,000 people,chasing down an opposing team and dumping adrenaline are two different things.

OgtheDim
07-31-2016, 07:10 AM
Game Day :scarf:

Rain is supposed to hold off

Abou Sky
07-31-2016, 07:37 AM
If Cheyrou is hurt, who is our 6 man?

OgtheDim
07-31-2016, 08:56 AM
Delgado...that would be the #4 DM.

Hugh Jazz
07-31-2016, 06:22 PM
Young midfield could be a gamble for us.

portu
07-31-2016, 06:25 PM
Young midfield could be a gamble for us.
It's gonna get pretty ugly

Richard
07-31-2016, 06:25 PM
I would have started Ricckets as he has a defensive presence about him, he would have reduced pressure on our midfield at the start of the game which is important.

Last time against SJ we got murdered in the middle with the young guys.

Hugh Jazz
07-31-2016, 06:27 PM
Yeah not much experience or leadership there. Nevertheless a good opportunity for one of the younger players to make a point before the regulars are back.

AFCB+TFC
07-31-2016, 06:46 PM
heres the diamond:

Chapman

Delgado Osorio

Endoh

Interesting Chapman's at the tip and not Oso but deserved in my opinion after last weeks performance by both. Also good to see Endoh and the base, his crosses are too shit to play the wing (I do like Endoh though, what a steal at #9 in the draft!)

__wowza
07-31-2016, 06:51 PM
Anyone got a stream?

bigredone
07-31-2016, 06:53 PM
That was supernatural!!!! Delgado with great reactions to start that goal. Endoh with the perfet hair-do for deflections that curve.

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccerstreams/

Kaz
07-31-2016, 06:55 PM
What a goal that was.

shwade
07-31-2016, 06:59 PM
Altidore not sitting on the bench.
Goal should be sebas..

Davenport
07-31-2016, 07:04 PM
Altidore would miss the bench if he tried to sit on it.

I'm listening with the sound off. Jerkoff Dobson and his sidekick know nothing about the game.

Richard
07-31-2016, 07:05 PM
What happened to Altidore?

bigredone
07-31-2016, 07:08 PM
Did Endoh actually think Seba was going to swing? He looked genuinely scared.

Weird about Jozy...

fdasilva
07-31-2016, 07:11 PM
Brilliant! 2-0 Giovinco.

Great build up play

Kaz
07-31-2016, 07:11 PM
He was on the pitch during warm ups. I doubt there is anything to read into it.

CBTFC
07-31-2016, 07:12 PM
I def had doubts about this young diamond midfield, but wow are they working the ball well.

Overall we look fairly solid out there! (so far)

Richard
07-31-2016, 07:13 PM
He was on the pitch during warm ups. I doubt there is anything to read into it.

So he's not on the bench? Just wondering since I tuned in late.

bigredone
07-31-2016, 07:14 PM
^All good, but Chapman looking dull with incomplete back passes.^

but that one..eek

notthesun
07-31-2016, 07:15 PM
Love that from Chapman. Takes a step back to open up the passing lane, great first touch, and a smart little ball to create the shot. Giovinco was brilliant, of course.

Vanney deserves big credit for getting young players into positions where they can succeed this year in my opinion. Never seen so many kids have a real impact with the first team like this. It's great to see.

Leedsoronto
07-31-2016, 07:17 PM
Has Hamilton been told not to touch the ball today, if so he is doing a great job Lol

Would like to see Rickets on with Geo while we are in this form

Kaz
07-31-2016, 07:17 PM
So he's not on the bench? Just wondering since I tuned in late.

I'd assume he is but I haven't really watched before I saw the question and they don't so it on TV often enough for me to have notice.

They just showed jozy staying warmed up.. so yes he is on the bench on paper his butt however is being ready to play.

Kaz
07-31-2016, 07:23 PM
I was going to say something nice about Vanney.. but now we are playing absorb the pressure Vanney Ball instead of defending through offense which is just annoying and asking for a mistake to happen.

PopePouri
07-31-2016, 07:32 PM
It's gonna get pretty ugly

Really ugly right now.

notthesun
07-31-2016, 07:33 PM
Nice half from Delgado and Chapman. Hamilton's been a little invisible, I suspect Altidore is going to come on either at half or pretty soon in the 2nd half for some minutes.

Hugh Jazz
07-31-2016, 07:37 PM
Looking a lot better in the final third. Not just trying to get it to Seba and expecting him to shot from 30 yards out. Tchani not doing a good job marking in that area making it easier on us.

shwade
07-31-2016, 07:38 PM
Yeah Altidore came towards the end of the first half.

Redcoe15
07-31-2016, 07:43 PM
Beauty first half! g:D

Davenport
07-31-2016, 07:44 PM
Yeah Altidore came towards the end of the first half.

So he'll be done then.......

Richard
07-31-2016, 08:01 PM
Wow haha

Kaz
07-31-2016, 08:01 PM
WTF... that stupid post

notthesun
07-31-2016, 08:04 PM
Christ man, how many times has Giovinco hit the post in MLS play? lol

CBTFC
07-31-2016, 08:11 PM
Marky Delgado is quietly becoming one of our most effective players overall.

Though he's treated like Rodney Dangerfield around here.

AFCB+TFC
07-31-2016, 08:12 PM
Good performance so far by the lads, our corners really need work though, what do we have 1 goal all season from them?

Time for Ricketts to come on to run at some tired legs in my opinion.

CBTFC
07-31-2016, 08:24 PM
How is Osorio so bad at shooting??

Kaz
07-31-2016, 08:25 PM
This would be a good time to put on fresh legs and let osorio rest. And get a new player match minutes. That though would be something a goal hungry coach would do.. we don't have that. I'd be surprised to see it.. if we do it will be the 89th minute.

Richard
07-31-2016, 08:29 PM
Happy for Jozy.

notthesun
07-31-2016, 08:30 PM
You know what, sometimes you need that little stroke of luck to get going. Well done Jozy.

Yohan
07-31-2016, 08:32 PM
I don't get why Vanney is keeping Giovinco in with game vs RSL on Wed.

Richard
07-31-2016, 08:32 PM
This ref kind of looks like Howard Webb.

Kaz
07-31-2016, 08:34 PM
Lowest attendance of the season at 23k. People missed a great game.. I wish I could have been there tonight.

notthesun
07-31-2016, 08:35 PM

Has he ever subbed him out when he wasn't injured, ever? Maybe it's in his contract lol

Richard
07-31-2016, 08:35 PM

Yeah I would have liked to see Rickets in for him.

Richard
07-31-2016, 08:37 PM
Can we please put that cup in the garbage bin, please just put it in the trash already. :facepalm:

notthesun
07-31-2016, 08:38 PM
Columbus is hot garbage. That being said, great performance from us, especially with Cheyrou also out. Delgado was huge replacing him today, really well done from him. I thought Chapman and Morrow were very good as well.

Altidore was very good off the bench. It's been so long without him, you kind of forget how helpful his hold up play is. And his combination play with Seba especially was on point as well. Hopefully he can go on a nice run of form now.

Bobo
07-31-2016, 08:39 PM
Campeones, campeones, ole ole ole........anyone?

Seriously though, great game from everyone tonight, plenty of things to be pleased with. Our midfield was bare-bones but performed admirably. Crew made it easy, though.

Detroit_TFC
07-31-2016, 08:42 PM
Missed most of the game due to a cranky satellite dish, but seems like the squad put Columbus to the sword.

sn0re
07-31-2016, 08:43 PM
Bloom looked solid when he came in. I'm happy that his form is getting better and better ever since the injury spell. :scarf:

AFCB+TFC
07-31-2016, 08:43 PM
Great game, we will be one of the best teams in MLS when we are fully healthy in my opinion.

CBTFC
07-31-2016, 08:50 PM
I feel happy for Bloom as well. He might never be a starter for us, but I'm good with him as an effective sub.

Who knew that with no Bradley, Johnson or Cheyrou that we would have one of our best midfield games of the season.

This is a really confident locker room right now.

PopePouri
07-31-2016, 08:56 PM
I feel happy for Bloom as well. He might never be a starter for us, but I'm good with him as an effective sub.

Who knew that with no Bradley, Johnson or Cheyrou that we would have one of our best midfield games of the season.

This is a really confident locker room right now.

Endoh, Delgado and Oso all had over 90% pass completion. They completely dominated Trapp/Tchani.

Also a reminder of the midfield personnel:
- The average age was 22.25
- Consisted of one player that went 13th overall in the Chivas dispersal draft.
- Consisted one rookie predicted to go mid/late second round.

Areathrasher
07-31-2016, 09:08 PM
Not bad at all

portu
07-31-2016, 09:09 PM
Honestly looking at our midfield at the start of the game I was ready for a really ugly game and potentially a loss, but holy shit have our young players come into their own. We have the depth for a cup run for sure. I still think that we need an attacking midfielder tho, mainly because when u saw altidore come on he was playing deep in order to connect Seba and the midfield a little better. In reality it should be our attacking mid doing that so that we can have Jozy AND Seba as outlets.

notthesun
07-31-2016, 09:14 PM
Great weekend for us. We picked up 3 points, Philly lost to RSL, and two draws between DC/MTL and CHI/NYRB. We're in 3rd in the East, 2 points back of the Red Bulls with 2 games in hand.

Carter
07-31-2016, 09:26 PM
Great weekend for us. We picked up 3 points, Philly lost to RSL, and two draws between DC/MTL and CHI/NYRB. We're in 3rd in the East, 2 points back of the Red Bulls with 2 games in hand.

Tied for 3rd in the east, with Philly and MTL, same point spread between them and the top as well, less the games at hand.

Areathrasher
07-31-2016, 09:31 PM
#vanneyOut

ronzilla
07-31-2016, 09:46 PM
#vanneyOut

This win has nothing to do with Vanney. Giovinco was on all 3 goals again.

notthesun
07-31-2016, 09:54 PM

Yeah, Giovinco also ran the midfield and bossed the back line. Made a couple key saves too. I thought it was smart of him to go with 2 strikers up top and decide that a diamond midfield was better than 3 at the back as well. The little man really did it all tonight.

PopePouri
07-31-2016, 09:55 PM

LMAO

OgtheDim
07-31-2016, 10:08 PM
We caught CBus at a good time.

Offence looked potent but defence was surprisingly not getting crosses; if that's our midfield for the other 2 games this week, we got issues. NER lives in the DM zone and RSL are quick.

Take the 3 points, be happy for the offence and move on.

ManUtd4ever
07-31-2016, 10:38 PM
Our youth continues to step up. Impressive win under the circumstances, and good to see Seba is back to himself.

reggie
07-31-2016, 10:43 PM
its funny...when we win its because the other team sucked and we got them at a good time:facepalm:
could of had 5-6 goals tonight,yes we are hanging back a bit but we are playing a b midfield.

Ultra & Proud
07-31-2016, 11:52 PM

Vanney's resume was built on working with young players in academy systems. Teaching is his thing. No matter how much everyone wants to give him zero credit for good results and crucify him for the bad, his effect on the younger players on our roster can't be denied. Never in our history have we had this many young players all be useful and look like real MLSers. It's not all just drafting luck and the benefits of our academy either. He is making them all easy to integrate into the squad without confusion, shape problems, or blown assignments. That's good coaching.

ryan
07-31-2016, 11:55 PM
I think this concludes. Vanney is just not likeable.

Lennon
08-01-2016, 12:08 AM
its funny...when we win its because the other team sucked and we got them at a good time:facepalm:
could of had 5-6 goals tonight,yes we are hanging back a bit but we are playing a b midfield.

Vanney's resume was built on working with young players in academy systems. Teaching is his thing. No matter how much everyone wants to give him zero credit for good results and crucify him for the bad, his effect on the younger players on our roster can't be denied. Never in our history have we had this many young players all be useful and look like real MLSers. It's not all just drafting luck and the benefits of our academy either. He is making them all easy to integrate into the squad without confusion, shape problems, or blown assignments. That's good coaching.

Mmmmhmm. Some people seem to be forgetting that we've been playing without 2/3 DP's for half the season. When Irwin and Johnson went down some thought we'd miss the playoffs. Currently we've got about an 88% chance of making them (http://www.sportsclubstats.com/USA/TorontoFC.html).

If anyone should go it's Bez. We're a poorly constructed side with far too many international players.

KurtLarSUN
08-01-2016, 12:28 AM

Let me just add this...

Zavaleta: Vanney pickup.
Delgado: Vanney pickup.
Endoh: Vanney draft pick.
Chapman: Vanney/Bez signing.

Yes, Giovinco is the main attraction, but all of the above had pretty big games. All are young. You have to give Vanney credit. You HAVE to.

Joe Kool
08-01-2016, 12:50 AM
Man with all the negativity in here you would have thought we were the ones to lose 3-0. I am enjoying going to BMO and walking out with a win and a smile on my face. Nuff said.

mook-life
08-01-2016, 05:30 AM
was a great game for GIO otherwise the team was okay...Endoh cant pass the fucking ball. That being said the atmosphere was great minus the guy with the flag in the bottom of 112 (second half).... I thought flags were supposed to be down during important moments but not last night I missed a good few moments of the second half because of this

Derko
08-01-2016, 06:25 AM
Enjoyed a good win from the TEAM and COACHES.

Stop the fucking whining all of you right now, or you will have to go stand in the corner.

Children

ensco
08-01-2016, 07:25 AM
Seba's goal might be better than the one against NYRB last year. Wow.

OgtheDim
08-01-2016, 07:37 AM
People I enjoyed the win as much as anybody.

But, they had numerous free headers in the first half; that's something we didn't see before against teams with big up front bodies this season. You could see the defence talking about it among themselves all game. Moore had some teaching moments with Chapman about this for most of the game. After the first goal, Zaveleta goes to talk to Vanney to get instructions. Something wasn't right back there. They seemed to get it sorted for the second half when CBus brought on Jahn but Cbus still had a couple of good tries. Between that and Higuian having an off night, well we did defensively what we needed to do given what was in front of us.

Altidore and Seba are really working well together. Seba was looking for the pass all night and it was making a difference giving himself space.

JonO
08-01-2016, 08:51 AM
Funny to see the different views of the game. Personally, I thought chapman had a weak game (at least first half). Couldn't seem to get his first touch under control. Really thought morrow had a great game. Most of our attack seemed to come up his side.

Anyway - happy for the win. And the second half definitely seemed better.

mistercorporate
08-01-2016, 09:01 AM
Our record now is 5-1-3 at renovated BMO even with the injuries. This is our fortress, this is our house!

Shakes McQueen
08-01-2016, 09:02 AM
Seba's goal might be better than the one against NYRB last year. Wow.

He made me laugh out loud on Endoh's goal, when he mimed like he was going to throttle him, and Endoh looked scared as hell for a split second, haha.

They need to start cryogenically freezing Seba between games, so he can play for us as many years as possible.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-01-2016, 09:06 AM
We win three nil, dominate and people still aren't happy

michaeltfc91
08-01-2016, 09:13 AM
Our record now is 5-1-3 at renovated BMO even with the injuries. This is our fortress, this is our house!

Including the Canadian Championship, we are 7-1-3 at BMO Field this season, the only loss was the Vancouver game 4-3 which wasn't very good. Each tie, we also were the better team and let the points slip away. What impresses me most is we won 4 of our first 5 home games 1-0, now we have two straight 3 goal victories. Those are the types of wins we needed.

Also Altidore probably had the best game I have ever seen him play, his one two with Seba where he hit the post twice was outstanding. He scored a nice goal with some great hold up play and also scored an offside goal. Him and Giovinco look really intimidating and can dismantle any defense in that form. Once our midfield gets healthy, we will be playing even better and contain more possession. As long as two of Bradley Cheyrou and Johnson are healthy you don't have to worry about the midfield.

And lastly our defense was very strong. Apart from the two open Meram headers that went wide, Vanney spoke with Zavaleta and made some sort of adjustment after that completely shut down their attack. It is hard to hate on Vanney lately, he is far from perfect, but the team seems to have great morale and are improving. In addition, the young kids are gelling extremely well so I don't know how you could hate on him.

TFC are looking like real Eastern Conference contenders, the east is pretty open this year with no strong team in particular... We have a good chance at going far, I don't see who can stop us if we get healthy

JayMolly
08-01-2016, 09:14 AM
Man with all the negativity in here you would have thought we were the ones to lose 3-0. I am enjoying going to BMO and walking out with a win and a smile on my face.

^
We agree.
In addition to the win and a smile:
- another TFC hat to add to our collection,
- another 'cup' TFC won this year.

Canary10
08-01-2016, 09:20 AM
Jozy's goal should have been ruled an OG, which would have been funny.

Abou Sky
08-01-2016, 09:33 AM
^
We agree.
In addition to the win and a smile:
- another TFC hat to add to our collection,
- another 'cup' TFC won this year.

Hold on to your hat, I didn't get one...

Fort York Redcoat
08-01-2016, 11:25 AM

What are you saying

That Vanney should be in on more goals or that if anyone but Seba scores Vanney gets the credit?:)

GBV
08-01-2016, 11:45 AM
was a great game for GIO otherwise the team was okay...Endoh cant pass the fucking ball. That being said the atmosphere was great minus the guy with the flag in the bottom of 112 (second half).... I thought flags were supposed to be down during important moments but not last night I missed a good few moments of the second half because of this

same. missed play due to oversized flags down front in 114. lots of complaints around me as well. would love to say i want to drive 60-90 minutes each way (sometimes more) to watch flags and not a game, but don't have that in me.

Pookie
08-01-2016, 11:45 AM
Having stepped away from the message board, I find the over analysis somewhat strange.

Do folks really feel that if the team plays a perfect game that it somehow will correlate to a playoff win?

Playoffs are far away. The match ups will be very different. Health issues will be very different. Even the weather will be very different.

I'd be willing to bet that the statistical correlation to winning using a certain format on July 31st in relation to playoff success would be about the same as Donald Trump not saying something puzzling this week.

Our team won. Folks in the stadium had a great time. Some good memories were imprinted in the ol' brain. And since I was there with my son and driving, I saved $12 for each beer that I didn't buy.

Win-win-win

ManUtd4ever
08-01-2016, 11:46 AM
He made me laugh out loud on Endoh's goal, when he mimed like he was going to throttle him, and Endoh looked scared as hell for a split second, haha.

They need to start cryogenically freezing Seba between games, so he can play for us as many years as possible.

That was hilarious. You can see Endoh saying it went off his head with a scared look on his face, LOL.

ronzilla
08-01-2016, 12:36 PM
What are you saying

That Vanney should be in on more goals or that if anyone but Seba scores Vanney gets the credit?:)

This.

If any other player scores,without Seba being involved, I will be the first to congratulate Vanney. This is the biggest issue with the team, that they rely too heavily on Giovinco to "get it done". I'm sure tougher opponents are awaiting that will orchestrate a plan to take Seba out of the game and will probably succeed, therefor we need another player to step up and take the pressure off.

Jozy made a big impact when he came on and has great chemistry with Seba. They just simply know how to read each other. We need to bring Jozy back into the game slowly to ensure he could make a deep run till the end of the season without further injuries.

I think our midfield will greatly improve once Johnson comes back.

Hugh Jazz
08-01-2016, 01:03 PM
The last two games the team has spread the ball around much better. Before, some of our players seemed to have no other thought than pass the ball to Gio when entering the final third. Seba also cut down on the over ambitious shots from way out. I imagine some of these changes are due to Vanney.

ag futbol
08-01-2016, 01:19 PM
Thought that was a very solid performance. It's amazing how little things like a good 1-2 with Gio can create an amazing goal.

I think this experience for the younger players will pay off in spades down the road. The variance in their level of play week-to-week is not unexpected. Add in what we've got at TFC II we should be good in the depth department. Think the real opportunity in the offseason is to make the most out of the unused international spots to find more proven attacking quality.

jloome
08-01-2016, 01:35 PM
Thought that was a very solid performance. It's amazing how little things like a good 1-2 with Gio can create an amazing goal.

I think this experience for the younger players will pay off in spades down the road. The variance in their level of play week-to-week is not unexpected. Add in what we've got at TFC II we should be good in the depth department. Think the real opportunity in the offseason is to make the most out of the unused international spots to find more proven attacking quality.

Chapman was really good today. He's starting to show the potential everyone thought he had.

jloome
08-01-2016, 01:38 PM
We win three nil, dominate and people still aren't happy

Beliefs are tied intrinsically to our internal sense of security; when someone believes something and does not have the ability to challenge their own beliefs, and hasn't bottomed out personally due to insecurity, facts don't matter.

Detroit_TFC
08-01-2016, 02:57 PM
Started my frequent visits to SportClubStats to look at the percentages. I know they are predictive until they aren't, but can't help it.

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/USA/LevelA/MLS.html

Ossington Mental Youth
08-01-2016, 03:48 PM
Beliefs are tied intrinsically to our internal sense of security; when someone believes something and does not have the ability to challenge their own beliefs, and hasn't bottomed out personally due to insecurity, facts don't matter.

Wish I could favorite this

DinamoTFC
08-01-2016, 05:04 PM
Chapman was really good today. He's starting to show the potential everyone thought he had.

Disagree. Thought Chapman had a poor game out of everyone. His touch was off and misplaced many passes. But that doesn't mean I'm writing him off.

Canary10
08-01-2016, 08:46 PM
Disagree. Thought Chapman had a poor game out of everyone. His touch was off and misplaced many passes. But that doesn't mean I'm writing him off.

He played a perfect little ball on Giovinco's goal.

AFCB+TFC
08-01-2016, 08:56 PM

Well said Ultra.

DinamoTFC
08-01-2016, 09:57 PM
He played a perfect little ball on Giovinco's goal.

Doesn't mean he played a great game

Ultra & Proud
08-01-2016, 10:22 PM
Doesn't mean he played a great game
I'd say he had an inconsistent game. Had some good moments and made a few good turns/runs but made some simple mistakes too. It's pretty much what I expect from a decent rookie. As long as he avoids the games where he plays terrible all the way through like earlier in the season. Being consistently good comes with growth, confidence, and minutes and I think he'll get there.

Fort York Redcoat
08-02-2016, 08:24 AM
This.

If any other player scores,without Seba being involved, I will be the first to congratulate Vanney. This is the biggest issue with the team, that they rely too heavily on Giovinco to "get it done". I'm sure tougher opponents are awaiting that will orchestrate a plan to take Seba out of the game and will probably succeed, therefor we need another player to step up and take the pressure off.

Jozy made a big impact when he came on and has great chemistry with Seba. They just simply know how to read each other. We need to bring Jozy back into the game slowly to ensure he could make a deep run till the end of the season without further injuries.

I think our midfield will greatly improve once Johnson comes back.

So...that's starting now? Because other players have scored without Seba in on it but...where was the Vanney love then?

But it's cool. Your promise starts....now.:)

Fort York Redcoat
08-02-2016, 08:46 AM

An yet there's no need for psych-slagging. Leave it out in future, please and thank you and keep it to football.

ag futbol
08-02-2016, 11:34 AM
Challenge anyone to look at chapman's assist on the Giovinco goal. All the little adjustments he made before and after he received that ball made it possible for Giovinco to actually run on and have a crack on net. Brilliant finish obviously, but it was more complicated setup than it looked.

He made mistakes over the course of the game too. But total package I'll take it.

paul-collins
08-02-2016, 02:41 PM
Chapman had a much bigger role to fill without Cheyrou in the lineup. I thought on the whole he did a creditable job.

Yohan
08-02-2016, 09:33 PM
I'm still mad at Vanney for SJ disgrace, but I can't complain much about 2 back to back wins by 3 goals. He's lucky to catch 2 dumpster fires of a team in DCU and Columbus, but he's getting results now with kids and dealing with injuries, and you can't complain much about that.

Marky Delgado is going to have a long MLS career. He's not going to be a world beater, but every MLS team can use an utility guy like Delgado who is a bit of jack of all trades, but solid overall.

notthesun
08-02-2016, 10:11 PM
Marky Delgado is going to have a long MLS career. He's not going to be a world beater, but every MLS team can use an utility guy like Delgado who is a bit of jack of all trades, but solid overall.

For sure. It's crazy that 13 teams passed on him before we picked him up in the dispersal draft, who knows if he'd even be in the league now if we hadn't. Definitely paid off to have Vanney around. One of the few instances where you can say we outsmarted the rest of the league in picking up a quality player.

Yohan
08-02-2016, 11:07 PM
this was a funny tweet from Ola Kamara before the game.

https://twitter.com/OlaKamara/status/759869370373922816

C.Ronaldo
08-03-2016, 08:50 AM
Challenge anyone to look at chapman's assist on the Giovinco goal. All the little adjustments he made before and after he received that ball made it possible for Giovinco to actually run on and have a crack on net. Brilliant finish obviously, but it was more complicated setup than it looked.

He made mistakes over the course of the game too. But total package I'll take it.

to know Giovinco's run and timing means he knows his team mates
Chapman just proved hes a thinker, a quick one at that. Others would have dished it off as quickly as possible for giovinco to do all the work.

Remember, he hit rock bottom with that half assed game not too long ago, to claw back like he has shows that mental strength. Babouli doesnt even see the pitch anymore despite the 120% effort he was putting in

hulkrogan
08-03-2016, 12:06 PM

He's like Jeremy Hall, but less awful.