PDA

View Full Version : Match Day 17 - You Dance and Shake the Hurt - Fire @ TFC Sat July 9 7:30pm

OgtheDim
07-03-2016, 07:52 AM
A good old Chicago Band

Don't care how many people are out. In this game, 3 points is the only acceptable result.

Have At It People

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=god7hAPv8f0

Fort York Redcoat
07-03-2016, 09:32 AM
No Gilberto for this one.

I think we got this, too.g:D

Derko
07-04-2016, 07:06 AM
Hopefully Seba can get the monkey off his back in this match, and pop a few goals.

notthesun
07-04-2016, 01:45 PM
New Chicago signing Michael de Leeuw will be available for this match, would be his first MLS appearance. Attacking midfielder from Groningen in the Eredevisie, 9 goals in 30 appearances for them this year, 17 goals in 28 appearances a year ago.

Blindside16
07-05-2016, 04:46 AM
I don't want to start calling games "must wins" this early in the season, but we could really use some points in the bank. What worries me is Chicago knows they aren't going anywhere this year so the pressure is off. That can be a deadly combination. Just ask San Jose or Philadelphia. Hopefully Seba gets his groove back and he and Hamilton start clicking.

OgtheDim
07-05-2016, 11:28 AM
Injury update via Molinaro- might be a video later tody of the questions

https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/750363575080804352

SarniaTFC
07-05-2016, 11:33 AM
With Altidore back in training today and assuming he is fit for Saturday I would love to see Greg go with something like this
Bono
Beithashour Moor Zavaleta Morrow
Cheyrou Osorio Chapman
Giovinco
Altidore Hamilton

Personally I think Zavaleta, Chapman and Hamilton deserve starts even though they aren't regulars. They have been solid when given their chance

Thoughts Reds??

Pint
07-05-2016, 11:36 AM
With Altidore back in training today and assuming he is fit for Saturday I would love to see Greg go with something like this
Bono
Cheyrou Osorio Chapman
Giovinco
Altidore Hamilton

Personally I think Zavaleta, Chapman and Hamilton deserve starts even though they aren't regulars. They have been solid when given their chance

Thoughts Reds??

Doubt jozy would be ready to start but probably will get a 15min run out replacing hamilton

portu
07-05-2016, 12:08 PM
If Jozy is fit I'd love to see a diamond with Seba behind Jozy and Jhams

C.Ronaldo
07-05-2016, 01:47 PM
i want perquis and moor out there

thats our best pairing, Zavelta is depth in 2016.

ag futbol
07-05-2016, 03:38 PM
I would keep Chapman to see if he can build on last week, drop Osorio for someone who covers more ground.

I don't know if I'd start Altidore. Get him off the bench at 60 - let Hamilton keep going for the time being. Would be interesting if they could play together... but odds are against it.

GhostKiller
07-05-2016, 03:40 PM
-----Hamilton----Babouli----
------------Seba----------
----Oso------------Delgado--
-----------Cheyrou----------
-JM----Perquis---Moor---Beit-
------------Bono----------------

Subs: Jozy, Chapman, Bloom, Hagglund,Roberts, Endo

I'm not sure if Endo works better out wide and Degado should slide in, but I think thats the strongest we can do.

I also can see Williams fitting in the back 4 since his RC suspension is served.

MightyDM
07-05-2016, 03:54 PM
I think Seba on the left with Hamilton central and Oso behind them is our best formation offensively at the moment. Endoh for me is better wide but is a defensive risk, so on the right and Delgado on the left.

that leaves Chapman out, which isn't fair, but not sure where to slot him in.

not sure where all the negativity towards Oso is coming from. He created both goals versus Orlando.

Yohan
07-05-2016, 03:55 PM
--------------Seba----------
----Oso----Endo---Delgado--

Subs: Jozy, Chapman, Bloom, Hagglund,Roberts

I'm not sure if Endo works better out wide and Degado should slide in, but I think thats the strongest we can do.

I also can see Williams fitting in the back 4 since his RC suspension is served.
I'm sure TFC would love to play with 12 vs 11 ;)

GhostKiller
07-05-2016, 05:38 PM
Ha missed that one. I was wondering why that looked so solid.

If TFC want to play Jham as a #9 then we would probably see something like

-------------------Jham---
------seba----------------
--Oso---babouli-----delgado
-----------cheyrou----------
-JM---Perq----moor--Beit-
-----------bono--------

portu
07-05-2016, 05:43 PM
------------Seba----------
----Oso------------Delgado--

Subs: Jozy, Chapman, Bloom, Hagglund,Roberts, Endo

I'd swap Oso for Endoh, given Seba is in midfield gonna take a lot more running to do the defensive work necessary

OgtheDim
07-05-2016, 06:12 PM
Chicago has one offensive weapon - Accam coming in at speed with the ball from the left Everything else is hit and hope. I'd like to see Bloom over there on the right midfield. Otherwise Beitashour is going to be nailed to the back.

C.Ronaldo
07-06-2016, 08:47 AM
agreed

plus Osario needs some bench time to contemplate.

Ruffian
07-06-2016, 09:01 AM
Chicago has one offensive weapon - Accam coming in at speed with the ball from the left Everything else is hit and hope.

John Goossens has been showing he can be an offensive threat and also Michael de Leeuw might get his first start in this game.

OgtheDim
07-06-2016, 09:08 AM
TFC twitter saying less then 1000 seats left.

Surprised.

ag futbol
07-06-2016, 09:41 AM
^ Really impressed with attendance this year. I thought the new capacity would be too much to take on but they've been on-point.

Safe to saw Seba has been a big part of that? At this trajectory a 40k SSS down the road (a decade away, but still) wouldn't be completely crazy.

Ruffian
07-06-2016, 09:44 AM
I think they have been benefiting from Euro Cup and Copa America attention.

mistercorporate
07-06-2016, 09:48 AM
^ Really impressed with attendance this year. I thought the new capacity would be too much to take on but they've been on-point.

Safe to saw Seba has been a big part of that? At this trajectory a 40k SSS down the road (a decade away, but still) wouldn't be completely crazy.

I'd say less than a decade away. 35,000 in 3 years and 40,000 within 6. Theyll probably start planning the next seat addition next season when we average 30,000/game.

Ultra & Proud
07-06-2016, 09:48 AM

Seba a part of it for sure but more importantly I think is that we made the playoffs last year and even though we're in a rough patch, we will be a playoff team this year. That's all that's really needed in this town to get people to come out. The town likes winners. The good weather lately hasn't hurt and I think the lid brings out more people during rain threats because they can beat some of the elements.

SoccMan2
07-06-2016, 09:58 AM
I'm pretty impressed by the attendance and when they announce the attendance it looks pretty accurate give or take, I thought 30 000 was too big and did not think they would have filled most of it like they have been doing so far. Last year they had so many games where the stadium was never even close to full, the upper deck on the east side was always so empty, and remember we had Seba last year too and it was his first year. I'm thinking the new renovations with the canopies has also increased the attendance people are also coming to check it out see what it looks like or maybe it's just the fact that TFC is becoming more relevant in Toronto and I also think MLS is becoming a little more popular also. It's still pretty fascinating considering TFC does not really get that much attention in the mainstream media TFC is definitely 5th in the mainstream media attention , the Argos are still in front in fourth and I would say receive a lot more coverage than TFC, with all this in mind the attendance is even more impressive considering all that.

Ultra & Proud
07-06-2016, 10:45 AM
I'm pretty impressed by the attendance and when they announce the attendance it looks pretty accurate give or take, I thought 30 000 was too big and did not think they would have filled most of it like they have been doing so far. Last year they had so many games where the stadium was never even close to full, the upper deck on the east side was always so empty, and remember we had Seba last year too and it was his first year. I'm thinking the new renovations with the canopies has also increased the attendance people are also coming to check it out see what it looks like or maybe it's just the fact that TFC is becoming more relevant in Toronto and I also think MLS is becoming a little more popular also. It's still pretty fascinating considering TFC does not really get that much attention in the mainstream media TFC is definitely 5th in the mainstream media attention , the Argos are still in front in fourth and I would say receive a lot more coverage than TFC, with all this in mind the attendance is even more impressive considering all that.
TFC get some good mentions on CP24 a lot of the time and that's probably the most overall watched channel in the city when you think about it. Even the morning show on there mentions the team when home games are coming up and they've had players in a few times this season.

Super
07-06-2016, 02:06 PM

The canopies absolutely helped to increase overall attendance. It's a much better game experience, and that will keep people coming. The people who were against the idea of a roof hopefully feel different now. Atmosphere is much better!

Fort York Redcoat
07-06-2016, 02:22 PM
The canopies absolutely helped to increase overall attendance. It's a much better game experience, and that will keep people coming. The people who were against the idea of a roof hopefully feel different now. Atmosphere is much better!

People were against a roof?

Ultra & Proud
07-06-2016, 03:05 PM
People were against a roof?
There were a few on here. Some because of the cost of getting the Argos in and some because the stadium doesn't feel like it used to anymore. It's not "our cute, little stadium" like it used to be.

Pint
07-06-2016, 03:12 PM
People said they would take the old stadium without the Argos... nobody ever said bad roof go away.

Ultra & Proud
07-06-2016, 04:28 PM
People said they would take the old stadium without the Argos... nobody ever said bad roof go away.

Pretty sure I saw a few Tweets from some known TFC bloggers that basically said that.

ag futbol
07-06-2016, 05:34 PM
There were a few on here. Some because of the cost of getting the Argos in and some because the stadium doesn't feel like it used to anymore. It's not "our cute, little stadium" like it used to be.
I'll admit I was in that camp. At the rate things are going it will be pretty clear who's stadium it is shortly.

You don't need a stadium in downtown Toronto so rural TV viewers in western Canada can watch CFL football.

mistercorporate
07-06-2016, 05:38 PM
I'll admit I was in that camp. At the rate things are going it will be pretty clear who's stadium it is shortly.

You don't need a stadium in downtown Toronto so rural TV viewers in western Canada can watch CFL football.

We keep getting sellouts this year and next and there will be impetous for further expansion, after that there will be no question whose stadium this is.

OgtheDim
07-06-2016, 06:08 PM
Well the roof might be getting a test on Saturday - all day spitting according to the latest forecast.

Blindside16
07-07-2016, 04:39 AM
FWIW all time against the Fire we are 4W - 9L - 8D 30GF 36GA. The last 5 meetings our record is 1W - 1L - 1D 9GF 9GA. I'm hoping for something positive out of this game. We need to put up points where ever we can, especially off of teams behind us in the table.

Pint
07-07-2016, 07:48 AM
FWIW all time against the Fire we are 4W - 9L - 8D 30GF 36GA. The last 5 meetings our record is 1W - 1L - 1D 9GF 9GA. I'm hoping for something positive out of this game. We need to put up points where ever we can, especially off of teams behind us in the table.

What?

Fort York Redcoat
07-07-2016, 07:50 AM

Well then I'd say the former haven't changed their tune in the slightest and the latter will probably adjust to it in time.

KGH
07-07-2016, 08:01 AM
What?

It's Garber Allocation Math

Blindside16
07-07-2016, 11:21 PM
What?

My mistake should have been 3 Draws

Voodooman
07-08-2016, 07:43 AM
It's Garber Allocation Math

I laughed a little too much to this aha

Ruffian
07-08-2016, 10:35 AM
Looks like Jozy might not be available.

https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/751437103884476416

Ultra & Proud
07-08-2016, 10:57 AM

I'd rather rest him against the Fire. A little more recovery.

Areathrasher
07-08-2016, 11:02 AM
edit: Nvm, it's a scheduled MRI.

OgtheDim
07-08-2016, 11:06 AM
A reminder

Its the annual Food Bank drive game

So bring a bag of rice to the game.

General Woolfe
07-08-2016, 09:00 PM
Surely as much of a must win game as you'll get. Especially if Orlando hold on against Houston tonight for a point that puts us below the red line. In all seriousness, three points is an absolute must tomorrow, injuries or no injuries...

General Woolfe
07-08-2016, 09:01 PM

Don't worry he'll be fit and have a couple of games under his belt by the time of the next USA friendly...

Same goes for Michael...

Ultra & Proud
07-08-2016, 10:37 PM
Surely as much of a must win game as you'll get. Especially if Orlando hold on against Houston tonight for a point that puts us below the red line. In all seriousness, three points is an absolute must tomorrow, injuries or no injuries...
Not taking anything away from that but it is the first week of July.

Joe Kool
07-09-2016, 01:40 AM
Chicago fans think they have a good chance to win. Apparently they haven't won on the road in 2 years? Can that be accurate? Didn't think a team could have a road record that bad. Hope we are not the ones that they beat to break them out of that.

OgtheDim
07-09-2016, 06:34 AM
GAME DAY :scarf:

Humidity broke over night. Chance of thunderstorms during the day and early evening but around 40%.

Yohan
07-09-2016, 07:53 AM
Game day!

I think my 2nd game of the year.
Plus it's RPB tailgate from 430 to 630!
Come find me anyone who wants to blab about all random things MLS related :)

MightyDM
07-09-2016, 08:36 AM

I was against asking for the roof, because it was obvious that Larry T and TSN were going to say the only way you get it is to bring the Argos in and when they did, "the fans asked for it, they want everything". Both things happened, they played us beautifully and made our objections to the Argos look petty and us like a bunch of whiners.

MightyDM
07-09-2016, 08:40 AM
Game day!

where have you been Yohan, come back!

Yohan
07-09-2016, 10:11 AM
where have you been Yohan, come back!
I live 5 hrs away from toronto now...

mistercorporate
07-09-2016, 10:20 AM
Game day!

Where's the tailgate?

Yohan
07-09-2016, 10:26 AM
Where's the tailgate?

East side parking lot. Look for red tents.
Or follow the smell of Glenn M ribs cooking.

mistercorporate
07-09-2016, 10:33 AM
East side parking lot. Look for red tents.
Or follow the smell of Glenn M ribs cooking.

Excellent, way to make the most of the opportunity! Is this the first ever TFC tailgate on BMO Field property?

OgtheDim
07-09-2016, 10:37 AM
FWIW

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cm7c_vPUkAAJMvb.jpg

OgtheDim
07-09-2016, 10:39 AM
The only thing I would say about that is we have 3 games in the next 7 days including a trip to California and this, in theory, is the easiest of the 3 cause we are at home.

Ultra & Proud
07-09-2016, 10:40 AM
FWIW

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cm7c_vPUkAAJMvb.jpg

Probably fairly accurate this time but I'd switch Chapman with Endoh or drop him entirely if Cheyrou can go.

Richard
07-09-2016, 10:44 AM
What's up with Perquis? Is he not playing?

mistercorporate
07-09-2016, 10:46 AM
What's up with Perquis? Is he not playing?

Probably saving him for next game, lots of matches ahead on a tight schedule. Need to have a mix of vets and rookies balanced out over the next few games due to injuries of key players.

mistercorporate
07-09-2016, 10:55 AM
At some point it would be nice to see Raheem Edwards start.

Ultra & Proud
07-09-2016, 11:13 AM
At some point it would be nice to see Raheem Edwards start.
Not sure he's ready for that yet. Haven't seen enough of him to judge really. I would like to see him get more than 10 minutes for a change and let him have a solid 25+ minutes a match for a couple matches to see what we have in him.

OgtheDim
07-09-2016, 11:14 AM
So not only is Mr. Nicole Kidman at the amphitheatre tonight, its WWE night at the Ricoh starting at the same time as the game.

Add that to the Indy stuff being assembled and its going to be fun getting in and out tonight.

Discostu81
07-09-2016, 11:23 AM
So not only is Mr. Nicole Kidman at the amphitheatre tonight, its WWE night at the Ricoh starting at the same time as the game.

Add that to the Indy stuff being assembled and its going to be fun getting in and out tonight.

We should start John Cena instead of Delgado.

Ultra & Proud
07-09-2016, 11:35 AM
We should start John Cena instead of Delgado.
And our uniforms should be flannel shirts.

molenshtain
07-09-2016, 01:34 PM
I think we'll win pretty easily today. Gonna enjoy this one.

Seba with a brace, one for Hamilton and one more for one of the other kids. 4-0.

Lennon
07-09-2016, 02:26 PM
Guys, is there anywhere around the stadium that I can leave my laptop bag? I don't think I'll be able to get inside with it.

mistercorporate
07-09-2016, 02:28 PM
Guys, is there anywhere around the stadium that I can leave my laptop bag? I don't think I'll be able to get inside with it.

Put it in your trunk.

Lennon
07-09-2016, 02:33 PM
Put it in your trunk.

Just sold my car haha.

mistercorporate
07-09-2016, 02:34 PM
Just sold my car haha.
Lock your laptop at the office and your laptop bag in your desk drawer :) pick it up after or the next day if you really need it.

AFCB+TFC
07-09-2016, 04:42 PM
This has got to be a win, were dropping too many points at home even factoring in our injuries. I think Seba will break out of his slump tonight, predicting a 2-0 win.

OgtheDim
07-09-2016, 06:04 PM
Well I'm not getting wet.... Yet.

QBall
07-09-2016, 06:44 PM
Well I'm not getting wet.... Yet.
+
:facepalm:

QBall
07-09-2016, 06:49 PM
Anyone else get the feeling Chicago is playing for the 0-0 tie?

Onyx
07-09-2016, 06:55 PM
chi plays like that every game.

where is everyone tonight, my section is 1/3rd full .. summer vacations / weekend cottages i guess

AFCB+TFC
07-09-2016, 06:59 PM
Man Endoh has been a steal at #9 in the draft, guys got a bright future in MLS.

QBall
07-09-2016, 07:00 PM
The only thing worse than being a Chicago Fire fan is........nope I got nuthin'

AFCB+TFC
07-09-2016, 07:05 PM
Just noticed Hamilton left that for Morrow and blocked the defender off. He seems to have real potential from what we've seen of him this year.

AFCB+TFC
07-09-2016, 07:09 PM
Love the viking chant at BMO! glad to see Iceland left their mark on world football over the Euros in more ways than their great tournament.

Onyx
07-09-2016, 07:10 PM
The only thing worse than being a Chicago Fire fan is........nope I got nuthin'

they are the worst team in MLS ... no chance they score tonight ... no players no fans garber just stick a fork in them like chivas

CBTFC
07-09-2016, 07:12 PM
Drew Moor is a beast out there

Inklink
07-09-2016, 07:16 PM
Does Delgado do anything useful?

nonc
07-09-2016, 07:25 PM

I've liked this player but he's been suspect this year. He's had an astonishingly bad half.

AFCB+TFC
07-09-2016, 07:29 PM
Good punch by Bono, he's played well since that one mishap in Orlando.

Onyx
07-09-2016, 07:29 PM
we have to dominate 2nd half -- bono not so sharp on few chances CHI had

AFCB+TFC
07-09-2016, 07:32 PM

He's good defensively and is pretty good at finishing (not on long shots though, he's been doing that too much lately.) He's a borderline starter in MLS in my opinion.

PopePouri
07-09-2016, 07:33 PM

Better question is has Brandon Vincent done anything useful?

Hugh Jazz
07-09-2016, 07:42 PM
Delgado and Osorio both need to be better taking on defenders. Cheyrou has been great, Chicago has to be on him next half.

Soccerpro
07-09-2016, 08:03 PM
Delgado and Osorio both need to be better taking on defenders. Cheyrou has been great, Chicago has to be on him next half.

Delgado and Osorio are both slow players. In order to take players on and beat them, you need to be at least slightly faster than average. Neither of them are.

That's why TFC are trying to sign Ricketts, I'd imagine.

Onyx
07-09-2016, 08:30 PM
half the people in my section came @20min and left @75min ... only a hour of futbol. why even come? is there something else happening tonite?

Onyx
07-09-2016, 08:31 PM
we could play 900 minutes tonite and CHI will never score

Onyx
07-09-2016, 08:32 PM
holy shit almost on last shot

PizzaEatingYeti
07-09-2016, 08:40 PM
we could play 900 minutes tonite and CHI will never score

But we would score 1 more every 180 minutes!

Alonso
07-09-2016, 08:47 PM
Not a bad game for TFC's B squad.

Maybe I expect too much now, but the game just wasn't satisfying.

Giovinco with a great assist, but opposing teams are crowding and closing him down pretty regularly and consistently on his attack.

There should be tons of room for the other forwards but no one is finding it.

mistercorporate
07-09-2016, 08:54 PM
Game was super entertaining, wish more people passed to Hamilton, he was showing better finishing skills than Giovinco this game.

Leedsoronto
07-09-2016, 09:11 PM
Game was super entertaining, wish more people passed to Hamilton, he was showing better finishing skills than Giovinco this game.

He held back the defender to leave room and a clear shot on goal. Great insight by JH

OgtheDim
07-09-2016, 09:25 PM
That shot down low that Hamilton took. That was Larinesque in its quickness.

ManUtd4ever
07-09-2016, 09:44 PM
Not a bad game for TFC's B squad.

Maybe I expect too much now, but the game just wasn't satisfying.

Giovinco with a great assist, but opposing teams are crowding and closing him down pretty regularly and consistently on his attack.

There should be tons of room for the other forwards but no one is finding it.

Our B squad dominated the entire match, and our ball movement was fluid. Our inability to finish has been a constant though, even with our starters. I hope that when (if) this team is finally able to field it's best starting eleven, the offensive production will resemble last season.

ManUtd4ever
07-09-2016, 09:47 PM

He's been really impressive in his first stint at this level. I wasn't expecting him to have such technical ability, especially in close. He has already shown that he can be effective against MLS defenders. Four goals in his first 6 games for our club. Not too shabby.

ag futbol
07-09-2016, 10:05 PM
Larin's quick release is really something. Definitely one of a kind for this league.

Glad Hamilton continues to do well. Lot of intangibles around his game.

Win is a win, I'll take it. For the kids benefit would have been nice to smash them by an extra goal or two to build confidence but this will more than do.

Hamilton_Red
07-09-2016, 10:28 PM
That was the weakest team in MLS... haven't won away in 30+ games. That was far from a convincing performance. Endoh might be the weakest player we have had in the centre of mid-field since Bekker. Clean sheet was positive. Getting the three points was positive. Can't believe that we aren't strengthening the team during this transfer window. Great planning by the front office.

BelfastBoy
07-09-2016, 11:05 PM
Seba had a hulkamania moment there. Unfortunately he was unable to run wild on the Chicago defence:facepalm:

OgtheDim
07-09-2016, 11:08 PM
.... Endoh might be the weakest player we have had in the centre of mid-field since Bekker.

Did not see that at all.

Endoh is the one midfielder who will take the ball centrally turn and drive towards space. Defenders back up from him. I saw this happen at least 5 times tonight and every time it happens, we get an opportunity to attack their line. He goes forward and that's something we don't see from anybody else centrally outside of the forwards.

Delgado won't do it, while Osorio is looking for the quick one each time. Chapman can't do it.

khso11
07-10-2016, 12:17 AM
half the people in my section came @20min and left @75min ... only a hour of futbol. why even come? is there something else happening tonite?

This!!! There're people that wants to come support the team for 90', but couldn't get tickets, then there're these people that takes it for granted. :facepalm:

Still Kicking
07-10-2016, 08:22 AM
Did not see that at all.

Endoh is the one midfielder who will take the ball centrally turn and drive towards space. Defenders back up from him. I saw this happen at least 5 times tonight and every time it happens, we get an opportunity to attack their line. He goes forward and that's something we don't see from anybody else centrally outside of the forwards.

Delgado won't do it, while Osorio is looking for the quick one each time. Chapman can't do it.

Fully agree - I also like the way that Endoh sees the field laterally... last night when the Chicago set-up allowed for runs with the ball across the field - Endoh would do it with good speed and probing intent. Delgado is a frustrating puzzle for me - on the ball he does not drive forward, when he has the chance to take to the wing he does not do it. Beitashour's overlap would be a dangerous thing if Delgado was working the defenders..

portu
07-10-2016, 08:30 AM
Didn't get to watch the game (overseas with limited wifi).. But Am I the only one who thinks that through ball to morrow was actually intended for Hamilton but that Seba over hit it

OgtheDim
07-10-2016, 08:42 AM
Didn't get to watch the game (overseas with limited wifi).. But Am I the only one who thinks that through ball to morrow was actually intended for Hamilton but that Seba over hit it

You are correct
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OswnoiY_3vc

Ponderosa
07-10-2016, 09:08 AM
Don't be so quick to judge who arrive late or leave early...you don't know what's going on (sick family, kids, work, long commute)...they may have moved mountains just to be there when they could...wat matters is if they bring their hearts and support for the boys. ...of of course there will always be tourists and idiots. Just embrace them and let others passion will infect them and maybe they'll change.

Auzzy
07-10-2016, 09:11 AM
Hamilton could easily have gotten that ball as well, so I wouldn't call it "overhit." Hamilton smartly saw Morrow coming in at a better angle, slowed his run, therefore also blocking the Chicago defender and giving Morrow even more time. On a true "that's so TFC" day they would have run into each other and flubbed the chance.

I like the way Hamilton started that play, then headed straight for goal.

OgtheDim
07-10-2016, 09:21 AM
The one player I will criticise is Osorio with his finishing.

He has the ball at the top of the box from Seba and takes two touches. It gave their defence enough time to block him.

Osorio gets into great areas but he always takes that second touch before he strikes and its why he doesn't score as much as he should. I remember his goal earlier this season in the Cup against Montreal the commentators noted the Impact gave him way too much time because he had 2 touches before he shot.

If he doesn't fix this, all the hard work getting into the area isn't good enough. He's 24 - he's got this season and next to fix that scoring touch or he's peaked. I like his energy, I love how he connects to the fans. I like his one touch passing when he doesn't think. All this - and he needs work mentally on trusting himself. His first instinct is actually pretty good most of the time. But somebody somewhere got into his head he needs to settle things first before he shoots or passes.

mistercorporate
07-10-2016, 09:49 AM
Osorio is a passing expert and good on the ball, he just needs to work on finishing to be a better player.

Auzzy
07-10-2016, 10:01 AM
I agree with OGD! Osorio's hesitation is so maddening at times. He's a fairly slow runner; also being a slow thinker kills him. (That's the difference with Cheyrou for example.) There's at least one bad example of Osorio's hesitation to be seen in the highlights. I think he hesitates not just before shooting; also before many passes in the final third. It kills many plays. He has three assists all season. (And as a result, I think he's currently not a "passing expert.")

I think Osorio's has stalled in his development, or perhaps even reversed. It's too bad. Coaching staff need to somehow get him moving forward again. But during the games, they don't have a better option at the moment.

I was not happy with Delgado. So many bad decisions, so much poor execution. Lots of turnovers, impossible passes etc. Multiple TFC players were getting frustrated with him. Delgado had some very good games, but the last few were mostly off. What I really don't understand: why did Vanney leave him on all game, when it obviously wasn't working for him. Subbing Endoh off instead was inexplicable to me.

I know that Delgado does a bit more defending than some others. But I think that Endoh, or Chapman, can do as much defending as Delgado needed to do yesterday vs. Chicago. Vanney also waited too long again with the first sub, the first one out was Endoh at 82'. TFC needed an earlier spark to add a goal and put the game away. Subbing Babouli for Hamilton at 85' also meant we didn't get any extra offensive punch, as Hamilton was our biggest goal-scoring threat yesterday.

Giovinco is truly snakebitten. Beautiful plays to set himself up, then missing some easy shots. At other times trying to shoot through a thicket of defenders. How can he get out of his slump? He hasn't scored a single freekick goal all year, which also means opposing players are less afraid to foul him than the were last year.

Overall, our mostly B team did well though -- against a truly awful Chicago side. Even when TFC screwed up, they couldn't make them pay. Although Chicago almost nicked the tie near the end, Bono had no chance on that rocket shot.

Lennon
07-10-2016, 10:45 AM
The one player I will criticise is Osorio with his finishing.

Agreed. Dude just doesn't take enough shots. Without looking it up, it wouldn't surprise me if Morrow has more goals for us than Osorio. That's pretty bad.

dupont
07-10-2016, 11:24 AM
Don't be so quick to judge who arrive late or leave early...you don't know what's going on (sick family, kids, work, long commute)...they may have moved mountains just to be there when they could...wat matters is if they bring their hearts and support for the boys. ...of of course there will always be tourists and idiots. Just embrace them and let others passion will infect them and maybe they'll change.

I've never been late for a game until yesterday. I usually take the TTC and always arrive on time. Yesterday my brother wanted to drive to the game... it was hell! I missed the entire first half because of traffic! I'll never judge people for being late again now that I've seen what driving to games is like. For me, back to the bus! :)

AirmanTFC
07-10-2016, 03:09 PM

THIS

I live just outside Ottawa and need to duck out early on occasion to get the GO train, hour on that then 3 hour drive home. Hate having to do it but if I don't it's an extra hour and with work and family it's a must sometimes.

MightyDM
07-10-2016, 09:10 PM
Agree with those who question why Endoh was subbed and not Delgado. We were counting and Delgado had five giveaways - terrible ones, like passes to the other team - before we stopped counting. I really think Vanney has a blind spot here.

on the other hand, I strongly disagree about Oso. His particular ability to move the ball in tight compliments Seba very well, but he needs to be played at forward point. Not wing.

plus this was Sebastian best game for a long time. He was using all of his team mates and not discriminating, only passing to the proven talents ( most of them are hurt). And in doing so, he ended up with more chances than normal. Plus he looked like he was really involved in the game.

PAOK17
07-10-2016, 09:14 PM
I couldn't make the match, but heard that every seat in the stadium was wet upon arrival, including the East stand. Is that true? I hope not

Lennon
07-10-2016, 09:29 PM
I couldn't make the match, but heard that every seat in the stadium was wet upon arrival, including the East stand. Is that true? I hope not

Seats in the south were wet.

molenshtain
07-10-2016, 09:45 PM

Doubt it. Mine weren't.

Yohan
07-10-2016, 09:58 PM
1. GlennM ribs are the bomb.

2. I had a bad feeling that once TFC couldn't get the 2nd goal, the typical TFC jinx happens and Chicago gets a late equalizer, but that didn't happen. Gotta put away these weak teams early. Chicago let TFC pretty much do anything on attack and should have taken advantage of that.

3. Holy moly... Giovinco just can't buy a goal. Absolutely cursed at the moment. He played like this in a game last season and he nets a brace or a hat trick. This season, yikes.

4. Justin Morrow scores often ish for a fullback. Both Beitashour and Morrow make better wingbacks than fullbacks IMO.

5. Endoh has good potential. Should have had a goal except for bad luck

Leedsoronto
07-11-2016, 07:08 AM

Really? This is unacceptable!!! Maybe someone should write a stern letter to the people who control the weather at BMO :@)

Pint
07-11-2016, 07:48 AM
Most of the stadium was wet, really not sure why people are surprised by this.

We don't have a covered stadium we have a stadium that has a canopy that provides some cover.

Areathrasher
07-11-2016, 08:06 AM

Nope. Mine and those around me in the east were dry.

OgtheDim
07-11-2016, 08:31 AM

One guy on twitter who sits in the north part of the West side tweeted out a picture suggesting it was all seats. As the rain was coming from the North, that's bound to happen where he was.

By no means all...mine was dry. As others have suggested, its not a dome. Rain is going to happen.

mistercorporate
07-11-2016, 08:48 AM
Simple, take your cupped palm and wipe it off your seat. Then sit. Bunch of pansies.

Canary10
07-11-2016, 09:08 AM
I was at a cottage and missed the game - couldn't even see it on TV. Seba had 13 shots?! Were these all good chances, or is he being told to just shoot from anywhere? Worries me if that's what our offense has become.

spark
07-11-2016, 09:13 AM
Nope. Mine and those around me in the east were dry.

At the 27th row of the East stand, north east corner, all the seats were wet.

dupont
07-11-2016, 09:15 AM
I was at a cottage and missed the game - couldn't even see it on TV. Seba had 13 shots?! Were these all good chances, or is he being told to just shoot from anywhere? Worries me if that's what our offense has become.

He did a free kick off the post and had a pretty good chance that he fired just wide in the second half. He played a lot better and was passing more than other times this season. Also Hamilton and Endoh both got robbed of glorious chances too. The scoreline really flatters Chicago in my opinion.

Areathrasher
07-11-2016, 09:32 AM
At the 27th row of the East stand, north east corner, all the seats were wet.

Strange. I'm in the 25th row in 111. They were all bone dry when I arrived 40ish mins before the game.

JayMolly
07-11-2016, 09:37 AM
Simple, take your cupped palm and wipe it off your seat. Then sit. Bunch of pansies.

Cleaning off the seat with your hand or serviettes from the concession stands isn't a big problem.
We recall years ago, at the beginning of a match after it rained, BMO Field staff actually had towels to wipe the seats for us.
So now with a canopy/overhang, there was some expectation our seating area would actually be protected from the rain.

spark
07-11-2016, 09:40 AM
Strange. I'm in the 25th row in 111. They were all bone dry when I arrived 40ish mins before the game.

Can't say why. Maybe because the north end is more open? I'm sure it depends on wind/direction etc ... for the most part we've been good.

spark
07-11-2016, 09:51 AM
Agree with those who question why Endoh was subbed and not Delgado. We were counting and Delgado had five giveaways - terrible ones, like passes to the other team - before we stopped counting. I really think Vanney has a blind spot here.

on the other hand, I strongly disagree about Oso. His particular ability to move the ball in tight compliments Seba very well, but he needs to be played at forward point. Not wing.

plus this was Sebastian best game for a long time. He was using all of his team mates and not discriminating, only passing to the proven talents ( most of them are hurt). And in doing so, he ended up with more chances than normal. Plus he looked like he was really involved in the game.

I think it's to be expected Vanney might have 'his guys' who he'll give more of a chance ie Delgado. I'm not too aggrieved he wasn't subbed out instead of Endoh, as I thought it made more sense position-wise for Endoh-Chapman.

I'm with you re Oso. Re Auzzy comment on his development, Oso is at a point where simply the next stage for him comes with minutes/experience. He has a good skillset, and we've seen he can score nice goals, he just needs to continue to log match minutes - it might be frustrating at times but it will pay off. Cheyrou isn't who he is simply from growing up in Paris/Lille - he's played 30+ games a season since he was 21.

Yohan
07-11-2016, 09:58 AM
I thought he made good decisions for most of the game. He did lose possession couple of times trying to go 1v1 or 1v2, but Fire defenders are either junk or inexperienced. Most of his shots were high quality shots and he should have potted at least a goal or 2. Got his teammates more involved as well with his passing.

OgtheDim
07-11-2016, 11:10 AM
Its that constant second touch by Oso that he needs to get past. I like how he gets to spots and I love what happens when he doesn't think. But his need for two touches then a shot is killing his progress.

Fort York Redcoat
07-11-2016, 11:23 AM
Chicago missed Gilberto.

http://assets3.sportsnet.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/gilberto-1040x572.jpg

Had to say it.

spark
07-11-2016, 11:42 AM
Its that constant second touch by Oso that he needs to get past. I like how he gets to spots and I love what happens when he doesn't think. But his need for two touches then a shot is killing his progress.

Don't disagree. I'd rather him either attempt to strike on the first touch or just take one touch and miss than continue to get nothing out of always trying to settle a perfect ball.

paul-collins
07-11-2016, 03:43 PM
I've never been late for a game until yesterday. I usually take the TTC and always arrive on time. Yesterday my brother wanted to drive to the game... it was hell! I missed the entire first half because of traffic.
The Keith Urban concert and the WWE event at Ricoh played havoc with GO trains also. The 6:43 departure from Union arrived full of fully refreshed teens and millenials all heading to the Ex, so everyone was standing.

The train didn't arrive until 6:58 and took 10 minutes to cram on, and then it took forever to get through the tunnel. Once we got in, my son and I ran up the stairs, hit the pits, and he grabbed some food while I went to grab my beer, and we missed the first minute of play.

This was after being at Union 47 minutes before official kickoff, with a supposed 5 minute train ride.

MightyDM
07-11-2016, 08:25 PM
The Keith Urban concert and the WWE event at Ricoh played havoc with GO trains also. The 6:43 departure from Union arrived full of fully refreshed teens and millenials all heading to the Ex, so everyone was standing.

The train didn't arrive until 6:58 and took 10 minutes to cram on, and then it took forever to get through the tunnel. Once we got in, my son and I ran up the stairs, hit the pits, and he grabbed some food while I went to grab my beer, and we missed the first minute of play.

This was after being at Union 47 minutes before official kickoff, with a supposed 5 minute train ride.

in a more organized place, there would be extra trains. Will only happen if people speak up. Why don't you write to the GO Board? They could have put extra trains on. Absurd.

spe18
07-11-2016, 09:49 PM

in a more organized place, there would be extra trains. Will only happen if people speak up. Why don't you write to the GO Board? They could have put extra trains on. Absurd.

I was on the 6:13 train out of Union. Didn't seem to have the same problems that seem to have happened on the 6:43 train, many empty seats. I guess that's what happens when everyone waits until the last minute to get to the venues!

Blizzard
07-11-2016, 11:54 PM
You are correct
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OswnoiY_3vc

Neither of you are correct. It wasn't over hit. Hamilton backed off when he saw Morrow running on to it with a better angle on goal than he had. He also shielded the defender so Morrow could shoot unimpeded. If Morrow hadn't been there, Hamilton would have taken the ball and had a shot himself.

paul-collins
07-12-2016, 12:32 PM
Normally the 6:43 is plenty early to get to the game, but they had also just started the work on LSE that has cut down the frequency of eastern trains to hourly. (The 6:13 was probably starting at Union, so spe18 should have had an empty train) So the train was packed not just because of the event, but because of the lack of service out east.

GO does have extra trains departing after the game (going west), but I don't think there's a need for an extra going east afterwards.

I'm guessing they were caught off guard by the confluence of 3 events at the Ex with similar start times.

C.Ronaldo
07-12-2016, 03:05 PM
Neither of you are correct. It wasn't over hit. Hamilton backed off when he saw Morrow running on to it with a better angle on goal than he had. He also shielded the defender so Morrow could shoot unimpeded. If Morrow hadn't been there, Hamilton would have taken the ball and had a shot himself.

I really wanna know what happened in Portugal with JHams, possibly culture shock but if he was able to fill Jozy's shoes here, he should have been able join the team in Portugal and eat some pao com churico

Pint
07-12-2016, 03:17 PM
I really wanna know what happened in Portugal with JHams, possibly culture shock but if he was able to fill Jozy's shoes here, he should have been able join the team in Portugal and eat some pao com churico

Would be an interesting story... was scoring with Wilmington to the point where USL seamed too low of a league for him, went to Portugal and couldn't really crack the squad, came back and couldn't find a footing with TFC 2 to the point where a number wanted him released and only got a shot this year because of a cap crunch and injuries.

I'm sure the conversation will move to "is a non DP Jham's a better than Altidore" once he comes back and doesnt score in his first game.

spe18
07-14-2016, 10:10 PM
Normally the 6:43 is plenty early to get to the game, but they had also just started the work on LSE that has cut down the frequency of eastern trains to hourly. (The 6:13 was probably starting at Union, so spe18 should have had an empty train) So the train was packed not just because of the event, but because of the lack of service out east.

GO does have extra trains departing after the game (going west), but I don't think there's a need for an extra going east afterwards.

I'm guessing they were caught off guard by the confluence of 3 events at the Ex with similar start times.

Oh ya, I totally forgot about LSE trains down to every hour this past weekend. And yet I myself come in from the east end.....I was on the LSE line, and stopped by downtown first before going to Exhibition.

BuSaPuNk
07-25-2016, 08:06 AM
Bono
Cheyrou Osorio Chapman
Giovinco
Altidore Hamilton

Thoughts Reds??

Your PM's are full.