PDA

View Full Version : Bradley and Johnson back this week?

vince93
07-01-2016, 11:24 AM
http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2016/07/01/injury-update-michael-bradley-and-will-johnson

Joe Kool
07-01-2016, 11:34 AM
Saw that. Seems like every injury anyone gets on our team it is for 6 weeks. I think Giovinco's knock was the only exception. What the hell.... Hopefully Cheyrou can stay healthy. Busy part of our schedule to pick up so many injuries.

DinamoTFC
07-01-2016, 11:40 AM
Johnson I'm okay with. He put his body on the line for a championship.

Bradley and Altidore complete disasters. Great players to our team but useless in the sense they spend more time injured/with the USMNT than they do with us which totally handicaps us.

Auzzy
07-01-2016, 11:43 AM
We're also talking about it in the "in season player" thread...

Yohan
07-01-2016, 12:16 PM
http://www.mlssoccer.com/injuries

OUT: F - Jozy Altidore (hamstring injury 5/14, out 6-8 weeks)
OUT: M - Daniel Lovitz (knee injury)
OUT: D - Ashtone Morgan (foot injury)
OUT: GK - Clint Irwin (quad injury 6/25, out 6 weeks)
OUT: M - Michael Bradley (knee sprain 6/25, out 6 weeks)
OUT: M - Will Johnson (tibial plateau fracture 6/29, out 6 weeks)

MartinUtd
07-01-2016, 12:48 PM
Damn, so what's our preferred midfield now?

Osorio - Cheyrou - Chapman ...?

Or do we go 442 with Delgado and Endoh on the wings and Babouli/Hamilton occupying the 2nd striker position?

Oldtimer
07-01-2016, 01:31 PM
Jozy should be coming back soon.

Oldtimer
07-01-2016, 01:40 PM
Looking at things though, the post season looks in jeopardy. Strangely enough, people will blame Vanney for not doing better with "3 DPs," although we've barely seen any games with all 3.

dupont
07-01-2016, 05:44 PM
Oh man... That is 4 key long term injuries already. All the international games missed for Bradley too. We had a pretty solid team built for this season but we never really get many chances to see it. I am also worried about the post season chances now.

flamehawk
07-01-2016, 06:47 PM
Could we call manella back up or is he on one of those permanent loan

notthesun
07-01-2016, 07:02 PM
Could we call manella back up or is he on one of those permanent loan

No, he can be recalled.

ensco
07-01-2016, 10:24 PM
Johnson has a type of broken leg. Six weeks is extremely optimistic. Weight bearing leg fractures always require tons of rehab, because you have to immobilize the leg while it heels, and it atrophies. October is more like it.

James17930
07-02-2016, 02:51 AM
Johnson has a type of broken leg. Six weeks is extremely optimistic. Weight bearing leg fractures always require tons of rehab, because you have to immobilize the leg while it heels, and it atrophies. October is more like it.

:( :( :(

portu
07-02-2016, 06:36 AM
If we miss the playoffs it's down to injuries and not Vanney, absolutely ridiculous how many setbacks we've had now

ensco
07-02-2016, 06:59 AM
If we miss the playoffs it's down to injuries and not Vanney, absolutely ridiculous how many setbacks we've had now

Not ridiculous. Have a look at Montreal's injury sheet, that is ridiculous.

Montreal above .500 (and us) and competing in spite of it, somehow.

General Woolfe
07-02-2016, 01:16 PM
Sick and tired of Bradley giving his all for the US to our detriment.

Red CB Toronto
07-02-2016, 02:12 PM
Sick and tired of Bradley giving his all for the US to our detriment.

That is the nature of it when signing better players, they play international football.

ag futbol
07-02-2016, 02:38 PM
That is the nature of it when signing better players, they play international football.
Context: Bradley is not an automatic selection for a squad of a strong national team. While they play different positions our DP striker is proportionately of better quality and that hasn't been an issue. Also, the USMNT has played friendlies on non-FIFA dates and we've released him during those periods.

So I'd disagree it's automatically a problem with better players. We could sign numerous players from about a dozen top countries and this would rarely or never be a problem. At the very least the NT callups would be less rediculous than the USMNT dog and pony show and JK's outrageous training methods.

shwade
07-02-2016, 04:41 PM
Context: Bradley is not an automatic selection for a squad of a strong national team. While they play different positions our DP striker is proportionately of better quality and that hasn't been an issue. Also, the USMNT has played friendlies on non-FIFA dates and we've released him during those periods.

So I'd disagree it's automatically a problem with better players. We could sign numerous players from about a dozen top countries and this would rarely or never be a problem. At the very least the NT callups would be less rediculous than the USMNT dog and pony show and JK's outrageous training methods.

+a thousand

mistercorporate
07-02-2016, 05:07 PM
If we need to replace anyone its Altidore, Bradley plays well and doesnt get injured often.

TFC1154ever
07-02-2016, 10:37 PM
Forgot about Johnson might not be back in time for Canada's huge last 2 games of WCQ. 6 weeks is cutting it close.

YYZ_Fan
07-04-2016, 12:51 PM
Anyone have # of games missed (injury/USMNT) vs played for Altidore & Bradley since joining the club? I would guess at least 25%?

ManUtd4ever
07-04-2016, 01:28 PM
The only positive regarding the injuries is the subsequent emergence of our youth. I haven't noticed a significant drop off in play without Bradley and Altidore in particular. Hamilton and Chapman have proven to be adequate replacements for them.

If it continues, at some point you have to wonder if we would be wise to gage the market for them. I think we could make better use of 2 DP slots, let alone 11 million dollars in payroll.

jabbronies
07-04-2016, 01:29 PM
Bradley Played:

25/34 games in 2014
26/34 games in 2015
12/16 games in 2016

Altidore Played:

22/34 games in 2015
6/16 games in 2016

Red4ever
07-04-2016, 01:40 PM
Forgot about Johnson might not be back in time for Canada's huge last 2 games of WCQ. 6 weeks is cutting it close.

Yeah I don't think he will make it back :( However if he does, Canada should be his priority. The September games are far too important.

Fort York Redcoat
07-04-2016, 02:27 PM
Anybody mind if we edit the title as these nail biting weeks go by to reflect the countdown?

__wowza
07-04-2016, 03:03 PM
Yeah I don't think he will make it back :( However if he does, Canada should be his priority. The September games are far too important.

i'd rather have him with the club. then again i'm not a CMNT supporter so my point is probably moot.

Anybody mind if we edit the title as these nail biting weeks go by to reflect the countdown?

go for it.

BuSaPuNk
07-04-2016, 03:08 PM
i'd rather have him with the club. then again i'm not a CMNT supporter so my point is probably moot.

Agreed we pay his salary. Were the priority.

Pint
07-04-2016, 03:15 PM
We are off and i believe the league is on break over that international window right? We play at home the 27th then not til we are in Chicago on Sept 10th.

Likely wouldn't head to camp til the 28th or 29th so if he is healthy he absolutely should be going and playing with CMNT at Honduras and home to El Salvador

Red4ever
07-04-2016, 09:58 PM
Veering wildly off topic: I will never be able to warp my head around the idea that anyone can go mental for a club but not country.

Veering somewhat off topic: if Canada makes a World Cup, TFC will benefit. If TFC wins an MLS cup, I doubt it moves the needle nearly as much.

Veering back on topic: as much as it pisses me off Bradley got dinged in a nothing game with the States, we understood his role when we got him. International football and major competitions specifically matter more.

BuSaPuNk
07-05-2016, 08:05 AM
Veering wildly off topic: I will never be able to warp my head around the idea that anyone can go mental for a club but not country.

Veering somewhat off topic: if Canada makes a World Cup, TFC will benefit. If TFC wins an MLS cup, I doubt it moves the needle nearly as much.

Veering back on topic: as much as it pisses me off Bradley got dinged in a nothing game with the States, we understood his role when we got him. International football and major competitions specifically matter more.

Some people just don't value International football it's pretty common.

Pint
07-05-2016, 08:08 AM

I agree with this, the best way for the game to grow in this country is for the mens side to have some international success.

Fort York Redcoat
07-05-2016, 08:16 AM
World Cup Qualifier vs Regular season game for possible pussplops one year.

I don't think he'll have to choose between them anyway.

Fort York Redcoat
07-05-2016, 08:26 AM
Some people just don't value International football it's pretty common.

Or specifically, their own representation in international football.

Euro talk is pretty common right now.

I get the urgency here for his return but the scope is just nowhere near the same.

BuSaPuNk
07-05-2016, 08:51 AM
Or specifically, their own representation in international football.

Euro talk is pretty common right now.

I get the urgency here for his return but the scope is just nowhere near the same.

Agreed.

The talk is one thing. It's topical and people will watch it but ask most they would take there club team in the Champions League final over a semi-final of a Euro ect. Easier for people to be overly passionate over a team they see week in and week out every year over a national team that only plays 4-5 times a year if your lucky.

Pint
07-05-2016, 08:55 AM
We don't even play during international breaks, MLS gives teams the option to not play.

The issues arrive for summer tournaments, which 2 of our DP's will be in every summer of their contract. We can and have debated if it is worth it to have DP's that miss time every year but for our canadian boys they miss for Gold Cup and thats about it. Should be no real debate if any of them are healthy that they should miss national team game.

Yohan
07-06-2016, 03:22 PM
http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/07/06/jozy-altidore-resumes-training-hopeful-new-treatments-solve-hamstring-woes

trane
07-08-2016, 04:01 PM
Looking at things though, the post season looks in jeopardy. Strangely enough, people will blame Vanney for not doing better with "3 DPs," although we've barely seen any games with all 3.

He has to learn to grind point without them, if we are serious about making the playoffs.