PDA

View Full Version : Today's News,Monday, July. 28

denime
07-28-2008, 05:38 AM
Not so many TFC related news for now if you find some post here,thanks.

Toronto on attack against West's best

Reds visit Western Conference leaders Real Salt Lake on Monday nigh

Still sitting atop the Western Conference, Real Salt Lake return home to Rice-Eccles Stadium to take on Toronto FC on a rare edition of Monday Night Football. The teams are both unbeaten on their home fields this season, but Toronto FC is on the road - where they have won just once in seven games this year. RSL has two more points than TFC and have played two more games, but the Reds find themselves tied for fourth place in the East.

Read more (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20080726&content_id=175855&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280)

http://i37.tinypic.com/34sjd3t.jpg

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/SUNshineGirl/home.html)

ilikemusic
07-28-2008, 09:34 AM
From TSN's The Reporters:

Dave Naylor, globesports.com: My thumb is down to the supporters of Toronto FC who wore black to the MLS All Star game to protest the notion that the Toronto Argonauts may one day call BMO Field home. Now I am may not get soccer, but I do get the fact that BMO Field has become the shrine to the sport in Southern Ontario. And it would probably seem like sacrilege to paint lines for three down football on the field there. One problem here, this is a tax payer-funded field, both soccer fans and CFL fans. So if Toronto FC fans want to keep CFL out, they should get out their checkbooks and pay for it.

Hold on there Dave. Did taxpayers pay for a National Soccer Stadium, or a new stadium for the Toronto Argonauts?

TicTacTabarnack
07-28-2008, 10:24 AM
Wow ... 10 out of 14 teams between 21 and 24 points (6 with 22 points) ... that's twight like a tig'a! Going to be an interesting second half of the season. Every game and every point counts!

werewolf
07-28-2008, 10:27 AM

Dave Naylor, globesports.com: My thumb is down to the supporters of Toronto FC who wore black to the MLS All Star game to protest the notion that the Toronto Argonauts may one day call BMO Field home. Now I am may not get soccer, but I do get the fact that BMO Field has become the shrine to the sport in Southern Ontario. And it would probably seem like sacrilege to paint lines for three down football on the field there. One problem here, this is a tax payer-funded field, both soccer fans and CFL fans. So if Toronto FC fans want to keep CFL out, they should get out their checkbooks and pay for it.

Cricket fans and Nascar fans payed for it as well, should we renovate the stadium for both those sports too and make it a super-ultra megaplex?

What about the tax-payer funded field the Argos currently play in?

Does anyone have that wankers e-mail, I would like to ask him myself.

Carts
07-28-2008, 10:30 AM
It would be rather poetic if we ended RSL's unbeaten home season ...

We have the worst road record - and we erase RSL's 0 loss column at home... It'd be sweet...

Carts...

koryo
07-28-2008, 10:42 AM
It would be rather poetic if we ended RSL's unbeaten home season ...

We have the worst road record - and we erase RSL's 0 loss column at home... It'd be sweet...

Carts...

I'm not sure I'm ready to consign the concept of gaining three points to the realm of the poetic just yet ;)

invictusTFC
07-28-2008, 11:02 AM

Sure.. lets spend more tax-payers money to make the necessary structural changes to accommodate CFL! The Argos have a place to play... My understanding is that they don't pay much to play there either.

The point is, BMO was meant to be a soccer specific stadium. I don't see the CSA nor MLSE supporting such an idea. The CSA will not be able to stage any internationals with football lines running across the field, and MLSE would struggle to hold onto their knowledgeable fan base as a result. Most TFC fans hate the plastic pitch; who wants to watch a game played on a field thats been even more bastardized?

tfcleeds
07-28-2008, 11:21 AM
Dave Naylor, globesports.com

Guy's probably never been to BMO in his life, yet he feels compelled to weigh in on the situation. This tax-payer argument is really starting to get old. The Argos currently play in a tax-payer funded facility (to the tune of $600 million) that, guess what, was built for them in mind (along with the Jays of course). And I have yet to hear the higher ups in Argo management say they actually WANT to move to BMO.

ilikemusic
07-28-2008, 11:31 AM
Cricket fans and Nascar fans payed for it as well, should we renovate the stadium for both those sports too and make it a super-ultra megaplex?

What about the tax-payer funded field the Argos currently play in?

Does anyone have that wankers e-mail, I would like to ask him myself.

Ive been looking for it on the Globe website but cant find it anywhere.