PDA

View Full Version : Voyageurs Cup Finals - 2nd leg Wednesday June 29th @ Vancouver

Pages : [1] 2

Oldtimer
06-23-2016, 08:30 AM
I say put Bradley on either for the whole thing or at the half and go for the win!

I want to see some continental football.

Oldtimer
06-23-2016, 08:31 AM
https://d13csqd2kn0ewr.cloudfront.net/uploads/image/file/183406/cropped_CjywB9eUgAMzYXu.jpg

OgtheDim
06-23-2016, 08:46 AM
I say Bradley starts.

3rd place Copa game on Saturday is in Arizona - even if he plays the 90 that day, he'll be more rested then the guys who went down to Orlando, back to Toronto and then over to Vancouver.

OgtheDim
06-24-2016, 06:48 PM
This is it. For all the marbles. :canada:

Fully expecting the team to put it all on the line for this game.

TFC flying direct via charter from Orlando to Vancouver on Sunday. Bradley likely to join them direct from Arizona after playing a full game on Saturday against Colombia (Jurgen saying he is playing his best team).

Ivy
06-24-2016, 09:44 PM
I wanna win this thing so bad!!!!
I don't care if we field a B team against Orlando, as long as we're ready to field the strongest possible team for the cup.

Mateo1985
06-24-2016, 10:32 PM
I want champions league next year!!! Let's go boys!!!

Red CB Toronto
06-24-2016, 10:45 PM
I say Bradley starts.

3rd place Copa game on Saturday is in Arizona - even if he plays the 90 that day, he'll be more rested then the guys who went down to Orlando, back to Toronto and then over to Vancouver.

The Reds are traveling straight out to Vancouver from Orlando.

JayMolly
06-25-2016, 09:13 AM
This is it. For all the marbles. :canada:

Fully expecting the team to put it all on the line for this game.

^
We agree.

FIAF
06-25-2016, 05:38 PM
It's disappointing that this tournament is for next year's tournament. It should be for this year's concacaf champions league. Things change a lot in a year. Players go, level drops etc.

PAOK17
06-26-2016, 10:00 AM
It's disappointing that this tournament is for next year's tournament. It should be for this year's concacaf champions league. Things change a lot in a year. Players go, level drops etc.
Agreed - though I understand the logic. Typically, summer league champions play in the following year's championship (see Scandinavian teams in Europe, even our own US MLS teams). It only seems weird for us because our mini Canadian championship is so short that it's done well before the CCL starts for that year, whereas true summer championships end after the continental competition has begun. When we start getting more teams in the Canadian Championship, it will make more sense.

One thing that annoys me about the media is that they refer to the Canadian Championship more as a qualifier for CCL, as if it's part of the CCL, when it's not. As it grows, I hope they refer to it as our domestic Cup. Vic Rauter kept referring to all the Amyway games as Champions League games. The Voyagers Cup is no more a CCL qualifier than the FA Cup is a Europa League qualifier.

Auzzy
06-26-2016, 10:53 AM
Another plastic field, crap... I hope we don't lose any more players to injury.

At least the weather should be better. Wed. expecting a high of 23 degrees, feeling like 28 in Vancouver. By 7pm local start time it should be cooler (15 degrees expected overnight).

Fort York Redcoat
06-26-2016, 12:22 PM
Van really turned their match around yesterday in Philly. We gotta bring our best for this one.

Onyx
06-26-2016, 12:49 PM
we will see how seriously the caps take this game.
robbo has seen his team get worn down by two straight years in dual ccl and mls schedule late in season. I don't get the sense the caps are super motivated ... big difference between 34-38 games a year and mid-40s.

we will see who they start. It is a home game, probably more of a MLS lineup, but Robbo has said that this year CCL is for development of their young players.

moralis
06-26-2016, 01:36 PM
Update on Perquis and Beitashour:

John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro) 19h19 hours ago (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/746842355005816832) I'm told Perquis and Beitashour are banged up, thus they were given maintenance days.

Red CB Toronto
06-27-2016, 01:46 PM
Clint Irwin flew back to Toronto from Orlando and Q flew out to Vancouver from TO on Sunday. With the rotation the Reds have had with Q and Alex been first team backup and TFC2 starter, I wonder if much consideration and thought is being given to who starts on Wednesday.

Pint
06-27-2016, 02:00 PM
Other than the reffing decisions, bono's misplay cost TFC points and it's not like he has been solid with TFC 2. You may as well give your homegrown kid who has looked better over the past year and a half the start.

OgtheDim
06-28-2016, 11:24 AM
According to

https://issuu.com/canadasoccer/docs/2016_canchamp_program

Perquis but no Bradley.

Jpexxx
06-28-2016, 11:37 AM
http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2016/06/25/clint-irwin-injury-update

Clint out 6 weeks.

Who gets the start in Van?

DeRo2015
06-28-2016, 11:37 AM
Clint Irwin out for 6 weeks :(

http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2016/06/25/clint-irwin-injury-update

Detroit_TFC
06-28-2016, 11:42 AM
This is bad. Really bad.

Richard
06-28-2016, 11:45 AM
Put in Roberts, if you are not going to see what you got out of him now then just release him. He has had years of experience going through the lower level leagues and now is the time to see what we have.

OgtheDim
06-28-2016, 11:46 AM
This is why you bring in two young guys and give them games and see. Neither of them will be as good as Irwin. But, they either prove themselves decent back ups or they are let go in an offseason or two.

All they have to be is Konopka good enough.

Ruffian
06-28-2016, 12:35 PM
The interview videos posted on TFC's website and the preview video both seem to imply that Bono will get the start. I was really hoping for Roberts.

Chevy
06-28-2016, 12:43 PM
This is why you bring in two young guys and give them games and see. Neither of them will be as good as Irwin. But, they either prove themselves decent back ups or they are let go in an offseason or two.

All they have to be is Konopka good enough.

I will likely use this phrase more than a few times during my employee's performance reviews.

__wowza
06-28-2016, 12:50 PM
Toronto FC Roster - Amway Canadian Championship Final Second Leg
Goalkeepers (2): Alex Bono, Quillan Roberts
Defenders (9): Steven Beitashour, Mark Bloom, Nick Hagglund, Drew Moor, Justin Morrow, Damien Perquis, Clement Simonin, Josh Williams, Eriq Zavaleta
Midfielders (8): Benoit Cheyrou, Marky Delgado, Raheem Edwards, Tsubasa Endoh, Will Johnson, Daniel Lovitz, Chris Mannella, Jonathan Osorio
Strikers (4): Molham Babouli, Jay Chapman, Sebastian Giovinco, Jay Chapman

no bradley it seems.
at least not to the 23 man roster submitted.

huh..

Fort York Redcoat
06-28-2016, 01:07 PM
Just get us through this match, kiddos!

PopePouri
06-28-2016, 01:26 PM
I hope Raheem starts.

OgtheDim
06-28-2016, 01:50 PM
no bradley it seems.
at least not to the 23 man roster submitted.

huh..

ESPN quoting a TFC spokesperson (without name) saying Bradley being assessed by Toronto medical staff.

FRANKIE65
06-28-2016, 01:55 PM
ESPN quoting a TFC spokesperson (without name) saying Bradley being assessed by Toronto medical staff.

What else is new...almost a guaranteed injury when he, or Jozy, play for the US:facepalm:

Red CB Toronto
06-28-2016, 02:00 PM
Here is the game program, thought some might to take a look.

https://issuu.com/canadasoccer/docs/2016_canchamp_program

michaeltfc91
06-28-2016, 02:14 PM
we are absolutely screwed with all these BS injuries, if we don't get a result tomorrow and win the cup, this season will be an incredible failure.

We're already under .500 as it is halfway through the season and it looks like it will just keep getting worse. Everyone is worried saying "oh maybe we still can make the playoffs despite the injuries", we shouldn't even be debating this. How the heck are we not a top 3 team in this league? Limping into the playoffs again is an incredible disappointment. Why aren't we contending for the top of the league. Imagine a mid table team that didn't even win the Voyageurs Cup? :facepalm:

Dunkers
06-28-2016, 02:18 PM
we are absolutely screwed with all these BS injuries, if we don't get a result tomorrow and win the cup, this season will be an incredible failure.

We're already under .500 as it is halfway through the season and it looks like it will just keep getting worse. Everyone is worried saying "oh maybe we still can make the playoffs despite the injuries", we shouldn't even be debating this. How the heck are we not a top 3 team in this league? Limping into the playoffs again is an incredible disappointment. Why aren't we contending for the top of the league. Imagine a mid table team that didn't even win the Voyageurs Cup? :facepalm:

I would hope that 1 of the 3 Canadian teams in MLS are competitive enough to finish above mid table. Agree with the rest of the argument tho

michaeltfc91
06-28-2016, 02:22 PM
^ I meant imagine Toronto finishing mid table and not winning the Voyageurs Cup ... both those combined would make for a very bad season

DinamoTFC
06-28-2016, 03:41 PM
the thing that will irritate me the most if we lose to Van is that Van DOESNT CARE about the CCL. Last year in important games they put kids and reserves to compete. I dont even know why they're playing their first team against us if they arent going to take it seriously later. Just play your kids against us again. This is why we need to win. We take the CCL seriously and we will play first team players and try our best. Vancouver doesnt give a shit. It'll be even more hurtful if they beat us because of this.

Auzzy
06-28-2016, 08:02 PM
So Canada Soccer provided a live stream for the cup presser in Vancouver today. The video was flipped to the side by 90 degrees. :facepalm:

Yohan
06-28-2016, 11:27 PM
I don't like the chances for tomorrow. Too many out injured and putting a kid into a Cup final for his first first team start is hardly the ideal position.

SirBobSaget
06-28-2016, 11:48 PM
Would much rather see Roberts get the start he has been a lot calmer for TFC2 and has some big game experience with Canada Juniors. Bono lost his mind coming in as a sub and did nothing except make mistakes. Mike Magee had a better sub-gk appearance.

Blindside16
06-29-2016, 05:35 AM
I was extremely confident that we were bringing the cup home right up until the 70th minute Saturday. Now I can't see it happening. Vancouver is just going to push upfield and put everything on goal that they can. Perfect example is the 2nd leg vs Ottawa. If we let in a soft goal early, I think the flood gates will open. I'm hoping we can find a way to score early, and then just park the bus and ride out the 90. I just don't know if we have what it takes right now.

ronzilla
06-29-2016, 06:00 AM
You can't really judge Bono off 1 mistake. He needs to play a few full 90 minute games before you can make any kind of assessment. I think he should be fine.

OgtheDim
06-29-2016, 06:07 AM
Game Day :scarf: :canada:

Fort York Redcoat
06-29-2016, 07:52 AM
I will love either of the kids starting I just think there will be way less pressure on Bono. I would prolly give Q the lions share of the 7 games after.

Pint
06-29-2016, 07:55 AM
I will love either of the kids starting I just think there will be way less pressure on Bono. I would prolly give Q the lions share of the 7 games after.

Big players make big plays in big games... time for Q to shine.

michaeltfc91
06-29-2016, 08:26 AM
The Q man has played in big games, he's played and scored in the U-17 World Cup, He is a Canadian who should be playing in the Canadian Championship final in my opinion. I would play him

FRANKIE65
06-29-2016, 11:42 AM
The Q man has played in big games, he's played and scored in the U-17 World Cup, He is a Canadian who should be playing in the Canadian Championship final in my opinion. I would play him

Yup...he gets my vote too!

notthesun
06-29-2016, 12:04 PM
You can't really judge Bono off 1 mistake. He needs to play a few full 90 minute games before you can make any kind of assessment. I think he should be fine.

He's been making the same mistakes at the USL level. Roberts should start.

Chevy
06-29-2016, 12:08 PM

Put Bono in net, and start Q up front instead of Babouli. :)

OgtheDim
06-29-2016, 12:17 PM
He's been making the same mistakes at the USL level. Roberts should start.

+1 I'm thinking Q has been starting at TFCII to give him game practice while Bono sits a bit more cause he's just not as good.

Detroit_TFC
06-29-2016, 12:44 PM
Sooner or later the 2nd GK situation was going to get sorted; seems to me at the end of the season either Bono or Roberts were going to be cut loose. They have a chance to win their job now.

OgtheDim
06-29-2016, 12:56 PM
FWIW
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CmIueFhVAAAbPxD.jpg

Red CB Toronto
06-29-2016, 01:08 PM
+1 I'm thinking Q has been starting at TFCII to give him game practice while Bono sits a bit more cause he's just not as good.
Bono has had the slightly better season for TFCII so far in 2016, but with the varying makeup of the roster not sure how to compare the two bodies of work.

#

Name

GP

MIN

GA

SV

SV%

GAA

Alexander Bono (http://www.uslsoccer.com/roster_players/11578601)

Quillan Roberts (http://www.uslsoccer.com/roster_players/12119403)

OgtheDim
06-29-2016, 01:12 PM
I sit down at my desk corrected. :)

Ultra & Proud
06-29-2016, 02:00 PM
I thought Q was better than that but he has about the same numbers as Bendik did but at USL level. Not sure about him being anything at MLS level.

__wowza
06-29-2016, 02:06 PM
Bono has had the slightly better season for TFCII so far in 2016, but with the varying makeup of the roster not sure how to compare the two bodies of work.

#
Name
GP
MIN
GA
SV
SV%
GAA

stats aren't really an indicator of anything.

someone posted altidore's stats on reddit and used them to justify jozy's continued exclusion from the USMNT because of his lack of goals.
now, as someone whose actually seen the games you'd be able to look at the stats and go "huh? the dudes a tremendous asset up front!!"

from the TFC II games i've watched bono has a lot of trouble organizing the backline with confidence which was kind've evident when you saw the first goal he ever let in for TFC. roberts seems like the better choice, but what's more worrisome is bono's nerve. in his first game he fucked. you can't base a players entire body of work after one game, especially his first game.. but this is a cup final. if he was shaky during his first game which was a regular ass road match i don't have a whole lot of confidence in his nerve during a cup final where they'll be throwing everything at us.

that being said.. i hope that he proves my ass wrong, has a standout game, creates a forum account and literally tells me to go fuck myself.

ronzilla
06-29-2016, 03:21 PM
Ah crap, forgot this was a late game.

BritSOL
06-29-2016, 06:14 PM
Ah crap, forgot this was a late game.

I always think these late games against Western teams seem unfair. Even though they often travel out a couple of days before the game, the jet lag is still there and the Eastern teams are not finishing the game until nearly Midnight and there bodies are likely reacting accordingly.

Areathrasher
06-29-2016, 08:06 PM
https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/748320253810085888

notthesun
06-29-2016, 08:07 PM
I don't like this lineup... would rather Roberts starts, Hagglund over Bloom at RB is pretty damning on Bloom, and I'd rather Hamilton up top to provide some hold up play.

At the start of the year Roberts was said to have won the backup role... what did Roberts or Bono do to change that? I don't understand why management is higher on Bono at all.

sn0re
06-29-2016, 08:10 PM
Vancouver putting their main lineup..this does not look good T^T

Onyx
06-29-2016, 08:22 PM
Vancouver putting their main lineup..this does not look good T^T

Not quite. Jacobson is playing CB instead of DM.
This because "Err'd" was eaten alive by seba in last game. Parker sides out to RB from CB. Caps also don't want to play Kah who is leading candidate for the worst player in MLS.

From the games i have watched this season, they play better when Morales plays at DM but really a deep lying play maker and the other south american ACM they have plays at ACM. They might make that switch at 60.

Looks like their leading striker Rivero is done with the club, and will be sent back to Chile. He's a good active holdup #9 but has totally lost his confidence in the goal scoring dept. Hurtado has been playing mostly USL this season IIRC.

Ousted;
Parker, Jacobson, Waston, Harvey;
Laba, Teibert;
Bolaņos, Morales, Manneh;
Hurtado

Doucet3
06-29-2016, 08:22 PM
Any streams? The sure I usually use as of rn dosnt have a stream up? And I don't have access to cable

PizzaEatingYeti
06-29-2016, 08:30 PM
http://giostreams.eu/13.html
(http://giostreams.eu/13.html)

hulkrogan
06-29-2016, 08:45 PM
I always think these late games against Western teams seem unfair. Even though they often travel out a couple of days before the game, the jet lag is still there and the Eastern teams are not finishing the game until nearly Midnight and there bodies are likely reacting accordingly.

So when a western team plays out east everyone should have to stay up for 9pm starts to be fair to the west teams? I'm sure parents and people that work early would love that... Just as much as anyone in Vancouver would want to try make it home from work and to the stadium by 5pm.

OgtheDim
06-29-2016, 09:02 PM
http://cricfree.sx/watch/live/vancouver-whitecaps-vs-toronto-fc-live-streaming

flamehawk
06-29-2016, 09:06 PM
ugh... Roberts should be starting. I hope this is with expectation for him to start the game against Seattle.. but I feel like this isn't the case as Vanney has started Irwin in Voyageurs.

OgtheDim
06-29-2016, 09:07 PM
Vic Rauter....ugh.

ag futbol
06-29-2016, 09:14 PM
What is with playing Osorio out wide while playing one of Delgado / Endoh / whoever in the middle. Makes absolutely no sense.

PopePouri
06-29-2016, 09:14 PM

#
Name
GP
MIN
GA
SV
SV%
GAA

Thank you. It's not like Vanney and co. had any bias to Bono. In the beginning of the year, Q was declared the no. 2 goalkeeper and he lost it. Based on Dunfield commentary, he was critical of Q and his ability to handle crosses in the box.

notthesun
06-29-2016, 09:18 PM
What is with playing Osorio out wide while playing one of Delgado / Endoh / whoever in the middle. Makes absolutely no sense.

He seems pretty central so far.

Hagglund at RB is the head scratcher for me... could be shades of him getting roasted by Castillo early last year with him up against Manneh today.

AFCB+TFC
06-29-2016, 09:20 PM

I never like seeing Delgado out wide personally, his crosses are so bad. Giovinco frequently gets pissed over how bad they are. Would have Oso at the top of the diamond and Endoh out wide personally.

__wowza
06-29-2016, 09:29 PM
vancouvers putting on a fuck ton of pressure.

ronzilla
06-29-2016, 09:30 PM
1 goal right now would be huge.

__wowza
06-29-2016, 09:35 PM
that haggland attempt was one of the worst shots I've ever seen.

Yohan
06-29-2016, 09:50 PM
Passing and ball movement is way better than vs Orlando. Cheyrou has stepped up huge, taking off a lot of pressure and making that good first pass out of the back

Eastend
06-29-2016, 09:51 PM
But still a lot of bad giveaways.

notthesun
06-29-2016, 09:51 PM
God bless Hagglund for these cross attempts lol

Osorio is having a rough one... cue the wait for August when he'll start turning it up again I guess.

ronzilla
06-29-2016, 09:59 PM
Great save Bono !

Eastend
06-29-2016, 09:59 PM
What a save

OgtheDim
06-29-2016, 10:05 PM
Cup Final. Tense affair. Vancouver is relying upon the press and TFC is having none of it. Biggest issue is Delgado can't make the passes and he has to stay back to help out Hagglund. Osorio is trying but Laba is pretty darn good. Endoh would do better on the right but I suspect they'll wait to see if Manneh comes off at 60 to make that move. They are going full bore at Hagglund but he's holding out, so far. Can't cross or shoot.

Mind you...

where did Hagglund's flat long throws come from?

notthesun
06-29-2016, 10:06 PM
Is Nigel Reed only with TSN part time? Really wish he was a fixture on their B team commentary. Vic Rauter is just not good for soccer.

Onyx
06-29-2016, 10:18 PM
oh shit

notthesun
06-29-2016, 10:18 PM
That's an awful goal to give up. Bono should have came out and claimed that. Marking was bad too.

ag futbol
06-29-2016, 10:19 PM
Nigel Reed? Gross. Nothing but a bag of cliches and lightweight commentary. Give me anyone else.

Not sure if the keeper had the room to go for that one but how does a little guy make it in between the CB's and get a clean header?

Vendetta
06-29-2016, 10:23 PM
The communication between Moor and morrow has been really poor

jloome
06-29-2016, 10:24 PM
We need to keep the ball on the deck; we're not going to win much in the air.

smtavare
06-29-2016, 10:24 PM
The communication between Moor and morrow has been really poor

Morrow has been really poor this year

smtavare
06-29-2016, 10:26 PM
I miss the offensive powerhouse we were last year,

OK our goals against was the worst but having one of the current worst goals for isn't great also

Auzzy
06-29-2016, 10:30 PM
TFC looked great for about 20 minutes, then they totally forgot how to play. This game is pissing me off now. So many dumb mistakes everywhere. How do leave a guy so open at the back post on that free kick a little while ago?

Vendetta
06-29-2016, 10:32 PM
Lol we just had three corners in a row and Vic's telling us we just got our first

Auzzy
06-29-2016, 10:39 PM
Fffffuuuuuuuucccckkkk

starter
Morrow is not having a good game at all.

smtavare
Fuckin defensive lapses

notthesun
Morrow is not in good form lately. Partly culpable on both goals today now. Maybe time to give Morgan a run out.

smtavare
06-29-2016, 10:40 PM
Fuck you Morrow

sn0re
06-29-2016, 10:40 PM
Are we ever going to sub in Bloom?

notthesun
06-29-2016, 10:42 PM
Sub Hamilton in for Babouli please.

Vendetta
06-29-2016, 10:42 PM
Team is starting to get to me.

Vendetta
06-29-2016, 10:44 PM
I can't imagine giovinco is gonna want to stomach this too much longer before he starts turning sour

Onyx
06-29-2016, 10:44 PM
endoh in

Auzzy
06-29-2016, 10:45 PM
Team is starting to get to me.

Exactly. Wake the fuck up guys!

boozilla
About time Cheyrou came off.

notthesun
I'm not sure how taking Cheyrou off is gonna help us score.

Put Edwards on for Osorio now I think.

__wowza
06-29-2016, 10:46 PM
if Vancouver had their shit together we'd be in real trouble.. but they don't, so we're only kindve in trouble.

they're winning right now and they're still attacking more then we are.

Vendetta
06-29-2016, 10:49 PM
Morrow is not in good form lately. Partly culpable on both goals today now. Maybe time to give Morgan a run out.
Morgan is out with injury unfortunately

smtavare
06-29-2016, 10:51 PM
Shitty MLS record and losing Canadian Championship,- worse than last year, Giovinco getting aggravated after being dropped of Italy roster, seems like 2014 all over again

Get a fuckin proven MLS Coach and GM already, fuck Bez and Vanney

Auzzy
06-29-2016, 10:52 PM
Notice how Vancouver always leaves Morrow totally open when he comes forward? They just hope Toronto gives the ball to him, nothing ever comes of it.

Yohan
06-29-2016, 10:52 PM
After a promising first half, 2nd half has been so frustrating. Robbo adjusted and whatever Vanney tried didn't work

smtavare
06-29-2016, 10:53 PM
Notice how Vancouver always leaves Morrow totally open when he comes forward? They just hope Toronto gives the ball to him, nothing ever comes of it.

This!!!!!😭

Onyx
06-29-2016, 10:55 PM
Davies could play for CMNT now!

starter
06-29-2016, 10:57 PM
how could they screw 2 golden chances?

notthesun
06-29-2016, 10:57 PM
Hey look at that, Edwards can cross the ball. Good thing we waited so that he can only play 5 minutes!

Vendetta
06-29-2016, 10:58 PM
Endoh use your foot. The hell was that header attempt

jloome
06-29-2016, 10:58 PM
After a promising first half, 2nd half has been so frustrating. Robbo adjusted and whatever Vanney tried didn't work

Only TFC could be stupid enough for this kid to still be in USL.

Vendetta
06-29-2016, 10:59 PM
Hey look at that, Edwards can cross the ball. Good thing we waited so that he can only play 5 minutes!

Reminds me of Rashford with England lol

C.Ronaldo
06-29-2016, 11:00 PM
Edwards doing everything on thay play only for endoh to head it 6ft under ground. Amateur finishing

Yohan
06-29-2016, 11:03 PM
We spent too much cap on first teamers and not enough on depth. The kids may turn out to be pretty good, but that's in the future.
I'm pretty sure I said this team is going to be a borderline playoff team at the beginning of the season... I hate it when I'm right on those things.

C.Ronaldo
06-29-2016, 11:03 PM
Wow. Edwards is a machine out there. Why is he not gettn minutes

starter
06-29-2016, 11:05 PM
what

Discostu81
06-29-2016, 11:06 PM
Yesssss!!!!

ag futbol
Holly crap! Hope he's okay but Goal goal goal goal!!

Yohan
what the hell did I see?

I love soccer! I love TFC!

(I hope Johnson isn't badly injured...)

Blindside16
06-29-2016, 11:07 PM
Holy shit!!!!!!!!!

Onyx
johnson .... its a miracle !!!!!

jloome
johnson .... its a miracle !!!!!

If he's done after that he'll go out a TFC legend, but let's hope he's not.

C.Ronaldo
06-29-2016, 11:08 PM
Did that just happen

PizzaEatingYeti
Well... fuck me...

Discostu81
Obviously fingers crossed for Will but god damn, what a finish!

__wowza
this game was the most fucking Toronto thing ever.

Auzzy
Loltfc

mowe
06-29-2016, 11:09 PM
Yesssssss will johnson!!!!!! Fuck Vancouver!!!!

jloome
Dasovic is quite the bitter little bitch these days, isn't he?

Blindside16
Unreal finish

ensco
What was Robinson pranging on about? That was a good goal.

Super
06-29-2016, 11:10 PM
Will Johnson is a hero! The cup is back in Toronto where it belongs!

See you in the CCL!

starter
It has been a while we won in the last second, good thing I stayed up.

DinamoTFC
Wow we are so lucky. So so so damn lucky.
2 minutes ago I was so depressed and pissed. We still have so many flaws but wow its finally nice to see some luck go TFC's way.

Hope our boy Will is okay. But what a champ and role model. That's how you sacrifice your body for a championship.

Inklink
I turned in exactly in time to see the goal. Amazing! DeRo, you now have company.

PizzaEatingYeti
This was just unreal.

AFCB+TFC
Will your a fucking hero

Leedsoronto
06-29-2016, 11:11 PM
VANEXIT

Lol

What an ending !!

ronzilla
06-29-2016, 11:11 PM
Wow what a finish..in the dying seconds

LCD Eindhoven
06-29-2016, 11:12 PM
And I mean, what a call by Vic rauter, one for the ages ....

starter
Just as VWC hit the post a min in ET, I thought we would somehow win, it just took up till the last second

Areathrasher
Yes!!!!!!!!!!! Fucking delighted!!!

PopePouri
What was Robinson pranging on about? That was a good goal.

Who is he to complain with his thug players.

ag futbol
06-29-2016, 11:13 PM
Oh and fuck Vancouver and their time wasting billlshit.

Go roll around on the ground in agony some more assholes.

SoccMan2
06-29-2016, 11:14 PM
Somebody describe the goal and also what happened.

ensco
06-29-2016, 11:15 PM
Check out the wiki for the CCL draw. It's Dewey beats Truman.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016%E2%80%9317_CONCACAF_Champions_League#Draw

"We" are drawn against Central of T&T, and SKC.

Blindside16
06-29-2016, 11:15 PM
If that is not the soccer gods handing out some karma for Saturday then I don't know what is. I'm so glad I tuned in at work. Johnson is my hero!!!!

General Woolfe
06-29-2016, 11:16 PM
What a finish!! Let's hope Will is okay and this marks a turning point in our fortunes this season.

Well done lads for not giving up and fighting to the end. :scarf:

notthesun
06-29-2016, 11:17 PM
Right next to the Miracle in Montreal, I'm officially dubbing this the Victory in Vancouver. What an ending.

Auzzy
Dasovic is quite the bitter little bitch these days, isn't he?

Exactly. He started the game pretty neutral, but some of the stuff he said in the 2nd half was just way off base. No shit Dasovic, when Vancouver plays dumb-ass tricks like that in extra time, of course the ref should add another minute or so.

So happy it worked out this way. I hope Johnson is OK. The way they were mobbing him after the game, I guess it can't be that serious. Now he's walking. But I hope TFC brass don't consider this some great achievement. Much closer & luckier than it should have been. Lots of dumb decisions by players & the coaching staff. Even stupid things near the end, like Osorio and Hagglund pushing over Vancouver players trying to get the ball. That's only going to waste even more time.

Blindside16

I was a desperation long ball from a think Zavleta into the box. Two whitcaps crashed into each other and Johnson put it right under the bar on the final play.

Inklink
06-29-2016, 11:18 PM
Drew Miller? Retire already Rauter

Inklink
06-29-2016, 11:20 PM
I was a desperation long ball from a think Zavleta into the box. Two whitcaps crashed into each other and Johnson put it right under the bar on the final play.

I think endoh launched it into the box

ronzilla
06-29-2016, 11:21 PM

Endoh chipped the ball into the box, goalie came out and fumbled it and Johnson booted the ball into net.

Leedsoronto
06-29-2016, 11:23 PM
Endoh chipped the ball into the box, goalie came out and fumbled it and Johnson booted the ball into net.

This, then he left his leg under the goalie and nearly turned his knee inside out

Auzzy
Enjoy yourself Giovinco, it's even better than winning the Euro Cup! :D

The whining of Vancouver was seriously pissing me off. Hurtado constantly pushing people in the back while they were in the air heading balls, and then they all throw a fit when he gets called for it. Seriously STFU.

General Woolfe
Hopefull ball played into the Vancouver box, Ousted and a defender both went for it, the defender backed into Ousted who could only punch it weakly rather than catch it (it should have been and easy take) The ball broke to Will Johnson who hit a rocket into the roof of the net, injuring his knee in the resulting collision with Ousted.

2-1 Vancouver, Toronto win on away goals

C.Ronaldo
06-29-2016, 11:24 PM
IN MID AIR! Through a CROWD! Almost put a hole in back of the net with that rocket.

Areathrasher
06-29-2016, 11:24 PM

TFC are in the CCL in 2017. Caps are in for 2016 from their win last season.

They changed the format to allow for a longer expanded tournament in the future.

stegosaurus
06-29-2016, 11:25 PM
100' loss to Orlando on a joke call, 94' win here... After the Euros, no one should be leaving TFC games early!

Initial B
06-29-2016, 11:26 PM
My son and I just woke our house with that goal. :D

No that's for this year. TFC will be in *next* year's CCL.

And Robinson was asking the officials what accounted for the four minutes of added time.

SirBobSaget
Enjoy yourself Giovinco, it's even better than winning the Euro Cup! :D

The whining of Vancouver was seriously pissing me off. Hurtado constantly pushing people in the back while they were in the air heading balls, and then they all throw a fit when he gets called for it. Seriously STFU.

Is the pressure getting to Robinson or something? He was whining all game about every little call. Don't remember him being so irritating.

Petor
https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/748366635443044353

ronzilla
06-29-2016, 11:27 PM
I'm almost sure the shot took a deflection off the bodies on the ground.

flamehawk
https://www.periscope.tv/w/1DXxyZXpYREKM

So happy for the win!

But Giovinco's body language is a bit concerning. Standing with the physio and not the rest of the team during celebrations.

ensco
TFC are in the CCL in 2017. Caps are in for 2016 from their win last season.

They changed the format to allow for a longer expanded tournament in the future.

Brain cramp. Thanks.

Auzzy
06-29-2016, 11:28 PM
What was better? Shutting Vancouver right up with that last-minute goal?

Or Teiter Tots & Co waiting in the rain in Montreal, cup practically guaranteed for them, but then not... ?

ensco
06-29-2016, 11:29 PM
No that's for this year. TFC will be in *next* year's CCL.

And Robinson was asking the officials what accounted for the four minutes of added time.

Robinson will always be our guy, so I will only say that there probably should have been 7 minutes added.

ronzilla
06-29-2016, 11:30 PM
At the end, was vancouver coach giving Vanney an earful?

SirBobSaget

So happy for the win!

But Giovinco's body language is a bit concerning. Standing with the physio and not the rest of the team during celebrations.

Thanks for the link!

ensco
What was better? Shutting Vancouver right up with that last-minute goal?

Or Teiter Tots & Co waiting in the rain in Montreal, cup practically guaranteed for them, but then not... ?

Not even close. Tonight is way better.

That "miracle in Montreal" was a bush league lay down, it never passed the smell test, for me.

Auzzy
Is the pressure getting to Robinson or something? He was whining all game about every little call. Don't remember him being so irritating.

I remember him being really annoying somewhere else in the past year or so, probably one of the MLS games.

OgtheDim
06-29-2016, 11:32 PM
Everybody happy....Seba spraying cheap champagne.

https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/748371468027822086

tfcfans
06-29-2016, 11:33 PM
Wow....just wow.....

DIEHARDTFC
06-29-2016, 11:34 PM
What a Hit from WJ, and yes just another form of proof that it aint over til the final whistle blows.

Another trophy for the Reds, hopefully we can have a good showing in the CCL next year.

flamehawk
06-29-2016, 11:34 PM
Everybody happy....Seba spraying cheap champagne.

https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/748371468027822086

Phew, disregard my post about concern about Seba's body language.

OgtheDim
06-29-2016, 11:36 PM

He's tired and indicated a number of times during the celebration that he was dehydrated. When the cup went up, he was smiling and jumping up and down...now this.

This competition is a short one but its a grind over 4 games with travel and a lot of intensity and once you win, you celebrate.

Auzzy
06-29-2016, 11:38 PM

So happy for the win!

He was right in there though when the cup was actually awarded, he looked genuinely happy. Plus the locker room scene.

I could see him having some conflicted feelings though. Busy stretch, long trips, multiple games on turf. Did you see the rug burns some of the guys had? Deep enough that they were bleeding. Giovinco also got stepped on & fouled a couple of times w/o calls especially near the beginning. He's missing some pretty easy shots, and the rest of the team is quite brain dead.

In between the TFC games, he's seeing & hearing all the Euro hype...

PopePouri
06-29-2016, 11:39 PM
The fact that it was an ex-Timber with the winner makes this even better.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/12-17-2015/sFoCAy.gif

flatpicker
06-29-2016, 11:42 PM
I still can't believe that happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr-ASzolyh4

khso11
06-29-2016, 11:46 PM
This goal beats Wiedeman's 94' goal vs. Columbus. Winning the cup, 95', this has to be the most clutch goal in TFC's history! Hope Will is ok though. Watching the faces of these whiners (including Robbo!) after the final whistle is just priceless!!!!

jloome
06-29-2016, 11:47 PM
The fact that it was an ex-Timber with the winner makes this even better.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/12-17-2015/sFoCAy.gif

Anticipated Will Johnson headlines tomorrow:

'Where there's a Will there's a way' - Star
'Will to Win' - Sportsnet
'Will Power!' - Sun
'Will the Real TFC please stand up' - Devos Column
'TFC come from behind to defeat Whitecaps for cup' - Globe

DinamoTFC
06-29-2016, 11:49 PM

So happy for the win!

I noticed this. I was hoping he would be happy but he looks frustrated. I think he took off his medal and gave it to Bono or someone. It was really quick I could be wrong.

DinamoTFC
06-29-2016, 11:51 PM

Lmao disregard mine too. I see the medal.

Ultra & Proud
06-29-2016, 11:52 PM

'Will Power!' - Sun

At least one of these will be used. You should ask for royalties.

michaeltfc91
06-29-2016, 11:52 PM
Amazing, the last 20 minutes of that game I was cursing left right and centre pacing around my house in absolute disgust. I was ready to quit, I was vowing to never watch again. When Ousted was wasting time on that goal kick I thought it was over, there was no way. And then that tackle from Morrow, that touch by Johnson, the pass to Endoh in space. I thought could it be? A weak ball into the box, I stood there hoping, and then it fell on a platter... Johnson absolutely smashed the life out of that ball and when the net rippled. Pure ecstasy. Gotta love soccer, incredible moment i will never forget.

Lennon
06-29-2016, 11:55 PM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS !!!!

Finally back in the CCL! Road to Japan/Dubai begins today :D

Would have been really heartbreaking if we lost. Vancouver didn't deserve to win. Apart from their somewhat flukey 2 goals they didn't create anything until we had to chase the game.

PopePouri
06-29-2016, 11:59 PM
Can we give Bono a little credit now. He had a great game.

Vendetta
06-30-2016, 12:01 AM
Yes Bono deserves credit, he didnt have much chance on the two goals, but held us in there.
Definitely a nice bounce back effort from orlando.

Auzzy
06-30-2016, 12:02 AM

Bono has a really good arm.

Some shaky times, but that's as much because of the defense as Bono. Hopefully they can settle down and get themselves organized back there. Unfortunately I feel Moor has often been a bit out of it lately, not so commanding, perhaps since he became a dad.

currystain37
06-30-2016, 12:04 AM
I screamed when Will Johnson scored and woke up the family. It was worth it though. So happy to be back in the CCL. Let's be the first MLS club to win it (in the current format)!

boozilla
Bono kept us in it.
Seba's frustration seems restrained compared to "The Bloody Big Deal's" outright petulance.
I don't miss that clown.

Smokecell
We all hope Will Johnson is OK and we all love him for that goal. I wanted this cup worse than the last 4, this one over 2 MLS opponents. Proud to be red and we shall celebrate accordingly Saturday. HAPPY CANADA DAY FOR EVERYONE IN RED!!!! Not a more Canadian way to score and win than that. Sacrifice the body for the glory. Tough as nails play and I love it! The ball is round and the whistle only blows when the game is truly over! TFC 'til I die!

AFCB+TFC
06-30-2016, 12:05 AM

Yea he stepped up big time, that save right before halftime especially.

ag futbol
06-30-2016, 12:09 AM
As usual, totally on point:

33m33 minutes ago
John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro
If you waste time in added on time, the ref is well within his right to add more time. Will scored at 94:14. Controversy? Please. #TFC #VWFC

Toronto Ruffrider
06-30-2016, 12:19 AM
As usual, totally on point:

33m33 minutes ago
John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro
If you waste time in added on time, the ref is well within his right to add more time. Will scored at 94:14. Controversy? Please. #TFC #VWFC

^This. At any rate, it's supposed to be a MINIMUM of 4 minutes of added time, so if any team wastes time, the ref is well within his powers to add additional time. It really bugs me when refs play to exactly the allotted stoppage time, even when the team leading blatantly wastes time or makes a stoppage-time substitution.

All in all, I'm proud of the boys for that one - congrats TFC! I really hope Will Johnson is alright.

MartinUtd
06-30-2016, 12:20 AM
Amazing. Been watching it over and over on streamable

https://streamable.com/tilz

Lennon
06-30-2016, 12:20 AM
Sooooo it's been almost an hour and TSN still hasn't shown highlights from this game :facepalm:

PopePouri
06-30-2016, 12:22 AM
Amazing. Been watching it over and over on streamable

https://streamable.com/tilz

That's some Martin Tyler-like calling from those two.

oh my gosh. ooooooh my gosh.

SmokedPanda
06-30-2016, 12:25 AM
Sooooo it's been almost an hour and TSN still hasn't shown highlights from this game :facepalm:

Pernell Karl getting traded is more important lol

Auzzy
06-30-2016, 12:25 AM

Dasovic is so obviously pissed off at that moment.

jloome
06-30-2016, 12:30 AM
Dasovic is so obviously pissed off at that moment.

There were at least three occasions during the broadcast when he just unceremoniously dumped all over TFC, and a couple of plays where Vancouver quite obviously fouled the Toronto player but got away with it, and on each play he backed the Vancouver player. Bias was strong tonight.

Jpexxx
06-30-2016, 12:37 AM
Was watching in a bar in Oakville after my own soccer game.
So glad I waited until the last minute.

Johnson has etched himself a little corner in TFC history for that one!

james
06-30-2016, 12:43 AM
What an end to the game!!!

Seems a bit stupid tho to not actually get to play Concacaf Champions League until August 2017 now. I believe it was because they wanted to know the teams that are competing in Concacaf Champions League before June........also I believe Vancouvin aer and Toronto would like to know further in advance due to the fact BC Lions and Argos share the stadiums, and they need to make the schedule dvance, in June the CFL season has already started meaning they can't plan when to book the stadiums for Champions League matches.

Dam CFL, messing up our schedules.

__wowza
06-30-2016, 12:54 AM
as a web designer, it hurts to look at columns being abused.
as a TFC supporter. FUCK MY SHIT UP FAM.

http://i.imgur.com/vGC0GaC.png

hulkrogan
06-30-2016, 12:54 AM
Every TFC goal scored in the Canadian championship was by a Canadian. That surely is a first and will be the only time that happens for ages.

Blindside16
06-30-2016, 01:05 AM
Every TFC goal scored in the Canadian championship was by a Canadian. That surely is a first and will be the only time that happens for ages.

I hate to rain on the parade but Seba got the goal in the first leg, but you raise a very valid point. 5 of 6 goals scored were by Canadians. Side note I thought Bono played well. It's hard to blame him on either goal tonight. Sure he probably should have come out to punch on the first but there is no way Moor or Morrow should have let him get the free header. It was far from perfect but the boys needed the win tonight. As for WJ, I can only imagine his emotions. To score the winning goal in the Canadian championship as a Canadian. I can't wait for CCL next year.

James17930
06-30-2016, 01:12 AM
Just saw the highlights .... what a way to take the stink of the Orlando game out of the air!

More silverware! More Champs League! More Win!

On a side note ... was Johnson seriously hurt? What's the latest there?

Cuppy
06-30-2016, 01:19 AM

'Will Power!' - Sun
Was thinking more on the lines of "Love my Johnson" :)

Jeffro
06-30-2016, 01:39 AM
Being at BC place tonight was amazing. A couple asshats were turned around chirping us at 1-0, even more at 2-0, the stadium was getting real loud heading into added time, they were so sure they had won. The silence after the goal aside from the 20-30 reds celebrating was deafening, and the asshats wouldn't turn to look at us anymore. It was beautiful.

Hamilton_Red
06-30-2016, 01:44 AM
It wasn't just the goal..Johnson played an early pass in his own half..ran the length of the field into the box blasted the shot and sacrificed his body for the goal & the Championship. the guy is a legend now.

Blindside16
06-30-2016, 01:54 AM
Just saw the highlights .... what a way to take the stink of the Orlando game out of the air!

More silverware! More Champs League! More Win!

On a side note ... was Johnson seriously hurt? What's the latest there?

I believe he was seriously hurt. He was still limping post game at the trophy presentation. As to how serious it is, at this point your guess is as good as mine. We will probably hear within the next day or so.

Lennon
06-30-2016, 01:59 AM

Pernell Karl getting traded is more important lol

Finally showed it 1.5 hours later. Only found enough time to show the winning goal. Back to hockey highlights (in June).

Disgraceful.

Ivy
06-30-2016, 03:15 AM
I believe he was seriously hurt. He was still limping post game at the trophy presentation. As to how serious it is, at this point your guess is as good as mine. We will probably hear within the next day or so.
I'm gonna go with torn MCL. I saw a picture of the exact moment of the collision. His leg and knee for pushed backwards by Ousted's body while his foot was still planted in the turf. I'd guess he's done for the season.

Brooker
06-30-2016, 04:31 AM
https://res.cloudinary.com/jpress/image/fetch/https://www.wow247.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Goodfellas-Joe-Pesci-jumping-on-Henry.gif

OgtheDim
06-30-2016, 05:56 AM
Tee Hee

Still smiling....

TFC shirt on today

Brooker
06-30-2016, 06:28 AM
When the goal went in my friends and I fell into a table at the bar. God I loved it. Feel the silence in Vancouver lol.

Not that it had anything to do with alcohol, though. :) Then we got kicked out.

James17930
06-30-2016, 07:02 AM
I'm gonna go with torn MCL. I saw a picture of the exact moment of the collision. His leg and knee for pushed backwards by Ousted's body while his foot was still planted in the turf. I'd guess he's done for the season.

Well, if he is ... what a way to go out.

:drum::flare::drum::flare::drum::flare:

FRANKIE65
06-30-2016, 07:38 AM
Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but, that post that Vancouver hit not long before Will's (I jumped off the couch and ran through the living room) miracle strike...I turned to my wife, and said, "imagine if they still come back and win this after that".
I want to give "props" to Bono too. I was one of the ones that said Roberts should start, but, Bono looked solid. Handled the ball well...dispersed it even better late in the game.
Wow, just, WOW!! Tired as heck this morning at work, BUT, so worth it!!

Detroit_TFC
06-30-2016, 07:55 AM
I'm going to cry like a child if WJ is out for the season.

C.Ronaldo
06-30-2016, 08:11 AM
How was hagglund out wide? Time to trade some CBs?

ManUtd4ever
06-30-2016, 08:22 AM
Now that it's settled in, I think last night has to be the most memorable moment in ACC history for us, especially when you consider the number of reserves we had on the pitch.

On a bitter note, we can't afford to lose Johnson for an extended period of time with all of our other key starters out. That epic goal might cost us in the short term in MLS.

zeelaw
06-30-2016, 08:28 AM
Wow we are so lucky. So so so damn lucky.
2 minutes ago I was so depressed and pissed. We still have so many flaws but wow its finally nice to see some luck go TFC's way.
True, shocking performance but what a finish haha.

Red CB Toronto
06-30-2016, 09:01 AM
What a pic of JO from earlier today. Love it !!!!!

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13528504_10210063037672188_3907004036236690863_o.j pg

hulkrogan
06-30-2016, 09:18 AM
I hate to rain on the parade but Seba got the goal in the first leg

Dammit, why did I mentally give Hamilton credit? That Orlando game apparently melted my brain with bad officiating :p

Jack
06-30-2016, 09:29 AM
I'm going to cry like a child if WJ is out for the season.
Yes. I really like what he's brought to the team this season.

Areathrasher
06-30-2016, 09:37 AM
Judging from his Instagram he's in very good spirits, maybe not as bad as some expect it to be?

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s640x640/sh0.08/e35/13584215_953104168145544_57335093_n.jpg?ig_cache_k ey=MTI4Mzg3NzIyNTIwNDk3MTE2Nw%3D%3D.2

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHRHRuSD5HB/?taken-by=willjohnson4

Flint
06-30-2016, 09:40 AM
4:25pm at Terminal 1.

notthesun
06-30-2016, 09:45 AM

Yup, I mentioned Nigel Reed earlier, who I don't love but who's clearly more capable than Rauter for soccer. At least there's a general flow to his commentary that's easy to follow. Rauter for some reason just can't seem... to decide... if he should... finish... his sentence or not. And as we can see he can't really respond to the big moment. It's like he gets caught off-guard because he doesn't have several minutes to set up the big moment like he can in curling. Dasovic was even worse for this (I actually like his analysis, but he let his bias take over). This is going down as one of the most memorable TFC goals ever and these two completely bungled the call. Whereas Reed was calling the game vs. the Red Bulls late last year and he nailed it when Giovinco scored.

C.Ronaldo
now, he deserves a maintenance day!

C.Ronaldo
Yup, I mentioned Nigel Reed earlier, who I don't love but who's clearly more capable than Rauter for soccer. At least there's a general flow to his commentary that's easy to follow. Rauter for some reason just can't seem... to decide... if he should... finish... his sentence or not. And as we can see he can't really respond to the big moment. It's like he gets caught off-guard because he doesn't have several minutes to set up the big moment like he can in curling. Dasovic was even worse for this (I actually like his analysis, but he let his bias take over). This is going down as one of the most memorable TFC goals ever and these two completely bungled the call. Whereas Reed was calling the game vs. the Red Bulls late last year and he nailed it when Giovinco scored.

give me the icelandic guy

Couchy81
06-30-2016, 09:51 AM
So mad I fell asleep on the couch around the 80th minute. Nice news to wake up to though.

C.Ronaldo
06-30-2016, 09:56 AM
I LOVE THIS!!!!!

http://assets4.sportsnet.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/laba_matias1280-1040x572.jpg

Kamp Berg
06-30-2016, 10:32 AM
I love Osorio's hat in the pic above. Anyone ever seen one for sale?

Smokecell
06-30-2016, 10:34 AM
I love Osorio's hat in the pic above. Anyone ever seen one for sale?

It was for sale exclusively at the TFC pop up shop prior to match day 1

OgtheDim
06-30-2016, 10:41 AM
There will be a greeting at Terminal 1 this afternoon apparently.

Blizzard
06-30-2016, 10:43 AM
Judging from his Instagram he's in very good spirits, maybe not as bad as some expect it to be?

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s640x640/sh0.08/e35/13584215_953104168145544_57335093_n.jpg?ig_cache_k ey=MTI4Mzg3NzIyNTIwNDk3MTE2Nw%3D%3D.2

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHRHRuSD5HB/?taken-by=willjohnson4

No ice bag on the knee. That's a very good sign.

Auzzy
06-30-2016, 10:46 AM
How was hagglund out wide? Time to trade some CBs?

I would say, Hagglund was the same as vs. Orlando. Not too bad actually on the ball & during the plays, although he did get all twisted up once yesterday. (Happens to our opponents at the other end as well though.) Off the ball, I was sometimes really scared. His positioning was frequently way off. We could have been burned. The way it actually worked out, Morrow looked way worse though, he was at least partially at fault for both goals yesterday.

Both Orlando & Vancouver didn't seem well coached wrt. Hagglund. Guys should have been bombing down that side all game. Both games, they barely tested him. We won't be so lucky in other games.

What the hell is up with Mark Bloom? There's been a couple of interviews, how he recuperated from his injuries etc. and is all fit. But he just sits on the bench. I don't get it.

Also Morrow needs a break. Morgan isn't listed as injured, but apparently he is??!!

Heck, Rauter can't even decide when to finish saying a player's name. john........ SON! It's too bad, when he's talking you can tell he's pretty knowledgeable. He knows all kinds of tidbits about TFC's history, and the players. (Or at least he's good at getting the info off of his notes.) If he could just normalize his speaking style, he would be half decent. Better than almost all the US announcers on MLS Live.

OgtheDim
06-30-2016, 11:03 AM
Its really really hard to do what Nigel Reed did back last October

Here's his call of the Seba goal that night

Now Warner
Osorio
Giovinco inevitably ahead of him
An air of expectation
Giovinco
Still Giovinco
Oh Giovinco
Oh My Word
That is Absolutely Exceptional
What can you say about Sebastian Giovinco
He’s probably scored the goal that takes TFC
To the promised land of the playoffs
Its 2 nothing
Its Giovinco again

I will remember that Seba goal for a number of reasons, but the call is what pulls me back to the video.

As for last night, this video is what is getting me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYvdwJgq3bQ

Phil
06-30-2016, 11:05 AM
No ice bag on the knee. That's a very good sign.

He said in an interview post game that it doesn't seem that bad, so fingers crossed.

TFC/Everton
06-30-2016, 11:14 AM
I can't stop smiling.

Champions League and we're having a laugh!

Walms
06-30-2016, 11:39 AM
I can't stop smiling.

Champions League and we're having a laugh!

Yea this one feels good...!

KidA
06-30-2016, 11:43 AM
No words for last night's events. Thank you to all the west coast supporters and everyone who came out in person to cheer on the team. It is a great day to be wandering the streets of Vancouver in my TFC gear.

JayMolly
06-30-2016, 11:52 AM
No words for last night's events. Thank you to all the west coast supporters and everyone who came out in person to cheer on the team. It is a great day to be wandering the streets of Vancouver in my TFC gear.

The first word that came to my mind was WOW!
It was great to see the TFC supporters at the match.
Congrats to TFC and all supporters that have waited a long time for this kind of result.

Walms
06-30-2016, 11:59 AM
I don't even want to watch the Euros today.... I wanna live in this dream for a little while longer!!!!

TFC TILL I DIE!!!!! LIFE IS GREAT

Jack
06-30-2016, 12:00 PM
http://wpmedia.news.nationalpost.com/2011/06/riot5.jpg

OgtheDim
06-30-2016, 12:09 PM
They do have different photobooth options at their local amusement parks, don't they.

Joe Kool
06-30-2016, 12:17 PM
Last night was weird for me. I was kind of pissed with how the game was slipping away like many I am sure and I lost faith that we were going to get a goal but then out of the blue this play happened and I saw it go in and I yelled "yes" but then stayed in my chair totally anticipating it being called back for some reason but it didn't. I guess maybe I was in shock. My son however,as the goal went in, ripped his shirt off, threw it at the wall and ran through the house screaming. Funny how our reactions were so different. Will be glad to cheer for the boys on Saturday when they make the announcement about the championship before the Seattle game.

Joe Kool
06-30-2016, 12:21 PM
Also, too bad we don't get to see them in the CCL in the same year that we won this title and have to wait until next season.