PDA

View Full Version : Voyageurs Cup Finals - 2nd leg Wednesday June 29th @ Vancouver

Pages : 1 [2]

stevieeatworld
06-30-2016, 12:32 PM
Words can not explain how amazing i was feeling last night walking the streets of Vancouver in my TFC gear after the game. I brought 2 new fans along for their first game and i'm pretty sure that turned them into TFC fans for life! Anyways, It was great meeting all the supporters last night and hopefully we can start having some Vancouver TFC viewing parties!

Walms
06-30-2016, 12:50 PM
Words can not explain how amazing i was feeling last night walking the streets of Vancouver in my TFC gear after the game. I brought 2 new fans along for their first game and i'm pretty sure that turned them into TFC fans for life! Anyways, It was great meeting all the supporters last night and hopefully we can start having some Vancouver TFC viewing parties!

Good on yea bud!! That's what its all about

Detroit_TFC
06-30-2016, 01:15 PM
I've watched the clip like 20 times today. Will Johnson beast mode is quite a sight.

Red CB Toronto
06-30-2016, 01:31 PM
https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7626/27386597053_f09679db44_b.jpg

A good friend and I were at a bar near Yonge and Eglington, watching the game, drinking the night away when it all of a sudden happened. How crazy it was, we were like six year olds running around the bar. What a special night !!!

billyfly
06-30-2016, 01:58 PM
Jumped off my couch when it happened and almost woke up the house.

Hell, even my son took his eyes off his cell phone for a second.

BritSOL
06-30-2016, 02:45 PM
4:25pm at Terminal 1.

Is this for sure? I may go out there.

Fort York Redcoat
06-30-2016, 03:04 PM
I am fucking ecstatic. Ordering the Johnson jersey tomorrow just to be a little more Canadian about it.:canada:

ensco
06-30-2016, 04:40 PM
What happens if Vancouver wins the CCL this year? Could that knock us out next year?

mowe
06-30-2016, 05:18 PM
What happens if Vancouver wins the CCL this year? Could that knock us out next year?

Winning CCL doesn't qualify you for the next year's tournament. What Vancouver does has no effect on us.

OgtheDim
06-30-2016, 05:36 PM
What happens if Vancouver wins the CCL this year?

It gives ammunition to the new CONCACAF head honcho to overhaul the CCL by adding 8 more teams to make it 8 groups of 4 as against the torqued 8 groups of 3 designed to get all US/Mexico quarterfinals.

trane
06-30-2016, 07:04 PM
This is really big for me. I really love CL play, was missing it greatly.

ManUtd4ever
06-30-2016, 07:11 PM
Credit to Bono for keeping us in it until the end as well. He really stepped up in his first start at this level.

Couchy81
06-30-2016, 07:52 PM
Is this for sure? I may go out there.

from fb https://www.facebook.com/torontofc/videos/10153531511906805/

BritSOL
06-30-2016, 08:15 PM
https://youtu.be/vgCBnSZjGS0

Couchy81
06-30-2016, 08:16 PM
There it is!!!!! Beauty

ManUtd4ever
06-30-2016, 10:01 PM
https://youtu.be/vgCBnSZjGS0

Beauty. Reminds me of when the boys came home from the Miracle in Montreal.

Ivy
06-30-2016, 11:31 PM
Looks like Johnson is walking normally. Good to see.

SirBobSaget
07-01-2016, 12:26 AM
Have to acknowledge how huge Cheyrou has been. He never loses possession even when he gets crazy pressure like the Whitecaps attempted. Impact only sent one man and he picked them apart. 10x the passer that Bradley is.

Yohan
07-01-2016, 12:28 AM
Have to acknowledge how huge Cheyrou has been. He never loses possession even when he gets crazy pressure like the Whitecaps attempted. Impact only sent one man and he picked them apart. 10x the passer that Bradley is.
Bradley can pick out a long pass if he has the time.
Cheyrou can pick out a long pass even while under pressure.

I hope Cheyrou still has gas left in his tank to last the season, because he's been very good as DM even more than Bradley and Bradley has done decent job this season.

SirBobSaget
07-01-2016, 12:34 AM
Bradley can pick out a long pass if he has the time.
Cheyrou can pick out a long pass even while under pressure.

I hope Cheyrou still has gas left in his tank to last the season, because he's been very good as DM even more than Bradley and Bradley has done decent job this season.

I don't mean to imply that Bradley is garbage, rather that the very best setup would be Cheyrou pulling the strings from deep while Bradley beside has freedom to find space from box to box.

Hamilton_Red
07-01-2016, 12:52 AM
Will Johnson - the guy is an inspiration. It wasn't just that he put his body on the line for that goal. He started the play deep in his own half... he ran the length of the field to put himself in the position to get that ball. He came up clutch with a technically very difficult goal. He put his heart and sole into that play to win that game. That's what I want to see from this team. Great performances from Bono - Cheroux - Haglund - Osario and a hint of a real star in the making in Raheem Edwards. The guy was a spark that lit up the game when he came on. I want to see more of this guy. We won't be a competitive team until we are producing 2-3 good young players each season. This is what the game is about - not overpaid marquis "DP" prima dona players.

Between the 85th minute ant the 93rd minute... I am thinking why the heck do I do this to myself. Come out to see these games and watch them just break our hearts. $300 to travel to see a mid-week match etc... then Will Johnson puts it on line an does that! Breaks 20,000 hearts in a single moment - that will sting for a long time. The best football I have seen watching TFC is in the CONCACAF Cl - it's what we should be focussed on & winning it is far more important than the MLS Cup.

Oldtimer
07-01-2016, 06:03 AM
^Your random fan doesn't see it, but winning the CCL against Mexican opposition would be much more of an accomplishment than winning the MLS Cup. They put in second teams in the early stages, but things get quite serious at the end. No way do they want to lose to "Yankee" opposition (which is how they view MLS).

Loyal
07-01-2016, 09:36 AM
For those who have followed the team since day one the dilemma becomes MLS games versus Champions league games

The away games are long mid week flights and often the club has chosen not to send the "A" team

Not only is the opposition tough but the scheduling conflicts for a team struggling to make the playoffs puts us in a no win situation

Richard
07-01-2016, 09:38 AM
For those who have followed the team since day one the dilemma becomes MLS games versus Champions league games

The away games are long mid week flights and often the club has chosen not to send the "A" team

Not only is the opposition tough but the scheduling conflicts for a team struggling to make the playoffs puts us in a no win situation

Yet Montreal nearly did the impossible, its a worthwhile competition to me.

ensco
07-01-2016, 09:46 AM
We need Ryan Johnson for this!

https://www.rayookc.com/news/2016/05/26/rayo-okc-forward-ryan-johnson-released-from-2016-contract-

Richard
07-01-2016, 09:48 AM
We need Ryan Johnson for this!

https://www.rayookc.com/news/2016/05/26/rayo-okc-forward-ryan-johnson-released-from-2016-contract-

This is exactly the striker depth we need, sign him up. Although he hasn't played in awhile.

mistercorporate
07-01-2016, 09:53 AM

Yeah, im hoping we make a deep MLS run this year to make up for it and get better depth for next year.

Areathrasher
07-01-2016, 10:02 AM
TFC will get the extra CCL allocation money too, which should help with depth.

Manning was at RSL when they made the final, yea? Should be a priority next season.

ensco
07-01-2016, 10:05 AM
This is exactly the striker depth we need, sign him up. Although he hasn't played in awhile.

You know, I was really remembering his big goals in CCL, but he had talent. This was a goal that didn't matter, in a meaningless game, but it was one of the quality goals in TFC history

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mOd1USKpPk

Lennon
07-01-2016, 10:13 AM
He did well for us but Johnson would be another Mista at this point. He couldn't cut it in China or NASL and hasn't had any success for a while now.

I'd rather sign Edwards to a first team contract. He looks ready to push Mo/Hamilton/Endoh for playing time.

Fort York Redcoat
07-01-2016, 01:34 PM
http://dividendvaluebuilder.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/johnson-and-johnson-logo.jpg

OgtheDim
07-01-2016, 04:11 PM
If we get Santos Laguna again, the team should do a black cat ears promotion that night.