PDA

View Full Version : Match Day 15 - Thus Must I From the Smoke into the Smother - TFC @ Orlando June26 730

OgtheDim
06-22-2016, 09:54 AM
First leg of a diagonal trip across the continent next week but worth the efforts for our own "heavenly Rosalind".

Have at it People

:party:WOWZA EDIT LINKS TO STREAMS PARTY!! :party:

http://firstrowca.eu/watch/445219/1/watch-orlando-city-vs-toronto-fc.html
http://www.goindexsport.com/Orlando-City---Toronto-FC.html
http://www.extremesports.tech/index.php/2016/06/25/orlando-city-vs-toronto/
http://www.funhdtv.com/p/sky3_19.html

(sorry for the edit og!)

Initial B
06-22-2016, 11:53 AM
Orlando has a good offense, but defense is a bit shaky at times. Vanney will probably play a lot of reserves in a flat 4-4-2. I'll say they tie 1-1 or 0-0.

Ivy
06-22-2016, 11:58 AM
3-1 TFC.
TFC goals - Seba 2, Johnson 1
Orlando - Penalty goal by Kaka.

Detroit_TFC
06-22-2016, 12:15 PM
I'm ready for a Seba goal scoring revival. I just hope he is, too.

Ivy
06-22-2016, 12:33 PM
Got a long way to go for that golden boot again. Villa at 11.

Ultra & Proud
06-22-2016, 01:23 PM
This will be a tight, ugly one I think. I agree with the early draw predictions. I say 1-1 with a goal by a defender.

And hard to not see Bradley playing. Vanney will probably say for him to rest or be off the bench but Bradley being Bradley, I'm sure he'll battle that out until he wins and starts.

Canuck82
06-22-2016, 01:28 PM
This will be a tight, ugly one I think. I agree with the early draw predictions. I say 1-1 with a goal by a defender.

And hard to not see Bradley playing. Vanney will probably say for him to rest or be off the bench but Bradley being Bradley, I'm sure he'll battle that out until he wins and starts.

Sadly I think Bradley will still be with the US team playing in the 3rd place Copa America game....

Ivy
06-22-2016, 01:43 PM

USMNT playing on Saturday.

Ultra & Proud
06-22-2016, 01:51 PM
That's right, 3rd place worthless match. Forgot about that. Since he is the captain I guess he'll stick around for it.

Red CB Toronto
06-22-2016, 02:01 PM
That's right, 3rd place worthless match. Forgot about that. Since he is the captain I guess he'll stick around for it.

No one would leave their National team with a game still to be played.

Ultra & Proud
06-22-2016, 03:21 PM
No one would leave their National team with a game still to be played.
Buts it's something rarely tested because only a few dumb ass leagues run matches concurrent with tournaments like these. Ours being one of the dumbest.

Blizzard
06-22-2016, 07:09 PM
Buts it's something rarely tested because only a few dumb ass leagues run matches concurrent with tournaments like these. Ours being one of the dumbest.

Fortunately we've got Cheyrou and Johnson who have been doing a fine job as D-Mids.

Ultra & Proud
06-23-2016, 12:22 PM
Kind of forgot how Seba (and the rest of TFC) lit these guys up last year. Haven't seen much of Orlando this year, do they still just stand around and let the play come to them? If so, scratch my 1-1 draw prediction and make it 1-3.

OgtheDim
06-23-2016, 02:52 PM
Kind of forgot how Seba (and the rest of TFC) lit these guys up last year. Haven't seen much of Orlando this year, do they still just stand around and let the play come to them? If so, scratch my 1-1 draw prediction and make it 1-3.

Counterattack through the middle with Larin and Batista. Still way to reliant upon Kaka who may not play. I'm thinking Perquis and Zavs for this game - give Moor a night off. Their defence is better and Bendik is having a career year (still not as good as Irwin).

Stay organized and they can be beat.

Lots of last minute heroics and disappointments. Don't turn off the game early cause something likely to happen late.

Ruffian
06-24-2016, 09:14 AM
Who is going to play RB? Hagglund? Will Bloom make an appearance? Bring up Wesley Charpie?

PopePouri
06-24-2016, 09:19 AM
Who is going to play RB? Hagglund? Will Bloom make an appearance? Bring up Wesley Charpie?

Maybe Josh Williams.

Kaz
06-24-2016, 11:42 AM
3-1 TFC.
TFC goals - Seba 2, Johnson 1
Orlando - Penalty goal by Kaka.

That is serious wishful thinking.. Vanney has no interest in scoring more than one goal a game.. unless he has to.. it will be a 1-1 tie. or a 2-1 loss. (with the second goal coming after the 60th minute)

Ultra & Proud
06-24-2016, 12:44 PM
That is serious wishful thinking.. Vanney has no interest in scoring more than one goal a game.. unless he has to.. it will be a 1-1 tie. or a 2-1 loss. (with the second goal coming after the 60th minute)
I think he'd like to score more but all of our forwards not named Giovinco aren't up to it at the moment.

Kaz
06-24-2016, 04:49 PM
I think he'd like to score more but all of our forwards not named Giovinco aren't up to it at the moment.

I think you give him way too much credit. All Season we have won by 2 goals twice. The moment we score we stop playing forwards as much. Vancouver was the first time I saw us do more.

Vanney's whole offensive strategy seems to be get Gio the Ball.. in the offseason we sold all our offense pieces and we just have the young kids. One possible Offensive piece we have we are playing as a DM.. because he doesn't like being offensive even though he is decent at it but still wants DP money..

We play Gio as a loan forwards instead of a floating AM with a forward in front much of the time.

Vanney hasn't shown any killer instinct to put games away all year.. either because we sold all our pieces or poor coaching.. either way that is on him and bez

Ultra & Proud
06-24-2016, 04:58 PM
Vanney's whole offensive strategy seems to be get Gio the Ball.. in the offseason we sold all our offense pieces and we just have the young kids.
Well we did dump a lot of our offensive pieces and they weren't replaced with vets. The fact that we are middling along with this many kids in the line up says something about Vanney's tactics. Switching up the roster doesn't throw us into complete disarray like usual and that goes down to preparation and a system that works. The blame for this set up should go to Manning. He was the one that laid out the goals against limit and the road trip point total and that lead to what we're playing now. To win, this is better. If we had all our roster together at the same time it would be better but the need for a decent crossing wide player looms large. If we get that then maybe we're talking but with what we have and how we're playing, one goal wins are what it's all about.

Kaz
06-24-2016, 07:12 PM
Well we did dump a lot of our offensive pieces and they weren't replaced with vets. The fact that we are middling along with this many kids in the line up says something about Vanney's tactics. Switching up the roster doesn't throw us into complete disarray like usual and that goes down to preparation and a system that works. The blame for this set up should go to Manning. He was the one that laid out the goals against limit and the road trip point total and that lead to what we're playing now. To win, this is better. If we had all our roster together at the same time it would be better but the need for a decent crossing wide player looms large. If we get that then maybe we're talking but with what we have and how we're playing, one goal wins are what it's all about.

So you are saying it is the Presidents fault that his GM and Coaching staff were unable to think long term or provide a decent plan to him.. basically Vanney isn't even capable of winning an argument let alone taking this team to a cup.

Ultra & Proud
06-24-2016, 11:34 PM
So you are saying it is the Presidents fault that his GM and Coaching staff were unable to think long term or provide a decent plan to him.. basically Vanney isn't even capable of winning an argument let alone taking this team to a cup.
Browse the "Vanney Deathwatch" thread, then look at who started it and then get back to me.

OgtheDim
06-25-2016, 11:00 AM
Gameday :scarf:

Ivy
06-25-2016, 11:52 AM
Gameday :scarf:

Winday

Im still tired from the LA game... I dunno how these guys do it.

OgtheDim
06-25-2016, 01:07 PM
FWIW

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClzEYtbWYAEmcsj.jpg

Anybody seen pics on social media of who is down there? Cause this team is flying straight to Vancouver tomorrow morning and if they are not down there, who knows what is going on.

CBTFC
06-25-2016, 03:27 PM
Between the CCL matches as well as our home match against LAG, I would say that we've been in decent form.

Not mind blowing, but we have been doing all the little/simple things right.

Would love to see them steal all 3 points, but a tie will do.

spe18
06-25-2016, 04:13 PM
[QUOTE=OgtheDim;

Anybody seen pics on social media of who is down there? Cause this team is flying straight to Vancouver tomorrow morning and if they are not down there, who knows what is going on.[/QUOTE]

Maybe some of them will go to Vancouver on their own, and join them there?

mowe
06-25-2016, 05:47 PM
The @BacardiCanada (https://mobile.twitter.com/BacardiCanada) Starting XI: Irwin; Morrow, Moor, Williams, Hagglund; Cheyrou, Osorio, Johnson, Endoh; Giovinco, Hamilton.

Bench: Bono, Bloom, Zavaleta, Delgado, Chapman, Babouli

Looks like Hagglund at RB, which makes no sense with Bloom available.

Dunkers
06-25-2016, 06:22 PM
anyone found a stream for this game?

PopePouri
06-25-2016, 06:24 PM
The @BacardiCanada (https://mobile.twitter.com/BacardiCanada) Starting XI: Irwin; Morrow, Moor, Williams, Hagglund; Cheyrou, Osorio, Johnson, Endoh; Giovinco, Hamilton.

Bench: Bono, Bloom, Zavaleta, Delgado, Chapman, Babouli

Looks like Hagglund at RB, which makes no sense with Bloom available.

It makes good sense because Bloomy hasn't played for 3 months.

molenshtain
06-25-2016, 06:24 PM
No Perquis?

huh...

OgtheDim
06-25-2016, 06:27 PM
Beitashour either injured or rested.

Perquis - who knows.

The only thing about Hagglund at right back is Orlando has freaking Brek Shea and a tucked in Higuita going down that side while we have Endoh. I think I know who should be busier between Shea and Hagglund but gosh Dallas is just such a bad memory.

AFCB+TFC
06-25-2016, 06:32 PM
We really miss Altidore. We've been creating a lot less chances without his hold up play. Yes he's overpaid but he's also one of our most important players. Yes he should have a couple goals this year but we need him making space for Gio and holding the ball up till we can get more men upfield.

Babouli and Hamilton have done well when given their chance though all things considered.

__wowza
06-25-2016, 06:38 PM
anyone found a stream for this game?

http://firstrowca.eu/watch/445219/1/watch-orlando-city-vs-toronto-fc.html

also edited the OP with a list of other streams all of which support adblockers.

OgtheDim
06-25-2016, 06:39 PM
http://www.breezethruobx.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/97x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/l/o/logo_red_stripe_72.286x0.png

OgtheDim
06-25-2016, 06:42 PM
If you prefer somebody other then Dobson, find Sky TV here

http://firstrowca.eu/watch/445219/3/watch-orlando-city-vs-toronto-fc.html

Likely to be a minute or two behind.

Red CB Toronto
06-25-2016, 06:45 PM
I love Gerry, but man on this scorcher of a day in Orlando Greg is really going to have to manage this game and keep things in check.

__wowza
06-25-2016, 06:46 PM
http://i.imgur.com/EtFELfX.jpg
brek shea or brienne of tarth?

__wowza
06-25-2016, 06:48 PM
that didn't take long.
et tu kyle?

Yohan
06-25-2016, 06:49 PM
way too easy for Orlando

Onyx
06-25-2016, 06:50 PM
nooooo.

larrin invisible for the CMNT ... beast in MLS

OgtheDim
06-25-2016, 06:50 PM
Johnson didn't follow a midfield run and that's all she wrote for that goal.

jloome
06-25-2016, 06:51 PM
way too easy for Orlando

They're playing with speed and precision. If we don't wake the fuck up and start fighting this'll be a slaughter.

They're taking advantage of our lack of midfield width, too.

noimpactinmtl
06-25-2016, 06:53 PM
One small nitpick on Moor. He never plays offside trap. Playing Larin offside was likely the only chance at stopping a sure goal.

jloome
06-25-2016, 06:53 PM
Johnson didn't follow a midfield run and that's all she wrote for that goal.

Drew Moore dropped Larin on his shoulder, which was arrogant.

__wowza
06-25-2016, 06:54 PM
given our previous history with trades, i fully expect bendik to score on a freak goal kick.

jloome
06-25-2016, 06:56 PM
People may not agree with me but if we keep having too many of these unmotivated performances, Vanney won't be here much longer. All this talent and we're being outworked everywhere.

OgtheDim
06-25-2016, 07:00 PM
People may not agree with me but if we keep having too many of these unmotivated performances, Vanney won't be here much longer. All this talent and we're being outworked everywhere.

Doesn't look unmotivated. More like not used to the heat and the pitch. And our wide crossing options from the FB's are not good enough.

0bl1vious
06-25-2016, 07:03 PM
We're getting picked apart.

smtavare
06-25-2016, 07:04 PM
Doesn't look unmotivated. More like not used to the heat and the pitch. And our wide crossing options from the FB's are not good enough.

I think Morrow has been atrocious this year, Morgan played better so far IMO

jloome
06-25-2016, 07:04 PM
Not closing quickly enough and a poor tactical shape for matching up against them.

Yohan
06-25-2016, 07:06 PM
last year TFC dominated Orlando because Altidore played. no Altidore and his hold up play is evident that Orlando is just running over TFC now. Hamilton needs to get in the game and do something.

Opposition lets TFC have the flanks because the crossing is erratic, and no big man in the middle to battle for the ball in the air. TFC attack is too predictable (plus over reliance on Giovinco)

0bl1vious
06-25-2016, 07:09 PM
Not closing quickly enough and a poor tactical shape for matching up against them.

Is Vanney playing a 4-3-3?

It almost looks like the boys are stretching into a 4-2-4 the few times when they tried to go forward....leaving our midfield barren.

__wowza
06-25-2016, 07:10 PM
last year TFC dominated Orlando because Altidore played. no Altidore and his hold up play is evident that Orlando is just running over TFC now. Hamilton needs to get in the game and do something.

Opposition lets TFC have the flanks because the crossing is erratic, and no big man in the middle to battle for the ball in the air. TFC attack is too predictable (plus over reliance on Giovinco)

i never understood our continued reliance on crosses when we don't have the space to bring it down.
it's like we're playing the same style we would have if altidore is still up front.

there's no big target man in the box right now.. stop playing like there is!!

AFCB+TFC
06-25-2016, 07:11 PM
An uninspired performance thus far, wonder how much of that is due to the heat and turf..

Also does anyone else feel Sportsnet has its camera not zoomed in enough?

jloome
06-25-2016, 07:12 PM
Is Vanney playing a 4-3-3?

It almost looks like the boys are stretching into a 4-2-4 the few times when they tried to go forward.

433 with a midfield anchor and the two others exchanging going forward.

OgtheDim
06-25-2016, 07:16 PM

Uh, we've actually had more balls in the box then them but whatever floats the narrative here.

As the pregame said, it was freaking 140+ F on that pitch this afternoon. Nobody is closing down anybody quickly.

jloome
06-25-2016, 07:17 PM
Uh, we've actually had more balls in the box then them but whatever floats the narrative here.

Irwin has made three point-blank saves. Do we have a shot on yet?

0bl1vious
06-25-2016, 07:18 PM
433 with a midfield anchor and the two others exchanging going forward.

I think 4-4-2 or 4-1-4-1 would be a better formation to defend against Orlando's formation (4-2-3-1?)...they seem to be exploiting the space we give them on the flanks?

Any thoughts? I'm trying to get better at reading the tactical side of the game.

Yohan
06-25-2016, 07:18 PM
just lethargic. the heat and all those games last 2 weeks are catching up

jloome
06-25-2016, 07:19 PM
just lethargic. the heat and all those games last 2 weeks are catching up

Too much inexperience upfront. EDIT: Plus, the heat.

0bl1vious
06-25-2016, 07:20 PM

As the pregame said, it was freaking 140+ F on that pitch this afternoon. Nobody is closing down anybody quickly.

I agree. What's bad is that they're walking through our midfield and stretching us on the attack. We can't play this Orlando side with a single anchor.

AFCB+TFC
06-25-2016, 07:20 PM
Irwin has been amazing for us, probably our best off-season pickup in my opinion

Yohan
06-25-2016, 07:28 PM
offside, but if you're a striker, you need to bury those, Hamilton

jloome
06-25-2016, 07:28 PM
We should move Giovinco and Endoh wide and put Hamilton up top. We're going to be chasing and playing long balls, plus it would give them some room to maneuver.

Yohan
06-25-2016, 07:29 PM
you can totally tell the heat is getting to TFC players and they are trying to conserve as much energy as possible. not going for 50/50 balls that they would have at BMO Field

0bl1vious
06-25-2016, 07:41 PM
Is Babouli on the bench?

PopePouri
06-25-2016, 07:43 PM
Endoh has been hot garbage.

OgtheDim
06-25-2016, 07:46 PM
Endoh has been hot garbage.

While Johnson has been cold garbage. His touch has been awful and when he loses the ball, Cheyrou is getting bypassed.

As others have said, we should be playing a 4-2-3-1 but Seba ain't gonna play outside, it seems.

OgtheDim
06-25-2016, 07:48 PM
Delgado on for Johnson. This should be interesting.

Yohan
06-25-2016, 07:50 PM
that's the way to do it! 1-1 JHams

cdnorman
06-25-2016, 07:51 PM
It wasn't pretty, but it was important for Hamilton to get that. I hope it spurs the team to play a little more coherently.

PopePouri
While Johnson has been cold garbage. His touch has been awful and when he loses the ball, Cheyrou is getting bypassed.

As others have said, we should be playing a 4-2-3-1 but Seba ain't gonna play outside, it seems.

Endoh wasn't linking the ball to the forwards. He's just been moved to the right side and Oso already shows why he's better at the tip. Goal Hamilton.

Red CB Toronto
Way to go Jordan with his first career MLS Goal !! What a calm finish, such a nice touch.

AFCB+TFC
Very well worked goal. Good for J'ham getting his first of hopefully many MLS goals.

__wowza
06-25-2016, 08:01 PM
Irwin has been amazing for us, probably our best off-season pickup in my opinion

if I had to find fault, and I'm really stretching here, the only problem I have is his distribution.

that seems like it's par for the course with MLS goalkeepers though.

Yohan
06-25-2016, 08:05 PM
oh Giovinco. you need to bury that

Yohan
06-25-2016, 08:10 PM
oh shit. Irwin down

tfcfans
This is bad.....

stegosaurus
Please don't be injured.

__wowza
06-25-2016, 08:11 PM
if I had to find fault, and I'm really stretching here, the only problem I have is his distribution.

i'm sorry!!
i'm sorry!!
i didn't mean it!!

smtavare
oh shit. Irwin down

Fuckin Turf, screwing us again

Red CB Toronto
Man did you see the way Clint went down . That can't be good. Dam

__wowza
06-25-2016, 08:12 PM
this is the third time this match i've heard him call adrian winter "aaron winter"
alex bono in. this is gonna be interesting.

Yohan
06-25-2016, 08:13 PM
yeah... about V Cup on wed...

Auzzy
06-25-2016, 08:15 PM
Shit, and now no more subs in this heat. That, and Irwin out, ain't gonna help us in Vancouver.

__wowza
06-25-2016, 08:16 PM
what in the actual fuck was that!?
he had two hands on hamiltons shoulders!!

if a DEFENDER did that it'd be a penalty, let alone a goddamn keeper.

Yohan
06-25-2016, 08:17 PM
oh Oso... you gotta bury that

AFCB+TFC
06-25-2016, 08:18 PM

Yea he could certainly improve on that, but like you say most MLS keepers are pretty weak in that department.

Annnnnd now he's hurt :(

jloome
06-25-2016, 08:22 PM
what in the actual fuck was that!?
he had two hands on hamiltons shoulders!!

if a DEFENDER did that it'd be a penalty, let alone a goddamn keeper.

Bush league call. Total penalty, back and forwards.

EDIT: Having erroneously called out Vanney for a slow start that was probably heat based, I will note his adjustments (we're playing a 4-3-2-1) have worked.

tfcfans
06-25-2016, 08:24 PM
That was inevitable.....

__wowza
06-25-2016, 08:25 PM
oh. hey bono. fuck this game man..
i feel so fucking hard done by right now.

OgtheDim
06-25-2016, 08:25 PM
And that's why I prefer Roberts.

jloome
06-25-2016, 08:27 PM
Bono's not ready for USL; I know Q needs competitive games, but this is the risk we take in not having him full-time and platooning for cup games.

Yohan
06-25-2016, 08:28 PM
FFS Giovinco.

I give up

69Chevy396

I think both Endoah and Osorio need to be benched. Neither should be at the receiving end of any goalmouth pass.

__wowza
Bono's not ready for USL

i don't know what's happening. the dude was so highly valued during the draft that americans were actually getting mad at us for taking one of their top prospects for the future of the USMNT. somehow it's ibrahim'd.

AFCB+TFC
06-25-2016, 08:29 PM
Absolute joke that wasn't a penalty on Bendik. Feel bad for Bono, not the debut he'd have envisioned.

Looks like it's just not our day, you never see Gio have a touch that heavy in on goal.

OgtheDim
Seba with a very bad touch around the keeper. Ugh

69Chevy396
Bono's not ready for USL; I know Q needs competitive games, but this is the risk we take in not having him full-time and platooning for cup games.
His first touch in an MLS game results in a stupid give away and easy goal.

OgtheDim
06-25-2016, 08:30 PM
I think both Endoah and Osorio need to be benched. Neither should be at the receiving end of any goalmouth pass.

Did you note who made the flick to Hamilton for the goal?

smtavare
06-25-2016, 08:31 PM
I hate these Jerseys, they are ugly and cursed

OgtheDim
And this ref is shit.

AFCB+TFC
Morrow babyyy!!!!

69Chevy396
06-25-2016, 08:32 PM
Seba with a very bad touch around the keeper. Ugh
Giovinco looks like he wishes he was playing in a pro league again.

69Chevy396
06-25-2016, 08:33 PM
Did you note who made the flick to Hamilton for the goal?
Did you notice his screwed up handling of that easy pass, in front of the open net?

jloome
06-25-2016, 08:35 PM
Eight minutes... we could still win this.

tfcfans
Just hold on....please....

molenshtain
Oh, your back. Wonderful. My blood pressure was just getting back down to normal levels.

Eastend
06-25-2016, 08:40 PM
Are you fucking kidding me??????

tfcfans
06-25-2016, 08:40 PM
An absolute joke.....

Eastend
06-25-2016, 08:42 PM
Just brutal!!!!!

Brooker
06-25-2016, 08:43 PM
Well knock me over with a feather.

What a crock of shit this ref.

Who trains these people? A drunken gorilla?

Red CB Toronto
Fuck that !

OgtheDim
And this ref is shit.

jloome
Fucking disgraceful.

__wowza
after fucking up a call at the other end, you'd think you could give the benefit of the doubt.. but then again MLS.
vanney pulling his players back was a smart move even if it was just so he could cuss out elfath himself.

you'd think the guy who fucked up the game would be more receptive to being chewed out but he was having none of it.

Oldtimer
Robbed.

jloome
06-25-2016, 08:44 PM
This kind of game really makes you wonder about corruption in football. He somehow misses Bendik shoulder tackling Hamilton, then he calls that a penalty.

OgtheDim
How that is materially different from the foul by Bendik on Hamilton I do not know.

Ishmael Elspath

Williams is an idiot for getting a straight red.

Yohan
so Vanney put out the first team for pretty much nothing

I didn't think TFC did enough to get 3 pts let alone 1 pt. Giovinco and Osorio missing their chances hurt

Richard
06-25-2016, 08:45 PM
I tuned in and the first thing I see the ref robbing us. Lol

ManUtd4ever
What a fucking joke.

jloome
Read lips: "You're a disgrace. Disgraceful,' is what Vanney just said to him.

Eastend
Just so frustrating.....watching the Euro then this......yes the play is not even close but the refs here are 5 classes lower. Just unbelievable.

Tough point to lose for TFC.

leafsman
has the MLS been investigated for match fixing yet?

Bardown Snipes
I don't know how that referee called that and didn't call the one two minutes earlier. A good referee is invisible during a game and isn't a deciding factor in the outcome. However, I feel that the majority of TFC's matches away from BMO this year have had terrible refereeing which has unfortunately impacted the games.

AFCB+TFC
MLS refs have cost us so many fucking points this year.

How the hell are we gunna get more players like Gio to MLS with sub Conference level refs!

DeRo2015
06-25-2016, 08:47 PM
I really fucking hate Orlando. That was an atrocious call as well

tfcfans
06-25-2016, 08:47 PM
I honestly don't know why I watch this anymore.....it's easier to just expect the worst thing that can happen to occur, and then be pleasantly surprised if it doesn't.....I think this franchise is just cursed sometimes....

__wowza
06-25-2016, 08:48 PM
Williams is an idiot for getting a straight red.

to be honest i don't know if i would've been able to keep it together out there after that display.
"the ref robbed us of points!" is a pretty overused troupe, but this is one of those times where i find it completely justified.. bendik should've seen red and we should've had a penalty.. and then he flips around and makes a soft call on the other end despite fucking up his original call.

stegosaurus
06-25-2016, 08:49 PM
Absolutely shocking display of refereeing. Yeah, we missed some chances, but there was no way that penalty should have ever been called, especially after the situation at the other end. Disgraceful.

Richard
06-25-2016, 08:50 PM
Someone please post a link to the supposed foul call. I'm really curious now.

romburgundy
06-25-2016, 08:51 PM
Speechless, just speechless! You've all said it best, nothing else to say just speechless!
Not sure why we're surprised! Lower league, Lower quality everything. MLS is a Joke!

OgtheDim
06-25-2016, 08:52 PM
Someone please post a link to the supposed foul call. I'm really curious now.

To be honest, it was a foul.

BUT, as the Sky guy said, those are NEVER called, and certainly never called in the last minute of the game.

The fact it was Kaka probably played into it.

Auzzy
06-25-2016, 08:53 PM
Not just that the ref called the one PK & not the other: Bendik's foul was much worse. On the PK that he called, both players were using their arms, and Orlando player basically just fell when Moor moved away.

69Chevy396
06-25-2016, 08:53 PM
I honestly don't know why I watch this anymore.....it's easier to just expect the worst thing that can happen to occur, and then be pleasantly surprised if it doesn't.....I think this franchise is just cursed sometimes....
MLSE curse is alive and well. I feel bad for most of the TFC players, they tried, they lost. It happens. A generally lousy day of soccer, lots of crappy Euro games, and finishing with a mediocre display by Toronto. I hope the keeper is alright, because without him, last place is a distinct possibility.

stegosaurus
06-25-2016, 08:54 PM
To be honest, it was a foul.

BUT, as the Sky guy said, those are NEVER called, and certainly never called in the last minute of the game.

The fact it was Kaka probably played into it.

It was Baptista, but it was also beyond injury time, was obviously a dive, and the ref had made egregious non-calls throughout the game. Pretty shit way to decide it.

Richard
06-25-2016, 08:57 PM
This kind of game really makes you wonder about corruption in football. He somehow misses Bendik shoulder tackling Hamilton, then he calls that a penalty.

Its just incompetence, this type of thing has been going on forever and you would think that someone by now would be able to sniff something out if there was corruption in MLS officiating.

69Chevy396
06-25-2016, 08:58 PM
Not just that the ref called the one PK & not the other: Bendik's foul was much worse. On the PK that he called, both players were using their arms, and Orlando player basically just fell when Moor move away.

Oh and 69Chevy396 would you just ZIP IT right here right now. When's the last time you commented on a game? Just go away. For you you come in at that point, when TFC was playing pretty decent in the 2nd half, considering the weather & the situation, is effin ridiculous. (Orlando also looking pretty tired and weak, when they should be more used to the climate.)

When I am at the game, it is hard to comment. When I watch on tv, they generally play shit and lose. I have always made positive remarks when they were deserved. I watched the whole game tonight, and decided to wade in near the end, at a time when sadly, the team tried hard but achieved little. Do you get angry when you read a sports column after an abysmal performance by TFC?

stegosaurus
06-25-2016, 08:59 PM
Its just incompetence, this type of thing has been going on forever and you would think that someone by now would be able to sniff something out if there was corruption in MLS officiating.

Hanlon's razor. Gantar, Toldedo, Geiger, etc. ... Just add Elfath to the list.

Auzzy
06-25-2016, 09:01 PM

I didn't think TFC did enough to get 3 pts let alone 1 pt. Giovinco and Osorio missing their chances hurt

Sorry I don't agree with that part. TFC played like crap in the 1st half, but played decent in the 2nd half. More importantly, Orlando started looking pretty gassed, and Toronto actually had the better chances in the 2nd half. Obviously TFC players not converting killed us, but they did enough for a point.

OgtheDim
06-25-2016, 09:03 PM

Its not just incompetence. If they were always incompetent, we could just fire them all. Heck, this particular ref actually had a decent game with us earlier this season.

Its that these guys are all relatively competent for a few games in a row and then every single freaking one of these refs has a brain fart game - and not just getting one call wrong. I'm talking getting calls wrong that change games. Every single one of them does that.

Its maddening.

I can take players being bad because we can always find another one.

But these guys, they kill your soul.

molenshtain
06-25-2016, 09:03 PM
I hope the keeper is alright, because without him, last place is a distinct possibility.

No, it's fucking not. Get a grip.

Auzzy
06-25-2016, 09:04 PM
When I am at the game, it is hard to comment. When I watch on tv, they generally play shit and lose. I have always made positive remarks when they were deserved. I watched the whole game tonight, and decided to wade in near the end, at a time when sadly, the team tried hard but achieved little. Do you get angry when you read a sports column after an abysmal performance by TFC?

Look above. You might have noticed, I removed the 2nd part of my post within seconds, after I saw your next comment which was reasonable. (Well except for last place w/o Irwin -- exaggerate much?) And long before this response by you.

Your earlier comments were hot garbage, but I was prepared to forget about those.

ronzilla
06-25-2016, 09:08 PM
Can't believe the ref bought it. It was clearly a dive.

Oldtimer
06-25-2016, 09:12 PM
has the MLS been investigated for match fixing yet?

You kind of wonder. It was looked into a few years ago but nothing recent AFAIK.

Oldtimer
06-25-2016, 09:14 PM
How the hell are we gunna get more players like Gio to MLS with sub Conference level refs!

Any Italian players like Gio will assume the match was fixed. Remember the Juve scandal a few years back.

Brooker
06-25-2016, 09:15 PM
But these guys, they kill your soul.

Thank god my soul was crushed and lost during the goal drought.

I would have broken many household objects tonight if not.

AFCB+TFC
06-25-2016, 09:27 PM
Any Italian players like Gio will assume the match was fixed. Remember the Juve scandal a few years back.

Hadn't even thought of that, good point.

Auzzy
06-25-2016, 09:31 PM
MLS hasn't posted the supposed PK foul to the highlights. But they did post the PK instead.

Let's see if the "foul" makes into the full game highlights, probably not. Same for the non-call on Bendik. Too embarrassing. TFC will post them though. (They already posted Bendik's bear hug to Twitter. Orlando posted that Bendik play as a "save" BTW. LMFAO.)

I could go have another look on MLS Live now, but I'm just so effin sick of everything. Footy is supposed to be a fun diversion from all the other BS. Too much to ask I guess.

jimiv
06-25-2016, 09:31 PM
maybe it wasn't the ref at all, perhaps it was the blue kit that made them lose tonight... :facepalm:

SoccMan2
06-25-2016, 09:34 PM
It's time the MLS ask FIFA if it could be a league where new rules are tried, and the first one I would have the league experiment with is using video technology on disputed calls. I would give each team two calls each have that they can dispute and go to video replay, any call you wanted, be it offsides, handballs , fouls in the box anything you want the ref to review on a video monitor, but you only have two each half, this needs to be implemented because you just can't have games decided by bad calls like this or missed calls, it's fucking 2016 let's start using technology !

ronzilla
06-25-2016, 09:41 PM
Nah don't need technology, just need better referees who are not so naive. They should know better that players tend to go down much easier in the box.

romburgundy
06-25-2016, 09:50 PM
It's time the MLS ask FIFA if it could be a league where new rules are tried, and the first one I would have the league experiment with is using video technology on disputed calls. I would give each team two calls each have that they can dispute and go to video replay, any call you wanted, be it offsides, handballs , fouls in the box anything you want the ref to review on a video monitor, but you only have two each half, this needs to be implemented because you just can't have games decided by bad calls like this or missed calls, it's fucking 2016 let's start using technology !

Video replay will work, They could even let the fourth official be the deciding factor after the four officials review the video. This way the ref still gets to save face and "disagree" with the call if they must. As it sits right now MLS reffing is a full out shit show! Better than it was 10 years ago but 12 year old refs at my 9 year olds league have better games than these morons!

__wowza
06-25-2016, 09:51 PM

i hate the fact that baseball does this. we need a better quality of ref.
some actual consistency both league wide and individually.

refs in the top leagues in the world have styles: some of them are more likely to hand out yellows, some allow for a more physical style of play. some are uncompromising with challenges that endanger the safety of a player, some aren't so willing to issue a red. some are more likely to call advantage, others aren't and stop play dead. the problem is that MLS refs can't even maintain consistency within their own game.

on one side, you have a goalkeeper that pulls down a player with both hands firmly planted on a fowards shoulders.
on the other, you have two players each with a hand across the others chest. one of those is called.
one week you have a ref handing out a red for an over the ball challenge with the studs showing, the next week he's showing a yellow.

look at it this way.. do you really think elpath is going to issue a straight red for descent the next time around?

Loyal
06-25-2016, 09:54 PM
What is with the totally flat first halves again this year?

Something is wrong when it happens game after game......

Joe Kool
06-25-2016, 10:00 PM
White kit and bad reffing....yes...two of my beefs but they also passed like shit in the first half and were second to the ball a lot. They better not come out that flat against Vancouver.

Detroit_TFC
06-25-2016, 10:02 PM
fuck everything

Yohan
06-25-2016, 10:08 PM
I don't expect a result whenever TFC has that lame white kit and blue shorts kit on

stevep
06-25-2016, 10:09 PM
i have had the thought for a while now that you cannot take this league too seriously or get too worked up about it
away games are not worth watching, nothing ever seems to go well with in them,
too many garbage useless fields of play ie yankee stadium and many others, and the
refereeing is crap ,

I just go to individual games at bmo and hope it is entertaining and i was entertained and had a good time.
if they make the playoffs all that means is potentially another home game to be entertained at, that's all

Auzzy
06-25-2016, 10:28 PM
Playing in weather like that on plastic turf is killer BTW. It's much hotter than on real grass. Makes the whole experience even more crappy (for players and fans). When is Orlando finally going to get a proper stadium with grass?

ensco
06-25-2016, 10:29 PM
Anyone got a link to the non call?

Auzzy
06-25-2016, 10:34 PM
Anyone got a link to the non call?

Here you go... Let's see if I can post this tweet with the video...

https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/746874677340082176

JuliquE
06-25-2016, 10:35 PM

When you mention two things, using "let alone" in between them, the latter is supposed to be less imaginable, btw (bold text).

But, yeh… even ignoring the fact we were robbed, as the ref loses the plot, towards the end, we had two penalty shouts: one admittedly very soft… but, stranger things—seen them given and so on. The other was stone wall. We, nevertheless, scored two lovely goals, in some very tough conditions/circumstances. I don't think that missing a couple gilt-edged chances means we deserve nothing, all things considered—in fact, the opposite is true, for those who look at the number of chances created to determine which side "deserves" what.

You know, it's not so much the couple points you make, but that your first reaction is to kick the team (Vanney and players) whilst they're already down, felled by a punch to the gut, with the way this one ended. Don't mean to villainize you, mind, as I know you care, like we all do; just think sometimes, when we get all worked up, it shouldn't hurt for someone to gently provide a bit of perspective.

I think the plan was always to rest a few key players, via (relatively) early substitution; growing concern over our league standing might have somewhat dictated the strength in player selections for the starting line-up. Clint's injury, I think, was a real blow for us, epitomized by the second Orlando goal.

All in all, I was very impressed with the way the lads come out in the second half, and kept fighting, despite the energy-sapping conditions. Vanney, for me, got more right than wrong; there will always be a gamble here or there, and you're a genius if it comes off. It's fair to say that, in this case, we didn't have the rub of the green, on the night (put lightly).

It really is tough, and I'm also a bit worried for how this might mentally/physically affect the group, going into Wednesday… but, there are some positives, which I hope they focus on.

SoccMan2
06-25-2016, 10:39 PM
Forget about the crappy fields , yes there are still a few but there are more good ones than bad ones, there are enough teams in this league with grass soccer specific new stadiums that more than make up for the crappy ones, however, this officiating crap is getting out of hand and something needs to be done, and like I stated earlier I think technology needs to be used because I just don't see the officiating getting any better without the officials getting help. In terms of not bothering with away game results as fans, well I'm different then I follow this team like I would any sport team, I care about home and away games equally , why would I not yes sports is a pastime for enjoyment and pleasure , however, I also follow this team because I care how they do home and away , just like a Jays fan cares about their team home and away , why should it be any different for a TFC fan.

Jack
06-25-2016, 10:51 PM

Holy sweet fuck! And the ref was right fucking there.

Rudi
06-25-2016, 10:58 PM
Playing in weather like that on plastic turf is killer BTW. It's much hotter than on real grass. Makes the whole experience even more crappy (for players and fans). When is Orlando finally going to get a proper stadium with grass?
In March: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orlando_City_Stadium

ensco
06-25-2016, 10:58 PM

Based on that one angle, this seems like a 50/50 call.

The PK that was given, that is a scandal. League office has to answer for that.

reggie
06-25-2016, 11:06 PM
at this stage..i would be happy to leave the MLS and join the CPL.im so sick of this crap.
is it true bradley got injured tonight?

Richard
06-25-2016, 11:17 PM
i have had the thought for a while now that you cannot take this league too seriously or get too worked up about it
away games are not worth watching, nothing ever seems to go well with in them,
too many garbage useless fields of play ie yankee stadium and many others, and the
refereeing is crap ,

I just go to individual games at bmo and hope it is entertaining and i was entertained and had a good time.
if they make the playoffs all that means is potentially another home game to be entertained at, that's all

With mind boggling league rules, non transparent financial budgets and a complete lack of interest in developing quality refereeing I have stepped back on taking this league seriously too.

I watch and support TFC, but the league hasn't yet proven that it wants to put the big boy pants on to me.

__wowza
06-25-2016, 11:28 PM

if by 50/50 you mean "there's a 50% it's a PK, 50% chance its a PK and a red".

http://i.imgur.com/7AnPLIK.png

bendik is leaving his feet, with one hand on his shoulder and one around his waist.
based on that angle it's made it an open and shut case. if a defender did this there'd be no questions asked, let alone a keeper.

flatpicker
06-25-2016, 11:35 PM
The game was all kinds of terrible.

PopePouri
06-25-2016, 11:41 PM
If I take a positive, I'm really happy for JayHams getting on the scoresheet.

AFCB+TFC
06-26-2016, 12:14 AM
If I take a positive, I'm really happy for JayHams getting on the scoresheet.

He's looked good in the few games we've seen of him, seems like a pretty clinical finisher.

Red CB Toronto
06-26-2016, 01:16 AM
Alex Bono when he stepped onto the pitch in Orlando on Saturday evening became the 182nd player to have at least played one for the Reds in their 10 year history.

Oldtimer
06-26-2016, 06:26 AM
Alex Bono when he stepped onto the pitch in Orlando on Saturday evening became the 182nd player to have at least played one for the Reds in their 10 year history.

Time for you to get his autograph! :-)

ensco
06-26-2016, 07:49 AM
if by 50/50 you mean "there's a 50% it's a PK, 50% chance its a PK and a red".

http://i.imgur.com/7AnPLIK.png

bendik is leaving his feet, with one hand on his shoulder and one around his waist.
based on that angle it's made it an open and shut case. if a defender did this there'd be no questions asked, let alone a keeper.

I see it now, weird, my player was conking out at the 3 second mark last night, I couldn't figure out why everyone was so furious because all I saw was the initial attempt, not the carom (and takedown)

That is a PK.

It is interesting that this play isn't in the highlight package.

PAOK17
06-26-2016, 08:06 AM
I see it now, weird, my player was conking out at the 3 second mark last night, I couldn't figure out why everyone was so furious because all I saw was the initial attempt, not the carom (and takedown)

That is a PK.

Even more interesting watching the 30 second highlight clip on TSN where they describe it as "Moor takes down Baptista and it's a PK." No mention that it was controversial (or blatantly a bad call). Their highlights are so bad that they don't even show all 5 goals. Their highlights were: Larin's goal, Irwin's injury, Morrow's goal, one quick angle of the penalty call, Kaka's penalty.

But hey let's talk about who the Leafs took in the 60th round of the draft.

jloome
06-26-2016, 08:07 AM

That is a PK.

Even worse, the official story says Bendik "flapped at his legs"

i dunno, maybe Elsaph just wanted Orlando to have a better week, given all that has happened.

Leedsoronto
06-26-2016, 08:42 AM
With plastic fields, kindergarten refs, how can MLS continue to be a serious league akin to EPL

Calls or non calls like Bendiks rugby tackle are what make this league the joke it is around Europe

Kaz
06-26-2016, 09:03 AM

I was out last night didn't get to see the game.

That is a foul.. Bendik grabs Hamilton's shoulder pulling him down before ever touching the ball.

Richard
06-26-2016, 10:02 AM
With plastic fields, kindergarten refs, how can MLS continue to be a serious league akin to EPL

Calls or non calls like Bendiks rugby tackle are what make this league the joke it is around Europe

It shouldn't be taken serious, go to the games and have fun but don't expect much of anything else to be honest.

Felling really cynical right now, this stuff has been going on forever with no improvement in sight.

Onyx
06-26-2016, 10:14 AM
only two teams in the east have winning records.

so much parity this year ... still wide open

Onyx
06-26-2016, 10:23 AM

its not, just ask the italian football federation

reggie
06-26-2016, 10:40 AM
does anybody know if bradley was injured last night?

Prof
06-26-2016, 10:43 AM
Even more interesting watching the 30 second highlight clip on TSN where they describe it as "Moor takes down Baptista and it's a PK." No mention that it was controversial (or blatantly a bad call). They're highlights are so bad that they don't even show all 5 goals. They're highlights were: Larin's goal, Irwin's injury, Morrow's goal, one quick angle of the penalty call, Kaka's penalty.

But hey let's talk about who the Leafs took in the 60th round of the draft.

It is mind boggling that TSN does so little to actually promote or discuss their very own product. As you said they'll report on absolute fluff for Leafs, Blue Jays and even Argos but barely spend 20seconds on TFC. This is why I've stopped watching these crap "sports reports". I do miss Graham Leggatt.

Fort York Redcoat
06-26-2016, 10:51 AM
It shouldn't be taken serious, go to the games and have fun but don't expect much of anything else to be honest.

Felling really cynical right now, this stuff has been going on forever with no improvement in sight.

Well we were improving field conditions but the officiating has definitely got less confidence league wide.

Fort York Redcoat
06-26-2016, 10:53 AM

That is a PK.

Interesting - read suspicious. Yes.

Not how I want to remember you, Joey. tsk tsk.

DinamoTFC
06-26-2016, 12:27 PM

Wow thats a clear fuckin penalty. and the ref is right in front of it. Mickey mouse refs making the league a joke.

notthesun
06-26-2016, 01:18 PM
Didn't see the game but it sounds like we got screwed? Bah. What are you gonna do... happy to see that Hamilton scored.

Red CB Toronto
06-26-2016, 01:57 PM
Time for you to get his autograph! :-)

Have it, photos from the Manchester City friendly.

MightyDM
06-26-2016, 07:20 PM
Just watched the second half of the match. There were lots of strange calls, several fouls on Seba not called, a foul on Morrow going into the box, a two footed challenge by Bendix on JHams ( I think ) all at least as egregious as the PK he called, several more blatant. Very very strange. And there was no doubt about the Bendik PK, hand on shoulder and leg whips J Hams. Our guy was too honest, he was trying to stay on his feet to score and still couldn't. Quite unbelievable, the whole series of plays.

Yohan
06-26-2016, 08:06 PM
if you thought MLS refs are bad, the centre ref in charge of Copa America game... yikes. he makes Gantar look like a superstar right now

C.Ronaldo
06-27-2016, 08:45 AM
Wow thats a clear fuckin penalty. and the ref is right in front of it. Mickey mouse refs making the league a joke.

WTF was THAT!!!

Detroit_TFC
06-27-2016, 12:37 PM
Clint Irwin gets Team of the Week honors.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/06/27/2016-team-week-wk-16-playmakers-take-center-stage-across-mls