PDA

View Full Version : Looks Like Edu is headed for the bench....

jloome
07-27-2008, 09:06 PM
....as Carver is finally moving to a 442 with Guevara and Robinson in the mid.

• "I think it's blatantly obvious what we need to do," Carver said. "We don't need one striker, we need two strikers and we need somebody to put the ball in the back of the net. I feel Amado can play in a 4-4-2 with Carl Robinson, and if we get two strikers in, we can move on to the next step."

from the upcoming game preview.

So it looks like we'll see Ibee and Barrett up top..

werewolf
07-27-2008, 09:09 PM
Edu is going to the Olympics soon anyway. Hopefully this will send him a little message that he needs to get out of his sophomore slump. He will have to get his head out of Europe if he can't even start in the MLS.

Bluenose13
07-27-2008, 09:09 PM
With Edu gone for the next month, we really don't have much choice.

ag futbol
07-27-2008, 09:12 PM
Is this guy still seriously considered a transfer target? He's played terribly all this year.

I would be running to cash that cheque in a hurry.

MG42
07-27-2008, 09:18 PM

big time!

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
07-27-2008, 09:20 PM
....as Carver is finally moving to a 442 with Guevara and Robinson in the mid.

• "I think it's blatantly obvious what we need to do," Carver said. "We don't need one striker, we need two strikers and we need somebody to put the ball in the back of the net. I feel Amado can play in a 4-4-2 with Carl Robinson, and if we get two strikers in, we can move on to the next step."

from the upcoming game preview.

So it looks like we'll see Ibee and Barrett up top..

isnt ibee off to the milk cup?

if so who will be the strikers at RSL?

Barrett and ?

werewolf
07-27-2008, 09:21 PM
isnt ibee off to the milk cup?

if so who will be the strikers at RSL?

Barrett and ?

and Cunny!!!

:lol:

that be funny if he scored his 100th goal in Salt Lake, no big celebration and everyone will boo him.

Smenge
07-27-2008, 09:26 PM
The way the team has been playing, they might as well play a 5-5-0 formation, and hope for a nil-nil draw.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
07-27-2008, 09:28 PM
The way the team has been playing, they might as well play a 5-5-0 formation, and hope for a nil-nil draw.

I'll take a point on the road anyday!:hump:

Brooker
07-28-2008, 12:21 AM
let Cunny start with Barrett.

hell, he scored in Salt Lake last year.... off two posts mind you :D

let him do it again!

Broadview
07-28-2008, 03:06 AM
Jarrod Smith more likely than Cunny I'd bet.

I wonder if Lombardo would ever consider pulling a Hemming and come back?

James17930
07-28-2008, 05:52 AM
Jarrod Smith more likely than Cunny I'd bet.

I wonder if Lombardo would ever consider pulling a Hemming and come back?

We need a new 'Out of Context' thread. :hump:

Smenge
07-28-2008, 07:54 AM
great idea, inviting Lombardo back......where he could have another perfect season.

BigLou
07-28-2008, 08:01 AM
Is this guy still seriously considered a transfer target? He's played terribly all this year.

I have always felt edu was overrated. Even after his rookie of the year campaign last year I didnt see him being swept off to Europe. I feel the rookie of the year in this league is a little different than in other major leagues. Its not like the NHL where thedraft is used to select the TOP young talent. Many of the skilled players that would be selected using the MLS draft get either pulled beforehand by european dreams or are drafted at a retardedly young age ( Adu) and therefore don't make as much of an impact right away.

invictusTFC
07-28-2008, 08:09 AM
I have always felt edu was overrated. Even after his rookie of the year campaign last year I didnt see him being swept off to Europe. I feel the rookie of the year in this league is a little different than in other major leagues. Its not like the NHL where thedraft is used to select the TOP young talent. Many of the skilled players that would be selected using the MLS draft get either pulled beforehand by european dreams or are drafted at a retardedly young age ( Adu) and therefore don't make as much of an impact right away.

I'm not sure you could have called him overrated last season. There was a stretch of games last season where he seemed like the only bright spot in an otherwise miserable team. He is going through a slump right now, and the team will only benefit once he breaks out of it. That being said, I do advocate his relegation to the bench for now. He needs a wake up call, something to stimulate his play.

Billy the kid
07-28-2008, 08:10 AM
Edu played really well against Chicago, but his year overall hasn't been great.