PDA

View Full Version : TFC Waiting to free up roster for Dickov

TorontoUnitedScout
07-27-2008, 08:51 PM
Can anyone clear this up for me.....as far as I understand or could believe....Dickov's waiting game is due to TFC waiting to finalize Mcbride with Cunny out the door...this would allow a spot for Pauly......

Beach_Red
07-27-2008, 08:52 PM
The last we heard, he took TFC's offer back to the UK and was looking around there for someone to match it.

twistedchinaman
07-27-2008, 08:53 PM
Did someone say they had a catapult for Cunny?

If that's you -- please bring it out now, thank you!

(Even if Dickov ain't coming, we should use it anyway)

UltraSuperMegaMo
07-27-2008, 08:55 PM
Can anyone clear this up for me.....as far as I understand or could believe....Dickov's waiting game is due to TFC waiting to finalize Mcbride with Cunny out the door...this would allow a spot for Pauly......

A recent article in the NP suggested that. Reasonable speculation. Dickov seems to have snubbed both Leicester and Blackpool.

Here's the NP article:

http://www.nationalpost.com/sports/story.html?id=684144

TorontoUnitedScout
07-27-2008, 08:57 PM
Mo said on Saturday don't quote me on this something to the lines he wants to come here. we just have to clear up a few things.....

Flipityflu
07-27-2008, 09:00 PM
i would just like all this to be done.

rocker
07-27-2008, 09:06 PM
ya he woulda signed in England by now you'd think. must be waiting for TFC.

he's also been offered the max of what Mojo can offer, so there's no need to wait around and try to squeeze more cash out of TFC.

MG42
07-27-2008, 09:09 PM
So is MoJo trying to get something for Cunny, instead of releasing him and and getting Dickov here right away? I'm so confused :(

UltraSuperMegaMo
07-27-2008, 09:14 PM
So is MoJo trying to get something for Cunny, instead of releasing him and and getting Dickov here right away? I'm so confused :(

They’re not just releasing Cunningham because he’s on a guaranteed contract. They have to trade him if the want to free up cap room.

If Tebily really is gone, I would assume Dickov would just take his roster spot. Also does TFC have an open spot for Barret?

noochie
07-27-2008, 09:14 PM
Yeah Mo mentioned in the media scrum vid on TFC TV that 2 or 3 teams were interested in Cunny, one of them will likely get him.

MG42
07-27-2008, 09:15 PM
man we need BBtB back here to keep track of this roster designation foolishness :(

noochie
07-27-2008, 09:16 PM
They’re not just releasing Cunningham because he’s on a guaranteed contract. They have to trade him if the want to free up cap room.

If Tebily really is gone, I would assume Dickov would just take his roster spot. Also does TFC have an open spot for Barret?

Barrett would occupy the spot vacated by Tebily for now. I imagine that they are working on a deal to ship Cunny out and/or demote somone to the DEV roster. However there is room for Dickov also... placing Dunny on SEI would free up an S/I slot.

UltraSuperMegaMo
07-27-2008, 09:21 PM
Barrett would occupy the spot vacated by Tebily for now. I imagine that they are working on a deal to ship Cunny out and/or demote somone to the DEV roster. However there is room for Dickov also... placing Dunny on SEI would free up an S/I slot.

I assume we’ll get the "official" word about this deal having gone through and Tebily having left the team at the same time.

I wonder if there still looking for cover at leftback? Maybe more moves are imminent.

noochie
07-27-2008, 09:30 PM
I assume we’ll get the "official" word about this deal having gone through and Tebily having left the team at the same time.

I wonder if there still looking for cover at leftback? Maybe more moves are imminent.

I would almost guarantee it. Losing two defenders in a week is tough, someone will have to step in here for sure.

The Oz
07-27-2008, 09:45 PM
Cunny is going down to developmental. Barrett will take his place. Tebily is now gone. And I assume Dickov will take HIS place. But what I think is happening is Mo is trying to trade Cunny and depending on what he gets cause they still think Cunny is awesome (excuse me while I throw up) and depending on what we get for him Mo will THEN sign Dickov.

Also Dunny and DD might go on SEI (season ending injury) which would also make some space.

Smenge
07-27-2008, 09:48 PM
The Tebiliy rumor does not appear to have any legs....is he really gone, or just injured still?

UltraSuperMegaMo
07-27-2008, 09:49 PM
Cunny is going down to developmental. Barrett will take his place. Tebily is now gone. And I assume Dickov will take HIS place. But what I think is happening is Mo is trying to trade Cunny and depending on what he gets cause they still think Cunny is awesome (excuse me while I throw up) and depending on what we get for him Mo will THEN sign Dickov.

Also Dunny and DD might go on SEI (season ending injury) which would also make some space.

I'm sure they would if they could, but Cunningham is too old for a dev. roster spot.

The Oz
07-27-2008, 10:49 PM
sorry did i say developmental? my bad dude, i meant reserve. it was in the paper

Wooster_TFC
07-28-2008, 08:24 AM
See: http://64.13.252.151/forums/showthread.php?t=3237

I haven't updated it yet with the new info, but here's my best guess:

If Tebily is actually gone, then Barrett takes his spot. If not, then Dunivant gets placed on SEI (hasn't yet because we can't until the replacement is signed) and Barrett takes his spot. I have a feeling the real reason Dickov hasn't signed yet is one of two things:

1. Waiting on getting a DP signed.
2. Waiting on the league to finalize the contract.

James17930
07-28-2008, 08:26 AM
Yeah, what's up with this Tebily thing anyway? Do we have any good confirmation on this? Because all I've seen so far is just the rumour on this board.

Wooster_TFC
07-28-2008, 08:30 AM
Yeah, what's up with this Tebily thing anyway? Do we have any good confirmation on this? Because all I've seen so far is just the rumour on this board.

No official confirmation to my knowledge, although the rumour starter has been bang on in the past.

James17930
07-28-2008, 08:32 AM
Personally I hope he's not gone.