PDA

View Full Version : Vancouver Canucks owner expresses MLS interest

It's Called Football
07-27-2008, 08:36 PM
Hockey owner expresses MLS interest

It seems as though the Vancouver Whitecaps owner Greg Kerfoot and his new best buddy Steve Nash may have some competition in their bid to bring an MLS franchise to the city.

It was revealed this weekend that Vancouver Canucks owner Francesco Aquilini has expressed interest in tabling his own bid, and/or working with the Whitecaps in their efforts, to acquire an MLS franchise.

Read more (http://metronews.typepad.com/itscalledfootball/)

ag futbol
07-27-2008, 08:41 PM
From what i read over at the v's board, this guy is considered quite the piece of scum.

Another shady NHL owner? it's almost like a pre-requesite to joining the club these days.

WHITEY
07-27-2008, 08:48 PM
From what i read over at the v's board, this guy is considered quite the piece of scum.

Another shady NHL owner? it's almost like a pre-requesite to joining the club these days.

Being born and raised in Vancouver; still keeping tabs with the ongoings with the sports teams there and going back often, scum doesn't even begin to explain Aquilini and his brothers. The only way to explain it is that he's fucked! Lenerduzzi and the boys now all about this guy and I would bet they have told Garber all about this peice of shit. Aquilini has no chance in my opinion up against Nash and Kerfoot.

ag futbol
07-27-2008, 08:54 PM
Being born and raised in Vancouver; still keeping tabs with the ongoings with the sports teams there and going back often, scum doesn't even begin to explain Aquilini and his brothers. The only way to explain it is that he's fucked! Lenerduzzi and the boys now all about this guy and I would bet they have told Garber all about this peice of shit. Aquilini has no chance in my opinion up against Nash and Kerfoot.
That's great to hear. There's already been some suggestion that Kerfoot has done so much for soccer in BC that nobody would go along with this.

However, if aforementioned dirtbag could push the waterfront stadium through his influence, he might have some benefit to join the group. But I think it's best for MLS to steer clear of these types. I can't see Del Baggio, Aquilini crowd helping the NHL in it's ventures.

WHITEY
07-27-2008, 09:03 PM
That's great to hear. There's already been some suggestion that Kerfoot has done so much for soccer in BC that nobody would go along with this.

However, if aforementioned dirtbag could push the waterfront stadium through his influence, he might have some benefit to join the group. But I think it's best for MLS to steer clear of these types. I can't see Del Baggio, Aquilini crowd helping the NHL in it's ventures.

I think if (probably more like when) Kerfoot and Nash are successfull in getting the Caps in the MLS the waterfront stadium red tape bullshit will start to move along; Nash as a lot of pull in VanCity. The stadium crap is more to do with the Port Authority playing "the game" and I don't believe Alquilini would progress much further than Kerfoot on his own. The Nash piece is key to the Caps getting into MLS; with Nash in the picture there is no need for that piece of shit Alquilini to be involved with the Caps in my opinion.

ag futbol
07-27-2008, 09:09 PM
Where does this port authority crap stand currently?

Last i heard:

- the original site was a no-go so he asked for a land swap with the port. The port was all red tape.
- The entire process was being delayed by a bunch of dirty condo developers pretending to be nimbys

WHITEY
07-27-2008, 09:19 PM
Where does this port authority crap stand currently?

Last i heard:

- the original site was a no-go so he asked for a land swap with the port. The port was all red tape.
- The entire process was being delayed by a bunch of dirty condo developers pretending to be nimbys

Here's a wiki link about the developements:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitecaps_Waterfront_Stadium

Here's what the stadium would look like:
http://www.whitecapsfc.com/files/Images/Stadium/renderings/renderings_soccer.jpg
http://www.whitecapsfc.com/files/Images/Stadium/renderings/renderingsouthlarge.jpg

Toronto Ruffrider
07-27-2008, 10:21 PM
The more interested parties, the better Vancouver's MLS bid will be. Hopefully Nash's presence can put pressure on the ultra-rigid Port Authority.

Vindaloo
07-27-2008, 10:51 PM
The last render is the latest one that came out. It has 2 tiers on 3 sides, which I would imagine is the 30k seat version.

These apparently are visionary renders that would not be the finished design but the basic structure only.

Roogsy
07-27-2008, 11:37 PM
Kerfoot has an actual history of supporting soccer in the Vancouver area, not to mention what he does for the women's soccer program.

He isn't some glory-hunter like Aquilini.

WHITEY
07-28-2008, 12:05 AM
Kerfoot has an actual history of supporting soccer in the Vancouver area, not to mention what he does for the women's soccer program.

He isn't some glory-hunter like Aquilini.

Totally... That low life Aquilini is only in it to feed the "hero complex" he has going on