PDA

View Full Version : Season Tickets Addition

BRed
07-27-2008, 08:27 PM
This is my first post here so excuse me if this has been talked about before..I called TFC and they said that I am on the gold members waiting list since I purchased international game tickets and Montreal Tickets, which reminds me FUck montreal!...anyways, I see alot of people around the supporters section that are quiet and sensitive. Having lived in europe this shit is unacceptable. Getting to the point, when will I get my season tickets so we can get the right people in the seats? My goal as a TFC supporter will be to keep the fortress strong and the suits gone...:taz:

The Pope
07-27-2008, 08:29 PM
if your on the gold list, you should get some for next season

where though, no idea

JDG
07-27-2008, 08:30 PM
The waiting list is 9,000 strong. Where on the list you are, will determine how fast you'll get seats.
I expect expansion within two years, so it seems unlikely that you'll have to wait longer than that.

adampz
07-27-2008, 11:08 PM
The waiting list is 9,000 strong. Where on the list you are, will determine how fast you'll get seats.
I expect expansion within two years, so it seems unlikely that you'll have to wait longer than that. Is that 9,000 overall, or 9,000 to get into the south end? Im on the red list, I joined just incase i end up moving to toronto. I emailed a tfc ticket rep to see if she could tell me how many people are infront of me, and i didnt get an email back.

egoodwin
07-27-2008, 11:11 PM
I'm not so sure about how next year for gold list... had it just been the half season packs added, there'd probably be a good bet of season's next year, but with these canadian championship/friendly packages in addition... could be more than a year wait now

BC101
07-27-2008, 11:16 PM
Afflac

Ladies Love Julius James
07-27-2008, 11:16 PM
Afflac

Do you do the duck voice when you say that LOL

BC101
07-27-2008, 11:17 PM
yes.

JDG
07-27-2008, 11:24 PM
Is that 9,000 overall, or 9,000 to get into the south end? Im on the red list, I joined just incase i end up moving to toronto. I emailed a tfc ticket rep to see if she could tell me how many people are infront of me, and i didnt get an email back.

9,000 overall, but the chances of getting into the South End are not worth get your hopes up for.
You'll be getting a crack at seats that came from people who moved, or didn't renew.
Unless they change the format from last year, if you are offered a chance to get seats, it will only be after the existing season ticket holders have had a chance to relocate. After everyone has relocated, I'll be extremely suprised to hear that anything in the South End was offered to people from the waiting list.
Set your sites on owning a seat first. In subsequent years you'll be given opportunities to upgrade your seat.

Roogsy
07-27-2008, 11:28 PM
The seats that are almost always available are the midfield seats that are a little pricier.

South stand seats are almost impossible to get, no matter how high up on the list you are.

BC101
07-27-2008, 11:28 PM
everyoneeeee wants to be a part of the cool kids club or freak show.

TFC Via Buffalo
07-28-2008, 01:38 AM
Unless they change the format from last year, if you are offered a chance to get seats, it will only be after the existing season ticket holders have had a chance to relocate. After everyone has relocated, I'll be extremely suprised to hear that anything in the South End was offered to people from the waiting list.

Wait, wait, wait wait.......... I get first choice next year for an option to move?!?!?!?!

God, I know I've done some shitty things in my life, but please let me get sound end seats next year. I'll be good. I promise!!!

Bloor West FC
07-28-2008, 06:10 AM
Expansion to the south and east side stands will be completed in 2010. The stadium will hold 30 000 fans.

I expect expansion within two years, so it seems unlikely that you'll have to wait longer than that.

brad
07-28-2008, 06:17 AM
Wait, wait, wait wait.......... I get first choice next year for an option to move?!?!?!?!

Don't get you hopes up, last year hardly and seats in the South End came up. When they do, there are tons of existing STH that want to relocate or pick up extras. If you are on the wait list, there is virtually no chance of getting into the South End (same goes for STH's want to relocate). All the cheaper options get snagged by existing STH's. Best you can hope for is some the expensive seats in the middle.

BRed
07-28-2008, 08:37 AM
wonk wonk wonkkkkkkkk.....I'm just a man in need of a couple of red seats, isn't that worth damn anymore?

Nuvinho
07-28-2008, 08:52 AM
I don't think they will allow existing STH to pick up extra tickets for next year.

brad
07-28-2008, 09:05 AM
I don't think they will allow existing STH to pick up extra tickets for next year.

Is that something you heard, or something you think will happen?

JDG
07-28-2008, 09:09 AM

Things change over the season, but a few months ago I was told we would get an opportunity to relocate and/or pick up extras.
You're allowed to own up to six seats, and if you don't own the max, you can pick up more.

Nuvinho
07-28-2008, 09:11 AM
It was somewhere on this board I heard that comment. So it's not offical, just something I heard.

Thanks JDG for clearing this up.

mauser09
07-28-2008, 09:16 AM
It sucks, I went to all the games in the Canadian and International package, but I didn't get the package itself, bought tickets separately off friends and some from Ticketmaster. No gold waiting list for me. :(

flatpicker
07-28-2008, 09:18 AM
I sincerely hope they come up with a better way to handle relocation of STH's.

They should really try some sort of online form that you can fill out with your preferred location in the stadium. Then (accommodated in order of original ticket purchase) they could start exchanging peoples seats if the requested seats become available by others wishing to move. I don't think it would too complex; folks wishing to move to pricier spots would just have to be willing to pay the difference in cost. I think this would be far more effective than having folks go down to the stadium and hoping for the best.

TFC Via Buffalo
07-28-2008, 09:43 AM
Best you can hope for is some the expensive seats in the middle.

Those would actually be the seats I have now.

I'm just looking for any hope at this point to get the hell out of my section.

RPB_Brantford_08
07-28-2008, 09:55 AM
This is my first post here so excuse me if this has been talked about before..I called TFC and they said that I am on the gold members waiting list since I purchased international game tickets and Montreal Tickets, which reminds me FUck montreal!...anyways, I see alot of people around the supporters section that are quiet and sensitive. Having lived in europe this shit is unacceptable. Getting to the point, when will I get my season tickets so we can get the right people in the seats? My goal as a TFC supporter will be to keep the fortress strong and the suits gone...:taz:

the reason it is getting quiet from at least my section is too many corporate seating in the supporters section, 114, in row 1 im usually
the only one chanting and singing and it gets frustrating at times.
sclapers selling to soccer moms is also not helping the situation either.
good luck in trying to get into the SS..we need more vocal support.

JDG
07-28-2008, 10:06 AM
I was just speaking with my friend in the FO, and I asked him about the relocation.
No confirmation, but he did say that there is a good chance that we(STHs) will not be allowed to pick up extras this year.

After commenting earlier in this thread, I thought I'd try to get a more definative answer.

Oldtimer
07-28-2008, 10:09 AM
No confirmation, but he did say that there is a good chance that we(STHs) will not be allowed to pick up extras this year.

That will upset the scalpers quite a lot! :rolleyes:

redcard
07-28-2008, 10:19 AM
I was just speaking with my friend in the FO, and I asked him about the relocation.

After commenting earlier in this thread, I thought I'd try to get a more definative answer.

while that may be true, STH's will still have the first opportunity to relocate, i'm sure.

JDG
07-28-2008, 10:29 AM
while that may be true, STH's will still have the first opportunity to relocate, i'm sure.

Absolutely. I was only correcting my earlier guess about expanding our ownership.

Maple Leaf Red
07-28-2008, 11:14 AM
I sincerely hope they come up with a better way to handle relocation of STH's.

They should really try some sort of online form that you can fill out with your preferred location in the stadium. Then (accommodated in order of original ticket purchase) they could start exchanging peoples seats if the requested seats become available by others wishing to move. I don't think it would too complex; folks wishing to move to pricier spots would just have to be willing to pay the difference in cost. I think this would be far more effective than having folks go down to the stadium and hoping for the best.

That is the biggest thing that they could do to improve things other than cracking down on scalpers. The problem now is that in your group someone could relocate and you'd never know so you lose the priority you earned by joining up early.

Last year I was on the first day for relocations and apparently 98% of the South End re-upped anyway.

The other thing that they might have to do is some sort of deal with the prices of the tickets. If a family of four bought tickets for the cheap price then they probably won't want to move out to a section that is twice as expensive. They could grandfather prices in (ie if you are in 221 and move to 113 then you pay the 221 price but the person you trade with pays their original pricing level) but that's a whole other can of worms.

It would just be nice to see a better set-up this year. Something similar to what the Sounders have set up would be perfect.

redcard
07-28-2008, 01:19 PM
i am hoping mlse 'encourages' the families to relocate outta the south end, 116 is quit as it is and wit families it just gets worse...

as well as putting a disclaimer on the tickets that say 'standing, chanting, singing banging drums is encouraged in the south stands'...or something like that...i hate being asked to sit in my seat, its been 5 times already this season...

brad
07-28-2008, 01:35 PM
i am hoping mlse 'encourages' the families to relocate outta the south end, 116 is quit as it is and wit families it just gets worse...

as well as putting a disclaimer on the tickets that say 'standing, chanting, singing banging drums is encouraged in the south stands'...or something like that...i hate being asked to sit in my seat, its been 5 times already this season...

It's a price thing I think. Relocating out most likely means at least doubling the price of the tickets.

The only way I could feasibly see this work is to offer exchanges between people in the Light Grey sections (the other cheapest seats).

Either that or grandfather the price (as mentioned), but I doubt they are going to give up revenue to make the supporters end more authentic.

Hitcho
07-28-2008, 01:45 PM

DON'T SIT DOWN!!!!! If you do, people in the south end will think they can get everyone to sit down. Next time, just politely turn ruond and say "Look, this is the supporters section, if you want to sit down quietly and watch the game, then move to the famil section or watch the game at home on tv" and get back to banging and shouting, preferably while standing on your seat.

I'm in 118 and if anyone ever told me to sit down I'd just snort at them in disgust and then ignore them. best way to get the soccer moms out of the south end is to make sure they cannot see anything for the whole game!!!!

COME ON YOU MIGHTY REDS!!!!!!!

ecantona7
07-28-2008, 02:05 PM
does anyone know the various prices for season tickets in various sections at BMO? much appreciated.

TFC Via Buffalo
07-28-2008, 02:07 PM
does anyone know the various prices for season tickets in various sections at BMO? much appreciated.

$899 where I sit.

Maple Leaf Red
07-28-2008, 02:17 PM
It's a price thing I think. Relocating out most likely means at least doubling the price of the tickets.

The only way I could feasibly see this work is to offer exchanges between people in the Light Grey sections (the other cheapest seats).

Either that or grandfather the price (as mentioned), but I doubt they are going to give up revenue to make the supporters end more authentic.

They wouldn't have to give up revenue if they had the people moving out/in keep their original pricepoints.

TFC Via Buffalo
07-28-2008, 02:28 PM
They wouldn't have to give up revenue if they had the people moving out/in keep their original pricepoints.

I'd honestly do that. Keep my price, put me where I want to be. Win/win.

Maple Leaf Red
07-28-2008, 02:30 PM
I'd honestly do that. Keep my price, put me where I want to be. Win/win.

Yeah, same here. I know that it's definitely unfair to those that can't afford to do that but it's likely the only way that you'll be able to get some of the families out of the south end.

Maybe TFC can force anyone that makes a complaint about the standing/noise/language move too.

Oh, and get the scalpers out.