PDA

View Full Version : V Cup Semi Game 2 - To the Words of Routhier - TFC @ Impact Wed June 8th 7:30pm

OgtheDim
06-01-2016, 08:51 PM
Have at it people

portu
06-01-2016, 09:09 PM
Who's routhier

PizzaEatingYeti
06-01-2016, 09:13 PM
Who's routhier

http://www.ameriquefrancaise.org/media-4744/o_canada_1.jpg

notthesun
06-01-2016, 09:39 PM
Probably going to be a full strength back line, plus Johnson-Cheyrou in the middle, and Giovinco with Babouli up top.

I think this probably ends in a draw and we advance.

Lennon
06-01-2016, 10:26 PM
Probably going to be a full strength back line, plus Johnson-Cheyrou in the middle

This alone should be enough to get it done.

Did Montreal rest their best defenders tonight, or do they have injury problems? I know Ciman is with Belgium (very happy for him :D).

Jpexxx
06-01-2016, 11:25 PM
Was Endoh hurt or just being rested?

With no weekend game we should be able, theoretically to field a pretty strong line up.

Not sure how to format so this might fuck up, but 4-4-2 (Diamond)
Hamilton- Giovinco
Osorio
Babouli Endoh
Johnson
Morgan-Moor-Perquis-Beit
Irwin

Or to keep Cheyrou in the mix more of a 4-3-3

Babouli-Gio-Endoh
Oso
Johnson- Cheyrou
Morgan-Moor-Perquis-Beit
Iriwn

Stress
06-01-2016, 11:27 PM
This alone should be enough to get it done.

Did Montreal rest their best defenders tonight, or do they have injury problems? I know Ciman is with Belgium (very happy for him :D).

Mostly injuries so we could see them line up somewhat similar, play someone out of position, or they might rush someone back who's not 100% fit. Either way, we are catching them at a decent time.

Ivy
06-02-2016, 12:13 AM
I like the 4-2-3-1 and think TFC need to stick with it.

Joe Kool
06-02-2016, 12:35 AM

He had an injury in training I think I heard.

Hamilton_Red
06-02-2016, 01:03 AM
Gio

Morgan Oso Delgado
Johnson- Cheyrou
Morrow-Moor-Perquis-Beit
Irwin

Morgan deserves to keep a spot. Baboulli and Endoh - on the bench for what they have showed so far. Main goal this game is to stop Montreal scoring.

Pint
06-02-2016, 10:00 AM
Sounds like we will have a much more complete lineup next week, if we go with 2 strikers who gets the #2 slot: Hamilton or Babouli?

molenshtain
06-02-2016, 10:09 AM
He had an injury in training I think I heard.

I saw him walking around the west side concourse during half. Might have had an injury but he seemed pretty OK.

mistercorporate
06-02-2016, 10:54 AM
Sounds like we will have a much more complete lineup next week, if we go with 2 strikers who gets the #2 slot: Hamilton or Babouli?
Hamiltons the striker, Babouli an excellent playmaker at this point, goals will come.

Mateo1985
06-02-2016, 12:01 PM
Based on what I could see Montreal had upwards to 30 traveling supporters at BMO last night. What are our numbers going to be approximately next week? I wish I could make it my self

BeachTory
06-02-2016, 12:27 PM
I saw him walking around the west side concourse during half. Might have had an injury but he seemed pretty OK.

I talked to him last night. He said its very minor, he's ready to play.....tfc have a box top of 123 where the non dressed players watch. Very accomodating at the half...

Walms
06-02-2016, 12:44 PM
I like the 4-2-3-1 and think TFC need to stick with it.

your not going to give me credit for calling that last year are you :hump:

C.Ronaldo
06-02-2016, 12:59 PM
I talked to him last night. He said its very minor, he's ready to play.....tfc have a box top of 123 where the non dressed players watch. Very accomodating at the half...

is this the formally known as Defoe's Mom's box, box?

Covlad
06-02-2016, 02:06 PM
Is anybody going to Montreal next week? If so what section and is there a contact in Montreal to get tickets?

Pint
06-02-2016, 02:14 PM
upper 112 is where the away supporters go, the contact at the impact is Jeremie jeremie.lavoie@impactmontreal.com

Ivy
06-02-2016, 03:00 PM
your not going to give me credit for calling that last year are you :hump:
What is that emoji?? Are you internet dry humping me??!!

Walms
06-02-2016, 05:04 PM
What is that emoji?? Are you internet dry humping me??!!

well i didn't see you yesterday, so the internet is really all i got left

Alonso
06-02-2016, 06:51 PM

With no weekend game we should be able, theoretically to field a pretty strong line up.

Not sure how to format so this might fuck up, but 4-4-2 (Diamond)
Hamilton- Giovinco
Osorio
Babouli Endoh
Johnson
Morgan-Moor-Perquis-Beit
Irwin

Or to keep Cheyrou in the mix more of a 4-3-3

Babouli-Gio-Endoh
Oso
Johnson- Cheyrou
Morgan-Moor-Perquis-Beit
Iriwn

This!

portu
06-02-2016, 10:19 PM
If Gio comes back I'd like to see him play on the wing with Hamilton up top

Pint
06-03-2016, 07:21 AM
Was thinking a 4-2-3-1 could still work

Irwin
Beit - Moor - Perquis - Morrow
Johnson - Cheyrou
Gio - Oso - Babouli
Hamilton

Detroit_TFC
06-03-2016, 07:59 AM

Irwin
Johnson - Cheyrou
Gio - Oso - Babouli
Hamilton

I'd love to see this.

Graeme
06-03-2016, 08:18 AM
After that game (and I never thought I'd type this) it hurts to have Lovitz and Morgan on the bench! But that line-up looks great.

Irwin
Johnson - Cheyrou
Gio - Oso - Babouli
Hamilton

Hamilton_Red
06-03-2016, 08:19 AM
Too many attacking players - basically that's a three striker formation with a #10.

Wednesday is a game to show how good a defence we have got. No responsibility to entertain. This will be the time to destroy the game and have some counter attacking football.

Irwin
Johnson - Cheyrou
Gio - Oso - Babouli
Hamilton

Pint
06-03-2016, 08:43 AM
Too many attacking players - basically that's a three striker formation with a #10.

Wednesday is a game to show how good a defence we have got. No responsibility to entertain. This will be the time to destroy the game and have some counter attacking football.

So what would you go with? Drop Babouli and Hamilton and put Morgan and Delgado on the wings with gio up top?

Yohan
06-03-2016, 08:44 AM
Giovinco might make the bench. No need to risk him coming back from injury, unless TFC needs a goal in 2nd half.

C.Ronaldo
06-03-2016, 08:56 AM
Babouli has to play again, hes a spark on field.
He busts his ass to get back on D too

OgtheDim
06-03-2016, 10:55 AM
Down goes Johnson

https://twitter.com/CanadaSoccerEN/status/738750880728686592

notthesun
06-03-2016, 01:04 PM
Piatti had an operation on his left hand for an injured thumb ligament. Out 2-3 weeks.

Auzzy
06-03-2016, 01:37 PM
Down goes Johnson

Piatti had an operation on his left hand for an injured thumb ligament. Out 2-3 weeks.

Survivor: MLS. Who will come out on top?

Covlad
06-03-2016, 01:44 PM
Thanks.

C.Ronaldo
06-03-2016, 02:09 PM
Survivor: MLS. Who will come out on top?

seems like an odd surgery to have midseason, musta been in pain.

Its probably why Irwin's shove hurt so much

Auzzy
06-03-2016, 02:44 PM

Yes undoubtedly the pain radiated straight from his thumb to his face, after he was pushed in the chest by Irwin.

(Note: if my thumb or hand hurt after being shoved to ground, I would clutch my hand or my thumb, not my face... He was hoping the ref didn't exactly see what had happened, and that Irwin would get a red for contact to the face.)

jloome
06-03-2016, 03:23 PM
Giovinco might make the bench. No need to risk him coming back from injury, unless TFC needs a goal in 2nd half.

We should play this as a counter and just stick Hamilton up top alone, maybe with Babouli or Osorio right behind him. Stack the midfield defensively. Maybe even play 4-5-1
----------Irwin---------
Beita--Perquis--Moor--Morrow
---------Cheyrou----------
Delgado--Johnson--Manella--Morgan
----------Hamilton

Just clog the shit out of the pitch, make them earn every inch.

Maybe go with Edwards or Babouli up top as the game goes on, take advantage of speed vs fatigue.

Ultra & Proud
06-03-2016, 04:54 PM
We should play this as a counter and just stick Hamilton up top alone, maybe with Babouli or Osorio right behind him. Stack the midfield defensively. Maybe even play 4-5-1
----------Irwin---------
----------Hamilton

Maybe go with Edwards or Babouli up top as the game goes on, take advantage of speed vs fatigue.
This is what I was thinking too.

Kaz
06-03-2016, 06:33 PM
----------Irwin---------
----------Hamilton

I'd put Oso in for Johnson as Johnson is injured.. but beyond that it seems like a plan.

Hamilton_Red
06-03-2016, 08:46 PM
So what would you go with? Drop Babouli and Hamilton and put Morgan and Delgado on the wings with gio up top?

I would definitely put Morgan in front of Morrow. Degaldo probably seems a bit more defensive minded than Baboulli.

Hamilton_Red
06-03-2016, 08:50 PM
Down goes Johnson

Hopefully that's a "international friendly" injury. Should fit by next wednesday.

Fort York Redcoat
06-05-2016, 09:45 AM
I'd start Willy but not for the full match.

OgtheDim
06-06-2016, 11:13 AM
https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/739851337106522113

Richard
06-06-2016, 11:47 AM
I think that's a bad move, maybe put them on the bench and only bring them into the game unless you really have to.

We don't need reoccurring injuries with our most important players.

I want us to win the cup but a two goal lead is pretty good, its especially good if we can get a goal on the road which would almost guarantee a victory.

Oldtimer
06-06-2016, 11:52 AM
I think that's a bad move, maybe put them on the bench and only bring them into the game unless you really have to.

We don't need reoccurring injuries with our most important players.

I want us to win the cup but a two goal lead is pretty good, its especially good if we can get a goal on the road which would almost guarantee a victory.

The only way to keep Seba on the bench (besides injury) is to nail him down.

Oldtimer
06-06-2016, 11:54 AM
hopefully that's a "international friendly" injury. Should fit by next wednesday.

https://twitter.com/johnmolinaro/status/739851337106522113

Surprise, surprise.

Pint
06-06-2016, 11:55 AM
These are very important games, more important to me than our game vs the galaxy on the 18th.

If they are ready play them as montreal will likely throw everything they have at us to make it to the finals.

A TFC vs Fury finals would be amazing

Fort York Redcoat
06-06-2016, 12:09 PM
These are very important games, more important to me than our game vs the galaxy on the 18th.

If they are ready play them as montreal will likely throw everything they have at us to make it to the finals.

A TFC vs Fury finals would be amazing

Didn't this sitch happen multiple times in recent years with a spotlight (Premium...riiiiight) match following the Vcup?

This convo is so familiar when in past years they look at the money from tix and possible viewers but now they have to weigh it heavily against the event created by Montreals "success" in the CCL Stade Olympique match.

Pint
06-06-2016, 12:35 PM
Didn't this sitch happen multiple times in recent years with a spotlight (Premium...riiiiight) match following the Vcup?

This convo is so familiar when in past years they look at the money from tix and possible viewers but now they have to weigh it heavily against the event created by Montreals "success" in the CCL Stade Olympique match.

After the game this Wednesday they get a week and a half off no matter what.
The finals may create a slight case of fixture congestion but we should be back close to full strength by then and be able to withstand a little squad rotation.

I know we are both of the same mind that Vcup is very important and everything I've heard from manning seams to indicate they view it the same way.

hulkrogan
06-06-2016, 01:51 PM
I say start them, hope we pot one, and pull them out early.

I'd way rather take it to Montreal than sit back, let them get up 1-0 or 2-0, then make a bunch of subs and hope they can pull it together to save one from the fire.

OgtheDim
06-06-2016, 02:04 PM
I get the feeling Montreal thought they could roll us over last week with their attack and then just coast at home. Thankfully, we did a number on them psychologically, until the final 5 minutes when Drogba lifted them up. They don't have the midfield to hold possession long - its not their thing. We can score goals on that defence.

If we score in the first half hour, and they havn't, they will wilt. Keep it tight and then break out and punish them.

Molinaro adds some depth to his tweets

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/will-johnson-sebastian-giovinco-toronto-fc-tfc-mls-montreal-impact-canadian-championship/

jmorgs88
06-07-2016, 05:17 PM
The wife and I are making the trip over for the game. Any supporters doing the same? Any particular pre-game bar/restaurant?

notthesun
06-07-2016, 05:39 PM
http://toronto-mp7static.mlsdigital.net/elfinderimages/2016-StartingXI-060816.png

Pint
06-07-2016, 05:49 PM
The wife and I are making the trip over for the game. Any supporters doing the same? Any particular pre-game bar/restaurant?

Not sure how many are making the trip but pregame is generally McLeans and peel pub.

OgtheDim
06-07-2016, 05:51 PM
Well Endoh and Morrow both made the trip

https://twitter.com/drewmoor/status/740228097325322240

MightyDM
06-07-2016, 05:51 PM
Hagglund and Zavaletta were actually very good last game, particularly Hagglund. If anything Beita was the weak link defensively (and Z). Maybe he gets a rest and keep Haggs on. Can Moor play RB?

cdnorman
06-07-2016, 07:44 PM
I can't think of the last time I was this excited for a Canadian Championship match as they usually feel a little forgotten. Last game was fantastic and I'm expecting this one to be a real battle and a chance for some redemption from last years' playoff debacle with our youth movement pushing forward. I like the idea of giving Hagglund some field time to get him back to form. He wasn't bad in his rookie year and could be a strong option if he gets a chance to string together some starts (and performs).

Joe Kool
06-08-2016, 07:53 AM
The only player I am not comfortable with in the Projected Starting XI posted in this thread is Chapman. He has shown recently that he is too soft right now to start in a big game like this. We need toughness and players that are not afraid of hard tackles. We can't afford any reason to have the team collapse like last year in the playoffs and we know that is always a possibility in Montreal because it happened before even with Bradley and Giovinco there. If Montreal goes up even by a goal early in the game it will open up their belief in themselves even more. We need a solid defensive game with Drogba not being involved like we did for the first 85 minutes of the last game. Drogba plays for the fouls and penalty kicks. He tried to pop the ball up at the TFC defenders arms several times last game to get a penalty with a handball. We can't let him win at his game. Hopefully the ref doesn't buy any of Drogba's shit and TFC takes it to them again and get the two away goals back early and give them a mountain to climb. We need something like a victory tonight to celebrate. Go Reds!!!

Cas87
06-08-2016, 08:33 AM
http://toronto-mp7static.mlsdigital.net/elfinderimages/2016-StartingXI-060816.png

The only player I am not comfortable with in the Projected Starting XI posted in this thread is Chapman. He has shown recently that he is too soft right now to start in a big game like this. We need toughness and players that are not afraid of hard tackles. We can't afford any reason to have the team collapse like last year in the playoffs and we know that is always a possibility in Montreal because it happened before even with Bradley and Giovinco there. If Montreal goes up even by a goal early in the game it will open up their belief in themselves even more. We need a solid defensive game with Drogba not being involved like we did for the first 85 minutes of the last game. Drogba plays for the fouls and penalty kicks. He tried to pop the ball up at the TFC defenders arms several times last game to get a penalty with a handball. We can't let him win at his game. Hopefully the ref doesn't buy any of Drogba's shit and TFC takes it to them again and get the two away goals back early and give them a mountain to climb. We need something like a victory tonight to celebrate. Go Reds!!!

I agree with the thoughts on Chapman, but state with a grain of salt that he does need to play to improve.

If Vanney goes with the formation above, I am hoping that it is only to hold defensively first and then switch out Chappy for Endoh come later in the 2nd half if we are leading 1-0 (or more).

Pint
06-08-2016, 08:38 AM
I really can't see both Gio and Johnson on the bench, 1 if not both will be in the lineup.

Go for the jugular from the start

ryan
06-08-2016, 09:39 AM

Makes sense when you don't really have any games for 2 weeks. Best time to get this out of the way.

Graeme
06-08-2016, 10:12 AM

Move Babouli to midfield and add Giovinco and that's a pretty good line-up. Sub in Johnson if we need to protect a lead, sub in endoh if we need a goal...

Yohan
06-08-2016, 10:32 AM
I really can't see both Gio and Johnson on the bench, 1 if not both will be in the lineup.

Go for the jugular from the start
if they are 90mins match fit... if not, why risk them?

Joe Kool
06-08-2016, 10:32 AM
I agree with the thoughts on Chapman, but state with a grain of salt that he does need to play to improve.

If Vanney goes with the formation above, I am hoping that it is only to hold defensively first and then switch out Chappy for Endoh come later in the 2nd half if we are leading 1-0 (or more).

I agree Chapman needs playing time to adjust to the MLS level and improve. I just don't agree with using a knockout game situation in an away stadium for the time to do it.

Pint
06-08-2016, 10:33 AM

"If fit" should have been added to my statement

C.Ronaldo
06-08-2016, 12:20 PM
is the idea that cheyrou pulls the strings on chapman?

TFC Tifoso
06-08-2016, 12:23 PM

why would they have to be 90 mins match fit?.....if TFC can even get 60 out of them its worth it imo.....otherwise they both would see no minutes in almost 3 weeks by the time LA comes around.....up 4-2 on agg, we shouldn't need 90 from either anyways......

Walms
06-08-2016, 12:46 PM
I dont think this will be the starting 11,,, i think we will add a bit more solidarity to the midfield. But i agree with not wanting to rush players back and risk re injuring them

TFC Tifoso
06-08-2016, 12:56 PM
I dont think this will be the starting 11,,, i think we will add a bit more solidarity to the midfield. But i agree with not wanting to rush players back and risk re injuring them

if they are not fully fit, sure no reason to play them.....but if there is no risk to re-injure, there's no reason to not give them whatever game action they can take....maybe if there was a game on the weekend I'd say differently.....

Auzzy
06-08-2016, 01:32 PM
So it looks like today's game will be streamed on MLS Live, but is blacked out for us?

stegosaurus
06-08-2016, 01:41 PM
So it looks like today's game will be streamed on MLS Live, but is blacked out for us?

Yes, you'll need to use a proxy to watch on MLS Live.

Areathrasher
06-08-2016, 01:45 PM

These games are always streamed on MLSLive for Yanks

FIAF
06-08-2016, 03:38 PM
Will watch!!! TFC will win!!!

Bardown Snipes
06-08-2016, 04:03 PM
I was just reading yesterday about Toronto FC news and apparently Saputo Stadium has banned some TFC members (Inebriatti) from attending this game. Just thought I'd let any RPB attending this game know that Saputo security will be on the lookout. Its a shame really that they have taken such harsh actions against some TFC fans, the rivalry is really starting to get heated.

Mateo1985
06-08-2016, 04:49 PM
Anyone got a decent link to an online stream? Might need to watch it from work. Thanks

PizzaEatingYeti
06-08-2016, 05:34 PM
For me this is the most important game of the 2016 season so far for TFC.
And so it should be a statement game...

How many "official" TFC folks think the same?
I guess not too many...
To show how backwards is this whole season set up to my taste, we begin the most important game of the season without any of our DP-s.

I know that 75% on this board does not agree, but for me winning the V cup is far more important than being the definition of a 500 team in MLS, them maybe qualifying for the playoffs. For me qualifying for the playoffs means nothing, if a team not goes into the second round there.

Of course behind all this maybe just my Euro mentality, as I have spent the first 36 years of my life there, and watched a ton of Euro footy in my life.
According with such mentality a championship winning team reflects that the respective team had the best overall performance through the full season.

Does a elimination style playoff system reflects this? Not even close... The worst team qualified for the playoffs can win it all. That's why I will hate forever the elimination style playoff setup of a football championship. It's nonsense to me...

...Parenthesis closed, sorry for this meaningless mini-rant, as the MLS will have forever playoffs.

notthesun
06-08-2016, 05:37 PM
https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/740672305370517505

https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/740672774767665152

https://twitter.com/impactmontreal/status/740672355802992640

Johnson starts, Giovinco on the bench. Would be a good night if we don't have to use Seba. Impact don't have much on the bench, if we can hang with their starters we'll be fine. Like that we're sticking with the 4-2-3-1, Johnson will be taking Bradley's role tonight.

OgtheDim
06-08-2016, 05:49 PM
For me this is the most important game of the 2016 season so far for TFC.
And so it should be a statement game...

How many "official" TFC folks think the same?
I guess not too many...

Manning and Vanney and others have indicated this game is important. CCL is important to the brain trust now.

JavierMartini
06-08-2016, 06:04 PM
please for the love of god i need a stream

OgtheDim
06-08-2016, 06:10 PM
In theory

http://firstrowca.eu/watch/442118/1/watch-montreal-impact-vs-toronto-fc.html

http://cricfree.sx/tsn-2-live-stream-

Ivy
06-08-2016, 06:11 PM
I'm freaking the f out.

PizzaEatingYeti
06-08-2016, 06:12 PM
Damn it, I don't find any stream.
It's not in the schedule of http://giostreams.eu, where I watched the last 6 games or so...
They are concentrating on the f..ing Copa America.

So please... anyone post a stream!

Red CB Toronto
06-08-2016, 06:14 PM
Also would love for Ottawa to take care of business !!

PizzaEatingYeti
06-08-2016, 06:15 PM
Also would love for Ottawa to take care of business !!
+1, big time!

Greatest Ripoff
06-08-2016, 06:17 PM
Here is a stream. Quality is real bad. Please post if you find anything better.

http://giostreams.eu/tsn2l1.html

JavierMartini
06-08-2016, 06:22 PM
seems like all the streams of tsn 2 are coming from the same source. Nothing in hd, cant maximize.

ag futbol
06-08-2016, 06:23 PM
Happy to see a lot of the guys get a second run-out. Good opportunity for them to cement their capabilities with the coaching staff.

PizzaEatingYeti
06-08-2016, 06:24 PM
Here is a stream. Quality is real bad. Please post if you find anything better.

http://giostreams.eu/tsn2l1.html

Sometimes these giostreams become a lot better after the first 20-30 minutes...

ronzilla
06-08-2016, 06:26 PM
Heres a few and working on finding more...

http://realstreamunited.tv/soccer/montreal-impact-vs-toronto-fc-rsu304i15

http://wiz1.net/channel2

http://www.stream2watch.co/live-now/sport-stream/soccer/montreal-impact-vs-toronto-fc-live-stream-june-08

http://sportlemons.org/soccer/montreal-impact-vs-toronto-fc-fs62jdi

Edit: 1 more added

http://firstsrowsports.eu/soccer/first-montreal-impact-vs-toronto-fc-row6a7904 (http://sportlemons.org/soccer/montreal-impact-vs-toronto-fc-fs62jdi)

portu
06-08-2016, 06:33 PM
Gonna have the Ottawa game on my phone and the TFC game on TV!!!! I'm so hyped for this game!!!!!!

PizzaEatingYeti
06-08-2016, 06:34 PM
None of the streams is working for me so far.

ronzilla
06-08-2016, 06:37 PM
Streams usually don't start until game is started.

This one is working good

JavierMartini
06-08-2016, 06:43 PM
Heres a few and working on finding more...

http://wiz1.net/channel2 <good stream

http://www.stream2watch.co/live-now/sport-stream/soccer/montreal-impact-vs-toronto-fc-live-stream-june-08

http://sportlemons.org/soccer/montreal-impact-vs-toronto-fc-fs62jdi

Edit: 1 more added

(http://sportlemons.org/soccer/montreal-impact-vs-toronto-fc-fs62jdi)http://firstsrowsports.eu/soccer/first-montreal-impact-vs-toronto-fc-row6a7904

my man, good stuff.

SirBobSaget
06-08-2016, 06:44 PM
Stronger lineup for tfc. Really good to see Johnson starting

SirBobSaget
06-08-2016, 06:51 PM
Drogba sure does call for treatment a lot

mistercorporate
06-08-2016, 06:57 PM
Use Google Chrome with Hide My IP extension, MLS Live is easy peasy then!

portu
06-08-2016, 07:02 PM
Lol that moment when u forget the Ottawa game is in Vancouver and not running concurrently I was so confused for the last 20 mins

ryan
06-08-2016, 07:20 PM
Our roster is what? 21M? With 19M into 3 players who aren't on the pitch?

This is so dire save for about 20-25 seconds of action.

flatpicker
06-08-2016, 07:24 PM
This is so dire save for about 20-25 seconds of action.

The more boring the better for Toronto.

Ultra & Proud
06-08-2016, 07:26 PM
Our roster is what? 21M? With 19M into 3 players who aren't on the pitch?.
Injuries happen but arranging this championship during the big international tournament of our region is the bigger head scratcher. Even if Altidore wasn't hurt we'd have only a recovering Giovinco on hand.

James17930
06-08-2016, 07:28 PM
Streams usually don't start until game is started.

This one is working good

Thank you good sir.

QBall
06-08-2016, 07:28 PM
We've had pretty much zero offense but I guess that's not really the game plan.

James17930
06-08-2016, 07:29 PM
Injuries happen but arranging this championship during the big international tournament of our region is the bigger head scratcher. Even if Altidore wasn't hurt we'd have only a recovering Giovinco on hand.

And we didn't think we'd even have him, either.

ryan
06-08-2016, 07:31 PM
The more boring the better for Toronto.

Well aware. Even better to bore their fans live!

I'm just hoping to see us not be so poor. Very sloppy in the final 3rd.

notthesun
06-08-2016, 07:31 PM
Good first half, love the jawing back and forth all half between Zavaleta and Drogba.

Mateo1985
06-08-2016, 07:34 PM
so far so good ladies and gents

mistercorporate
06-08-2016, 07:35 PM
Yeah, pleased with the overall gameplay. Good lineup, still not sold on Hamilton, let's use Giovinco!

The Canadian Championship is finally entertaining and meaningful...can't wait till the Canadian Premier League starts...then we'll have even more city teams competing across this country! A Canadian La Liga :D

Auzzy
06-08-2016, 07:35 PM
Actually TFC had a pretty good spell of possession a while ago. But for quite some time, they lost all focus. The few times TFC got the ball back, they immediately lost possession again, lots of bad passes. Playing a very dangerous game, Zavaleta on a yellow now.

Oh man, Wileman just jinxed it at half time, as if TFC were anywhere close to winning the series already. We know Montreal could score a pair of goals in minutes, and then TFC is out of it.

OgtheDim
06-08-2016, 07:38 PM
The most interesting part of that half was Saputo announcing the attendance 20 minutes into the match - and its fiddled by the looks of things. They had one decent chance, so did we. BUT, its all going to change with the first goal. I do like this DM combination of a nailed to in front of the back 4 Cheyrou and Johnson. I'm not sure Hamilton though is really bothering their back line - its like watching Braun as a lone striker circa 2013.

Jpexxx
06-08-2016, 07:38 PM
Yeah, pleased with the overall gameplay. Good lineup, still not sold on Hamilton, let's use Giovinco!

The Canadian Championship is finally entertaining and meaningful...can't wait till the Canadian Premier League starts...then we'll have even more city teams competing across this country! A Canadian La Liga :D

Agreed
I love when a little tidbit comes out regarding the CPL, even if its mostly just been the same info re-hashed.

Really hope it gets off the ground

ronzilla
06-08-2016, 07:41 PM
Bring on Giovinco, finish them off

Oldtimer
06-08-2016, 07:45 PM
Side note :Only the CSA would be so messed up that they would advertise games that already took place.

QBall
06-08-2016, 07:50 PM
Salazar is having a decent game. Seems to be the only one in blue who has any sense of urgency.

Auzzy
06-08-2016, 07:51 PM
Side note :Only the CSA would be so messed up that they would advertise games that already took place.

I can't believe their website. No highlights of games that already happened; instead links & articles about the games as if they were still ahead of us.

Kaz
06-08-2016, 07:57 PM
I want to see Gio come on for either Bouboli or Lovitz .. but I know it will be Chapman going in because Vanney is doing his.. try not to let them score rather than trying to win

notthesun
06-08-2016, 07:57 PM
Hamilton's hold up play is good enough for me. I think he should be next in line when Altidore can't play. It's a lot more beneficial to the team than having Giovinco and Babouli helpless on every long ball up top.

SirBobSaget
06-08-2016, 08:00 PM
Babouli improving with each game

QBall
06-08-2016, 08:01 PM
Ontivero's gone. Limpact down to 10. We're going to the final.

flatpicker
06-08-2016, 08:01 PM
Wow... I don't think that headbutt was part of Montreal's game plan.

JavierMartini
06-08-2016, 08:02 PM
hahahaha oh my god, that jhonson flop made my day. rofl

SirBobSaget
What a bunch of losers the impact.

Yohan
Lol. Will Johnson being an asshole got Ontivero sent off. nice acting too

Auzzy
06-08-2016, 08:03 PM
Oh shit, Impact down a man, now they'll pot a pair of goals...

SirBobSaget
06-08-2016, 08:04 PM
Or wait did he even make contact? Johnson's vet presense

ag futbol
06-08-2016, 08:04 PM
Lucky not to get that called with the didler's constant appealing for fouls. Bekker is really a nothing player from the run of play but strikes a hell of a dead ball.

WJ with a decent acting job. Professional performance from the team today.

notthesun
06-08-2016, 08:05 PM
Johnson sold it, but if you headbutt a guy you're just begging the ref to send you off.

SirBobSaget
06-08-2016, 08:05 PM
Vanney needs to change this up

jloome
06-08-2016, 08:06 PM
I can't believe their website. No highlights of games that already happened; instead links & articles about the games as if they were still ahead of us.

And zero surprise was registered by all.

Oldtimer
06-08-2016, 08:07 PM
Pretty rough game. Looks like a hockey game has broken out at times.

jloome
I love how he starts Becker and Alexander again. so much for the notion that Mauro Biello is some sort of tactical genius.

SirBobSaget
Get gio in there to scare the defense to stay honest

Kaz
06-08-2016, 08:09 PM
Get gio in there to scare the defense to stay honest

Nope I called the wrong player going in but I knew this is what Vanney was going to do.. He is so predictable and timid no hungry to score.

ag futbol
06-08-2016, 08:10 PM
FYI to Morgan: you are probably not going to be able to shield drogba off that ball, lol.

JavierMartini
06-08-2016, 08:10 PM
what a fucking joke of a call

flatpicker
06-08-2016, 08:11 PM
Yes!
Giovinco coming in.

JavierMartini
FYI to Morgan: you are probably not going to be able to shield drogba off that ball, lol.

depends if he goes bowling through your back and still gets the call.

Auzzy
I don't have a very good feeling here...

But Giovinco should help.

James17930
06-08-2016, 08:13 PM
Isn't it dangerous to bring Giovinco in here? With Montreal now out of it and nothing to lose, they may go after him ...

flatpicker
06-08-2016, 08:15 PM
Isn't it dangerous to bring Giovinco in here? With Montreal now out of it and nothing to lose, they may go after him ...

You're getting ahead of yourself.
There's still time left in the game.

Auzzy
06-08-2016, 08:16 PM

Montreal isn't out of it. They could score a pair of goals in a flash, and then TFC is out of it due to the away goals. Especially with Drogba getting all the calls now.

jloome
Only Devos could shit on a TFC coach while complimenting him. On Canadian players: "I think it proves a point to Vanney that he can turn to them for depth."

shwade
Will Johnson is an asshat. ..no wonder he gets his legs taken out so often.

Red4ever
06-08-2016, 08:20 PM
Jesus christ this is tense.

Auzzy
06-08-2016, 08:20 PM

Qu'est-ce que c'est?

smtavare
06-08-2016, 08:21 PM
If shit goes wrong here, I will want Vanney's head

flatpicker
06-08-2016, 08:23 PM
If shit goes wrong here, I will want Vanney's head

That's the spirit!

James17930

Care to clarify?

shwade
Qu'est-ce que c'est?

I mean he's always yelling at players and getting in their faces when they're on the ground...it's arrogant - and hypocritical seeing how easy he goes to ground.

ag futbol
06-08-2016, 08:24 PM
depends if he goes bowling through your back and still gets the call.
You know he's just going to complain after anyway and the ref will change it.

Why is it we allow our selves to absorb pressure being down a man. I mean really - just go classic Mourinho and keep the play in the middle third of the field until the whole thing just grinds to a halt.

Yohan
06-08-2016, 08:24 PM
I mean he's always yelling at players and getting in their faces when they're on the ground...it's arrogant - and hypocritical seeing how easy he goes to ground.
he is like one of least liked play in MLS. he's always being a jerk, constantly jawing at the opposition

JavierMartini
06-08-2016, 08:25 PM
that linesman is a cunt.

Auzzy
06-08-2016, 08:26 PM
Some of these calls are fucking ridiculous.

Auzzy
06-08-2016, 08:28 PM
Shut it Wileman!

Red4ever
06-08-2016, 08:30 PM
Is there a fire drill?

James17930
06-08-2016, 08:30 PM

Well, okay ... so one of those 'he's a pest, but he's our pest' situations.

Learn to enjoy the fact that it sometimes works in our favour (like tonight).

James17930
06-08-2016, 08:34 PM
Okay DeVos, I don't think anyone is going to question that card. C'mon.

flatpicker
06-08-2016, 08:35 PM
Well done Toronto.

Wouldn't mind facing Ottawa.

JavierMartini
06-08-2016, 08:35 PM
Hahahaha fuck you impact

James17930
06-08-2016, 08:36 PM
Yay!

C'mon Ottawa!

notthesun
06-08-2016, 08:36 PM
lol never change De Vos. TFC apparently "defending for their lives" to advance, while up 2 goals on aggregate and allowing, what, 1 shot on target?

Can't wait until we win an MLS Cup... "TFC manage to scrape and claw their way to a championship"

Auzzy
06-08-2016, 08:38 PM
lol never change De Vos. TFC apparently "defending for their lives" to advance, while up 2 goals on aggregate and allowing, what, 1 shot on target?

Can't wait until we win an MLS Cup... "TFC manage to scrape and claw their to a championship"

Exactly, I couldn't believe the "defending for their lives" comment, especially at the point when he said it. TFC was rolling the ball around Impact's half, the threat was clearly over.

jloome

Can't wait until we win an MLS Cup... "TFC manage to scrape and claw their to a championship"

'With that cup win, vanney might be getting an inkling of how, sometime down the line, he might just manage a cup win."

ensco
Liked the way we won most of those balls lobbed into the box.

ronzilla
06-08-2016, 08:41 PM
Okay DeVos, I don't think anyone is going to question that card. C'mon.

Yeah that was clearly a red card. Good call.

SirBobSaget
Full credit to Vanney and the depth. Was pessimistic at the start hoping for at best a tonne of luck winning something like 1-0 on aggregate but instead dominated for 180 out of 188 mins.

Alonso
Haven't read the other pages posts yet, so sorry if it's been said (and even worse if its obvious to most of you) but thought it was worth mentioning, but subbing in Seba was the best defensive move we made all night.

All of the sudden they had to be way more honest in the attack, and it pulled the rug out from under them.

Alonso
06-08-2016, 08:42 PM
'With that cup win, vanney might be getting an inkling of how, sometime down the line, he might just manage a cup win."

He's just terrible.

Can't stand listening to him.

OgtheDim
06-08-2016, 08:44 PM
It was a clear head butt. As for somebody not liking Johnson, he's a pest and hated by supporters of other teams.

But if you ask players, you get a different opinion. He is respected cause he is not dirty. He niggles, he stays within the bounds of the game, he tackles hard but fair, he gets yellows cause thats what happens. But players respect him.

Soooooo........when's the next round again?

Red4ever
06-08-2016, 08:46 PM
I thought the reverse angle showed it didn't get him, but whatever.

We won, I don't care.

Alonso
06-08-2016, 08:48 PM
he is like one of least liked play in MLS. he's always being a jerk, constantly jawing at the opposition

Maybe... but he's our jerk dammit!

And if he draws young blood idiots into red card scenarios all the better!

shwade
06-08-2016, 08:49 PM
I thought the reverse angle showed it didn't get him, but whatever.

We won, I don't care.

It looked like more of a shoulder shove.

SirBobSaget
06-08-2016, 08:50 PM
It was a clear head butt. As for somebody not liking Johnson, he's a pest and hated by supporters of other teams.

But if you ask players, you get a different opinion. He is respected cause he is not dirty. He niggles, he stays within the bounds of the game, he tackles hard but fair, he gets yellows cause thats what happens. But players respect him.

Soooooo........when's the next round again?

Ya when are the finals scheduled? found june21/22, then june 29th

Alonso
06-08-2016, 08:51 PM
It looked like more of a shoulder shove.

From what I saw on the angles he got a forehead jammed into his nose.

ronzilla
06-08-2016, 08:52 PM
Vanney should have brought Giovinco on for the entire 2nd half. It would have changed the game and taken a lot of pressure off the team.

Defending was somewhat good, only because montreals attack really sucked.

On to the next.

Yohan
06-08-2016, 08:54 PM
Haven't read the other pages posts yet, so sorry if it's been said (and even worse if its obvious to most of you) but thought it was worth mentioning, but subbing in Seba was the best defensive move we made all night.

All of the sudden they had to be way more honest in the attack, and it pulled the rug out from under them.
it certainly was interesting. Mtl had to attack and Vanney chose to literally park the bus with 6 defenders on the field (plus Lovitz who he used as a defender before) and Cheyrou as DM. And he's got Giovinco to keep Mtl from throwing the kitchen sink and go all out attack.

Alonso
06-08-2016, 08:55 PM
Ya when are the finals scheduled? found june21/22, then june 29th

From Canada Soccer .Com :

CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL21/22 June 2016:
First leg (TSN)
29 June 2016:
Second leg (TSN)

OgtheDim
06-08-2016, 08:59 PM
From what I saw on the angles he got a forehead jammed into his nose.

Into his right cheek when I slow it down in MLS Live.

Regardless, the Impact player butted his head at and into an opponent. Straight red.

Alonso
06-08-2016, 09:02 PM
it certainly was interesting. Mtl had to attack and Vanney chose to literally park the bus with 6 defenders on the field (plus Lovitz who he used as a defender before) and Cheyrou as DM. And he's got Giovinco to keep Mtl from throwing the kitchen sink and go all out attack.

Giovinco had a couple of decent shots at goal, it changed how the Montreal defense could support an attack... exactly like you said, they couldn't dare go all out for fear of Gio doing what he does best (easily taking on two or three defenders sparsely positioned).

Jack
06-08-2016, 09:02 PM
They got it done. Criticize decisions by Vanney all you want, folks, but 4-2 is a damn fine result for me over 180 minutes.

Oh, and one more thing:

Tik tak tabernacle...

ManUtd4ever
06-08-2016, 09:03 PM
The kids showed tremendous composure in both legs. We had the benefit of being up a man for a considerable period of time, but the Impact didn't really pose a threat offensively even when they were at full strength, with the exception of a 10 minute spell when we had too many rookies on the pitch.

Overall, it was a very convincing and deserving victory.

Alonso
06-08-2016, 09:03 PM
Into his right cheek when I slow it down in MLS Live.

Regardless, the Impact player butted his head at and into an opponent. Straight red.

That's the bottom line.

Can't do that and stay in the game.

mistercorporate
06-08-2016, 09:06 PM
Once we win the finals, what will be the gameplan moving forward? Continue to play the kids or take it seriously and smash Club America at Azteca stadium with our veterans?

Alonso
06-08-2016, 09:08 PM
Once we win the finals, what will be the gameplan moving forward? Continue to play the kids or take it seriously and smash Club America at Azteca stadium with our veterans?

LOL

You MUST be :troll:ing

Detroit_TFC
06-08-2016, 09:10 PM
Keeping a scoreless draw in MTL is not too bad. MTL seems like they are in a funk and I'm hoping these two games clear away what was a growing funk for TFC previously.

Oldtimer
06-08-2016, 09:11 PM
Good strategy, good defensive structure, full credit to Vanney and the youth.

Yohan
06-08-2016, 09:13 PM
wow. Caps are starting some 15 yr old kid vs Fury

ManUtd4ever
06-08-2016, 09:15 PM
Caps score on a penalty in the first two minutes.

Yohan
06-08-2016, 09:16 PM
and Caps get a PK in 1st min lol

Alonso
06-08-2016, 09:27 PM
As the underdogs Ottawa is going to need an away goal to have a chance by making it comfortable for themselves.

They are looking the part.

Bardown Snipes
06-08-2016, 09:30 PM
Anyone know the likelihood of TFC hosting the 1st leg of the finals?

Smokecell
06-08-2016, 09:34 PM

Same as the likelihood of VWFC beating the Fury. We get second leg at home if the Fury advance.

ManUtd4ever
06-08-2016, 09:34 PM
Caps tied it up. It looks like it will be Vancouver in the finals.

OgtheDim
06-08-2016, 09:35 PM

Given Vancouver has gotten back the 2 goal deficit in 20 minutes, I'd say very likely. Ottawa looks outclassed here. Can't handle the speed.

DIEHARDTFC
06-08-2016, 09:37 PM
Damn...would have been cool to head to Ottawa for one of the legs. And a much easier path to a trophy..

Jpexxx
06-08-2016, 09:46 PM
So if Vancouver wins, we would host the first leg, correct?

I hope its the Tuesday.

NolbertoS
06-08-2016, 09:47 PM
Guys anybody have an online link for the Whitecaps vs Ottawa Fury?? I'm working late here :( Much appreciated

ronzilla
06-08-2016, 09:55 PM
Guys anybody have an online link for the Whitecaps vs Ottawa Fury?? I'm working late here :( Much appreciated

http://firstsrowsports.eu/soccer/first-vancouver-whitecaps-vs-ottawa-fury-fc-row6a7919

Jpexxx
06-08-2016, 09:55 PM

This was posted on reddit.... hope u have adblock

http://nowwatchtvlive.co/tsn-2-live-streaming-watch-tsn-2-canada-channel-online/

Yohan
06-08-2016, 11:09 PM
It's TFC vs Vancouver final

Ivy
06-08-2016, 11:12 PM
Damn it. I was really hoping to go to an Ottawa away game.

Brooker
06-09-2016, 03:39 AM
There goes the new away game. God damnit.

We'll smash Vancouver, I'm not concerned. Was just looking forward to a new venue.

Negative. He's our Bobby Heenan.... only quicker.

Always mess with their minds.

http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/2012/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/bobby-heenan-bio.png

OgtheDim
06-09-2016, 06:03 AM
Hmmm...we are about to do the longest trip in the league

June 18th - Home vs LAG

June 22nd (?) - Home vs Vancouver

June 25th - @ Orlando

June 29th - @ Vancouver

July 2nd - Home vs Seattle

Rather be us then Montreal.

Derko
06-09-2016, 06:17 AM

At least he is our asshat, much like Drogba whom is Montreal's asshat, he seems to go to ground far more often and easier than Johnson does. Nice counter argument I would say.

bigredone
06-09-2016, 06:50 AM
A list of ridiculous things De Vos has said over the years would be hilarious. I think I heard him criticise Seba last night for not delivering enough headers (something like that). WTF? I have never heard that, nor have I ever expected him to deliver headers. This and the "buy the tickets for June 4th to support Canada commercial" made me feel off-the-pitch shame.

TFC Tifoso
06-09-2016, 06:58 AM
Great effort over the 2 legs......and Will Johnson is AMAZING!!! g:D.....imo he's been our MVP up to now......great little bit during the half by de Vos who highlighted him and Cheyrou showing how they were keeping the midfield from getting overrrun......

ensco
06-09-2016, 07:03 AM
Looking like it'll be USA v Brazil in the Copa America quarterfinals June 17.

I think we will have Bradley back for the first Vancouver game.

Pint
06-09-2016, 07:20 AM
Stupid wankouver screwing up what would have been an awesome road trip.

Onto the finals and a chance to lift the cup in enemy territory. Hope all the west coast TFC supporters can get out to the game.

Mateo1985
06-09-2016, 08:28 AM
Home leg is first for us?

Red CB Toronto
06-09-2016, 08:29 AM
Home leg is first for us?

Yes it would be. Vancouver is the higher seed.

Mateo1985
06-09-2016, 08:30 AM
makes sense I guess since they won the cup last year

Pint
06-09-2016, 08:43 AM
Are they seeded higher because they won the cup or because they had the best MLS record between the 3 of us?

molenshtain
06-09-2016, 08:44 AM
It's seeded by MLS record.

C.Ronaldo
06-09-2016, 10:18 AM

I don't know though, he doesn't score headers....soooo

OgtheDim
06-09-2016, 10:29 AM
Tuesday Night Game for the V Cup 1st Leg

That will make attendance...interesting.

SSH have tickets already and additional available to them today, according to TFC twitter

ensco
06-09-2016, 10:34 AM
Tuesday Night Game for the V Cup 1st Leg

That will make attendance...interesting.

First impact of the Argos at BMO. They want/need more than 24 hours to set up for the Argos game Thursday the 23rd.

Richard
06-09-2016, 10:34 AM
Only Devos could shit on a TFC coach while complimenting him. On Canadian players: "I think it proves a point to Vanney that he can turn to them for depth."

Can't wait until we win an MLS Cup... "TFC manage to scrape and claw their way to a championship"

Exactly, I couldn't believe the "defending for their lives" comment, especially at the point when he said it. TFC was rolling the ball around Impact's half, the threat was clearly over.

A list of ridiculous things De Vos has said over the years would be hilarious. I think I heard him criticise Seba last night for not delivering enough headers (something like that). WTF? I have never heard that, nor have I ever expected him to deliver headers. This and the "buy the tickets for June 4th to support Canada commercial" made me feel off-the-pitch shame.

De Vos is a clown, best thing to do next match is just mute the game or tune into a different stream, his bias for Vancouver is going to be nauseating.

bigredone
06-09-2016, 10:46 AM
De Vos is a clown, best thing to do next match is just mute the game or tune into a different stream, his bias for Vancouver is going to be nauseating.

Hearing him groan when we score a half-dozen goals will sound great on the sub-woofer.

Joe Kool
06-09-2016, 01:17 PM
First impact of the Argos at BMO. They want/need more than 24 hours to set up for the Argos game Thursday the 23rd.

Damn I was wondering why on a Tuesday. Wednesdays are good for me. Tuesdays are no good because my son's team plays Tuesdays and has an away game that day. Looks like I am going to have to miss this game....bloody Argos.

Fort York Redcoat
06-09-2016, 01:39 PM

Let's revisit that "first priority, first tenant" talk. A Tuesday is not unheard of for Cup dates but this reasoning makes my toes curl.

Onyx
06-09-2016, 02:07 PM
Let's revisit that "first priority, first tenant" talk. A Tuesday is not unheard of for Cup dates but this reasoning makes my toes curl.

this already been discussed in the argos thread a lot when the argos schedule came out, shouldn't really surprise anyone on this forum

Fort York Redcoat
06-09-2016, 02:13 PM
this already been discussed in the argos thread a lot when the argos schedule came out, shouldn't really surprise anyone on this forum

And yet it's worth mentioning. Surprise or no.

Joe Kool
06-09-2016, 03:42 PM

I hardly read the Argos thread so I guess it could still surprise some people like me on this forum.

Alonso
06-09-2016, 05:50 PM
I don't know though, he doesn't score headers....soooo

LOL... Can't believe he even bothered saying that.

Ultra & Proud
06-10-2016, 12:50 PM
LOL... Can't believe he even bothered saying that.
It's De Vos, there's always room to make stupid comments.

ensco
06-12-2016, 07:23 AM
Colombia played reserves and blew their game against Costa Rica last night.

Which means the US wins that group and likely avoids Brazil in the quarters.

Which means much higher odds of no Bradley for V Cup Final Game 1.