PDA

View Full Version : V Cup Semi Game 1 - The Land of Hope for All Who Toil - Impact @ TFC Wed June 1 730

Pages : 1 [2]

Alonso
06-02-2016, 06:37 PM
I don't think Hamilton back heeled it. You can slow the video down to 0.25 speed and you see the ball change directions before he gets his foot over it. He either kicked it into the defenders leg, or Babouli's pass deflected back to Osorio.

Look at second 35 to 39 of the youtube video i posted and tell me what you think.

The ball never touches the Montreal defender.

Alonso
06-02-2016, 06:42 PM
I don't think Hamilton back heeled it. You can slow the video down to 0.25 speed and you see the ball change directions before he gets his foot over it. He either kicked it into the defenders leg, or Babouli's pass deflected back to Osorio.

OK I did as you suggested (never knew it was an option) and played it at 0.25 and you're right Jhams missed it and it came off of the defenders heel.

In real time with the naked eye though it looked like he struck out and pulled the ball back with his heel.

Alonso
06-02-2016, 08:04 PM
This game for me seems to have signaled a maturation of the Canadian soccer game going forward.

It was an all Canadian finishing performance and the national team coaches would do well to take note.

Babouli, Hamilton, and Osorio work very well together so PLEASE for the love of all, give them a call up!

BeachTory
06-02-2016, 08:39 PM
Are there full game streams of the two semi games available anywhere? Thanks in advance

C.Ronaldo
06-03-2016, 09:14 AM
Did JHam get an assist for Osorio's second goal?

I think the commentators got it wrong when they said he "missed" the shot... to me from the angles I saw, he missed on purpose and back heeled it behind himself as if it was a set play.

Anybody got a clear video shot or know if he was in fact given the assist that I think he should get.

TFC website hasn't updated their stats to reflect what happened last night.

Here's the youtube video of the goal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_xMwEO5fqM

JHam used his left foot heel to pull the ball back behind him back into the middle of the box. He didn't have a shot, so did the sensible thing.
where was the keeper going on that?

still love that play from babouli, he was almost triple teamed

spark
06-03-2016, 12:31 PM
Ashtone has real strengths and is still young enough that it's reasonable to think he might yet be an MLS starter, and be here for many years to come.

He is, already, quietly, but absolutely, Mr TFC for me.

When he got his first minutes with CMNT I saw him the next day on the subway and went and chatted him up. At that time there had been some pointless online talk about his background and Jamaica IIRC. A friend of mine played soccer with his dad on a team of Trinis/Jamaicans and I had the impression it might have been a possibility and noted that, asking if he considered playing for anyone else.

He laughed, "Never man - this is my home, and I'm a Toronto boy through and through."

Would be a great story IMO if he is able to stay and get back into a starting XI role.