PDA

View Full Version : Giovinco THROWS captains arm band to the ground

Alonso
05-28-2016, 08:11 PM
Guys, please tell me that I am missing something here.

But the man threw the captains arm band on the fucking ground!

Is this another Defoe situation? Am I jumping to conclusions here or do we have another unsettled super star on our hands?

portu
05-28-2016, 08:15 PM
Guys, please tell me that I am missing something here.

But the man threw the captains arm band on the fucking ground!

Is this another Defoe situation? Am I jumping to conclusions here or do we have another unsettled super star on our hands?
Okay glad I'm not the only one who has a problem with him throwing the armband on the ground

Alonso
Hate to add to the mess... but, in addition, was he really that hurt? To leave the game?!? Really?

Bloody big mess part two on our hands I think....

Jack
He was injured and upset over it. I wouldn't read too much into it. The guy does get passionate on the field, but that isn't a bad thing.

I do agree that throwing the armband is not cool.

portu
05-28-2016, 08:18 PM
I think it may be soon to think it's bloody big mess 2.0 but I'd be lying if I said I'm not worried

noimpactinmtl
05-28-2016, 08:18 PM
Lets wait until post game interviews before we start getting pitchforks and torches out.

Alonso
05-28-2016, 08:23 PM
I'll never pitchfork a man like Seba.... I have zero doubt for the mans passion, abilities, and honour.

I'm worried that something is awry.

Hamilton_Red
05-28-2016, 08:29 PM
In the lead-up to the injury there were about 3 or 4 amateur level attempted passes to him. The body language really looked like - WTF am I doing playing at this level?

I hope it's just an injury.

Alonso
05-28-2016, 08:31 PM
In the lead-up to the injury there were about 3 or 4 amateur level attempted passes to him. The body language really looked like - WTF am I doing playing at this level?

I hope it's just an injury.

Me to.

But my brain is saying Giovinco is done with this team and league.

OgtheDim
05-28-2016, 08:36 PM
He has yet to sound done with the league or TFC.

Minus the armband, he did much the same thing last season when he injured his abductor.

Pint
05-28-2016, 08:36 PM
Pretty sure frings did the same thing when he got hurt. It's nothing to be worried about

reggie
05-28-2016, 08:39 PM
maybe its time to part ways with GIO,with that money Bez can go out and get a couple mls vet DMs to fill in the roster.

Alonso
05-28-2016, 08:39 PM
Pretty sure frings did the same thing when he got hurt. It's nothing to be worried about

Thank you.

More soothing is needed from the rest of you please!

I'm loosing my shit at the moment....

Alonso
05-28-2016, 08:43 PM
maybe its time to part ways with GIO,with that money Bez can go out and get a couple mls vet DMs to fill in the roster.

Salary cap is way more trickier than that.

You're making a moot argument.

Giovinco's hit on the salary cap is approximately $400,000

We can't "go out and get a couple mls vet DMs to fill the roster" with that money.

Pint
05-28-2016, 08:44 PM
Step 1: go get a drink
Step 2: repeat until relaxed
Step 3: have some.water before bed

Alonso
05-28-2016, 08:52 PM
Step 1: go get a drink
Step 2: repeat until relaxed
Step 3: have some.water before bed

g:D

:drinking:

Thanks again...

You're really helping!

I'm definitely calmer now.

But seriously. Throwing the captains arm band to the ground? You don't think that might mean something?

reggie
05-28-2016, 08:55 PM
Salary cap is way more trickier than that.

You're making a moot argument.

Giovinco's hit on the salary cap is approximately $400,000

We can't "go out and get a couple mls vet DMs to fill the roster" with that money.
i was kidding....its something bez would prob do...

OgtheDim
05-28-2016, 09:01 PM

But seriously. Throwing the captains arm band to the ground? You don't think that might mean something?

IIRC, he was captain for a game last season and did the same thing when subbed off.

He doesn't revere the armband. Oh well....

Alonso
05-28-2016, 09:02 PM
i was kidding....its something bez would prob do...

LOL!

You got me!

Alonso
05-28-2016, 09:05 PM
IIRC, he was captain for a game last season and did the same thing when subbed off.

He doesn't revere the armband. Oh well....

IIRC this was his first match as captain.

But you are helping me deny the obvious.

Pint
05-28-2016, 09:05 PM

Thanks again...

You're really helping!

The worst thing it could mean is he doesn't understand the magnitude of the arm band.

starter
05-28-2016, 09:12 PM

Thanks again...

You're really helping!

I think throwing the armband shows that Gio does not rate Vanney, btw Frings was not fan of Winter back then.
How can a rookie coach, like Vanney, help players like Gio advance their career anyways?

Alonso
05-28-2016, 09:18 PM
The worst thing it could mean is he doesn't understand the magnitude of the arm band.

The worst thing is not that he doesn't understand the magnitude of the arm band.

Do you honestly think that he doesn't?!?

The worst thing is that he does understand the meaning of throwing the arm band to the ground and did it!

Oldtimer
05-28-2016, 09:29 PM
He was injured, you can't wear the armband when injured. He was upset over having to leave the game, this is the guy who flew directly from Italy to play for TFC. It is not a Defoe situation, it's not a sign he's done with Vanney's or MLS, lol at all the searching for a deeper meaning. I know we are all traumatized by TFC of seasons past, but it's time to chill.

ronzilla
05-28-2016, 09:30 PM
I'm not sure if I believe this. Giovinco was trending on twitter and there was not 1 single tweet of the armband being thrown off.

Also I seen him walk off calmly without any incident.

Post a video or it never happened.

Alonso
05-28-2016, 09:34 PM
He was injured, you can't wear the armband when injured. He was upset over having to leave the game, this is the guy who flew directly from Italy to play for TFC. It is not a Defoe situation, it's not a sign he's done with Vanney's or MLS, lol at all the searching for a deeper meaning. I know we are all traumatized by TFC of seasons past, but it's time to chill.

Thank you, fucking thank you!

This is what I've been asking for!

I'm clearly delusional, and will go to bed now thinking that I obviously have read too much into this.

Obviously I've read too much into this!

Pint
05-28-2016, 09:36 PM
The worst thing is not that he doesn't understand the magnitude of the arm band.

The worst thing is that he does understand the meaning of throwing the arm band to the ground and did it!

Step 2... just remember step 2

portu
05-28-2016, 09:44 PM
I'm not sure if I believe this. Giovinco was trending on twitter and there was not 1 single tweet of the armband being thrown off.

Also I seen him walk off calmly without any incident.

Post a video or it never happened.
lol im so done with u on this forum, why would we be making this up

Hamilton_Red
05-28-2016, 10:01 PM
Apparently Vanney said that the injury was nothing significant.

hmmm

ensco
05-28-2016, 11:01 PM
I haven't seen a minute of this game, but there is no way Gio would fake an injury or knowingly do something disrespectful with the armband. There is no way.

He deserves better than this. If he was upset, it was for another reason.

He may be absolutely pissed off with the service he is getting. If so, good, I am glad somebody is.

Smokecell
05-28-2016, 11:14 PM
Glad somebody brought up Frings, I remember seeing that and wondering if I had just seen him quit on the team. Gladly it was just frustration over getting hurt as I'm sure this is. Once again we have to shake this TFC PTSD and carry on. If I was Gio I'd be pretty pissed I didn't get to bag the hat trick I dreamed of the last night to give Conte the proverbial finger.

Red CB Toronto
05-28-2016, 11:17 PM
I haven't seen a minute of this game, but there is no way Gio would fake an injury or knowingly do something disrespectful with the armband. There is no way.

He may be absolutely pissed off with the service he is getting. If so, good, I am glad somebody is.

He knew the injury happened the second it happened, the trainer took him straight to the locker room. There was no attempt to hang around on the sideline and go back in, his night was none.

SoccMan2
05-28-2016, 11:19 PM
I think Giovinco was injured and took the armband off because he was frustrated he could not continue and nothing else. He is a fierce competitor and hates not being able to contribute due to injury.

Auzzy
05-29-2016, 12:14 AM
Glad somebody brought up Frings, I remember seeing that and wondering if I had just seen him quit on the team. Gladly it was just frustration over getting hurt as I'm sure this is. Once again we have to shake this TFC PTSD and carry on. If I was Gio I'd be pretty pissed I didn't get to bag the hat trick I dreamed of the last night to give Conte the proverbial finger.

I'm sure there's a bit of frustration about the whole situation, both Bradley & Altidore gone makes things worse for Giovinco. But yes I wouldn't be surprised if the Italy snub played an expecially big role today. He surely wanted to rack up some more goals & assists in response to the snub, instead he's off injured, hopefully not too long.

mistercorporate
05-29-2016, 12:18 AM
I feel like he's really bonding with Babouli and the fact he was made captain shows his English skills are much better now to be able to communicate with the team. He's fine, probably just frustrated at his lack of scoring lately. Piatti's now tied with him in the Golden Boot race.

Redcoe15
05-29-2016, 12:19 AM
:facepalm:

Why do we do this to ourselves?!!

Yagbod
05-29-2016, 02:25 AM
He never salutes the supporters. Why would he care about an armband? He's not that kind of player.

I mean that as no disrespect. He's just focused on being his best. The rest be damned. Respecting the armband is really shit he need not worry about. It's something anxious fans worry about.

And if he leaves? It's more seats real supporters can take on the lakeshore terrace. That stand is badly in need of a purge.

Doucet3
05-29-2016, 03:40 AM

Seriously... It's like we like to search for frustration and issues. He's passionate and got frustrated anyone who's played sports will know this is normal sure it's not cool he threw the arm band but don't read to much in to it ... It wasn't malicious nor intended to be disrespectful.

Hit it the breaks relax

shwade
05-29-2016, 03:46 AM
Well...I would probably do that too if I had to rely on Chapman, Lovitz and whatever else D league players they surround him with.

ManUtd4ever
05-29-2016, 07:32 AM
I don't think he meant any disrespect. He was probably frustrated that he got injured. The optics are poor though.

ronzilla
05-29-2016, 08:00 AM
The armband itself is not the captain. It's the person who wears it. You should be more concerned of the injury, rather than a mere rubber band.

Did you expect him to fold it up and gently lay it on the ground while being in pain and frustrated?

Making a mountain out of a molehill.

Fort York Redcoat
05-29-2016, 08:40 AM
He never salutes the supporters. Why would he care about an armband? He's not that kind of player.

I mean that as no disrespect. He's just focused on being his best. The rest be damned. Respecting the armband is really shit he need not worry about. It's something anxious fans worry about.

And if he leaves? It's more seats real supporters can take on the lakeshore terrace. That stand is badly in need of a purge.

He saluted the south the first time he heard us sing his song in game. If he hasn't come over to say hello I'm ok with that one great memory.

Just a clarification.

Fort York Redcoat
05-29-2016, 08:45 AM
This is another case of anything that can go wrong will. He was given the armband for the efforts he makes on the pitch and not for the experience hence who got it after Seba got injured.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him with the armband again, or see him come over and clap the fans afterwards, or not.

Passionate players act out. People will wait with baited breathe as to what it means. Let's see how long till he's back.

mistercorporate
05-29-2016, 08:46 AM

Too many highly traumatized legacy members who invested their hearts and souls in the dark old shitty TFC days. They still haven't adapted to the beautiful new team and venue.

mistercorporate
05-29-2016, 08:47 AM

The probably doesn't know it's also the city flag. he probably just felt frustrated and tossed the captains band not knowing the further significance.

Chevy
05-29-2016, 09:25 AM

You have stirred the pot in an ad nauseaum, Fox News-esque manner. Now.....

http://i.imgur.com/A4G8niq.png

Adamo23
05-29-2016, 10:15 AM
Guys we all have to remember what he is going through. TFC were losing early in that game, he didn't make the Italian national team, and he got hurt. He's got a week to cool down before our next match. He most likely didn't throw the captains band down because he was made at our city or team but because he is mad at himself.

Shakes McQueen
05-29-2016, 10:20 AM
It's an armband, not a sacred artifact. He was angry and frustrated with being injured, and the state of the game. And probably about not getting the call-up.

If he's showing bad signs for the next three weeks, then we can start to wonder. But this? This is a total nothingburger. We gotta stop doing this to ourselves.

Adamo23
05-29-2016, 10:22 AM
It's an armband, not a sacred artifact. He was angry and frustrated with being injured, and the state of the game. And probably about not getting the call-up.

If he's showing bad signs for the next three weeks, then we can start to wonder. But this? This is a total nothingburger. We gotta stop doing this to ourselves.

Exactly my point

Fort York Redcoat
05-29-2016, 10:31 AM
You have stirred the pot in an ad nauseaum, Fox News-esque manner. Now.....

All things look different with the light of day. This thread was an immediate reaction and one can see a progression of calmer heads prevailing. No need to turn this into a personal controversy.

Derko
05-29-2016, 11:02 AM
The armband itself is not the captain. It's the person who wears it. You should be more concerned of the injury, rather than a mere rubber band.

Did you expect him to fold it up and gently lay it on the ground while being in pain and frustrated?

Making a mountain out of a molehill.

Well put my friend, well put

skypilot69
05-29-2016, 12:28 PM

You nailed it Shakes!! Well said!!
Cheers

moralis
05-29-2016, 12:54 PM
Giovinco: 'I'd choose Toronto again'

http://www.football-italia.net/85112/giovinco-id-choose-toronto-again

james
05-29-2016, 01:24 PM
We lost, he was probably frustrated, people stop jumping to the worst conclusion.

jloome
05-29-2016, 06:47 PM

I think he was pissed that his foot got stepped on twice in tackles without the ref acknowledging it. Then he hurts a muscle when we're a goal down, and he's been on a cold streak. Add all that to already being pissed off about Conte, and he just looked upset, not "I hate this league" upset.

ryan
05-29-2016, 07:27 PM

This.

Calm down ffs.

General Woolfe
05-29-2016, 09:21 PM
I'll put it down to a bad end to a frustrating week for him. You could compare it to the team's reaction after he went off. It was like they collectively gave up. Now I don't believe that to be true any more than Séba was showing disrespect by tossing the armband. (It doesn't even have the club crest on it, does it? I thought it was the city of Toronto logo - maybe he's had enough of City's taxes?)

Oldtimer
05-29-2016, 10:29 PM

Proven right AGAIN.

CBTFC
05-29-2016, 11:05 PM
Holy smokes, some serious knee jerk over reaction goin' on, lol.

He slammed the soul of our beloved city towards the ground!!! Oh dear ;)

Oldtimer
05-30-2016, 07:32 AM
I think everyone can chill out after watching this Seba interview:

http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2016/05/25/ive-said-league-continuing-grow-and-its-beautiful-league-sebastian-giovinco?

Oblio2
05-30-2016, 11:47 AM
I cant believe this is a thread. Looking for drama where there is none.
Jog on

Fort York Redcoat
05-30-2016, 01:29 PM
It's actually only still alive because people are commenting after its been resolved. It was worth discussion the night of the game before we heard more since then.

dreaddogs
05-31-2016, 02:37 PM
Altidore needs help up front....

Get rid of Jozy and Bradley. This American way of playing gets no where..... experiment is over... get some Italians from Seria A that are not on the national team to help Giovinco...

dreaddogs
05-31-2016, 02:37 PM
Should read... Gio needs help upfront.

Get rid of Jozy and Bradley. This American way of playing gets no where..... experiment is over... get some Italians from Seria A that are not on the national team to help Giovinco...

Fort York Redcoat
05-31-2016, 03:09 PM

Altidore needs rehab. Just like Seba.

should read?